MOtorboat
11-23-2009, 09:22 AM
About what?

Everyone saying we'd go 4-12, or 3-13?

claymore
11-23-2009, 09:25 AM
About what?

Everyone saying we'd go 4-12, or 3-13?

That a Orton led McDaniels coached team wouldnt be very good.

MOtorboat
11-23-2009, 09:28 AM

Orton has been hurt.

Shazam!
11-23-2009, 09:30 AM
Clay shouldn't even watch the NYG game now, because they obviously have zero chance at winning the game.

claymore
11-23-2009, 09:30 AM
Orton has been hurt.

He looked fine to me. I would saw my dik off to make 900k a year.

claymore
11-23-2009, 09:31 AM
Clay shouldn't even watch the NYG game now, because they obviously have zero chance at winning the game.

I dont think we could beat Tampa Bay at this point.

MOtorboat
11-23-2009, 09:32 AM

And I'm the one that's not on planet earth. :rolleyes:

Is he Tom Brady or Payton Manning? No. We know that. But he's not a hack. Hell, statistically, he's been just as good as Jay Cutler and Carson Palmer. Both of whom are considered big arm, franchise quarterbacks.

Shazam!
11-23-2009, 09:34 AM

You say Orton sucks, yet he drove them down the Field immediately and if Moreno doesn't **** the ball, we're looking at a different game.

Nothing was Cutler's fault (who SUCKS in Chicago), yet everything is Orton's fault.

If the Broncos win Thursday, you will be ****ing sorry.

MOtorboat
11-23-2009, 09:35 AM

I found you a t-shirt.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_FBg-kmaoets/SlOYdlDyd5I/AAAAAAAAAQw/0WmAg1ZfYcc/s320/pi_irrational_back_large.jpg

claymore
11-23-2009, 09:44 AM
And I'm the one that's not on planet earth. :rolleyes:

Is he Tom Brady or Payton Manning? No. We know that. But he's not a hack. Hell, statistically, he's been just as good as Jay Cutler and Carson Palmer. Both of whom are considered big arm, franchise quarterbacks.
Cuttler having a shit year makes all this sting less.
You say Orton sucks, yet he drove them down the Field immediately and if Moreno doesn't **** the ball, we're looking at a different game.

Nothing was Cutler's fault (who SUCKS in Chicago), yet everything is Orton's fault.

If the Broncos win Thursday, you will be ****ing sorry.
I never blamed Orton, I think he will make a damn fine backup in this league.

I put the Blame on McDaniels, and Bowlen, Ive always said that.

And if we win on Thurs, I wont be sorry. I will be extremeley shocked. If we win, its because we were a trap game for the Giants.

Shazam!
11-23-2009, 09:56 AM
If we win, its because we were a trap game for the Giants.

So, there you already have your excuse all oiled up and ready to go, even when they win.

Would you like an Eli Manning jersey? Or a throwback LT, Mark Bavaro, Carl Banks or Leonard Marshall? I can get them for cheap here for you.

claymore
11-23-2009, 09:59 AM
So, there you already have your excuse all oiled up and ready to go, even when they win.
Blah Blah Blah, Blah. Blah Blah Blah. Blah Blah Blah, Blah. Blah Blah Blah.
Blah Blah Blah, Blah. Blah Blah Blah. Blah Blah Blah, Blah.

We wont win, so I dont need to use it.

NightTrainLayne
11-23-2009, 10:08 AM
Clay, your criticism would mean so much more if you hadn't backed down from your negative bandwagon and bought in after the game against the Patriots.

I don't know what you get out of this, but I wish you'd go find someplace else to get it.

claymore
11-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Clay, your criticism would mean so much more if you hadn't backed down from your negative bandwagon and bought in after the game against the Patriots.

I don't know what you get out of this, but I wish you'd go find someplace else to get it.

It was the Chargers game. I said if we won that one, it was for real.\

Today is my day dont sully it. Ive earned this!

MOtorboat
11-23-2009, 10:11 AM

lol

:bearsfan:

slim
11-23-2009, 10:20 AM
No Nancy, you were wrong.

The team will win more than 4 games (I am almost positive about that) and Orton > Cutler.

Shazam!
11-23-2009, 10:25 AM

I hate Broncos 'fans' that are happy when they lose. It is sickening to me.

GEM
11-23-2009, 10:38 AM

Earned it...you've been doing this all along, save a couple games where you felt they were up to your standards because of winning.

:shrugs:

Lonestar
11-23-2009, 10:47 AM
IIRC you have moved the target each time they won a game. Now they finally lost one of your last target games.

While I was one of those that thought this would be a 5-11 year considering the massive changes and schedule. But consistently said I'd be happy with NOT getting blown out, winning at HOME, not losing trap games, winning east coast early games or on primetime games.
So far overall I have been pleased with the progress they have made considering the talent level of the last 4 teams we have played the only loss I have issues with is the WAS and had orton not been injured I believe that would have been a diiferent outcome. I also think that the SAN game might have been a win without simms coughing it up. Had KO not been hurt the way we were moving the ball I suspect we winn that one.

From what I saw in that game he was lost in the passing game. AGAIN.

Losing to better teams is nothing to be negative about. IMO

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

claymore
11-23-2009, 10:52 AM
No Nancy, you were wrong.

The team will win more than 4 games (I am almost positive about that) and Orton > Cutler.4 more games? You think we will win 4 more?

I hate Broncos 'fans' that are happy when they lose. It is sickening to me.
I doubt anyone is happy we lose, unless its a meaningless game at the end of the year that affects draft order.

Earned it...you've been doing this all along, save a couple games where you felt they were up to your standards because of winning.

:shrugs:
Its over Gem. were not making the playoffs.

IIRC you have moved the target each time they won a game. Now they finally lost one of your last target games.

While I was one of those that thought this would be a 5-11 year considering the massive changes and schedule. But consistently said I'd be happy with NOT getting blown out, winning at HOME, not losing trap games, winning east coast early games or on primetime games.
So far overall I have been pleased with the progress they have made considering the talent level of the last 4 teams we have played the only loss I have issues with is the WAS and had orton not been injured I believe that would have been a diiferent outcome. I also think that the SAN game might have been a win without simms coughing it up. Had KO not been hurt the way we were moving the ball I suspect we winn that one.

From what I saw in that game he was lost in the passing game. AGAIN.

