PDA

View Full Version : What happened today..

Lonestar
11-22-2009, 11:56 PM
the way I saw the game ..

SAN was pissed about being beat at home..

rivers was really hot today and untouchable by DL..

Simms was ineffectual and his fumble killed a sure fire FG if not TD..

the fumble by Moreno took the life out of the team.. and added to the MO on SAN side..

ON D we were getting beat on the LOS most of the game.. and late in the game our DL just wore down..

we moved the ball surprising well on the ground and Orton looked good initially and then later in the game when the D knew it was going to be a pass he forced some throws..

marshall was very frustrated today

any one see the game differently..

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 12:01 AM
You forgot about an ill-timed onside kick, jr...

I think that told the D that McD didn't trust them, when he maybe was hoping to get back into the game.

I just think the timing was terrible. Maybe a good call in a high-scoring match, but not when things are going terribly wrong at the time.

camdisco24
11-23-2009, 12:02 AM
Everything you said, plus one other thing...
I have come to respect McD this season and I support him fully. But geez... that on sides kick call was just awful. The Moreno fumble, plus the os kick call were total momentum killers.

As you said, SD came out with more passion and we played dead. Dont know where our mojo went but we have 4 days to find it.

Dirk
11-23-2009, 06:39 AM
I agree also and will ellaborate a little and add some.

1. Simms is not an NFL QB.
2. Orton's first series was Baddass and I was cheering.
3. Moreno's fumble took the wind out of their sails.
4. Orton's ankle was hurting realling bad as seen by his anguish on the sidelines.
5. Onside kick really stupid play call. Even if it had worked It was stupid.
6. McD's ego is too much at times. He should have taken the loss (or maybe not) and gave the reigns to Brandstater at the end of the 3rd instead of chancing further injury to Orton.
7. The defensive line was getting owned by the Chargers Oline most of the game.
8. Champ has lost a couple steps but still good.
9. It seems to me that our receivers can't get open as much as last year.
10. Harris is missed!

The thing that bothers me the most, was McD not pulling Orton. Orton obviously couldn't put much pressure on his foot and it was causing him problems. He had no problem pulling Simms because he wanted to win. But he couldn't pull Orton and except the fact he was going to lose.

That may be a good thing to an extent, where your coach wants to win, but you can't jeopardize the remainder of the season for one game.

Northman
11-23-2009, 06:58 AM
What happened today?

The same thing thats been happening the last 10 years. Inconsistency.

Im really tired of seeing this team faulter down the stretch every year. Its truly disheartening. Yes, i know its a work in progress and i know there is more work to be done but i simply cant accept these blowouts. But, no use crying over spilt milk. Time to get ready for the G-men.

Nomad
11-23-2009, 07:31 AM
What happened today?

The same thing thats been happening the last 10 years. Inconsistency.

Im really tired of seeing this team faulter down the stretch every year. Its truly disheartening. Yes, i know its a work in progress and i know there is more work to be done but i simply cant accept these blowouts. But, no use crying over spilt milk. Time to get ready for the G-men.

I can handle any loss, but these blowouts are nauseating and yes I expect the BRONCOS to keep games close if they lose!! 32-3 at home when it may have been the most important game of the season especially for the division lead. Regardless of talent (which last I checked they're all professional football players not DII college players), what does this tell you about the heart of this team. So again, no one has to agree, I question the leadership of this team and I'm talking about the veteran players! I guess we'll see on Thanksgiving, it'll be mind boggling if the BRONCOS get blown out this game.

Northman
11-23-2009, 07:33 AM
I can handle any loss, but these blowouts are nauseating and yes I expect the BRONCOS to keep games close if they lose!! 32-3 at home when it may have been the most important game of the season especially for the division lead. Regardless of talent (which last I checked they're all professional football players not DII college players), what does this tell you about the heart of this team. So again, no one has to agree, I question the leadership of this team and I'm talking about the veteran players! I guess we'll see on Thanksgiving, it'll be mind boggling if the BRONCOS get blown out this game.

Yea, again 2 times at home we get run out of the building is unacceptable. I can handle losses this year but i wanted to see improvement which means staying consistent all year long. I said it after the Bmore game that a major collapse is not what i call improvement. So far, they are collapsing.

CoachChaz
11-23-2009, 07:37 AM
Hard to blame Moreno for the fumble. Hochstein caused that more than anyone.

A hurt Orton was better than a healthy Simms, but I agree...Branstater should be named the backup

Anyone else see Merriman targeting Orton's ankle?

claymore
11-23-2009, 07:38 AM
We got out coached, out QB'ed and out played in every aspect of the game. Hopefully Bowlen understands why fans sell their ticket to opposing fans.....

claymore
11-23-2009, 07:43 AM
We need some more of this too.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3209/3115860663_48ee22fd64_m.jpg

Dirk
11-23-2009, 07:50 AM

A hurt Orton was better than a healthy Simms, but I agree...Branstater should be named the backup

I totally agree. Here goes that small word again...IF it weren't for Hoch, that would have been a touchdown.

And YES YES YES, name Brandstater the backup.

Another thing I noticed, and this can be said for any game, but I noticed a lot of things happening with the officiating that seemed to be in SD's favor. No I don't blame them for the loss...but

Simms had a legit gripe about the hands in the face. Low blow "ala Brady rule" on Orton and no call. Lots of holding on the Chargers Oline. And no explanation or visual proof of the conduct penalties taking away run backs. Moreno seemed to break the plane of the goal line before the fumble.

I guess I am just grasping at straws and realize that outside of those issue we got our butts handed to us.

Zweems56
11-23-2009, 07:54 AM
Everything you said, plus one other thing...
I have come to respect McD this season and I support him fully. But geez... that on sides kick call was just awful. The Moreno fumble, plus the os kick call were total momentum killers.

As you said, SD came out with more passion and we played dead. Dont know where our mojo went but we have 4 days to find it.

If anything, an Onside kick shows trust, not a lack of it, in the defense. You're trusting your defense to hold San Diego scoreless even if they pick up the onside.

Dreadnought
11-23-2009, 08:08 AM
Yea, again 2 times at home we get run out of the building is unacceptable. I can handle losses this year but i wanted to see improvement which means staying consistent all year long. I said it after the Bmore game that a major collapse is not what i call improvement. So far, they are collapsing.

Well, record wise they are at the identical place of the 2008 Broncos after ten games. We had just beaten Atlanta, and were confidently about to give oakland an A$$-whipping. Didn't work out that way of course.

I do believe we are in reverse now. This team is in far worse shape than it was at this point last year, and as of 11/23/09 I can't point to any aspect of the game of tackle football that we are playing well. I've got a sickening feeling we haven't seen our last blowout loss this year, and I'm not just talking the Indy game.

claymore
11-23-2009, 08:15 AM
We need QB.

MOtorboat
11-23-2009, 08:45 AM
We need QB.

Your Cutler is showing again.

claymore
11-23-2009, 08:49 AM
Your Cutler is showing again.

McDaniels backed this team up all the way to the sixties. Our offense is terrible.

MOtorboat
11-23-2009, 08:52 AM
McDaniels backed this team up all the way to the sixties. Our offense is terrible.

We're going to finish 3-13.

claymore
11-23-2009, 08:57 AM
We're going to finish 3-13.

You love this dont you?

Dr Velcro
11-23-2009, 09:01 AM

Your offense isn't bad.

You need a QB.

Like I told LT last night....watching you guys and then the Bears play....

It's like seeing a couple who should be together but isn't for some ungodly reason...and their with the wrong people.

claymore
11-23-2009, 09:07 AM
Your offense isn't bad.

You need a QB.

It's like seeing a couple who should be together but isn't for some ungodly reason...and their with the wrong people.

The offense JMCD runs isnt good. The scheme etc......

Dreadnought
11-23-2009, 09:08 AM
Your offense isn't bad.

You need a QB.

