PDA

View Full Version : Mcd talking trash

BroncoSojia
11-22-2009, 09:39 PM
http://www3.signonsandiego.com/weblogs/chargers/2009/nov/22/mcdaniels-incites-chargers/

The Chargers were all talking after today's 32-3 victory about Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels telling the Chargers linebackers, "We own you" as he passed them on the field during pregame warmups.

"I'm not surprised," Shaun Phillips said. "He's a little cocky (rear end). It's all good, all fun and games. We didn't look too much into it. As a coach, I hope he has that mind-set. But to say he owns us? I mean, you beat us one time. What has he really done in this league? He had a team 6-0 and now he's looking up at us from second place."

McDaniels said after the game as he headed to his car that the Chargers "talked to me first."

He then said, "I'm not making a story about this. If I did, I'd be able to tell you some things that aren't for papers."

-- KEVIN ACEE

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Fodder for morons. It's most likely that Phillips made this shit up, or embellished...

Ravage!!!
11-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Fodder for morons. It's most likely that Phillips made this shit up, or embellished...

If mcdaniels said "they talked to me first".. he knows he said something.

I dont' find it shocking to believe that McDaniels talked trash.

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 10:31 PM
If mcdaniels said "they talked to me first".. he knows he said something.

I dont' find it shocking to believe that McDaniels talked trash.

Right, you have never believed anything McDaniels has said. so what does that tell us?

Ravage!!!
11-22-2009, 10:33 PM
Right, you have never believed anything McDaniels has said. so what does that tell us?

Tells me that if he SAYS he was talked to FIRST.. means he had a reply. Means he KNOWS he said something in RETURN to the "first talk." YOur problem, is you think everything that isn't positve against McDaniels is an attack.

Tells me.. that I'm willing to actually think for myself and SEE whats going on, rather than believe everything is "mistake free" from the coaching staff. Especially a young and very cocky coaching staff.

Tells me that I don't believe anything YOU tell me. I know I'm too smart for that.

getlynched47
11-22-2009, 10:35 PM
That's a stupid thing to do

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Tells me that if he SAYS he was talked to FIRST.. means he had a reply. Means he KNOWS he said something in RETURN to the "first talk." YOur problem, is you think everything that isn't positve against McDaniels is an attack.

Tells me.. that I'm willing to actually think for myself and SEE whats going on, rather than believe everything is "mistake free" from the coaching staff. Especially a young and very cocky coaching staff.

Tells me that I don't believe anything YOU tell me. I know I'm too smart for that.

Anyone remember when Jay Cutler was accused of starting the beef between the Broncos and the Chargers?

Anyone?

rcsodak
11-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Anyone remember when Jay Cutler was accused of starting the beef between the Broncos and the Chargers?

Anyone?

Who? :confused:

Denver Native (Carol)
11-22-2009, 10:42 PM
DAMN - The Chargers talked trash before the game when we played them there. Get off of Coach McD - If they said something to him, I am GLAD he said something back - you know - it's like - I don't like the trash talk in regards to my team.

Ravage!!!
11-22-2009, 10:45 PM

Anyone?

AND? whats the point, other than you doing yoru best to bring Cutler back into the conversation AGAIN. Thats all you do, and thats your only retort on any conversation.

NightTrainLayne
11-22-2009, 10:46 PM
I don't doubt that the Chargers said something first (something reported via Twitter), nor that McD responded.

I've never been a big fan of trash talking, but it's really hard to fault someone for responding to it.

rcsodak
11-22-2009, 10:47 PM
AND? whats the point, other than you doing yoru best to bring Cutler back into the conversation AGAIN. Thats all you do, and thats your only retort on any conversation.

Who?:confused:

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 10:47 PM

You and your buddies fail on so many levels.

We all know why you feel how you feel.

I'm not an idiot.

Ravage!!!
11-22-2009, 10:49 PM
You and your buddies fail on so many levels.

We all know why you feel how you feel.

I'm not an idiot.

I could debate that as well.

But we've moved on. You haven't. You can't see things simply because you are so defensive. Its like you are trying to defend you baby brother. THe ONLY people that continue to bring up former Qbs... are you, Wiz, shazaam, and Overtime. Who's the one that hasn't gotten past him?

