PDA

View Full Version : The official Chris Simms appriciation thread..haters not welcome

Dortoh
11-19-2009, 10:33 AM
Chris is going to lead us to sweet victory Sunday :salute:

http://www.aerojockey.com/fark/simms.jpg

http://www.everyjoe.com/files/2009/08/chris-simms-broncos-20090814_zaf_se4_074.jpg

claymore
11-19-2009, 10:34 AM
Player///////
http://cache.deadspin.com/sports/chrissimmshookem.jpg

Dortoh
11-19-2009, 10:36 AM
This train is leaving the station better get your seat soon.

ALL ABOARD the Chris Simms express baby

Next stop Superbowl

http://img6.travelblog.org/Photos/74213/284374/f/2409276-Local-train-leaving-Kolkata-station-0.jpg

slim
11-19-2009, 10:37 AM
I love the way is arm isn't really all that strong, yet his inaccuracy is amazing.

KCL
11-19-2009, 10:37 AM
3 post...4 including mine...

edit 5 post

slim
11-19-2009, 10:39 AM
I also like the fact that he looks like Opie.

Dman444
11-19-2009, 10:58 AM
http://splog.nationallampoon.com/files/2009/09/chrissimms.jpg

Only legends wear a shirt that awesome.

claymore
11-19-2009, 11:01 AM
I cant wait to watch him this weekend. So excited to See JMCD QB coaching abilities.

slim
11-19-2009, 11:03 AM
I wonder if he will cry in the huddle.

You just can't coach that kind of thing.

Dortoh
11-19-2009, 11:05 AM
I wonder if he will cry in the huddle.

You just can't coach that kind of thing.

A true leader is never afraid to share his emotions.

I suspect some of you are not true believers just yet. Oh just wait till Sunday you will Believe

slim
11-19-2009, 11:10 AM
A true leader is never afraid to share his emotions.

I suspect some of you are not true believers just yet. Oh just wait till Sunday you will Believe

That is a good point. It takes a secure man to cry in front of his peers.

We have an all employee meeting later today. I might give this a try...you know, show my boss I have what it takes to lead an office.

Dortoh
11-19-2009, 11:12 AM
That is a good point. It takes a secure man to cry in front of his peers.

We have an all employee meeting later today. I might give this a try...you know, show my boss I have what it takes to lead an office.

I can almost guarantee it will change the way everyone looks at you.

pnbronco
11-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Well Tom B went from looking like a deer in the headlights to pretty good during preseason. I know it was preseason against many players that got cut, but he improved with practice.

So it is my deepest hope that they soak Chris in the perfect oil to get the rust off and that he gets the timing back with the starters. Also that the O-line has adjusted to the changes and that they are prepared for a lefty QB.

BigDaddyBronco
11-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Say what you will about Chris Simms, at least you don't have to worry about him rupturing a spleen.

Dirk
11-19-2009, 11:17 AM
I can appreciate the fact that he is starting this week......guess that's all i'm sayin

EastCoastBronco
11-19-2009, 11:18 AM

I'm on board... As a side note, where the christ is the hand of the guy that is standing beside Simms? It looks like he's fisting that cheerleader....Or he's using her as a hand puppet. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Go Chris Simms!

BroncoInSkinland
11-19-2009, 11:19 AM
I heard on the light rail that Simm's drank Orton under the table Monday night, we're golden.

Dortoh
11-19-2009, 11:22 AM
I'm on board... As a side note, where the christ is the hand of the guy that is standing beside Simms? It looks like he's fisting that cheerleader....Or like he's using her as a hand puppet. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Go Chris Simms!

LMMFAO Holy shit :laugh:

slim
11-19-2009, 11:23 AM
Yeah, I didn't notice that at first.

That is a weird picture.

BigDaddyBronco
11-19-2009, 11:27 AM
It's like her leg grows right into his arm.

Dortoh
11-19-2009, 11:29 AM
I'd just like to point out she is smiling which makes it consensual in my book.

slim
11-19-2009, 11:29 AM
Well, they are both smiling...so maybe we should just let them have their privacy.

Dortoh
11-19-2009, 11:31 AM
Back on topic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Simms

Christopher David Simms (born August 29, 1980 in Ridgewood, New Jersey) is an American football quarterback for the Denver Broncos of the National Football League. He was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the third round of in the 2003 NFL Draft. He played college football at Texas.

Simms has also played for the Tennessee Titans. He is the son of former NFL quarterback Phil Simms.

Simms attended Ramapo High School in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, and was a standout in both football and basketball. In football, he was a two-time All-State honoree, and was named the 1998 USA Today National Offensive Player of the Year. Chris Simms, nicknamed "Goldenrod" by his classmates, graduated from Ramapo High School in 1999.[1

UnderArmour
11-19-2009, 11:33 AM
Hopefully, Orton can go or this thread might be stolen by Charger fans before the end of the game.

