PDA

View Full Version : The Sit Knowshon Thread

WARHORSE
11-25-2009, 05:29 AM
Sure, you remember me calling for his head early on. Especially for the fumbling.

But I must say, that I was VERY encouraged to see Knowshons running this past week. Why we abandoned the run.......I have no idea.

What I was encouraged about, was the way he was running. Anyone notice? His stretch runs for the most part were excellent. He didnt bore into the line going all out trying to find the hole along the way.

He looked alot more like Buckhalter early in the runs........but with better acceleration through the holes.

He was about seventy five percent fourth gear when he got the ball, then when the line showed him the hole, he downshifted and ripped it upgut.

I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders when I saw him running.
The kid is growing. Learning.

And while I dont like the fumble at the goaline, I did like him shoving Brandon on the side for gettin in his grill a little too intimately.

I say sit Knowshon.

In the starters position.

In line with that thought, why did we ever throw a pass when we were getting 6-8 yards a pop? Why even have Simms pass if we're getting first downs running the ball over and over and over?

We averaged 8 yards per carry on Knowshons shoulders, and we only ran it 10 times through him? I dont care what the score is. Run out of bounds. But dont abandon the run when the score is only 13 to 3.

SoCalImport
11-25-2009, 07:31 AM
Why we abandoned the run.......I have no idea.

In line with that thought, why did we ever throw a pass when we were getting 6-8 yards a pop? Why even have Simms pass if we're getting first downs running the ball over and over and over?

We averaged 8 yards per carry on Knowshons shoulders, and we only ran it 10 times through him? I dont care what the score is. Run out of bounds. But dont abandon the run when the score is only 13 to 3.

My thoughts exactly.
Look at our first possesion. Right up till simms was asked to pass. We could've probably run the ball 60 times via RBBC and won.

CoachChaz
11-25-2009, 09:13 AM
Give Knowshon the ball 20 times a game and watch him get 100 yards, develop a rhythm and find a cure for the fumbles. 10-12 carries a game?

slim
11-25-2009, 09:48 AM
He still looks pretty average to me...which is OK, as long as he stops fumbling the damn ball.

LRtagger
11-25-2009, 09:50 AM
I know everyone likes to discredit him for his fumbles, but when you look at the league as a whole, he is about average in fumbles...which isn't necessarily a huge concern for a rookie. He has a lot of potential and I think a lot of people have seen how much he has improved since early in the season. He could really be dominant next year.

The problem has been that his fumbles have cost us games. Not necessarily completely his fault. This offense needs to play mistake free to give us a chance to win. This is not the type of offense that can overcome a redzone fumble (much less two). This has been the biggest hit to this team since the bye. I know people are looking at points and yardage stats on the defensive side of the ball...but if we create the amount of turnovers we did early on, the defense isnt giving up the same amount of points or yards. And if the offense isnt giving the ball away so much, the defense isn't giving up as many points or yards.

With that said, Knowshon needs to worry less about scoring TDs and worry more about hanging onto the ball. I think next year we will see a completely different player.

claymore
11-25-2009, 02:10 PM
Love Knowshon.

CrazyHorse
11-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Love Knowshon.

Well if clay loves him he'll probably get traded.

claymore
11-25-2009, 02:25 PM
Well if clay loves him he'll probably get traded.

Not buying his jersey until he makes it to the HOF!

Medford Bronco
11-25-2009, 02:27 PM
Give Knowshon the ball 20 times a game and watch him get 100 yards, develop a rhythm and find a cure for the fumbles. 10-12 carries a game?

Ask Tiki for advice:D

claymore
11-25-2009, 02:28 PM
Ask Tiki for advice:D

Exactly the player that comes to mind when the Fumble stuff comes up with KNowshon.

weazel
11-25-2009, 02:29 PM

Just received my Jack Williams jersey!!

weazel
11-25-2009, 02:35 PM
I know everyone likes to discredit him for his fumbles, but when you look at the league as a whole, he is about average in fumbles...which isn't necessarily a huge concern for a rookie. He has a lot of potential and I think a lot of people have seen how much he has improved since early in the season. He could really be dominant next year.

The problem has been that his fumbles have cost us games. Not necessarily completely his fault. This offense needs to play mistake free to give us a chance to win. This is not the type of offense that can overcome a redzone fumble (much less two). This has been the biggest hit to this team since the bye. I know people are looking at points and yardage stats on the defensive side of the ball...but if we create the amount of turnovers we did early on, the defense isnt giving up the same amount of points or yards. And if the offense isnt giving the ball away so much, the defense isn't giving up as many points or yards.

