PDA

View Full Version : Post from the other board

KCL
11-27-2009, 09:04 PM
I was reading at Mania earlier...in one of the Chiefs/Chargers threads.Denver fans are wanting KC to win..then I read this post..what are your all's thoughts?I wouldn't think any Denver fans would want SD to win.

"I strongly disagree. If Kansas City beats San Diego next week, yes we would be in first place, BUT hear me out. Kansas City would be on a 2-game winning streak against very good teams. Then they would be at home with a chance to all but ruin our playoff hopes.

I don't say this much but, go chargers!"

camdisco24
11-27-2009, 09:07 PM
Uhhh disagree.
I think either way you look at it you can make it hurt us or help us. (the Broncos that is!)

I still say go KC!!

KCL
11-27-2009, 09:10 PM
I thought it was pretty stupid...KC may not beat Denver in KC anyway.

titan
11-27-2009, 09:28 PM
As a Bronco fan of course I want KC to beat San Diego. It does 2 things:

1. Puts the Broncos in a tie with the Chargers and gives San Diego a division loss. If the broncos and chargers end up tied the first tiebreaker is division record (since the two teams split their regular season series). So if the Chiefs beat the Chargers the Broncos are in 1st place (they'd have a better division record than SD)

2. I want the Chiefs to have a better record than the Bears so the Broncos get a better first round draft choice (having the bears choice from the cutler trade)

Would a KC win make the chiefs a tougher opponent for the Broncos the next week? Sure, but the Broncos still would have their destiny in their own hands. As it stands now Denver needs some help from other teams (i.e. beating San Diego) to have a chance at the division title.

girler
11-27-2009, 09:52 PM
Go KC!!! :salute:

spikerman
11-27-2009, 10:11 PM
Sunday I'm a Chiefs' fan!!! :salute:

SoCoPoCo
11-27-2009, 10:15 PM
Gotta pull for KC to win and put us back into a 1st place tie for the division...any thinking beyond that is just thinking too much.

Superchop 7
11-27-2009, 11:24 PM
I'm hoping it ends in a tie.

MOtorboat
11-27-2009, 11:25 PM
I'm hoping it ends in a tie.

You're either not a Bronco fan, or you're not that intelligent.

I'm going for the latter.

jhildebrand
11-28-2009, 12:09 AM
Go CHIEFS!

JONtheBRONCO
11-28-2009, 12:14 AM
You're either not a Bronco fan, or you're not that intelligent.

I'm going for the latter.

Hey now we all can't be on the level of intelligence you are MO. It's hard. Okay?

And yes, go KC.

rcsodak
11-28-2009, 12:23 AM
I was reading at Mania earlier...in one of the Chiefs/Chargers threads.Denver fans are wanting KC to win..then I read this post..what are your all's thoughts?I wouldn't think any Denver fans would want SD to win.

"I strongly disagree. If Kansas City beats San Diego next week, yes we would be in first place, BUT hear me out. Kansas City would be on a 2-game winning streak against very good teams. Then they would be at home with a chance to all but ruin our playoff hopes.

The most assinine comment I've ever read.

How in the world would another team's victory, who is going NOWHERE this year, "ruin our playoff hopes"? All it'd do would be to put Denver/SD on an even keel, and tied for 1st in the West. Then, of course, Denver would have to beat KC.

Who was this simpleton, kc? 7th grader? Nobody else could imagine such idiocy.

Glad I'm not over there anymore. I'd prolly be banned on a weekly basis. :laugh:

KCL
11-28-2009, 12:35 AM
The most assinine comment I've ever read.

How in the world would another team's victory, who is going NOWHERE this year, "ruin our playoff hopes"? All it'd do would be to put Denver/SD on an even keel, and tied for 1st in the West. Then, of course, Denver would have to beat KC.

Who was this simpleton, kc? 7th grader? Nobody else could imagine such idiocy.