BigDaddyBronco
11-19-2009, 11:33 AM
Ah, there is a positive. Redskins and Chargers fans love Chris Simms.

Dortoh
11-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Here is Goldenrod sporting the reverse snuggie while taking in 18 holes can you say PIMP

https://cache.trustedpartner.com/images/library/000193/56.jpg

SOCALORADO.
11-19-2009, 11:38 AM
Here is Goldenrod sporting the reverse snuggie while taking in 18 holes can you say PIMP

https://cache.trustedpartner.com/images/library/000193/56.jpg

For the record, he missed this put. Put him just over par...

slim
11-19-2009, 11:39 AM
LMAO...Goldenrod

OK, I just changed my mind. I love the kid.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
11-19-2009, 11:41 AM
Maybe we can trade him for Jemarcus Russel :D

slim
11-19-2009, 11:41 AM
bow chicka bow bow

Goldenrod enters the sorority house dressed as a pizza delivery boy.

BroncoInSkinland
11-19-2009, 11:42 AM

Does the W on that tattoo stand for win? :ponder:

Dortoh
11-19-2009, 11:43 AM

Actually from his perspective it looks like and M for Mom

BroncoInSkinland
11-19-2009, 11:47 AM
I just noticed, he is golfing righty, maybe he isn't left handed, he just plays that way to make it fair for the other team.

pnbronco
11-19-2009, 11:51 AM

That's funny because he has a tattoo on the other ankle of the Texas Longhorn logo. So we know he's tough enough to get tattoo's on both ankles.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
11-19-2009, 11:51 AM
I just noticed, he is golfing righty, maybe he isn't left handed, he just plays that way to make it fair for the other team.

I'm left handed and I golf righty -(Not that I golf, I tried it once)

dogfish
11-19-2009, 11:52 AM
Actually from his perspective it looks like and M for Mom

We Saw Chris Simms Make A Spinach Dip In A Loaf Of Sourdough Bread Once

Now. We don't want to cast aspersions. We know how life in an NFL locker room goes. You're with each other for half the year, sweating, bleeding, killing yourself out there for the sake of a common goal. You develop a kinship that cannot be quantified by any conventional standards.

You are football players. You are MEN.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Chris Simms had such a bond with receivers coach Kyle (son of Mike) Shanahan, with whom he played at the University of Texas. In fact ... they really have a bond.

Chris Simms and Kyle Shanahan became such good friends at the University of Texas that they have their initials tattooed on each other's lower leg. ... Both players remember when they went with three other close friends and UT teammates — tight end Bo Scaife, defensive back Rod Babers and receiver Montrell Flowers — to get their tattoos. "Kyle was a real wimp about it," Simms said
That's right: They have each other's initials tattooed on each other's lower leg. We're really not sure how to handle this information.

http://deadspin.com/197932/we-saw-chris-simms-make-a-spinach-dip-in-a-loaf-of-sourdough-bread-once

By Times Staff Writer
© St. Petersburg Times
published July 23, 2003

The left arm of quarterback Chris Simms is a hot topic in training camp, but the rookie's lower left leg is creating an even bigger buzz. So, Chris, what's with the tattoo?

"It's a W," he said.

A rather large one, at that.

Of course, there's a story behind it.

The 4-inch-high letter just above Simms' ankle is surrounded by the initials of four University of Texas teammates. Simms and the others were among the first freshmen to report in 1999 and became fast friends. They called themselves The Wood, a reference to the movie The Wood that came out that year about close-knit friends. Simms' group included receivers Montrell Flowers and Kyle Shanahan, son of Broncos coach Mike Shanahan, tight end Bo Sciafe and cornerback Rodrick Babers, who was drafted by the Giants.

"One day, one of my friends was like, "Yeah, man, we're like The Wood,"' said Simms, son of Super Bowl quarterback Phil Simms. "Next thing you know, we all got tattoos of the W and all our initials around it. It kind of stuck with us. The guys on the team said, "There goes The Wood."'

On his right ankle, Simms has a tattoo of the Longhorns logo with his jersey number, 2, in the middle.

"Nobody ever asks me about my Longhorn," Simms said. "I got pressured into that one, too. I told a few offensive lineman that if they went and got it, I would go with them because they really wanted me to do it. Two nights before the Texas A&M game, they call, and I'm like, "Uh, here I go.' But the W came first.

"My parents were less than thrilled."

BroncoInSkinland
11-19-2009, 11:57 AM
http://www.dailyhaha.com/_pics/tattoo_locations.jpg

Dangerously approaching the little princess area, but he apparently is ambidextrous, so I think that changes things somehow.

Dortoh
11-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Chris Simms tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried. Ever.

Chris Simms once kicked a horse in the chin. Its decendants are known today as Giraffes.

Chris Simms does not hunt because the word hunting implies the probability of failure. Chris Simms goes killing

A handicap parking sign does not signify that this spot is for handicapped people. It is actually in fact a warning, that the spot belongs to Chris Simms and that you will be handicapped if you park there

Crop circles are Chris Simms way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie the f*ck down

Chris Simms wears a live rattlesnake as a condom.

Chris Simms is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a f*cuking Indian.

Chris Simms can beat Halo 3 on Legendary...with a guitar hero controller!

GEM
11-19-2009, 12:00 PM
Go kick some Sparkler ass, Simms! :rockon:

EastCoastBronco
11-19-2009, 12:10 PM
I wonder if his Dad and Jim Nantz are covering the game? If he performs like he did last week that would be one of the most painful things for a father to have to sit through, let alone provide color commentary for...
I couldn't even imagine...

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
11-19-2009, 12:27 PM
I wonder if his Dad and Jim Nantz are covering the game? If he performs like he did last week that would be one of the most painful things for a father to have to sit through, let alone provide color commentary for...
I couldn't even imagine...

Phil Simms promised he would never commentate one of his sons games.

Shazam!
11-19-2009, 12:29 PM

Phil Simms has said he will never cover a game that his son is starting.

Damn you're fast.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
11-19-2009, 12:35 PM
Damn you're fast.

That's not what she said. :mad:

honz
11-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Wait, is Orton out? I hope not. I'm sorry Dortoh, but Chris Simms sucks and has no spleen. :hater:

pnbronco
11-19-2009, 12:53 PM

I heard him say he would never commentate on a team that Chris was on, regardless if Chris started or not.

slim
11-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Chris Simms and Kyle Shanahan became such good friends at the University of Texas that they have their initials tattooed on each other's lower leg. ... ."

I am glad that the homosexuals are finally finding their place in the NFL.

BroncoInSkinland
11-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Wait, is Orton out? I hope not. I'm sorry Dortoh, but Chris Simms sucks and has no spleen. :hater:

The injury was a fake, Simms actually had the spleen removed so they could clone him for the benefit of future generations. The Broncos have a secret contract with him and his dopplegangers that lasts until 2059.

BroncoInSkinland
11-19-2009, 12:57 PM
I am glad that the homosexuals are finally finding their place in the NFL.

I was gonna let the ankloo go, even with another mans name there, right up until I heard that they called it the Wood. That is just flamingly obvious there, not that there is anything wrong with that.

underrated29
11-19-2009, 01:03 PM
Goldenrod- can speak perfect french in russian.

We will be fine with simms. He will do a lot better. He is sure as hell a lot faster at escaping the pocket and pressure than kyle is. We might even see a playaction boot. That would be nice to see.

Goldenrods, goldenrod is actually a goldenrod.

topscribe
11-19-2009, 01:09 PM
I've always been attracted to blue-eyed blondes . . .

-----

slim
11-19-2009, 01:10 PM
I was gonna let the ankloo go, even with another mans name there, right up until I heard that they called it the Wood. That is just flamingly obvious there, not that there is anything wrong with that.

At least now we know why they call him goldenrod.

BroncoInSkinland
11-19-2009, 01:11 PM

-----

Careful, he might get your name tattooed on him somewhere...

MOtorboat
11-19-2009, 01:20 PM
JWymXNPaU7g

topscribe
11-19-2009, 01:29 PM
Careful, he might get your name tattooed on him somewhere...

I'd be honored . . . provided he doesn't ask Clay how to spell it . . .

-----

pnbronco
11-19-2009, 01:29 PM

-----

Top, top...top.... I just can't think of anything else to say, well that rarely happens.

BroncoInSkinland
11-19-2009, 02:01 PM
http://www.everyjoe.com/files/2009/08/chris-simms-broncos-20090814_zaf_se4_074.jpg

You can see that Chris gets extra torso rotation because he has one less internal organ. This results in increased velocity on his throws. It also reduced his 40 time by .15 seconds as he shed unproductive weight. Simms had his spleen removed so he would be a better player.

BCJ
11-19-2009, 02:02 PM
I know Simms was tough to play while needing his spleen taken out after a game. I am sure he is very nice guy. Do you realize that his 4.9 passer rating is lower than Leaf and Jaba. I am not posting that to hate but to let everyone know that, if played on Sunday, he will be better than last week's game! Yeah! Other than that I will not say that he sucks ass because that would not be appropriate in this love fest thread.

claymore
11-19-2009, 02:09 PM
I know Simms was tough to play while needing his spleen taken out after a game. I am sure he is very nice guy. Do you realize that his 4.9 passer rating is lower than Leaf and Jaba. I am not posting that to hate but to let everyone know that, if played on Sunday, he will be better than last week's game! Yeah! Other than that I will not say that he sucks ass because that would not be appropriate in this love fest thread.

