PDA

View Full Version : Tempers flare on Broncos' sideline

KCL
11-22-2009, 09:36 PM
Was that Marshall and Moreno that got into it on the sidelines? I think it was after Moreno fumbled in the EZ? I saw that and was thinking WTF? What the hell happened? If anyone cares to answer.

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 09:38 PM
Troll.

BroncoBJ
11-22-2009, 09:38 PM
Troll.

KCL
11-22-2009, 09:40 PM
Oh good lord...did they not get into it? Just asking what the hell happened?
If you can't answer then don't post...if I was trying to troll..I would have posted this in the smack forum.

honz
11-22-2009, 09:50 PM
Troll.

rcsodak
11-22-2009, 09:57 PM
If you can't answer then don't post...if I was trying to troll..I would have posted this in the smack forum.

Figure it out on your own, troll!

And get back to your kitchen!

Peerless
11-22-2009, 10:00 PM
Moreno planted a McDonald's wrapper that Marshall slipped on to hide the impact of his RZ fumble.

Troll.

champbronc2
......... It happened. Not a troll..

And I'm curious as well.

Denver Native (Carol)

You ask a question that deserves an answer. Vic talked with both players after the game, and it was in the heat of the moment - they are both fine.

Coach McD also addressed it in his post game talk, and he said things like that happen on the sidelines in many games, by many teams. He said it was just frustration at the moment, and he talked with both players.

Shazam!
11-22-2009, 10:02 PM
Right now the Broncos need frustrated players.

KCL
11-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Figure it out on your own, troll!

And get back to your kitchen!

FO rc...I guess I will put you in the same class as the other Bronco ass fans that posted in here too...:lol:

And if I wanted to be a troll..I could say that damn the Broncos looked like shit today and even though the Chiefs suck..we beat 2 of the teams that made your team look like crap.

You guys are on a downward spiral and have let SD get ahead of you all again..and damn I thought the Chiefs sucked.

There now I have became a troll in my own thread...LMAO at your team.

EDIT-this isn't directed at the ones who posted something sensible.

Dman444
11-22-2009, 10:04 PM
FO rc...I guess I will put you in the same class as the other Bronco ass fans that posted in here too...:lol:

And if I wanted to be a troll..I could say that damn the Broncos looked like shit today and even though the Chiefs suck..we beat 2 of the teams that made your team look like crap.

You guys are on a downward spiral and have let SD get ahead of you all again..and damn I thought the Chiefs sucked.

There now I have became a troll in my own thread...LMAO at your team.

Dude, they're just messing with you.

topscribe
11-22-2009, 10:05 PM
You ask a question that deserves an answer. Vic talked with both players after the game, and it was in the heat of the moment - they are both fine.

Coach McD also addressed it in his post game talk, and he said things like that happen on the sidelines in many games, by many teams. He said it was just frustration at the moment, and he talked with both players.

That was an honest question by KCL, and she deserved to be answered with respect.

I might have known you would provide it. Two classy ladies. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

topscribe
11-22-2009, 10:05 PM

Dude's a lady . . .

-----

KCL
11-22-2009, 10:08 PM

No problem..been posting with some of these people for years...:D

CraigHwk
11-22-2009, 10:27 PM
I thought it was a valid question. I heard them talking about it on 104.3 after the game and I was curious as to what happened.

Lonestar
11-22-2009, 10:47 PM
seems to be a recurring trend..

lets hope that Marshall's frustration does not boils out on the field this next week..

Ravage!!!
11-22-2009, 10:50 PM
first time I've seen it. How is it 'recurring'?

topscribe
11-22-2009, 10:52 PM

Penalty for spiking the ball in an earlier game.
Punting the ball away from the ball boys.

It's happened . . .

-----

Peerless
Shit.

Lonestar

his ability to get into "situations" is recurring.. please.........

BroncoBJ
seems to be a recurring trend..

lets hope that Marshall's frustration does not boils out on the field this next week..

Lets hope hes so frustrated that he torches the Giants for 200 yards and 4 TD's in a Broncos win. :salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
11-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Marshall talks about it - he is not hiding anything:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=291122007

Orton quickly drove the Broncos 60 yards on three completions. But on first-and-goal at the 4, rookie running back Knowshon Moreno fumbled away the ball and the game when left guard Russ Hochstein slipped and jarred the ball loose with his knee.

While the Chargers celebrated Gregory's recovery in the end zone, the Broncos let their frustrations get the better of them. Wide receiver Brandon Marshall got in Moreno's face and Moreno responded with a two-handed shove -- the most fight the Broncos showed all afternoon.

"Those are plays that, um, kind of kill drives. We've just got to punch it in next time," said Marshall, who called this "the most frustrating game I've ever played in."

Although Moreno, who took the blame for trying to reach the ball over the goal line on first down, brushed off the sideline spat as a heat-of-the-moment thing, Marshall said he wasn't sorry.

"I don't regret anything. This is a playoff game. There were guys on the sideline that weren't angry, who didn't have a lot of emotion, then they need to look themselves in the mirror. This is a game where you've got to have it. None of us can make any terrible plays," he said.

Marshall grew agitated when a reporter pointed out that his own teammate appeared to cause the fumble and asked if he would have berated Moreno had he known that.

"I'm not sure, I didn't see the play. That single play didn't beat us. I don't know what you're trying to accomplish here, but it's not Knowshon's fault, not one guy's fault," Marshall said. "We lost as a team. If I drop a ball, if I make a huge mistake, I expect guys to get on me. But you've got to know how to approach every guy. It's different for every guy. Maybe I handled it wrong, but we'll see."

Ravage!!!
11-22-2009, 10:55 PM

It's happened . . .

-----

Spiking the ball isn't out of anger.... and the ball boys wasn't in a game or at his teammates.

LOTS of players have been penalized for spiking a ball after dropping or missing a pass. I'll have to save the 'recurring' theme for when I actually see Marshall getting into it with teammates more than an isolated case.

topscribe
11-22-2009, 10:57 PM
Spiking the ball isn't out of anger.... and the ball boys wasn't in a game or at his teammates.

LOTS of players have been penalized for spiking a ball after dropping or missing a pass. I'll have to save the 'recurring' theme for when I actually see Marshall getting into it with teammates more than an isolated case.

Rav, Marshall was angry when he spiked the ball.

And the punting exhibition was a spate of anger.

You just wanted to know where it might have happened before, and I provided a couple examples.

Has reason gone south on this board?

Wow.

-----

KCL
11-22-2009, 10:59 PM
I know that was a tough game for you fans to watch..I have always given Denver props...hence my thread in this forum..next week we play SD in SD...they're a strong team...it's going to be ugly for the Chiefs..they gave us a ass kicking in KC...I almost hate to watch the game.

Peerless
11-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Broncomaniacs are becoming...emo.

BroncoBJ
11-22-2009, 11:01 PM
I know that was a tough game for you fans to watch..I have always given Denver props...hence my thread in this forum..next week we play SD in SD...they're a strong team...it's going to be ugly for the Chiefs..they gave us a ass kicking in KC...I almost hate to watch the game.

Just beat them. Then you can troll all you want. :lol: :salute: :elefant:

topscribe
11-22-2009, 11:01 PM

Crap, it's got Denver fans going at each other on this board!!

This is a dangerous place tonight! :look:

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
11-22-2009, 11:16 PM

-----

Nothing new - happens all the time after a loss :tsk:

KCL
11-22-2009, 11:17 PM
Just beat them. Then you can troll all you want. :lol: :salute: :elefant:

Shit I didn't expect the Chiefs to win today...I sure as hell don't think they'll win next week.

And yea you all made me troll this thread...but I spoke the truth...it wasn't smack..it was the truth...:lol:

KCL
11-22-2009, 11:18 PM

-----

Nothing new - happens all the time after a loss :tsk:

Is it just me or does it seem worse tonight? Must have something to do
with Phyllis...:laugh:

topscribe
11-22-2009, 11:21 PM

Now you're pissing me off!! :mad:

-----

KCL
11-22-2009, 11:25 PM
Now you're pissing me off!! :mad:

-----

It's what I do baby...;)

topscribe
11-22-2009, 11:27 PM
It's what I do baby...;)

Now you sound like my wife! :fight:

-----

Lonestar
11-22-2009, 11:27 PM

lots of folks do not want to admit this kid is a good QB and he has lots of BIG weapons to throw to.. 4 or 5 receivers at 6-4 plus .. has one of the HOF RB's and a HUGE OLINE.. and their D is pretty good also.. in spite of Norv the have alot of talent..

he owns this team.. no one wants to believe it..

KCL
11-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Now you sound like my wife! :fight:

-----

Now you're acting like my husband....:eek:

topscribe
11-22-2009, 11:31 PM
Now you're acting like my husband....:eek:

I think we're made for each other, KCL.

Trouble is, I can't afford the alimony, so I guess it'll never happen . . .

