PDA

View Full Version : Who starts at QB against the Giants

roomemp
11-23-2009, 08:28 AM
Who is going to be thew Starter against the Giants on Thursday? Orton came in and did all he could do, but you can tell the guy is in obvious pain. Simms is the logical choice, but since he was benched during the Chargers game, McD might have a problem going back to him. Bandstater makes some sense but not on a super short week. The guy hasn't got any real meaniful snaps since the preseason. (Last week he probably got a few though).

There doesn't appear to be a clear option against the Giants. I am assuming it will be Orton if he can go though......If not....I think Brandstater might get a shot. I think Simms might be on the outside looking in at this point.

Dirk
11-23-2009, 08:31 AM
If Orton can go, he will be the starter.

I do not like the thought of Simms starting again. I would like to see Brandstater get the nod if Orton can't go.

Brandstater couldn't be worse than Simms. :coffee:

Shazam!
11-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Brandstater couldn't be worse than Simms.

I'd rather you played than Simms.

claymore
11-23-2009, 08:37 AM
I dont think it matters.

Dr Velcro
11-23-2009, 09:02 AM
I think Simms has brain damage. Seriously.

I've never seen anything like it. Brandstater will do.

Dirk
11-23-2009, 09:03 AM
I'd rather you played than Simms.

I DO have a spleen!! :lol:

Although I don't have a gall bladder or appendix. :tsk:

UnderArmour
11-23-2009, 09:12 AM
Orton starts with Brandstater on deck.

MOtorboat
11-23-2009, 09:14 AM
The most popular person in town is always the backup, backup quarterback.

Shazam!
11-23-2009, 09:15 AM
I am available to backup Dirk if he should get hurt and Orton can't go.

claymore
11-23-2009, 09:15 AM
I think Simms has brain damage. Seriously.

I've never seen anything like it. Brandstater will do.

2nd highest paid backup in the league! :typing:

Shazam!
11-23-2009, 09:21 AM
2nd highest paid backup in the league!

Remember, it was your face firmly planted between his cheeks for the last 7 days.

Dirk
11-23-2009, 09:45 AM
I am available to backup Dirk if he should get hurt and Orton can't go.

And I would do it for league minimum!! :elefant:

claymore
11-23-2009, 09:50 AM
Remember, it was your face firmly planted between his cheeks for the last 7 days.

I was just showing him support. I wish he would have been able to match the 3 points orton threw up.

Shazam!
11-23-2009, 09:52 AM
And I would do it for league minimum!!

I'd do it for free.

I was just showing him support. I wish he would have been able to match the 3 points orton threw up

Try showing Orton a little, who went the rest of the way on a flat tire, and had NoHands Moreno held on, it would've bee na different game.

ssgtwc
11-23-2009, 09:56 AM
I'm positive it'll be Orton

But I would like to see how Brandstater would be

claymore
11-23-2009, 10:00 AM
I'd do it for free.

Try showing Orton a little, who went the rest of the way on a flat tire, and had NoHands Moreno held on, it would've bee na different game.

I do every time he plays. And believe it or not, I really like the guy.

Medford Bronco
11-23-2009, 10:09 AM
Simms should be cut today and Brandstater elevated to 2nd string.

Sign Garcia as an emergency QB. He can complete 4 yard passes and actually not hold the ball forever aka Simms

Shazam!
11-23-2009, 10:18 AM
Garcia is not available...

SOCALORADO.
11-23-2009, 10:38 AM
If Orton is really injured, or hasnt improved by THURS, then Brandstater should get the start.
Its time to see this kid, and who knows, we may be suprised.
If MCD can use his abilities correctly right away, he might prove to be the right QB for this system, and we can at least see him play.
He has a big arm, which is whats so lacking right now. He can make all the throws.
Now, i am not saying he walks in and looks like Brady, but if MCD can get the Giants defense, (which is depleted) to back off and have to play deeper, than what other teams have shown, it could open up the offense some.

The offense is stagnant because of this. No one respects any of the recievers past 15 yards. This has to stop.

Oh, and release Simms. Send a message, however trivial at this point. Theres plenty of nobodys out there that could be signed off the street and play better than he did.

Shazam!
11-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Theres plenty of nobodys out there that could be signed off the street and play better than he did.

Dirk and I are on our way to Denver as I am posting this. No worries.