Thats the kind of positive attitude I like.

Dortoh
11-19-2009, 02:18 PM
I feel so sure of Simms ability to lead us to victory on Sunday I've adopted the little lad.

underrated29
11-19-2009, 02:18 PM
You can see that Chris gets extra torso rotation because he has one less internal organ. This results in increased velocity on his throws. It also reduced his 40 time by .15 seconds as he shed unproductive weight. Simms had his spleen removed so he would be a better player.

See this: shaved arm pits.

Yeah, simms shaves his pits so he is more aerodynamic. When he throws he is faster.

slim
11-19-2009, 02:23 PM
Goldenrod is really going to show us something this Sunday.

I am guessing he goes balls out for 60 minutes and really drives it home.

topscribe
11-19-2009, 02:46 PM
I hope Chris doesn't read this before Sunday. I couldn't bear to think of his going
into such an important game with his self-esteem all shattered because of you
douchebags . . .

-----

Dortoh
11-19-2009, 02:47 PM
I hope Chris doesn't read this before Sunday. I couldn't bear to think of his going
douchebags . . .

-----

I simply started an appriciation thread. The haters are the ones who ruined it. :tsk:

topscribe
11-19-2009, 02:51 PM
I simply started an appriciation thread. The haters are the ones who ruined it. :tsk:

Don't give me that shit, Hotrod. You're completely transparent here.

For your own soul's sake, you need to go to confession, and quick . . .

Now me, I would just come out and say Chris is a bum, except this is supposed to be a positive thread.

Well, that and his blonde hair and blue eyes . . .

-----

claymore
11-19-2009, 02:52 PM
douchebags . . .

-----

I like how some fans only love some players.

Dortoh
11-19-2009, 03:07 PM
I like how some fans only love some players.

Agreed, I was going to start a hamburgler appriciation thread but was afraid everyone would think I was joking

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
11-19-2009, 03:12 PM

Just like how we had all the momentum and probably would have won the game until chris simms ruined it. :elefant:

claymore
11-19-2009, 03:14 PM
Just like how we had all the momentum and probably would have won the game until chris simms ruined it. :elefant:

That 3 point cushion was insurmountable.

Dortoh
11-19-2009, 03:14 PM

Actually we were outscored in the second qtr.

slim
11-19-2009, 03:21 PM
Stay gold, Chris....stay gold.

EMB6903
11-19-2009, 03:50 PM
Its hard to come into a game when a QB gets hurt and move the chains, esspecially when you have been running scout team the entire year not really having much chemistry with the 1st team offense.

I think we will all see a much better Chris Simms having worked with the first team to prepare for an entire week.

slim
11-19-2009, 03:55 PM
He will be fine.

Let's face it, it's not like our offense was a juggernaut anyway.

rcsodak
11-19-2009, 04:03 PM

Your spelling is atrocious. :D

rcsodak
11-19-2009, 04:06 PM
douchebags . . .

-----

:eek:

Holy Crap, Top!

sik 'em, top

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
11-19-2009, 04:08 PM
That 3 point cushion was insurmountable.

Simms and his lack of ability are responsible for all those three and outs which left us with a tired assed defense. Don't try to pretend we lose that game with kyle in there. Simms went 3 of 13 for 13 yards 1 pick no touchdowns.

Kyle went 11 of 18 for 193 yards two touchdowns no picks. when he's on he gets way better in the second half, and he was on that day. Your boy stunk up the place and made a ******* joke of it.

slim
11-19-2009, 04:31 PM
There really are not a lot of blonde players in the NFL.

So in that respect, Chris is really a rare talent.

claymore
11-19-2009, 04:35 PM
There really are not a lot of blonde players in the NFL.

So in that respect, Chris is really a rare talent.

I wonder if he has red eyes like those white rabbits.

http://www.dandelionrabbitstud.com/images/thumb_0544.jpg

slim
11-19-2009, 04:41 PM
I wonder if he has red eyes like those white rabbits.

http://www.dandelionrabbitstud.com/images/thumb_0544.jpg

No one knows for sure. Several have tried to look him directly in the eyes, but none have lived to tell about.

Dr Velcro
11-19-2009, 04:43 PM
We should consult with Nut on this matter....

As he is well-versed in both blonde men and white rabbits.

jhildebrand
11-19-2009, 05:36 PM
I appreciated Simms in the Big 12 championship against CU. :D

Does that count :confused: J/K

In all seriousness, I will say this: Many felt Simms was the better QB in the preseason and McDaniels named Orton the starter. Through 6 weeks he made those who wanted Simms look bad. Who's to say it wont happen again.

With a heavy dose of the run game, Simms can be very successful!

KCL
11-19-2009, 07:08 PM
Is this strictly a Simms thread or is chit chatting allowed? :lol:

shank
11-19-2009, 07:09 PM
simms is by far the best albino, left-handed qb i can name off the top of my head.

Dortoh
11-19-2009, 07:22 PM
Is this strictly a Simms thread or is chit chatting allowed? :lol:

We chit chat until the evil dictator mods show up then we discuss chris until they leave :listen:

KCL
11-19-2009, 07:28 PM
We chit chat until the evil dictator mods show up then we discuss chris until they leave :listen:

I guess we can't do that in the other thread and I see clay was just about to rat us out too...he was the biggest cause of getting off subject.:tsk:

Denver Native (Carol)
11-19-2009, 07:54 PM
I will be wishing only the very best for whichever QB is on the field for my Broncos this Sunday :salute:

claymore
11-19-2009, 08:02 PM
I will be wishing only the very best for whichever QB is on the field for my Broncos this Sunday :salute:

I want to put you and PNbronco in charge of reforming me. Mold me into a better man. :)

Chris simms is the rock of the Broncos franchise.

SoCalImport
11-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Hey, If He can beat out Major Applewhite, he can lead us victory!!

Day1BroncoFan
11-19-2009, 08:19 PM
Don't disappoint me Chris, I know you can do it.

claymore
11-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Sanlius is in here guys, dont tell him what plays were running on Sunday. :ssh: :drinking:

KCL
11-19-2009, 08:40 PM
I want to put you and PNbronco in charge of reforming me. Mold me into a better man. :)

Chris simms is the rock of the Broncos franchise.

I can mold you into a better man clay..;)

claymore
11-19-2009, 08:44 PM
I can mold you into a better man clay..;)

:mod:

Back on topic here guys.

MOtorboat
11-19-2009, 08:52 PM

Back on topic here guys.

OK gheymore.

claymore
11-19-2009, 09:02 PM
OK gheymore.

Post reported. :wine:

MOtorboat
11-19-2009, 09:03 PM
Post reported. :wine:

My bad.

Chris Simms rocks. He's my hero.

KCL
11-19-2009, 09:05 PM
My bad.

Chris Simms rocks. He's my hero.

don't mind clay..he's just trying to play guessing games.

MOtorboat
11-19-2009, 09:06 PM
don't mind clay..he's just trying to play guessing games.

lol...Chris Simms is the G.O.A.T.

claymore
11-19-2009, 09:09 PM
lol...Chris Simms is the G.O.A.T.

Better!!!!!!

Wee Woo, Wee Woo!

MOtorboat
11-19-2009, 09:10 PM
Better!!!!!!

Wee Woo, Wee Woo!

I demand a salute.

claymore
11-19-2009, 09:18 PM
I demand a salute.

Thread mods dont salute.

Wee, Woo, Wee, Woo

MOtorboat
11-19-2009, 09:19 PM
Thread mods dont salute.

Wee, Woo, Wee, Woo

So what happens if I say Chris Simms sucks?

:justcurious:

claymore
11-19-2009, 09:22 PM
So what happens if I say Chris Simms sucks?

:justcurious:

Flat tires. YOU know what im talking aboot. :lastchance:

:thinkimdrunk:

MOtorboat
11-19-2009, 09:24 PM
Flat tires. YOU know what im talking aboot. :lastchance:

:thinkimdrunk:

Crap, my tires will be flat in the morning and I won't have to go to work!

Chris Simms sucks, Chris Simms sucks, Chris Simms sucks!

So, um, can you come through on that threat?

TIA

claymore
11-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Crap, my tires will be flat in the morning and I won't have to go to work!

Chris Simms sucks, Chris Simms sucks, Chris Simms sucks!

So, um, can you come through on that threat?

TIA
We know you have trippleA MO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Chris simms kicks ass!

MOtorboat
11-19-2009, 09:28 PM
We know you have trippleA MO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Chris simms kicks ass!

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/12/22/128744821571319936.jpg

dogfish
11-19-2009, 09:52 PM
I demand a salute.

:salute:

GEM
11-19-2009, 10:17 PM
Better!!!!!!

Wee Woo, Wee Woo!

Clay....KMart called they want their blue light special smiley back! :D

KCL
11-19-2009, 10:20 PM
Clay....KMart called they want their blue light special smiley back! :D

clay thinks he is a mod...tried getting Dortoh and I in trouble today with
JR and NTL....:tsk:

rcsodak
11-19-2009, 11:41 PM
Hey, If He can beat out Major Applewhite, he can lead us victory!!

Major's dad can beat up Simms' dad

Dortoh
11-20-2009, 10:12 AM
I demand a salute.

http://razorwit.com/images/johnny_cash_finger.jpg

claymore
11-20-2009, 10:14 AM
Love Johnny Cash.

