PDA

View Full Version : Could McDaniels get fined?

MOtorboat
11-27-2009, 01:26 AM
uaSZMBjpP5E

L6qVOIGi6GI

weazel
11-27-2009, 01:29 AM
"it's the NFL network, it doesn't surprise me" ????

okay then... much ado about nothing...

JONtheBRONCO
11-27-2009, 01:31 AM
For what?

aberdien
11-27-2009, 01:31 AM
It would be funny if he does. He shouldn't, but I hope he does so I can laugh at the NFL Network and their sucky coverage and sound quality of games.

MOtorboat
11-27-2009, 01:33 AM
For what?

Being an outspoken coach in the no fun league. Peyton Manning got fined for wearing high-tops...

shank
******* dumb. it's not his fault that NFLN displayed a window into the world of GROWN ******* MEN. dumb. dumb.

MOtorboat
******* dumb. it's not his fault that NFLN displayed a window into the world of GROWN ******* MEN. dumb. dumb.

I think the postgame comments are what might get him, at the very least, a talking to.

The F-Bomb airing is on the league.

rcsodak
11-27-2009, 01:37 AM
Doubt it.

NFLN dropped the ball.

It wasn't even live! They forgot the *bleep*.

M***** F****** idiots! :coffee:

GEM
11-27-2009, 01:41 AM
That's on the NFLN for having a mic on the sideline. Football isn't all rosy, you're taking one of the most physical games in the world where the men have raw emotion. We lost 4 games in a row, I want a coach who isn't afraid to let the guys hear it when they need to.

I like, change that, I love the emotional McD.

MOtorboat
11-27-2009, 01:41 AM
Doubt it.

NFLN dropped the ball.

That's on the NFLN for having a mic on the sideline. Football isn't all rosy, you're taking one of the most physical games in the world where the men have raw emotion. We lost 4 games in a row, I want a coach who isn't afraid to let the guys hear it when they need to.

I like, change that, I love the emotional McD.

Post game comments. Not game comments...post game comments...

Buff
11-27-2009, 01:46 AM
Why would he get fined for his post game comments? All he said was "it doesn't surprise me."

If anyone's going to get fined it will be the NFLN by the FCC for having a worthless production crew... That said, I thought it was awesome that they didn't bleep it... Even if it was a result of incompetence. "All we're trying to do is win the mother****ing game and you false start three straight ******* times." Amen coach.

GEM
11-27-2009, 01:49 AM
And to add....if that is the best effort on the part of NFLN for putting a broadcast together, they just need to stick with selling the tv rights and let the pros handle it. More than once, the camera angles were horrible, couple times were they are showing the cords running along the ground. Just bad all around.

MOtorboat
11-27-2009, 01:50 AM
Why would he get fined for his post game comments? All he said was "it doesn't surprise me."

If anyone's going to get fined it will be the NFLN by the FCC for having a worthless production crew... That said, I thought it was awesome that they didn't bleep it... Even if it was a result of incompetence. "All we're trying to do is win the mother****ing game and you false start three straight ******* times." Amen coach.

I doubt it. They are a cable network.

Can a mod please change the title of this thread to "Could McDaniels get fined?" TIA.

And for your viewing entertainment, I also found this guy:

t45K0ALI43o

GEM
11-27-2009, 01:52 AM

Can a mod please change the title of this thread to "Could McDaniels get fined?" TIA.

t45K0ALI43o

Done. :salute:

aberdien
11-27-2009, 01:53 AM
I love his 'child holding in laughter' face after he says "i'm not surprised."

BroncoAV06
11-27-2009, 02:36 AM
I surprisingly don't mind Bob and Matt. Better then a lot out there. Camera shots needs some work.

I for one found it awesome. That's what happens, players get torn apart on the sidelines. I do wonder how the older vets take it when the coach is younger then they are? So far I have liked the emotion from McD and hope he can build a solid team for years to come.

Overtime
11-27-2009, 02:44 AM
it's not McDaniels' fault he was getting his team motivated. he was just doing his job. the camera guys should know theres a chance that cusswords will be used when they get close to a coach speaking to his team.

