PDA

View Full Version : If you played High School sports in CO....

Bozo Jr.
01-20-2008, 04:41 AM
If you played High School sports in CO, let us know what School you attended. Lets see if we have any matches!

I played freshman Baseball and Football at Woodland Park HS in Woodland Park,
and American Legion Baseball at Doherty HS in Colorado Springs.

MOtorboat
02-04-2008, 02:05 PM
Tennis at Loveland High School.

Rex
02-04-2008, 02:06 PM
Tennis at Loveland High School.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

MOtorboat
02-04-2008, 02:11 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Screw you cswil.

Rex
02-04-2008, 02:20 PM
Screw you cswil.

Sorry. I am just imagining you hitting all of those screaming backhands. Could you see over the net?

MOtorboat
02-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Sorry. I am just imagining you hitting all of those screaming backhands. Could you see over the net?

Yes, I can see over the net jackass. My backhand was a little weak, but I had a good forehand.

underrated29
02-04-2008, 02:40 PM
I played football, and hockey. Due to my age, I know that no one here went to my school. Or their kids, or younger bros and sisters. But big ups to any hockey and football players.

Oh, and i did a bowling league too. HA HA, that ish was fun.

Broncolingus
02-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Yes, I can see over the net jackass. My backhand was a little weak, but I had a good forehand.

...dude, you're gonna pay for that one too you know, right?

BeefStew25
02-04-2008, 02:44 PM
In JUCO we played Trinidad and La Junta. And the Air Force JV. Can you imagine being a senior on the JV team?

broncosinindy
02-10-2008, 08:27 AM
Football Wrestling Rodeo and Track and Field

Roaring Fork High School

SR
02-10-2008, 09:57 AM
We had a regional hockey tournament in CO Springs in 2002 I believe, but I didn't ever play for a CO team.

Buff
02-10-2008, 01:48 PM
We had a regional hockey tournament in CO Springs in 2002 I believe, but I didn't ever play for a CO team.

Really? We played in a tournament in the Springs in '02... We won our first game, then got our asses handed to us by someone, and tied a team from houston that was a heavy favorite to advance to the finals... But there's so much hockey played in the Springs, not sure if it was the same tourney you're talking about...

Buff
02-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Played football and baseball for Moffat County High School freshman and sophomore years, played hockey all 4 years.

Nurse Red
02-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Soccer... D'Evelyn High School

And I managed the Cross Country team...

MOtorboat
02-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Soccer... D'Evelyn High School

And I managed the Cross Country team...

Just curious, as a manager for Cross Country, what did you do? I would think it would have been kind of boring.

Nurse Red
02-10-2008, 02:04 PM
Just curious, as a manager for Cross Country, what did you do? I would think it would have been kind of boring.

It would have been, but I loved the coach, and the people on the team. I'm just not much of a runner myself.

I kept track of the equipment, and runners' times... things like that. Did a lot of cheering, yelling, screaming, 'encouraging'... stuff like that.

Helped get together the meet that they held at our school. I guess it's turned into quite an event by now... it was new when I was there. Then again, EVERYTHING was new when I was there :lol:

Slick
02-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Basketball and baseball at Overland High School in Aurora.

tripleoption
02-14-2008, 11:05 PM
Played football at Valley and Roosevelt, coached football and wrestling at Wiley, Gilpin County, Bennett, and Highland.

BMF Bronco
05-20-2008, 05:09 PM
Wrestling and football at Brighton High School, 90-93. Wrestling Team State Champs 90, 91, and 93, took second in 92

tripleoption
05-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Wrestling and football at Brighton High School, 90-93. Wrestling Team State Champs 90, 91, and 93, took second in 92

Brighton still keeps up a sign at the south edge of town for those state champs. You guys were a machine back then. How'd you do individually? Ever take state or place?

BMF Bronco
05-21-2008, 12:38 AM
Brighton still keeps up a sign at the south edge of town for those state champs. You guys were a machine back then. How'd you do individually? Ever take state or place?

Yeah, we were pretty good. I lettered my sophomore through senior years. I took fourth in State my senior year, lost in the quarters to the dude who eventually took first (TJ Zerr from Cherry Creek)by two and then lost my consolation match by one. What really sucks is I beat them both in freestyle the summer prior. Besides that, the highlight of my senior year was winning the Thompson Valley tournament at 154. But I cannot complain, as I was in a horrible jeep accident (three skull fractures among other horrid injuries including a severed ear and shattered forearm) at the end of my sophomore year and had to be pulled out of wrestling my junior year (yup came back and wrestled the very next year) after being knocked unconscious in wrestle-offs. I was more of a Greco-Roman expert though, took many tournaments during the summer as well as many freestyle tournaments as well. All in all I wrestled a total of 12 years and fared better than average. hahaha, I feel like Al Bundy after that spiel!