PDA

View Full Version : Take a deep breath people its not that bad.

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 02:00 PM
To put yesterday in perspective.

97 Jags playoff game
2nd qtr of the redskins Broncos SB
the 49ers/Broncos SB
The Giant/Broncos SB
Slowick.

Feel free to add to the list. Its just not that bad.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Point acknowledged Dortoh:salute: - definitely not that bad when the Broncos already have more wins than 99% expected them to have.

Traveler
11-23-2009, 02:14 PM
To put yesterday in perspective.

97 Jags playoff game
2nd qtr of the redskins Broncos SB
the 49ers/Broncos SB
The Giant/Broncos SB
Slowick.

Feel free to add to the list. Its just not that bad.

I hear what you are saying, but it was still hard to watch the game yesterday. Looks as though the team shot it's wad the first six games and now have nothing left for the remainder of the season.

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 02:15 PM
How about the infamous Rich Gannon record setting game against the faid.

You know the one where we rushed 2 and dropped 9 into a deep soft zone and watched him complete 50 billion passes in a row. I beleive that record still stands by the way.

Northman
11-23-2009, 02:16 PM
How bout when Romo laid out Gannon and he looked like a dead log sliding in the Mile High grass? lol

Grover
11-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Eddie McCaffrey breaking his leg on September 10, 2001 was definitely worse than last night.

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 02:20 PM
I hear what you are saying, but it was still hard to watch the game yesterday. Looks as though the team shot it's wad the first six games and now have nothing left for the remainder of the season.

People think I'm flaming away because of the Cutler trade but that has nothing to do with it. Anyone who looks at weeks 1-6 with an objective mind can see we got lucky many times. We are not a 6-0 team its that simple. Am I happy we started 6-0 **** yes I am everyone wants to win.

We are not "there" yet and it remains to be seen but in my honest opinon we "could" be making a run in 2 years if all goes good in the offseasons ahead.

I also think we still squeeze into the playoffs this year mainly do to our fast start and still having 3-4 very winable games left on the schedule.

claymore
11-23-2009, 02:21 PM
Eddie McCaffrey breaking his leg on September 10, 2001 was definitely worse than last night.

Pretty bad couple of days there.

Medford Bronco
11-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Rich Karlis as the kicker
Michael Dean Perry that fatty not getting off the field in the 96 season
playoff game vs Jax

Stupid D Bowe last year vs SD

Lonestar
11-23-2009, 02:26 PM
J walker.

gardener

allowing any of our players to go to the raiders.

TD going down by trying to tackle on a pick return..

those make my list..

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 02:29 PM
J walker.

gardener

allowing any of our players to go to the raiders.

TD going down by trying to tackle on a pick return..

those make my list..

I know its not right but I still blame Grieses sorry ass for TD's short career

claymore
11-23-2009, 02:30 PM
Trading Jay Cutler......

Traveler
11-23-2009, 02:31 PM
People think I'm flaming away because of the Cutler trade but that has nothing to do with it. Anyone who looks at weeks 1-6 with an objective mind can see we got lucky many times. We are not a 6-0 team its that simple. Am I happy we started 6-0 **** yes I am everyone wants to win.

We are not "there" yet and it remains to be seen but in my honest opinon we "could" be making a run in 2 years if all goes good in the offseasons ahead.

I also think we still squeeze into the playoffs this year mainly do to our fast start and still having 3-4 very winable games left on the schedule.

The 6-0 start has surprised many, including the members of the team, i suspect. My pessimistic side always knew that we are a team in transition and 6-10 was my expectations for the team this year.

To run the schemes of McD and Nolan, we just don't have the horses yet. There's not much more scheming that can be done at this point. The defense has looked beaten and lifeless for the past three weeks. The offense has been what it has always been this year...inconsistent.

Frankly, I don't see things getting any better anytime soon. I'll still follow them because the foundation is being laid for bigger things in the years to come.

claymore
11-23-2009, 02:31 PM
Chris Simms not getting a legit chance.

