PDA

View Full Version : If Simms succeeds today. . .

Requiem / The Dagda
11-22-2009, 02:53 PM
Or in other words, goes Brett Favre on opponents -- will we have a QB controversy in Denver? If Simms is able to effectively lead this offense and produce yardage and points we haven't seen under the helm of Orton this year, could this pose a problem as to who McDaniels chooses to go with the rest of the way? I don't know about you, but the Chargers could be completely unprepared for Simms. He is a wildcard on the field, not much tape on him over the past 24 months. Expect a few Eddie Royal throws today as well.

claymore
11-22-2009, 02:56 PM
Hopefully he goes Steve young or J Elway. If he goes Brett Favre he will get addicted to drugs and lose!

Requiem / The Dagda
11-22-2009, 02:57 PM
Favre is doing awesome against the Seahawks today, four touchdowns. My point was illustrating that Favre is a good QB, probably the best to ever play. If Simms shows those type of abilities, we could have some thinking to do for the future this year and beyond.

rcsodak
11-22-2009, 02:59 PM
He's the backup qb. Just as Kubes was. His job is to come in and not LOSE the game.
Starters don't lose their positions due to injury.

And anybody notice how those "sucky redskins" are playing against Dallas?

And without Poorti$$ AND Betts?

:coffee:

Requiem / The Dagda
11-22-2009, 03:01 PM
Yeah? Last week I spoke ad nauseum as to how we shouldn't look over the Redskins. They have a tough defense. Dallas' O has been struggling scoring the past few games IMSMC. That has nothin' to do with Orton and Simms, RC. On topic!

Northman
11-22-2009, 03:04 PM
Nah, you dont replace Orton with Simms even if he does well. If Simms was that much better than Orton he would of won the job in the offseason.

LRtagger
11-22-2009, 03:06 PM
If Simms does well today, it wont cause a controversy just yet. He will more than likely start again on Thursday so Orton doesn't have to rush back. If he plays well AGAIN against the Giants, THEN you have a controversy.

If Simms plays poorly today, Orton will rush back and try to start Thursday.

If Simms plays well today and plays poorly Thursday, then Orton will be starting the following Sunday.

He's going to need two very solid games in a row to cause any type of question regarding who should start.

Nomad
11-22-2009, 03:07 PM
He's the backup qb. Just as Kubes was. His job is to come in and not LOSE the game.
Starters don't lose their positions due to injury.

And anybody notice how those "sucky redskins" are playing against Dallas?

And without Poorti$$ AND Betts?

:coffee:

I wouldn't care if there's a controversy as long as we win!!:) I agree though Orton shouldn't lose his starter's position due to injury.

Judging from the Redskins and Cowboys.....BRONCOS definitely shouldn't overlook the Chiefs!!;)

Northman
11-22-2009, 03:09 PM
I wouldn't care if there's a controversy as long as we win!!:) I agree though Orton shouldn't lose his starter's position due to injury.

Judging from the Redskins and Cowboys.....BRONCOS definitely shouldn't overlook the Chiefs!!;)

at this point they shouldnt be overlooking anyone.

Nomad
11-22-2009, 03:11 PM
at this point they shouldnt be overlooking anyone.

That was my other thought:lol: Chiefs making it a game against the Steelers!

Sorry dream, back to topic!!!

claymore
11-22-2009, 03:14 PM
If Simms dominates today it SHOULD cause a huge controversy.

LRtagger
11-22-2009, 03:17 PM
BRONCOS definitely shouldn't overlook the Chiefs!!;)

Looks like the Steelers might have

rcsodak
11-22-2009, 03:17 PM

Which is evidently what the Steelers did....tied up in the 4th!

rcsodak
11-22-2009, 03:18 PM
If Simms dominates today it SHOULD cause a huge controversy.

Only in your mind.....

...and the use of the word "dominates" is funny. :laugh:

bcbronc
11-22-2009, 03:19 PM
and if Larsen rushes for 145 yards and 2 scores, there might be a running back controversy.

rcsodak
11-22-2009, 03:20 PM
Yeah? Last week I spoke ad nauseum as to how we shouldn't look over the Redskins. They have a tough defense. Dallas' O has been struggling scoring the past few games IMSMC. That has nothin' to do with Orton and Simms, RC. On topic!

Yessir, sorry sir, you're right, sir. Just had to add it while I saw it, sir, won't happen again, sir.:salute:

DAMN! I love me this Hydrocodone...... :-)

LRtagger
11-22-2009, 03:20 PM
Lmao

claymore
11-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Only in your mind.....

...and the use of the word "dominates" is funny. :laugh:

http://fliiby.com/images/_thumbs/me_wxn6qo6vb01.jpg

honz
11-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Could you come up with a bigger "if"?

honz
11-22-2009, 07:55 PM
Yeah, I don't think we need to worry about a QB controversy.

Timmy!
11-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Goldenrod loves the wood.

rcsodak
11-22-2009, 11:17 PM
Goldenrod loves the wood.

Question is......

...does the wood still love the Goldenrod? :rolleyes:

pnbronco
11-22-2009, 11:21 PM
Yeah, I don't think we need to worry about a QB controversy.

I was thinking the same thing. That question was answered.

Lonestar
11-22-2009, 11:30 PM
HAve not read but Dreams opeing post so ..Well I guess there is not a QB issue in DEN tonight :laugh: