PDA

View Full Version : I am no great football mind, but I know this.

scott.475
11-22-2009, 04:57 PM
I KNOW we could have found a backup QB that sucks just as bad as Simms at a lot lower price! Wow does he suck. Apparently he has lead in his shoes. He seems asleep back there, kind of like Berger. Maybe they are roommates or something.

Dang, this sucks BAD. I think our season my well be over today. I know what history has said about teams that started 6-0, but we ALL know the Broncos are REALLY good at blowing records like that apart and creating their own special categories or records.

Geez, we really need to pull our heads out. We are not doing much of anything good right now. So disheartening.

silkamilkamonico
11-22-2009, 05:03 PM
We could have had Matt Cassell, who is started to look like a complete stud.

Superchop 7
11-22-2009, 05:38 PM
If Simms is still on the roster tomorrow.......

I will never respect Josh McDaniels again.

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 05:39 PM

That would of course mean you respected him in the first place, which we all know isn't true...so that's kind of a false statement, no?

Superchop 7
11-22-2009, 06:19 PM
Good Point:rolleyes:

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 06:21 PM
Good Point:rolleyes:

This is where you go off on a tangent about Jeff Garcia.

Ravage!!!
11-22-2009, 06:23 PM
I watched teh entire Chiefs game... Cassel is NOT looking like a stud. He was 8-18 at in the fourth quarter.

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 06:24 PM
I watched teh entire Chiefs game... Cassel is NOT looking like a stud. He was 8-18 at in the fourth quarter.

I blame Orton.

broncobryce
11-22-2009, 06:24 PM

Yeah, I would only take him for a backup.....of course not at what he is making now.

Ravage!!!
11-22-2009, 06:38 PM
I blame Orton.

well.. since we know you won't put any, I'll Put ALL the blame on Orton. Will be the counter-weight to your zero.

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 06:39 PM
well.. since we know you won't put any, I'll Put ALL the blame on Orton. Will be the counter-weight to your zero.

Wake up, I'm blaming Orton. He's clearly the problem.

Dman444
11-22-2009, 06:44 PM
Well we could cut him and not pay him everything.

Dzone
11-22-2009, 06:54 PM
this game has been a sound beating. This is NOT a very good team. Thats putting it mildly. Some flashes of greatness by Moreno, but otherwise, this has been as dismal as it gets. You cant help but feel like this team will have a hard time beating anybody. Lets face reality, this is a BAD team in dire need of help in all aspects of the game.

dogfish
11-22-2009, 07:13 PM
yea, it looks like simms was a bad signing, even as the backup-- it IS a tough situation, but you expect your backup to at least give you some chance to win, and he's apparently not capable of that. . . he looks every bit a guy who hasn't played a meaningful game in years-- he pretty much just stands back there looking terrified and waits for the rush to get to him. . .

at this point i have no idea what our QB situation will be next year, but whoever is starting, we obviously need to find a different option for the backup, whether it's tom b. or a veteran free agent. . .

also, i really want to know why orton didn't start today, as he was clearly capable of playing. . . i know you don't want to rush a guy back too soon and have him make it worse, but if you're willing and able to throw him in there, maybe we should've rolled with him from the beginning. . .

oh well, doesn't matter now. . . .

Dean
11-22-2009, 07:19 PM
My question is why was Orten playing. He couldn't step into his throws so the chance of him doing well was a long, long shot. Yet, another low tackle like Merriman gave him and his season might well have been over.

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 07:20 PM
My question is why was Orten playing. He couldn't step into his throws so the chance of him doing well was a long, long shot. Yet, another low tackle like Merriman gave him and his season might well have been over.

Yet he was still better than Simms while playing injured...

I think you have your answer there. Orton should have played the whole game.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-22-2009, 07:22 PM
this game has been a sound beating. This is NOT a very good team. Thats putting it mildly. Some flashes of greatness by Moreno, but otherwise, this has been as dismal as it gets. You cant help but feel like this team will have a hard time beating anybody. Lets face reality, this is a BAD team in dire need of help in all aspects of the game.

