PDA

View Full Version : Using PC channel on Sony Bravia

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
11-19-2009, 06:03 PM
I think this is the right place to ask this.

I've got a Sony Bravia TV which has a PC Channel. Am I right in thinking to use it as a monitor all I do is plug the lead from the PC box to the socket on the TV?

I'm a complete noob when it comes to this type of stuff. The last thing I want to do is blow up my TV :D

Cheers in advance.

NightTrainLayne
11-19-2009, 06:10 PM
I think this is the right place to ask this.

I've got a Sony Bravia TV which has a PC Channel. Am I right in thinking to use it as a monitor all I do is plug the lead from the PC box to the socket on the TV?

I'm a complete noob when it comes to this type of stuff. The last thing I want to do is blow up my TV :D

Cheers in advance.

I don't have a Sony Bravia, but my television has a PC monitor input. You plug in the monitor cable, and select PC from the television menu. Then just make sure that you toggle the monitor button on your PC to select another monitor and it should work.

On my two lap-tops the monitor toggle is one of the "Fn" key options. If you don't toggle that it won't send a signal to the television.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
11-19-2009, 06:12 PM
I don't have a Sony Bravia, but my television has a PC monitor input. You plug in the monitor cable, and select PC from the television menu. Then just make sure that you toggle the monitor button on your PC to select another monitor and it should work.

On my two lap-tops the monitor toggle is one of the "Fn" key options. If you don't toggle that it won't send a signal to the television.

Cheers I'll give it a go.

NightTrainLayne
11-19-2009, 06:13 PM
Cheers I'll give it a go.

I don't do much with PC games and the like, but it's great to use my 52" HDTV as a computer monitor sometimes. :elefant:

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
11-19-2009, 06:46 PM
I don't do much with PC games and the like, but it's great to use my 52" HDTV as a computer monitor sometimes. :elefant:

I'm thinking more for watching sports off the pc on the tele. Thinking of getting game pass but we can only get it on the pc over here. It isn't so much the games it's the whole NFL programming. Seeing as we get one Total Access a week if we are lucky and that's it. The country that is taking games off you each year doesn't even show MNF on British TV. :tsk: It's beyond shocking this year the coverage. We got an hours worth of highlights for the draft. Sorry I'm going off on a tangent. Basically it's to watch sports :lol: