PDA

View Full Version : Giants Game as I saw it

Lonestar
11-27-2009, 03:43 AM
Game as I saw it..

the D looked great and jumped on them at the gitgo....

O looked pretty damned good against a fine Defense..

our RB's kicked some major butt tonight..

the D started playing prevent in the later part of the game.. and did not have the intensity it did in the first half..

Dawkins was simply great glad his neck got better this past week..

Thomas seemed to have a good game also..

stay on course and we might have held them to less points and less than 200 yards all game long..

Moreno looked really good today.. Bucky had flashes..

the OLINE was spot on today..

marshall seems to have learned to play with passion, I suspect they will make him a good offer to stay in DEN, lets hope he does not blow up once he has guaranteed money in the bank..

Orton had another fine game.. let put a rest to calling for Josh to draft a QB in the first round.. he may never be a manning but he was pretty damned good today..

ST well not sure how they could have been better this week.. the punter may not have a huge "net" number but I was impressed especially with that last punt and field by #30 that kids is going to be a player..

there was a complete difference in the team this week and the one that played last weak..

lets hope it is the "good" team for the rest of the season and beyond..

Night guys I was up all night last night cooking will see Y'all after black Friday sales..

gobroncsnv
11-27-2009, 04:08 AM
I'm glad we won, and not usually very negative, maybe it's just me, but it looked like the Giants just didn't come to play. Umenyiora was the only one who showed any fire at all. Their dline just didn't show the pressure that they're know for, especially on the interior.
I'm not meaning to take anything away from our LOS play tonight, but it just looked like the Giants mailed it in. I'll take it, trust me. Just the kind of win we needed, other than perhaps a few more TD's.
Moreno is really showing his potential, not just flashes, but some pretty consistent running, vision, and can finish a run.
Elvis, you're gonna get a great paycheck soon, please stay with us. I don't see another edge rusher wearing blue and orange yet. Ayers did make some appearances tonight, provided some pressure, forced a holding penalty when setting his edge.
I'm glad we won, but I really expected a tougher game out of the Gmen than this. Hope this can turn into a "gulp" Manning sweep this year.

frauschieze
11-27-2009, 04:12 AM
McBath was definitely impressive on special teams tonight. He showed up all over the place.

sneakers
11-27-2009, 04:13 AM
It looked like their was a lot more zone blocking going on tonight than I have seen all year.

bcbronc
11-27-2009, 05:34 AM
I'm happy with the win, which is why this is a good time to say this: McDaniel's red zone play calling is driving me crazy. we run the ball down the field, get to Goal-to-go, and go spread shot-gun draw. we did it three times and I think we ended up losing 5 yards combined.

the only time I remember McD putting a fullback out there and simply trying to power it in was on Moreno's 1 yard TD. and it's been like this all season. It didn't end up mattering tonight, but I wasn't too comfortable with the way we dominated the first half to only be up 6-0 late in the second quarter.

Dean
11-27-2009, 08:08 AM
It looked like their was a lot more zone blocking going on tonight than I have seen all year.

. . . and when we use it we are successful on the ground.

claymore
11-27-2009, 08:38 AM
Moreno looked very good. Marshall is a superstar. Orton looked allot better. Hopefully he continues to improve.

We need to fix the redzone shit. 2-5 is crap especially considering the Giants have the worst redzone defense.

MHCBill
11-27-2009, 08:38 AM
McBath was definitely impressive on special teams tonight. He showed up all over the place.

You mean David Bruton...

HORSEPOWER 56
11-27-2009, 08:40 AM

#30 is David Bruton, not Mcbath. He was an ACE out there.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-27-2009, 08:46 AM
Moreno looked very good. Marshall is a superstar. Orton looked allot better. Hopefully he continues to improve.

We need to fix the redzone shit. 2-5 is crap especially considering the Giants have the worst redzone defense.

Exactly, 3 false start penalties in the red-zone out of 4 plays when you're at home with no real crowd noise is unacceptable.

The offense took a lot of dumb penalties which hurt them, but the worst penalty of the night that wasn't called was the PI by Webster on Marshall in the endzone on that jump ball fade. Webster clearly had hold of Marshall's right arm well before the ball got there and held on to it while Marshall was trying to make the catch. I was extremely surprised that it wasn't called because it was so blatant. Should've been a TD.

claymore
11-27-2009, 08:50 AM
Exactly, 3 false start penalties in the red-zone out of 4 plays when you're at home with no real crowd noise is unacceptable.