Shazam!
11-22-2009, 10:49 PM
AND? whats the point, other than you doing yoru best to bring Cutler back into the conversation AGAIN. Thats all you do, and thats your only retort on any conversation

Its like you are trying to defend you baby brother. THe ONLY people that continue to bring up former Qbs... are you, Wiz, shazaam, and Overtime. Who's the one that hasn't gotten past him?

Oh please. You shit on McDaniels and Orton no matter what and kiss Jay Cutler between the back pockets in nearly every thread. I could've listed a crew too, but I choose not to.

BroncoBJ
11-22-2009, 10:50 PM
I like the cockiness/swagger in McDaniels. So who cares if he talked trash to them. The Chargers deserve to get trashed on. I hope KC Steamrolls them next week. :fight:

Nothing but bandwagon fans and lowlife players. They'll get what they deserve. :salute:

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 10:52 PM
I could debate that as well.

But we've moved on. You haven't. You can't see things simply because you are so defensive. Its like you are trying to defend you baby brother. THe ONLY people that continue to bring up former Qbs... are you, Wiz, shazaam, and Overtime. Who's the one that hasn't gotten past him?

It doesn't take a genius to see why you morons hate Orton. And it goes on and on and on.

Sorry if its obvious when you were trying to make it not be obvious...lol...

Timmy!
11-22-2009, 11:06 PM
Oh look! A Cutler thread! :tampon:

Broncoboy
11-23-2009, 12:09 AM
Whatta waste of space

GEM
11-23-2009, 12:21 AM
Would ya'll effing grow the hell up? For Christ sake...ya'll fight worse than my 9 year old and my 11 year old. The division ya'll are creating on this board is disgusting at best. Both sides are guilty.

Onto the SUBJECT of the thread...McDaniels talking trash...I'd like if we would build up more than just a 6 game win streak and a 3 game lose streak prior to talking trash. I'd like for the Broncos to whoop the Chargers ass like they have done to us prior to a new coach sounding off. On the other hand...the Sparklers have always been big mouths with nothing to back it up. Their SB has always been beating the Broncos, but when it comes down to getting the real goal taken care of, they fail. Maybe, just maybe, they should just shut the hell up until they can actually win what all the players play for, a Super Bowl. Maybe even get to one before opening those mouths. Just a thought, though.

Poet
11-23-2009, 12:23 AM
If McDaniels did talk shit to him then he's a damn fool.

Timmy!
11-23-2009, 12:23 AM
:gem:

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 12:25 AM
Would ya'll effing grow the hell up? For Christ sake...ya'll fight worse than my 9 year old and my 11 year old. The division ya'll are creating on this board is disgusting at best. Both sides are guilty.

Onto the SUBJECT of the thread...McDaniels talking trash...I'd like if we would build up more than just a 6 game win streak and a 3 game lose streak prior to talking trash. I'd like for the Broncos to whoop the Chargers ass like they have done to us prior to a new coach sounding off. On the other hand...the Sparklers have always been big mouths with nothing to back it up. Their SB has always been beating the Broncos, but when it comes down to getting the real goal taken care of, they fail. Maybe, just maybe, they should just shut the hell up until they can actually win what all the players play for, a Super Bowl. Maybe even get to one before opening those mouths. Just a thought, though.

Good post...

...and would have been even better had you not made the religious remark.

sneakers
11-23-2009, 12:29 AM
It is lame that someone has a job listening for and reporting that kind of crap.

Broncoboy
11-23-2009, 12:29 AM
Likely trash talking scenario....
Sean Philips (main Charger smacker): "Ya'll goin down Josh.
Weze gonna whip you like the end of last year."

Josh McD: "Yeah, like you guys did at the Murph. We own you guys."

This happens ALL the time fellas. A coach won't eat smack like the rest of us.

GEM
11-23-2009, 12:52 AM
Good post...

So report me.

Should I pc up my post while you pc up your signature line?

Goes to the very point of my thread. Going after each other for peddly bs.

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 01:20 AM
So report me.