I agree the offensive personnel are pretty good for the most part. Its mostly the same guys who were second in the league in yardage last year. This leaves as the only possible explanation that the guy who designed this offense is in no way fit for this job yet. Perhaps given another decade of seasoning yes - after all, Belichick flamed out in his first attempt as HC, as did Shanahan.

Its really either/or in this case, unless somehow this miserable production we've seen this season is an illusion or can be blamed on somebody else. Either the personnel sucks or this coach does - and I think we have pretty good personnel on the offensive side of the roster.

MOtorboat
11-23-2009, 09:10 AM
You love this dont you?

The losing, or the completely irrational hate for McDaniels?

Dr Velcro
11-23-2009, 09:16 AM
I agree the offensive personnel are pretty good for the most part. Its mostly the same guys who were second in the league in yardage last year. This leaves as the only possible explanation that the guy who designed this offense is in no way fit for this job yet. Perhaps given another decade of seasoning yes - after all, Belichick flamed out in his first attempt as HC, as did Shanahan.

Its really either/or in this case, unless somehow this miserable production we've seen this season is an illusion or can be blamed on somebody else. Either the personnel sucks or this coach does - and I think we have pretty good personnel on the offensive side of the roster.

I think that McDaniels has what it takes.
I've seen the scheme when it's worked.
You were 6-0 prior to bye week.
Everyone was on the same page.

I'm telling you right here and now that the problem is in the locker room.
Something has happened to those guys and they don't seem together
anymore. This is on both offense and defense. Something is amiss.

claymore
11-23-2009, 09:17 AM
The losing, or the completely irrational hate for McDaniels?

Are you on planet Earth?

Dreadnought
11-23-2009, 09:24 AM

The 6-0 disguised the fact that our offense actually hasn't been any good all season. It was easy to overlook. An argument could be made that it was all about ball control, limiting mistakes and turnovers, all that mattered was the W at the end of the game yada yada yada. So I don't think its accurate to blame anything chemistry-wise in the locker room really. We may be headed that way though as the team starts to wonder if this Emporer is actually buck-nekkid after all.

Shazam!
11-23-2009, 09:26 AM
Are you on planet Earth?

Say what you want about McDaniels, but he inherited a mediocre scoring offense and arguably the worst defense in the NFL.

...and anyone thinking it would be different with Cutler hasn't watched him at all the last few weeks.

Dreadnought
11-23-2009, 09:32 AM
Say what you want about McDaniels, but he inherited a mediocre scoring offense and arguably the worst defense in the NFL.

...and anyone thinking it would be different with Cutler hasn't watched him at all the last few weeks.

Cutler is not on the roster anymore, so is irrelevant to the conversation. And McDaniels took what you call a "mediocre" scoring offense (I dispute that) and made it terrible, all through his own actions and his own planning.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-23-2009, 09:36 AM
I noticed all the same things that Jr mentioned. Orton really showed me something going out there hurt and at least providing a little spark. Had he not been hurt who knows, maybe we would've done a little better.

The bottom line is, this team looks defeated when they step on the field. Even with Orton in, we had two solid drives and that's it. Had we scored TDs on both, we still probably wouldn't have won the game (yes, the outcome would've been different because TOP wouldn't have been so lop-sided). Maybe it would've re-energized the team, but who knows?

I'm all out of answers for "fixing" the team. I'm just along for the ride now. Unfortunately, after seeing how we played against Washington and how KC and Oakland played yesterday against good teams, we're on our way to losing out. 6-10 would be devastating after a 6-0 start, but that's where we're heading. Normally, this is the part of the year where teams hit their stride and play better even in losing efforts. We've hit rock bottom and started to dig. We'll be lucky to win 2 more games this year. Sad to say it, but it looks more and more that way with each passing week. Forget the playoffs, we'll be lucky to reach .500 with 6 games remaining.

claymore
11-23-2009, 09:38 AM

2nd best yardage
16th PPG

22nd Yardage
25th PPG

McD took a pretty good offense and turned it into shit.

Say what you want about Defense, but that is on Nolan.

Shazam!
11-23-2009, 09:42 AM
Cutler is not on the roster anymore, so is irrelevant to the conversation. And McDaniels took what you call a "mediocre" scoring offense (I dispute that) and made it terrible, all through his own actions and his own planning.

It is relevant because of Clay.

Denver was 16th in scoring. That is mediocre. Nothing up for discussion there. It's not like this was the '94 49ers before McDaniels arrived.

But yes, I like McDaniels as much as the next guy, but he must be accountable for this slide and some of these glaring problems on offense.

Dreadnought
11-23-2009, 09:44 AM
The 2008 PPG is a bit deceptive. If you only count offensive points (which is all the offense can score after all) we were rather better than 16th. The overall tally gets screwed up by the total lack of contribution from the 2008 Special teams and the very small contribution from the defense - which also stuck our offense with the worst starting field position in the League. In all we only scored two times via any sort of return in 2008, both fumble returns. We equalled that just in the first SD game this year

claymore
11-23-2009, 09:49 AM
It is relevant because of Clay.

Denver was 16th in scoring. That is mediocre. Nothing up for discussion there. It's not like this was the '94 49ers before McDaniels arrived.

But yes, I like McDaniels as much as the next guy, but he must be accountable for this slide and some of these glaring problems on offense.

Obama > Josh McDaniels

Mike
11-23-2009, 09:53 AM
What happened? Besides all that has been mentioned, we saw Merriman show what an ass he is. I hope somebody takes his knee out.

Shazam!
11-23-2009, 09:54 AM
Obama > Josh McDaniels

Ugggh.

claymore
11-23-2009, 09:57 AM
Ugggh.

LMFAO! This gay guy I know told me that today and I almost spewed my coffee out on my monitor.

G_Money
11-23-2009, 10:55 AM
What happened:

1) Simms is a reject, but we knew that.
2) Orton gets hurt and sucks when he's hurt, especially with lower body injuries, but we knew that too.
3) We don't have a margin for error because we're still in transition on offense for some reason and can't figure out what we do well or how to keep doing it.
4) Turnovers. After winning the turnover battle in the first few games we're losing it now. Our offense is predicated on taking a lot of (or too many) plays to score, which means turnovers hurt us more than teams that can score with big plays. We CANNOT turn the ball over.
5) Our defensive scheme was new when we were surprising teams with it, but now they've seen tape and have made adjustments. Hard to adjust back when your offense only wants to put 3 points per game on the board and you're always playing from behind.

Orton only works in a mistake-free offense. As fumbles and picks happen our offense output is cut DRASTICALLY. Orton = No-Mistake-Jake. We made an AFC Championship game with that gameplan, so there are worse things, but understand he can't save us single-handedly, though lack of play at his position can sink us practically single-handedly.

The defense has been better than anyone had a right to expect, but Nolan's still playing with smoke and mirrors at several positions and trying to get through the season until he can add more talent.

We weren't a great team to start the year, we just had a great start. The prevailing theory when Shanahan's teams always came out of the gate hot was that our teams were very well prepped initially and the higher altitude camp helped our conditioning, while other teams still spent the first month getting in the kind of shape we were already in. Once they caught up to our game plans/new defensive schemes and our early conditioning advantage, we fell back to mediocrity.

We're doing it again. There are worse things. I still haven't seen anything to justify Josh's offensive genius status, but then Brian Billick never showed it to me either, and he won a title.

Josh just needs to settle on the kind of team we are (hint, Josh: it's a running team. Please figure this out and remember what a ZBS is for) and not have to run Simms out there. Orton is only good healthy. Don't play his ass unless he's healthy. He sucked the WHOLE year in Chicago after his last ankle injury there, and I don't want another repeat. Leaving him out there against the Chargers for them to try to end his season (thanks for the attempt Merriman, hope someone chop-blocks an end to your season soon) is hubris. And hubris tends to be rewarded with catastrophe.

Be smarter, Josh.