SOCALORADO.
11-23-2009, 11:16 AM
Dirk and I are on our way to Denver as I am posting this. No worries.

Sweet.
Tell Chris i said "get the **** out!"

Dirk
11-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Sweet.
Tell Chris i said "get the **** out!"

First thing on the agenda! :listen:

Buff
11-23-2009, 12:53 PM
It seems like we have to cut Simms. The guy doesn't look like he can be trusted to throw a freaking pass, which is not good when that's your primary job. But his cap number might be too high for a team that already has a ton of dead money counting against the cap.

Either way, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he is not the starter Thursday night.

GEM
11-23-2009, 12:55 PM
2nd highest paid backup in the league! :typing:

Clay,

Do you get whiplash from all the wagons you jump on and off of? :confused:

NightTrainLayne
11-23-2009, 01:02 PM
It seems like we have to cut Simms. The guy doesn't look like he can be trusted to throw a freaking pass, which is not good when that's your primary job. But his cap number might be too high for a team that already has a ton of dead money counting against the cap.

Either way, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he is not the starter Thursday night.

Did we give him a big signing bonus? I don't remember.

ikillz0mbies
11-23-2009, 01:20 PM
McDaniels risked Orton for the rest of the season by throwing him out there. And he did get hit a few times. On a short week like this and McDaniels getting fire for playing Orton while injured, I don't see him starting against a very aggressive Giants defense.

While I hate to think this, Simms may very well be the man under center. I'd like to see how Brandstater does though, but knowing McDaniels, he probably thinks Simms is the best chance to win with his experience, despite his porous performance the last 2 games.

With Ryan Harris out though, I don't think Simms should be out there starting. The Chargers attacked his blind side (Polumbus) and Simms fumbled. With that in mind, I want Brandstater to start.

Go Broncos!

slim
11-23-2009, 01:22 PM
I don't understand.

Did Orton have a set-back yesterday. If he did, I didn't hear anything about it.

If not, then why wouldn't he start?

Medford Bronco
11-23-2009, 01:25 PM
I don't understand.

Did Orton have a set-back yesterday. If he did, I didn't hear anything about it.

I would be shocked to see Simms under center again ever as a Bronco

Mike
11-23-2009, 01:26 PM
I don't understand.

He was gimpy and couldn't step into his throws. Could he play? Sure, but I don't think it is a good idea.

topscribe
11-23-2009, 01:27 PM
McDaniels has already announced that Orton will start if Orton's ankle doesn't get any worse . . .

-----

Requiem / The Dagda
11-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Simms might not be the back-up we need, but anyone here who thinks they can do a better job is probably kiddin'.

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 01:33 PM
If Orton can go, he will be the starter.

I do not like the thought of Simms starting again. I would like to see Brandstater get the nod if Orton can't go.

Brandstater couldn't be worse than Simms. :coffee:

Orton has already said he didn't hurt his ankle any further. And that it felt good. He was just scared after Merriman went after it.

They're not going to have physical practices this week, but just running their plays for the game. That should limit Orton's overuse, and have him ready for the game.

If he's out, denver loses. Period.

I think it should be obvious now to even clay & co.

slim
11-23-2009, 01:34 PM
He was gimpy and couldn't step into his throws. Could he play? Sure, but I don't think it is a good idea.

But what is the alternative?

Simms = deer in headllights.

Unless he made the injury worse on Sunday, he will start against NYG.

Not really a question, IMO.

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 01:35 PM
I DO have a spleen!! :lol:

Although I don't have a gall bladder or appendix. :tsk:

Just gave away my gall bladder on friday...... :tsk:

Mike
11-23-2009, 01:35 PM
Simms should be in the unemployment line this morning.

I think Orton starts, but if he is unable then start the kid.

claymore
11-23-2009, 01:36 PM
I still dont see why Orton didnt start. Yesterday was like the twighlight zone

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 01:38 PM

Well, what's the difference?

Dead money on the caps with no Simms?

or

Dead money on the bench WITH Simms?

At least it'd open up a roster spot.

slim
11-23-2009, 01:40 PM

I agree, if he can play (and obviously he could) then he should have been starting.

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 01:44 PM
I don't understand.

No, he didn't.

But people would rather pontificate than listen to the man's own words. :cool:

ikillz0mbies
11-23-2009, 01:44 PM
But his ankle has not completely healed. If he gets injured, then he could be out even longer than he was expected to. I'd like to see Orton start, but if he injures that ankle again, he will be out even longer and the Broncos could very well miss the playoffs.

