PDA

View Full Version : Is it time for a team meeting?

Dean
11-22-2009, 08:38 PM
. . . or do we just not have the talent. Clear back to the Ravens game the defense was talking about everyone just doing their job- taking care of their gap. Yet, nothing has changed.

Are we the low talent, struggling in a new of scheme players that many thought we would be at the beginning of the season?

Peer pressure can often work wonders. That is unless we are who most thought we were.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-22-2009, 08:41 PM
I am not ready to give up. There are 6 games left to play, and look at some of the teams who went down today - you never know what can happen.

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 08:44 PM
They don't ever meet. They just come in on Sundays :rolleyes:

Timmy!
11-22-2009, 08:44 PM
I am not ready to give up. There are 6 games left to play, and look at some of the teams who went down today - you never know what can happen.

I still say it's all on Thursday. The Broncos are currently tied for the last playoff spot. If they play like they have the past 4 weeks it's over....if they play like they did the 1st 6 weeks they might win the division. Thanksgiving is the season, IMHO.

Northman
11-22-2009, 08:46 PM
**** the meeting, they need an intervention!

Ravage!!!
11-22-2009, 10:44 PM
People tried to tell me I was crazy when I suggested that three of our wins were luck. People said "we are winning, we are what we are."

So I think we've just come down to earth and not winning by luck. No more tipped passes, no more double kick returns for TDs.. no more taking INTs away and turning them in to last minute 55yrd TDs. Our offense is the same as its always been, and the defense has come back to reality.

Once teams started scoring, and not being shut out, our offense hasn't been able to keep up.

So I'm up for a HUGE team meeting. I'm up for some players to get fired up..because our offense isn't going to score much against NYG

Timmy!
11-22-2009, 11:13 PM
Funny.

Broncos fans: We are totally screwed!

Giants fans: We are totally screwed!

:apocalypse:

Bow to the Turkeys!

rcsodak
11-22-2009, 11:15 PM
Team meetings are nothing but HYPE for the fans/media.

I've heard plenty of ex-players/FO's call them futile.

If anything, they add some adrenaline to practices, and maybe the beginning of the game, but it doesn't last, and can actually be more of a 'power drain' in the end, when the false adrenaline rush wears off.

But hell...I'd be up for a see-sayer or hypnotist if I thought it was worth a couple td's/sacks, etc..... :beer:

Timmy!
11-22-2009, 11:16 PM
:Cutlerisgod:

Lonestar
11-22-2009, 11:19 PM
. . . or do we just not have the talent. Clear back to the Ravens game the defense was talking about everyone just doing their job- taking care of their gap. Yet, nothing has changed.

Are we the low talent, struggling in a new of scheme players that many thought we would be at the beginning of the season?

Peer pressure can often work wonders. That is unless we are who most thought we were.

IMO, coach it is a combination of things .. we are not loaded with talent yet..

the DL was patch work at best we all know that we need a 340+ pound nasty mean SOB at NT some one that can not be moved without using 3 OL types to do so.. then some one else is open to play clean up....

BTW did anyone notice that mclary that went out was a 340 OG or maybe tackle.. when our guys are being out weighed on the LOS we are going to lose about 80% of the time..

the D is flat getting worn out in games even with the substitutions we do..

I think the scheme is still being worked on..

I suspect that we are indeed not taking care of our gap like it was designed are they just getting beat at the LOS or are they glory hunting trying to get around folks to make tackles.. the coaches know and it will be straightened out in the off season if they do not do their jobs..

we got off to a fast start and raised alot of expectations and now our smallish DL is getting wore out.. that is how I see it..

Dean
11-25-2009, 08:29 AM
It appewrs that the team leadershup agreed that it was time for some peer pressure. This was posted by Elecshoc of what remains of Broncomania.

DP: Players only meeting...

By Mike Klis
The Denver Post

The players decided it was time to gather.

The Broncos are in a four-game losing streak, there is another tough opponent in the New York Giants coming up on Thanksgiving, and fans across the country watching on TV saw star receiver Brandon Marshall animatedly lecturing, then taking a shove from, Knowshon Moreno in the embarrassing loss Sunday to San Diego.

And so Brian Dawkins, an NFL safety in his 14th season, called for a players-only meeting Tuesday. No staff. No personnel. No coaches, although Josh McDaniels was aware.

Just players.

"We talked," Dawkins said, refusing to elaborate on the meeting's topic, although he said it wasn't about any division that people outside the Denver locker room may have perceived after the Marshall-Moreno encounter late in the first half Sunday following the rookie's fumble at the goal line.

"What we do as a team, we keep that stuff to ourselves," Dawkins said. "But if we're winning and we have that same argument on the sidelines, does anybody report that? If they do, they say it's our passion. But because we lost that game, and guys were a little emotional, then it's a bad thing.

"I don't buy into that. That's not who we are, who we've been throughout this year. I don't worry about that. Those are things that happen on the sideline. That is passion."

McDaniels also saw the good in Marshall going after Moreno, being upset at what happened, and the rookie giving a little back. As they say, how can people make up if they never argue?

"This job is not always simple, not always easy, but it can be fun if you have guys like (Marshall) and Knowshon," McDaniels said. "They got into a thing, but those are two guys I enjoy the most because that's how they play. They carry that onto the field too. I think that's OK. It's not like we had guys that didn't care. It would bother me more if we had guys that don't care about winning."

Besides motivational tactics, the Broncos also could use improved health of their top two leaders — Dawkins on defense and quarterback Kyle Orton on offense.

A bum left ankle forced Orton to miss the second half of the Broncos' loss to the Redskins and most of the first half against the Chargers. He returned with 4:19 left in the half and finished the game. Orton will start Thursday night against the Giants.

"Feeling good, feeling better and should be ready to roll and hopefully not limited in anything we have to do," Orton said.

The Broncos also have hope that offensive tackle Ryan Harris will return after missing the past three games with a dislocated big toe.

Dawkins suffered a neck injury in the first half against the Chargers. Will he play against the Giants?

"That's the plan," he said.

Now, let's see if progress was made.