6-4 is better than I thought our record would be at this point, but there are things to clean up. We weren't supposed to be good, and we weren't supposed to make the playoffs. It seems like a lot of people were fooled into thinking this wasn't a rebuilding year by the start that we had, but we're still a project team with growing pains.

Just stay strapped in for the ride, and keep your hands inside the vehicle at all times. Even with the continually worsening blowouts there's a lot of good that came out of the first 10 games. 6 games to go in McDaniels' first trip around the league, unless we slip into the playoffs somehow to get punched in the face by some of the better teams. Showing that we are not the Browns is still a good first campaign for Josh. I'd like to see him right the ship on some things before the end of the year, but everybody struggles in the NFL at some point.

Better to struggle now and fix it than have the illusion that things are perfect now and fall flat on our faces next year. It gives Josh some more time to identify and fix his problems.

Get to it, coach. 4 weeks is waaaay past coincidence.

~G

Dr Velcro
11-23-2009, 10:55 AM
About time you got in here ;)

Heh heh...we brought G Money out, lol.

G_Money
11-23-2009, 11:11 AM
I''ve missed you too, V. ;)

~G

claymore
11-23-2009, 11:17 AM
I think 4 of our wins were luck. I cant be happy about that.

topscribe
11-23-2009, 11:19 AM

the fumble by Moreno took the life out of the team.. and added to the MO on SAN side..

ON D we were getting beat on the LOS most of the game.. and late in the game our DL just wore down..

we moved the ball surprising well on the ground and Orton looked good initially and then later in the game when the D knew it was going to be a pass he forced some throws..

I believe the Broncos are one stud NT away from being a really good defense.

The Broncos are one stud LG from being a really good offense (and a healthy Harris, of course).

When that happens, the Broncos will be able to stay with the Steelers and Chargers of the league.

IMHO.

-----

topscribe
11-23-2009, 11:23 AM

Yes, Clay. You've made that very clear . . . :coffee:

-----

claymore
11-23-2009, 11:26 AM
Yes, Clay. You've made that very clear . . . :coffee:

-----

And 4 of those games were LUCKY! :eek:

topscribe
11-23-2009, 11:27 AM

:throwrock:

-----

Medford Bronco
11-23-2009, 11:31 AM
We need some more of this too.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3209/3115860663_48ee22fd64_m.jpg

That must be Cutlers last performances :rolleyes:

NightTrainLayne
11-23-2009, 11:32 AM

I think about 20,000 of your posts were lucky. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

:D

Medford Bronco
11-23-2009, 11:35 AM

Go root for the unlucky bears with their 4-6 Record

led by that Frachise QB:laugh: with his 18 ints.

He is a fraud

MOtorboat
11-23-2009, 11:35 AM
I think about 20,000 of your posts were lucky. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

:D

:pound:

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 11:39 AM

Yea....never MIND the fact that the entire O is learning a new scheme, blocking to running to passing.

Yea....never MIND the fact that the teams has all new coaching, save the Oline/RB guys.

I seem to STILL remember, how many on here said they'd be WILLING to watch the team struggle a couple years, as long as they got a new Head Coach. Not saying you're in that group, Dread, but it's still out there. And even when they said that, I knew they were FOS.

topscribe
11-23-2009, 11:41 AM
I''ve missed you too, V. ;)

~G

I didn't agree with everything you said, G, but I high-fived you simply because it's good to see you again. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 11:44 AM

I'm almost on the same page....

Did they really upgrade by getting rid of Kern?
Has Law really been an upgrade over Williams?

Sometime, you get subtraction by addition.

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 11:53 AM

1. Pretty sure you opened up for Cutler, when you brought up last year's personnel vs this years, dread. You can't hide the obvious.

Its really either/or in this case, unless somehow this miserable production we've seen this season is an illusion or can be blamed on somebody else.

2. Last year's offense WAS "mediocre" in scoring. Just because they were able to put up the #2 ranking in yards, doesn't obscure the FACT that they were #16 in scoring. THAT IS MEDIOCRITY!

Dreadnought
11-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Yea....never MIND the fact that the entire O is learning a new scheme, blocking to running to passing.

Yea....never MIND the fact that the teams has all new coaching, save the Oline/RB guys.

I seem to STILL remember, how many on here said they'd be WILLING to watch the team struggle a couple years, as long as they got a new Head Coach. Not saying you're in that group, Dread, but it's still out there. And even when they said that, I knew they were FOS.

No, I know what you're saying. My position remains consistent. I did not want Shanahan fired, and viewed it as a disaster when it happened. I also understood that Shanahan's stubborn refusal to show the worthless Bob Slowick his walking papers made the next act of that drama inevitable.

I did want McDaniels hired to replace him due to his offensive pedigree and the hopes that he would do as little as possible to change what we had in place on offense. My big concern was that we would try to become a ball control smash-mouth team, which I not only don't enjoy watching but which I don't think is an effective formula. My optimistic vision included us standing mostly pat on offense and bringing in a real live defensive coordinator to fix that Gawdawful mess we had in 08. Instead McD blew up the offense first.

We got the kind of defensive turnaround for six games that was the stuff of dreams. We couldn't have scripted it better. Mike Nolan was brilliant, and McD does deserve credit for bringing him in

From my standpoint we as fans got the worst of all possible worlds though, because the offense is now so putrid that the defense can no longer hold up. This has zero to do with Cutler or Orton either, because I think neither one could succeed here right now for this coach, his system, or his playcalling. The guys who keep dredging up Cutler's name are desperately trying to avoid that truth. It is about our head coach, nothing else. And I don't think there is any amount of time that can fix this until we move in another direction unless McDaniels grows up, looks in the mirror, and acknowledges he isn't a quarter as smart as he thinks he is. I suspect he's gone at the end of 2010, and I just hope he hasn't utterly trashed the roster for the next guy.

So now what? Nothing to do but wait it out, hope I'm wrong, and keep rooting for the Broncos.

CoachChaz
11-23-2009, 12:01 PM
It is about our head coach, nothing else. And I don't think there is any amount of time that can fix this until we move in another direction unless McDaniels grows up, looks in the mirror, and acknowledges he isn't a quarter as smart as he thinks he is. I suspect he's gone at the end of 2010, and I just hope he hasn't utterly trashed the roster for the next guy.

Are you kidding me? This thought seriously enters peoples minds?

Maybe I just dont get invited to the right parties, but NOTHING has happened that would make me believe this has anything to do with McD's ego and I really have no clue how anyone else could really think that.

...unless of course you know him personally. In that case ONLY...I will stand corrected

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 12:05 PM
2nd best yardage
16th PPG

22nd Yardage
25th PPG

McD took a pretty good offense and turned it into shit.

Say what you want about Defense, but that is on Nolan.

Quit living in the past, clay.

Cutler is gone. Shanny is gone. Tater is gone. Bell is gone. Hall is gone. Pittman is gone. Young is gone. Torrain is gone. NJax is gone.

This team has to learn to walk before they run. They tried to go from 1st gear to 10th. But in the process knocked some teeth off the gears. They'll get them replaced and be better for it.

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 12:07 PM
The 2008 PPG is a bit deceptive. If you only count offensive points (which is all the offense can score after all) we were rather better than 16th. The overall tally gets screwed up by the total lack of contribution from the 2008 Special teams and the very small contribution from the defense - which also stuck our offense with the worst starting field position in the League. In all we only scored two times via any sort of return in 2008, both fumble returns. We equalled that just in the first SD game this year

Yes, but they don't count, because they were just "luck", lest you forget. :rolleyes:

NightTrainLayne
11-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Are you kidding me? This thought seriously enters peoples minds?

Maybe I just dont get invited to the right parties, but NOTHING has happened that would make me believe this has anything to do with McD's ego and I really have no clue how anyone else could really think that.

...unless of course you know him personally. In that case ONLY...I will stand corrected

I tend to think that McD is equal with Shanny in smarts. Shanny always got us out of the gate quickly with smart, focused game-plans and schemes. . ..and then we faded down the stretch when others caught up with our schemes and our personnel wasn't strong enough talent-wise to keep the momentum going.