This is a rebuilding team - new coaches - many new players - and they exceeded EVERYONE'S expectations in the first six games. Since they did that, so many people have expected for them to keep rolling, which was really not realistic.

topscribe
11-22-2009, 07:25 PM

Much as I found Fouts obnoxious today, I found one of his comments particularly
succinct: "That's Denver's future out there, on one leg."

-----

Dean
11-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Yet he was still better than Simms while playing injured...

I think you have your answer there. Orton should have played the whole game.

I guess you have to ask yourself the question, "Can we win with Chris Simms?"

To me it appears, if we continue to play Orten as an injured player, he will not perform anywhere near his capabilities and you risk him not being able to finish the season. That might well guarantee that Simms is the QB for multiple games to finish the season rather than just this game.

the season. Sometimes the big picture far outweighs it immediate outcome of the moment.

Nomad
11-22-2009, 07:30 PM
I know we can't win them all but what's the excuse for the lack of effort, no pride, and rolling over and letting the last 4 teams destroy us especially tonight!! how could this team not come in and play their hearts out!!

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 07:31 PM

Not exactly sure what you saw today, but the resounding answer to that is "no."

slim
11-22-2009, 07:36 PM

To me it appears, if we continue to play Orten as an injured player, he will not perform anywhere near his capabilities and you risk him not being able to finish the season. That might well guarantee that Simms is the QB for multiple games to finish the season rather than just this game.

heSometimes the big picture far outweighs it immediate outcome of the moment.

Are you freaking kidding me?

Simms sucks so bad that a QB with a severely injured ankle outplayed him....and it wasn't even close.

Dean
11-22-2009, 07:38 PM
Not exactly sure what you saw today, but the resounding answer to that is "no."

I think that you are missing my point. I thought Simms sucked. However, we risk loosing Orten for the season. Then the team would have to suffer through week after week of Simms. Like the old saying goes- a stitch in time.

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 07:39 PM
I think that you are missing my point. I thought Simms sucked. However, we risk loosing Orten for the season. Then the team would have to suffer through week after week of Simms. Like the old saying goes- a stitch in time.

Yes, but we didn't...

Denver Native (Carol)
11-22-2009, 07:40 PM

Simms sucks so bad that a QB with a severely injured ankle outplayed him....and it wasn't even close.

Coach McD just finished his press conference, and he said he does not think Kyle did any further damage to his ankle, and with Kyle working with Greek these 3 days, and there will not be full blown practices these 3 days, Kyle's ankle should be better Thursday than it was today.

Dreadnought
11-22-2009, 07:40 PM

I don't think that was Dean's point. I don't know the real status of Orton's ankle. i do know Simms is so friggin' bad we best get Orton up to snuff ASAP or 6-10 is not out of reach. That means it was beyond irresponsible to have orton out there today. You roll the dice with Simms, he blows, OK, you lose. Add backup QB to the shopping list. Orton has shown enough that you do not risk the guy's health in an embarrassing blowout. He should have been out when we went down by 17, if he should have ever seen the field at all.

SoCoPoCo
11-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Orton on a bad wheel was simply much more productive than Simms on two. I was one who bought into Simms after seeing what he did in the preseason but the reality is that it really was against 2nd and 3rd teamers. Our best chance to win is with Orton - anyone watching the game today cannot come away with any other conclusion.

slim
11-22-2009, 07:48 PM
I don't think that was Dean's point. I don't know the real status of Orton's ankle. i do know Simms is so friggin' bad we best get Orton up to snuff ASAP or 6-10 is not out of reach. That means it was beyond irresponsible to have orton out there today. You roll the dice with Simms, he blows, OK, you lose. Add backup QB to the shopping list. Orton has shown enough that you do not risk the guy's health in an embarrassing blowout. He should have been out when we went down by 17, if he should have ever seen the field at all.

I understand that.

And if it were up to me I would have yanked Simms and gave Brandy a shot...but that's just me.

CraigHwk
11-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Simms to #3, Branstater to #2.

Bronco Bible
11-22-2009, 07:50 PM
No effort or pride is not optional jmo.:tsk:

Dreadnought
11-22-2009, 07:51 PM
I understand that.