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 01:46 PM

BECAUSE EVEN YOU SAID IF HE DIDN'T PRACTICE DURING THE WEEK, HE SHOULDN'T START!!!!!!!

Ugh.

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 01:49 PM
On when he will be fully healthy

“I think I’ll be ready to go for Thursday. I’ve been getting better every day. I have been doing that, and I don’t think I had too much of a setback or anything today, which is good. (I’ll) be ready to go Thursday.”

On if he was capable of starting today’s game against San Diego

“I don’t know. We wanted to try to practice on Friday. That was the goal was to practice on Friday. I wasn’t ready to practice on Friday. I couldn’t have practiced on Friday. It would have set me back too far for today. I chose not to practice. It gave us 48 more hours to get treatment and rest, knowing that there was a possibility of playing.”

On how he felt physically after warm-ups

“I felt good enough to be able to go. That’s what I told (Head Coach) Josh (McDaniels).”

On if adrenaline helps him forget about the injury when in the game

“It helps. You don’t forget about it. It helps. Guys did a good job of protecting me. I’m just thankful I didn’t have anything to set me back even more.”

On taking snaps under center in today’s game against San Diego

“We did a little bit and did a couple play-action (passes) and did a couple passes underneath (the center), but for the most part, we knew—that was another thing. It got to the point in the game where we were going to start throwing it more, not doing some of the game plan stuff that we had talked about all week. That gave me a chance to go in and just sit in the shotgun to throw the ball.”

On his attitude following today’s loss to San Diego

“I’m done feeling the loss. I’m sick of it, and I know everybody else is. It’s been a long time since we’ve won, so let’s get back on the field and win a game. That’s all we are talking about from here on out is just winning.”

You're welcome! Sheeeesh.

GEM
11-23-2009, 01:52 PM

Well when you have a history of ankle problems and you injure that ankle and you are paying a backup $3Mil, you kind of expect that the backup can actually play. Perfect scenario would have been Orton is able to take the time off, get to 100% and Simms plays his role well. Unfortunately didn't happen that way.

weazel
11-23-2009, 01:54 PM
who starts Thursday?

I say Plummer! unless he has a handball game that night... :noidea:

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 01:55 PM
But his ankle has not completely healed. If he gets injured, then he could be out even longer than he was expected to. I'd like to see Orton start, but if he injures that ankle again, he will be out even longer and the Broncos could very well miss the playoffs.

Well, really.....

...would that be SO bad? To miss the playoffs?

What, exactly, would they garner from a playoff game? More humility? ;)

claymore
11-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Well when you have a history of ankle problems and you injure that ankle and you are paying a backup $3Mil, you kind of expect that the backup can actually play. Perfect scenario would have been Orton is able to take the time off, get to 100% and Simms plays his role well. Unfortunately didn't happen that way.

Well he should have left simms in. Simms might not have been able to fill in Orton's shoes and score those 3 points, but at least Orton's ankle would have got more rest.

Dr Velcro
11-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Bring him home....

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/JUPLLPOD/048C0304LL~Lumberjack-with-Axe-Posters.jpg

Mike
11-23-2009, 01:59 PM
Well he should have left simms in. Simms might not have been able to fill in Orton's shoes and score those 3 points, but at least Orton's ankle would have got more rest.

Give it a freaking rest.

rcsodak

When, exactly, does an injury become a "history of....problems"?

He hurt his RIGHT ankle last year.

Last week he hurt his LEFT ankle.

Over 5yrs...... :confused:

Are we now going to start hearing him being called a "journeyman qb" since he's on his 2nd team?

GEM

Clay you did see the game right? Simms couldn't move the ball, AT ALL. Orton did come in and move the ball down the field pretty much at ease.

:yardog: You pick and choose your scenarios as they suit your argument.

slim
11-23-2009, 02:01 PM
Clay you did see the game right? Simms couldn't move the ball, AT ALL. Orton did come in and move the ball down the field pretty much at ease.

That's what trolls do :listen:

GEM
11-23-2009, 02:02 PM
When, exactly, does an injury become a "history of....problems"?

He hurt his RIGHT ankle last year.

Last week he hurt his LEFT ankle.

Over 5yrs...... :confused:

Are we now going to start hearing him being called a "journeyman qb" since he's on his 2nd team?

