PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Schedule Versus San Diego's Schedule!

Cugel
11-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Now that the Broncos have managed to beat the underachieving Giants, it's worth looking ahead to the rest of the season:

Broncos 7-4 face:

Dec 06 DEN @ KC (3-7) Probable L (when was the last time the Broncos won at Arrowhead in December? Not this year either).
Dec 13 DEN @ IND (10-0) L (Not a chance in hell in Indy)
Dec 20 OAK (3-8) @ DEN W (this should be as easy a game as they get)
Dec 27 DEN @ PHI (6-4) probable L (Philly is tough at home)
Jan 03 KC @ DEN (3-7) W (should be another easy win)

Record: 9-7 If they can beat Philly on the road it could be 10-6 and a possible wild-card.

The 7-3 Chargers face:

Nov 29 KC (3-7) @ SD. Probable W at home [8-3]
Dec 06 SD @ CLE (1-9) Probable W -- It's Cleveland [9-3]
Dec 13 SD @ DAL (8-3) Probable L -- Cowboys should win at home [9-4]
Dec 20 CIN (7-3) @ SD Probable W tough game, but should win at home [10-4]
Dec 25 SD @ TEN (4-6) Probable W Titans still suck [11-4]
Jan 03 WAS (3-7) @ SD Probable W So do Redskins on the road [12-4]

Record: 12-4 division title. Again. Cincinatti is tough defensively, and the Titans at home could be a trap game. But, Chargers will be favored to win both those games. They could win them all.

It doesn't look like the Broncos have much chance to win the division now since the Chargers have a pancake schedule with only Cincy and Dallas as tough games -- and Dallas isn't exactly a world-beater as the Broncos proved in beating them handily.

Their chances of a wild-card would depend on upsetting either KC in KC or Philly in Philly and on other teams not having a better record than 10-6 and not having a better conference record.

broncophan
11-27-2009, 04:09 PM
nah.....I see SD losing at least 2...and maybe 3.

rcsodak
11-27-2009, 04:25 PM
I love it.

Cugel says NYG will be wiping their asses with Denver.

Denver wins.

Convincingly so.

Cugel backtracks and calls the NYG "underachieving". :lol:

First person I thought of last night, was Cugel. And how he'd cover his ass on this one.

Funny thing is, SOMETIMES, a great game by one team will MAKE the other team look like shit. Case in point, the SD game. I don't thing Denver was that bad. SD just came better prepared and dominated. Same thing with last night's game. Denver was lit up and ready. They were not going to lose. Just like the NE/DAL games. Some will say "they didn't look very good". I say it was BECAUSE of who they played.

Must say, though...if it weren't for the naysayers like Cugel & co., there wouldn't be anything to argue.

PS> It would be nice, on occasion, if people would opine positives. Especially when they're warranted.

cuzz4169
11-27-2009, 04:29 PM
I dont agree either. Denver will end up 10-6 or 11-5. you heard it here first Denver will upset the colts. I love our secondary against the colts. Our offense will be fine against the colts defense. This isnt pitt or the ravens defense the broncos will be facing. But i als think denver can run the table if they play like they dd the first 6 weeks and the giants game.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Yeah, and Jay Cutler only got us second round value too? Hehaw.

BroncoWave
11-27-2009, 04:33 PM
It's also important to look at PIT and JAX's schedules since they are our 2 main WC competitors:

PIT:

@BAL
OAK
@CLE
GB
BAL
@MIA

Probably a 3-3 or 4-2 finish for them

JAX:

@SF
HOU
MIA
IND
@NE
CLE

Looks like a 3-3 finish for them

If we can just beat the 3 teams we are supposed to and finish 10-6, that should be good enough to get us in.

silkamilkamonico
11-27-2009, 04:36 PM
I think Denver has a good oppurtunity for a wildcard but I don't think we take the division. SD is playing lights out and they have a top 5 QB in the game playing well at the moment.

Timmy!
11-27-2009, 04:41 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_UJXjve70XLg/SZLXDWIrB3I/AAAAAAAAAJM/GJqj8t4tGkI/s320/Buzz_(150_x_255).jpg

rcsodak
11-27-2009, 04:42 PM
It's also important to look at PIT and JAX's schedules since they are our 2 main WC competitors:

PIT:

@BAL
OAK
@CLE
GB
BAL
@MIA

JAX:

@SF
HOU
MIA
IND
@NE
CLE

If we can just beat the 3 teams we are supposed to and finish 10-6, that should be good enough to get us in.

Denver has to worry about themselves, firstly. If they don't, nothing else will matter.

With that said, for W/C, they have to worry about Pitt/Bal, since they lost to both of them. They'll need one more win than them. Lets hope Pitt wins their Division, and Cinci has the next best record. Then Denver would be in as the #5 seed.

silkamilkamonico
11-27-2009, 04:43 PM
I love it.

Denver wins.

Convincingly so.

Let me guess. Cugel still thinks Jay Cutler is an elite and franchise QB in the NFL too...

Cugel
11-27-2009, 04:48 PM
I love it.

Denver wins.

Convincingly so.

First person I thought of last night, was Cugel. And how he'd cover his ass on this one.

Funny thing is, SOMETIMES, a great game by one team will MAKE the other team look like shit. Case in point, the SD game. I don't thing Denver was that bad. SD just came better prepared and dominated. Same thing with last night's game. Denver was lit up and ready. They were not going to lose. Just like the NE/DAL games. Some will say "they didn't look very good". I say it was BECAUSE of who they played.

Must say, though...if it weren't for the naysayers like Cugel & co., there wouldn't be anything to argue.

PS> It would be nice, on occasion, if people would opine positives. Especially when they're warranted.

I predicted the Giants would win because Denver had played HORRIBLY for a solid month.

If you say you would have been surprised to see the Broncos come out flat and be just as bad as they were against the Redskins you're either DELUSIONAL or LYING!

I have no need to "cover my ass." Any more than you do, after predicting Broncos victories for the past month only to see the team get it's asses kicked every week! Who was right about that? Hmmmn? :coffee:

The Giants ARE underachieving. Who would deny it? They have the same personnel that got them the #1 seed in the NFC last year and now they've lost 5 out of their last 6 games.

What other adverb would describe them? Their defense isn't playing well and their WRs are sucking.

Do your really think the Broncos are suddenly "great" or something?

If you want to predict 12-4 have the GUTS to say which games you think they will win, like the other posters in this thread! And expect to be called out if you're wildly wrong. I personally don't care.

I predict which games I think the teams will win or lose. You just spout off your mouth! :coffee:

rcsodak
11-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Let me guess. Cugel still thinks Jay Cutler is an elite and franchise QB in the NFL too...

:eek:

:gulp:

He's NOT?!?!?!?

Cugel
11-27-2009, 04:51 PM

Actually, I do. And I'm not alone. Aside from bitter fans here in Denver who blather on about Cutler being "a whiner", most NFL GMs and coaches STILL think Cutler is a "franchise QB" and potentially one of the best in the NFL.

If you watched football this past week you saw Tony Dungee and Jon Gruden say just that. And I suspect they know a bit more about football than you do! :coffee:

Requiem / The Dagda
I predict which games I think the teams will win or lose. You just spout off your mouth! :coffee:

Did you predict all of the games before the season started? It wouldn't he hard to predict or assume a Broncos loss as they had dumped four straight. Don't pat yourself on the back too hard for well, being wrong. :coffee:

rcsodak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
Sorry JR, but that's what's known as "knocking down a straw-man."

You would expect the team to show some signs of life the last 3 weeks. They haven't.

That was a VERY BAD team in the Washington Redskins that whipped the Broncos like a stray dog last week! They SUCK! Bad.

They will be lucky to win 2 more games this season. The Broncos game was probably going to be their best game of the season.

The defense is wearing down, the offense has totally fallen apart. The starting QB is injured and out. The backup QB is looking like a guy who hasn't started since 2005.

Hell they might do just as well with Bandstater out there!

If there was ever a team ready to fall totally off a cliff this Broncos team is it.

They face TWO tough games over a period of 4 days and will probably be 6-5 and dead as Marley's ghost by the end of the week.

Think I'll resurrect this after every win.

weazel
11-27-2009, 04:52 PM
Denver will be on the outside looking in...

Cugel
11-27-2009, 04:52 PM
nah.....I see SD losing at least 2...and maybe 3.

Then have the guts to predict WHICH ONES!

I posted MY schedule and said WHY I think the teams will win or lose! Let's see yours! :coffee:

Timmy!
11-27-2009, 04:53 PM
http://www.forumspile.com/LOL-lolz.jpg

rcsodak
Actually, I do. And I'm not alone. Aside from bitter fans here in Denver who blather on about Cutler being "a whiner", most NFL GMs and coaches STILL think Cutler is a "franchise QB" and potentially one of the best in the NFL.

If you watched football this past week you saw Tony Dungee and Jon Gruden say just that. And I suspect they know a bit more about football than you do! :coffee:

And there are ALSO NFL GM's and coaches who think he's the next Jeff George!

But I presume because they don't agree with you, YOU know better than they do. :coffee:

silkamilkamonico

His ability to turn the ball over and lose games fotr the Bears this season certainly bodes well for your argument.

What's your next argument for why he's struggling? "He needs an oline, and some WR's, and then he would be a top QB in the NFL?" So wouild 75% of other NFL QB's.

You fail.....again.

silkamilkamonico
11-27-2009, 04:54 PM
And there are ALSO NFL GM's and coaches who think he's the next Jeff George!

But I presume because they don't agree with you, YOU know better than they do. :coffee:

Cugel knows one thing. Failure at being right. Over, and over, and over, and over again/

Requiem / The Dagda
11-27-2009, 04:54 PM
As you can see here, Cugel is walking a very thin line speaking for GMs and coaches across the league. I guess he was able to ask them all their thoughts on Jay Cutler. Good to know. Did they also share the same assessment that he'd only get us a second round pick in return?

Cugel
11-27-2009, 04:57 PM

PIT:

@BAL
OAK
@CLE
GB
BAL
@MIA

JAX:

@SF
HOU
MIA
IND
@NE
CLE

I didn't try and estimate whild-card scenarios because it's too hard at this point of the season.

Obviously Pittsburgh would get in from beating the Broncos head to head.

But, beyond that it's still rather early to tell anything about wild-cards.

Three weeks ago, Denver was still the odds-on favorite to win the division.

I personally did NOT think they would fold and lose 4 in a row. I thought they'd beat the LOUSY Redskins in DC for instance.

I was very surprised to see them tank that game!

They should be 8-3 at this point, and putting all the pressure on San Diego to keep up with them. :coffee:

silkamilkamonico
11-27-2009, 04:58 PM
Did they also share the same assessment that he'd only get us a second round pick in return?

Cugel logic : "1st round + 1st round = 2nd round pick. You just continue to spout your mouth off!"