Same thing happened last year. And the year before that. And the year before that. The year before that we got to the AFC Championship before being exposed by better talent team-wide. And the year before that. . . . you get the idea.

McD is plenty smart foot-ball wise. Where he's lacking right now is the players to complete his vision, but he's only had one off-season to work on that.

Shanny and McD both have done a phenomenal job masking an overall lack of talent, but at some point we have to face up to it.

This problem can be fixed though.

CoachChaz
11-23-2009, 12:10 PM
I tend to think that McD is equal with Shanny in smarts. Shanny always got us out of the gate quickly with smart, focused game-plans and schemes. . ..and then we faded down the stretch when others caught up with our schemes and our personnel wasn't strong enough talent-wise to keep the momentum going.

Same thing happened last year. And the year before that. And the year before that. The year before the we got to the AFC Championship before being exposed by better talent team-wide. And the year before that. . . . you get the idea.

McD is plenty smart foot-ball wise. Where he's lacking right now is the players to complete his vision, but he's only had one off-season to work on that.

Shanny and McD both have done a phenomenal job masking an overall lack of talent, but at some point we have to face up to it.

That's my point. I can be fixed. Just isnt going to happen in one season

topscribe
11-23-2009, 12:20 PM
I got to thinking . . .

Orton came in firing and made mincemeat out of the Chargers' defense. The RBs
were going through the defense like a bullet through crepe paper.

Yes, Moreno's fumble hurt. But what hurt more was when the punk Merriman hit
Orton low. I really believe that POS was going for Orton's ankle, and he nailed it.
Orton was not as effective after that: his passes lacked the zip and accuracy
that his initial ones displayed.

As I watched replays, I could see Orton could not step forward onto his left foot
during a pass, as he could when healthy, after that incident.

So congratulations to Merriman. The Chargers might have--probably would have--
won, anyway, but Merriman assured the win with his usual M.O.

IMHO.

-----

CoachChaz
11-23-2009, 12:28 PM
I got to thinking . . .

Orton came in firing and made mincemeat out of the Chargers' defense. The RBs
were going through the defense like a bullet through crepe paper.

Yes, Moreno's fumble hurt. But what hurt more was when the punk Merriman hit
Orton low. I really believe that POS was going for Orton's ankle, and he nailed it.
Orton was not as effective after that: his passes lacked the zip and accuracy
that his initial ones displayed.

As I watched replays, I could see Orton could not step forward onto his left foot
during a pass, as he could when healthy, after that incident.

So congratulations to Merriman. The Chargers might have--probably would have--
won, anyway, but Merriman assured the win with his usual M.O.

IMHO.

-----

Merriman went after his ankle twice. I dare a Charger fan to deny that.

I dont doubt it had something to do with his play after that, but I wont use it as an excuse either. Good observation

Bronco Bible
11-23-2009, 12:28 PM

I wondered if that was just me but someone else saw that:tsk:

MOtorboat
11-23-2009, 12:29 PM
I wondered if that was just me but someone else saw that:tsk:

The announcer mentioned it, and if I remember correctly, he said he was surprised it wasn't a penalty.

NightTrainLayne
11-23-2009, 12:29 PM

But no flags for low hits. .. Even Dick Endberg commented on it. If Endberg can see it, I fail to understand how the Umpire can't.

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 12:32 PM
I suspect he's gone at the end of 2010, and I just hope he hasn't utterly trashed the roster for the next guy.

So now what? Nothing to do but wait it out, hope I'm wrong, and keep rooting for the Broncos.

Oh good grief, Dread! Tell me you're not that deep of fatalist! Huh?

The guy has been a HC for 10 freaking games and is currently sporting a 60% winning record! No matter HOW he got to that, it is what it is. If he doesn't win another game this year, he'll be no worse, historically, than any other rookie HC in the league!

Give the guy a chance! Let him have a complete offseason to sit back...watch film....learn from mistakes....glean new ideas....and add more teeth to the offensive sprockets.

The O needs some better players...GAME CHANGERS. The D also...maybe moreso. But the guy had a couple of months to acclimate to becoming a HC of a different franchise....move his family....hire coaches....get everybody on the same page....MY GOSH...just THINK of how much adversity he had in his first 6mos!!!! Hell, people were calling for his head in his first month!!!

If anything, I'd say a rook's first year is a throw-away. Just getting everybody to be able to tie their shoes right would be a step in the right direction! lol

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 12:37 PM
But no flags for low hits. .. Even Dick Endberg commented on it. If Endberg can see it, I fail to understand how the Umpire can't.

As I said either earlier or in a different thread.....even the post game wrap up article articulated the targeting of the ankle by Merriman.
Frankly, I hope a suspension and/or fine is coming.

pnbronco
11-23-2009, 12:45 PM

I agree with what you saw. I think the onside was to try to take them off guard and sneak it in. Didn't work so it looked bad.

What I did see was Kyle go in even though he was in pain to try to bring our team back. I thought he showed at lot of courage. He said after the game that Coach came and asked if he could do it and he did not hesitate to say yes. He put the Broncos first and I didn't agree with leaving him in there but I respected his commitment to our/his team.

Dirk
11-23-2009, 12:53 PM
What I did see was Kyle go in even though he was in pain to try to bring our team back. I thought he showed at lot of courage. He said after the game that Coach came and asked if he could do it and he did not hesitate to say yes. He put the Broncos first and I didn't agree with leaving him in there but I respected his commitment to our/his team.

Yes it showed that he is commited and has a lot of courage and heart!

But if you play devil's advocate....if he wasn't 100% he should have thought of the team and said I am not able to put pressure on my ankle so maybe we try Brandstater for a series.

Who knows. But I love Orton's heart and think he is underrated. :coffee:

Requiem / The Dagda
11-23-2009, 12:54 PM
There was a lot of inefficiency in our passing game. Gaffney and Marshall were targeted 9 times each, but only had 3 receptions. 6/18 out of the two most targeted receivers for the game is awful. Moreover, we were horrendous on third downs; offensively and defensively. Turnovers shifted momentum in the Chargers favor big time.

I don't blame Moreno for the fumble, in fact I think he should have got more touches. Not having Ryan Harris at RT is horrid for the Bronocos. Our DL exerted all their force the first six games. It seems like they're slow to the punch and getting beat at the P.O.A, consistently. They are worn down.

Still impressed by the vigor of Williams and Davis on the inside. A lack of a pass rush left the secondary open for a while, but they did all right other than three long plays. TBQH, I thought McBath did well on Gates. Good job on stepping in for Dawkins.

Lonestar
11-23-2009, 01:21 PM

Same thing happened last year. And the year before that. And the year before that. The year before that we got to the AFC Championship before being exposed by better talent team-wide. And the year before that. . . . you get the idea.

That's my point. I can be fixed. Just isnt going to happen in one season

as RC said "The O needs some better players...GAME CHANGERS. The D also...maybe more so. But the guy had a couple of months to acclimate to becoming a HC of a different franchise....move his family....hire coaches....get everybody on the same page....MY GOSH...just THINK of how much adversity he had in his first 6mos!!!! Hell, people were calling for his head in his first month!!!
", while some would say (I was one of them) that all we had to do was fix the D we all know deep down that the offense stunk it up in the red zone and had for nigh on a decade.. yes we had a couple of years that we were pretty effective inside the 5 but they were aberrations more than the norm..

our special teams stunk it up week after week and anything but special. and the D well with only two returning starters one is a NEW position AGAIN says all that needs to be said..

I know that this guy inherited talent on offense some of which he has worked into the line up some he needs to add into the mix more.. the OLINE while good last year has been shown to not be as good at pass protection nor run blocking as we had all hoped..