History means it happened at least once. Both legs got tangled on that play where he got hurt. His left got the worst of it. Is that specific enough for you?

Lonestar
11-23-2009, 02:03 PM
I do every time he plays. And believe it or not, I really like the guy.

and pigs can fly, I'm reporting this as pure BE..:laugh:

Clay,

Do you get whiplash from all the wagons you jump on and off of? :confused:

maybe just a concussion or two..

Well when you have a history of ankle problems and you injure that ankle and you are paying a backup $3mil, you kind of expect that the backup can actually play. Perfect scenario would have been Orton is able to take the time off, get to 100% and Simms plays his role well. Unfortunately didn't happen that way.

one would think for 3 mil we would get something other than a jack rabbit in the headlights look.. road kill.....

no wonder we had opened the game with him handing off to RB's...

IIRC his first pass attempt was a fumble/strip..

would have loved to have heard Josh's comment at the time on that one, would have been nice to see him mic'd up on that one.. ..

claymore
11-23-2009, 02:03 PM
Give it a freaking rest.

Orton didnt do much better than Simms get off his nuts. 15-29 171 yards and an interception.

Simms got what 2 series? And he produced 3 points less than Orton.

GEM
11-23-2009, 02:06 PM
Orton didnt do much better than Simms get off his nuts. 15-29 171 yards and an interception.

Clay....what were your expectations for this season?

Medford Bronco
11-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Well, what's the difference?

Dead money on the caps with no Simms?

or

Dead money on the bench WITH Simms?

At least it'd open up a roster spot.

More like Dead brain the unsurenes of him
He takes like 20 years to get rid of the ball:tsk:

Buff
11-23-2009, 02:09 PM

Say what you will about Orton, but Simms got pulled because he was overmatched, overwhelmed and ineffective. In 2 and a half quarters the only thing he proved was that the speed of the game is too much for him to handle.

We had to play Orton because putting in a rookie in the biggest game of the season with a 10 point deficit is essentially telling the rest of the team that you surrender.

That's why I think you have to cut Simms... If you can't even trust him to drop back and throw a pass, what's the point in keeping him around?

claymore
11-23-2009, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by GEM
Clay,

Do you get whiplash from all the wagons you jump on and off of?
I said from the start I hoped I was wrong about McDaniels and our team. It took a 6 game winning streak to make me change my mind. Then we began a 4 game losing streak, and have been utterly embarresed 3 times.

I dont know why you guys support losing or think its ok.

Gem, he was 15of 29 for 171 yards and an interception. Your expectations must have really dropped. That isnt good, it isnt even mediocre. It is bad.

KCL
11-23-2009, 02:10 PM
Simms should be cut today and Brandstater elevated to 2nd string.

Sign Garcia as an emergency QB. He can complete 4 yard passes and actually not hold the ball forever aka Simms

Garcia...you're going to get chop going again with a new thread...who the hell else is out there besides him? I mean veteran players...and Med...you did mention Vinnie..;)

Northman
11-23-2009, 02:11 PM
You stick with Orton until he cant walk. Put Brandy as a backup and Simms can sit at home.

weazel
11-23-2009, 02:13 PM
More like Dead brain the unsurenes of him
He takes like 20 years to get rid of the ball:tsk:

plus they would save money on video editing. I hear when they watch game film they have to speed up the video so it looks like Simms' arm is moving at a normal speed.

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 02:14 PM
History means it happened at least once. Both legs got tangled on that play where he got hurt. His left got the worst of it. Is that specific enough for you?
Honestly? NO.

"a history of injuries"....equals "injury-prone" in sports...equals fragile...."glass-player".

Big Ben's got another concussion, by the looks of it. I'd call that a history, far worse than a couple injured ankles. Ask Trent Green.

REAL INJURY PRONE ATHLETES:
Ken Griffey Jr.....
Yao Ming
Grant Hill
Brian Westbrook
Donovan McNabb (until recently)
Tracy McGrady

Let's not over-exaggerate his injury, or history, thereof, k?

claymore
11-23-2009, 02:14 PM
Clay....what were your expectations for this season?
9-7

Say what you will about Orton, but Simms got pulled because he was overmatched, overwhelmed and ineffective. In 2 and a half quarters the only thing he proved was that the speed of the game is too much for him to handle.