Requiem / The Dagda
11-27-2009, 04:59 PM
"Hi, my name is Cugel. I have a penchant for talking smack about the Broncos and making final five game prediction after half the season has been played. I thought that the Broncos would only get a second round pick for Cutler, and still believe he's one of best quarterbacks in the league. His QB rating has regressed every year he has been in the NFL, and is on pace to lead the league in interception, but he's still a top five gunner in the league."

silkamilkamonico
11-27-2009, 04:59 PM
They should be 8-3 at this point, and putting all the pressure on San Diego to keep up with them. :coffee:

According to your wacky and ingenious logic of how the season will end, it looks like that wouldn't have made a difference anyways.

Great argument you got going for yourself here....not.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-27-2009, 05:00 PM
I didn't try and estimate whild-card scenarios because it's too hard at this point of the season.

Not really. Can you do simple math? Do you understand the tie breaking procedures? You just don't have what it takes to critically think hard and make a bold statement. If you are willing to predict what we'll with five games left, why not try the other teams in the hunt? Must be too much work for you.

/RANT OF!!!!!!!F

MOtorboat
11-27-2009, 05:03 PM
lol..."I was totally wrong before the season, so now I'm trying to make up for it..."

Cugel
11-27-2009, 05:08 PM
As you can see here, Cugel is walking a very thin line speaking for GMs and coaches across the league. I guess he was able to ask them all their thoughts on Jay Cutler. Good to know. Did they also share the same assessment that he'd only get us a second round pick in return?

What the F are you talking about? :coffee:

About 20 teams expressed an interest in Cutler when he was offered to be traded. About ten teams contacted the Broncos offering MULTIPLE high round picks for him, like the Lions and Rams.

McDaniels decided he wanted a veteran QB, not just draft picks. He watched film of the QBs who might be available and decided he preferred Orton. At that point he consummated the trade with Chicago.

At that point, other teams were reported to be ANGRY with the Broncos for NOT letting them get into a bidding war for Cutler -- specifically the Jets and Redskins! They wanted to have the opportunity to try and top other offers from the Bears. They would have offered even MORE and HIGHER draft picks etc.

But, here in Denver every arm-chair fan knows much better than these NFL expert GMs and coaches! :coffee:

"Cutler wanted to be traded! He's a CRY-BABY! Cry-Baby Cutler's a TRAITOR! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!"

I swear. It's like listening to a bunch of 12 year olds. :coffee:

As for Dungy and Gruden, they have both won SBs. What they said is exactly what I saw them say in the last 2 weeks in reviewing the Bears.

But, obviously you know so much more than them sitting in your arm-chair belching and eating potato chips, since you HATE Cutler for wanting a trade! WAAAAA! :coffee:

MOtorboat
11-27-2009, 05:10 PM
And I'm the insufferable *******...

Cugel
11-27-2009, 05:11 PM
Not really. Can you do simple math? Do you understand the tie breaking procedures? You just don't have what it takes to critically think hard and make a bold statement. If you are willing to predict what we'll with five games left, why not try the other teams in the hunt? Must be too much work for you.

/RANT OF!!!!!!!F

Actually, it IS too much work for me! I can't be bothered. I DO know the tie-breaking procedures, but analyzing all the potential wild card teams is too time consuming.

Why don't you do it yourself if you're that keen? :coffee:

rcsodak
11-27-2009, 05:12 PM
I predicted the Giants would win because Denver had played HORRIBLY for a solid month. So instead of finding a reason why they would WIN, you just take the easy way out and say they LOSE. Gotcha!

If you say you would have been surprised to see the Broncos come out flat and be just as bad as they were against the Redskins you're either DELUSIONAL or LYING!BS. Why? Just because that's what you did? We already know YOUR line of thinking. Doom/Gloom! Look at my pick 'em, genius! I picked them to win, though a close game. Next....:coffee:

I have no need to "cover my ass." Any more than you do, after predicting Broncos victories for the past month only to see the team get it's asses kicked every week! Who was right about that? Hmmmn? :coffee:

The Giants ARE underachieving. Who would deny it? They have the same personnel that got them the #1 seed in the NFC last year and now they've lost 5 out of their last 6 games.
That's hillarious. All I heard from Bob Papa/Millen, was how THIS set of WR's was better than last year's. And could be the best in some time! Of course, you'd have heard that if you had watched the game. And I listen to Sirius, and Bob Papa has a show on there. He's the NYG voice for their games. He's what you might call "been around the block" awhile with them.

What other adverb would describe them? Their defense isn't playing well and their WRs are sucking. Not an adverb, but how about BEATEN! Beaten by a better team! There's a start.

Do your really think the Broncos are suddenly "great" or something? Nope. Haven't for some time. Guess that's because I'm more grounded than you and your CONSTANT doom/gloom outlook on the team.

If you want to predict 12-4 have the GUTS to say which games you think they will win, like the other posters in this thread! And expect to be called out if you're wildly wrong. I personally don't care. Who said anything about 12-4? LMAO!

I predict which games I think the teams will win or lose. You just spout off your mouth! :coffee:I've yet to see you pick a win, unless it's against the likes of Cleveland. Anyone tough, and you turn to jello.

And by the way, it doesn't take "GUTS" to constantly bash on the team and predict blowout losses. That's the EASIEST thing a 'fan' could do.

silkamilkamonico
11-27-2009, 05:15 PM

About 20 teams expressed an interest in Cutler when he was offered to be traded. About ten teams contacted the Broncos offering MULTIPLE high round picks for him, like the Lions and Rams.

McDaniels decided he wanted a veteran QB, not just draft picks. He watched film of the QBs who might be available and decided he preferred Orton. At that point he consummated the trade with Chicago.

Considering Denver has already exceeded everyone's expectations for wins, McDaniels was right. Oops on your part.

But, here in Denver every arm-chair fan knows much better than these NFL expert GMs and coaches! :coffee:

Oh the irony. Kind of like how Cugel the arm chair fan thought he knew more than McDaniels. Oops on your part....again.

"Cutler wanted to be traded! He's a CRY-BABY! Cry-Baby Cutler's a TRAITOR! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!"

I swear. It's like listening to a bunch of 12 year olds. :coffee:

Isn't that ironic. I]ll go ahead and throw Jay Cutler in that argument. "How dare you think about trading moi? I have a stronger arm than John Elway"

But, obviously you know so much more than them sitting in your arm-chair belching and eating potato chips, since you HATE Cutler for wanting a trade! WAAAAA! :coffee:

Apparently you sure don't.

Care to throw more hilarious failureness towards our way?

rcsodak
11-27-2009, 05:17 PM
According to your wacky and ingenious logic of how the season will end, it looks like that wouldn't have made a difference anyways.

Great argument you got going for yourself here....not.

No, that was BEFORE the 4gm losing streak! Now, he has the right completely change any/all prognostications he might have made earlier.

Though I doubt it was EVER better than 7/8 wins without his boi.

Cugel
11-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. I love to run my mouth.

Well. Where are your game predictions? HMMMN? :coffee:

This is a thread about predictions. I've made mine and I don't mind if I'm wrong. I get to see whether they stand up or not.

What can YOU contribute besides noise? :coffee:

rcsodak
11-27-2009, 05:21 PM
Actually, it IS too much work for me! I can't be bothered. I DO know the tie-breaking procedures, but analyzing all the potential wild card teams is too time consuming.

Why don't you do it yourself if you're that keen or else S T F U? :coffee:

Is that what you're taught in law school? :laugh:

MOtorboat
11-27-2009, 05:22 PM
Well. Where are your game predictions? HMMMN? :coffee:

This is a thread about predictions. I've made mine and I don't mind if I'm wrong. I get to see whether they stand up or not.

What can YOU contribute besides noise? :coffee:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46296

Northman
11-27-2009, 05:25 PM
I love it.

Denver wins.

Convincingly so.

Is anyone really shocked by this idiot anymore? :lol:

Cugel
11-27-2009, 05:26 PM
Considering Denver has already exceeded everyone's expectations for wins, McDaniels was right. Oops on your part.

Actually, you're still WRONG! The argument was whether Cutler was any good, NOT whether McDaniels could coach or not! NFL GMs and coaches thought so and still do.

You were ANGRY because "Cutler's a cry-baby" and "he wanted to be traded" so suddenly he sucks! :coffee:

Oh the irony. Kind of like how Cugel the arm chair fan thought he knew more than McDaniels. Oops on your part....again.

I wasn't the only one now was I? I'm still not. What's your excuse?

Isn't that ironic. I]ll go ahead and throw Jay Cutler in that argument. "How dare you think about trading moi? I have a stronger arm than John Elway"

More "Cutler's a whiner!" B.S. Who cares? Either he's good or not. You didn't think he sucked until he wanted to be traded.

Then suddenly you know he sucks. Brilliant!

And when I point out that NFL GMs and Coaches obviously don't share your opinion and aren't afraid to say it, suddenly it's MY views? :lol:

Yup! I'm the only person who thinks Cutler has a TON of talent and could easily be a top 10 QB for a lot of years in this league. Well, except for Tony Dungee last week.

But, he doesn't count compared with your immense wisdom! :coffee:

NightTrainLayne
11-27-2009, 05:27 PM
Let's see if we can steer this back on topic and away from the personal stuff guys.

Timmy!
11-27-2009, 05:29 PM
Yay! Another Cutler thread!

Cugel
11-27-2009, 05:30 PM
I STILL don't see Rcsodak making any actual game predictions! :lol:

Northman
11-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Either he's good or not.

For the moment, he's not. He has potential but he hasnt proven anything at this point in his career. Right now he has more in common with the Daunte Culpeppers, Vinny Testeverde's, and the Jeff George's than he does with the Mannings, Montanas, Brady's, etc.

MOtorboat
11-27-2009, 05:31 PM
For the moment, he's not. He has potential but he hasnt proven anything at this point in his career. Right now he has more in common with the Daunte Culpeppers, Vinny Testeverde's, and the Jeff George's than he does with the Mannings, Montanas, Brady's, etc.

He's the bestest evah!

Timmy!
11-27-2009, 05:32 PM
You're no fun NTL. :D

rcsodak
11-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Is anyone really shocked by this idiot anymore? :lol:
ME? :confused:

Northman
11-27-2009, 05:35 PM
ME? :confused:

Uh no. I think its pretty obvious.

Cugel
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46296

Those are predictions about the final standings. Let's see some predictions about who will win what games in the division!

The likelihood is that I'll be wrong about some games. That's what happens when you put your predictions about individual games out there.

Well, so what? What's the fun in always playing it safe and making safe predictions?

Somebody might well do better in predicting the game outcomes than me. It might even be you! Let's see some!

NightTrainLayne
You're no fun NTL. :D

I know.

Back to topic. We're only a game behind the Chargers, and if we play the ball we're capable of, we can certainly win 3 of the 5 remaining games and get to 10-6 which usually is good enoug to get into the playoffs.

If we get lucky and the Chargers stumble, we've still got a shot at winning the division. One game is not insurmountable.

rcsodak
11-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Uh no. I think its pretty obvious.

K. Cuz you quoted my post. :D

MOtorboat
11-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Those are predictions about the final standings. Let's see some predictions about who will win what games in the division!