Losing to better teams is nothing to be negative about. IMO

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

Why you are ok with a 5-11 season is beyond me. You dont need to go backwards to move forward.

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 10:55 AM
Claymore is 100% correct.

Thank God for the faiders and chiefs we still might sneak into the playoffs.

Shazam!
11-23-2009, 10:56 AM
I had hoped all offseason this team can go 9-7 at least. That would be a disappointment after such a hot start, but going 3-3 in the next 6 is possible, especially with 2 vs. KC and home vs. Oakland.

I know a winning record would piss you off Clay, but it's still in reach, going .500 the rest of the way. 9-7 would be something positive to build on for the future.

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 11:00 AM
We will beat the chefs and faiders x3 and steal one win we shouldnt and make a wildcard at 10-6 and win a trip to Indy to get bitch slapped by coach Pay-me-aton.

claymore
11-23-2009, 11:02 AM
I had hoped all offseason this team can go 9-7 at least. That would be a disappointment after such a hot start, but going 3-3 in the next 6 is possible, especially with 2 vs. KC and home vs. Oakland.

I know a winning record would piss you off Clay, but it's still in reach, going .500 the rest of the way. 9-7 would be something positive to build on for the future.
Ive said from the start that anything but 9-7 is a disapointment. As long as we show Progress Im cool with anything.

4 of our wins were real ugly, and I dont want to have to rely on the raiders and chiefs to get to 9 wins but I will take what I can get.

Shazam!
11-23-2009, 11:03 AM
We will beat the chefs and faiders x3 and steal one win we shouldnt and make a wildcard at 10-6 and win a trip to Indy to get bitch slapped by coach Pay-me-aton.

That would mean Denver wins a Wild Card game. I don't see that happening. Indy at this point is the #1 Seed and I don't see them dropping a few games.

GEM
11-23-2009, 11:04 AM
4 more games? You think we will win 4 more?

I doubt anyone is happy we lose, unless its a meaningless game at the end of the year that affects draft order.

Why you are ok with a 5-11 season is beyond me. You dont need to go backwards to move forward.

Soooooo...how many times have we been to the playoffs the last 3 years? The last 10? How many times were we blown out of those playoff games?

Just wondering.

You're really reaching if you expected a team with a new head coach, a new GM, 75% new players, a new scheme both on offense and defense to actually go out there and blow the doors off anything. It's not the Broncos fault that your expectations were so high. It sucks when expectations are too high or too low. Our team has gone out there and done what was unexpected. They beat some really good teams. Their QB is doing much better than was expected prior to the season. Their defense is so much more than anyone expected.

So who's wrong here? The Broncos that are trying to do what they can to improve...or the guy who had higher expectations than anyone could live up to in those circumstances?

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 11:07 AM
That would mean Denver wins a Wild Card game. I don't see that happening. Indy at this point is the #1 Seed and I don't see them dropping a few games.

Oh thats right we will win a trip to Pittsburgh :tsk:

claymore
11-23-2009, 11:09 AM
Soooooo...how many times have we been to the playoffs the last 3 years? The last 10? How many times were we blown out of those playoff games?

Just wondering.

You're really reaching if you expected a team with a new head coach, a new GM, 75% new players, a new scheme both on offense and defense to actually go out there and blow the doors off anything. It's not the Broncos fault that your expectations were so high. It sucks when expectations are too high or too low. Our team has gone out there and done what was unexpected. They beat some really good teams. Their QB is doing much better than was expected prior to the season. Their defense is so much more than anyone expected.

So who's wrong here? The Broncos that are trying to do what they can to improve...or the guy who had higher expectations than anyone could live up to in those circumstances?

You make it sound better than it is. JMCD talking smack to the oposing team, players getting into fights on the sideline, and the coach blaiming poor player execution on a retarded onside kick.

McDaniels is in charge of putting the wheels on, and the wheels fell off.

GEM
11-23-2009, 11:16 AM
You make it sound better than it is. JMCD talking smack to the oposing team, players getting into fights on the sideline, and the coach blaiming poor player execution on a retarded onside kick.

McDaniels is in charge of putting the wheels on, and the wheels fell off.

That was poor execution on the onside....Josh Barrett ran right by. Would you call that good execution? A game plan is only as good as the players executing it.

dogfish
11-23-2009, 11:16 AM
:yardog:

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Whoa, lets not over look Hamburgler he punted pretty well so thats something.

claymore
11-23-2009, 11:23 AM
That was poor execution on the onside....Josh Barrett ran right by. Would you call that good execution? A game plan is only as good as the players executing it.

If they question Barret can he say "it was a bone headed call, we shouldnt have done an Onside kick anyway."?

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 11:26 AM
I feel kind of dirty but I LOL'd my ass off when we onside kicked.

FML

Lonestar
11-23-2009, 11:31 AM

Never said I was happy with 5-11. Stated that was what I thought we would be consisdering the changes made and schedule.

Could have been unrealsitc and said playoffs and superbowl winners like some. But decided that 5-11 looked right unless all the stars and moons lined up just right might see 8-8.

Your wrong sometimes you do have to take step back to move forward.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

GEM
11-23-2009, 11:33 AM
If they question Barret can he say "it was a bone headed call, we shouldnt have done an Onside kick anyway."?

You execute the calls that are made on the field. It's your JOB...if Barrett doesn't want to execute there are plenty of guys who would.

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 11:35 AM
Never said I was happy with 5-11. Stated that was what I thought we would be consisdering the changes made and schedule.

Could have been unrealsitc and said playoffs and superbowl winners like some. But decided that 5-11 looked right unless all the stars and moons lined up just right might see 8-8.

You held me up held me down
Made me crazy then you brought me around
Were my darkness and my light
You were my blindness and my site
Were my shelter and my storm
Made my cold then you made me warm
You were my fever and my cure
Made me doubt and you made me sure
One step forward and two step back
Nobody gets too far like that
One step forward and two steps back
This kind of dance can never last You were my hope and my fear
You were my laughter and my tear
Were my destiny and my faith
Kept me moving and you made me wait
Were my weakness and my power
You were the thorn in the flower
You were my sunshine and the rain
Made me feel so good brough so much pain
This kind of dance can never last

SOLO

And we never really meant for each other
We were never meant to last
In the years that we danced together
Each step forward we took two steps back
Each step forward we took two steps back

Medford Bronco
11-23-2009, 11:37 AM
WERE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

Hahahah

Mods please Sticky this thread. :eek:

Here is your logo http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/alternatethumbnails/storylink/2009-11/50660912-23055654.jpg a dumbfounded Cutler who sucked last night

GO to the Bears team and dont come back. All you do is bitch about the broncos. You are not a fan. You are CUTLER FAN, not a real Bronco fan

Medford Bronco
11-23-2009, 11:37 AM
4 more games? You think we will win 4 more?

Right and Cutler has SO many winning seasons since High School :lol:

claymore
11-23-2009, 11:39 AM

We couldnt beat last years team with this one. Last years team would eat our lunch.

You execute the calls that are made on the field. It's your JOB...if Barrett doesn't want to execute there are plenty of guys who would.
The point was, it was a doosh call, and he was calling the players out for it.

claymore
11-23-2009, 11:39 AM
Try and stay focused on the Broncos in here. We are losing fine without the Bears QB.

Medford Bronco
11-23-2009, 11:41 AM
Try and stay focused on the Broncos in here. We are losing fine without the Bears QB.

Right and all of your posts have that underling Cutler feeling

You hate Orton like he was the reason Cutler got traded. He was not, he was an iNNOCENT bystander and has done a decent job. If baby Jay were our QB then we would be 5-5 because of more picks in the REd zone.

moral is both teams suck right now.

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 11:42 AM

Its a team sport Medford

Shazam!
11-23-2009, 11:42 AM
We couldnt beat last years team with this one. Last years team would eat our lunch.

Your memory must be pretty damn cloudy, or you were staring at Cutler's ass too long.

Medford Bronco
11-23-2009, 11:43 AM
Its a team sport Medford

So he has been on sucky teams since high school?

He blew it last year and has been so inconsistent and overrated it is not even funny

Jeff George = Jay Baby Cutler

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 11:44 AM
Your memory must be pretty damn cloudy, or you were staring at Cutler's ass too long.

I dont like it either Shazam but last year O would have hung 35+ on us easily. While this current O cant find the endzone to save their ass.

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 11:45 AM
So he has been on sucky teams since high school?
He blew it last year and has been so inconsistent and overrated it is not even funny

Jeff George = Jay Baby Cutler

Actually yes he has.

Medford Bronco
11-23-2009, 11:45 AM
Actually yes he has.

and he has contributed to them big time, especially the last 2 years

He is a fraud

CoachChaz
11-23-2009, 11:49 AM
This thread and the basis for it is just sad an pathetic.

Fans enjoying a loss to help prove a point that EVERYONE had to begin with?

Calling out the coach for trying to spark the team?

Just everything about it is pathetic

Shazam!
11-23-2009, 11:49 AM
I dont like it either Shazam but last year O would have hung 35+ on us easily. While this current O cant find the endzone to save their ass.

I could see Orton standing back there ALL DAY picking targets at will.

I could see Marshall and Royal beating Dre Bly's brains in all day long.

I could see Nate Webster whiffing by Moreno and Bucky who'd have 250+ combined yardage.

Man. How fast some people forget.

claymore
11-23-2009, 11:51 AM
This thread and the basis for it is just sad an pathetic.

Fans enjoying a loss to help prove a point that EVERYONE had to begin with?

Calling out the coach for trying to spark the team?

Just everything about it is pathetic

I dont think anyone enjoys a loss. What our coach did to spark the team was classless, and immature.

Medford Bronco
11-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Take JMCD's balls out of your mouth and think about it. No way could this team hang 30 points on any team, and thats what they would have needed to beat lst years team.

Not the last 3 games during our collapse

10 in Carolina
23 vs a bad Buffalo team
21 vs SD.

does not sound like 30 to me

also Red Zone Int man would help any defense with his bad play:coffee:

Medford Bronco
11-23-2009, 11:52 AM
I dont think anyone enjoys a loss. What our coach did to spark the team was classless, and immature.

Immature like not answering the Coaches or owners calls
and crying your way out of town

:coffee:

Shazam!
11-23-2009, 11:54 AM
Take JMCD's balls out of your mouth and think about it. No way could this team hang 30 points on any team, and thats what they would have needed to beat lst years team.

Denver's opponents just showing up to the Field was worth 20 points last year.

I love how suddenly the 2008 Broncos were some kind of juggernaut to some.

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 11:56 AM
I could see Orton standing back there ALL DAY picking targets at will.

I could see Marshall and Royal beating Dre Bly's brains in all day long.

I could see Nate Webster whiffing by Moreno and Bucky who'd have 250+ combined yardage.

Man. How fast some people forget.

You've seen our offense right? We are the ones in the orange and Blue unis.

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 11:56 AM
QB whisperer my ass

CoachChaz
11-23-2009, 11:57 AM

You say some unique things, bro, but this comment is exactly what you called his decision.

A coach tries something (which would have worked if Barrett had ANY skill) to spark a team that is in a funk and it's classless and immature?

Ballsy, gutsy, ill-timed...maybe. But...whatever feeds your desire to hate this team and the coach. Have fun with it

claymore
11-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Not the last 3 games during our collapse

10 in Carolina
23 vs a bad Buffalo team
21 vs SD.

does not sound like 30 to me

also Red Zone Int man would help any defense with his bad play:coffee:
He is really sucking this year. Maybe diabeetees gave him brain damage. How many losses in a row will it take you to forget the 3 game colapse last year?

Immature like not answering the Coaches or owners calls
and crying your way out of town

:coffee:
Who did that?

Denver's opponents just showing up to the Field was worth 20 points last year.

I love how suddenly the 2008 Broncos were some kind of juggernaut to some.

I dont think anyone is saying that. But last years team is the only thing we can gauge progress off of.

Medford Bronco
11-23-2009, 11:59 AM
You say some unique things, bro, but this comment is exactly what you called his decision.

A coach tries something (which would have worked if Barrett had ANY skill) to spark a team that is in a funk and it's classless and immature?

Ballsy, gutsy, ill-timed...maybe. But...whatever feeds your desire to hate this team and the coach. Have fun with it

He is a Bears fan http://www2.whdh.com/images/news_articles/389x205/061029_Chicago_Bears_logo.jpg

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 11:59 AM

Yes Claymore hates this team :rolleyes:

Coach sometimes its ok to call it like it is. This team is not very good right now.

Shazam!
11-23-2009, 12:02 PM
But last years team is the only thing we can gauge progress off of.