And if it were up to me I would have yanked Simms and gave Brandy a shot...but that's just me.

Agreed. I can only hope today was the last time we see Simms in Orange and blue. He can join Tommy Maddox, matt Robinson, and Danny Kanell as the answer to trivia questions.

As much as 1 legged Orton > 2 legged Simms it wasn't worth it. Brandstater was the correct answer.

Dzone
11-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Simms is not any good. Orton is not any good. The Defense cant stop anyone. The Offense doesnt scare anyone. Special teams are inept. Wonder what shanahan is thinking right now. This broncos team is absolutely horrible. Saying its a rebuilding year does not change the fact that they are an atrocious football team.

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 07:52 PM
Brandstater was the correct answer.

And we know this, because?

dogfish
11-22-2009, 07:54 PM

i absolutely see your point, and agree that it's valid. . . obviously i'm just guessing, but it would appear that mcdaniels felt that this was our best chance to still win the division, and that as such it was worth taking the calculated risk as opposed to just waving the white flag, which continuing to play simms would have amounted to-- we clearly have about zero chance to beat any NFL team with a QB who has barely totaled positive yardage in a full game's worth of action. . .

again JMO, but i'm willing to chalk josh's willingness to take that risk up to a combination of his inexperience and his intense competitive drive. . . i'm betting it was KILLING him to watch simms' blank stare out there. . . i also think josh has shown a bit of a tendency to panic-- the value that he gave away in half a dozen draft day trades, the decision to play orton today, that stupid onside kick. . . hopefully these are part of his growing pains. . . we'll see. . .

Dreadnought
11-22-2009, 07:55 PM

Because we weren't going to win that ball game down 17, Simms useless, and Orton on one leg. I can't say it much simpler than that. So you play the kid and don't risk Orton. Get him some experience in the bargain. Ugly experience, but so be it.

Medford Bronco
11-22-2009, 07:56 PM

Simms even healthy did not step into his throws:lol:

Dreadnought
again JMO, but i'm willing to chalk josh's willingness to take that risk up to a combination of his inexperience and his intense competitive drive. . . i'm betting it was KILLING him to watch simms' blank stare out there. . . i also think josh has shown a bit of a tendency to panic-- the value that he gave away in half a dozen draft day trades, the decision to play orton today, that stupid onside kick. . . hopefully these are part of his growing pains. . . we'll see. . .

Post of the day, maybe post of the Year. Add in a measure of stubbornness and immaturity as well.

slim

Because Orton is our only hope.

If he ****s up that ankle (any more than it already is) we are screwed.

Medford Bronco
11-22-2009, 08:06 PM
Agreed. I can only hope today was the last time we see Simms in Orange and blue. He can join Tommy Maddox, matt Robinson, and Danny Kanell as the answer to trivia questions.

As much as 1 legged Orton > 2 legged Simms it wasn't worth it. Brandstater was the correct answer.

At least Kannell played better than that train wreck today and last week

Dean
11-22-2009, 08:12 PM
Coach McD just finished his press conference, and he said he does not think Kyle did any further damage to his ankle, and with Kyle working with Greek these 3 days, and there will not be full blown practices these 3 days, Kyle's ankle should be better Thursday than it was today.

Hope so. After the Merriman hit he sure looked like there was a problem with it. It is obvious that Simms is not going to win games for the team.

Dean
11-22-2009, 08:16 PM
Yes, but we didn't...

I can play that game. Yes, but we lost. IMO we took a huge risk for no good reason.

Dzone
11-22-2009, 08:17 PM
Because Orton is our only hope.

If he ****s up that ankle (any more than it already is) we are screwed.
Orton is our only hope? There is no hope with Orton. There is no hope with orton or simms.

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 08:21 PM
I can play that game. Yes, but we lost. IMO we took a huge risk for no good reason.

Actually, you're not playing the game at all.

Orton played. He didn't re-injure himself. There is no problem.

We lost because we turned the ball over...not because Orton played.

Nice try, but fail.

Orton is our only hope? There is no hope with Orton. There is no hope with orton or simms.

You're right, the first six games don't count.

Fail.

spikerman
11-22-2009, 08:25 PM
This is a rebuilding team - new coaches - many new players - and they exceeded EVERYONE'S expectations in the first six games. Since they did that, so many people have expected for them to keep rolling, which was really not realistic.

It's not that they needed to keep rolling, but this team is clearly regressing. I understand that they were winning the first 6 games with smoke and mirrors, and now that the league has caught on I don't think they've done much to start building for the future.

Dreadnought
11-22-2009, 08:27 PM
Actually, you're not playing the game at all.

Orton played. He didn't re-injure himself. There is no problem.

We lost because we turned the ball over...not because Orton played.

Nice try, but fail.

Umm...no. Dean disposed of your argument pretty easily. It was stupid to risk Orton whether or not he was actually injured further. It is also stupid to put a fork in a toaster when you don't know for sure if its plugged in or not. It remains just as stupid if it turns out it really was unplugged and you don't get zapped. "he didn't reinjure himself. there is no problem" is not an answer. Orton came within an Ace of IR when Roid-boi went for his legs*, and we got lucky there.

*Merriman deserves a chop-block in the future for that stunt. He is a human turd.

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Umm...no. Dean disposed of your argument pretty easily. It was stupid to risk Orton whether or not he was actually injured further. It is also stupid to put a fork in a toaster when you don't know for sure if its plugged in or not. It remains just as stupid if it turns out it really was unplugged and you don't get zapped. "he didn't reinjure himself. there is no problem" is not an answer. Orton came within an Ace of IR when Roid-boi went for his legs*, and we got lucky there.

*Merriman deserves a chop-block in the future for that stunt. He is a human turd.

Is Orton any more injured than he was before the game?

Answer the question.

When you realize that he was our best chance to win, and when you realize that he isn't any more injured than he was, you will realize how stupid it is to try and re-do the thought process of McDaniels.

Dreadnought
11-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Is Orton any more injured than he was before the game?

Answer the question.

When you realize that he was our best chance to win, and when you realize that he isn't any more injured than he was, you will realize how stupid it is to try and re-do the thought process of McDaniels.

All I can do is repeat my post. You make decisions at the time based on what you know at the time. The fact that Orton did not further aggravate the injury is 100% irrelevant to the question of whether it was a good decision at the time. It clearly was a panic move by the coaching staff, and extremely stupid, regardless how it worked out.

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 08:41 PM
All I can do is repeat my post. You make decisions at the time based on what you know at the time. The fact that Orton did not further aggravate the injury is 100% irrelevant to the question of whether it was a good decision at the time. It clearly was a panic move by the coaching staff, and extremely stupid, regardless how it worked out.

Once again.

Questioning a coach AFTER THE FACT is stupid, especially when the gamble didn't result in any loss.

It was a good decision because nothing bad came of it. Can you comprehend this? Or are we just going to second-guess the coach for a completely irrelevant reason?

Orton isn't injured. He gave us the best opportunity to win.

It is what it is, and its stupid to question the coach because of it.

I understand that everyone is angry...redirect your hate somewhere else, because this route is just plain stupid.

Dreadnought
11-22-2009, 08:47 PM
Once again.

Questioning a coach AFTER THE FACT is stupid, especially when the gamble didn't result in any loss.

It was a good decision because nothing bad came of it. Can you comprehend this? .

Incorrect. That's utterly illogical. The coach made another stupid decision. This specific one he didn't get burnt for, but it was moronic and irresponsible nonetheless.

If Orton was injured enough to miss the start it was idiotic for him to see the field at all. Period. There is no way you can polish that turd.

Dean
11-22-2009, 08:47 PM
Once again.

It was a good decision because nothing bad came of it. Can you comprehend this? Or are we just going to second-guess the coach for a completely irrelevant reason?

I understand that everyone is angry...redirect your hate somewhere else, because this route is just plain stupid.

By this line of reasoning playing Russian roulette is a good decission if the gun doesn't go off when the trigger is pulled.

JDL
11-22-2009, 08:48 PM
Once again.

So, when a father of 5 spends his family's life savings, house everything on lottery tickets and wins... not a bad decision. In fact it was a good one.

