PDA

View Full Version : Marshall not focused?

honz
11-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Marshall is doing an interview on the NFL Network during halftime of the Thursday night game. Shouldn't he be studying film or working out? We've lost 3 in a row for crying out loud! I heard Cutler refused to be interviewed by Bob Costas this week for the Sunday night hoopla because he was trying to focus on playing the game rather than talking about it.

Speaking of Jay, there is a painting of him and Brandon behind Marshall as he is being interviewed in his house. Is Brandon still pouting because Jay was traded? Discuss.

slim
11-19-2009, 09:58 PM
I wonder if they have tatoo's of each others names on their ankles?

BroncoWave
11-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Are you serious? I highly doubt a 3 minute interview will do anything to hamper him from preparing this week. I think you are being a bit nit-picky on this one.

SoCoPoCo
11-19-2009, 10:04 PM
I wonder if they have tatoo's of each others names on their ankles?

Please! No self-respecting NFL quarterback would ever have a tattoo with other men's initials.....right?

dogfish
11-19-2009, 10:06 PM
refusing NBC is one thing-- if a guy refuses an interview with NFL network, goodell might fine the shit out of him. . . . :listen:

but, i'm guessing you were being facetious to begin with. . . or at least hoping. . . .

Requiem / The Dagda
11-19-2009, 10:07 PM
The only thing he is focused on is breaking the law. 23 times since 1995.

rcsodak
11-19-2009, 10:13 PM
The only thing he is focused on is breaking the law. 23 times since 1995.

:tsk:

How many laws have you broken? Are you focused on breaking more?

Good grief.

honz
11-19-2009, 10:17 PM
Are you serious? I highly doubt a 3 minute interview will do anything to hamper him from preparing this week. I think you are being a bit nit-picky on this one.

I may be being a bit nit-picky. Just wish he would give 100% focus when our team is struggling. Even crybaby Jay is putting in the commitment for his team.

broncofaninfla
11-19-2009, 10:34 PM
Strange...............I thought Marshall was having a pretty good season so far?

MOtorboat
11-19-2009, 10:35 PM
:tsk:

How many laws have you broken? Are you focused on breaking more?

Good grief.

Unintelligent comment, but that's beside the point...

As far as the OP...WTF? Dude can't take a few minutes to talk about the game?

honz
11-19-2009, 10:59 PM

As far as the OP...WTF? Dude can't take a few minutes to talk about the game?

The OP happens to have a name...it is honz, thank you. I would prefer 100% focus when the team is struggling. We aren't 6-0 anymore. Jay is showing more maturity and leadership than Brandon. We could use a leader like Jay on our squad.

BroncoBJ
11-19-2009, 10:59 PM
:lol: Is this thread a joke? Its not like hes at the game hanging out in the booth with those guys. He just did a 3 minute interview.

Hes taken shits that have taken longer then 3 minutes long. This interview won't kill him. Hes not the 1st person to be interviewed on Thursday Night football. :lol:

honz
11-19-2009, 11:02 PM
:lol: Is this thread a joke? Its not like hes at the game hanging out in the booth with those guys. He just did a 3 minute interview.

Hes taken shits that have taken longer then 3 minutes long. This interview won't kill him. Hes not the 1st person to be interviewed on Thursday Night football. :lol:
The interview probably took up over an hour of his time. He had to let the camera crew into his house, put on makeup, make sure he didn't have any Boogers in his nose, etc. He is very vain IMO.

Zweems56
11-19-2009, 11:05 PM
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t231/poorjon/obvious_troll.jpg

BroncoBJ
11-19-2009, 11:05 PM
The interview probably took up over an hour of his time. He had to let the camera crew into his house, put on makeup, make sure he didn't have any Boogers in his nose, etc. He is very vain IMO.

So then, he will go to bed an hour later to make up for his lost time. :salute:
:lol: But this thread made me laugh so thanks for that. :salute:

rcsodak
11-19-2009, 11:06 PM

LMAO!
You never fail to amaze...... :laugh:

slim
11-19-2009, 11:07 PM
So then, he will go to bed an hour later to make up for his lost time. :salute:
:lol: But this thread made me laugh so thanks for that. :salute:

Can you make this post into a 6 minute video with lots of tears and mascara?

BroncoBJ
11-19-2009, 11:10 PM
Can you make this post into a 6 minute video with lots of tears and mascara?

Yea, I probably can. My camera isn't here right now. But if it was I'd go get it and whip up a vid for you. :salute:

rcsodak
11-19-2009, 11:14 PM
The OP happens to have a name...it is honz, thank you. I would prefer 100% focus when the team is struggling. We aren't 6-0 anymore. Jay is showing more maturity and leadership than Brandon. We could use a leader like Jay on our squad.