We had to play Orton because putting in a rookie in the biggest game of the season with a 10 point deficit is essentially telling the rest of the team that you surrender.

That's why I think you have to cut Simms... If you can't even trust him to drop back and throw a pass, what's the point in keeping him around?

Orton is Better QB, and he is a far better QB. A much better QB than Chris Simms who only put up 3 points.

So it isnt saying much.

I agree with cutting Simms. What a waste of money.

BCJ
11-23-2009, 02:33 PM
If orton didnt hurt himself anymore by playing on Sunday, he will go Thursday. Not only does Simms struggle but we have a weak player guarding him on his weak side. Ryan Harris needs to come back pronto regardless of who is the QB.

GEM
11-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Honestly? NO.

"a history of injuries"....equals "injury-prone" in sports...equals fragile...."glass-player".

Big Ben's got another concussion, by the looks of it. I'd call that a history, far worse than a couple injured ankles. Ask Trent Green.

Ken Griffey Jr.....
Yao Ming
Grant Hill
Brian Westbrook
Tracy McGrady

You've taken my post and blown it up into something it wasn't. The point of my post, should you decide to go back and reread it was that for the money they are paying Simms, he should have been able to come in and do a job. Orton should have been allowed to let the ankle injury heal. He has had a previous ankle injury and now he has another one...that is a history of ankle problems, which is the exact terminology I used. SO get stuck on a couple words when it wasn't even the point of the post.

claymore
11-23-2009, 02:39 PM
You've taken my post and blown it up into something it wasn't. The point of my post, should you decide to go back and reread it was that for the money they are paying Simms, he should have been able to come in and do a job. Orton should have been allowed to let the ankle injury heal. He has had a previous ankle injury and now he has another one...that is a history of ankle problems, which is the exact terminology I used. SO get stuck on a couple words when it wasn't even the point of the post.

Great Job being PC. Im sure rcsodak appreciates it. ;)

GEM
11-23-2009, 02:39 PM
I said from the start I hoped I was wrong about McDaniels and our team. It took a 6 game winning streak to make me change my mind. Then we began a 4 game losing streak, and have been utterly embarresed 3 times.

I dont know why you guys support losing or think its ok.

Gem, he was 15of 29 for 171 yards and an interception. Your expectations must have really dropped. That isnt good, it isnt even mediocre. It is bad.

Losing is not ok, but with all the changes that were made in the offseason, the start of this season was a gift. We'll grow, we'll learn and hopefully with some better talent added through FA and the next draft we'll win.

Orton's numbers were good when you look at what it did to the guys around him when he got in. With Orton in the game, you have a chance.

For all of your hammering of Orton, you fail to admit that we're the same as we were last year. All the yardage in the world doesn't mean anything if you turn the ball over, it doesn't mean anything if you don't win. We're better on one side of the ball and worse on the other. Same as last year, just sides are switched.

Traveler
11-23-2009, 02:44 PM
Simms, as much as I hate to admit it, gets another chance.

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 02:48 PM

Well, gem, I saw your Mislabeling Orton as injury prone. That's a touchy subject when you refer to athletes as such. Just be more careful with your 'diagnosing' and all will be fine.

Well when you have a history of ankle problems and you injure that ankle You not only started your post out with that sentence, but you made it out to be the same ankle, no less.

GEM
11-23-2009, 02:48 PM
Great Job being PC. Im sure rcsodak appreciates it. ;)

Someone has to do it. Though this cold has me in a rotten mood today.

GEM
11-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Well, gem, I saw your Mislabeling Orton as injury prone. That's a touchy subject when you refer to athletes as such. Just be more careful with your 'diagnosing' and all will be fine.

You not only started your post out with that sentence, but you made it out to be the same ankle, no less.

Thanks dad! :salute:

Dr Velcro
11-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Honestly? NO.

Ken Griffey Jr.....
Yao Ming
Grant Hill
Brian Westbrook
Tracy McGrady

I think you are trying to pick GEM apart, it's personal and goes far beyond that of this subject.

She's female...she knows football and she's a mod.

I think that bothers you.

I think you should make your own points instead of trying to blow-out another person's points....especially because it's GEM.

I see what you're doing. :2thumbsdown:

rcsodak
Thanks dad! :salute:

Percocet....it's the way to go........;)

claymore
Losing is not ok, but with all the changes that were made in the offseason, the start of this season was a gift. We'll grow, we'll learn and hopefully with some better talent added through FA and the next draft we'll win.