The likelihood is that I'll be wrong about some games. That's what happens when you put your predictions about individual games out there.

Well, so what? What's the fun in always playing it safe and making safe predictions?

Somebody might well do better in predicting the game outcomes than me. It might even be you! Let's see some!

It's in the thread...http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=711273&postcount=57

Kansas City
Oakland
Philadelphia
Kansas City

Man...you're so ballsy...

Northman
11-27-2009, 05:39 PM
I know.

Back to topic. We're only a game behind the Chargers, and if we play the ball we're capable of, we can certainly win 3 of the 5 remaining games and get to 10-6 which usually is good enoug to get into the playoffs.

If we get lucky and the Chargers stumble, we've still got a shot at winning the division. One game is not insurmountable.

No one expected Denver to go 6-0 out the gate either. Anything can happen at this point as proven by this team this year. For all we know they could run the table but i know Cugal would be upset with that as it would ruin his hope of complaining about losing his boy toy.

Timmy!
11-27-2009, 05:40 PM
I know.

10-6 is what I'll say, although I don't think that 11-5 is out of reach. Philly isn't exactly elite.

As far as the Chargers go I think they lose to Cincy and Dallas and finish 11-5. If things play out that way and Denver does get to 11-5, both teams will be 5-1 in the division, and 8-4 in the conference. :shocked:

Northman
K. Cuz you quoted my post. :D

I did it because i was agreeing with your take and there really shouldnt be any surprise with this guy.

rcsodak
And when I point out that NFL GMs and Coaches obviously don't share your opinion and aren't afraid to say it, suddenly it's MY views? :lol:

Yup! I'm the only person who thinks Cutler has a TON of talent and could easily be a top 10 QB for a lot of years in this league. Well, except for Tony Dungee last week.

Funny how I say just the opposite and you blindly disregard it. I can only guess because they differ from your opinion.

silkamilkamonico
11-27-2009, 05:42 PM
Actually, you're still WRONG! The argument was whether Cutler was any good, NOT whether McDaniels could coach or not! NFL GMs and coaches thought so and still do.

Are those the same analysts, like Dungy and Gruden, who said Orton is a very good QB in the NFL, a winner, and Denver will be a good team with him?

"They both won a SuperBowl. I think they know a little more about the game then you do."

You were ANGRY because "Cutler's a cry-baby" and "he wanted to be traded" so suddenly he sucks! :coffee:

Who are you quoting that said Cutler "sucks". Or do you have reading comprehension issues. And he doesn't "suddenly suck" because he wanted to be traded. He "suddenly sucks", apparently, according to you, because he's going to finish this year with yet another non winning season, and he could possibly break a record for most interceptions thrown in the NFL. He might even finish with more int's than TD's.

More "Cutler's a whiner!" B.S. Who cares? Either he's good or not. You didn't think he sucked until he wanted to be traded.

Again. Who said he "sucks". That's as extreme as you saying "Cutler is the best QB in the NFL at the moment".

Then suddenly you know he sucks. Brilliant!

Then suddenly you thinks he's the best QB in the NFL because Gruden says he's good. Brilliant!

I'm glad you're starting to see the light with Orton.

At least Tony Dungy isn't stupid enough to say he's the best QB in the NFL. Swing, and a miss....strike 3 you're out.

Cugel
11-27-2009, 05:49 PM
I know.

Well? What's YOUR prediction then?

Which games do YOU think the Chargers will lose and the Broncos win so they can catch up and win the division? (Presumably finishing with the better division or conference record in order to win the tie-breaker)?

Right now of course Denver has only played 3 division games and are 2-1. If they could pick up 1 game on the Chargers (could happen if I'm wrong and the Chargers start blowing easy games against teams like Cleveland etc.) then they need the tie-breaker.

SD is 4-1 in the division with 1 game to go against KC at home next week. So, 5-1 division record seems reasonable. Denver COULD match that if they win out against both KC and Oak, in which case it's the conference records that will be the next tie-breaker.

They are 5-3 in the conference and play 4 more conference opponents: KC, CLE, CIN, and TENN.

Denver is 5-3 in the Conference and play 4 more: KC (twice), Indy, OAK.

Cugel
11-27-2009, 05:52 PM
At least Tony Dungy isn't stupid enough to say he's the best QB in the NFL. Swing, and a miss....strike 3 you're out.

And I didn't either. So what? :coffee:

rcsodak
11-27-2009, 05:54 PM
I STILL don't see Rcsodak making any actual game predictions! :lol:

Unlike you, I make predictions AS THEY HAPPEN!

WHY?

Because of injuries/weather/psyche, etc.

Did I have them losing to Washington? Hardly!

This team has exceeded my expectations, and I'm thrilled. I'm HAPPY, and am excited about next year already.

Doesn't make you a genius to make half-assed guesses a month in advance.
In your case, though, picking them to almost lose-out doesn't take much of anything else, either. :coffee:

By the way, what's your 'name' on Chicago's board?

silkamilkamonico
11-27-2009, 05:54 PM
And I didn't either. So what? :coffee:

Yea you did. If you're translating "Cutler isn't an elite QB" into "Cutler sucks", then you must translate "Cutler is an elite QB" into "Cutler is the best in the NFL".

So which is it?

Cugel
11-27-2009, 05:58 PM
No one expected Denver to go 6-0 out the gate either. Anything can happen at this point as proven by this team this year. For all we know they could run the table but i know Cugal would be upset with that as it would ruin his hope of complaining about losing his boy toy.

It wasn't ME who hijacked this thread into a Cutler argument! :lol:

I just refuse to be rolled by false arguments by Rcsodak.

Personally, I think the weakest link on the Broncos right now is QB. But, we'll have the next 2 years to argue about Orton. It doesn't have to be HERE. :coffee:

MOtorboat
11-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Personally, I think the weakest link on the Broncos right now is QB.

Your Cutler is showing again.

Cugel
11-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Yea you did. If you're translating "Cutler isn't an elite QB" into "Cutler sucks", then you must translate "Cutler is an elite QB" into "Cutler is the best in the NFL".

So which is it?

NEITHER. If YOU never said "Cutler sucks" because he wanted to be traded and is therefore "a crybaby!" then you're probably the only Cutler hater who didn't. :coffee:

rcsodak
11-27-2009, 06:01 PM
It wasn't ME who hijacked this thread into a Cutler argument! :lol:

I just refuse to be rolled by false arguments by Rcsodak.

Personally, I think the weakest link on the Broncos right now is QB. But, we'll have the next 2 years to argue about Orton. It doesn't have to be HERE. :coffee:

Proof is in the pudding, cugel.

Lay your arguments out there. And, ummm...I never brought up cutler in the 1st place. *wink wink*
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=835636&postcount=13
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=835642&postcount=19

Cugel
11-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Your Cutler is showing again.

Why don't you just wait for a year? At that point Cutler and Orton will have both established who's good and who isn't. Both will either play their way out of a starting job -- or not. :coffee:

NightTrainLayne
11-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Well? What's YOUR prediction then?

Which games do YOU think the Chargers will lose and the Broncos win so they can catch up and win the division? (Presumably finishing with the better division or conference record in order to win the tie-breaker)?

Right now of course Denver has only played 3 division games and are 2-1. If they could pick up 1 game on the Chargers (could happen if I'm wrong and the Chargers start blowing easy games against teams like Cleveland etc.) then they need the tie-breaker.

SD is 4-1 in the division with 1 game to go against KC at home next week. So, 5-1 division record seems reasonable. Denver COULD match that if they win out against both KC and Oak, in which case it's the conference records that will be the next tie-breaker.

They are 5-3 in the conference and play 4 more conference opponents: KC, CLE, CIN, and TENN.

Denver is 5-3 in the Conference and play 4 more: KC (twice), Indy, OAK.

I think that every game left on our schedule is actually winnable, but we're unlikely to go 5-0. I'm not going to get bogged down in predictions. This is the time of year where injuries make a huge difference from one game to the next, and it's just silly to get wrapped up in it.

We're going to surprise a lot of folks by how well we play in Indianapolis. Philly isn't the best team in the league, and we are more than capable of handling KC and Oakland.

We'll see how it shakes out.

Timmy!
11-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Since it's a Cutler thread:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_sIvWMQvGKyA/SVqqMqybPLI/AAAAAAAABxM/X264IvgZk8w/s400/emo+jay+cutler.jpg

silkamilkamonico
11-27-2009, 06:05 PM
NEITHER. If YOU never said "Cutler sucks" because he wanted to be traded and is therefore "a crybaby!" then you're probably the only Cutler hater who didn't. :coffee:

Nobody said Cutler sucks. Now you're just being ridiculous. All that is, is your poor reading comprehension coming through. Again.

Northman
Why don't you just wait for a year? At that point Cutler and Orton will have both established who's good and who isn't. Both will either play their way out of a starting job -- or not. :coffee:

Based on what? You think the Bears or Broncos are going to remove both QB's after just one year? Do you have inside info on that or something? :lol:

MOtorboat

So, now it's "let's wait and see."

Before the season I believe you wanted to fry "McDumbass" for trading your favorite player. Now, it's "let's wait and see."

Classic.

Northman
11-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Nobody said Cutler sucks. Now you're just being ridiculous. All that is, is your poor reading comprehension coming through. Again.

Well evidently, if you point to the fact that Jay has a losing record as a starting Qb, has immaturity issues, and is struggling to improve his mechanics that makes you a hater instead of just calling it what it is. Go figure.

rcsodak
11-27-2009, 06:13 PM
Well evidently, if you point to the fact that Jay has a losing record as a starting Qb, has immaturity issues, and is struggling to improve his mechanics that makes you a hater instead of just calling it what it is. Go figure.

I'm waiting for the 'it's because he doesn't have the weapons now that he did in denver' argument.

To which is replied, 'but their defense was supposedly the reason for Orton's winning record'.

Oh, crap! Gave the answer away! :tsk:

rcsodak
11-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Based on what? You think the Bears or Broncos are going to remove both QB's after just one year? Do you have inside info on that or something? :lol:
Careful, North....

...Chicago's STUCK with cutler for the next ion!

Requiem / The Dagda
11-27-2009, 06:15 PM

You had posted on another forum that due to the nature of events, Cutler was only going to get us a second round draft pick.

Actually, I have never been a huge Cutler fan. I compared him to JP Losman (referencing how he shot up the draft boards and similar poor tendencies) -- but supported him over Plummer, who I didn't like much at all. I'm not mad for Jay wanting a trade, I'm glad he is gone and I said for a long time, when we get the right offer, unleash him. Wasn't worth the turnovers here, hasn't been in Chicago either.

I was just pointing out your contradictory and hypocritical nature.

Northman
11-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Careful, North....

...Chicago's STUCK with cutler for the next ion!

Thats kind of my point. Even if Denver drafts a kid for the future they will still need a Vet to groom him and going by how Orton has played this year i dont see Denver cutting him, trading him, or starting a rookie in his place. Technically, Denver could just add more weapons both on offense and defense for Orton and be even more successful than they have this year. Denver has already surpassed many expectations this year so at this point i dont see either team abandoning their QB's after one season. But, there's no question who has played better between the two of them this year. Its not even close.

T.K.O.
11-27-2009, 07:55 PM
if the giants are under acheiving.......so were the broncos for most of november.
i mean we beat some quality teams and just at the point in the season where we should have been coming together as a team and making our biggest push for our best season in a long while.....the wheels came off.

well the wheels are back on ,and this team just found out that if they play with cohesion and heart they can whip on any team that does'nt match their intensity.
so here's hopin' the broncos bring the "FIRE" for ....oh....say....8-9 more games !:salute:

TXBRONC
11-27-2009, 08:01 PM
Now that the Broncos have managed to beat the underachieving Giants, it's worth looking ahead to the rest of the season:

Broncos 7-4 face:

Dec 06 DEN @ KC (3-7) Probable L (when was the last time the Broncos won at Arrowhead in December? Not this year either).

Record: 9-7 If they can beat Philly on the road it could be 10-6 and a possible wild-card.

The 7-3 Chargers face:

Record: 12-4 division title. Again. Cincinatti is tough defensively, and the Titans at home could be a trap game. But, Chargers will be favored to win both those games. They could win them all.

It doesn't look like the Broncos have much chance to win the division now since the Chargers have a pancake schedule with only Cincy and Dallas as tough games -- and Dallas isn't exactly a world-beater as the Broncos proved in beating them handily.

Their chances of a wild-card would depend on upsetting either KC in KC or Philly in Philly and on other teams not having a better record than 10-6 and not having a better conference record.

The year before last Denver won in K.C.

I wouldn't call the Chargers game against the Bengals a probable win. Their chances are very good considering that game is in San Diego but come on Cugel the Bengals are not pushovers. Also the Titans have been playing better of late so you never know they just might pull off an upset. While the Cowboys may not be world beaters they sure aren't chopped liver either.

jlarsiii
11-27-2009, 08:18 PM
This thread has been interesting so far.

I agree with whoever brought up the injuries. During this time of the season injuries can play a significant role in how teams do. For proof look no further then how we did without Orton. That wasn't pretty.

I really don't want to focus or worry about the Sparklers. It would be nice to catch them for the division crown, but I would be happy to make the playoffs and then have the opportunity to play them for a 3rd time. That would be a lot of fun.

I think all the rest of the games we have are winnable. At the very least we should be competitive. I would love to see us beat Indy if for no other reason then the fact that Indy has owned us as of late and it would be nice to get rid of some of the mentality of inferiority.

All we can do is work on winning the rest of the games on our schedule, then we can see where the chips fall. It would be great to make the playoffs, but personally this team has exceeded my own expectations and I like the direction our club is heading overall. :beer:

broncophan
11-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Then have the guts to predict WHICH ONES!

I posted MY schedule and said WHY I think the teams will win or lose! Let's see yours! :coffee:

No.....you are right.....I don't have the guts......so I won't bother......I mean this IS the all important message board......and I just don't have the guts to post which teams I think will beat the chargers........It scares me to death to think of the consequences if I would be wrong....:rolleyes:

MOtorboat
11-27-2009, 09:04 PM
The year before last Denver won in K.C.

LOL

Fail.

Timmy!
11-27-2009, 09:11 PM
LOL

Fail.

:confused:

Ummm.....

Nov 11, 2007 @KC

Denver 27 KC 11

:welcome:

MOtorboat
11-27-2009, 09:21 PM
:confused:

Ummm.....

Nov 11, 2007 @KC

Denver 27 KC 11

:welcome:

Yeah...Cugel fail...

:noidea:

rcsodak
11-28-2009, 12:37 AM
So let's see by a show of hands, if cugel represented his arguments well enough, or not.

:2thumbs: :2thumbsdown: :whoknows:

I'm going with :2thumbsdown:. I think he showed his true colors with the post I pasted. He doesn't expect them to win, let alone, 2 more games. Honestly, I don't think he can post positively if his life depended on it. lol
Plus, he caved into the cutler argument, when it could have been ignored. I think MO was right....his 'cutler started to show".

bcbronc
11-28-2009, 03:07 AM
there needs to be a one :coffee: per post limit, imo.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-28-2009, 09:12 AM
It's way too early to try to predict playoffs now. The only teams in the AFC that I think are safely in are Indy (unless they just flat out lose the rest of their games which is unlikely), San Diego (even if they drop a few games, having a 1 game lead over teams like us, Pitt, and Jax is huge this time of year), and NE because their division is so inconsistent.

Cincy swept their top division rivals but both teams could get hot and win out (Pitt and Balt) and I just don't think Cincy will. I think they'll win their division, but they still have to play well to get there.

There isn't a team left on the schedule we can't beat, even Indy. If we can pressure Manning it's game over for them. He, Clark and Wayne are their whole offense right now. When we play them I think we should put Champ on Wayne, Law on Clark (big, physical corner), and Goodman on whoever is left (Garcon?). Keep the Safeties deep and blitz everyone else.

So much factors into the playoff picture right now. Fringe teams like Houston, Miami, Baltimore, and Jax could get hot and make a run late (Jax is already there).

All we can do is attempt to win out and hope for the best. There's no way we go 12-4 and don't make the playoffs. If Pitt, Jax, or SD lose this week, we're right back in it. If they all win, we're still on the outside looking in.

I just hope that we aren't one of those teams come week 17 that needs a win and help to get in. I HATE watching your team win and then having to pray someone else loses so you can get into the playoffs. It's times like that when I just sit there and stew about things like losses to Washington.

broncophan
11-28-2009, 09:22 AM
It's way too early to try to predict playoffs now. The only teams in the AFC that I think are safely in are Indy (unless they just flat out lose the rest of their games which is unlikely), San Diego (even if they drop a few games, having a 1 game lead over teams like us, Pitt, and Jax is huge this time of year), and NE because their division is so inconsistent.

Cincy swept their top division rivals but both teams could get hot and win out (Pitt and Balt) and I just don't think Cincy will. I think they'll win their division, but they still have to play well to get there.

There isn't a team left on the schedule we can't beat, even Indy. If we can pressure Manning it's game over for them. He, Clark and Wayne are their whole offense right now. When we play them I think we should put Champ on Wayne, Law on Clark (big, physical corner), and Goodman on whoever is left (Garcon?). Keep the Safeties deep and blitz everyone else.

So much factors into the playoff picture right now. Fringe teams like Houston, Miami, Baltimore, and Jax could get hot and make a run late (Jax is already there).

All we can do is attempt to win out and hope for the best. There's no way we go 12-4 and don't make the playoffs. If Pitt, Jax, or SD lose this week, we're right back in it. If they all win, we're still on the outside looking in.

I just hope that we aren't one of those teams come week 17 that needs a win and help to get in. I HATE watching your team win and then having to pray someone else loses so you can get into the playoffs. It's times like that when I just sit there and stew about things like losses to Washington.

Could not agree more.....(except beating Indy)...that's why I think that loss to the redskins is going to cost us.

Just have a feeling we will be tied with the ravens and/or steelers and be on the outside looking in.

Alot of football to be played though.....hope things workout in our favor.

If only we would play as well as we did against the Giants, EVERY game,then we would not need to worry about it...:D

GO BRONCOS..........

HORSEPOWER 56
11-28-2009, 09:22 AM
So let's see by a show of hands, if cugel represented his arguments well enough, or not.

:2thumbs: :2thumbsdown: :whoknows:

I'm going with :2thumbsdown:. I think he showed his true colors with the post I pasted. He doesn't expect them to win, let alone, 2 more games. Honestly, I don't think he can post positively if his life depended on it. lol
Plus, he caved into the cutler argument, when it could have been ignored. I think MO was right....his 'cutler started to show".

I give it a :whoknows: He's making predictions based on where we are and the way we've played. I don't necessarily disagree with any of his predictions for the last 5 weeks. Unless the Broncos show us they've recovered from the slump with a win next week, too then he's probably going to turn out being correct.

I understand some of his frustration because what we're seeing is the same old Broncos with a new look. Come out hot, go on a late season skid, and have to struggle and hope for help to make the playoffs as we watch SD overtake us. We had a 3 game lead in the division and blew it. This is the time of year that you need to be playing your best football.

The Giants win was huge, but it didn't reestablish us as a "winning playoff caliber team" just yet.

In Cugel's defense on this one, I don't think it has anything to do with Cutler. It has to do with our inconsistency. More than any team this year we've been the model of inconsistency. Beat the Giants so soundly, but can't score more than 3 points vs SD? Look so dominant on defense vs NYG and Brandon Jacobs, but so bad vs the Washington Redskins without Clinton Portis? A tale of two teams here.

The Broncos need to decide now which team they are and establish that type of play consistently.

Medford Bronco
11-28-2009, 09:28 AM
His ability to turn the ball over and lose games fotr the Bears this season certainly bodes well for your argument.

What's your next argument for why he's struggling? "He needs an oline, and some WR's, and then he would be a top QB in the NFL?" So wouild 75% of other NFL QB's.

You fail.....again.

elite Qbs dont throw red zone ints to linemen in the end zone
and have 2 Red Zone picks in the same game and have 19 picks
in 11 games.

overrated and a head case:coffee:

BroncoJoe
11-28-2009, 09:45 AM
We'll beat KC both times and OAK. As far as Philly, that's a winnable game too. They're just too inconsistent this year.

INDY? They could have their division locked up by the time we play them. Because of that, that's could be a possible win there as well. I think we finish 4-1 down the stretch.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-28-2009, 09:46 AM

You fail.....again.

Why did this become a Cutler thread again? But since we're on the subject, c'mon silky, we've all seen what Cutler can do with some decent players around him. He made the probowl last year and we all watched him lead the offense to several victories from behind. He had developed something special with Brandon and Eddie and it was fun to watch. Any arguement you can make for Cutler being successful last year because of his supporting cast, you can make for Kyle this year.

I agree with Cugel that our biggest weakness on offense right now is at QB. It doesn't mean Orton is playing poorly, it just means he is what he is. We're winning more games with him than we're losing so it's fine for now. This is a talented QB class coming out for the draft so it wouldn't surprise me to see us take another, if nothing else to replace Simms. Okay, can we stop talking about our former QB now?

My biggest complaint now is that Eddie Royal has seemed to dissappear this season due to the offense's inability to get him the ball. He's almost been demoted to exclusively STs. Stokely and Gaffney are getting more looks and snaps than Eddie this year. The kid's a playmaker and we've stopped using him.

Just like Hillis. I've been dying to see him get some carries. There was absolutely no reason that once we were up 23-6 in the 4th vs NY that Buck and Moreno should've even been in the game anymore. Hillis should've come in to put the nail in. Instead we risked injury to Knowshon by having him carry the rock late in a game that we had won.

Lonestar
11-28-2009, 11:13 AM
Read about 3 pages and am concern this is mistitled. Should be renamed and perhaps palced in the other teams or smack.

That's said I think myself that it will be hard to catch SAN barring injuries on their team.

IMO the have a ton of talent big strong WR that are a nightmare to defend much like Marshall is. Have a premier RB in HOF tomlinson who is going out in ablaze of glory. Their D has a lot of talent.

But they have NORV.

I never thought prior to the 6 game winning streak we had ANY chance of playoffs.

Beacuse this team is so YOUNG not necessairly in age but in working together as a TEAM and in some cases as 1st through 3rd year players they are going to be all over the place performance wise.

If they play as a team they can be really BAD ASS. If they play seeking STATS they can be bad.

I predicted 5-11 beacuse of the schedule and the complete overhaul with an outside shot at 8-8. And NO hope of a playoff game so frankly folks this is so far totally exceeded my expectations this year.

Let me add that I did not like drafting jay I only wanted DL drafted. A HUGE DT is what we needed. Instaed we got a franchise QB or the dream of many fans. I was one of the first to be critical of his proliclivities of being like jeff george. A coach killer that despite having all the tools, doing it his way instead of learning from his coaches.

I wished that jay would have stayed as I belive under Josh he could be one hell of a QB if he would have been open to coaching.

He is gone so unless he is brought up in a thread. I intend not to add/interject/mention him again in Broncos talk.

I wish him well in Bears country AFTER this season I'd like a 6-15 choice to either trade for more picks in the draft or get a stud for the DL perferring a NT that is a Lean mean 330+ guy that is imoveable and can collapse the pocket someone that commands double to triple teamiing.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

Lonestar
11-28-2009, 11:44 AM
Personally, I think the weakest link on the Broncos right now is QB. Orton.

I happen to think that orton is made for this offense a smart QB that has a lot of options someone that can read the D and see who is going to be open. And once everyone gets on the smae page and we have somemore exprience in it all playing it they will be tough to beat.

The biggest weaknesses I see are LOS players.

While josh has always said he wanted to get bigger, faster and play smarter. I do not think we are big enough on the OL nor at NT.

Hockstien was a great replacement for hamilton who IMO has been the weak link there since we started the pocket passin style when humding came here. That was a disaster IMO because the OLINE was designed for ZBS for running and roll out passing and just was not big enough to keep the D out of the pocket. Or allow for the QB to read the secondary or 3rd or more recievers.

We will get bigger on the OLINE with everyone over 300 and most above 315. Averaging about 320-25. Yet still being able to ZB or pull a guard like NE does.

We also need to upgrade the DL that is a patchwork of backup players currently playing over their heads allow them to rotate in and out spelling our starters and we should not have much drop off.

Those are waht I consider the weakest spots and with time to read those open WR KO will become even better than he is now.

He does not have to have a rocket arm for this offense to win as the past 3 games or so he has proved most doubeters wrong he can throw it deep as well as the big boys do.

Next year should be a fun year to watch as lots of the SAN players will decline or move on to other teams as FA and most likely get a new coach when they choke in the playoffs again.

silkamilkamonico
11-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Why did this become a Cutler thread again? But since we're on the subject, c'mon silky, we've all seen what Cutler can do with some decent players around him. He made the probowl last year and we all watched him lead the offense to several victories from behind. He had developed something special with Brandon and Eddie and it was fun to watch. Any arguement you can make for Cutler being successful last year because of his supporting cast, you can make for Kyle this year.

Let's be real. Last year, Cutler had arguably the best oline in the NFL. He also had arguably the best recieving options (you're not going to find another team that has Marshall/Royal/Stokley/Graham/Scheffler/Hillis, or that kind of talent cumulatively). Yea he was good. So would of about 75% of other NFL Qb's in an offense like that. He also played in a Shanahan made, QB friendly system that masked his inability to read coverages and go through progressions....(Shanahan isn't here anymore).

For the cherry on top, Jay Cutler played in the exact same offense that produced Pro Bowl QB juggernauts such as Jake Plummer and Brian Griese.

Cutler = system QB, and you're seeing that in Chicago. He isn't even as productive as Orton when comparing both QB's in that same offense over in Chicago.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-28-2009, 02:08 PM
Let's be real. Last year, Cutler had arguably the best oline in the NFL. He also had arguably the best recieving options (you're not going to find another team that has Marshall/Royal/Stokley/Graham/Scheffler/Hillis, or that kind of talent cumulatively). Yea he was good. So would of about 75% of other NFL Qb's in an offense like that. He also played in a Shanahan made, QB friendly system that masked his inability to read coverages and go through progressions....(Shanahan isn't here anymore).

For the cherry on top, Jay Cutler played in the exact same offense that produced Pro Bowl QB juggernauts such as Jake Plummer and Brian Griese.

Cutler = system QB, and you're seeing that in Chicago. He isn't even as productive as Orton when comparing both QB's in that same offense over in Chicago.

So, same players that Orton has right? Orton has 12 TDs and 6 ints in 11 games. How many did Cutler have at the same point last year? Shanny's system? Since when was it a pass happy one? It was always run first, establish play action, and then go deep for the kill.

McDaniels' system is spread them out and pass like crazy. Orton actually has games where he attempted 50+ passes this year - those are Texas Tech numbers. The current shotgun spread system pads the hell out of a QB's stats.

The problem with Chicago is that Matt Forte has all but disappeared. Cutler has ZERO running game to go along with his lack of talent at the WR position. has Cutler made bad throws and turned the ball over - a lot - Yes. Has he gotten any help from his RBs or WRs? No. His defense isn't even playing to their potential this year.

Tell me that with last year's defense the Broncos would be 7-4 right now. Tell me that Orton would've gone 8-8 with last year's team. Don't kid yourself, silky. Cutler is a darned good QB.

silkamilkamonico
11-28-2009, 02:31 PM
So, same players that Orton has right? Orton has 12 TDs and 6 ints in 11 games. How many did Cutler have at the same point last year? Shanny's system? Since when was it a pass happy one? It was always run first, establish play action, and then go deep for the kill.

I'm talking Chicago. You can't even compare Denver's offense because it's different schemes. McDaniels doesn't run the same blocking scheme Shanahan did. Would I have faith in Cutler being able to run a scheme that relies on reading coverages and going through progressions, like you need to in McDaniels offense? Hell no. And he's showing he can't do it in Chicago.

Cutler has 15 TD's and 18 int's. He also has a paltry QB rating of 74.5. Last year at this time Orton had 10 TD's, and 4 int's. His rating was also somewhere in the mid 80's.

The problem with Chicago is that Matt Forte has all but disappeared. Cutler has ZERO running game to go along with his lack of talent at the WR position. has Cutler made bad throws and turned the ball over - a lot - Yes. Has he gotten any help from his RBs or WRs? No. His defense isn't even playing to their potential this year.

1)Matt Forte didn't even average 4.0 ypc last year. This year he's averaging 0.6 ypc less. It isn't as significant of a drop off as most people think.

2)You sound like Chicago fans making excuses for Cutler. Did Patriot fans make excuses for Brady when he was throwing the ball to Deion Branch, David Patten/David Givens (who weren't good enough to make another NFL roster)? No. They didn't have too because Brady made every one of his players around him better.

Good QB's make their players better. Cutler hasn't done that. He's struggled along with them.

3)Chicago Bears defense is ranked #13th in the NFL. 13th. What was the saying? Give Cutler an average defense and watch him work wonders? oops...that's proved to be false too. He isn't even a .500 QB at this point with a defense that's slightly better than average.

Tell me that with last year's defense the Broncos would be 7-4 right now. Tell me that Orton would've gone 8-8 with last year's team. Don't kid yourself, silky. Cutler is a darned good QB.

Tell me that Cutler did NOT help contribute to the defensive woes by either throwing int's for TD's, or tunring the ball over on his side of the field. Tell me Cutler does not add to offensive struggles in scoring points by not turning the ball over in the red zone. I dare anyone to make an argument against those 2 facts.

Don't kid yourself. Cutler might be "darn good", but he isn't anything special. He isn't a top 10 QB in the NFL, and with Stafford coming on, he might even be the worst in his own division.

Remember al lthe talk of "Cutler is the best young QB in the NFL? You don't hear that anymore. There are 3-5 QB's alone that are younger, and better than him.

Lonestar
11-28-2009, 02:43 PM
I give it a :whoknows: He's making predictions based on where we are and the way we've played. I don't necessarily disagree with any of his predictions for the last 5 weeks. Unless the Broncos show us they've recovered from the slump with a win next week, too then he's probably going to turn out being correct.

I understand some of his frustration because what we're seeing is the same old Broncos with a new look. Come out hot, go on a late season skid, and have to struggle and hope for help to make the playoffs as we watch SD overtake us. We had a 3 game lead in the division and blew it. This is the time of year that you need to be playing your best football.

The Giants win was huge, but it didn't reestablish us as a "winning playoff caliber team" just yet.

In Cugel's defense on this one, I don't think it has anything to do with Cutler. It has to do with our inconsistency. More than any team this year we've been the model of inconsistency. Beat the Giants so soundly, but can't score more than 3 points vs SD? Look so dominant on defense vs NYG and Brandon Jacobs, but so bad vs the Washington Redskins without Clinton Portis? A tale of two teams here.

The Broncos need to decide now which team they are and establish that type of play consistently.

Good post.

The great team we have seen 7 times this year is one either playing with a lead, getting some breaks while in a close game and one that has a +TO ratio.

The 0-4 team is oone that was going for the personal stats and not staying at home covering their gaps.

This team is very young or very old (DB'S) and moving to new schemes have made it Jeckyl and Hyde. Once they get all the scheme down and start to trust the guy next to them a little more knowing what he is going to do everytime in a given situation will be huge next year. Then it will be one or two rookies breakinh into the starting line up and not 11newbies to the scheme.

TXBRONC
11-28-2009, 07:07 PM

The Chargers are not going to win out. The Bengals and the Cowboys are more than capable of beating them and the Titans and Chiefs have both been playing much better. Their last five games are really no easier than our last four in my honest opinion.

BroncoWave
11-28-2009, 07:09 PM
The Chargers are not going to win out. The Bengals and the Cowboys are more than capable of beating them and the Titans and Chiefs have both been playing much better. Their last five games are really no easier than our last four in my honest opinion.

Even the Redskins have been playing a bit better as of late.

KCL
11-28-2009, 07:17 PM

On the flip side...SD is more than capable of beating the Bengels and the Cowboys.

TXBRONC
11-28-2009, 07:18 PM
Even the Redskins have been playing a bit better as of late.

The Broncos can testify that first hand. That being said I think Denver would have won that game had Orton not gotten hurt.

BroncoWave
11-28-2009, 07:24 PM
The Broncos can testify that first hand. That being said I think Denver would have won that game had Orton not gotten hurt.

They also held a good Cowboys offense to 7 points the week after they beat us.

silkamilkamonico
11-28-2009, 07:56 PM
Here's a scary stat.

Philip River's is 14-1 as a starting QB in the month of december.

I would be shocked if SD somehow dropped 2-3 games the rest of the season.

rcsodak
11-28-2009, 08:04 PM

I dunno, tx.

Half of winning, is timing.

You don't think playing Pitt right now, with NO Troy, with NO Ben, and their 3rd QB is better than when Denver played them?

Right now, KC is playing better. 10gms together in their new system/coach. SD has one more game against them, catching them early on in their rebuilding. Same with Oak. They ARE getting better. They've dumped the MAIN reason for their losses. As long as G'ski completes 50% of his attempts and limits his int's, they WILL be tough. We've all seen their Defense getting better.

Denver plays 3 more games against them. And it's not easy to beat ANYBODY 2x a year unless you're just head/shoulders better.

I'm not about to claim 3 victories against them, at this point. I've seen too many times where the best team DIDN'T win, let alone when there's not much separation involved.

Until Denver is able to SUSTAIN their play, no win is a 'gimme'. Too many times of playing down to the competition.

IF they play like they're capable, I see 11-5. Philly is beatable, and maybe, just maybe, McD can bring some of his Indy-beating presence with him.

jhildebrand
11-28-2009, 08:22 PM
SD always struggles with Tennessee and they will definitely struggle with Chris Johnson. I see that as a probable loss. SD doesn't travel east very well.

I also see them losing to Cinci at home again because Benson can run on them like a track.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-28-2009, 09:05 PM
I dunno, tx.

Half of winning, is timing.

You don't think playing Pitt right now, with NO Troy, with NO Ben, and their 3rd QB is better than when Denver played them?

Right now, KC is playing better. 10gms together in their new system/coach. SD has one more game against them, catching them early on in their rebuilding. Same with Oak. They ARE getting better. They've dumped the MAIN reason for their losses. As long as G'ski completes 50% of his attempts and limits his int's, they WILL be tough. We've all seen their Defense getting better.

Denver plays 3 more games against them. And it's not easy to beat ANYBODY 2x a year unless you're just head/shoulders better.

I'm not about to claim 3 victories against them, at this point. I've seen too many times where the best team DIDN'T win, let alone when there's not much separation involved.

Until Denver is able to SUSTAIN their play, no win is a 'gimme'. Too many times of playing down to the competition.

IF they play like they're capable, I see 11-5. Philly is beatable, and maybe, just maybe, McD can bring some of his Indy-beating presence with him.

I think you just nailed a big plus for us, rc. Pitt is playing without Roethlisberger this week vs Baltimore. I think that gives the ravens a huge advantage. If they lose, we jump into that wildcard spot and end up a game ahead of them for it. Indy also plays Houston. If Indy wins, it helps fend off the Texans from challenging us.

As far as I'm concerned, Indy can win right up until they play us and keep knocking off our competition for the wildcard. hopefully, the Sparklers will somehow drop a couple of games and we'll be back in it for the division.

rcsodak
11-28-2009, 09:17 PM
I think you just nailed a big plus for us, rc. Pitt is playing without Roethlisberger this week vs Baltimore. I think that gives the ravens a huge advantage. If they lose, we jump into that wildcard spot and end up a game ahead of them for it. Indy also plays Houston. If Indy wins, it helps fend off the Texans from challenging us.

As far as I'm concerned, Indy can win right up until they play us and keep knocking off our competition for the wildcard. hopefully, the Sparklers will somehow drop a couple of games and we'll be back in it for the division.

Balti wins this weekend, they're both 6-5 and a game back. And other than when either played Denver, they've not looked great. Hell, Balti can't do much more than kick FG's *sound familiar?*, with their passing game suffering of late.

Haven't looked at either team's remaining schedule, so not sure how they're looking. But right now, Denver is #5 in the playoff picture, for whatever it's worth.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-28-2009, 09:20 PM
I'm talking Chicago. You can't even compare Denver's offense because it's different schemes. McDaniels doesn't run the same blocking scheme Shanahan did. Would I have faith in Cutler being able to run a scheme that relies on reading coverages and going through progressions, like you need to in McDaniels offense? Hell no. And he's showing he can't do it in Chicago.

Cutler has 15 TD's and 18 int's. He also has a paltry QB rating of 74.5. Last year at this time Orton had 10 TD's, and 4 int's. His rating was also somewhere in the mid 80's.

1)Matt Forte didn't even average 4.0 ypc last year. This year he's averaging 0.6 ypc less. It isn't as significant of a drop off as most people think.

2)You sound like Chicago fans making excuses for Cutler. Did Patriot fans make excuses for Brady when he was throwing the ball to Deion Branch, David Patten/David Givens (who weren't good enough to make another NFL roster)? No. They didn't have too because Brady made every one of his players around him better.

Good QB's make their players better. Cutler hasn't done that. He's struggled along with them.

3)Chicago Bears defense is ranked #13th in the NFL. 13th. What was the saying? Give Cutler an average defense and watch him work wonders? oops...that's proved to be false too. He isn't even a .500 QB at this point with a defense that's slightly better than average.

Tell me that Cutler did NOT help contribute to the defensive woes by either throwing int's for TD's, or tunring the ball over on his side of the field. Tell me Cutler does not add to offensive struggles in scoring points by not turning the ball over in the red zone. I dare anyone to make an argument against those 2 facts.

Don't kid yourself. Cutler might be "darn good", but he isn't anything special. He isn't a top 10 QB in the NFL, and with Stafford coming on, he might even be the worst in his own division.

Remember al lthe talk of "Cutler is the best young QB in the NFL? You don't hear that anymore. There are 3-5 QB's alone that are younger, and better than him.

Brother, you and I are never going to agree on this and all we'll continue to do is speak in past stats, present performance, and what ifs. You'd rather have Orton under center for the Broncos, I'd rather have Cutler. Agree to disagree.

Kyle has done better than I expected, but he's pretty much reached his "peak" as far as i'm concerned. If you're pleased with our offensive performance, wonderful. I'm just not.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-28-2009, 09:23 PM
Balti wins this weekend, they're both 6-5 and a game back. And other than when either played Denver, they've not looked great. Hell, Balti can't do much more than kick FG's *sound familiar?*, with their passing game suffering of late.

Haven't looked at either team's remaining schedule, so not sure how they're looking. But right now, Denver is #5 in the playoff picture, for whatever it's worth.

Unfortunately, it's only because we've played this week and all the other AFC playoff hopefuls haven't.

At the start of the Thanksgiving game, it was Indy, NE, SD, and Cincy with Pitt and Jax (both tied with us at 6-4 but with better conference records) holding the wildcard spots.

T.K.O.
11-28-2009, 09:25 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/12/Kool_Aid_Man.jpeg/200px-Kool_Aid_Man.jpegthe way i see it.....we win out and finish 12-4 while the bolts lose 4 of 5 and finish 8-8 !!!!!!

KOOLAID'S HERE.......OH YEAH !:D

silkamilkamonico
11-28-2009, 09:26 PM
Brother, you and I are never going to agree on this and all we'll continue to do is speak in past stats, present performance, and what ifs. You'd rather have Orton under center for the Broncos, I'd rather have Cutler. Agree to disagree.

Kyle has done better than I expected, but he's pretty much reached his "peak" as far as i'm concerned. If you're pleased with our offensive performance, wonderful. I'm just not.

Fair enough.

Just to add though, I am not an Orton "fan". I desperately hope that he isn't going to be the long term solution for Denver. He isn't the kind of QB that you can create a "dynasty" with.

Cutler and Orton are complete opposites. Orton won't make plays, but he won't make stupid throws. Cutler will make plays, and he will make stupid throws. Neither is ideal for an organization that wants to create a dynasty in the mold of the Patriots/Colts/Steelers...etc.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Fair enough.

Just to add though, I am not an Orton "fan". I desperately hope that he isn't going to be the long term solution for Denver. He isn't the kind of QB that you can create a "dynasty" with.

Cutler and Orton are complete opposites. Orton won't make plays, but he won't make stupid throws. Cutler will make plays, and he will make stupid throws. Neither is ideal for an organization that wants to create a dynasty in the mold of the Patriots/Colts/Steelers...etc.

Hard to argue with that. :beer:

T.K.O.
11-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Fair enough.

well said sir.....however i still think neither cutler or orton have reached their potential.
both could surprise people ,with orton obviously being the bigger surprise if he has success as most have already declared him a below avg qb and cutler the next great one !
i think both opinions are off and they will be somewhere in the middle:salute:

WARHORSE
11-28-2009, 09:58 PM
I predicted the Giants would win because Denver had played HORRIBLY for a solid month.

If you say you would have been surprised to see the Broncos come out flat and be just as bad as they were against the Redskins you're either DELUSIONAL or LYING!

What other adverb would describe them? Their defense isn't playing well and their WRs are sucking.

Do your really think the Broncos are suddenly "great" or something?

If you want to predict 12-4 have the GUTS to say which games you think they will win, like the other posters in this thread! And expect to be called out if you're wildly wrong. I personally don't care.

I would deny it.

The BRONCOS are OVERACHIEVING.

Kickin in some GIANT buttholes you might say.:coffee:

rcsodak
11-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Unfortunately, it's only because we've played this week and all the other AFC playoff hopefuls haven't.

At the start of the Thanksgiving game, it was Indy, NE, SD, and Cincy with Pitt and Jax (both tied with us at 6-4 but with better conference records) holding the wildcard spots.

That's why I said:" But right now, Denver is #5 in the playoff picture, for whatever it's worth." ;)

I'm going with a Pitt loss, for reasons laid out. Jax, has played one less conference game, so theoretically, they're ahead of denver, I guess.

WARHORSE
11-28-2009, 10:17 PM
All I gotta say is, who thought KC was gonna beat Pittsburg? Not me.

Who thought Oakland was gonna beat Philly? Not me.

Who thought Washington was gonna beat Denver? Not me.

So............play the schedule out. We determine our own destiny.

We can win out from here.

Or we can lose the rest.

Both are possibilities, though not probabilities.

My prediction? Denver wins em all.:coffee:

Northman
11-28-2009, 11:16 PM
SD always struggles with Tennessee and they will definitely struggle with Chris Johnson. I see that as a probable loss. SD doesn't travel east very well.

I also see them losing to Cinci at home again because Benson can run on them like a track.

Not only that but Tennesse despite their early losses are still capable of getting into the playoff picture. Cincy obviously wants to keep their division lead so they arent just going to lay down for the Bolts.

Shazam!
11-29-2009, 12:02 AM
Not only that but Tennesse despite their early losses are still capable of getting into the playoff picture. Cincy obviously wants to keep their division lead so they arent just going to lay down for the Bolts.

Tenn is a completely different team than they were in week 6. Jeff Fisher proves again he is a great coach for turning that wreck around.

Lonestar
11-29-2009, 03:39 AM
well said sir.....however i still think neither cutler or orton have reached their potential.
both could surprise people ,with orton obviously being the bigger surprise if he has success as most have already declared him a below avg qb and cutler the next great one !
i think both opinions are off and they will be somewhere in the middle:salute:

I find it funny that most everyone has written Orton off as a rental. No long term solution.

For many reasons first was not smart enough. All he can do is dink the ball. He had not thrown a ball more than 12 yards in the opening games. Then he had a couple of turn overs. Then he missed some routes by a few yards. When they did in recent games throw long with marshall catching them, it was BM had to wait on the ball.

