PDA

View Full Version : Broncos hurting at running back

Lonestar
11-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Posted: 11/21/2009 01:00:00 AM MST

With all the attention given to the Broncos' quarterback situation this week, few have noticed the running backs aren't exactly in great shape, either.

No. 3 tailback LaMont Jordan will not play Sunday against San Diego because of a back injury. And No. 2 tailback Correll Buckhalter missed practice time with a knee injury, although he practiced Friday and will play Sunday.

Rookie Knowshon Moreno figures to get the bulk of the tailback work, with Peyton Hillis possibly getting an occasional carry.
(Praise God and pass the ammunition..)

No. 1 vs. No. 2.

There's a good reason the Broncos are holding out hope Kyle Orton can defy medical reasoning and play on his injured left ankle Sunday. Since 1984, John Elway's second year in the league and his first full season as the Broncos' starter, the Broncos are 229-135 (.629) in games in which their No. 1 QB starts. When the backup starts, the Broncos are 14-20 (.421).

"I think the hardest job a trainer has is protecting players from themselves," middle linebacker Andra Davis said. "Because if you can, you're going out there. You're not looking at it as hurting yourself long-term. You're looking at getting out there with your teammates."

Crowd factor.

Coach Josh McDaniels is looking forward to a home-field advantage after recent road losses at Baltimore and Washington.

"This is one of the loudest places I've ever been, this stadium, and we have yet to play a division game here this year," McDaniels said. "I think everyone in our building is looking forward to the atmosphere we're probably going to have on Sunday."

Marshall update.

Wide receiver Brandon Marshall on Friday pronounced himself fit. He had been bothered by a sore neck.

"Just a little soreness. I took a big hit," Marshall said, referring to the lick he took from Washington linebacker Rocky McIntosh. "I feel great today."

Ayers fined.

Rookie outside linebacker Robert Ayers was fined $5,000 for the major face-mask penalty he committed against Washington's Santana Moss on a punt return.
http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13836857

rcsodak
11-21-2009, 08:33 PM
Wow. So is EVERYBODY fined $5k for facemasks? That's something I hadn't heard before.

soonerjh
11-21-2009, 09:56 PM
[QUOTE=Jrwiz;826971]Posted: 11/21/2009 01:00:00 AM MST

with Peyton Hillis possibly getting an occasional carry.
(Praise God and pass the ammunition..)

about frikkin' time!

MOtorboat
11-21-2009, 10:09 PM
about frikkin' time!

Maybe this time he can hold on to the football. :noidea:

bcbronc
11-21-2009, 11:46 PM

yeah, no kidding.

I took Hillis late in my fantasy draft, thinking he'd have the odd big game and be good for some goalline touches. he did get some goalline touches early, but ran timid and certainly didn't break any tackles.

I don't remember which game it was, but I remember him getting the first two carries on goal-to-go inside the five for nada. Later that same game, he got a play action pass out of the backfield inside the ten and dropped it on the goalline. I dropped him about then.

jhildebrand
11-22-2009, 12:20 AM
Lots and lots of Hillis in the first half followed by lots and lots of Moreno and Hillis in the second half sounds pretty good to me.

honz
11-22-2009, 12:38 AM
Hopefully Peyton Hack does well with his opportunity.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
11-22-2009, 02:49 AM
Let's pray peyton actually does something. This is not 2008 folks.

broncofaninfla
11-22-2009, 10:16 AM

Really? Moreno and Buck have been pucking the ball weekly and you want to bring up the one fumble Hillis had while returning a kick?? No fumbling issues for him last year when he ran and caught the ball I doubt there will be any issues if he is actually given the opportunity to run and receive this week.
I just hope Mcd doesn't play it too safe with Orton out. If he does it won't matter who is running the ball because the defense can stack the line and play the run and pass at the same time.

claymore
11-22-2009, 10:38 AM

I hope Hillis doesnt play. we cant afford stupid mistakes.

rcsodak
11-22-2009, 10:40 AM
Really? Moreno and Buck have been pucking the ball weekly and you want to bring up the one fumble Hillis had while returning a kick?? No fumbling issues for him last year when he ran and caught the ball I doubt there will be any issues if he is actually given the opportunity to run and receive this week.
I just hope Mcd doesn't play it too safe with Orton out. If he does it won't matter who is running the ball because the defense can stack the line and play the run and pass at the same time.

"puking the ball wekly"?

Moreno - 3 fumble ytd
Buck - 2 fumble ytd
Hillis - 1 fumble ytd

The difference?

Hillis is a late rounder, and VERY cheap, compared to the other two.

claymore
11-22-2009, 10:41 AM
"puking the ball wekly"?

Moreno - 3 fumble ytd
Buck - 2 fumble ytd
Hillis - 1 fumble ytd

The difference?

Hillis is a late rounder, and VERY cheap, compared to the other two.

Calculate the fumbles per touches.

rcsodak
11-22-2009, 11:51 AM
Calculate the fumbles per touches.

Why? For what purpose?

Nowhere has that been brought up to make anybody's point!

Hillis IS cheaper. He "doesn't have much skin in the game".

How about refuting my FACT, instead of trying to spin to your liking? :rolleyes:

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 12:48 PM
How about refuting my FACT, instead of trying to spin to your liking? :rolleyes:

He's not refuting the fact, he's just pointing out the other fact that he has one fumble on four attempts. Knowshon has three in 132 and Buckhalter has two in 62.

If you can't understand how number of carries figures into the mathematical equation, I can't help you.

claymore
11-22-2009, 01:01 PM
why? For what purpose?

Nowhere has that been brought up to make anybody's point!

Hillis is cheaper. He "doesn't have much skin in the game".

How about refuting my fact, instead of trying to spin to your liking? :rolleyes:

he's not refuting the fact, he's just pointing out the other fact that he has one fumble on four attempts. Knowshon has three in 132 and buckhalter has two in 62.

If you can't understand how number of carries figures into the mathematical equation, i can't help you.

roflmmfao!