So, if the Broncos go .500 the rest of the way, which is entirely possible and wouldn't be a shock to finish 9-7, I expect you to give McDaniels props then. But you won't.

claymore
11-23-2009, 12:02 PM

I was talking about the trash talking with SD. I didnt look at the onside kick as a spark. I had no idea thats what you meant.

And you know I dont hate this team. I just haven t bought of on this coach.

claymore
11-23-2009, 12:05 PM
So, if the Broncos go .500 the rest of the way, which is entirely possible and wouldn't be a shock to finish 9-7, I expect you to give McDaniels props then. But you won't.

Ive said all along that was the measuring stick. I will give him props but hold him to high expectations next year.

topscribe
11-23-2009, 12:05 PM
I was talking about the trash talking with SD. I didnt look at the onside kick as a spark. I had no idea thats what you meant.

That incident was probably a bit unbecoming for a HC. But I believe "classless" is
a bit superfluous. And it had nothing to do with the outcome of the game . . .

-----

CoachChaz
11-23-2009, 12:07 PM
Yes Claymore hates this team :rolleyes:

Coach sometimes its ok to call it like it is. This team is not very good right now.

They havent been very good for quite awhile. But now that we have a new coach trying to change the attitude and schemes...we apparently have a scapegoat. If we are still this bad 2 years from now...fine. I'll agree McD wasnt the answer. But the guy took over a bad team, got a little lucky in the early part of the season and still has alot of work to do.

How people cant see that completely mystifies me.

CoachChaz
11-23-2009, 12:08 PM

Just out of curiosity...isn't it a little refreshing to hear a coach do a little smack talking? As long as it isnt retarded ghetto smack, it seems like it would rally a team to get behind their coach.

Maybe it's just me...I dont know

claymore
11-23-2009, 12:11 PM
Just out of curiosity...isn't it a little refreshing to hear a coach do a little smack talking? As long as it isnt retarded ghetto smack, it seems like it would rally a team to get behind their coach.

Not at all. I hate the smack. Especially from the HC. In the locker room yes, but in public against the opposing team that didnt need anymore motivation......

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 12:12 PM

Honestly IMO its childish and unbecoming our orgainization. That said I wish our players would show the emotion that McD does.

CoachChaz
11-23-2009, 12:15 PM
Well...then it's just me

GEM
11-23-2009, 12:15 PM
Honestly IMO its childish and unbecoming our orgainization. That said I wish our players would show the emotion that McD does.

Oh noes!!! Then they would be Brandon Marshall and people would jump on all of them for being young and dumb.

claymore
11-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Oh noes!!! Then they would be Brandon Marshall and people would jump on all of them for being young and dumb.

Were not talking about robbing liquor stores!

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 12:17 PM

I didnt say I wanted them to slap their girlfriends :laugh:

GEM
11-23-2009, 12:21 PM

How about slipping on Mickey D's wrappers? :confused:

Medford Bronco
11-23-2009, 12:25 PM
How about slipping on Mickey D's wrappers? :confused:

How about slipping on the dog:laugh::lol::lol::lol:;)

Medford Bronco
11-23-2009, 12:44 PM

well if you were Whitey Bulger then you would steal the liquor store:lol:

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Original_Photo/2005/03/29/1112127558_0443.jpg

If the story interests you Read http://www.metroactive.com/papers/sonoma/05.31.01/gifs/blackmass-0122.jpg

sorry to be :offtopic: but it was set up nicely

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 03:54 PM

Guess that explains your propensity for your periods......

Cugel
11-23-2009, 05:19 PM

I would agree. But fans who aren't looking at how the Raiders and Chiefs are playing RIGHT NOW, instead of going off past seasons are going to be in for ONE SERIOUS SHOCK when the Broncos lose at LEAST ONE game to those teams and possibly all three.

The grim meathook reality is that the Chiefs just beat the World Champion Steelers and the Raiders just beat the Cincinnati Bengals who are now 8-2 (their only other loss came against Denver opening day via the Immaculate Deflection play).

In short the Chiefs and Raiders just beat two of the top 5 teams in football.

Don't assume they are just going to roll over and let a Broncos team that's just falling apart to beat them. If the Broncos play the Chiefs and Raiders the way they have played the last month, they will lose and probably lose BADLY!:coffee:

Northman
11-23-2009, 05:20 PM
I would agree. But fans who aren't looking at how the Raiders and Chiefs are playing RIGHT NOW, instead of going off past seasons are going to be in for ONE SERIOUS SHOCK when the Broncos lose at LEAST ONE game to those teams and possibly all three.

The grim meathook reality is that the Chiefs just beat the World Champion Steelers and the Raiders just beat the Cincinnati Bengals who are now 8-2 (their only other loss came against Denver opening day via the Immaculate Deflection play).

Don't assume they are just going to roll over and let a Broncos team that's just falling apart to beat them. If the Broncos play the Chiefs and Raiders the way they have played the last month, they will lose and probably lose BAD!:coffee:

Yea, its called parity.

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 07:37 PM

Don't assume they are just going to roll over and let a Broncos team that's just falling apart to beat them. If the Broncos play the Chiefs and Raiders the way they have played the last month, they will lose and probably lose BADLY!:coffee:

Yes, and they BOTH had major players out with injuries, overlooked their opponents and were playing on the road.

Other than that..... :coffee:

What's even funnier, is you'll give the faiduhs/chefs credit for the wins, against "two of the top 5 teams in football", and yet, if one or both should beat Denver.....WE SUCK!

You continue to crack me up, cuges...... :lol:

Dortoh
11-24-2009, 11:24 AM
well if you were Whitey Bulger then you would steal the liquor store:lol:

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Original_Photo/2005/03/29/1112127558_0443.jpg

If the story interests you Read http://www.metroactive.com/papers/sonoma/05.31.01/gifs/blackmass-0122.jpg

sorry to be :offtopic: but it was set up nicely

Hold the damn phone just a second. That pic says they deliver? WTF thats awesome :eek:

KCL
11-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Yes, and they BOTH had major players out with injuries, overlooked their opponents and were playing on the road.

Other than that..... :coffee:

What's even funnier, is you'll give the faiduhs/chefs credit for the wins, against "two of the top 5 teams in football", and yet, if one or both should beat Denver.....WE SUCK!

