PDA

View Full Version : Pay These Men: Elvis and Brandon

Requiem / The Dagda
11-27-2009, 12:33 AM
It is apparent that the Broncos would be plumb nuts to not attempt to assign these guys long term. Awesome dudes. Yeehaw. Broncos dudes!

GEM
11-27-2009, 01:03 AM
Abso-freakin-lutely!!

rcsodak
11-27-2009, 01:05 AM
You forgot Orton & Sheff, dream!

Dman444
11-27-2009, 01:20 AM
I just have a gut feeling we're not going to get it done, especially Marshall.

dogfish
11-27-2009, 01:25 AM
It is apparent that the Broncos would be plumb nuts to not attempt to assign these guys long term. Awesome dudes. Yeehaw. Broncos dudes!

no shit. . . .

weazel
11-27-2009, 01:31 AM
I was going to start the same thread... LOL

rcsodak
11-27-2009, 01:39 AM
I just have a gut feeling we're not going to get it done, especially Marshall.

Why?

He loves McD! You see him run half ways up the field after that 1-handed leaping catch?

:tsk:

ye of no faith.

Lonestar
11-27-2009, 04:19 AM
If marshall wants to much since he is a RFA place a high tender on him pay him the 3.5 or so his contarct would call for and allow him to go for a first and a third OR match what they give him and keep him.

While he is a beast I'm not so sure his off field issues and for that matter the while on duty issuses are OVER.

We can't afford to give him 60 mil to have him suspended or in jail.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

Northman
11-27-2009, 06:38 AM
No question.

Dirk
11-27-2009, 06:44 AM
I agree. Give them a new contract!

Doom is playing great in this new scheme.

BMarsh is well....BMarsh. If he can keep his nose clean, he's worth the dough!

broncophan
11-27-2009, 06:52 AM
I agree.....and if we don't sign Marshall...........I can see him going to the raiders (or another division team) and haunting us forever.

Dreadnought
11-27-2009, 07:26 AM
Brilliant game from both. Pay them

HORSEPOWER 56
11-27-2009, 09:27 AM
I thought it was great that after Marshall's spectacular catch, he ran over to the sidelines just to give McD a little love. ;)

Tned
11-27-2009, 09:28 AM
While nobody can (or should) doubt his talent being one of the few players in NFL history to record back to back 100 reception seasons, those two one handed catches (one while being quasi-face masked) will add at least a few million to his contract.

He is simply one of the most talented WR in the NFL, and he put on a show in a primetime game that the Broncos had to win.

I am really hoping the league and union don't get a CBA in place, so that Marshall and Doom (and possibly Orton, Kuper and some others) are all RFA's. If somehow they get a CBA in place and next year is a capped year (assuming the union doesn't agree to tread RFA's like it was an uncapped year, which has been leaked), then the Broncos are screwed, with too many UFA's that would need to be signed.

Tned
11-27-2009, 09:30 AM
I thought it was great that after Marshall's spectacular catch, he ran over to the sidelines just to give McD a little love. ;)

I'm guessing what the mic didn't pick up was, "Joshie.... Show me the money!!!"

LRtagger
11-27-2009, 10:02 AM
I suspect just before that first one-handed catch, Marshall told coach "just throw the ball and I will catch it"...then he made that catch and had to run to coach to say I told you so.

broncophan
11-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Not sure how it works.....but do you think McD and Marshall have talked(since his suspension at the end of preseason) one on one about a future contract??

rcsodak
11-27-2009, 02:48 PM
If marshall wants to much since he is a RFA place a high tender on him pay him the 3.5 or so his contarct would call for and allow him to go for a first and a third OR match what they give him and keep him.

While he is a beast I'm not so sure his off field issues and for that matter the while on duty issuses are OVER.

We can't afford to give him 60 mil to have him suspended or in jail.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

At some point in time, we need to 'let go' of his past.

Believe he's moved on with his life, and matured. Maybe he's finally been surrounded by the right kind of people.

The important thing, is only Welker and Fitzgerald have more receptions than he does over the last 3yrs. That puts him in some elite company.