PDA

View Full Version : We May Not Win.......

broncophan
11-23-2009, 11:30 AM
any more games this season................I don't think I am "going out on a limb" by saying that.
I still had hope going into the Charger game....but showing little sign of life....the team showed me nothing..........
at least in our previous three losses....we played a good HALF of football.
Now we have players fighting on the sidelines...with each other??....and our coach who is desperately trying on-side kicks etc....
6-0 to 6-10 would suck......I don't care what our low expectations were before the season.

Shazam!
11-23-2009, 11:38 AM
I will be first in line of Fire McDaniels if they lose 10 straight including 2 to KC and home to Oakland. Going 6-10 is one thing. 10 straight losses would be a collapse of epic proprtions and nothing short of an embarassment.

However, 9-7 is certianly possible, going .500 the rest of the way.

Medford Bronco
11-23-2009, 11:39 AM
We are not losing 10 straigh.

I see at least 2 more wins which would still suck

CoachChaz
11-23-2009, 11:43 AM
Did anyone realisticly expect an 8-8 record before the season? No. But because we caught a few teams and started off 6-0, people suddenly thought we were elite. That's not the case.

But...

No one can say they dont see quite a few positives heading into the future. Some WILL say that, but there are a few I know I expect to hear nothing but negativity from. Screw those "fake" fans.

Dirk
11-23-2009, 12:45 PM
I have stated more than once on the boards here that if we got to 8-8 I would be extremely happy after the offseason we had.

I am thankful that my Thanksgiving dinner is at noon so that I don't get indigestion if things go terrible during the game! ;)

weazel
11-23-2009, 12:53 PM
I will be first in line of Fire McDaniels if they lose 10 straight including 2 to KC and home to Oakland. Going 6-10 is one thing. 10 straight losses would be a collapse of epic proprtions and nothing short of an embarassment.

However, 9-7 is certianly possible, going .500 the rest of the way.

well, KC just beat Pitt and we couldnt do that...

Oakland has at least been getting a little better each game, we are going the opposite way.

I will say we win 1 more game, maybe...

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 12:59 PM
I think 6-10 was commonplace by many, when it came to prognosticating this year's final record.

Afterall, look at the teams they had to play!

I think what is most perplexing, to many, is the direction in which they're going.

Many...Jr, myself and others, thought the team would start out slow, and gradually meld, gel and compete as a team. Getting better as the year progressed and maybe ending the year on a winning streak.

What threw everything into helter skelter, is the fact that they won early, first!

So I guess a fan has to decide....

...is 6-10 now, the same as 6-10 at the beginning of the season?

Personally, it is what it is......

....a stepping stone to a new future.

I can handle the wait.

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 01:02 PM

Oakland has at least been getting a little better each game, we are going the opposite way.

Different games.

Pitt prolly overlooked KC.

IT HAPPENS!

Plus, everybody knows they're D is NOT the same without Polomalulumululuuu.

Medford Bronco
11-23-2009, 01:03 PM
Different games.

Pitt prolly overlooked KC.

IT HAPPENS!

Plus, everybody knows they're D is NOT the same without Polomalulumululuuu.

Also Ben getting a potenital concussion before getting into FG range hurt
as well

claymore
11-23-2009, 01:05 PM
any more games this season................I don't think I am "going out on a limb" by saying that.
I still had hope going into the Charger game....but showing little sign of life....the team showed me nothing..........
Now we have players fighting on the sidelines...with each other??....and our coach who is desperately trying on-side kicks etc....
6-0 to 6-10 would suck......I don't care what our low expectations were before the season.

Very realistic.

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 01:10 PM
as well

Unlike Simms, Batch came in and COMPLETED his passes...but they DID go conservative, and it bit them in the butt!

weazel
11-23-2009, 01:10 PM
funny, I said the same thing last week and everyone wanted to hang me... now everyone is agreeing.

hypocrisy is beautiful

ikillz0mbies
11-23-2009, 01:11 PM
At least this "collapse" is happening mid-season. There is still room for improvement. And yes, some may hate me for saying that. I enjoyed the 6-0 start as much as everyone, but we all knew the Broncos would hit a few bumps along the way. The 4 games they lost I thought were very winnable, but the Broncos have still have a lot to work on. I'm really hoping they beat the Giants this week to gain at least some kind of momentum and bring locker room morale up.