When a player has 50 drinks and gets in his car and drives home and "nothing bad came of it" - we absolutely should not question them?

I actually don't personally have a problem with playing Orton, but your logic above is beyond reason and pushing the threshold of ignorance or lunacy ... take your pick.

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 08:49 PM
Incorrect. That's utterly illogical. The coach made another stupid decision. This specific one he didn't get burnt for, but it was moronic and irresponsible nonetheless.

If Orton was injured enough to miss the start it was idiotic for him to see the field at all. Period. There is no way you can polish that turd.

BUT HE WASN'T INJURED AGAIN! :blindanddumb:

Good lord...

It was a gamble, and it didn't hurt the team. Come off of it.

I might agree with you that he should have started, but questioning the decision to insert him mid-game is just retarded. He wasn't re-injured. Get over it.

Dreadnought
11-22-2009, 08:49 PM
By this line of reasoning playing Russian roulette is a good decission if the gun doesn't go off when the trigger is pulled.

A better example than my fork in the toaster, but same principal. Grown-ups can't afford to think the way McDaniels did there. I hope to Hell he grows up, and fast.

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Newsflash:

Kyle Orton did not re-injure himself.

The gamble payed off.

Quit whining.

TIA.

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 08:52 PM
I have a fun game:

Let's see how many ways we can criticize the coach of the Broncos because he traded away our favorite player...

Dean
11-22-2009, 09:01 PM
I have a fun game:

Let's see how many ways we can criticize the coach of the Broncos because he traded away our favorite player...

Cop out.

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Cop out.

Not if its true.

Was Kyle Orton reinjured while playing today?

KCL
11-22-2009, 09:20 PM

I agree...but behind a half way decent line...he could be better...the OL did a pretty good job today...I really gotta hand it to our D...They kept us in the game but in the 4th qtr..Haley called some good plays and Cassel delivered.

KCL
11-22-2009, 09:21 PM
I blame Orton.

I blame George W...:lol:

topscribe
11-22-2009, 09:47 PM
I have a fun game:

Mo, you are totally not making any sense now.

I agree with Dean and Dread. Playing Orton today was a risk not worth taking.

Besides, Orton was in worse shape at the end of the game. His passes had
neither the accuracy nor the zip they did when he first came in, and he was
walking more gingerly toward the end.

They were thinking only of this game. As Fouts mentioned, they were playing
with Denver's future there. They should have been thinking of the season and
Orton's career . . .

IMHO.

-----

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 09:51 PM
Mo, you are totally not making any sense now.

I agree with Dean and Dread. Playing Orton today was a risk not worth taking.

Besides, Orton was in worse shape at the end of the game. His passes had
neither the accuracy nor the zip they did when he first came in, and he was
walking more gingerly toward the end.

They were thinking only of this game. As Fouts mentioned, they were playing
with Denver's future there. They should have been thinking of the season and
Orton's career . . .

IMHO.

-----

Except the blatant fact that Orton was not re-injured.

He was Denver's best chance to win.

Period.

End of discussion.

You may think I am not making any sense, but its pretty clear that I am, as McDaniels is not the idiot you want him to be.

rcsodak
11-22-2009, 09:59 PM

Good thing for you, you never did!
:coffee:

topscribe
11-22-2009, 09:59 PM
Except the blatant fact that Orton was not re-injured.

He was Denver's best chance to win.

Period.

End of discussion.

You may think I am not making any sense, but its pretty clear that I am, as McDaniels is not the idiot you want him to be.

Mo, please don't attack me like that. I didn't call McDaniels an idiot.

I know Orton was the Broncos' best chance to win. But, frankly, I didn't expect
them to have a chance today, and, as it turned out, they didn't. But they do
have a chance the rest of the season, and the Broncos took an awful chance
with Orton, IMO.

I have my opinion, and you have yours. There is no reason to get all steamed
over that . . .

-----

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 10:04 PM
Mo, please don't attack me like that. I didn't call McDaniels an idiot.

I know Orton was the Broncos' best chance to win. But, frankly, I didn't expect
them to have a chance today, and, as it turned out, they didn't. But they do
have a chance the rest of the season, and the Broncos took an awful chance
with Orton, IMO.