Dortoh
11-20-2009, 10:19 AM
I just realized this is not the lounge.

I'm so gonna get a "about your post" :shocked:

claymore
11-20-2009, 10:33 AM

I forgot to report it. My fault. :mod:

slim
11-20-2009, 10:34 AM
Let's tighten it up, boys.

KCL
11-20-2009, 10:34 AM

and be careful..clay is a snitch.

Dortoh
11-20-2009, 10:42 AM
Let's tighten it up, boys.

Oh my that sounds kinda gay

Ok back on topic I see Jr running around here.

Chris should be just fine as long as we dont have to throw the ball IMHO of course

claymore
11-20-2009, 10:50 AM
and be careful..clay is a snitch.

http://blogs.setonhill.edu/MadelynGillespie/monitored.jpg

BroncoInSkinland
11-20-2009, 11:48 AM
Oh my that sounds kinda gay Hey, you started the thread AND you showed the tattoo. I blame you.

Ok back on topic I see Jr running around here.

Chris should be just fine as long as we dont have to throw the ball IMHO of course.

Agreed, Simms should run QB keepers every other play, it's the only way to make sure we don't get dropped passes or fumbles IMHO, plus that should give us a conversion on 1st or 2nd every time.

NightTrainLayne
11-20-2009, 12:16 PM

Whoops. I just high-fived it. . .so this becomes very difficult to handle. . . :quandry:

Dreadnought
11-20-2009, 12:19 PM
Whoops. I just high-fived it. . .so this becomes very difficult to handle. . . :quandry:

Meh - it was on point. Let 'em play.

Whoops. This isn't the Mod forum. I just hi-fived you...this becomes very difficult to handle.

BroncoNut
11-20-2009, 12:32 PM
dang. You guys are brutal

Superchop 7
11-20-2009, 02:45 PM
I can't do it.

Dortoh
11-20-2009, 02:50 PM
I can't do it.

Good for you everyone needs a moto ;)

Poet
11-20-2009, 04:13 PM
As you all know, I'm a famous sportswriter in my spare time. I just got off the phone with Goldenrod, and he says that his new cyborg arm has been installed.

You can't lose. :salute:

Northman
11-20-2009, 04:33 PM
Chris Simms for president.

slim
11-20-2009, 05:31 PM
:goldenrod:

Dortoh
11-20-2009, 05:35 PM
:gem:

slim
11-20-2009, 05:52 PM

HORSEPOWER 56
11-20-2009, 09:58 PM
Wow, 127 posts and counting just to rip up a guy who is starting the most important game of the year for our team. Yes, you heard right - this is our "defining moment". We win, we win the division and a playoff birth, we lose our 4th straight and drop to 2nd in the division, put a fork in us - we're done.

The point is, is making fun of Simms this much after one half of play really making everyone feel better? I just hope he goes out there and competes this week.

Geez, nobody beat up Orton this bad after the Steelers or Raiders games. Let's just see how he does this week before we crucify him publicly.

MOtorboat
11-21-2009, 12:41 AM
Wow, 127 posts and counting just to rip up a guy who is starting the most important game of the year for our team. Yes, you heard right - this is our "defining moment". We win, we win the division and a playoff birth, we lose our 4th straight and drop to 2nd in the division, put a fork in us - we're done.

The point is, is making fun of Simms this much after one half of play really making everyone feel better? I just hope he goes out there and competes this week.

Geez, nobody beat up Orton this bad after the Steelers or Raiders games. Let's just see how he does this week before we crucify him publicly.

I really, really hope this is sarcasm.

Shazam!
11-21-2009, 01:01 AM
Geez, nobody beat up Orton this bad...

This ****ing **** is ridiculous.

Orton was getting destroyed here months before he even played a single down.

Suddenly Simms start on Sunday is the measuring stick for McD's talent evaluation, but Orton's solid play thus far has been completely meaningless.

It's a joke that some people think Simms, who hasn't started a game in years, is gonna dominate SD because 'they have no videotape of him.'

Laughable.

I don't think they need a month to prepare for Chris Simms, who isn't even half the player his father was.

I hope they win with Simms or Orton, but some of these Threads have become ridiculous and some guys here sound silly and are just hypocrits now.

BroncoInSkinland
11-21-2009, 07:16 AM
Ok, just for the record, I hope Simms does really well, and I do NOT view this as a measuring stick for McD's talent evaluation. I was down on Josh during the off season because I didn't think he addressed the D-Line properly, and because I was a bit raw over the Cutler trade. He came out of the gate hot and proved me wrong, and I was very happy to see it.

In the last three games, we have played two very good teams, and lost our starting quarterback against a crappy team which resulted in a fluke loss. This does NOT mean the Broncos are a bad team, or that Josh is a bad HC, it means you play games in the NFL and sometimes you lose. Pretty simple really, and the way it has always been.

