PDA

View Full Version : LSU Elated to Win Whatever it is They Just Won

dogfish
01-18-2008, 01:07 AM
NEW ORLEANS--Following a 38-24 victory over the Ohio State Buckeyes Monday night, the LSU Tigers were crowned National Champions or BCS champions or something. The talented team, which went 12-2 season under Coach Les Miles, said they were “elated” to win whatever it is they just won.

“It’s so great to win the bowl championship game or whatever it’s called,” said quarterback Matt Flynn. “It means we’re the…best team in the country, right? Or at the very least it means we were the best team to play in this series. Only one team in the nation can say that, and it's us. Yea! We are the winner of the BCS championship thingie!”

Flynn said that they thought they were the best team in the nation all year round, and Monday’s victory sort of proved it.

“All year long we’ve been saying we’re the best,” he said. “And we’ve proven it…to some extent. I mean, we haven’t played USC or Georgia or even West Virginia, and this whole thing is kind of convoluted, but we’re definitely the champs of something. Look, we even have a trophy. They don’t give you a trophy unless you win something. And we won…tonight’s game, which means we are, without a doubt, one of the top five, six teams in the country. Yea! Go SEC!”

Over the years, the BCS has produced its share of controversial results, which is why so many fans are calling for a traditional playoff system to determine a true champion. The current BCS format often only serves to spark debate.

“Winning the BCS means one thing,” said an enthusiastic Les Miles. “It means you are definitely in the conversation for the best team in the country. We’re actually the frontrunner. More people think we're the best than any other team. That’s very satisfying. The only thing that could be more satisfying is me being the Michigan coach next year and stomping the **** out of this team.”

In a postgame speech, Miles told his players he was proud of them for overcoming so much adversity this year and said they were “a special group of kids.”

“You guys are a special group of kids,” he said. “I’m so proud of you for overcoming so much adversity this year. You had every reason to quit, and you kept fighting anyway. This is something you can tell your grandkids about. And if I’m not mistaken, some of you have grand kids already.”

At the end of his speech, Miles explained what exactly it is that the team just won.

“In case you were confused,” he said. “You won the Bowl Championship Series. The Bowl Championship Series, or BCS, is this series of games in which the best teams in the country play each other. The two highest ranked teams play in the BCS championship game, and the winner of that game is the de facto ‘best team’ although there’s still no guarantee that they’re going to be voted number one in the AP Poll. See, this is why we all aspire to go to the NFL. This **** doesn't make any sense.”

Escobar
01-18-2008, 01:15 AM
lol.....the last paragraph is gold.

College sports have been boring lately.....college basketball is a dam snoozefest.