The offense took a lot of dumb penalties which hurt them, but the worst penalty of the night that wasn't called was the PI by Webster on Marshall in the endzone on that jump ball fade. Webster clearly had hold of Marshall's right arm well before the ball got there and held on to it while Marshall was trying to make the catch. I was extremely surprised that it wasn't called because it was so blatant. Should've been a TD.

Pretty bad officiating last night IMO. Lotta head scratchers. But Im a homer! Rewatching it looks like Marshall got away with a push off on his first one handed catch. So it works out......

broken12
11-27-2009, 09:56 AM
impressed with the defense....giants are pretty good on offense! they should have won against the chargers and did beat the falcons, but the offense needs to score more td's, our defense is built to play with a lead and our offense kept the giants in the game the first half.. we should have had a 17-0 lead going into half.

broncofaninfla
11-27-2009, 10:39 AM
With exception to the play calling in the red zone and the bone head penalties I'd say it was arguably our best team effort to date.
Great game for Marshall, Moreno, Orton, Prater and the entire D line.

dogfish
11-27-2009, 11:56 AM

they just got lucky, but i'll take it. . . .

SmilinAssasSin27
11-27-2009, 12:00 PM
Good effort. The secondary was clutch and Elvis was in beast mode. The O was solid, but unspectacular. I'll take it.

frauschieze
11-27-2009, 12:35 PM
You mean David Bruton...

That is EXACTLY who I meant. Curse you, alcohol!

Thanks for the correction.

rationalfan
11-27-2009, 12:51 PM
lost underneath the buzz around mcdaniels' F-bomb, is that the coaching staff put together a really solid offensive plan this week.

i thought the idea of running a majority of plays off tackle and stretch runs toward the flats was a brilliant way to neutralize the vertical push of the giants' d-line by making them chase laterally. it tired out the giants' d-line and their backers; which was evident on passing plays.

after a few weeks of pretty pedestrian offensive schemes, mcdaniels (and his staff, no doubt) finally looked the whiz kid we thought he was six weeks ago.

guitarj
11-27-2009, 12:58 PM
Nice game! We have a youth movement on this team, which is why i think we're inconsistant. Thanks to veterans like Dawkins to help pull the team together. Hopefully we play our best football in Dec.

I wouldnt be suprised if we lay a couple more eggs before the end of the season though. I still consider making the playoffs a bounus. I think this team has a bright future and some more stars in the making. Hopefully we can get these 4th year players all contracts!!

rcsodak
11-27-2009, 03:44 PM

You mean Bruton?

Broncos signed fourth-round S David Bruton to a four-year contract, including a $480,000 signing bonus.
One of college football's top gunners over the last few years, Bruton should make an immediate contribution on special teams. He wasn't an elite cover safety at Notre Dame, though, so don't anticipate defensive impact soon.
Source: Denver Post

Dreadnought
11-27-2009, 04:06 PM
With exception to the play calling in the red zone and the bone head penalties I'd say it was arguably our best team effort to date.

Agreed. You can fairly criticize those, and Orton's one terrible throw, and...thats about it. Whe thats as heavy a bunch of criticism you can levy at a team I'm pretty sure you won handily.

Solid effort by all, and a brilliant effort by a good many. Moreno showed more vision than we've seen prior to this. He was noticably better. O-Line was pass protecting and executing run block assignment really well. B-Marsh, Moreno, Dawkins, Doom were the most noticable stars, then throw in good solid games from Scheff, Prater, Bruton,, Bucky, Orton, D.J., and it was a fun game.

We hosted my family for Thanksgiving, and I got to watch the game with my brother. He commented that late in the game "Coughlin looked like an old guy who couldn't remember where he left his car." As it was the first Bronco game he had watched this year he kept wondering how the same team we saw last night could have lost 4 straight by an average of 20 points a game. I had no clue - this looked like the team that beat the Pats, Cowboys, and Chargers

TXBRONC
11-27-2009, 08:15 PM

I agree full heartily Denver looked solid in all three phases of the game.

BigSarge87
11-27-2009, 09:02 PM
I'm happy with the win, which is why this is a good time to say this: McDaniel's red zone play calling is driving me crazy. we run the ball down the field, get to Goal-to-go, and go spread shot-gun draw. we did it three times and I think we ended up losing 5 yards combined.

the only time I remember McD putting a fullback out there and simply trying to power it in was on Moreno's 1 yard TD. and it's been like this all season. It didn't end up mattering tonight, but I wasn't too comfortable with the way we dominated the first half to only be up 6-0 late in the second quarter.

I don't think he has much of a choice. In all of the game so far, even the ones we've won, the O-line has not shown the ability to blow people off the line on short running situations. Running off tackle and throwing short passes is our game. Running up the middle on 1 yard line is not our strength at all.