Glad I'm not over there anymore. I'd prolly be banned on a weekly basis. :laugh:

I don't know who it was rc..probably someone that joined after we left..I don't post there much...didn't even sign in...just thought I would read some stuff and came across that little jewel...I thought it was stupid and/or funny...one of the 2...I can't decide.

rcsodak
11-28-2009, 12:39 AM
I don't know who it was rc..probably someone that joined after we left..I don't post there much...didn't even sign in...just thought I would read some stuff and came across that little jewel...I thought it was stupid and/or funny...one of the 2...I can't decide.

Seriously hope that person eats with plastic utensils.

Brand
11-28-2009, 01:17 AM
I don't care if the Chiefs beat SD or not. There are a couple of other games on the SD schedule that would be more likely to upset SD. For me, I just want the Broncos to win and let the chips fall where they may. That's what going to happen, anyway......

Compared to all the doom and gloom, I am happy with the team's performance to date. Things are going to be much better around Dove Valley in the future.....

broncophan
11-28-2009, 09:04 AM

I have a feeling.....our loss to the redskins.....is the one that may cost us the playoffs......and a game we really needed to win.

I hope the chiefs beat the chargers though....

BroncoJoe
11-28-2009, 09:50 AM
No question you look to have the division leader lose any game.

Go Chiefs! :barf:

HORSEPOWER 56
11-28-2009, 10:01 AM
GO CHIEFS!!!! I don't care if it would be beneficial for SD to win (which it isn't because you can't control the outcome of games that you don't play in) I will NEVER root for Phyllis or Norv... EVER!

The Sparklers have become the new Raiders of the West as far as I'm concerned (without the Superbowl rings - had to add that). They're a bunch of talented, yet loudmouth punks who always cry foul when they lose and shoot off their mouths and talk shit when they win.

I hope to NEVER see them in another superbowl during my lifetime. I'd rather see the NE Bellicheats win 10 more than the Sparklers win one. Period.

KCL
11-28-2009, 10:31 AM
No question you look to have the division leader lose any game.

Go Chiefs! :barf:

I hope that you get over it Joe...:D

jrelway
11-28-2009, 10:59 AM
i hope you queefs rock the chargers. im starting chambers this week as my flex.

ssgtwc
11-28-2009, 11:30 AM
I hope KC does it!!!!

TXBRONC
11-28-2009, 06:10 PM

It makes no sense to me. If the Chiefs win it helps the Broncos period. But no matter how good the Chiefs have been playing Denver has to go to K.C. and win if they want make the playoffs.

KCL
11-28-2009, 07:28 PM
It makes no sense to me. If the Chiefs win it helps the Broncos period. But matter how good the Chiefs have been playing Denver has of to K.C. and win if they want make the playoffs.

translation please....:lol:

Bozo Jr.
11-28-2009, 07:33 PM
In the position we're in, to say you want SD to win because KC might use their momentum against us otherwise is downright foolish and maybe even retarded.

Here's hoping KC can pull out the Win! :beer:

:salute:

Northman
11-28-2009, 07:34 PM
I thought it was pretty stupid...KC may not beat Denver in KC anyway.

With Denver's history and the parity that goes on in the league i understand why he said that. But as with any team if SD goes in and humilates KC that could either fire them up for Denver or deflate them. Either way, Denver could use a Charger loss more than a KC one.

WARHORSE
11-28-2009, 10:03 PM
Of course I want KC to win cause we gain the most from that.

I too want them to have a better record than Chicago.

As for a chance to ruin our playoff hopes..............nope.

We're cleat peelin some red :mad: buttholes in Arrowhead AND Mile High.:salute:

spikerman
11-29-2009, 06:42 PM
Sunday I'm a Chiefs' fan!!! :salute:

Sorry KCL, I should have told you that this is typically what happens to teams I want to win. :tsk:

KCL
11-29-2009, 06:50 PM
Sorry KCL, I should have told you that this is typically what happens to teams I want to win. :tsk:

hey same thing happens to me...:lol:

rcsodak
11-29-2009, 11:34 PM
I have a feeling.....our loss to the redskins.....is the one that may cost us the playoffs......and a game we really needed to win.

I hope the chiefs beat the chargers though....

Non conference games aren't the killer you're making them out to be.

Hurt the record, yes. But losing to the remaining AFC teams will be FAR worse.