Now we get to go into the most important game of the year with a guy under center who looked like crap when he was unexpectedly forced to start. This doesn't mean I don't like Simms, or want to see him fail, heck it doesn't even mean I think he is a bad player. He just isn't a starting quality QB, and hasn't had enough experience in a new system where Orton was getting all the reps as he was trying to pick up the base offense as well. Given time I think he could get it, and probably could perform well in McD's system as a backup, particularly with Josh guiding him along, but I do have concerns that the lack of reps to this point and a one week crash course may not get the job done. This is no ones fault, Orton needed the practice to this point, and the Broncos as an organization were doing the best they could. To use a cliche that I hate, but is very applicable here, it is what it is.

As for this thread, I think most of the people here were joking, I know I was. It's called humor, football is supposed to be fun. I think some people here and other places on the net have forgotten that during all the FO change and drama this year. I in no way intended this to be "beating up" on Simms, maybe having a chuckle at his expense, but if I were at the stadium for the game, mine would be one of the loudest voices cheering for him.

CraigHwk
11-21-2009, 08:38 AM
Finally my adopted Bronco gets a start. Not that I was hoping for Orton to fail, get hurt, or anything like that, but I am looking forward to seeing what, if anything, Simms have to offer. Just as I'm curious to see what Brandstater has to offer.

Last week was rough for him, but I think any QB who hasn't played in ages and not getting reps in practice would have a tough time.

Now as Al Williams said, "Go make some completions". :D

Nomad
11-21-2009, 08:43 AM
Lead this team to victory this Sunday, Simms, and BRONCO fans will love ya!!

BroncoJoe
11-21-2009, 09:16 AM
I think a lot of his problems were obviously not playing at game speed for 3+ years, but he also had to be thinking about the injury that nearly killed him. It wasn't caused by him scrambling, or running to make a play (like Bledsoe). It was a sack. Just a simple sack that wouldn't have even been a highlight reel type hit without his injury.

He must have felt uncomfortable in the pocket, and needs to get hit once or twice to get his mental mojo back.

Dreadnought
11-21-2009, 09:25 AM
I think a lot of his problems were obviously not playing at game speed for 3+ years, but he also had to be thinking about the injury that nearly killed him. It wasn't caused by him scrambling, or running to make a play (like Bledsoe). It was a sack. Just a simple sack that wouldn't have even been a highlight reel type hit without his injury.

He must have felt uncomfortable in the pocket, and needs to get hit once or twice to get his mental mojo back.

Agreed - and as awful as Simms looked against the Skins (and he sure 'nuff looked about as bad as its possible to look) the potential upside of the guy is actually better than Orton IMO. Can he ever live up to that? Tomorrow will tell us a lot.

Lead this team to victory this Sunday, Simms, and BRONCO fans will love ya!!

Pretty much

pnbronco
11-21-2009, 02:14 PM
Great post BroncoINSL.

We are joking, at least most of us were.

A very valid point is that Orton did need the reps learning a new system. I think Chris will do find once the rust falls off, 3 years is a long, long time in this business. BroncoJoe had a great point with the whole injury thing as well, had not thought of that.

I won't judge Coach McD on how Simms does tomorrow. I remember how long it took Peyton to get back into the groove after he missed camp last year.

I am hoping for a solid game tomorrow, that in all phases we don't beat ourselves and of course no injuries. GO BRONCOS!!!!

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
11-21-2009, 02:28 PM
If you're going to say the reason he failed was being 3 years removed from the game and then think one week will make up for that you're being ridiculous. Don't be ridiculous. This is probably a mcd smoke screen anyway I bet orton's been at all the closed practices working hard ready to play.

dogfish
11-21-2009, 02:30 PM
maybe the glare of that mile high sun off of simms' buttwhite skin will blind the defenders. . . . :laugh:

pnbronco
11-21-2009, 02:38 PM
maybe the glare of that mile high sun off of simms' buttwhite skin will blind the defenders. . . . :laugh:

Dog your a genius, they need to give him a uni like Eddie Mac use to wear almost no sleeves and use this weapon......:listen:

:laugh:.....:laugh:.....:laugh:

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 05:17 PM
http://socialmedialawstudent.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/vader-fail1.jpg

honz
11-22-2009, 05:32 PM
Yeah, good on Dortoh!

dogfish
11-22-2009, 05:34 PM
so much for the simms era. . . .

sneakers
11-22-2009, 05:46 PM
They were asking a hell of a lot from him, many quarterbacks would have failed in his situation.

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 05:47 PM
They were asking a hell of a lot from him, many quarterbacks would have failed in his situation.

:goldstar:

LRtagger
11-22-2009, 06:27 PM

Exactly. He should feel good about himself after that performance.