Go Broncos!

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 01:13 PM
funny, I said the same thing last week and everyone wanted to hang me... now everyone is agreeing.

hypocrisy is beautiful

How do you get "everyone is agreeing"?

:rolleyes:

KCL
11-23-2009, 01:25 PM
as well

Troy is a huge part of their D...I even made a thread on it before the game..figured we would lose anyway...Our D stepped up and made some big
plays...that is what helped us win...Studi and his 2 picks...plus Haley got off his ass and called some good plays.

I think Denver is going to win some more games...not sure who all you have on your schedule besides KC...I really think we split the 2 games again this year but who knows...Denver could take both games.

broncophan
11-23-2009, 01:39 PM
I think 6-10 was commonplace by many, when it came to prognosticating this year's final record.

Afterall, look at the teams they had to play!

I think what is most perplexing, to many, is the direction in which they're going.

Many...Jr, myself and others, thought the team would start out slow, and gradually meld, gel and compete as a team. Getting better as the year progressed and maybe ending the year on a winning streak.

What threw everything into helter skelter, is the fact that they won early, first!

So I guess a fan has to decide....

...is 6-10 now, the same as 6-10 at the beginning of the season?

Personally, it is what it is......

....a stepping stone to a new future.

I can handle the wait.

Personally.....I figured 4 or 5 wins for the broncos this season.....so yes.....I guess they have exceeded my expectations......but 6-10 now is not the same as 6-10 at the beginning of the season....imo.

There would be alot of unanswered questions going into next season if we lose 10 in a row or even 8 or 9 of our last 10.At least if the team was improving as the season went on....we would have hope for the following season.

Then again.....there was no hope for many at the beginning of this season.
McD and his staff have to adjust to what teams are doing against the broncos....or questions will arise about him being outcoached.....etc.
I would like to think McD knows what he is doing....the 6 wins we had at the start of the season were against very good teams for the most part....so that means something.......at least I hope so.

GO BRONCOS.......

Cugel
11-23-2009, 03:26 PM

It's frankly difficult to see this team beating ANYBODY if the offense keeps averaging 12 points a game, and 10 in the last 2 games.

Before the defense wore down, the team held Cincinatti, Cleveland and Oakland to 7 points or less. That was enough that they had 3 victories without scoring more than 17 points in the game.

But, not now. Over the last 4 games, the defense is giving up 29 points a game and the offense is scoring 12! How can they hope to beat anybody like that?

This team is now playing like the Browns or Lions or Rams.

Does anybody doubt they will lose the division and watch the playoffs on TV at this point? :coffee:

skycoyote
11-23-2009, 03:38 PM
A positive would be getting better as the season went on not worse. The Raiders beat us at home last year and this season is looking like last year. I say we upset somebody and win at home vs. Kansas City. 8-8 which is better than we thought but I wanted to see improvement over the season. Instead its in like a lion out like a lamb. baaaaa.

Cugel
11-23-2009, 03:39 PM
Personally.....I figured 4 or 5 wins for the broncos this season.....so yes.....I guess they have exceeded my expectations......but 6-10 now is not the same as 6-10 at the beginning of the season....imo.

There would be alot of unanswered questions going into next season if we lose 10 in a row or even 8 or 9 of our last 10.At least if the team was improving as the season went on....we would have hope for the following season.

Then again.....there was no hope for many at the beginning of this season.
McD and his staff have to adjust to what teams are doing against the broncos....or questions will arise about him being outcoached.....etc.
I would like to think McD knows what he is doing....the 6 wins we had at the start of the season were against very good teams for the most part....so that means something.......at least I hope so.

Remember that this has happened before under Shanahan.

