PDA

View Full Version : Better days ahead, just wait and see

Lonestar
11-23-2009, 03:33 AM
What the fans are saying: Better days ahead, just wait and see
The Denver Post
Posted: 11/23/2009 01:00:00 AM MST

Chargers vs. Broncos

Fans, sign up now for Broncos Premium, our website offering don't-miss news, analysis and features only available to registered users. It's free!

View slide show of Chargers-Broncos game Nov. 22.
Analyze boxscore for Chargers-Broncos game.
Read gameday blog about inactives for Chargers-Broncos.
Read gameday blog about a team ready to make push for Shanahan.
Examine printable scouting report for Chargers-Broncos game.
Analyze a pre-game stats matchup for Chargers-Broncos.
Visit the Broncos Stats Page for roster, standings, team leaders.
Visit the Chargers Stats Page.
Read the latest notes and analysis on the All Things Broncos blog.
Ask Mike Klis about today's game in the Broncos Mailbag.
Post photos of your team spirit.
Pore over Broncos '09 schedule.
Related
Chargers vs. Broncos
Nov 23:
Rivers in protective custody as line holds Denver in checkTempers flare on Broncos' sidelineNo. 7: Broncos need to roll with the tideSullivan: Rivers thrives with protectionTurnovers key for Chargers' defenseNov 22:
Broncos lose hold on lead in AFC WestNov 23:
Armstrong: Broncos perfecting the fade routeNov 22:
Orton tests ankle; Simms to startElway predicts better Simms todayKC beats Steelers in OT 27-24; Roethlisberger hurtRaiders rally past Bengals 20-17What did everyone expect with new coaches, system and players, and the most terrifying schedule? The Broncos surpassed all of my expectations. This team first took the NFL by storm, and now they went through some pretty tough teams and lost. So what? I am saying that in three years this team will be competing at a lot higher level. — Ken A.

Fire away.

Being a Chargers fan, I'm obviously happy with Sunday's result. That said, I never wish for the other team's key players to get injured. So I really think Broncos fans should demand Josh McDaniels' dismissal. His emotions got the best of him. To keep Kyle Orton in the game (when it was long over by the end of the third quarter) just risked Orton's future for the rest of the season.

— Doug G.

Power outage.

Good win, Spark- lers. You were the better team Sunday. But you still won't get out of the first round of the playoffs. — Carl P.

No kidding.

I am truly hurt by this loss. The blame goes to McDaniels for blowing this game to the point of no comeback. Onside kick? Are you kidding me? I'm no Josh basher, but poor decision, man! This team lost its us-against-the-world attitude in the bye week and really needs to find it again against the Giants.

— Sylvester

End of line.

When the wheels fall off, they really fall off. Bandwagon ends here. Everybody off. OK, let's jump on the Avs' bandwagon. Good luck, Broncos, in 2010. — Jakers

http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13848025