Dean
11-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Gee, maybe we will have to have another week of extolling the virtues of the Simms- Orten looked pretty gimpy putting weight on his injured ankle. Bringing him back early last year did not work to the Bears advantage.

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 07:25 PM
Gee, maybe we will have to have another week of extolling the virtues of the Simms- Orten looked pretty gimpy putting weight on his injured ankle. Bringing him back early last year did not work to the Bears advantage.

Because Simms has worked so well so far...

Dean
11-22-2009, 07:35 PM
Because Simms has worked so well so far...

Simms looked terrible but what does that have to do with risking the rest of the season for this game?

Medford Bronco
11-22-2009, 07:39 PM
Time for Simms to get cut. He sucks.

He makes Bradlee Van Pelt look like Peyton Manning :lol:

Dreadnought
11-22-2009, 08:21 PM
Well, if ever there was a thread made pointless by events this is it, eh?

KCL
11-22-2009, 08:22 PM
Time for Simms to get cut. He sucks.

He makes Bradlee Van Pelt look like Peyton Manning :lol:

I think even Brody is better...:shocked:

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 08:23 PM
Simms looked terrible but what does that have to do with risking the rest of the season for this game?

So Orton is injured worse than he was before he played?

Really? Please prove this ridiculous point.

Time to get a grip.

Dean
11-22-2009, 09:07 PM
So Orton is injured worse than he was before he played?

Really? Please prove this ridiculous point.

Time to get a grip.

Would you please put the quote that I said that in.

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Would you please put the quote that I said that in.

Could you please show me where Orton is more injured than he was before tonight's game.

Thank you.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-22-2009, 09:14 PM
I posted this in one other thread - In Coach McD's postgame, he stated that as far as he knew, Kyle did not further damage his ankle, and with him working with Greek for the next 3 days, and with them not going all out in practice the 3 days before Thursday night's game, he expects Kyle's ankle to be better Thursday night than it was today.

NightTrainLayne
11-22-2009, 09:17 PM
Could you please show me where Orton is more injured than he was before tonight's game.

Thank you.

I'm on your side on this argument MO, but I think that Dean would answer that Orton doesn't have to be more injured to prove that this was a bad move. Why chance it? Game was out of reach, and he's already gimpy and unable to move around much, why risk getting him hurt in another way or worse because he can't move around.

That being said, I'm sure McD and the medical staff had consulted with Orton on this throughout the game and felt comfortable with leaving him in there.

MOtorboat
11-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Why chance it?

To try and win the game.

The game was not out of reach when he entered the game. In fact, when he came into the game and lead the team down the field for a touchdown...oh, wait...Moreno fumbled that...and nothing came of it...

Orton was just fine in there, and whining about it after the fact is just whining about McDaniels to whine about him because you don't like him.

A spade is a spade.

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 10:41 AM
I think this is obviously coach Mcpoopy pants fault. Simms was just getting warmed up and McD pulls the plug. We win that game if we stick with Simms IMHO

slim
11-23-2009, 10:46 AM
He looks great standing in the pocket. But I wonder if he understands that the QB is actually supposed to throw the ball.

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 10:53 AM
He looks great standing in the pocket. But I wonder if he understands that the QB is actually supposed to throw the ball.

Sometimes you have to tip your hat to the defense.

OK **** it Simms sucks ass

claymore
11-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Sometimes you have to tip your hat to the defense.

OK **** it Simms sucks ass

Its good that there are a few of us that can admit when we are wrong Hotrod.

MOtorboat
11-23-2009, 11:10 AM

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t231/poorjon/obvious_troll.jpg

topscribe
11-23-2009, 11:15 AM

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thsick.gif

-----

Shazam!
11-23-2009, 11:17 AM

Let us all know when that is you.

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 11:18 AM

I hate to say it Clay but its obvious to me that we are the bigger men here. :coffee:

topscribe
11-23-2009, 11:26 AM
I hate to say it Clay but its obvious to me that we are the bigger men here. :coffee:

Oh? I'm 6-5, 280 lbs. How big are you?

-----

Dortoh
11-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Oh? I'm 6-5, 280 lbs. How big are you?

-----

Oh a wiseaker :tsk:

topscribe
11-23-2009, 11:38 AM
Oh a wiseaker :tsk:

Well actually, I used to be 6-5½. However, I lost ½" somewhere along the line.
I think it must have been from my excessively rubbing my head on the headboard,
in my younger days, when I as actively trying to increase my progeny. This
hypothesis is supported by the substantial loss of hair in the cranial region.

Regarding my weight, I'm just fat is all. Having once threatened the 300 lb.
plateau, I'm back down to about 280, trying to get back to my natural 230.
I'm just having a hard time staying away from my favorite dish.

Food.

-----