You continue to crack me up, cuges...... :lol:

yes Troy was out but haven't we all said that injuries are part of the game.. He isn't their whole defense..KC wasn't suppose to win.

Plus the fact that our D made some good plays..Studebaker in his first start picked them off twice...For once Cassel went downfield and found a wide open Chambers to set up the FG for the win...something he hasn't been able to do much but our OL stepped up and gave him some pass protection.

Call it luck if you want but IMO the Chiefs just came out and played some good football against a good team.It wasn't an easy win by no means but they were able to tie it up when they were down 17-7..took it to OT and was able to get the win after they tied it again 24-24.

They aren't consistent at all and this was our first win against a good team as our other wins came against the Raiders and Redskins.

Hell we may not get any more wins the rest of the season but they beat the
Steelers by stepping up and playing good ball..plus we were able to run the opening kickoff back to score first..something else the Chiefs haven't done in a long time.

I find it funny that because Denver lost to them that they only lost to us for the reasons you listed.

Dortoh
11-24-2009, 12:06 PM
yes Troy was out but haven't we all said that injuries are part of the game.. He isn't their whole defense..KC wasn't suppose to win.

Plus the fact that our D made some good plays..Studebaker in his first start picked them off twice...For once Cassel went downfield and found a wide open Chambers to set up the FG for the win...something he hasn't been able to do much but our OL stepped up and gave him some pass protection.

Call it luck if you want but IMO the Chiefs just came out and played some good football against a good team.It wasn't an easy win by no means but they were able to tie it up when they were down 17-7..took it to OT and was able to get the win after they tied it again 24-24.

They aren't consistent at all and this was our first win against a good team as our other wins came against the Raiders and Redskins.

Steelers by stepping up and playing good ball..plus we were able to run the opening kickoff back to score first..something else the Chiefs haven't done in along time.

I find it funny that because Denver lost to them that they only lost to us for the reasons you listed.

And you were missing Bowe right? and just dumped dead weight LJ. Anyone who thinks we are walking into arrowhead for a picnic is in for a big wakeup slap in the face.

On the other hand in Mile High we should handle the chiefs pretty well.

rcsodak
11-24-2009, 01:04 PM

Steelers by stepping up and playing good ball..plus we were able to run the opening kickoff back to score first..something else the Chiefs haven't done in a long time.

I guess if my 3-7 team had just surprised the reigning Champions, I'd be a little giddy also.

That doesn't take away from the fact that without Troy P, they're NOT the same D! Don't take my word for it. Look at past games.

Their ST's are a sore spot this year. KC took advantage.

Their starting QB got concussed. That has nothing to do with their not moving the football?

Really, kc. At least admit that the stars were aligned in your favor.

Pitt didn't take your pathetic team seriously.

Your team took advantage of some TERRIFIC luck!

Congrats on that. :laugh:

Dortoh
11-24-2009, 01:13 PM
I guess if my 3-7 team had just surprised the reigning Champions, I'd be a little giddy also.

That doesn't take away from the fact that without Troy P, they're NOT the same D! Don't take my word for it. Look at past games.

Their starting QB got concussed. That has nothing to do with their not moving the football?

I agree that with out hairball the steelers are not as good on D but the chiefs are always tuff at home. They were without their biggest offensive weapon themselves.

Also Ben got "concussed" at the very end of the game if I heard correctly.

You realize thats the same team that spanked our asses right?

Sometimes its best to tip your hat to the enemy it makes it so much more fun when we beat that mustard and ketchup ass. The chiefs could make some noise if their Oline comes back from the dead.

IMHO of course.

KCL
11-24-2009, 01:27 PM

Giddy..call it what you want..I am happy whenever the Chiefs win after the pathetic seasons we have been having.

So with Troy in there...the Chiefs lose...is that what you think? I think it did hurt them by him not playing but we were also without Vrabel who is still a good player and Bowe as well.. our D did come up with the 2 picks...one against Ben and one against Charlie...we also stopped them on some drives forcing them to punt.

Also Ben was in the entire game and part of overtime...they were ahead 17-7 at the half... KC was able to get back into the game...tie it up twice before heading into OT.

No I don't believe anything was in our favor...also Tomlin is a good coach and I don't believe he or the players overlooked the Chiefs.Smart teams don't do that.They had every opportunity to put the game away and couldn't.

See it how you want rc...how is it the Chiefs were able to beat them and the Redskins and the Broncos couldn't?

Shazam!
11-24-2009, 11:53 PM
See it how you want rc...how is it the Chiefs were able to beat them and the Redskins and the Broncos couldn't?

Some teams just dont match up well with other teams. Especially when injuries are thrown into the mix.

KCL
11-24-2009, 11:55 PM
Some teams just dont match up well with other teams. Especially when injuries are thrown into the mix.

On any given Sunday.

Iron Horse72
11-25-2009, 01:27 AM
I said we would only win 6-7 games but after winning the first six, I thought for sure we would win nine maybe ten.

But it's clear if we lose Thursday our only wins will most likely come agaisnt KC and Jokeland.

But 8 wins would still be pretty good, we have the next 2-3 years to look forward too.

It's exciting to think about the future when you look at this team.

Hopefully McDaniels sticks around he is smart coach but surely hasn't made great decsions in the last few games.

I just don't want us to play muscial coaches, and one season wont get Josh fired.

All in all I wont give up on the season till the last whistle.

Italianmobstr7
11-25-2009, 03:38 AM
This makes me want to post in the Chiefs suck and Raiders suck threads. Believe what you want KCL but the bottom line is your team got lucky and well probably roll over you guys. You might win 4 games this year. Maybe. I doubt it though.

KCL
11-25-2009, 08:56 AM
This makes me want to post in the Chiefs suck and Raiders suck threads. Believe what you want KCL but the bottom line is your team got lucky and well probably roll over you guys. You might win 4 games this year. Maybe. I doubt it though.

whatever...if it makes some of you feel better about your loss to them...:coffee:

Go ahead and post in the Raiders and Chiefs suck thread...your team hasn't exactly been looking like a team that doesn't fit in the "suck" category.

CoachChaz
11-25-2009, 09:06 AM
I said we would only win 6-7 games but after winning the first six, I thought for sure we would win nine maybe ten.

But it's clear if we lose Thursday our only wins will most likely come agaisnt KC and Jokeland.

But 8 wins would still be pretty good, we have the next 2-3 years to look forward too.