Yea...that 'leadership' you bring up sure has them winning games. And he sure looks 'mature' pouting after his int's, and screaming at his teammates.

pnbronco
11-19-2009, 11:17 PM
It's funny how 2 people can hear the same report and come up with really different conclusions. When I heard about Cutler I didn't think he was focusing on the game but didn't want to answer some tough questions. I was surprised that he turned Costas down.

Zweems56
11-19-2009, 11:31 PM
Post reported for pointing out the blatantly obvious...or at least so I thought.

So you thought, indeed.

slim
11-19-2009, 11:48 PM
Now it is time for the matador to dance with the blind shoe-maker!

Dman444
11-20-2009, 12:04 AM
This is a thread I would completely expect to be on Bronco Mania, but not BF.

C'mon man, really?

honz
11-20-2009, 12:25 AM

C'mon man, really?

I'm sorry, but I always give my honest, 100% serious opinion.

BroncoBJ
11-20-2009, 12:44 AM

C'mon man, really?

:lol: I thought the same thing. I always see threads like this on there.

Thats part of the reason why I don't post there anymore.

But the main reason why I don't post there is since I'm suspended. :lol:

shank
11-20-2009, 12:45 AM
honzie wonzie,you're a jackass.

Reidman
11-20-2009, 02:22 AM
5 rec, 134 yds and 2 TD's...vs Wash..

Damn it Marshall...FOCUS!..

bcbronc
11-20-2009, 02:38 AM

that was just luck though.

dogfish
11-20-2009, 02:47 AM

he was too wide open-- it doesn't count. . . . :D

smith49
11-20-2009, 03:45 AM

jay has played like shit this year and needs a little more time to think about how poor he has been. marshall has been pretty good in my eyes as far as his play on the field.

honz, i respectfully think you are a bit off here. i think a player can be focused 100% and still do an interview for the nfl or any other network. its a non-issue in my eyes.

WARHORSE
11-20-2009, 05:18 AM
Geez. He was at his house and everything. Not like he was out clubbin.

Takes one longer to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and eat it.

claymore
11-20-2009, 07:59 AM

If manning would have thrown it everyone would have laughed and said "you cant let that happen with manning" But since Orton threw it, its considered a great throw for him.

:rolleyes:

If Marhsall would have had a defensive back within 5 yards of him that first throw would have been a pick six.

claymore
11-20-2009, 08:00 AM
Id also like to say I hope we trade Marshall while his value is high this offseason. Before he gets arrested for whatever.

honz
11-20-2009, 10:32 AM

It obviously wasn't good enough. We lost. Plus, what did he do once Simms came in? Orton makes Marshall look better than he is.

claymore
11-20-2009, 10:40 AM
It obviously wasn't good enough. We lost. Plus, what did he do once Simms came in? Orton makes Marshall look better than he is.

http://www.rightpundits.com/wp-content/photos/shocked.jpg

BroncoWave
11-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Orton makes Marshall look better than he is.

Come on, there's no way you really believe that. Marshall is a top 10 WR in the league regardless of who is throwing it to him. I love Orton, but Marshall has made way more plays to make Orton look better this year than vice-versa.

Simms couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in the second half and there really wasn't anything Marshall could do about that. You could have the best WR in the world but if the QB isn't getting the ball to him then it really doesn't matter.

Ravage!!!
11-20-2009, 11:23 AM
you can NOT have 100% focus 100% of the time. I'm sorry honz, but your OP is absurd. The team practices what... 2 hours during the day on the field? They can't completely study the remaining 23 hours. Not to mention, its part of being an NFL player.. being available to the medial.

I just think this has to be one of the most over reactive complaints I've seen.

Ravage!!!
11-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Come on, there's no way you really believe that. Marshall is a top 10 WR in the league regardless of who is throwing it to him. I love Orton, but Marshall has made way more plays to make Orton look better this year than vice-versa.

Simms couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in the second half and there really wasn't anything Marshall could do about that. You could have the best WR in the world but if the QB isn't getting the ball to him then it really doesn't matter.

Could NOT agree with you more, BTB... which is extremely rare between you and I.

weazel
11-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Marshall is doing an interview on the NFL Network during halftime of the Thursday night game. Shouldn't he be studying film or working out? We've lost 3 in a row for crying out loud! I heard Cutler refused to be interviewed by Bob Costas this week for the Sunday night hoopla because he was trying to focus on playing the game rather than talking about it.

Speaking of Jay, there is a painting of him and Brandon behind Marshall as he is being interviewed in his house. Is Brandon still pouting because Jay was traded? Discuss.