In fact a constant theme for the Broncos the last 5 or 6 years is that they start strong and then fade. Lots of 7-3 or 5-2 starts, and then they lose the 2nd half of the season and either finish out of the playoffs or just squeeze in as a Wild Card.

The problems this team faces is that they don't have an elite QB and their DL is not great. Their OL is falling apart and key players are nearing the end of their careers (Weigman, Dawkins, Bailey, Hill, Goodman and Law are all over 30).

The offensive scheme isn't working. The QBs can't seem to make other teams respect the deep pass, and thus they are cheating up to the line.

I caught a TON of grief after the Ravens game from stupid homers who insisted "you're just panicing" when I pointed out that every team would copy the Ravens and start cheating up towards the line and defying the Broncos to throw deep and burn them.

I keep saying: "it's just like in baseball. Until you PROVE to other teams that you can hit the curve ball, you will see a steady diet of curve balls and nothing else." Why should they throw a fast-ball if you can't hit the curve?

Same thing here. Why should teams give the Broncos the under-neath routes and play-action passes and screen passes, when they don't have to respect the deep ball? They can play 8 men in the box.

For the last 4 games the Broncos have proven they CAN'T handle the pressure. The last 2 games they've tried to come out and throw a few deep balls, but it hasn't worked.

That's because teams are convinced that Kyle Orton CAN'T Beat them with the deep ball. They'd rather take their chances and stuff the run.

Until the Broncos PROVE by hitting a lot of long passes that they are a deep threat, teams are going to continue to cheat up on them and take away the underneath routes, short crossing patterns, screens and stuff the run.

I've been saying this all year, and receiving ENDLESS FLACK for saying "arm strength DOES matter in the NFL! You NEED a strong-armed QB to make teams respect you. Period.

And no, Tom Brady is NOT a counter-example. He DOES have a good arm and is a deep passing threat. Orton is not, and Simms, well, he's just not very good, which is why McDaniels didn't start him in the first place. :coffee:

honz
11-29-2009, 11:12 AM
I'd like to congratulate you on one of the best overreactions I have ever witnessed.

BroncoBJ
11-29-2009, 12:10 PM
:lol: @ this thread. What a n00b

Northman
11-29-2009, 12:34 PM
Does anybody doubt they will lose the division and watch the playoffs on TV at this point? :coffee:

Yea, i have a little doubt.

Timmy!
11-29-2009, 01:52 PM
:6-10:

MOtorboat
11-29-2009, 01:55 PM
:4-12:

broncophan
11-29-2009, 06:33 PM
I'd like to congratulate you on one of the best overreactions I have ever witnessed.

LOL.....thanks for the congrats!!!!...............at least I know I am good for something....:D........

And by the way....next time I "overreact" and post something like this....I have learned to go back and delete it.......

Thanks for the "bump" honz......I will remember you.....:D

honz
11-30-2009, 07:03 PM
LOL.....thanks for the congrats!!!!...............at least I know I am good for something....:D........

And by the way....next time I "overreact" and post something like this....I have learned to go back and delete it.......

Thanks for the "bump" honz......I will remember you.....:D

:D At least you can take the heat in good fun. I felt the same way a few weeks a go only I wasn't dumb enough to post it on here! :lol:

broncophan
11-30-2009, 07:22 PM
If only they could play the rest of this season, as well as they played against the Giants.....then they may WIN the rest of their games...:)

broncophan
11-30-2009, 07:28 PM
:lol: @ this thread. What a n00b

Normaly it would bother me if someone would come on here and call me names like a "n00b".........but instead....I'll just "consider the source" when it comes from someone who call himself... "JayCutler4MVP"...;)

Brand
11-30-2009, 07:52 PM
Normaly it would bother me if someone would come on here and call me names like a "n00b".........but instead....I'll just "consider the source" when it comes from someone who call himself... "JayCutler4MVP"...;)

You do have a point.....

BroncoBJ
11-30-2009, 09:07 PM

Normally it would bother me if someone made fun of me or my name. But since its the interwebz. It don't bother me. :lol:

n00bs these days.