I have continually said it is going to take a year or two for everyone to "get" it and be automatic in their responses during the game.. we need upgrades at several spots NT and OLG as top priorities ..

while we got away with our MINI DL this year we need a huge anchor at NT that flat does not get moved around against big OLINE.. SAN left to right starters 6-7 336, 6-4 320, 6-4 295, 6-5 325, 6-6 320 and NYG are more of the same.. 6-5 319, 6-3 310, 6-3 303, 6-3 318, 6-6 327.

all of them except the centers are the same or heavier than our starting NT.. and they are all within an few pounds of that.. 310 and when you add in the DE we are over matched totally in poundage with none of them getting double teams..

I think we have done well considering the existing talent levels, and as our offense all get on the same pages on every play of every game this offense will be fine to outstanding.. practice make perfect..

we have seen spurts on I all year great drives and then someone makes a stupid drop, fumble, an errant throw, gets called holding and the drive stalls..

this is a complex O that is going to take some time to get going.. and frankly Josh has others he can play situationally IMHO and perhaps have better play calls from time to time.. but then he does not have the total lock on bad calls in invesco either.. I had heard many folks with the same argument over the years..

Lonestar
11-23-2009, 01:32 PM
I agree with what you saw. I think the onside was to try to take them off guard and sneak it in. Didn't work so it looked bad.

not sure I was happy with keeping him in the game but the damage was done on the first cheap shot by merriman, so why not try and get back in the game.. if we could have kept it at losing to 9 points of less them the tie breaker with SAN would have still applied.. maybe that was on/in the back of his mind.. remeber this kid has never been on a losing team and he is competive..

Yes it showed that he is commited and has a lot of courage and heart!

But if you play devil's advocate....if he wasn't 100% he should have thought of the team and said I am not able to put pressure on my ankle so maybe we try Brandstater for a series.

Who knows. But I love Orton's heart and think he is underrated. :coffee:

I really liked what I saw when he came in and the team responded he was decisive and made some plays that Simms was unable to ..

I think he wanted to not get any farther behind with Brandy (he knows from practice what he can and can not do) and the game was still winnable when he made that change..

I'm not sure about the on side kick but had it been pulled off it could have been a game changer the OTHER direction.. Josh is a gamer would rather have that than some one afraid to take chances.. someone said it hit Barrett in the hands I did not see it but that was what I heard.. so games are won and lost in inches.. took a gamble and it bounced the wrong way..

Dreadnought
11-23-2009, 01:38 PM

I dont doubt it had something to do with his play after that, but I wont use it as an excuse either. Good observation

You and I can differ pretty strongly on McDaniels, Shanahan, whatever - I doubt there's much dispute that Merriman has been a disgrace to the NFL almost since day one. He is a piece of crap.

Lonestar
11-23-2009, 01:39 PM
There was a lot of inefficiency in our passing game. Gaffney and Marshall were targeted 9 times each, but only had 3 receptions. 6/18 out of the two most targeted receivers for the game is awful. Moreover, we were horrendous on third downs; offensively and defensively. Turnovers shifted momentum in the Chargers favor big time.

I don't blame Moreno for the fumble, in fact I think he should have got more touches. Not having Ryan Harris at RT is horrid for the Bronocos. Our DL exerted all their force the first six games. It seems like they're slow to the punch and getting beat at the P.O.A, consistently. They are worn down.

Still impressed by the vigor of Williams and Davis on the inside. A lack of a pass rush left the secondary open for a while, but they did all right other than three long plays. TBQH, I thought McBath did well on Gates. Good job on stepping in for Dawkins.

I know your a big time Moreno fan but the facts are IIRC he has coughed up the ball in the redzone alot.. now I could be wrong there but that is my recollection.. 3 of 4 deep in the redzone..

the two turnovers shifted MO big time and had our D been able to come up with a stop they should not have killed us but they did.. I was impressed with DJ in getting tackle BLOS something I do not remember him doing till this game..

but we were also getting killed running up the middle an area that DJ and davis are responsible for not sure what happened but it was bad..

Lonestar
11-23-2009, 01:41 PM
You and I can differ pretty strongly on McDaniels, Shanahan, whatever - I doubt there's much dispute that Merriman has been a disgrace to the NFL almost since day one. He is a piece of crap.

yep we can agree to disagree on Josh, and merriman is a dirty player but he will most likely be going to the probowl agin this year.. lets hope he gets a really big head and goes FA to the NFC east..

weazel
11-23-2009, 01:45 PM

thats why the Chargers are done with him. He will be FA at the end of the season, I wonder who picks him up?

CoachChaz
11-23-2009, 01:47 PM
I know your a big time Moreno fan but the facts are IIRC he has coughed up the ball in the redzone alot.. now I could be wrong there but that is my recollection.. 3 of 4 deep in the redzone..

the two turnovers shifted MO big time and had our D been able to come up with a stop they should not have killed us but they did.. I was impressed with DJ in getting tackle BLOS something I do not remember him doing till this game..

but we were also getting killed running up the middle an area that DJ and davis are responsible for not sure what happened but it was bad..

There are really only 2 defenses for Moreno. First, he's a rookie. Alot of rookies fumble a bit in their first year as they adjust to the NFL. I expect it to be cured...and I dont really blame him for yesterday's fumble. That one was on Hochstein (inadvertantly).

Second...ANY RB wants to get carries to get into a rhythm. Moreno had 10 for 80 yards. Last I checked...that's a pretty good average. Sure, the team got behind and we HAD to pass, but no RB...rookie or veteran...will ever get into a rhythm with 10-15 sporadic carries at a time.

IMO, that's why we lost last week. Moreno was running great and we abandoned the run and let Simms stink it up.

slim
11-23-2009, 01:47 PM

Dick needs to retire. He is painful to listen to.

NightTrainLayne
11-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Dick needs to retire. He is painful to listen to.

Yeah. . .when he was talking about Brandon Stokely lining up wide to the left, while Stokely was on the right in the slot with Daniel Graham out wide to the left. .. .I can't fathom how he still gets paid to do that job. He used to be great, but he's waaaaayyyy past his "best when used by" date.

topscribe
11-23-2009, 02:00 PM
Yeah. . .when he was talking about Brandon Stokely lining up wide to the left, while Stokely was on the right in the slot with Daniel Graham out wide to the left. .. .I can't fathom how he still gets paid to do that job. He used to be great, but he's waaaaayyyy past his "best when used by" date.

lol

-----

slim
11-23-2009, 02:02 PM

Yeah, there is a long list of boneheaded things he said yesterday.

Thankfully, I opened the Johnny Walker at halftime so I don't remember most of them.

Dreadnought
11-23-2009, 02:06 PM
Yeah, there is a long list of boneheaded things he said yesterday.

Thankfully, I opened the Johnny Walker at halftime so I don't remember most of them.

My rule of thumb is I get to have a drink every time the Bronc's score a TD. I have an intact 6 pack of really good beer waiting untouched in my fridge from yesterday, which helps increase my level of pissedoffedness.

Northman
11-23-2009, 02:08 PM

You truly aggravate me.

topscribe
11-23-2009, 02:08 PM
My rule of thumb is I get to have a drink every time the Bronc's score a TD. I have an intact 6 pack of really good beer waiting untouched in my fridge from yesterday, which helps increase my level of pissedoffedness.

May you be drunk as a skunk by 9:00 p.m. Thursday night . . . :beer:

-----

Dreadnought
11-23-2009, 02:10 PM
May you be drunk as a skunk by 9:00 p.m. Thursday night . . . :beer:

-----

In my dreams I will have run through all my beer and been forced into drinking Scotch :salute:

Lonestar
11-23-2009, 02:13 PM
There are really only 2 defenses for Moreno. First, he's a rookie. Alot of rookies fumble a bit in their first year as they adjust to the NFL. I expect it to be cured...and I dont really blame him for yesterday's fumble. That one was on Hochstein (inadvertantly).

Second...ANY RB wants to get carries to get into a rhythm. Moreno had 10 for 80 yards. Last I checked...that's a pretty good average. Sure, the team got behind and we HAD to pass, but no RB...rookie or veteran...will ever get into a rhythm with 10-15 sporadic carries at a time.