If he does, it'll be a travesty, because it's not like he was at his post-game press conference, saying the "mother effin officials were calling bs penalties".

he wasn't using profanity at anyone directly, he was getting his guys in line and said "we're trying to win a mother effin football game."

if anyone gets fined it should be the network for not using a 7 second delay.

MOtorboat
11-27-2009, 02:46 AM
it's not McDaniels' fault he was getting his team motivated. he was just doing his job. the camera guys should know theres a chance that cusswords will be used when they get close to a coach speaking to his team.

If he does, it'll be a travesty, because it's not like he was at his post-game press conference, saying the "mother effin officials were calling bs penalties".

he wasn't using profanity at anyone directly, he was getting his guys in line and said "we're trying to win a mother effin football game."

if anyone gets fined it should be the network for not using a 7 second delay.

Good lord, how many times do I have to write it?

I am not suggesting he will be fined for what he did on the sidelines.

I am suggesting that he might be fined for his post-game comments.

MOtorboat
11-27-2009, 02:48 AM
I am basically asking the question is criticizing the NFL Network akin to criticizing officials?

I'm just curious as to how the NFL proceeds with the criticism of their own network. Nothing more, nothing less.

GEM
11-27-2009, 03:09 AM
Good lord, how many times do I have to write it?

I am not suggesting he will be fined for what he did on the sidelines.

I am suggesting that he might be fined for his post-game comments.

YOU posted both videos and asked if he would be fined. People are reacting to the initial post which included the sideline video. Good lord, if you didn't want reactions on that video, you shouldn't have posted it. :rolleyes:

Lonestar
11-27-2009, 03:09 AM
I am basically asking the question is criticizing the NFL Network akin to criticizing officials?

I'm just curious as to how the NFL proceeds with the criticism of their own network. Nothing more, nothing less.

it should not be.. all he said was it does not surprise me..

as for the sideline tirade had to do a replay on tivo for that one as I did not catch it all the first time.. glad my wife was not watching at the time.. she would have been going for the soap dish..

IMO they should have not been filming that portion and since he was not mic'd up, it was not meant for the world to hear jsut his players I can't fathom a fine.. had he went on live TV doing intereview like after teh first half on the way to teh dressing room and said it then I suspect they would be talking to Roger at half time instead of his players..

*Atwater*
11-27-2009, 03:24 AM
And to add....if that is the best effort on the part of NFLN for putting a broadcast together, they just need to stick with selling the tv rights and let the pros handle it. More than once, the camera angles were horrible, couple times were they are showing the cords running along the ground. Just bad all around.

Hell give me a camera, and a bottle of tequila and I would still do a better job s*** faced then they do sober.

:laugh:

broncophan
11-27-2009, 06:38 AM
the nfl network apologized to its viewers....but am I the only one who thinks the NFL network should apologize to McD????.....

Northman
11-27-2009, 06:45 AM
Doubt it.

NFLN dropped the ball.

This. A coach is out there doing his job and the network has the ability to bleep those out which they failed to do.

Bronco Bible
11-27-2009, 07:29 AM

When it is a Thanksgiving day game would you want your "A" team doing the game?

skycoyote
11-27-2009, 08:02 AM
So what if he does. The police fine people for anything these days. Its called revenue collection.

Tned
11-27-2009, 09:17 AM
I think the postgame comments are what might get him, at the very least, a talking to.

The F-Bomb airing is on the league.

Since the commish takes the approach that anything that makes the league look bad is worth a fine or suspension, they could fine him, even though it is the networks fault. If they do, I think it will be a crock, because my guess is that every game head or assistant coaches are cursing on the sideline.

If they fine him, they should also introduce a rule that no cursing is allowed on the sideline, because it 'could' get picked up by a camera. It wouldn't be right to fine him for something that is allowed to happen.