Hopefully McDaniels sticks around he is smart coach but surely hasn't made great decsions in the last few games.

I just don't want us to play muscial coaches, and one season wont get Josh fired.

I've been saying this since March. Good luck getting many people to see it this way

Dortoh
11-25-2009, 10:37 AM

Actually we get 2 cracks at the chefs still so thats 9 wins. I'm still saying we get another one somewhere (giants tomarrow) and 10 wins gets us a playoff game where we can get our ass's handed to us but the experiance will be good.

Iron Horse72
11-25-2009, 10:51 AM
Actually we get 2 cracks at the chefs still so thats 9 wins. I'm still saying we get another one somewhere (giants tomarrow) and 10 wins gets us a playoff game where we can get our ass's handed to us but the experiance will be good.

We might get our asses handed to us in KC, so that isn't a lock.

Lonestar
11-25-2009, 11:21 AM

I think IF we are in any games that rest of the year it Gives the young team just that much more experience.. which we be good considering all the the changes..

While I applaud Josh for his win NOW policy I truly believe that he was cheer leading with that comment .. Know all the time that he was building this team for next year and beyond..

KCL
11-25-2009, 12:13 PM
We might get our asses handed to us in KC, so that isn't a lock.

yea what he said Dortoh.

:boxing:

rcsodak
11-25-2009, 12:46 PM
Giddy..call it what you want..I am happy whenever the Chiefs win after the pathetic seasons we have been having.

So with Troy in there...the Chiefs lose...is that what you think? I think it did hurt them by him not playing but we were also without Vrabel who is still a good player and Bowe as well.. our D did come up with the 2 picks...one against Ben and one against Charlie...we also stopped them on some drives forcing them to punt.

Also Ben was in the entire game and part of overtime...they were ahead 17-7 at the half... KC was able to get back into the game...tie it up twice before heading into OT.

No I don't believe anything was in our favor...also Tomlin is a good coach and I don't believe he or the players overlooked the Chiefs.Smart teams don't do that.They had every opportunity to put the game away and couldn't.

Troy played.
Wash got their heads out of their asses. ie held Dallas to 7.
Timing.

If people don't think timing has anything to do with winning/losing, they're hiding their heads in the sand. *ostrich?*

Pitt sucked earlier than they do now.
Wash sucked more earlier than they do now.
Tenn sucked earlier than they do now.
NE sucked earlier than they do now.
Balt sucked earlier than they do now.
NYG sucked after Eli got his booboo.
CAR sucked before they remembered they were a running team.

Teams have hi's/lo's, injuries *as ALL do, yes*, brainfarts, etc. Of course it's up to them to fight through them, and stay even kilter...it's also up to the other teams to take advantage.

Denver did on their 6-0 run. Other teams are now doing the same to Denver.

That's why upsets happen in the first place. That, and complacency and/or overlooking the competition.

PS. PITT is 2-3 WITHOUT Troy.

rcsodak
11-25-2009, 12:55 PM

Well, not sure of the playoffs if they win 10. Right now, there are 2 other teams *denver lost to Pitt* with the same record, and 2 more 1 game back.

Denver would have to have BETTER records than both Pitt/Bal, since they lost to them. Denver isnt' exactly behind the 8-ball.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-25-2009, 07:38 PM

Honestly, I don't think we have 2-3 years left in our defensive secondary. Champ, Dawkins, Law, Hill, and Goodman are all on the high side of 30. That leaves Smith at CB... and who? McBath, Bruton, and Barrett are good depth Safety but who knows if they're ready to step in full time? All are young and not very experienced. This means we'll be looking to the draft and FAs for new faces at CB sooner than later.

We're currently working with a patchwork front 7 that was very productive our first six games but have been exposed and pushed around in our last four. We also need to address this during the draft. DJ, Elvis, and Ayers (because he was a high pick) aren't going anywhere, but just about every other position can improve, specifically at NT (hopefully Baker can step up here next year, too).

Also, Wiegmann isn't getting any younger at Center and if we really had someone ready to step in, we probably wouldn't have re-signed him to a big contract at his age like we did.

That looks a lot like a recipe for rebuilding to me, not a team that will be very competitive 2-3 years down the road. McD gambled by bringing in a lot of older vets like Dawkins, Hill, Goodman, Davis, Holliday, Gaffney, Jordan, and Buckhalter trying to build a team that could win now like NE and some other teams have done in the past. Not really a recipe for future growth. For the 1st 6 weeks he was successful. For the last 4 weeks , I think the defense especially is starting to show it's age and wear down in the second half of games and the season.

I fear that next year we have the potential to be worse than this year when the older players are a little older and a little slower than this year.

Just my :rant:.

Superchop 7
11-25-2009, 09:24 PM
I have always been supportive of the new regime.

slim
11-25-2009, 09:24 PM

:laugh:

rcsodak
11-25-2009, 10:38 PM
Honestly, I don't think we have 2-3 years left in our defensive secondary. Champ, Dawkins, Law, Hill, and Goodman are all on the high side of 30. That leaves Smith at CB... and who? McBath, Bruton, and Barrett are good depth Safety but who knows if they're ready to step in full time? All are young and not very experienced. This means we'll be looking to the draft and FAs for new faces at CB sooner than later.

We're currently working with a patchwork front 7 that was very productive our first six games but have been exposed and pushed around in our last four. We also need to address this during the draft. DJ, Elvis, and Ayers (because he was a high pick) aren't going anywhere, but just about every other position can improve, specifically at NT (hopefully Baker can step up here next year, too).

Also, Wiegmann isn't getting any younger at Center and if we really had someone ready to step in, we probably wouldn't have re-signed him to a big contract at his age like we did.

That looks a lot like a recipe for rebuilding to me, not a team that will be very competitive 2-3 years down the road. McD gambled by bringing in a lot of older vets like Dawkins, Hill, Goodman, Davis, Holliday, Gaffney, Jordan, and Buckhalter trying to build a team that could win now like NE and some other teams have done in the past. Not really a recipe for future growth. For the 1st 6 weeks he was successful. For the last 4 weeks , I think the defense especially is starting to show it's age and wear down in the second half of games and the season.

I fear that next year we have the potential to be worse than this year when the older players are a little older and a little slower than this year.

Just my :rant:.

Don't agree, 56. D Players have even said they're not getting tired. Rather, players are starting to play as individuals, NOT as a team. They're losing their gap controls, or trying to make 'the big play'.