IMO, that's why we lost last week. Moreno was running great and we abandoned the run and let Simms stink it up.

I understand the logic of getting him carries but IIRC 3 of his 4 fumbles were deep in the red zone.. could be wrong on that and I'm sure Dream will correct me if I am.. I like the pick in the draft thought it was gutsy.. someone we needed years ago..

but if he is unable to hang on to the ball in the redzone bring in someone else to do it deep in the goal line area like Mike bell was the designated goal line guy years ago (one of the only years we did not stink it up inside the 5) and in NE for years they used Faulk and then also brought in the Vrabel for red zone work after the team got down there..

I suspect that will happen SOON.. until he learns not to fumbleroski..

as for the game before yes we should have tried to run the ball MORE..

Lonestar
11-23-2009, 02:16 PM

sounds like you need to move to a DRY state to get rid of the pissedoffedness..:laugh:

Lonestar
11-23-2009, 02:17 PM
You truly aggravate me.

take a number:salute:

getagrip
11-23-2009, 02:56 PM
As I said either earlier or in a different thread.....even the post game wrap up article articulated the targeting of the ankle by Merriman.
Frankly, I hope a suspension and/or fine is coming.

Boy, we lose this game and the excuses just keep coming out. I had to register and pipe in as I cant stand the whinning and crying...

WE LOST, WE GOT BEAT DOWN.... Merriman or not, we would have lost today... Suspension?? you ARE funny.....

topscribe
11-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Boy, we lose this game and the excuses just keep coming out. I had to register and pipe in as I cant stand the whinning and crying...

WE LOST, WE GOT BEAT DOWN.... Merriman or not, we would have lost today... Suspension?? you ARE funny.....

First, welcome the the Forums. :welcome:

That aside, now, why is a call for suspension of that Merriman POS so comical?
His intentional shot at Orton's ankle could have ended Orton's season, and
possibly even career.

Yeah, Merriman should be suspended . . . for the rest of the season, IMO.

And I would be saying that if the Broncos had won . . .

-----

Dreadnought
11-23-2009, 03:04 PM
sounds like you need to move to a DRY state to get rid of the pissedoffedness..:laugh:

Never! I don't even consider such places civilized; they rank up there with Borneo and New Guinea as places best avoided

Lonestar
11-23-2009, 03:04 PM

welcome to the forum

possibly even career.

-----

I agree there are rules and for a good reason.. he went for the lower leg IIRC Twice.. lets hope the league makes him pay for taking cheap shots..

Lonestar
11-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Never! I don't even consider such places civilized; they rank up there with Borneo and New Guinea as places best avoided

I only suggested it as it would help you for the next year or so while the Broncos learn the scheme..

Dreadnought
11-23-2009, 03:06 PM

possibly even career.

-----

We got stomped but good, outplayed and outcoached, but that has no bearing on wanting to see that turd Merriman suspended. He should be gone, period. He is a cheap shot artist and an embarrasment to the NFL

sanluis
11-23-2009, 03:19 PM
I have said before that INJURIES are what has zapped Denver's mojo. Not McD's play calling, not Orton's arm, not the running game, and not the D.

Denver is trying to play with a patch work O-line. The right side is all new.
The starting QB is trying to play on one leg. His injury is catastrophic to the team IMO.
Dawkins is hurt and was out for most of the Charger game. He is the heart and soul of the D if not the team IMO.

These injuries are huge!!!!!!!!!!!! Denver is a team in transition as many have pointed out and just doesn't have the depth to replace injured players.

Denver still has a good team and will turn things around as players come back healthy.

On the OS kick I think it was a great call and showed huge confidence in the D. You don't do something like that w/out feeling that your D is going to stop the other team if it doesn't turn out IMO. In hind sight it did not turn out well but just think if Denver would have gotten the ball... the mo of the game would have completely flipped!!!

Hang in there Denver fans .... :beer:

Mike
11-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Can't you just let us hate everything SD related, sanluis?

Watchthemiddle
11-23-2009, 03:28 PM
We went 6-0 with a pretty healthy team. When your healthy you win games, cause turnovers, and play smart.

This team is starting to get hurt. Don't give me "we shouldn't hit so much in practice" either. A rolled up ankle on your starting QB has nothing to do with hitting in practice.

McD is not making smart choices either. I guess he might have been trying to catch SD off gaurd on that on sides kick, but you need to tell your coverage team you are going to do it. I don't think he lost confidence in the D because at that point they were holding them to one td and two fg's.

We are lucky we are at home this week. NY had a shootout game and now must travel here.

Maybe we can lay a finger on Manning...unlike against Rivers.

sanluis
11-23-2009, 03:29 PM
We got stomped but good, outplayed and outcoached, but that has no bearing on wanting to see that turd Merriman suspended. He should be gone, period. He is a cheap shot artist and an embarrasment to the NFL

Now everyone needs to turn down their orange colored glasses just a bit.

Denver and the cut blocking o-line are to blame for Merriman falling into Orton. Or do you guys read minds and know Merriman's and every one's intent?? :confused:

I thought we should have brought even more blitz at Orton than we did and he wouldn't have been as successful as he was on Sunday. I didn't want Kyle to get hurt. I just wanted to win the game. Believe it or not that was what Merriman was trying to do as well.

getagrip
11-23-2009, 03:33 PM

possibly even career.

-----

Why is it comical, due to 90 percent of the games have that in it, we are just seeing it more so due to it's "our" team it's happening too... Most of my friends that are not Bronco fans think we have the cheapest shots on our OL... So, it's all about what team is your's and how you see it.

From looking in from the outside, he just made the play and some fans are/will look to anything to whine or make an excuse. bottom line, we lost... and not because of that play.

MOtorboat
11-23-2009, 03:43 PM
What happened today...

We got pwned.

IqBb97PNA64

BoltsOwnU
11-23-2009, 03:45 PM

I'll dispute it. Throw some tape up, otherwise, stow the sour grapes. It's unbecoming for a good group of knowledgeable fans.

"Went after his ankle?"?! Give me a break, we was getting blocked low or cut to the ground everytime he'd round the corner. You guys act like given a clean shot Sm would take aim for the ankle and dive for it? LOL now THAT is funny if you've ever watched him play. Had he had a clean shot at any point, much less taken aim, KO would have gotten flung to the earth by his upper body, or seen the ball stripped, not ankle tackled.

claymore
11-23-2009, 03:47 PM
I'll dispute it. Throw some tape up, otherwise, stow the sour grapes. It's unbecoming for a good group of knowledgeable fans.

"Went after his ankle?"?! Give me a break, we was getting blocked low or cut to the ground everytime he'd round the corner. You guys act like given a clean shot Sm would take aim for the ankle and dive for it? LOL now THAT is funny if you've ever watched him play. Had he had a clean shot at any point, much less taken aim, KO would have gotten flung to the earth by his upper body, or seen the ball stripped, not ankle tackled.

He bit KO's ankle, I saw it.

getagrip
11-23-2009, 03:51 PM

Denver's OL is known around the league as Career Killers.. meaning, they go for the knees....

I have yet to see Merriman do that. I think those that hate that much are just envious...(sp)

rottenbanana36
11-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Hey all.. chargers fan here.. I was pretty surprised to see him go that low.. I don't think merriman is a dirty player.. he's never done anything like that before and I doubt he was intentionally trying to hurt Kyle Orton worse.. more than likely just trying to make a play..

topscribe
11-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Now everyone needs to turn down their orange colored glasses just a bit.

Denver and the cut blocking o-line are to blame for Merriman falling into Orton. Or do you guys read minds and know Merriman's and every one's intent?? :confused:

I thought we should have brought even more blitz at Orton than we did and he wouldn't have been as successful as he was on Sunday. I didn't want Kyle to get hurt. I just wanted to win the game. Believe it or not that was what Merriman was trying to do as well.

Everyone on this board knows you didn't want Orton hurt, San Luis. Or should.