-----

Timmy!
11-22-2009, 11:32 PM
That Jay Cutler is such a franchise QB. :4-6:

KCL
11-22-2009, 11:34 PM
lots of folks do not want to admit this kid is a good QB and he has lots of BIG weapons to throw to.. 4 or 5 receivers at 6-4 plus .. has one of the HOF RB's and a HUGE OLINE.. and their D is pretty good also.. in spite of Norv the have alot of talent..

They own the Chiefs also..we lost to them both times last season by a point in each game..then this season..they came to Arrowhead and kicked our ass.

Like I stated earlier...they are a strong team.But they are also like the Chiefs...well like the Chiefs use to be...win it all during the season and choke in the playoffs.

If they're going to win the division for this year which would make what? 4 years in a row..I wish they would take it all the way and get it over with.

It's time for the AFCW to win the SB again...I know alot of people don't want them to win the SB but it wouldn't bother me.

KCL
11-22-2009, 11:36 PM
That Jay Cutler is such a franchise QB. :4-6:

wrong thread....:lol: But hey what's another Cutler thread...:D

Timmy!
11-22-2009, 11:36 PM
wrong thread....:lol: But hey what's another Cutler thread...:D

I call bullshit. You posted the word "baby."

:D

KCL
11-22-2009, 11:37 PM
I think we're made for each other, KCL.

Trouble is, I can't afford the alimony, so I guess it'll never happen . . .

-----

No..you're a Broncos fan and I'm a Chiefs fan...it would never work...:lol:

topscribe
11-22-2009, 11:38 PM

You know, if it weren't for that regrettable flaw, you would be perfect . . . :nod:

-----

Timmy!
11-22-2009, 11:38 PM

:angrysex:

Denver Native (Carol)
11-22-2009, 11:39 PM

He didn't own this team earlier this year. It probably is not too hard for any team to beat a team who starts their backup quarterback, and has to replace him early in the game with their injured starting quarterback, and lose their most inspirational player on defense.

rcsodak
11-22-2009, 11:40 PM

It's happened . . .

-----

Except this time it was to knock some sense into the rook's noggin'! And I was glad BMarsh got in his face, too. It seemed to wake Moreno up. And after his long run, the first person to give him a 'hell-yea!', WAS BMarsh!

Nothing wrong with lighting a fire in someone's ass, now-n-again.

Lonestar
11-22-2009, 11:45 PM
He didn't own this team earlier this year. It probably is not too hard for any team to beat a team who starts their backup quarterback, and has to replace him early in the game with their injured starting quarterback, and lose their most inspirational player on defense.

we played out of our mind in that game and won but this SAN team is a slow starter and IIRC have won like 40 games and lost 5 in the last half of their season the past 4 or 5 years..

if we would have played them later in the year there is little doubt in my mind they would have beat us.. they are loaded with talent and he is a damned fine QB.. as much as I hate to believe it they are good.. but will choke again in the playoffs.:laugh: and that is on the coach..:salute:

rcsodak
11-22-2009, 11:45 PM
It's what I do baby...;)

Yep. You're very good at that, aren't you. :coffee:

KCL
11-22-2009, 11:47 PM
Except this time it was to knock some sense into the rook's noggin'! And I was glad BMarsh got in his face, too. It seemed to wake Moreno up. And after his long run, the first person to give him a 'hell-yea!', WAS BMarsh!

Nothing wrong with lighting a fire in someone's ass, now-n-again.

TROLL...:coffee:

KCL
11-22-2009, 11:48 PM
Yep. You're very good at that, aren't you. :coffee:

Yea and so are you! Need I say more? :coffee:

rcsodak
11-22-2009, 11:50 PM
TROLL...:coffee:

Hmmmm..

...coming from an AFCW opponent on our team's forum.

:gurls:

sneakers
11-22-2009, 11:50 PM
I liked this thread better when everyone was calling KC Lady a troll. :lol:

rcsodak
11-22-2009, 11:54 PM

Who said she wasn't? :cool:

KCL
11-22-2009, 11:55 PM
Hmmmm..

...coming from an AFCW opponent on our team's forum.

:gurls:

well if the shoe fits...:coffee:

KCL
11-22-2009, 11:57 PM

I did too Sneakers...so go ahead and call me one so rc will be happy.

Timmy!
11-23-2009, 12:06 AM
:epoon:

KCL
11-23-2009, 12:09 AM
:epoon:

Timmy..what does that mean? Is that another form of angry sex? :lol:

Timmy!
11-23-2009, 12:12 AM
Timmy..what does that mean? Is that another form of angry sex? :lol:

Oh good lord.