That's part of having all new players, I imagine.

As far as having all these 'old guys'. Tell me....

I'm reading alot of people complaining, whining about this current 4gm losing streak. Can you imagine how they'd be, if he hadn't brought in GOOD vets, and they ARE GOOD! This team would be battling KC/Oak for the cellar, with no 6gm win streak to start the season off.

How about we not throw the towels in on the rooks/1st yr players just yet. See how they PROGRESS. I know that's difficult for fans that expect perfection from day 1, but it's a necessary evil.

Not necessarily aiming this all at you either, 56....but you'll agree 'they're out there'! ;)

Shazam!
11-25-2009, 10:46 PM

You will get coal for Christmas for lying like that, dont you know?

HORSEPOWER 56
11-26-2009, 09:22 AM
Don't agree, 56. D Players have even said they're not getting tired. Rather, players are starting to play as individuals, NOT as a team. They're losing their gap controls, or trying to make 'the big play'.

That's part of having all new players, I imagine.

As far as having all these 'old guys'. Tell me....

I'm reading alot of people complaining, whining about this current 4gm losing streak. Can you imagine how they'd be, if he hadn't brought in GOOD vets, and they ARE GOOD! This team would be battling KC/Oak for the cellar, with no 6gm win streak to start the season off.

How about we not throw the towels in on the rooks/1st yr players just yet. See how they PROGRESS. I know that's difficult for fans that expect perfection from day 1, but it's a necessary evil.

Not necessarily aiming this all at you either, 56....but you'll agree 'they're out there'! ;)

I totally agree that we wouldn't have had anywhere near the success that we've had without those vets, rc. It just looks like our secondary is slowing down. They are getting abused in the second half. Dawkins still brings it and Champ is still a very sure tackler, but how many times can Dawkins get nicked up playing the way he does and still be effective or even see the field?

We use guys like Dawkins a lot in the box for run support which puts our CBs on an island a lot more that they should be. Our CBs are smart and athletic, but Champ just isn't the 4.3 speed guy he used to be. I don't know if Goodman ever was. They rely on experience and positioning to make plays, but there just aren't a lot of them being made. Even with pressure and sacks this year, we're just not seeing the INTs I'd expect with this caliber of "ball-hawking" secondary which leads me to believe that they're either a) wearing down or b) just not athletic enough to run the scheme that's there anymore.

I absolutely agree that without many of those vets, we'd be bottom dwelling with Oakland and KC. All of those vets don't give me a ton of hope for the future, though. All are bit players that make the "team" better, but almost none are real game-changers themselves. Next year, I expect those same guys' production to slip some more.

I'm definitely not giving up on the first year guys. I think Knowshon is the future. I think he's playing very well thusfar and when he gets his fumbling under control he'll be the catalyst of this offense. I just think a lot of the guys that have brought us to 6-4 won't be around much longer which leaves a lot of holes to fill. That's why I have doubts about the future.

BroncoWave
11-26-2009, 11:08 PM
**** you Clay. Take that!

LRtagger
11-26-2009, 11:15 PM
No when Clay is on the wagon we lose...he can stay a negative nancy.

MOtorboat
11-26-2009, 11:17 PM
**** you Clay. Take that!

This is your best post evah.

JONtheBRONCO
11-26-2009, 11:30 PM
Clay sucks.

slim
11-26-2009, 11:32 PM
Clay, I love you...but you asked for it.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

NightTrainLayne
11-26-2009, 11:53 PM
No when Clay is on the wagon we lose...he can stay a negative nancy.

Indeed.

Come on Clay. Tell us how that TD to Stokely was just luck. Keep being mindlessly negative. We need it. :D

MOtorboat
11-26-2009, 11:54 PM
Indeed.

Come on Clay. Tell us how that TD to Stokely was just luck. Keep being mindlessly negative. We need it. :D

Blown coverage = luck.

Come on NTL, that explanation was WAY too easy...we've heard that crap for two weeks.

I want to know how the Moreno touchdown was luck...

slim
11-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Making the playoffs is going to suck...I think. I can't really remember that far back.

Timmy!
11-27-2009, 12:03 AM
Making the playoffs is going to suck...I think. I can't really remember that far back.

Playoffs?!?! You wanna talk about Playoffs?! Playoffs!? :D

Shazam!
11-27-2009, 12:07 AM
I don't know about Playoffs, but two wins to finish 9-7 is definitely within reach now. I'll be happy with that. Heck, if they can beat the Rayduhhs and sweep KC, very winnable games, that's 10.

Where is Clay though? Dumbass.

dogfish
11-27-2009, 12:25 AM
thank god we got lucky enough to win that game!

i just hope there's enough luck left for three or four more wins. . . .

rcsodak
11-27-2009, 12:52 AM
I totally agree that we wouldn't have had anywhere near the success that we've had without those vets, rc. It just looks like our secondary is slowing down. They are getting abused in the second half. Dawkins still brings it and Champ is still a very sure tackler, but how many times can Dawkins get nicked up playing the way he does and still be effective or even see the field?

We use guys like Dawkins a lot in the box for run support which puts our CBs on an island a lot more that they should be. Our CBs are smart and athletic, but Champ just isn't the 4.3 speed guy he used to be. I don't know if Goodman ever was. They rely on experience and positioning to make plays, but there just aren't a lot of them being made. Even with pressure and sacks this year, we're just not seeing the INTs I'd expect with this caliber of "ball-hawking" secondary which leads me to believe that they're either a) wearing down or b) just not athletic enough to run the scheme that's there anymore.

I absolutely agree that without many of those vets, we'd be bottom dwelling with Oakland and KC. All of those vets don't give me a ton of hope for the future, though. All are bit players that make the "team" better, but almost none are real game-changers themselves. Next year, I expect those same guys' production to slip some more.

I'm definitely not giving up on the first year guys. I think Knowshon is the future. I think he's playing very well thusfar and when he gets his fumbling under control he'll be the catalyst of this offense. I just think a lot of the guys that have brought us to 6-4 won't be around much longer which leaves a lot of holes to fill. That's why I have doubts about the future.

Just wondering, 56, if you still feel the same way about BDawk/Champ/Goodwin after tonight's game? I realize it was just one game, but they DID have a short week, so if anything, they should have been slower, right? They were the reason for the sacks, by smothering the wr's/te's. Just like they did at the start of the season.