With that said, Knowshon needs to worry less about scoring TDs and worry more about hanging onto the ball. I think next year we will see a completely different player.

yup, his fumble cost us the SD game. Nothing else in that game mattered except that fumble. If only he would have held on, the score would have been much different than 32-3

Buff
11-25-2009, 02:47 PM
Just received my Jack Williams jersey!!

Nice, I'm asking for a Brandon Lloyd jersey for Christmas.

JDL
11-25-2009, 03:28 PM
Knowshon was my favorite RB in college during his years.... (btw Mark Ingram is going to be an absolute stud!)

Knowshon was in no way the best runner in that draft, probably 3rd. What he did best in college was being versatile. The guy can flat out catch the ball and do damage (with his juke moves on DBs) against second level defenders. So far, we've given him a MEAGER 14rec and we RARELY include him in the passing attack. Probably the reason some people feel he has been unspectacular is he is being vastly underused for what he can offer to the offense. He is similar to LT imo... who was never as great a runner as people made him out to be (still very good), but the things that make him dangerous are the things that make Moreno dangerous, he seems like he could be an excellent rusher in the red zone, doesn't get negative yards and is a real threat in the passing game.... that is IF you actually include him in the passing attack. sigh. Where are all the screens that the Pats are noted for?

getlynched47
11-25-2009, 04:34 PM
I don't understand why anybody would be foolish enough to say "Bench Knowshon"

What reason is there to bench Knowshon Moreno? After he's getting him game going the past few weeks?!?!

Start who in his place? Correll Buckhalter has 3 fumbles in half the amount of carries that Knowshon Moreno has 4 fumbles.

Is that who you want to start?!?!

Lamont Freakin Jordan?

Get that shit outta here...

this goes out to any ignorant poster that is bashing Knowshon with the "he's fumble-prone" or "he sucks" or "he's a bust" bullshit.

Iron Horse72
11-25-2009, 04:51 PM
Why even buy a players jersey anymore just a waste of coin IMO.

The Glue Factory
11-25-2009, 06:26 PM
I can't tell if you're really being sarcastic.

Do you really want to bench Knowshon Moreno? After he's getting him game going the past few weeks?!?!

Start who in his place? Correll Buckhalter has 3 fumbles in half the amount of carries that Knowshon Moreno has 4 fumbles.

Is that who you want to start?!?!

Lamont Freakin Jordan?

Get that shit outta here...

And if the OP is being sarcastic about benching Knowshon, then this goes out to the rest of the ignorant posters in this thread that are bashing Knowshon with the "he's fumble-prone" or "he sucks" or "he's a bust" bullshit.

Reading the post carefully shows the OP wants Knowshon to be the starter. :rolleyes:

LRtagger
11-25-2009, 07:40 PM
yup, his fumble cost us the SD game. Nothing else in that game mattered except that fumble. If only he would have held on, the score would have been much different than 32-3

Thats not what I said...but going into the half only down 13-7 on a high having Orton come in and drive down for a TD brings a completely different morale into the locker room than being down 13-0 coming off a second redzone fumble and an INT.

Not to mention we dont try that onside kick because the score would have been 13-10 after the FG, not 13-3.

Peerless
11-25-2009, 08:46 PM
Shiiiiiiiit....

weazel
11-26-2009, 01:11 PM
Thats not what I said...but going into the half only down 13-7 on a high having Orton come in and drive down for a TD brings a completely different morale into the locker room than being down 13-0 coming off a second redzone fumble and an INT.

Not to mention we dont try that onside kick because the score would have been 13-10 after the FG, not 13-3.

I agree with you LRT, I was just poking fun...

Requiem / The Dagda
11-26-2009, 02:00 PM
Knowshon Moreno will end up being a better back than Terrell Davis ever was. He might never win the Super Bowls, but then he probably will never play for a team that circumvented and cheated the Salary Cap during those years. People need to stop doggin' on Moreno. If he was able to be put in rythym and get 20 carries a game, he'd have a lot more yards. He isn't Chris Johnson, but he damn well could be given the proper ethic, drive and effort.

weazel
11-26-2009, 02:11 PM
Knowshon Moreno will end up being a better back than Terrell Davis ever was. He might never win the Super Bowls, but then he probably will never play for a team that circumvented and cheated the Salary Cap during those years. People need to stop doggin' on Moreno. If he was able to be put in rythym and get 20 carries a game, he'd have a lot more yards. He isn't Chris Johnson, but he damn well could be given the proper ethic, drive and effort.

blasphemy

Requiem / The Dagda
11-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Say Weazel, we gonna win tonight?

Northman
11-26-2009, 04:30 PM

He's got a long way to go before that.

LRtagger
11-26-2009, 07:14 PM
He's got a long way to go before that.

nah, he's a Bronco...he'll be a shoe-in.