On the post game comments. I only heard the part of the post game news conference aired on NFLN and then I switched to ESPN news when NFLN, cut away. He seemed initially surprised at what they were actually saying, but his comment about not being surprised, since it was the NFL Network might irritated the commish.

Tned
11-27-2009, 09:19 AM
the nfl network apologized to its viewers....but am I the only one who thinks the NFL network should apologize to McD????.....

I think you are dead on. They do owe him an appology. It's one thing to film what goes on, but in the heat of the game, they shouldn't be airing what is said live. If they had the mic hot, they should have filmed it, gone to the commercial, then bleeped it or aired it without sound after the commercial break.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-27-2009, 09:24 AM
Since the commish takes the approach that anything that makes the league look bad is worth a fine or suspension, they could fine him, even though it is the networks fault. If they do, I think it will be a crock, because my guess is that every game head or assistant coaches are cursing on the sideline.

If they fine him, they should also introduce a rule that no cursing is allowed on the sideline, because it 'could' get picked up by a camera. It wouldn't be right to fine him for something that is allowed to happen.

On the post game comments. I only heard the part of the post game news conference aired on NFLN and then I switched to ESPN news when NFLN, cut away. He seemed initially surprised at what they were actually saying, but his comment about not being surprised, since it was the NFL Network might irritated the commish.

I doubt they'll fine him. They didn't fine him for trash talking the Sparklers, this wasn't even his doing, it was an ass chewing with his team that they got too close to. They might beat him up a little for the post game comments and he probably won't be doing his "All I want is NFL Network" commercials anymore. They probably will avoid doing interviews with him, too. Well, unless they use it to try to get a story. In that case they might have him on Total Access later this week to talk to him about it. :D

BroncoWave
11-27-2009, 09:29 AM

They did apologize to him on the air in the postgame show last night.

threefolddead
11-27-2009, 11:46 AM
Frankly I'm just suprised that anyone in the NFL cusses! I mean really don't all the coaches have high pitched nasally voices and say "alright come on guys you are just really really disappointing me and I just don't know if I can bear it now everyone get in here and give me a hug and go out there and kick some behinds".... Really... there is absolutely no basis to fine him on considering its the BRONCOS side line. Now coaches have to censor what they say when they are on the sideline? Give me a break. If the NFL fines they make a huuuge mistake.

rcsodak
11-27-2009, 03:07 PM

And their commercials bite ASS!

The same fricking one over ...and over....and over....and over...

Like I want to spend my time watching how players live.. GMAMFB!

And talk about momentum killers! What's with all the TV commercials? I'm surprised EITHER team could move the ball.

I hope they start getting their shit together.

rcsodak
11-27-2009, 03:10 PM

t45K0ALI43o

I just broke my laptop. Thanks, Mo. :tsk:

rcsodak
11-27-2009, 03:13 PM
They did. In the same announcement.

rcsodak
11-27-2009, 03:21 PM
The network said they caught the 'action'. The cut went to the 'van' to get processed, and then came back to be viewed. For SOME reason, the 'language' was not bleeped out. Somebody in the 'van', is gonna lose their job, methinks.

jhildebrand
11-27-2009, 04:03 PM
If they came to fine him he could always claim he said:

"All we're trying to do is win a MOTHER FORKING game here!"

Seems pretty subjective to me :lol:

honz
11-27-2009, 06:28 PM
My sources are telling me that McD will be fined a hefty sum for being ******* awesome. Situation is fluid.

Tned
11-27-2009, 06:49 PM
The network said they caught the 'action'. The cut went to the 'van' to get processed, and then came back to be viewed. For SOME reason, the 'language' was not bleeped out. Somebody in the 'van', is gonna lose their job, methinks.

If that wasn't a live shot, that's really a big screwup.

Timmy!
11-27-2009, 07:57 PM
If that wasn't a live shot, that's really a big screwup.

It wasn't live.

TXBRONC
11-27-2009, 08:04 PM
I don't see how they could fine him for that.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-27-2009, 08:15 PM
http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/josh.mcdaniels.broncos.2.1337168.html

The NFL Network is apologizing to viewers of the Denver Broncos-New York Giants game.