:exhibit A:

KCL
11-23-2009, 12:14 AM
Oh good lord.

:exhibit A:

Let's talk about Jay...:lol:

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 12:33 AM
well if the shoe fits...:coffee:

Glad you high5'd yourself, because only you would make sense out of that post. :elefant:

Broncoboy
11-23-2009, 12:35 AM
Kinda surprised they didn't reverse the fumble call on Moreno.
Lineman knee was in the EZ which caused the fumble.

KCL
11-23-2009, 12:36 AM
Glad you high5'd yourself, because only you would make sense out of that post. :elefant:

It makes perfect sense and you know it...I know you well enough...:elefant:

oops...I did it again...:lol:

KCL
11-23-2009, 12:38 AM
Kinda surprised they didn't reverse the fumble call on Moreno.
Lineman knee was in the EZ which caused the fumble.

You know I thought that was a shitty call by the refs but as we all know..they rarely reverse a call that they have made.

EDIT-I spelled a word wrong...forgive me rc.

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 12:52 AM
You know I thought that was a shitty call by the refs but as we all know..they rarely reserve a call that they have made.

Dyslexic much? :cool:

KCL
11-23-2009, 12:55 AM
Dyslexic much? :cool:

what was that troll? Oh I spelled a word wrong..let me fix that...:elefant:

NameUsedBefore
11-23-2009, 01:05 AM
Who is this troll and why does she have so many posts?

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 01:06 AM
what was that troll? Oh I spelled a word wrong..let me fix that...:elefant:

Trolls are bad enough!

But dyslexic ones?

Unforgivable.
:coffee:

KCL
11-23-2009, 01:09 AM
Trolls are bad enough!

But dyslexic ones?

Unforgivable.
:coffee:

Don't worry...hopefully one day you'll forgive yourself...now rc..run along now and stop highjacking my thread...don't you have some pain pills to take...please take them soon cause you're becoming a pain in my ass...:lol:

Oh I really must high5 myself again! :beer:

Requiem / The Dagda
11-23-2009, 01:17 AM
Why would he need pain pills KC Wtf. What is goin on in this thread? Moreno and Marshall are pals. McD said so.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
11-23-2009, 01:22 AM
Don't worry...hopefully one day you'll forgive yourself...now rc..run along now and stop highjacking my thread...don't you have some pain pills to take...please take them soon cause you're becoming a pain in my ass...:lol:

Oh I really must high5 myself again! :beer:

I'm glad to see you bunch of trolls and lovebirds are rebounding from our 4th consecutive ass-kicking quickly enough to come on here and e-hump each other, all i have to say is that fumble was a BULLSHIT Call, and a good team overcomes bullshit calls. Where the hell is the team that beat the first six teams? Mcd should have beat them first and then told him we own them.

:tsk::noidea::shots::banghead::eviltongue::smash:: hurt::censored::yell::frusty:

Lonestar
11-23-2009, 03:36 AM
Moreno and Marshall go head-to-head after the RB fumbles the ball.
By Lindsay H. Jones
The Denver Post
Posted: 11/23/2009 01:00:00 AM MST

So much for the notion of the Broncos taking the frustrations of a month's worth of losses out on their opponent.

In Sunday's loss to San Diego, the Broncos' anger appeared on their own sideline, in the form of a brief shouting-and-shoving match that erupted between receiver Brandon Marshall and running back Knowshon Moreno.

Marshall, 6-feet-4, 230 pounds and with a personality at least as big, twice bumped himself up face mask to face mask with Moreno in the moments after the rookie running back lost a fumble into the end zone in the second quarter.

The message Marshall was sending to Moreno was that "we've got to pick it up," the receiver said afterward.

In return, Moreno gave Marshall a forceful shove in the chest.

"It's frustrating, those are plays that kill drives, and we've got to punch it in next time," Marshall said.

Both players downplayed the scene after the game, playing it off as a heat-of-the-moment airing of frustrations, but the messy exchange between two of the Broncos' biggest name players perhaps illuminates a bigger issue: The Broncos haven't just lost four games in a row, they've begun to lose their cool too.

"We've got a lot of emotional players on our team; I'm an emotional person myself," coach Josh McDaniels said. "I'm not saying it's good, as long as people can work those things out. Obviously, you don't want to make scenes, to make problems."

Moreno's fumble — the fourth he's lost this season — couldn't have happened at a worse time. With six seconds before the two-minute warning at the end of the first half, the Broncos were trailing 13-0. But they had reclaimed momentum with Kyle Orton's entrance into the game and had moved to the 4-yard line in only three plays.

Moreno bulled forward close to the goal line, and as he was falling forward reaching for the end zone, he was spun sideways, and the ball popped loose. The strip was officially credited to defensive end Jacques Cesaire, though it appeared it was the right knee of Broncos lineman Russ Hochstein that actually sent the ball into the end zone, where it was covered by safety Steve Gregory.

"Those are situations we want to capitalize on, and I was just trying to do too much, forgetting that we have three more downs," Moreno said. "You can't have those if you want to win."

Marshall said he didn't regret anything he said to Moreno after the fumble, but admitted that perhaps he "handled it wrong." Marshall said he would expect similar criticism from his teammates if he messed up.

"This is a game where you've got to have passion, and none of us can make any terrible plays," said Marshall, who caught three passes for 26 yards.

And now that his tiff with Moreno is over — as both players said it is — Marshall said he was turning his focus inward in preparation for Thursday's game against the New York Giants.

"I think everyone needs to look at themselves first," Marshall said. "I'm going to look at film of myself, and see what I'm doing wrong, what I changed from last year, how can I help move the ball down the field?"

http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13847979

DenBronx
11-23-2009, 03:46 AM
I think Bucky needs to start the next few games. Moreno is paid to hold on to the ball. It was a huge momentum changer when Orton came in and then after the fumble we totally lost it. We never recovered after that. I'm not saying bench Moreno but I am saying we need to send this kid a message by limiting his role until he learns how to hold on to the freakin ball.

Northman
11-23-2009, 07:03 AM
Should of taken McCoy.

CoachChaz
11-23-2009, 07:40 AM
Not sure how anyone can blame Moreno for the fumble.

Zweems56
11-23-2009, 07:51 AM

I was at a birthday party yesterday and didnt get the chance to catch the game. As I understand it, Hochstein's knee knocked it out? I have a hard time understanding how it's NOT Moreno's fault. Near the goal line, especially, you secure the football. A knee doesn't come any faster or any harder than a fist trying to punch the ball out.

Dirk
11-23-2009, 07:55 AM

A fumble is a fumble, but you got to give Moreno credit for trying everything he had to get that TD. Fighting for everything. It looked to me like a TD with the ball crossing the plane before it was lost.

ssgtwc
11-23-2009, 09:47 AM
I think Moreno needs to consult with Tiki Barber!

Lonestar
11-23-2009, 11:12 AM
Inside the RED zone you have to keep both hands on the ball. While trying to get the TD is a great thing, considering his propensity to cough it up in the RZ perhaps he needs to NOT stretch it out in those situations.

Let him run all they can till he get into the RED ZONE, until he stops being butter fingers. The red zone is way more defended with less area to cover the closer you are to the goal.

He clearly is a gifted runner IN SPACE.

Perhaps he needs to carry the ball till next game while on campus and all broncos/staff are charged with trying to take it from him. :D

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

Medford Bronco
11-23-2009, 11:13 AM
I think Moreno needs to consult with Tiki Barber!

Agreed and Tiki turned his career around in doing so.

Great point:beer:

broncophan
11-23-2009, 11:14 AM
When you have players fighting on the sidelines etc.......imo....the coach has lost control of the team.......of course when the team was 6-0 everything was great.....but losing and playing poorly... things start to snowball.....

EastCoastBronco
11-23-2009, 11:40 AM
We got shagged on that call. If that's Indy, Pitt or New England, it's a TD. We are still paying Hochuli's bar tab...

GEM
11-23-2009, 11:46 AM
Inside the RED zone you have to keep both hands on the ball. While trying to get the TD is a great thing, considering his propensity to cough it up in the RZ perhaps he needs to NOT stretch it out in those situations.

Let him run all they can till he get into the RED ZONE, until he stops being butter fingers. The red zone is way more defended with less area to cover the closer you are to the goal.

He clearly is a gifted runner IN SPACE.

Perhaps he needs to carry the ball till next game while on campus and all broncos/staff are charged with trying to take it from him. :D

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

Watch the replay of that play. He had both hands on the ball. One over top, one under bottom. He held it just like you are supposed to. A lineman's knee came up and jarred it out.

GEM
11-23-2009, 11:47 AM
We got shagged on that call. If that's Indy, Pitt or New England, it's a TD. We are still paying Hochuli's bar tab...

How many times have we seen the exact play and as long as the ball crosses that plane, it's been called a TD.

topscribe
11-23-2009, 11:57 AM
Watch the replay of that play. He had both hands on the ball. One over top, one under bottom. He held it just like you are supposed to. A lineman's knee came up and jarred it out.

Moreover, the ball had broken the plane of the goal line, far as I could see. I
think sometimes officials just flat don't want to admit they were wrong.

But then, it should never have come to that. Damn the luck . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thannoyed.gif

-----

Buff
11-23-2009, 01:29 PM
Why are people trying to give Moreno a pass on the fumble?

It very clearly was his fault, as he is the one tasked with holding onto the thing. Sometimes I wonder about you people.

Mike
11-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Moreover, the ball had broken the plane of the goal line, far as I could see. I
think sometimes officials just flat don't want to admit they were wrong.

But then, it should never have come to that. Damn the luck . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thannoyed.gif

-----

If it's ruled a TD on the field, it stands. There wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call.

weazel
11-23-2009, 01:38 PM
that's funny, I didn't think Marshall was dressed yesterday. Good thing he didn't do too much on the field, he needed all that energy to get into the grill of the only guy that did anything on the offense!

fumbles suck, but so does a "6-feet-4, 230 pounds and with a personality at least as big" player that can't get seperation from a 2nd rate CB...

Lonestar
11-23-2009, 03:10 PM
Why are people trying to give Moreno a pass on the fumble?

It very clearly was his fault, as he is the one tasked with holding onto the thing. Sometimes I wonder about you people.

well I have mixed emotions on it I applaud him for trying to get the TD, but sometimes you have to bite the bullet and not put it up for grabs.. live on to play another play..

Buff
11-23-2009, 04:13 PM
well I have mixed emotions on it I applaud him for trying to get the TD, but sometimes you have to bite the bullet and not put it up for grabs.. live on to play another play..

I'm not any more forgiving because it was a Bronco's knee and not the opponent's that knocked the ball loose. Or that it was on the goal line.

Play resulted in a fumble. Kid has to learn to hold onto the ball.

Lonestar
11-23-2009, 04:18 PM
I'm not any more forgiving because it was a Bronco's knee and not the opponent's that knocked the ball loose. Or that it was on the goal line.

Play resulted in a fumble. Kid has to learn to hold onto the ball.

had he kept both hands ON the ball we score in the series in some manner and they do not get the ball on the 20..

could have been a 14 point turn..

lets hope Josh starts using Hillis like they used Faulk in NE.. near the goal & on 3rd and long..

KCL
11-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Jr...why didn't you just post this in my thread last night...it's all I was
asking for..;)

silkamilkamonico
11-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Yea, I'm upset at Moreno too.

Hold on to the damn ball. Every game it seems like you fumble. Half the time you're team bails you out, the other half they don't.

You're a supposed first round talent. Start playing like it.

KCL
11-23-2009, 04:34 PM
What I saw was him trying to stretch out to get it into the EZ...wasn't he down at that point anyway? He should have just tucked the ball in and made it first and goal...I remember the play but I need to see it again.

scott.475
11-23-2009, 08:10 PM
If this was a 4th down play and we were going for the TD I would not blame him, or IF he had the ball tucked tight into his body and the knee hit hard enough to knock it out somehow I would chalk it up a to a "freak" event, but on 1ST FLIPPING DOWN AT THE GOAL LINE, you better be willing to live to fight another day and protect the ball by keeping it close to your body. That fumble is ALL on Moreno, he had no business doing such a risky thing on a 1st down play from the goal line. Whether it was an actual TD or not is irrelevant because that cannot be changed, but Moreno's penchant to fumble the ball better be fixable. He has lost four, but how many has he had total, counting those we recovered? Because losing the ball behind the LOS and losing yards even though your own team recovers can be just as bad, if not worse, than losing one to your opponents on the other side of the line, depending on down. He needs to get his head straight, because he has had a few drops that were covered by us, but caused us to have to punt if I remember right. He just is not good at holding onto the ball right now. Hillis must be thinking he is living in Bizarro world right now.

Peerless
11-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Knowshon Moreno will fix his fumbling problem. Yes, it is ANNOYING as **** seeing him fumble... especially in the RZ.

But everyone whose calling him a lost cause of bust or "NO-Show" needs a reality check.

Ladanian Tomlinson fumbled a total of 8 times his rookie year (running/receiving), and he lost 5 of those. Since then, he RARELY has fumbled.

