PDA

View Full Version : A Real Football Hero

Poet
01-18-2008, 04:46 PM
There comes a time when a football player, or owner, or coach transcends the game and can become a real hero. Not just someone who was heroic in their play, trades, or game plans, someone who we can look up to and admire. I am talking about someone who can make a difference in your life, someone who you can aspire to be. Someone who you know that you could trust in if you actually knew them. I have done some soul searching recently and I have came to a conclusion as to who my hero is in football. I would like to honor him with a moment of Message Board Silence (in this case scrolling down).

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, children and football fans of all ages, I present to you a true National Football League Hero:

ART MODELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dreadnought
01-18-2008, 08:52 PM
:mad:

Art Modell is Satan! My Dad is a lifetime Browns fan, and what that fiend from the pit did to the Browns fans is beyond loathsome. He makes a good argument to bring back tar n' feathers.

It there's any left over save it for Phillip Rivers.

NorthernLights
01-18-2008, 09:38 PM
My true football hero is Joe Delaney. On June 29, 1983, he heard the cries of three young boys drowning in a pond. Delaney could not swim but jumped in anyway in an attempt to save them. One of the boys, a 6-year old, was able to make it out of the pond due to Delaney, but the other two boys, 11-year old Lancer Perkins and 11-year old Harry Holland, Jr., died with him. The pond turned out to be an area where construction workers kept dirt for a waterslide at the city park that had filled with rain water. It covered two acres. He was married and had 3 daughters, ages 7, 5 and 4 months old when he died.

I still get choked up thinking about this guy.

tripleoption
01-18-2008, 11:04 PM
Wow, I'd forgotten about Joe Delaney. I was in high school when that happened, and I remember hearing about it on TV. "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." (John 15:12-13, RSV)

MOtorboat
01-18-2008, 11:32 PM
:mad:

Art Modell is Satan! My Dad is a lifetime Browns fan, and what that fiend from the pit did to the Browns fans is beyond loathsome. He makes a good argument to bring back tar n' feathers.

It there's any left over save it for Phillip Rivers.

How do you feel about the Browns changing their uniform?

dogfish
01-26-2008, 06:50 AM
art modell is a weaselly punk. . . .

my football hero is adam "pacman" jones-- he makes it rain on dem hoes. . . .

SR
01-26-2008, 06:54 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, children and football fans of all ages, I present to you a true National Football League Hero:

ART MODELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO. You crack me up sometimes.