But there is one difference between you and Merriman: You have class . . . :coffee:

-----

slim
11-23-2009, 03:53 PM

You are a better man than me.

There is no way I could watch this team if I am sober.

topscribe
11-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Why is it comical, due to 90 percent of the games have that in it, we are just seeing it more so due to it's "our" team it's happening too... Most of my friends that are not Bronco fans think we have the cheapest shots on our OL... So, it's all about what team is your's and how you see it.

From looking in from the outside, he just made the play and some fans are/will look to anything to whine or make an excuse. bottom line, we lost... and not because of that play.

I'm not impressed by your fans. I don't know your fans . . . or you.

I saw what I saw. Even the announcers were dismayed there wasn't a penalty.
Merriman is a POS, and that is his best attribute . . .

-----

rottenbanana36
11-23-2009, 03:59 PM
is merriman really that big of a pos? I mean other than his completely obnoxious stupid dance.. and what happened yesterday.. what else did he really do?

MOtorboat
11-23-2009, 04:00 PM
is merriman really that big of a pos? I mean other than his completely obnoxious stupid dance.. and what happened yesterday.. what else did he really do?

Cheat?

rottenbanana36
11-23-2009, 04:06 PM
romanowski? you have to at least judge on an even playing field.. he cheated... he got punished for it.. not saying that cheating is ok.. but if that's your standard for a POS...

Lonestar
11-23-2009, 04:08 PM
romanowski? you have to at least judge on an even playing field.. he cheated... he got punished for it.. not saying that cheating is ok.. but if that's your standard for a POS...

but the huge difference was at the time he did it was not exactly illegal, nor did we know he was.. unlike SM..

MOtorboat
11-23-2009, 04:08 PM

Oh Romanowski was a real POS...but I loved him when he played for us.

topscribe
11-23-2009, 04:11 PM

You post that as if it is supposed to excuse Merriman.

It doesn't make any difference what Romanowski was. Merriman is still a POS . . .

-----

Lonestar
11-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Oh Romanowski was a real POS...but I loved him when he played for us.

Hey I loved the guy anyone that brings along his own masseuse and uses a hyperbolic chamber to heal his battle scars is a unique guy..

we needed an enforcer after Atwater left..

getagrip
11-23-2009, 04:13 PM
You post that as if it is supposed to excuse Merriman.

It doesn't make any difference what Romanowski was. Merriman is still a POS . . .

-----

Boy, the hate for Merriman just equates to you wishing he was on our team.. boy, you sound bad...lol

topscribe
11-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Boy, the hate for Merriman just equates to you wishing he was on our team.. boy, you sound bad...lol

If you had true values, you would understand where I am coming from. I don't
give a shit whom the player plays for. Cheap shots and disregard for the health
of others are what they are. Therefore, Merriman is a low-life cheap-shot artist,
no matter what colors he wears . . .

-----

rottenbanana36
11-23-2009, 04:19 PM
it definitely doesn't excuse it.. i'll be the first person to say it.. if you cheat you should be suspended.. and he was.. its probably fair to say he doesn't do it anymore... once you get caught doing it once I think you are tested more often than anybody else is.. if he is still doing it and it comes out that he is then I'll eat the crow for it..

Ravage!!!
11-23-2009, 04:24 PM
OMG.. :laugh: Charger fans saying that the zbs is 'career killers' .. must be why more teams in the NFL are adopting the ZBS .. because its soooo 'wrong'.... as if the Chargers don't cut block. Dumbest thing I've ever heard.

rottenbanana36
11-23-2009, 04:25 PM
of others are what they are. Therefore, Merriman is a low-life cheap-shot artist,

-----

The hit by merriman was a low shot.. whether or not he was trying to intentionally hurt Orton.. I guess only he will ever know.. but can I ask how you felt about tom nalen when he played for the broncos?

weazel
11-23-2009, 04:39 PM
it definitely doesn't excuse it.. i'll be the first person to say it.. if you cheat you should be suspended.. and he was.. its probably fair to say he doesn't do it anymore... once you get caught doing it once I think you are tested more often than anybody else is.. if he is still doing it and it comes out that he is then I'll eat the crow for it..

95% of the players use some kind pf performance enhancers, I dont think they are worried aobut the tests at all. Theres a reason you can go online and buy wizzinators and bottles of clean piss.

topscribe
11-23-2009, 04:44 PM
The hit by merriman was a low shot.. whether or not he was trying to intentionally hurt Orton.. I guess only he will ever know.. but can I ask how you felt about tom nalen when he played for the broncos?

Once again, what does that matter? Do you not read English? Is there another
language you would prefer to read?

Merriman is what he is. What anybody else is does not matter. Merriman is what
he is.

Let me say it once again for you. Merriman is what he is.

-----

weazel
11-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Romanowskiis a scumbag, I hated him when he played for Denver. Merriman is a scumbag, I cant stand him either.

They are about the same, no better, no worse.

KCL
11-23-2009, 04:50 PM

he is.

-----

what's that top? SM is what? ;)

Northman
11-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Can't you just let us hate everything SD related, sanluis?

No shit, why cant Sal just do a Rivers on us and let us hate him just a little bit. He is much too cool to be a Chargers fan. :lol:

getagrip
11-24-2009, 11:49 AM

-----

Then i guess by your "logic", the whole Denver Line is a "low-life cheap-shot artist as you state. .....

getagrip
11-24-2009, 11:55 AM

he is.

-----

I get it, you mean Merriman is better than anyone on Denver's team and your anger is just pure JEALOUSY... can't say much more... you seem to have a hard on for him.. too bad he isn't on Denver.... Sorry to ruin your wet dream

EastCoastBronco
11-24-2009, 12:10 PM
I get it, you mean Merriman is better than anyone on Denver's team and your anger is just pure JEALOUSY... can't say much more... you seem to have a hard on for him.. too bad he isn't on Denver.... Sorry to ruin your wet dream

Hit the road you goddam troll...

KCL
11-24-2009, 12:19 PM

Hey getagrip....get a grip.

topscribe
11-24-2009, 12:25 PM
Hey getagrip....get a grip.

Nice play on words. :laugh:

I think, however, I have been arguing with an adolescent there and have taken
it too far. I was about to respond by telling him to grow up, but then I stopped
and pondered that maybe that's what I need to do . . .

-----

jhildebrand
11-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Then i guess by your "logic", the whole Denver Line is a "low-life cheap-shot artist as you state. .....

Nice use of facts. Had you known your facts, not fax mind you, you would know San Diego has utilized the cut blocking more than Denver for the last two years running.

jhildebrand
11-24-2009, 12:28 PM

Yep his 4 sacks are AWESOME!

PROBOWL!

CHAMPIONSHIP!

Get outta here and take your love for your ROIDHEAD with you!

rcsodak
11-24-2009, 12:33 PM

Nice 'name'... :rolleyes:

And where have I ever given "excuses", letalone "whinning and crying"?

I acknowledged Merriman's dirty antics, and made mention of them also being in the post game wrap up.

Maybe you should learn to read before you go to all the trouble of registering and piping in with your non-alertness to facts.

rcsodak
11-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Denver's OL is known around the league as Career Killers.. meaning, they go for the knees....

I have yet to see Merriman do that. I think those that hate that much are just envious...(sp)

Troll alert

getagrip
11-24-2009, 12:44 PM
Yep his 4 sacks are AWESOME!

PROBOWL!

CHAMPIONSHIP!

Get outta here and take your love for your ROIDHEAD with you!

Oh, i feel the love..lol.. seems you don't take losing well, and it is clear that you are OWNED by the bolts. 4 in a row.. 4 in a row.. lmao

come on, reply with your hatred remarks.. i'm sure that will help your team win.. god i love talking to those that can't handle it...lol. such fun

rcsodak
11-24-2009, 12:48 PM

Trollllllll!

rcsodak
11-24-2009, 12:49 PM

Anybody ever tell you you're not a very good story teller? :coffee:

Troll.
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=830113&postcount=86

Mods! Isn't misrepresentation a no-no?

KCL
11-24-2009, 12:59 PM
So getagrip is a Chargers fan? Is that right....

getagrip
11-24-2009, 01:31 PM
Anybody ever tell you you're not a very good story teller? :coffee:

Troll.
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=830113&postcount=86

Mods! Isn't misrepresentation a no-no?

How funny, you lose your arguement and cry to the mods ...lol..

how funny

NightTrainLayne
11-24-2009, 01:32 PM

Oh, i feel the love..lol.. seems you don't take losing well, and it is clear that you are OWNED by the bolts. 4 in a row.. 4 in a row.. lmao

come on, reply with your hatred remarks.. i'm sure that will help your team win.. god i love talking to those that can't handle it...lol. such fun

Wait a minute. Are you a Broncos fan or a Charger fan? Seems like you're playing both sides of the fence here.

slim
11-24-2009, 01:33 PM

Yes, apparently she is.

sanluis
11-24-2009, 01:35 PM

Sure sounds like it. :tsk:

If that guy wants to tweak Denver fans beaks come in here and talk crap in the smack forum before the game. To do so only after and to pose as a Denver fan is low IMO and offensive to me. I know he was just kidding around but it really isn't that funny to me... :coffee:

Oh well....

KCL
11-24-2009, 01:37 PM
Wait a minute. Are you a Broncos fan or a Charger fan? Seems like you're playing both sides of the fence here.

That's why I asked if he (or she) was a SD fan.

topscribe

If that guy wants to tweak Denver fans beaks come in here and talk crap in the smack forum before the game. To do so only after and to pose as a Denver fan is low IMO and offensive to me. I know he was just kidding around but it really isn't that funny to me... :coffee:

Oh well....

Just making the most of his short stay, I suppose . . . :coffee:

-----

NightTrainLayne

Oh well....

SanLuis, lately you have made an astronomical leap up my favorite poster leaderboard. You're still in the bottom 25% being a Charger fan, but you are moving in the right direction. :D

weazel
11-24-2009, 01:38 PM
getagrip? wow, another "fan"...

sanluis, looks like the bandwagon is filling up. How can you stand these ******** that only come out when the team is winning? I dont think I could stomach that, I would have to call them out. I always poke fun that there are no Charger fans, just bandwagon jumpers when they finally win some games but this guy (and a ton other) just prove my point.

Sanluis, your team needs more fans like yourself...

KCL
11-24-2009, 01:39 PM

Oh well....

Every team has their trolls and apparently I am the Chief's troll...or so I have
been told...:lol:

topscribe
11-24-2009, 01:39 PM
SanLuis, lately you have made an astronomical leap up my favorite poster leaderboard. You're still in the bottom 25% being a Charger fan, but you are moving in the right direction. :D

lol . . . San Luis has escaped the Chargers cesspool in my view.

He's just up there with me, period. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

topscribe
11-24-2009, 01:41 PM
Every team has their trolls and apparently I am the Chief's troll...or so I have

That's the problem . . . You're too damned classy to be a Chiefs fan . . . :tsk:

-----

GEM
11-24-2009, 01:43 PM

how funny

How funny, you come here posing as a Broncos fan and turn into a Chargers fan.

How funny.

KCL
11-24-2009, 01:46 PM
That's the problem . . . You're too damned classy to be a Chiefs fan . . . :tsk:

-----

I take this as a compliment and a insult...:lol:

topscribe
11-24-2009, 01:47 PM
I take this as a compliment and a insult...:lol:

I'm happy to serve as your source of confusion. :lol:

-----

GEM
11-24-2009, 01:49 PM
I take it the poster in question can't figure out what team he chooses to root for as well as not being able to figure out where to post his rhetoric? I mean how hard is it to read...S M A C K F O R U M? ssssmmmmack foooorum. Sound it out, buddy. Once you're able to figure it out, find your way to the proper forum and post all the ish you want. It's not like you're the first Sparkler we've seen around here and you definitely aren't the most creative. ;)

KCL
11-24-2009, 01:49 PM
How funny, you come here posing as a Broncos fan and turn into a Chargers fan.

How funny.

Probably not even a SD fan..I'd guess a Raiders fan but he's starting to make them look half way decent....:D

But then again...it could be OR...:lol:

KCL
11-24-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm happy to serve as your source of confusion. :lol:

-----

The Chiefs have already made me confused...we lose to the Raiders at home and beat the Steelers there...:confused: :lol:

GEM
Probably not even a SD fan..I'd guess a Raiders fan but he's starting to make them look half way decent....:D

Ya know....when the best thing in your history is beating the Broncos in the regular season...I guess I'd hide my affiliation as well. :whistle:

slim

I bet she has to wear a bib when she eats.

getagrip
11-24-2009, 01:52 PM
What's really funny/sad is your fan base... You get whooped and reality hits, your team sucks...lol..

so, what do you do, you do what a 5year old would do, throw stones...lol...

last post for me, i got my laughs ready all your excuses...

And you're wrong, not a turd fan as they are more football savey than you donkey fans...

bye... have fun watching the chargers in the post season AGAIN...

GEM
11-24-2009, 01:53 PM
What's really funny/sad is your fan base... You get whooped and reality hits, your team sucks...lol..

And you're wrong, not a turd fan as they are more football savey than you donkey fans...

Have fun with yet another one and done in January. :salute: That trophy case will still be empty!

Northman
11-24-2009, 01:54 PM

Apparently you havent met Boob yet. :lol:

Northman
11-24-2009, 01:56 PM

No problem Capt. One and Done. :salute:

KCL
11-24-2009, 01:56 PM

yea and we'll all be sitting at home just like you watching the SB.

slim
11-24-2009, 01:57 PM
I am trying to find a DVD copy of the last San Diego Super Bowl win, but I can't remember what year that was.

Can someone help me out with that?

KCL
11-24-2009, 01:58 PM
I am trying to find a DVD copy of the last San Diego Super Bowl win, but I can't remember what year that was.

Was it around the time when the Chiefs won?

:couch:

oh wait they don't have a trophy..do they?

Northman
11-24-2009, 01:59 PM

Dont know, someone said they made an appearance in 95' but i think that could be a myth. :confused:

KCL
11-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Apparently you havent met Boob yet. :lol:

Nope...can't say that I have...:D

Dreadnought
11-24-2009, 02:00 PM

Best I could come up with. Sad, but there it is.

http://www.profootballhof.com/userfiles//1963.jpg

slim
11-24-2009, 02:02 PM

Well that's just sad.

KCL
11-24-2009, 02:04 PM

Yep...that's around the time when the Chiefs actually won playoff
games... :frusty: and got their SB trophy...oh good lord...:tsk:

oh wait...I guess we won a couple back in 93...:rolleyes:

Dreadnought
11-24-2009, 02:05 PM
Well that's just sad.

I know. Maybe they would feel better if the NFL was like Special Olympics and we could all be champions, even the Chargers!

topscribe
11-24-2009, 02:16 PM
So it looks like we've all gotten sucked into smacking with that troll.

Just what he wanted . . . :coffee:

-----

slim
11-24-2009, 02:18 PM
Righteous indignation, FTW

topscribe
11-24-2009, 02:20 PM
Righteous indignation, FTW

Wasn't that a rock group or something?

-----

KCL
11-24-2009, 02:23 PM
So it looks like we've all gotten sucked into smacking with that troll.

Just what he wanted . . . :coffee:

-----

That's okay...smacking with the trolls never hurt anybody.

slim
11-24-2009, 02:33 PM
Wasn't that a rock group or something?

-----

LOL...I don't know. If not, it should have been.

rcsodak
11-24-2009, 02:51 PM

how funny

LMAO! You've yet to make a point!

Other than you're not who you proclaim to be. And felt you had to use false pretenses in order to even be heard.

Troll. :coffee:

"THANK YOU RC FOR BEING ON THE BALL!!!!!"