At the time, I'm pretty sure Dolt fans were calling for his head, just like a lot of you guys...

Now this isn't saying Moreno will have the exact same results as LT, but some of you guys need to give him a break.

Oh and BTW... It WAS a touchdown.

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/Broncoboy27/Denver%20Broncos%20PC/DarrylsPictures001-1.jpg

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
11-23-2009, 08:23 PM
That play was a touchdown, once you break the plane the play is over, every time.

Bad call, just like alot of calls in that game. Bad calls are a part of sports, it's up to every team to win regardless and our Broncos failed to do that.

scott.475
11-23-2009, 08:27 PM
I forgot to add, Marshall has been known to drop more than a few catches he well should have made. I would almost think Marshall is the last guy on the team that should be yelling at anyone about hanging onto the ball.

silkamilkamonico
11-23-2009, 09:02 PM
Ladanian Tomlinson fumbled a total of 8 times his rookie year (running/receiving), and he lost 5 of those. Since then, he RARELY has fumbled.

The fumbling problem won't be an issue in the future, but let's be real, Knowshon isn't anywhere near the talent field LT was as a rookie.

If my team is going to waste a top 15 pick on a RB, they better be getting a guy like Adrian Peterson. A RB is only as good as the scheme/line, with very few exceptions. And at this point, Knowshon doesn't look anything like an exception.

EMB6903
11-23-2009, 09:07 PM

regardless of if it was a defenders knee or a teammates like Hochstein it was still on Moreno to HOLD ON TO THE BALL.

you dont think situations like that happen each week in the NFL?

Lonestar
11-23-2009, 10:25 PM
Jr...why didn't you just post this in my thread last night...it's all I was
asking for..;)

sorry just saw it this morning LATE will merge them had forgot that you had one going..:salute:..

NameUsedBefore
11-23-2009, 10:31 PM
Fumble was not Moreno's fault.

C'mon, a lineman's knee supported by the Earth versus Moreno's arm strength? That ball was coming out. The real question is whether it was already over the line which it may have been.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-23-2009, 10:34 PM
I forgot to add, Marshall has been known to drop more than a few catches he well should have made. I would almost think Marshall is the last guy on the team that should be yelling at anyone about hanging onto the ball.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=291122007

"I'm not sure, I didn't see the play. That single play didn't beat us. I don't know what you're trying to accomplish here, but it's not Knowshon's fault, not one guy's fault," Marshall said. "We lost as a team. If I drop a ball, if I make a huge mistake, I expect guys to get on me. But you've got to know how to approach every guy. It's different for every guy. Maybe I handled it wrong, but we'll see."

On the sports tonight, Vic Lombardi said that EVERYONE is making way too much of this.

scott.475
11-23-2009, 11:02 PM
Fumble was not Moreno's fault.

C'mon, a lineman's knee supported by the Earth versus Moreno's arm strength? That ball was coming out. The real question is whether it was already over the line which it may have been.

The reason it is his fault is because he never should have made that stretch on that play. First down on the goal line you keep the ball safe and tucked in and live to play another down. If he was running in the open field and diving for the endzone and a defender was able to bat the ball out of his hands at the last second, that would still be his fault. I am just not buying the whole "something hit the ball, so it is not his fault" argument. In all fairness, if he was not exhibiting this as a problem already, and if it had not been such a game killer, it wouldn't be getting this much discussion. If he had kept the ball in he probably would not have fumbled. This is all on him, period. We can't start excusing fumbles just because the ball gets hit. If you are a ball carrier you HAVE to protect the ball, and he did not protect it on that play. I just don't buy that extending the football when you are running up the middle in a huge crowd is an acceptable football fundamental, but I may be wrong. I have seen guys hold onto the ball after taking brutal hits, even getting knocked out, guys hit the earth every Sunday and hold onto the ball. Hopefully this is just his youth and inexperience, but he could have protected the ball better on that play. If he holds onto the ball, there is no discussion about whether he was already across the line or not. The "over the line" argument is irrelevant because it can't be changed, Moreno's fumbling problem, on the other hand, is very relevant. He has GOT to get it under control.

NUB, I am not calling you out specifically, just my response to all the folks saying it is not his fault and the ball was over the line. Though, specific to your post, I don't know why the real question is now whether the ball was over the line. We could bring in the best physicists and photo enhancement specialists from the FBI and NASA, and even if they determined the ball was indeed over the line (and I do think it was), that does not help us now. Sure, the NFL might do something to help make sure that does not happen again, but it doesn't do anything to give us that touchdown back.

