PDA

View Full Version : Orton Cleard to Practice

BroncoAV06
11-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Good to hear. Hard to see Orton still in there after the game got out of control but glad to hear he did not suffer a set back.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/7005/orton-practices-monday

By Bill WilliamsonDenver quarterback Kyle Orton looks like he is on his way to starting on a short week Thursday night against the visiting New York Giants as the Broncos try to snap a four-game losing streak and stay relevant in the playoff hunt.

The team pronounced Orton ready to practice Monday as the Broncos try to rebound from a 32-3 home loss to San Diego on Sunday in which the Chargers took sole possession of first place in the AFC West. The team did not practice but put out the participation list as a league mandate because the game is three days away. Thus, it appears Orton is on schedule to play Thursday. Orton didn’t practice all last week leading up to the game.

Orton didn’t start the game. But he did spell backup Chris Simms in the second quarter as Denver fell behind, 13-0. Simms struggled badly. Orton gave Denver a spark and played pretty well, despite limping badly.

After the game, Denver coach Josh McDaniels said he didn’t think Orton suffered a setback in the game, he was hurt Nov. 15 at Washington and he missed the second half.

While Orton is making strides toward playing Thursday, safety Brian Dawkins may be in jeopardy of not playing. He left in the first half Sunday with a neck injury and he did not return. Dawkins was not ready to practice Monday.

Denver right tackle Ryan Harris was not ready to practice with a toe injury. Harris was hurt Nov. 1 against Baltimore and hasn’t played since. Denver’s line play has suffered without Harris.

MOtorboat
11-23-2009, 06:34 PM
:dance:

Championship.

Shazam!
11-23-2009, 06:35 PM
They will need all hands on deck if Denver is to pull out a Win.

Hope Dawkins plays.

claymore
11-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Lol!

CrazyHorse
11-23-2009, 07:09 PM
It doesn't matter. Come Thursday Jeff Garcia will be throwing the passes!

Dean
11-23-2009, 07:27 PM
Does anyone here know what Dawkins status is? What happened to him?

Dirk
11-23-2009, 07:28 PM
It doesn't matter. Come Thursday Jeff Garcia will be throwing the passes!

:tsk:

Pitt is in great need if Ben and Charlie aren't able to play. If he goes there first he won't leave.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-23-2009, 07:32 PM

From above article:

safety Brian Dawkins may be in jeopardy of not playing. He left in the first half Sunday with a neck injury and he did not return. Dawkins was not ready to practice Monday.

CrazyHorse
11-23-2009, 07:46 PM
:tsk:

Pitt is in great need if Ben and Charlie aren't able to play. If he goes there first he won't leave.

I hope he doesn't I HATE Pittsburgh. The 2005 AFCCG still stings.

BroncoAV06
11-23-2009, 08:11 PM
The thing with Garcia is, did he not want to be a starter? Isn't that why he made his way out of Oakland? If Orton ankle is going to keep him out which at this point does not look like an issue then bringing in Garcia would seem like a no brainer at that point.

I don't think it would hurt at all to contact him. Simms looked lost again Sunday. Granted it was just a couple series it seemed he was saying in his head, "ok, primary coverd, lets look here, nope, ok, next," his throws looked like dead ducks as well.

MOtorboat
11-23-2009, 08:17 PM
The thing with Garcia is, did he not want to be a starter? Isn't that why he made his way out of Oakland? If Orton ankle is going to keep him out which at this point does not look like an issue then bringing in Garcia would seem like a no brainer at that point.

I don't think it would hurt at all to contact him. Simms looked lost again Sunday. Granted it was just a couple series it seemed he was saying in his head, "ok, primary coverd, lets look here, nope, ok, next," his throws looked like dead ducks as well.

Yes.

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 08:27 PM
They will need all hands on deck if Denver is to pull out a Win.

Hope Dawkins plays.

Vote on my poll?

Of course, it isn't negative towards the team so it won't make it to any front page or anything.....

...but it is out there.....

Kinda like the truth.

*music from X Files*

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 08:32 PM

Hurt his neck, coach.

Think that's ALL we'll know til he's ready to go.

Saw them feeling his upper vertebrae on the sideline, but he didn't look to be in pain, so your guess is as good as the next guy's.

Iron Horse72
11-23-2009, 10:10 PM
This guy is tough, wow after the way looked with that hit at knees I didn't he would be ready this go this week.

I guess at this point he doesn't have a choice but to play.