PDA

View Full Version : The Good, The Bad, The Very Ugly

Northman
11-22-2009, 07:53 PM
The Good:

I think the debate about whether Simms is better than Orton has been settled. The right Qb is the starter for this team, no question about it. Moreno continues to run the ball well but....and ill get to that later. The defense can slow teams down and can keep it close except when the wheels fall off with other factors which i will get too.

The Bad:

We just are not making the plays we were early in the season. Not getting any pressure on the opposing Qb and not forcing turnovers like we were earlier this year. And whats up with all the penalties? Ridiculous to say the least. We are just not playing very fundamental football right now in all phases of the game. And instead of getting and forcing turnovers we are turning it over ourselves and putting ourselves in deep holes and missed opportunities.

The Ugly:

Until this team gets back to playing better football we will continue to see a reflection of the style of play that plagued us last year. We just have to play better, focus on the fundamentals, and have better coaching. I can live with losing close games but all of a sudden the blowouts are starting to rear their ugly heads again and the team needs to be held accountable. Its not just one player, its the entire team from the coaches on down. What once looked like possible easy wins vs Oakland and KC coming up is starting to have some doubts as both teams had some very impressive and GUTSY wins today. Right now, Denver is not showing any guts at all. There is no concentration and execution out there. Pretty pathetic showing for a team that really needed a win today.

6-4 is not the end of the world, and we lost to another good team but if you want to run with the big boys you have to play MUCH better than that. But im also still very convinced this team has a lot of work to do yet and it wont be solved this year that much is obvious.