NameUsedBefore
11-23-2009, 11:04 PM
Stretching across the goal line is what all running backs do and to his credit it looks like it should have been a TD.

Beyond that, nothing really "punched" the ball out. He fell unto the knee of lineman already on the ground. What is more likely, that he straightens the lineman's leg out or that a 300lbs lineman's leg, supported by the ground, wins that battle? It was absolutely a freak accident.

Ravage!!!
11-23-2009, 11:05 PM
Personally.... I am THRILLED to hear every single word that Brandon has said about this. IF.. IF... he hadn't had his off field problems prior to this, EVERYONE would be hailing this guy as a Leader. He seems to be the ONLY one saying what NEEDED to be said. " THIS was a playoff game. I approached this as a playoff game, and NO ONE seemed to be upset." Seems if more would have this kind of attitude, we wouldn't be seeing a team that is VERY Lacking in passion

Ravage!!!
11-23-2009, 11:07 PM
If Moreno didn't already have a fumbling problem, this wouldn't be a discussion. But he does fumble. We can make these excuses EACH and every week for some running back. "He didn't see the guy coming from behind"... "It was a fluke, it bounced off the other guys knee." He fumbled..AGAIN. Not the first time.

Lonestar
11-23-2009, 11:09 PM
nor the last time he will cough it up..

scott.475
11-23-2009, 11:18 PM
I have a new headline: "Tempers flare on Broncos fan forum" :lol:

honz
11-23-2009, 11:33 PM
Trade Moreno and Marshall, preferably to the Chargers. Problem solved.

KCL
11-23-2009, 11:36 PM
Trade Moreno and Marshall, preferably to the Chargers. Problem solved.

for Rivers?

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 11:50 PM
If Moreno didn't already have a fumbling problem, this wouldn't be a discussion. But he does fumble. We can make these excuses EACH and every week for some running back. "He didn't see the guy coming from behind"... "It was a fluke, it bounced off the other guys knee." He fumbled..AGAIN. Not the first time.

What's funny, is what he said in his interview.

IF he'd have known it was 1st down, he prolly wouldn't have stretched for the goalline.

HUH?

KCL
11-23-2009, 11:55 PM

IF he'd have known it was 1st down, he prolly wouldn't have stretched for the goalline.

HUH?

Priceless...:lol:

Superchop 7
11-24-2009, 12:43 AM
That was an honest question by KCL, and she deserved to be answered with respect.

I might have known you would provide it. Two classy ladies. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________

KCL is good people.:yo:

KCL
11-24-2009, 12:51 AM
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________

:elefant:
:beer:
:D

Thanks...I try!

scott.475
11-24-2009, 09:28 AM

KCL gives Chiefs fans a good name, not an easy thing to do...;)

Dr Velcro
11-24-2009, 09:53 AM
This was a touchdown.....

Broncos were robbed...flat-out.

Please explain to me how this was not a touchdown.

scott.475
11-24-2009, 11:15 AM
This was a touchdown.....

Broncos were robbed...flat-out.

Please explain to me how this was not a touchdown.

It was a touchdown, but that does not matter at this point. Nothing we can do about it.

Ravage!!!
11-24-2009, 11:16 AM

HUH?

OH man... I didn't see that in his interview. Thats ridiculous! He should get MUCH more bashing and teammates in his face for THAT!

EMB6903
11-24-2009, 07:38 PM
offensive linemans knee's and arm's collide with a rb and even the ball each game, dont act like what Hochstien did was rare.

Moreno is paid to hold onto the football, he didnt.. It was nobodys fault but his own... Im shocked that anybody would defend that play.

nevcraw
11-24-2009, 08:33 PM
bottom line is the team got all the breaks in the first 6 games and now none..
feast or famine my friends. feast or famine...

let's hope for a few starting on thursday..

NameUsedBefore
11-24-2009, 09:06 PM
offensive linemans knee's and arm's collide with a rb and even the ball each game, dont act like what Hochstien did was rare.

Moreno is paid to hold onto the football, he didnt.. It was nobodys fault but his own... Im shocked that anybody would defend that play.

No.

I can't recall any remotely similar incident in recent memory. The ball does get banged around, but falling onto a cocked knee is not a common event. I think Moreno does have a fumbling problem, but I think every single running back in the league would have lost it on that play.

DenBronx
11-24-2009, 09:54 PM
I like Marshalls and Morenos passion. Hopefully this is a wake up call for the whole team.