I have my opinion, and you have yours. There is no reason to get all steamed
over that . . .

-----

:stilltryingtofindthepersonalattack:

If you took that personally, then there's not much I can help you with, because, well, you took it personally when it was clear that it was not personal.

Which makes me think you took it personal. :noidea:

rcsodak
11-22-2009, 10:05 PM
yea, it looks like simms was a bad signing, even as the backup-- it IS a tough situation, but you expect your backup to at least give you some chance to win, and he's apparently not capable of that. . . he looks every bit a guy who hasn't played a meaningful game in years-- he pretty much just stands back there looking terrified and waits for the rush to get to him. . .

at this point i have no idea what our QB situation will be next year, but whoever is starting, we obviously need to find a different option for the backup, whether it's tom b. or a veteran free agent. . .

also, i really want to know why orton didn't start today, as he was clearly capable of playing. . . i know you don't want to rush a guy back too soon and have him make it worse, but if you're willing and able to throw him in there, maybe we should've rolled with him from the beginning. . .

oh well, doesn't matter now. . . .

For those people that say backup QB's always suck, just look at Batch, for Pitt! He comes in and makes a 20yd+ completion on his first attempt. Yea, they lost, but it wasn't because he couldn't make a completion, or get out of his own way, or get stripped of the ball, or look like a kid having a tantrum when things weren't going his way, or crying to the ref about getting sacked, etc. etc. etc.........

Simms is what he is. Useless, unpolished, whiney-assed pappa's boy.

rcsodak
11-22-2009, 10:07 PM

I hope Merriman is fined! Suspended would be justified! Even the AP has a sentence in the wrap-up that said Merriman 'went for Orton's injured ankle'. What an ASS!

Ravage!!!
I have a problem with the coaches on this.

There is NO WAY you can tell me that Orton was healthy enough to come in after three series.. and NOT be healthy enough to start.

Meaning... on the biggest game of the season, you feel your QB isn't healthy enough to start, but healthy enough to bring into the game in the first quarter?? Really? he's either healthy enough to play, or NOT.

Makes NO sense to not have him start... OR... to bring him in so soon if he wasn't.

topscribe

If you took that personally, then there's not much I can help you with, because, well, you took it personally when it was clear that it was not personal.

Which makes me think you took it personal. :noidea:

I was trying to be nice. :confused:

You're drinking, aren't you?

-----

rcsodak
11-22-2009, 10:08 PM

the season. Sometimes the big picture far outweighs it immediate outcome of the moment.

I honestly think that if Orton were to be lost for the season, Brandstater would be brought in. They'd turn the remaining games into tryouts for '10.

Medford Bronco
11-22-2009, 10:09 PM
I have a fun game:

Never was my favorite. He was a self centered cybaby bitch

and looks like shit again tonight for the Bears (Frachise QB :lol: maybe in a video game maybe, he sucks)

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 10:09 PM
I was trying to be nice. :confused:

You're drinking, aren't you?

-----

I now see you are trying to make it personal.

Good luck with that.

topscribe
11-22-2009, 10:10 PM
I now see you are trying to make it personal.

Good luck with that.

:tsk:

-----

Medford Bronco
11-22-2009, 10:10 PM
I have a problem with the coaches on this.

There is NO WAY you can tell me that Orton was healthy enough to come in after three series.. and NOT be healthy enough to start.

Meaning... on the biggest game of the season, you feel your QB isn't healthy enough to start, but healthy enough to bring into the game in the first quarter?? Really? he's either healthy enough to play, or NOT.

Makes NO sense to not have him start... OR... to bring him in so soon if he wasn't.

It was desperation because Simms is not cut out to be a CFL QB right now and should be cut tomorrow

Testaverde off the street is better him right now:shocked:

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 10:12 PM

-----

Yup, you make it personal, and it's my fault...quite comical.,

rcsodak
11-22-2009, 10:15 PM

Ok, dread, since you're going to play MMQB, than how about if Orton had brought them back and WON! Would it have STILL been stupid?

rcsodak
11-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Not if its true.