The network accidentally aired clip of coach Josh McDaniels cursing at his players after they committed three false starts in the red zone. The network's executive producer says the broadcast was operating on a delay and McDaniels' language should have been caught and bleeped out.

McDaniels is an emotional coach who has stocked his roster with passionate players, and that was on full display Thanksgiving night as the Giants got their fifth loss in six games.

When asked about McDaniels' choice of words, tight end Tony Scheffler retorted "No -- not our coach!" in mock surprise.

frauschieze
11-27-2009, 09:36 PM
When asked about McDaniels' choice of words, tight end Tony Scheffler retorted "No -- not our coach!" in mock surprise.

:laugh:

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
11-27-2009, 10:37 PM
Please tell me this isn't really causing a stir?

Put a mic on any fussball manager if you want to hear the f bomb. I'd be disappointed not to hear him get over excited in a situation like that.

You can all slag off NFL Network coverage all you want though you will not beat this beauty.

UHnDM4rFr1M

This is just after a break that had been taken to disfuse the situation. The first thing Sky Sports do after the break is repeat it and bleep out "disgrace" instead of "*******" :laugh: Then the host then acts all shocked and says the player cant act like that, which is true but by this time the player was in the dressing room crying his eyes out. Probably :elefant:.

Chris90210
11-27-2009, 10:53 PM
yea they should just run a mic across the stands

Denver Native (Carol)
11-27-2009, 11:00 PM
Coach McD was not mic'd up

Superchop 7
11-27-2009, 11:21 PM
Still doesn't match what "I" was saying at the time.

just sayin

MOtorboat
11-27-2009, 11:23 PM
Still doesn't match what "I" was saying at the time.

just sayin

Well, we already know you hate McDaniels, so...I'm pretty sure you were whining and bitching.

BCJ
11-28-2009, 02:37 AM
It would be funny if he does. He shouldn't, but I hope he does so I can laugh at the NFL Network and their sucky coverage and sound quality of games.

NFL owns NFL network (I do believe). They have horrible personnel running the production on a live game and screw up on a f bomb, then fine the coach for using profanity where it would never have been heard by the public if the NFL Network did their job and come next week NFL fines McDaniels for cursing. NFL screws up but make money on Josh. Nice way of doing business. I hope it doesnt go down like this!

BroncoBJ
11-28-2009, 05:13 AM
:lol: Some people act like this thread is rocket science. I understood it after the 1st post. But Obviously he won't get fined for cussing. Since all coaches do that. :lol: The guy in charge of the editing should be fined. lol. Either way, it made for good comedy. I didn't even see it til I got home and everyone kept texting me asking if I heard it and stuff.

But to answer the real question. I like how he took that lil jab at NFL Network. Not sure if he'll get fined though. Its not like he bashed the Refs or something. But who knows. Rodger Goodell might need some extra money so maybe he'll fine him.

Either way, Doubt he cares. Money is no object to him. :lol: But Gotta love McDaniels. On paper, we should win 10 games at least. Hoping we don't slump in KC like we usually do.

But eh, we've already exceeded expectations from the critics. But whats a critic? Theres not a hall of fame for critics or a statue of a critic.

BroncoJoe
11-28-2009, 08:57 AM

No.

FanInAZ
11-28-2009, 05:41 PM
An NFL coach cussing out his players on the sideline :eek: I'm so shocked :eek: I thought that all NFL coaches and players conduct themselves like their in church!

Seriously, the producers of the NFLN need to confer with the producers of NFL Films. They might noticed that whenever NFL Films is showing footage of NFL coaches during the heat of the game, the bleeper get used a lot. Therefore, if your going to have camera operators run over to were someone is yelling at someone, then you better make sure you delay putting it on the air before letting you censors bleep out the stuff that you don't want to broadcast.

Peerless
11-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Fined? Nah.

If anything, he'll earn more money. I'm sure the footage of him and his epic 'speech' to whip the Broncos offense together will be played with and toy'd with in some ways...