PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Dawkins hopes to play against Giants

Denver Native (Carol)
11-24-2009, 04:15 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13858660?source=rss

Broncos safety Brian Dawkins said Tuesday that his plan is to be able to play Thursday night against the New York Giants.

Whether Dawkins will actually play, though, won't be decided until closer to kickoff.

Dawkins injured his neck early in the second quarter of Sunday's loss to San Diego and did not return to the game.

"Dawk's doing better. He's doing everything he can do to be ready to go for Thursday," coach Josh McDaniels said today. "We'll monitor that situation."

Dawkins has been receiving treatment in the training room on his neck on Monday and Tuesday and said he is feeling better.

Also improving is quarterback Kyle Orton, who missed all of the team's practice last week and did not start Sunday because of a sprained left ankle. He entered the game in the second quarter after Chris Simms struggled early against the Chargers.

With the team holding only one practice - and a light one, at that - this week, McDaniels said Orton will be able to participate fully.

"It's a lot more mental today, and the same Wednesday, so he should be able to do everything," McDaniels said. "We expect him to be more healthy Thursday than he was last week."

Iron Horse72
11-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Neck injuries are a little scary ala Al Wilson.

Dean
11-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Dawkins, Harris, and Orton all practiced today. We could use them all suited up on Thursday.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=9609

It's at the very bottom of the page.

rcsodak
11-24-2009, 11:41 PM
For the Giants, RB Ahmad Bradshaw's injury changed from Ankle/Foot on Monday to Ankles/Foot on Tuesday.

:confused:

So on tuesday, he said "coach....now both ankles hurt!"?

But I will say....

...the end of November, and hardly any names on the injury list....quite a change!

Shazam!
11-24-2009, 11:55 PM
We will need all hands on deck to win on Thursday.

NYG are banged up too.

Necessary Roughness
11-25-2009, 12:30 AM
We will need all hands on deck to win on Thursday.

NYG are banged up too.

Yep, looks like both teams should be getting healthier now. Ross came back last week, Boley is back. Should be a good game if Orton plays. If not, well, i could get ugly. Simms couldnt tie his dads shoes.

Shazam!
11-25-2009, 01:02 AM
I don't see Simms going in any game the rest of the way. I'd rather see the rookie Brandstater. I believe Simm's NFL career is over.

camdisco24
11-25-2009, 07:08 PM
If Simms plays, i'll throw turkey at the TV.
I agree with Shazam, Simms days in the NFL are over.