Do what you want, gem. Personally, I have sigs turned off, so unless someone WANTS to see them, they don't have to.

Unlike if I want to read a post in a football forum...... :coffee:

Timmy!
11-23-2009, 01:30 AM
So report me.

:gem: :gem: :gem: :gem:

GEM
11-23-2009, 10:35 AM
Do what you want, gem. Personally, I have sigs turned off, so unless someone WANTS to see them, they don't have to.

The point was I have to see your political signature every time I view your post in the football forum. The old saying about rocks and glass houses.

Dr Velcro
11-23-2009, 10:44 AM
Good post...

Please stay on topic.

It is lame that someone has a job listening for and reporting that kind of crap.

Agreed

Then ignore her as a poster.

This isn't against the COC.

I'm glad you aren't the one to determine my destination, oh mighty one.
Seriously. Stop trying to lure her out. I think you are doing this on purpose...knowing she's already heated about the topic AT HAND.

She's a good mod. Let up, rc. Jealous YOU aren't in her spot?

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 12:16 PM
******* embarissing IMO

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 12:28 PM

Gem rocks. she is wrong on this issue but rocks just the same

MOtorboat
11-23-2009, 12:29 PM

Gem rocks. she is wrong on this issue but rocks just the same

Have you voted in my poll yet today, Dortoh?

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 12:31 PM
Have you voted in my poll yet today, Dortoh?

I havent seen it but I'm on my way good man. :salute:

rottenbanana36
11-23-2009, 03:49 PM
hey all.. Just registered.. I'm a chargers fan but I'm not here to talk trash.. actually just to have a civil conversation.. nice to talk to people who aren't chargers fans sometimes because then you get a perspective that is not seen through the blue and gold homer glasses...

on the topic of mcdaniels and our linebackers talking trash.. it doesn't surprise me one bit.. and I can almost promise you that the chargers started it first.. not all of them but specifically Shaun Phillips.. that guy runs his mouth more than anybody on our team.. and he's lucky right now he's actually playing ok so he's backing it up but earlier in the season between him and stephen cooper I just wanted to throw up because they talked too much.. quite the contrary.. merriman actually doesn't talk that much crap.. but regardless... I'm a little bit surprised to see some of you guys defend mcdaniels about his trash talking and stuff and hate phillip rivers for his "trash talking" so much. It seems kind of hypocritical... oh well.. I'm sure this season is not over.. if you guys can get it together before thursday this season is definitely still very much in the balances..

GEM
11-23-2009, 03:52 PM
hey all.. Just registered.. I'm a chargers fan but I'm not here to talk trash.. actually just to have a civil conversation.. nice to talk to people who aren't chargers fans sometimes because then you get a perspective that is not seen through the blue and gold homer glasses...

on the topic of mcdaniels and our linebackers talking trash.. it doesn't surprise me one bit.. and I can almost promise you that the chargers started it first.. not all of them but specifically Shaun Phillips.. that guy runs his mouth more than anybody on our team.. and he's lucky right now he's actually playing ok so he's backing it up but earlier in the season between him and stephen cooper I just wanted to throw up because they talked too much.. quite the contrary.. merriman actually doesn't talk that much crap.. but regardless... I'm a little bit surprised to see some of you guys defend mcdaniels about his trash talking and stuff and hate phillip rivers for his "trash talking" so much. It seems kind of hypocritical... oh well.. I'm sure this season is not over.. if you guys can get it together before thursday this season is definitely still very much in the balances..

It's funny...since Cutler's departure, most here have lightened up on Rivers and his trash talking.

rottenbanana36
11-23-2009, 03:55 PM
haha oh ok.. I haven't been aroung long enough to see it.. haha just reading posts for a week or so..

getagrip
11-23-2009, 03:59 PM
It's funny...since Cutler's departure, most here have lightened up on Rivers and his trash talking.

As they should. I have seen the tape over and over and it seems what was shown in TV wasn't the whole picture. It didnt' show Cutlet at the start. I would take a P. Rivers any day of the week over Cutlet.

jeff george = jay cutlet EQUALS ... team killers.... plain and simple

MOtorboat
11-23-2009, 04:01 PM

He still has a noodle for an arm...:cool:

rottenbanana36
11-23-2009, 04:03 PM
haha that I won't even argue.. an awkward throwing motion.. not the strongest arm.. but somehow the ball gets there.. Not really sure what it is.. but it works..

MOtorboat
11-23-2009, 04:04 PM
haha that I won't even argue.. an awkward throwing motion.. not the strongest arm.. but somehow the ball gets there.. Not really sure what it is.. but it works..

Proof positive that the arm strength people keep whining about when they opine for Cutler to be back here, is irrelevant.

GEM
11-23-2009, 04:07 PM
He still has a noodle for an arm...:cool:

I'd take that noodle arm, passionate QB in a heartbeat if he were up for grabs!

rottenbanana36
11-23-2009, 04:11 PM
arm strength might be one of the most overrated assets ever.. If you had that in addition to that innate ability to win and leadership .. then yes.. but if its in place of those things.. i'd rather have noodle arm

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 04:11 PM
I agree Phillis Rivers is a great QB but I stand my opinon that he is probably a total douche bag in real life.

BoltsOwnU
11-23-2009, 05:53 PM

Indeed, lets grow up. You beat us in our house, we returned the favor. Moving on.:coffee:

As for the rest of your broken record post, we have much more of relevance to speak of than Denver. Most Bolt fans aren't here chiming in about how great we were in Elway's day. Because we weren't. He owned us. Credit goes where it's due. Rivers is now having his way with Denver in a similar fashion, so yeah, you are hearing it from some Boltfans out there.

I always do love how you speak of your old SB wins as if they really matter to anyone in your organization at present. Nope. It's just what some of you cling to in post after post to somehow convince yourself that you field a better team in the present or are otherwise entitled to silence the fans of better teams.

Perhaps if your current roster and/or Coach manages to pick up a whiff of the playoffs then maybe THEN they should talk. Otherwise, according to your logic, you'd better bring back your retired players to do anything else in your season than

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/Rule12b/faijl.jpg

I'm not really even here to be "loud and proud", but I do tire of the same old braying I read in your posts like this. Rather than go apathetic like the bulk of America, I'll take the time to respond. Ok, make your empty trophy case jokes now. You are spot on. But according to your logic, 31 teams fail every season. Does it give you comfort being a Bronco fan to think that way givine your team's abyssmal state? Maybe it does.

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 05:55 PM
Indeed, lets grow up. You beat us in our house, we returned the favor. Moving on.:coffee:

As for the rest of your broken record post, we have much more of relevance to speak of than Denver. Most Bolt fans aren't here chiming in about how great we were in Elway's day. Because we weren't. He owned us. Credit goes where it's due. Rivers is now having his way with Denver in a similar fashion, so yeah, you are hearing it from some Boltfans out there.

I always do love how you speak of your old SB wins as if they really matter to anyone in your organization at present. Nope. It's just what some of you cling to in post after post to somehow convince yourself that you field a better team in the present or are otherwise entitled to silence the fans of better teams.

Perhaps if your current roster and/or Coach manages to pick up a whiff of the playoffs then maybe THEN they should talk. Otherwise, according to your logic, you'd better bring back your retired players to do anything else in your season than

I'm not really even here to be "loud and proud", but I do tire of the same old braying I read in your posts like this. Rather than go apathetic like the bulk of America, I'll take the time to respond.

Those lack of ANY meaningful wins in oh say your francises ENTIRE history really chaff the ass no :laugh:

Northman
11-23-2009, 05:56 PM

For me, i quit giving Rivers a hard time after the last game that Jay played against them. When i saw Rivers had moved on from the fiasco and Jay hadnt i knew where the problem lied. Rivers may talk trash from time to time but he backs it up 100%.

MOtorboat
11-23-2009, 05:58 PM
Those lack of ANY meaningful wins in oh say your francises ENTIRE history really chaff the ass no :laugh:

Hey, dammit, they went to a Super Bowl once.

Northman
11-23-2009, 06:01 PM

Oh yea, i forgot about that atrocity. Fitting demise for that punk Seau. :D

GEM
11-23-2009, 06:01 PM

I'm not really even here to be "loud and proud", but I do tire of the same old braying I read in your posts like this. Rather than go apathetic like the bulk of America, I'll take the time to respond. Ok, make your empty trophy case jokes now. You are spot on. But according to your logic, 31 teams fail every season. Does it give you comfort being a Bronco fan to think that way givine your team's abyssmal state? Maybe it does.

Where in the hell did I mention our SB's? You are asking for the facts for today's NFL. The fact is the Chargers, while having great talent, haven't even been able to get to the Super Bowl. Dispute it.

There's a way to end all of this talk you hate so much....Just Win Baby!

BoltsOwnU
11-23-2009, 06:05 PM

True with about as much success as that 55-10 SB I recall.:tsk:

In any event, if any of you think that I'd ever think an SB win in '94 coupled with 5 seasons of suck now, would give me any right to talk down to the fans of a team that just beat us in our own house so soundly and have done so consistently for the most part in any measure of recency, you are mistaken.

weazel
11-23-2009, 06:06 PM
thats some pretty weak trash talk from McDaniels, he should have told them he ****** their sisters!

weazel
11-23-2009, 06:07 PM

In any event, if any of you think that I'd ever think an SB win in '94 coupled with 5 seasons of suck now, would give me any right to talk down to the fans of a team that just beat us in our own house so soundly and have done so consistently for the most part in any measure of recency, you are mistaken.

superbowls = 0 :elefant:

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 06:08 PM

I get the feeling this is one of those arguements that ends up going on for 6-8 pages and ends up with a bad "yo momma" joke so I'm bowing out now :laugh:

Ravage!!!
11-23-2009, 06:09 PM

you keep thinking that the last 5 years makes up for your entire history of fail. You don't want us to bring up the history of the SB win, but want to bring up...winning some Afc west titles over the last five seasons? Yet you still have NOTHING to show for your AFCW dominance.... nothing. So... congrats to you and your last 5 years??? :lol:

claymore
11-23-2009, 06:10 PM

Fans dont get rings. We just get to talk Shit about players SB wins forever. If you ever get a SB win, you will be sent a certified letter in the mail.

Northman
11-23-2009, 06:10 PM
thats some pretty weak trash talk from McDaniels, he should have told them he ****** their sisters!

Nah, i would of just told Merriman that Tila had a bigger dick than he did. :lol:

weazel
11-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Nah, i would of just told Merriman that Tila had a bigger dick than he did. :lol:

thats not saying much...

Poet
11-23-2009, 06:22 PM
In regards to Rivers, he's a top five QB. Ironically, the knock on him was that he just did what most other good QBs could; win with incredible offensive talent. LT isn't the guy he was, I don't think Gates is either, Jackson is a good number one but not a dominant WR, and he is winning on a team that was decimated by injuries.

He's a monster. I can't stand him and I think he's a punk, but that doesn't diminish what he is on the football field, an elite QB.

sanluis
11-23-2009, 06:36 PM
I beleive Coach McD as well. SP talks a lot of trash. I am surprised Coach McD responded to it. :shocked:

gave something for SP to get fired up about. He forced that first fumble and played well yesterday... so maybe Josh should have kept on walking? :confused:

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 10:35 PM
Please stay on topic.

Agreed

Then ignore her as a poster.

This isn't against the COC.

I'm glad you aren't the one to determine my destination, oh mighty one.
Seriously. Stop trying to lure her out. I think you are doing this on purpose...knowing she's already heated about the topic AT HAND.

She's a good mod. Let up, rc. Jealous YOU aren't in her spot?

LMAO!

Yea....I plead and plead everyday for time consuming authority on an internet forum that I go to for relaxation, information and conversation.

You betcha.

cio' :coffee:

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 10:44 PM

Sorry....but your runon sentence left me.......:confused:

Peerless
11-24-2009, 12:19 AM
I wonder if McDaniels offended any of the Dolts by referring to them as "The Player" or "Players" instead of their birth name.

j3phr3y
11-24-2009, 09:56 AM
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h273/j3phr3y/chargers1.jpg