Orton's numbers were good when you look at what it did to the guys around him when he got in. With Orton in the game, you have a chance.

For all of your hammering of Orton, you fail to admit that we're the same as we were last year. All the yardage in the world doesn't mean anything if you turn the ball over, it doesn't mean anything if you don't win. We're better on one side of the ball and worse on the other. Same as last year, just sides are switched.

On Paper we are worse. I am taking 4 of our wins with a grain of salt. Its just my opinion, but 3 of those games were won on sheer luck.

:flame:

Oh, and cheer up!

Dr Velcro
11-23-2009, 02:56 PM

Jesus H. Christ.....

:coffee:

GEM
11-23-2009, 02:58 PM
On Paper we are worse. I am taking 4 of our wins with a grain of salt. Its just my opinion, but 3 of those games were won on sheer luck.

:flame:

Oh, and cheer up!

It's easier for your argument if you call those wins luck. Luck happens once in a while, not 4 games straight in the NFL. ;)

Magnificent Seven
11-23-2009, 02:58 PM
I think Simms will be cut after this season. Hopefully, they get veteran QB or better QB.

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 03:00 PM
I think you are trying to pick GEM apart, it's personal and goes far beyond that of this subject.

She's female...she knows football and she's a mod.

I think that bothers you.

I think you should make your own points instead of trying to blow-out another person's points....especially because it's GEM.

I see what you're doing. :2thumbsdown:

I think you should spend more time on your own team's forum.

In case you don't know, GEM has a voice, and is very well versed in the art of debate. If GEM had a problem with me, she'd let me know.

I just think you're pissed because the buck in my avy is bigger than the doe you're aiming at in yours. :cool:

GEM
11-23-2009, 03:00 PM

Don't do narcotics. Part of the whole sober living thing.

claymore
11-23-2009, 03:01 PM
It's easier for your argument if you call those wins luck. Luck happens once in a while, not 4 games straight in the NFL. ;)

It wasnt 4 games straight! 2 legitimate wins were thrown in there!

Magnificent Seven
11-23-2009, 03:01 PM
Keep your head up. Broncos are in re-building mode and they are still testing. Preparing for Season 2010.

GEM
11-23-2009, 03:02 PM

In case you don't know, GEM has a voice, and is very well versed in the art of debate. If GEM had a problem with me, she'd let me know.

I just think you're pissed because the buck in my avy is bigger than the doe you're aiming at in yours. :cool:

I think you have nitpicked my posts to death the last few days, dunno why, don't really care.

Dr. V doesn't need to spend her time on any other forum unless she chooses to and I hope she doesn't, but that's just me being selfish cause I like her here.

GEM
11-23-2009, 03:03 PM
It wasnt 4 games straight! 2 legitimate wins were thrown in there!

Ohhh well that changes EVERYTHING. :laugh:

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Don't do narcotics. Part of the whole sober living thing.
Post surgery perks, GEM......

I think your little buddy could use a bottle.

claymore
11-23-2009, 03:05 PM
I think you have nitpicked my posts to death the last few days, dunno why, don't really care.

Dr. V doesn't need to spend her time on any other forum unless she chooses to and I hope she doesn't, but that's just me being selfish cause I like her here.
LOVE DOC!

Ohhh well that changes EVERYTHING. :laugh:

Now I look like a genius.

GEM
11-23-2009, 03:07 PM
Post surgery perks, GEM......

I think your little buddy could use a bottle.

WTF is that supposed to mean. Post surgery, who the hell had surgery? You've been on my ass because I used "Christ sakes" in a post. Get over it. Report it. Do what you need to do, but before you do, take a step off your pedestal and realize how many rules YOU break.

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 03:09 PM

So picking a post that argues against my POV and breaking it down as to WHY it's different is now called "nitpicking"?

Thanks for the advice. ;)

And the last time I was 'ganged' up on by 2 women was.....

....well.....

Thanks for the advice. :D

claymore
11-23-2009, 03:11 PM
So picking a post that argues against my POV and breaking it down as to WHY it's different is now called "nitpicking"?

....well.....

Your last papscmere?

GEM
11-23-2009, 03:11 PM

....well.....

You've done it on a couple of occasions today and it started the minute I used Christ Sakes in a post. So you were offended....I'm offended that I have to read your political signature every time you post. Whatever.

