PDA

View Full Version : Food (Turkey) for Thought

Shazam!
11-24-2009, 03:13 AM
Here are two very recent examples of why is it certainly possible for Denver to bounce back and snag a few much needed wins, starting Thursday, with a few teams in similar situations.

Tennessee- The Titans were 0-6. Their last two losses were horrendous. 31-9 vs. Indy and a 58-0 shellacking at NE (I think that's right). Jeff Fisher was being slammed by everyone, some even went as far as saying he sucks. While I thought of a similar situation like Shanahan in Denver, meaning he just stayed too long, I knew he was a still a decent Coach and if he became available, he'd be available for all of 48 hours.

A month later, Tennessee has won 3 straight, just won their 4th tonight (@ Houston) and there is now a possibility of one of the biggest bounce-backs we've seen since probably the Oilers went 0-4 and won the AFC Central in the 90's. They're playing hard, their defense is playing aggressively, and... they believe in what they have going on there.

And nobody can tell me Vince Young is some world beater.

Heck, if they finish 7-9 after going 0-6, that alone is a helluva season and something to build on.

NY Giants- Now that Denver is on a skid and they're the next team they face, all of a sudden the NY Giants are the class of the NFC, back as if they just came off of their 2007 Championship and they're the team sent from heaven and Denver has no chance at all. That is simply not the case.

Just a few weeks ago the Giants were supposed to take the NFC East looking away (as Denver was too in the AFCW) and Manning was to drive them into the NFC Playoffs by storm. The were 5-0. Some were talking about them reaching Championship form.

In the span of a month, their Season was in jeopardy, losing 4 straight going into their much needed Bye. Now, just 1 win later, how that was all quickly forgotten (probably just locally overshadowed by the ineptitude of the NYJ).

My point is, this has happened already in Tennessee. Teams have bounced back from worse before. Sure, the Giants won on Sunday, but they got cut to pieces by Atlanta and had to win in OT. They were desperate for a win then and spent a lot of energy in a long game against a pretty decent team to get it.

Now, after a long OT game, they're on a very short week, playing on the road, traveling, in the Mile High altitude, probably wishing they were eating turkey instead facing a Broncos team that is desperate for a win.

I think if Orton finished the Skins game the Broncos win it, and if he was available in the SD game they'd have been able to at least keep it close.

This team is not as bad as some think it is. They are not a Super Bowl team, we all know that. There are glaring weaknesses. The exception is all but maybe 5 or 6 teams. But in a game like this, in this situation, hoping Orton and Dawkins are out there, they can pull it off.

Here's hoping Orton is close to 100%. The NYG secondary has gotten abused the last 6 weeks. Broncos can score against that defense.

Hope we all have a great turkey game.

Broncos win a close game I think, I can see something like 22-19.

Go :defense:

Happy Thanksgiving all, except Ravage and Claymore.

broncophan
11-24-2009, 03:38 AM
Both of those examples include head coaches with a helluva lot of experience.....and those teams did not go through a complete overhaul in the offseason........which is still amazing that we got off to a 6-0 start.

I hope the Giants are not the class of the nfc.....(esp. after what Washington did to us...........).....or Thursday night may get real ugly.

GO BRONCOS!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well....

sneakers
11-24-2009, 03:46 AM
The Arizona Cardinals (3.2 ypc Cardinals) ran for 189 yards against them a few weeks back.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
11-24-2009, 03:49 AM
I hate thanksgiving.

Shazam!
11-24-2009, 03:52 AM
You'll ****ing love it if the Broncos win.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
11-24-2009, 05:51 AM
You'll ****ing love it if the Broncos win.

True that man.

Nomad
11-24-2009, 07:33 AM
I wonder if the Titans will let us borrow Kern for this game!!:D

ssgtwc
11-24-2009, 07:19 PM
I wonder if the Titans will let us borrow Kern for this game!!:D

Hell anybody who can kick will do. I'm tired of watching a guy kick likes he's paralyzed from the waist down.:rolleyes:

threefolddead
11-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Hell anybody who can kick will do. I'm tired of watching a guy kick likes he's paralyzed from the waist down.:rolleyes:

Hey thats not funny! He really is paralyzed and thats why its so amazing to watch him kick.... right?