Honestly, I don't 'think' that McD brought these guys in for any other reason but to give the younger guys time to acclimate themselves to the NFL. And the same will be for next year. Ayers is coming on. Smith will have a year under his belt. The team will have spent a year together with the scheme/coaches. New players will be added to replace underperformers and they'll reset for another year.

Good things, I believe.

Ya gotta have faith!

rcsodak
11-27-2009, 12:57 AM
Indeed.

Or those two, long 1-armed receptions by BMarsh!

Or the int by Goodman! *should have been PI*

Or the 2 fumbles forced fumbles we were 'lucky' to recover!

Damn you, Orton!!!!!

rcsodak
11-27-2009, 12:59 AM

Not since our last 'noodle-armed' QB if I remember correctly. :confused:

Iron Horse72
11-27-2009, 11:32 PM
I was wrong, I thought we would get killed by their running game.

Defense played great and you could tell they didn't want it.

Win three out of the next five and were in the playoffs.

Shazam!
11-28-2009, 12:21 AM
Win three out of the next five and were in the playoffs.

A 10 W season in McD's first year is a complete success and something to build on for 2010. Hell, I'd settle for 9 and be totally happy with that.

Iron Horse72
11-28-2009, 12:31 AM
A 10 W season in McD's first year is a complete success and something to build on for 2010. Hell, I'd settle for 9 and be totally happy with that.

We have a pretty good chance to win in KC after how we played last night.

Then at home vs Oakland and KC should give us at least nine.

But I hate to look ahead so I'll shut the **** up.

KCL
11-28-2009, 12:58 AM

Good Idea....:lol:

HORSEPOWER 56
11-28-2009, 10:13 AM
Just wondering, 56, if you still feel the same way about BDawk/Champ/Goodwin after tonight's game? I realize it was just one game, but they DID have a short week, so if anything, they should have been slower, right? They were the reason for the sacks, by smothering the wr's/te's. Just like they did at the start of the season.

Honestly, I don't 'think' that McD brought these guys in for any other reason but to give the younger guys time to acclimate themselves to the NFL. And the same will be for next year. Ayers is coming on. Smith will have a year under his belt. The team will have spent a year together with the scheme/coaches. New players will be added to replace underperformers and they'll reset for another year.

Good things, I believe.

Ya gotta have faith!

Yes, I still do feel the same way. The Giants couldn't run the ball almost at all making them one dimensional and allowing us to pressure Eli. The Giants WRs dropped some pretty critical 3rd down passes, too. I think Steve Smith and Mario Manningham had their worst game of the season vs us. Maybe it was the secondary, but I saw both drop some wide open passes, too. The secondary isn't "done" yet, but they're definitely not in their prime. I'm a huge Champ fan and defender, but even I know he's not the same guy he was 2 or 3 years ago.

I just think the "youth movement" we've started is going to have to filter into the secondary with guys like Alphonso Smith sooner than later and there are too many variables with rebuilding a secondary like this to get too confident.

Northman
11-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Yes, I still do feel the same way. The Giants couldn't run the ball almost at all making them one dimensional and allowing us to pressure Eli. The Giants WRs dropped some pretty critical 3rd down passes, too. I think Steve Smith and Mario Manningham had their worst game of the season vs us.

Although im not going to lump you into what im about to say this is the same arguement i could make for the Broncos the 4 weeks prior to the Giants game. I just find it funny that when Denver doesnt do any of these things you stated its the Qb's fault but alas, Eli and company do it and they are having a bad week or underachieving. But i can certainly take what you just said and apply it to when we were struggling or looked like "we" didnt want it either if you get my drift.

Bozo Jr.
11-28-2009, 04:17 PM

FAIL!!!

Also I love how every time Clay, (and others), post this trash and get proven wrong over and over again, they are nowhere to be found. :rolleyes:

Iron Horse72
11-28-2009, 04:22 PM
A lot of people were and are hoping for fail, don't worry guys it's coming.

Your wish will come true ;)

dogfish
11-28-2009, 04:23 PM
FAIL!!!

Also I love how every time Clay, (and others), post this trash and get proven wrong over and over again, they are nowhere to be found. :rolleyes:

he loves orton and mcdaniels. . . .

at least until the next time we lose. . . .

Dzone
11-28-2009, 04:25 PM
so if this team can recapture what they had the first 6 games, then we might get san diego again in the playoffs. now that would be fu**ing cool.

rcsodak
11-28-2009, 09:33 PM

:confused: Which game from above are you calling a loss? They already have 7 wins.

Iron Horse72
11-28-2009, 09:45 PM
:confused: Which game from above are you calling a loss? They already have 7 wins.

I was thinking at KC where we historical don't play well.

But I jumped to far ahead, I'll just let it ride.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Although im not going to lump you into what im about to say this is the same arguement i could make for the Broncos the 4 weeks prior to the Giants game. I just find it funny that when Denver doesnt do any of these things you stated its the Qb's fault but alas, Eli and company do it and they are having a bad week or underachieving. But i can certainly take what you just said and apply it to when we were struggling or looked like "we" didnt want it either if you get my drift.

I understand completely, North. The Giants played poorly, plain and simple. They couldn't adapt to our defensive scheme and had a hard time stopping the run and pressuring Orton. Eli didn't look terrible but he wasn't very sharp, either. When he did make good throws, guys would drop them.

The big difference is, the Giants (until us) were losing, but not getting "blown out" like we were. They'd lose a lead on a late game drive (SD) not get blown out 32-3 at home. The Broncos had each of those losses locked up by the middle of the third quarter. The Giants were in most of theirs until the end. We looked like a defeated team. They looked like a team in a slump. We looked like Cleveland out there - we weren't even competitive. That's the way I saw it anyway.

Shazam!
11-28-2009, 11:58 PM
HP56, you obviously have not watched much of the NY Giants.

They got demolished against Philly, NO was moving the ball at will and IMO the score is not indicative of how badly they were beat, they virtually gave the game to SD, they flatout gave up against AZ in the 2nd half and they squeaked by Atlanta in OT and gave up tons of yards in a shootout to boot.

They are not that good, I've said this all along. They are especially weak on defense.

If the Broncos weren't on such a terrible slide I would've guaranteed the win. I should've done it anyway knowing what I do of the NYG and seeing what I have of them.

What looked like one of their tougher games looked easier to overcome as the season wore on.