Dr Velcro
11-23-2009, 03:20 PM

Who says I'm aiming at a DOE? Or even a deer for that matter?

I'm sniping.

And I'll play on any forums I choose! This means I shall follow you around sir and poke fun at your crappy 8 pointer :lol:

I've proven myself worthy of this place. I am loved here.

I bet you couldn't even field dress a rat.

Squirrel season is August, right? Go back to that before you end up hurting somebody out there.

:P

claymore
11-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Who says I'm aiming at a DOE? Or even a deer for that matter?

I'm sniping.

And I'll play on any forums I choose! This means I shall follow you around sir and poke fun at your crappy 8 pointer :lol:

I've proven myself worthy of this place. I am loved here.

I bet you couldn't even field dress a rat.

Squirrel season is August, right? Go back to that before you end up hurting somebody out there.

:P

Post pics of your boobs, that will show him! Women power!!!!!!

Mike
11-23-2009, 03:24 PM
Back on topic please...whatever that might have been. ;)

KCL
11-23-2009, 03:26 PM
rc..are you starting shit again?

I got that from you last night about posting on another team's forum...
remember my thread when you called me a troll...:coffee:

Dr Velcro
11-23-2009, 03:29 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rofl:

I can't deal.....oh Goodness. This is fun.

Anyhoo...

It would be wise to use Brandstater. I'm wondering if they've been working with him in practice. There has to be something going on there....

Personally, I thought he looked good.

KCL
11-23-2009, 03:33 PM
ok...back on topic...

I watched the game last night and yea Simms was horrible...Not sure if the pass protection was as good as it had been earlier in the season...but if he is going to be your starter against the Giants...then I'd say maybe handing off might be the best option..course you cannot hand off on every play...but maybe
bring the D up on some run plays...then try to pass the ball..:whoknows:

Dr Velcro
11-23-2009, 03:34 PM
:lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol:

Really, compared to Simms, Orton does play witha lot of heart and his short throws have a lot of zip on them. He's gotten better at trusting the other guys besides Gaffney.

Orton is growing on me a bit. I'm just not sure he'd be what you guys needed, even with the bit of progress he's made.

GEM
11-23-2009, 03:35 PM
ok...back on topic...

I watched the game last night and yea Simms was horrible...Not sure if the pass protection was as good as it had been earlier in the season...but if he is going to be your starter against the Giants...then I'd say maybe handing off might be the best option..course you cannot hand off on every play...but maybe
bring the D up on some run plays...then try to pass the ball..:whoknows:

That is what upset me yesterday. The running game was working on that opening drive. If we would have stuck to that, we could have gotten that first score. It's once Simms went back to pass that the trouble started.

claymore
11-23-2009, 03:36 PM
:lol: :rofl: :lol: :rolf: :lol: :rofl: :lol:

Really, compared to Simms, Orton does play witha lot of heart and his short throws have a lot of zip on them. He's gotten better at trusting the other guys besides Gaffney.

Orton is growing on me a bit. I'm just not sure he'd be what you guys needed, even with the bit of progress he's made.

The problem is that Simms sucked so bad people looked forward to Orton playing again.

Dr Velcro
11-23-2009, 03:37 PM
That is what upset me yesterday. The running game was working on that opening drive. If we would have stuck to that, we could have gotten that first score. It's once Simms went back to pass that the trouble started.

I agree. The run looked better. It was working.

KCL
11-23-2009, 03:42 PM

So no pass protection at all or was it that SD's D was just too fired up..something has changed for sure...I haven't watched all of Denver's game...don't get them all in KC but I did see the first game between you all and last night Denver looked like a totally different team out there.

Dr Velcro
11-23-2009, 03:44 PM
So no pass protection at all or was it that SD's D was just too fired up..something has changed for sure...I haven't watched all of Denver's game...don't get them all in KC but I did see the first game between you all and last night Denver looked like a totally different team out there.

Yeah! Right after the bye!
Something is wrong outside the whole Orton deal.

KCL
11-23-2009, 03:51 PM
rc..are you starting shit again?

I got that from you last night about posting on another team's forum...
remember my thread when you called me a troll...:coffee:

okay..to be fair to rc...he wasn't the only one who called me a troll in my thread...bad timing
after the loss I guess...I wasn't trolling...I have been posting with you rc for a very long time and half the time I can't tell if you're joking or not....;)