I wonder if they'll kiss before the champeeeenship, like Magic and Isaiah?

Ravage!!!
11-20-2009, 11:28 AM

OMG.. I soooo hope you are kidding with this post.

weazel
11-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Geez. He was at his house and everything. Not like he was out clubbin.

Takes one longer to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and eat it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s8MDNFaGfT4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s8MDNFaGfT4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

weazel
11-20-2009, 11:31 AM

I think you suckered them, honz

Ravage!!!
11-20-2009, 11:32 AM
I think you suckered them, honz

I'm going to do him a favor and pretend thats what he was doing :lol:

weazel
11-20-2009, 11:40 AM
I'm going to do him a favor and pretend thats what he was doing :lol:

wait, what? honz is a dude? oh no, what have I done! ..all those nights reading his/her posts with the lube and fleshlight!!!

slim
11-20-2009, 12:02 PM
Let's not make this thread about individual posters/members.

The topic is Marshall's lack of focus.

Let's tighten it up in here, boys.

Dreadnought
11-20-2009, 12:07 PM
you can NOT have 100% focus 100% of the time. I'm sorry honz, but your OP is absurd. The team practices what... 2 hours during the day on the field? They can't completely study the remaining 23 hours. Not to mention, its part of being an NFL player.. being available to the medial.

I just think this has to be one of the most over reactive complaints I've seen.

Agreed. Now, if he'd been caught giving blood this week that would be different. Then we should run him out of town.

jhildebrand
11-20-2009, 12:08 PM

Are you serious :confused: Goodell made it a requirement that all players be accessible for interviews. Furthermore, Cutler isn't being more mature IMHO when you read the details of the declined interview. Cutler insists he is available and made himself available. Sounds an aweful lot like the "I never got a call from Bowlen" BS to me!

Finally, more focus from Marshall. Did you happen to watch the Washington game. As far as I can tell he was the only one who showed up ready to play.

honz
11-20-2009, 12:49 PM
Let's not make this thread about individual posters/members.

The topic is Marshall's lack of focus.

Let's tighten it up in here, boys.

Thanks for keeping this thread on point while I was away, my friend.

Shutdown
11-20-2009, 01:08 PM

With the way your talking, I think ****** is more fitting.

Antonio Gates filmed a TV show. A TV SHOW. BMarsh did a 3 minute interview while he was AT HOME, AT NIGHT, AFTER PRACTICE. An interview where he was very mature and answered questions in a very mature manner.

You sound like Bronco Warrior with the whole "OMG! Orton donated blood. WE'RE DOOMED!!!"

T.K.O.
11-20-2009, 01:21 PM
i think the players should give blood today,last time they did we whipped the bolts !
and marshall's interview is the least of our worries at this point.
if he wants to do dancing with the freakin stars i dont care as long as he catches 2 td's.....or 4.....or:salute::D

Requiem / The Dagda
11-20-2009, 01:37 PM
My comment on Marshall and crime was in jest. Get a grip, RC.

Ravage!!!
11-20-2009, 01:38 PM
My comment on Marshall and crime was in jest. Get a grip, RC.

Much of truth is told in jest....

Requiem / The Dagda
11-20-2009, 01:39 PM
I've also heard a lot about jest by talking to truth! ;)

Lonestar
11-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Are you serious :confused: Goodell made it a requirement that all players be accessible for interviews. Furthermore, Cutler isn't being more mature IMHO when you read the details of the declined interview. Cutler insists he is available and made himself available. Sounds an aweful lot like the "I never got a call from Bowlen" BS to me!

Finally, more focus from Marshall. Did you happen to watch the Washington game. As far as I can tell he was the only one who showed up ready to play.

That press avaialability was more of a requirement to force players like our OLINE to talk to the press. It does not mean they have any time all the time access to have to do so.

They are supposed to be available so many hours a Month IIRC. Something like 2 per month so it is not like they have to spend much time if they do Not want to talk to them. Since the press has access to them after each game one would think that would pretty much soak up all their obilgations plus many players do talk shows/ TV shows at various places.

So the Goodell thing whiile they have to spend time with reporters does not mean one has to be a media whore.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

Lonestar
11-20-2009, 02:13 PM

Antonio Gates filmed a TV show. A TV SHOW. BMarsh did a 3 minute interview while he was AT HOME, AT NIGHT, AFTER PRACTICE. An interview where he was very mature and answered questions in a very mature manner.

You sound like Bronco Warrior with the whole "OMG! Orton donated blood. WE'RE DOOMED!!!"