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 02:32 PM
Chris Simms not getting a legit chance.

Agreed he is a 6million dollar qb after all.

claymore
11-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Agreed he is a 6million dollar qb after all.

I wish my last name was Simms. I could could have fumbled the ball for $187,000 dollars last night.

Traveler
11-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Dortoh,

Back to your list, the 2nd qtr of the Redskins Super Bowl still haunts me the most and would be number one on my list. Tony Lilly and Mark Haynes repeatedly getting roasted on deep passes was a bit much to take. That and the fact that I lost $1000 dollars that day makes for some painful memories.

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 02:38 PM
Dortoh,

Back to your list, the 2nd qtr of the Super Bowl still haunts me the most and would be number one on my list. Tony Lilly and Mark Haynes repeated getting roasted on deep passes was a bit much to take. That and the fact that I lost $1000 dollars that day makes for some painful memories.

You put a grand on Denver? No matter what happens the rest of your life you can never be called a bandwagon fan IMO :salute:

Insane, bat shit crazy, completely lacking .......well you get the point ;)

underrated29
11-23-2009, 02:39 PM
getting a cat. Cats suck.
Having a superstar OL,WR,TE, RB group and scoring less than 20 every week.
philip rivers ugly mug
quentin griffin

MOtorboat
11-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Look on the bright side, we could be 4-6.

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 02:40 PM
getting a cat. Cats suck.
Having a superstar OL,WR,TE, RB group and scoring less than 20 every week.
philip rivers ugly mug
quentin griffin

Off topic but watching Q Griffin of all people hang what was it 200 yards on the chiefs :laugh:

Traveler
11-23-2009, 02:41 PM
You put a grand on Denver? No matter what happens the rest of your life you can never be called a bandwagon fan IMO :salute:

Insane, bat shit crazy, completely lacking .......well you get the point ;)

That was actually the day I officially stopped betting on anything. I was in the military at the time and most of my buddies were from the DC area. In fact, we were in DC on SB Sunday.

Hate to admit it but I actually cried that day.

weazel
11-23-2009, 02:45 PM
I wish my name was Simms, as well. Easy way into the NFL!

Dreadnought
11-23-2009, 02:53 PM
That was actually the day I officially stopped betting on anything. I was in the military at the time and most of my buddies were from the DC area. In fact, we were in DC on SB Sunday.

Hate to admit it but I actually cried that day.

That day (Jan. 25th) was also my first wife's Birthday. I don't think she ever forgave me for "ruining" her birthday, and she started drinking (more) heavily after that. I never forgave her for not understanding that what we had just watched that day wasn't "just a stupid game." She was a bad wife, and I am well rid of her.

Add to the list watching Roc Alexander get ate up by Reggie Wayne over and over and over again.

Lonestar
11-23-2009, 02:55 PM
I know its not right but I still blame Grieses sorry ass for TD's short career

ME too could have take a shot at him if I lived in DEN.. I will never forgive him for screwing TD out of the HOF..

Lonestar
11-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Off topic but watching Q Griffin of all people hang what was it 200 yards on the chiefs :laugh:

one fifty on the colts.. could have been a great little back had he not blown out a knee..

Cugel
11-23-2009, 03:08 PM
How bout when Romo laid out Gannon and he looked like a dead log sliding in the Mile High grass? lol

I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Tony Siragusa for the way he belly-flopped on Rich Gannon's shoulder taking him out that season. :laugh:

I normally don't like to see injuries, but Rich Gannon and the Raiders is somehow in a different category. They are always such scum and their fans are scum too I can't help hating them.

Cugel
11-23-2009, 03:12 PM
Look on the bright side, we could be 4-6.

About the only bright side I see is that the Broncos can't lose more than 10 games this season.

Personally, I expect them to lose at least 8 including this week.

Strange, all the flack I took for saying this team wasn't as good as they looked when they were winning. I got endless comments like "we'll be resurrecting these threads and laughing at all the doubters. The train is leaving the station and you won't be welcome back on the band-wagon!" :coffee:

claymore
11-23-2009, 03:16 PM
About the only bright side I see is that the Broncos can't lose more than 10 games this season.

Strange, all the flack I took for saying this team wasn't as good as they looked when they were winning. I got endless comments like "we'll be resurrecting these threads and laughing at all the doubters. The train is leaving the station and you won't be welcome back on the band-wagon!" :coffee:

I high fived all those posts. :welcome:

Watchthemiddle
11-23-2009, 03:23 PM
Rookie head coach making rookie mistakes much like the rookie RB. This team will grow from this season. It's not that bad. We are basically playing off of house money and any more wins this year is about 4 more wins than all of you "experts" predicted.

MOtorboat
11-23-2009, 03:46 PM

We should beat the Raiders at Home. We should beat Kansas City in both places. We should win 9 games this season, at this point.

I was ridiculed to no end for predicting 11-5. Right now, that's still possible.

Dreadnought
11-23-2009, 03:50 PM
Thanksgiving Day, 2007. The Patrick Ramsey Bowl. Ruined a wonderful turkey my (current excellent) wife had roasted as I watched the friggin' Lions demolish the Broncos.

slim
11-23-2009, 03:59 PM
One of my worst memories is when clay became a troll...man, it seems like only yesterday.

MOtorboat
11-23-2009, 04:00 PM
One of my worst memories is when clay became a troll...man, it seems like only yesterday.

He was showing some signs of coming out of it earlier in the lounge, but those signs have disappeared again.

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 04:20 PM
We should beat the Raiders at Home. We should beat Kansas City in both places. We should win 9 games this season, at this point.

I was ridiculed to no end for predicting 11-5. Right now, that's still possible.

Actually we ridiculed you because you are an easy target but thats off topic so I wont bring it up.

claymore
11-23-2009, 04:49 PM
He was showing some signs of coming out of it earlier in the lounge, but those signs have disappeared again.

Im not trolling. Im keepin it real!

NightTrainLayne
11-23-2009, 05:23 PM
That day (Jan. 25th) was also my first wife's Birthday. I don't think she ever forgave me for "ruining" her birthday, and she started drinking (more) heavily after that. I never forgave her for not understanding that what we had just watched that day wasn't "just a stupid game." She was a bad wife, and I am well rid of her.

Add to the list watching Roc Alexander get ate up by Reggie Wayne over and over and over again.

War marrying someone whose birthday falls outside of football season.

NightTrainLayne
11-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Thanksgiving Day, 2007. The Patrick Ramsey Bowl. Ruined a wonderful turkey my (current excellent) wife had roasted as I watched the friggin' Lions demolish the Broncos.

Sorry Dread, your dates are off. We didn't play on Thanksgiving day in 2007, but we did have a horrendous loss on a Sunday that season after Cutler got hurt and Patrick Ramsey looked as bad as Simms.

MOtorboat
11-23-2009, 05:26 PM
Im not trolling. Im keepin it real!

Thanks J-Walk.

Clay-Walk.

Northman
11-23-2009, 05:28 PM
Thanks J-Walk.

Clay-Walk.

Clay-walk.

Bhwhahahahahahahahaah. Oh shit. Poor Clay. :lol:

KCL
11-23-2009, 05:29 PM
Sorry Dread, your dates are off. We didn't play on Thanksgiving day in 2007, but we did have a horrendous loss on a Sunday that season after Cutler got hurt and Patrick Ramsey looked as bad as Simms.

You all played the Chiefs in 06.

Dreadnought
11-23-2009, 05:34 PM

Roger - We did have Turkey that day, and my Dad and step Mom were visiting, odd numbered year for turkey dinner (they normally spend even numbered Thanksgivings with us), which, combined with Lions, got me thinking it must have been actual Thanksgiving Day.