There is always some reason why he "can't" be the next long term solution.

I believe if Josh has this much invested in him he will do all possible to groom him to be the Long term guy. So far it seems to me KO has exceeded all expectations considering all the team and some coaches had to learn a new scheme this year.

Every one thinks you have to have a manning, tom or Ben to win big. And while manning and ben were drafted high Tom was an after thought in the draft. Manning made the system in IND. IMHO the systems in NE and PIT made tom and ben into great QB's.

While KO will most likely be a Peyton I think he can be within our scheme at least as good as Ben is. And if not we have brandy to step in the lurch. Afterall the third string QB on this team is the most popular guy on the squad after simms got exposed.

Medford Bronco
11-29-2009, 11:38 AM
On the flip side...SD is more than capable of beating the Bengels and the Cowboys.

KC is capable of winning in SD.

They have in recent years. 2006 maybe when Bowe went off?

Good luck today beat them Bolts if possibe
or at least cova for med;)

rcsodak
11-29-2009, 06:21 PM
KC is capable of winning in SD.

They have in recent years. 2006 maybe when Bowe went off?

Good luck today beat them Bolts if possibe
or at least cova for med;)

LMAO!

I think the OLD KC showed up in SD today.

I loved the backwards pass by Cassell, especially! :tsk:

KC is two different teams. Tough at home. SHIT on the road.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-29-2009, 06:27 PM
LMAO!

Well, with the imminent loss by Jax (down 20-3 in the 4th) that puts us right back in the wildcard spot no matter how the SD/KC game turns out. Most importantly, we still control our own destiny.

KCL
11-29-2009, 07:01 PM
LMAO!

I dunno rc...they did beat Washington on the road...;)

rcsodak
11-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Well, with the imminent loss by Jax (down 20-3 in the 4th) that puts us right back in the wildcard spot no matter how the SD/KC game turns out. Most importantly, we still control our own destiny.

TOLD you denver was in the #5 spot. :tongue:

rcsodak
11-29-2009, 08:37 PM
I dunno rc...they did beat Washington on the road...;)

Back when EVERYBODY was beating Washington like a rag doll? When they didn't know who was calling plays?

C'mon, kc. I told you TIMING is 1/2 the game. Just like the Pitt game. Now look at the easy job Balt will have, with them starting a first time player at QB, and still no Troy.

KCL
11-29-2009, 08:44 PM
Back when EVERYBODY was beating Washington like a rag doll? When they didn't know who was calling plays?

C'mon, kc. I told you TIMING is 1/2 the game. Just like the Pitt game. Now look at the easy job Balt will have, with them starting a first time player at QB, and still no Troy.

oh come now rc...you all lost to the Skins...and the Steelers and we beat them...quit trying to rain on my parade...:lol:

Timmy!
11-29-2009, 08:48 PM
Back to the topic of the thread, after this weekend and the way the Titans are playing, anybody that tells me SD has a easier remaining schedule is kidding themselves.

MOtorboat
11-29-2009, 08:49 PM
Back to the topic of the thread, after this weekend and the way the Titans are playing, anybody that tells me SD has a easier remaining schedule is kidding themselves.

...or hates McDaniels...

Timmy!
11-29-2009, 08:50 PM
...or hates McDaniels...

MO, all we are trying to do is win the mother****ing game!

MOtorboat
11-29-2009, 08:51 PM
MO, all we are trying to do is win the mother****ing game!

I'm going to go cry because we don't have Jay Cutler, is that OK with you?

Timmy!
11-29-2009, 08:52 PM
I'm going to go cry because we don't have Jay Cutler, is that OK with you?

http://www.customauthenticjerseys.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/jay-cutler-pouting.jpg

http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/jaycutler4.jpg

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/1025/chi_a_jcutlervert_288.jpg

Jay agrees with your sadness.

MOtorboat
11-29-2009, 08:54 PM

Broncos 7-4 face:

The 7-3 Chargers face:

So, San Diego wins every game where its a toss up, but we don't?

Your Cutler is showing.

rcsodak
11-29-2009, 08:58 PM
So, San Diego wins every game where its a toss up, but we don't?

Your Cutler is showing.

Hell, by the time SD plays Washington, they might have their hands full.

They keep looking better. Maybe they just needed to get rid of 1/2 of their starting offense to be better?

Timmy!
11-29-2009, 09:01 PM

They keep looking better. Maybe they just needed to get rid of 1/2 of their starting offense to be better?

Redskins gave Philly all they could handle at home today. SD's remaining schedule is a lot harder than Denver's, IMO.

KCL
11-29-2009, 09:01 PM

They've lost 2 in a row..maybe even more...I'm not sure.

KCL
11-29-2009, 09:02 PM
SD is pretty damn good...their OL is very good...they might win the division but that's probably all they'll win.

rcsodak
11-29-2009, 09:04 PM
They've lost 2 in a row..maybe even more...I'm not sure.

But they're playing better offensively, which, at the beginning, was a cussword!

You know....like, back when KC played them. :coffee:

They lost to Dallas by 1, and to Philly by 3.

;)

Timmy!
11-29-2009, 09:04 PM
SD is pretty damn good...their OL is very good...they might win the division but that's probably all they'll win.

I beg to differ. Their OL is beat up and can be exposed if teams have the balls to blitz or a good DL.

Here's a secret, the Chefs really suck. :listen:

KCL
11-29-2009, 09:06 PM
I beg to differ. Their OL is beat up and ca be exposed if teams have the balls to blitz.

Here's a secret, the Chefs really suck. :listen:

If teams have the balls to blitz...lol
Timmy that's no secret.

KCL
11-29-2009, 09:07 PM
Like I said SD is a good team....Phyllis is an accurate passer...and not just against KC.

Timmy!
11-29-2009, 09:09 PM
If teams have the balls to blitz...lol
Timmy that's no secret.

They are missing several starters on OL. If you give Rivers time he will kill you (case and point 7 days ago in Denver.) IMO, the way to stop the Sparklers is contain the run and blitz the bejesus out of Rivers (Den vs SD week 6). The problem with blitzing SD is you leave those huge receivers and Gates in single coverage, so teams are scared shitless to bring it for fear of getting torched deep.

KCL
11-29-2009, 09:12 PM
They are missing several starters on OL. If you give Rivers time he will kill you (case and point 7 days ago in Denver.) IMO, the way to stop the Sparklers is contain the run and blitz the bejesus out of Rivers (Den vs SD week 6). The problem with blitzing SD is you leave those huge receivers and Gates in single coverage, so teams are scared shitless to bring it for fear of getting torched deep.

see post #140..every team has their weaknesses...some more than others (Chiefs) but SD is a good team...they just cannot get themselves to the big game,doesn't make them a bad team though.

Timmy!
11-29-2009, 09:16 PM
see post #140..every team has their weaknesses...some more than others (Chiefs) but SD is a good team...they just cannot get themselves to the big game,doesn't make them a bad team though.

I don't think anybody has called them a bad team :whoknows:

Annoying bitches, yes. Bad team, no.

Shazam!
11-29-2009, 10:42 PM
I don't think anybody has called them a bad team

Bad team, not. But they are not the worldbeaters that ESPN makes them out to be every year. In the Playoffs, they'll be explosed like they are every year.

rcsodak
11-29-2009, 11:28 PM

And for whatever reason, Nolan didn't blitz them last week.

BoltWalt
11-29-2009, 11:59 PM
nah.....I see SD losing at least 2...and maybe 3.Not going to happen, Philip Rivers is 14-0 in the month of December and coach Norv Turner is 9-0 coaching the Chargers in December they are burning hot. The only problem is the also red hot Titans that is the only game I see them having a problem with for the rest of the regular season.

KCL
11-30-2009, 12:04 AM
Not going to happen, Philip Rivers is 14-0 in the month of December and coach Norv Turner is 9-0 coaching the Chargers in December they are burning hot. The only problem is the also red hot Titans that is the only game I see them having a problem with for the rest of the regular season.

Who does SD play besides them?

rcsodak
11-30-2009, 12:07 AM
Not going to happen, Philip Rivers is 14-0 in the month of December and coach Norv Turner is 9-0 coaching the Chargers in December they are burning hot. The only problem is the also red hot Titans that is the only game I see them having a problem with for the rest of the regular season.

Washington is tougher than you think. Good defense, and campbell is starting to 'get it'.

Dallas isn't a gimme by any means. Just depends on which Dallas shows up.

Cincinnatti isn't a gimme by any means. By the time you play them, Benson should be 100%.

I'd say you're ONLY game you can chalk up as a win right now, is Cleveland.

SD is ONLY 1gm up. You might want to pray for no major injuries. Gates is fragile, as is LT.

KCL
11-30-2009, 12:19 AM
rc...I love it when you talk tough..and I guessed you answered my
question.

I think the only one that could give them a loss is Cincy.

JDL
11-30-2009, 01:10 AM

Eh... we WANT Tennessee in the playoff picture because at 10-6 they won't get in unless 2 of Den, Pit and Balt fail to make it to 10wins. They have 6 conference losses and even at 9-7 would likely have 7 conference losses. They can't win the tiebreakers. But, if they got into a 3-way tie they bail us out of losing to both Baltimore and Pittsburgh allowing us to move onto conference record.

It was honestly a bad thing that Pittsburgh lost tonight. If they had won, then you have Jax who has a brutal final stretch (Hou, Mia, Indy, NE) probably loses 2 of those and finishes probably at 9-7. Then you would have a bunch of teams with 6 losses needing a 5 game winning streak to finish the season. That's tough. Now Baltimore needs to go 4-1 against (@GB, DET, CHI, @PIT, @OAK)... well, basically we are rooting BIG TIME for Green Bay next week. Sigh. Pittsburgh is slightly easier than that.

I stand by the fact we need a surprise team (other than Jax to emerge 10-6) and give us a shot to break a 3 way tie.

GEM
11-30-2009, 01:22 AM

They also have the habit of going ice cold once the regular season is over....:shrugs:

BoltWalt
11-30-2009, 04:02 AM

I also see them losing to Cinci at home again because Benson can run on them like a track.The Chargers have problems traveling east because they have problems playing at 10 am in the Morning the Titan game is at night. Cinci has problems traveling west (see their recent loss to raiders) so by your own traveling theory they should lose.

BoltWalt
11-30-2009, 04:28 AM

In week 17 the 'skins will be looking forward to the off season and if the Chargers need the win they will get it.

BoltWalt
11-30-2009, 04:43 AM
Who does SD play besides them?
opponant...........Prediction
12/6 @ Browns W
12/13 @ Cowboys W
12/20 Bengals W
12/25 @ Titans W
1/3 'skins W

I believe the Chargers will win out the remainder of the season and take the 2nd bye in the AFC.

Timmy!
11-30-2009, 04:51 AM
10-6 gets the Broncos into the playoffs, and probably earns them a date at pussville, errrrr, I mean sandy ego in the 1st round.

/thread

Timmy!
11-30-2009, 04:53 AM
12/6 @ Browns W
12/13 @ Cowboys W
12/20 Bengals W
12/25 @ Titans W
1/3 'skins W

I believe the Chargers will win out the remainder of the season and take the 2nd bye in the AFC.

So SD goes 13-3 and wins their last 11 in a row?

:laugh: Reality called, please pick up line 1.

KCL
11-30-2009, 06:49 AM
12/6 @ Browns W
12/13 @ Cowboys W
12/20 Bengals W
12/25 @ Titans W
1/3 'skins W

They very well could beat all these teams..I mean anything is possible but I think SD will have another loss on down the road...just because you all dismantled the Chiefs yesterday don't look too far ahead.Some of the these teams are playing some pretty good football right now.

Nomad
11-30-2009, 07:11 AM
I'm I correct to say on Thurday night, the BRONCOS had all the players on the field from the 1st half of the season except Kern and Jack Williams!! It would be great to see the BRONCOS winout the rest of the season, even spoil Indy's perfect season, but as long as they play games close, competative, with lots of intensity and no more BLOWOUTS, I will be happy with this season even if they don't make the playoffs!!

This game at Arrowhead will be a tough one, hopefully the BRONCOS bring their A game.

BoltWalt
11-30-2009, 07:13 AM
10-6 gets the Broncos into the playoffs, and probably earns them a date at pussville, errrrr, I mean sandy ego in the 1st round.

/threadI doubt that because San Diego will most like have a bye the first round.

CoachChaz
11-30-2009, 08:37 AM
I'll be honest, unless something crazy happens, I can see SD winning out. Cincy and Dallas are the best chances, but Dallas is a very mediocre team. Cincy has a shot if the defense plays well.

broncofaninfla
11-30-2009, 09:07 AM
Dallas, Cinn and Tenn will be good tests for the Bolts BUT with that being said the Bolts are playing solid ball right now. We'll need to run the tables and hope for a loss for any chance at the division and finish with a 10-6 or better record to earn a wild card slot.

TXBRONC
11-30-2009, 09:25 AM
Dallas, Cinn and Tenn will be good tests for the Bolts BUT with that being said the Bolts are playing solid ball right now. We'll need to run the tables and hope for a loss for any chance at the division and finish with a 10-6 or better record to earn a wild card slot.

Yeah the Chargers are capable of beating those three teams but just don't seem them running the table. But on the other hand I think all three of those teams are capable of beating them as well.

Cugel
11-30-2009, 11:39 AM
As I said at the top of this thread BEFORE they beat the Chiefs the trap games for the Chargers are Cincy and Tenn.

I gave them a win over the hapless Chiefs and they won. I still predict Denver will have trouble winning in KC because they ALWAYS lose in KC in December.

I can't remember the last time the Broncos beat the Chiefs at Arrowhead in December. Can you?

As for SD: @Dallas will be hard. Remember Denver beat them at home, not in their stadium. I think Dallas will be favored in that game.

Cincy would probably be a loss if they played there, but in SD it's probably a win.

@TENN is the one game I think they might lose, but it might not matter at all unless Denver can somehow beat the unbeaten Colts -- in Indianapolis where Peyton Manning has a long-time record of crushing the Broncos (in case you forgot).

Lose that game and Denver would be 2 games behind SD and losing the conference record tie-breaker (even if DEN has only 1 division loss and beats the Chiefs and Raiders). So, Denver will probably be eliminated if they lose at Indy and SD beats CLE, DALLAS and the Bengals.

(They'd be 11-3 and Denver would be 9-5 and eliminated from the division title BEFORE the 15th game).

As for the wild-card: if they want to make some noise in the playoffs they're going to have to play a LOT better on the road.

It would be interesting to see them travel to SD for their playoff game. That could happen if the Patriots beat the Saints and go undefeated the rest of the way (could happen).

Fan in Exile
11-30-2009, 01:21 PM
As I said at the top of this thread BEFORE they beat the Chiefs the trap games for the Chargers are Cincy and Tenn.

I gave them a win over the hapless Chiefs and they won. I still predict Denver will have trouble winning in KC because they ALWAYS lose in KC in December.

I can't remember the last time the Broncos beat the Chiefs at Arrowhead in December. Can you?

As for SD: @Dallas will be hard. Remember Denver beat them at home, not in their stadium. I think Dallas will be favored in that game.

Cincy would probably be a loss if they played there, but in SD it's probably a win.

@TENN is the one game I think they might lose, but it might not matter at all unless Denver can somehow beat the unbeaten Colts -- in Indianapolis where Peyton Manning has a long-time record of crushing the Broncos (in case you forgot).

Lose that game and Denver would be 2 games behind SD and losing the conference record tie-breaker (even if DEN has only 1 division loss and beats the Chiefs and Raiders). So, Denver will probably be eliminated if they lose at Indy and SD beats CLE, DALLAS and the Bengals.

(They'd be 11-3 and Denver would be 9-5 and eliminated from the division title BEFORE the 15th game).

As for the wild-card: if they want to make some noise in the playoffs they're going to have to play a LOT better on the road.

It would be interesting to see them travel to SD for their playoff game. That could happen if the Patriots beat the Saints and go undefeated the rest of the way (could happen).

Not to spoil all the panty-twisting fun and all but the last time we beat the Cheifs in Arrowhead in December was 2007, 41-7. The last time that we lost to them was 2005, yep that's right folks it's been four years since we lost to them in December in Arrowhead but don't worry I'm sure the stat is completely meaningful.

Tned
11-30-2009, 08:03 PM

Broncos 7-4 face:

The 7-3 Chargers face:

Broken down another way:

Broncos have three "should win" games (KC x 2 and Oak), one toss up (Phi) and one 'should lose' game in Indy (although after the NYG game, I have a glimmer of hope).

So, we should wind up with 10 or 11 wins.

San Diego has one 'should win' in Cleveland, two games against 'are they as bad as their records' with Was and Ten that could be tougher than we would have thought 4 or 5 games ago, and two toss ups against Cincy and Dallas.

That means that the Chargers could finish anywhere from 9 to 13 wins (both very unlikely). More likely, they will wind up with 10-12 wins, with my money on 11 or 12.

TXBRONC
11-30-2009, 09:43 PM
Broken down another way:

Broncos have three "should win" games (KC x 2 and Oak), one toss up (Phi) and one 'should lose' game in Indy (although after the NYG game, I have a glimmer of hope).

So, we should wind up with 10 or 11 wins.

San Diego has one 'should win' in Cleveland, two games against 'are they as bad as their records' with Was and Ten that could be tougher than we would have thought 4 or 5 games ago, and two toss ups against Cincy and Dallas.

That means that the Chargers could finish anywhere from 9 to 13 wins (both very unlikely). More likely, they will wind up with 10-12 wins, with my money on 11 or 12.

I like our chances for making the playoffs. If Denver can handle it's business against the Chiefs and the Raiders and get a win against the Eagles they will more than likely be in.

Dean
11-30-2009, 09:58 PM
Just be glad that the Chargers have Phyllis Rivers rather than Drew Brees. If they had kept him they could have been bowl bound for the previous two years and for the near future.

rcsodak
11-30-2009, 10:44 PM
The Chargers have problems traveling east because they have problems playing at 10 am in the Morning the Titan game is at night. Cinci has problems traveling west (see their recent loss to raiders) so by your own traveling theory they should lose.
They were also missing their team's MVP, in Benso. Ooops!

rcsodak
11-30-2009, 10:47 PM
In week 17 the 'skins will be looking forward to the off season and if the Chargers need the win they will get it.

Umm, yeah... :rolleyes:

I guess you don't want much NFL then.

MOST teams want to end the season on a roll, playoffs or not!

They're also auditioning for the following season/FA.

They'll have players back, and SD could very well be in a dogfight.

rcsodak
11-30-2009, 10:48 PM

/thread

That, would be SWEEEEEEEEEEET!

CrazyHorse
11-30-2009, 11:22 PM
If we lose to Indy and go 11-5 and SD loses to Cincy and Dallas going 11-5 who gets the Division?

frauschieze
11-30-2009, 11:37 PM
If we lose to Indy and go 11-5 and SD loses to Cincy and Dallas going 11-5 who gets the Division?

We do. After the head to head tie breaker, it goes to games in common. Given the scenario you describe, SD would have a win percentage of 66.6% and we would have a win percentage of 75%.

MOtorboat
11-30-2009, 11:43 PM

No. 1 tie-breaker: head to head...even
No. 2 tie-breaker: divisional record...even
No. 3 tie-breaker: common opponents record...Denver 9-3, San Diego 8-4.

So Denver, if that scenario plays out.

Our wins over Cincy and Dallas, and their losses to Cincy and Dallas, vs. our loss to Washington and their win over Washington would be the difference.

gobroncsnv
11-30-2009, 11:43 PM
That, would be SWEEEEEEEEEEET!

Don't think playoff scheduling allows teams in the same division to meet in the first round. I think they "re-route" the wild card games if that scenario plays out.

MOtorboat
11-30-2009, 11:48 PM
Don't think playoff scheduling allows teams in the same division to meet in the first round. I think they "re-route" the wild card games if that scenario plays out.

Nope. Common miss-perception.

Two years ago the Giants and Eagles played in the wild car round. All based on tiebreaker scenarios and records.

KCL
12-01-2009, 12:08 AM
I doubt that because San Diego will most like have a bye the first round.

And then they'll say bye after the first round.

JDL
12-01-2009, 02:19 AM
I can even explain what a big game this KC game is going to be. Facing KC or Oak at home is not as worrisome as going to Arrowhead. We always struggle with that late in the season.

Things would look A LOT better next week if we had secured that victory. Then facing home games against OAK/KC would not be as overwhelming.

NorthernLights
12-01-2009, 09:47 AM
This breaks it down pretty well. Based upon this analysis, the Broncos have a 25% chance at the 5th seed, 24% chance at the 6th seed, and 31% chance at missing the playoffs.

Interesting.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/afcstandings.html

NightTrainLayne
12-01-2009, 09:57 AM
This breaks it down pretty well. Based upon this analysis, the Broncos have a 25% chance at the 5th seed, 24% chance at the 6th seed, and 31% chance at missing the playoffs.

Interesting.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/afcstandings.html

If my math is right that must mean that we have a 20% chance of winning the division. Wonder why you left that probability out? :D

NorthernLights
12-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Just be glad that the Chargers have Phyllis Rivers rather than Drew Brees. If they had kept him they could have been bowl bound for the previous two years and for the near future.

I know QB ratings are not the best way to judge, but Rivers is currently #4 on the all time list, with Brees at #10. The Bolts inability to get to the Superbowl has not been because of Rivers. As a Bolts fan, I am quite happy with Rivers as the QB.

NorthernLights
12-01-2009, 10:02 AM
If my math is right that must mean that we have a 20% chance of winning the division. Wonder why you left that probability out? :D

Opps, my bad. :beer:

CrazyHorse
12-01-2009, 05:53 PM
I see the Chargers could drop 3 to Dallas, Cincinnati, and Tennessee.