An when marshall is on the same star/maturity level as Gates I'm sure he will get his own show. And he can then spend time on it. But until he catches everything thrown near him like Gates seems to do perhap he needs to spend time with the jugs machine that is throwing Left hand spirals.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

honz
11-20-2009, 02:19 PM

Wow. So because you disagree with my opinion, you resort to personal attacks??? Wow, just wow.

honz
11-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Okay, enough is enough. Free sarcasm detectors for everyone that thought I was serious! Why can't my sarcastic threads be as good as Dortoh's...he is a true BroncosForums hero. God bless you Dortoh.

j3phr3y
11-20-2009, 03:11 PM
The team practices what... 2 hours during the day on the field? They can't completely study the remaining 23 hours.

This is why I'm glad the Broncos have a math major as coach.

Buff
11-20-2009, 03:16 PM
Okay, enough is enough. Free sarcasm detectors for everyone that thought I was serious! Why can't my sarcastic threads be as good as Dortoh's...he is a true BroncosForums hero. God bless you Dortoh.

In order for sarcasm to be effective, at least one person other than yourself needs to be able to detect it.

claymore
11-20-2009, 03:19 PM
Back on topic boys. Jr's pimp hand is outrageous.

:mod:

T.K.O.
11-20-2009, 03:39 PM
where's carol when you need her ? i just want to hear about what an awesome practice simms has had and that the offense seems to have discovered an "explosiveness" they have been lacking in recent weeks etc....:D

honz
11-20-2009, 03:57 PM
In order for sarcasm to be effective, at least one person other than yourself needs to be able to detect it.
Believe me, several posters detected it.

Shutdown
11-20-2009, 04:12 PM

So your saying your OP was sarcasm? You kept arguing your point which made it really hard to tell. Maybe your just not very good at sarcasm. I know I'm not.

T.K.O.
11-20-2009, 04:13 PM

my sarcdetector goes off whenever honz posts :laugh:

weazel
11-20-2009, 04:22 PM

I did...

LRtagger
11-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Honz, why dont you go make yourself useful and donate some blood.

Buff
11-20-2009, 04:35 PM
I did...

I assumed it was a joke too, but then I got confused when he seemed to be genuinely defending himself throughout the thread....

I give him a C- for use of sarcasm.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-20-2009, 04:49 PM
And you get an A+ at being a hippie. Now lets talk about how Brandon isn't focusde because he abuses women and Drugs.

honz
11-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Honz, why dont you go make yourself useful and donate some blood.
You are right. I would like to apologize for dragging BroncosForums into the gutter with me. Mods, please lock and delete this thread. Delete my account if it is determined necessary.

T.K.O.
11-20-2009, 04:55 PM
And you get an A+ at being a hippie. Now lets talk about how Brandon isn't focusde because he abuses women and Drugs.

thats merriman....marshall is just a playa :cool:

honz
I assumed it was a joke too, but then I got confused when he seemed to be genuinely defending himself throughout the thread....

I give him a C- for use of sarcasm.

Well, at least I didn't fail.

Buff
You are right. I would like to apologize for dragging BroncosForums into the gutter with me. Mods, please lock and delete this thread. Delete my account if it is determined necessary.

Oh, don't worry. Jrwiz and I have been sharing some PMs to determine your fate. I've gotta say, things don't look good for you right now.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-20-2009, 04:57 PM
And they've never looked better for Darrell Hackney, new starting QB this week.

Northman
11-20-2009, 05:03 PM
Brandon is fine.

slim
11-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Brandon is fine.

Well, he does have a nice bubble.

SmilinAssasSin27
11-20-2009, 07:14 PM
Love ya honz, but this is just a bad thread. It's naive to think that ANY person uses 100% of their time to focus/work on their craft...no matter how involved/dedicated they are. Is he not allowed to watch TV? Go out to dinner? Have sex? Read his mail? Pay his bills? Answer the phone? Cook?

Denver Native (Carol)
11-20-2009, 07:24 PM

So, the interview was already done right? If so, I believe the players start practicing Wednesday for the upcoming game. If that is correct, I would think he could be allowed an hour of his free time to do the interview, Guess I am not seeing the problem here :confused:

honz
11-20-2009, 08:01 PM
LOL. I don't blame them for not reading the whole thread.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-20-2009, 08:13 PM
LOL. I don't blame them for not reading the whole thread.

Don't have time - recap please.

Buff
11-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Don't have time - recap please.

He sucks at sarcasm. Joke thread.

elsid13
11-20-2009, 08:32 PM
That's right, player should be robots, doing nothing but working out, watching tape and playing football. They must not act like human beings.

Nomad
11-20-2009, 08:35 PM
Chris Cooley was funny when he was called out by a fan for not focusing!!