Was Kyle Orton reinjured while playing today?

Well, McD said no.

But I saw him sitting on the bench, grimacing his ASS off, after that cheap hit by Merriman.

If he didn't reinjure himself, he sure as hell didn't help the ankle any.

Let's just keep our fingers crossed it doesn't puff up like a marshmellow and Simms is AGAIN the starting qb on Turkey night!!!!:tsk:

topscribe
11-22-2009, 10:20 PM
Yup, you make it personal, and it's my fault...quite comical.,

Mo, as of right now, I think I could say have a nice day with a :), and you would take offense.

Sorry I tried to make any sense with you . . .

-----

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Mo, as of right now, I think I could say have a nice day with a :), and you would take offense.

Sorry I tried to make any sense with you . . .

-----

Actually, if you read back through the thread, you made it "personal." I did not.

topscribe
11-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Actually, if you read back through the thread, you made it "personal." I did not.

I was honestly trying to be nice.

This is getting nowhere. I'm shutting my end of this conversation down right here . . .

-----

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 10:33 PM
I was honestly trying to be nice.

This is getting nowhere. I'm shutting my end of this conversation down right here . . .

-----

Clearly.

Dreadnought
11-22-2009, 10:35 PM
Ok, dread, since you're going to play MMQB, than how about if Orton had brought them back and WON! Would it have STILL been stupid?

Yes. It was a foolish decision to bring Orton into the game at all if he wasn't fit to start. The final result does not matter here. Orton looks clearly way better than Simms, but this is only a single game after all. At a bare minimum I would say he absolutly needed to be out when it got to 20-3

rcsodak
11-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Yes. It was a foolish decision to bring Orton into the game at all if he wasn't fit to start. The final result does not matter here. Orton looks clearly way better than Simms, but this is only a single game after all. At a bare minimum I would say he absolutly needed to be out when it got to 20-3

Well, I had to quit watching it at that point...meds kicked in.

If the D wasn't going to do their job, and pull out some stops of their own, they I prolly would have wished Brandstater had been put in. Prolly would have heard some boos, but by the sounds of it, he was supposed to get some snaps in practice this past week. Would have been nice to see him get Some experience. If nothing else, if he's shown an ability that Orton doesn't have, then NYG would have maybe had to scheme for him just in case..

I dunno...just grasping at those silly ass straws still....

Percocet is my friend...... :elefant:

Ravage!!!
11-22-2009, 10:58 PM
if he was healthy enough to play, he was healthy enough to start. If he wasn't healthy enough to start, he most certainly was not healthy enough to go in after 2-3 series of play. Makes no sense. If it was an important enough game for Orton to go into the game (which it was).. it was important enough to have Orton start.

pnbronco
11-22-2009, 11:09 PM

I think they were really hoping that Simms could do well enough to keep the Broncos in the game. It was a desperate move when they put Kyle in. The energy went way up, in fact he got a standing ovation. I think Kyle showed great courage, he is hurt. I only hope it didn't set him back.

I did think they should have put Brandstater in when the score got to 20-3. I don't know the rules but even if neither Simms or Orton can go back in after that the game was really over IMO at that point anyway.

Timmy!
11-22-2009, 11:33 PM
:jaycutler:

rcsodak
11-23-2009, 11:14 AM
if he was healthy enough to play, he was healthy enough to start. If he wasn't healthy enough to start, he most certainly was not healthy enough to go in after 2-3 series of play. Makes no sense. If it was an important enough game for Orton to go into the game (which it was).. it was important enough to have Orton start.

Hmmm...coulda swore you were one of the people saying that if Orton didn't get any snaps during the week, and Simms did, that Simms should start. No?

1.Orton didn't take ANY snaps during the week!
2.Orton purposefully waited until Sunday to try the ankle, giving it the longest possible time to heal up.
3.McD had to determine what the best direction was, at that point!

Start Simms and bring in a healing Orton if needed

or

Start Orton hoping he doesn't worsen his ankle, and then be stuck with Simms the rest of the season.

Gee.....what to do! :coffee:

MO's right....anything McD does is never going to satisfy you...not since...well.....we all know, don't we. :rolleyes: