PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl before SB

SBboundBRONCOS
09-04-2007, 11:57 PM
so im watching NFL live right now and they are doing an interview with
Dictator Goodell

and hes saying there is discussion about making the Pro bowl a week before the SB

i for one think this could be probably one of the worst idea ever. What is the SB's star player gets hurt in a stupid pro bowl game . . . . nothing matters in the probowl, so its even less incentive to go out and have fun

i hope they dont do this, what your take on it :pray:

SM19
09-05-2007, 12:25 AM
Super Bowl teams would hold their players out of the Pro Bowl. No good.

SR
09-05-2007, 01:13 AM
I say CAN the Pro-Bowl all together. I can honestly say that never once have I sat down and watched the Pro-Bowl. To me it's a big, big joke and I'd rather watch the skills competitions associated with the Super Bowl than the Pro-Bowl game.:2cents:

dogfish
09-05-2007, 01:56 AM
wow, that's just moronic. . . he must be trying to puff up the egos of charger fans or something. . . . :laugh:

Cleveland Rocks
09-05-2007, 02:01 AM
IMHO, the Pro Bowl should be like it was in the 50's and 60's.

It should be the Championship Team of that Year (whomever it may be) vs a team made up of the best athletes in the game.

sneakers
09-05-2007, 02:11 AM

It should be the Championship Team of that Year (whomever it may be) vs a team made up of the best athletes in the game.

Back then they had all the best players in the league play the best college team in the country (back then, they were on equal ability levels.)

SR
09-05-2007, 06:10 AM

I wouldn't be opposed to that.

xX-Bronco-Xx
09-05-2007, 06:10 AM
The pro bowl is like a vacation to the players and their families so I don't see the point in doing that before the football season is over.

BroncoWave
09-05-2007, 06:23 AM
They should just make it a flag football game. It reduces the chance of injury and more players might play.

Den21vsBal19
09-05-2007, 08:01 AM
They should make it replace the hall of fame game. It's basically treated as a preseason game anyway, why not make the first bit of football action we get an ALL Star game? It'll be better then Detroit Lions vs Pittsburgh Steelers or whatever.

I wouldn't want to see pre-season interrupted by a meaningless game...........and if a player is going to get injured in the pro-bowl, I'd rathre it was after the Super Bowl, rather than at the start of the year.

Leave it where it is, or can it

TXBRONC
09-05-2007, 08:02 AM
Pro Bowls generally have a team's star players, so in my honest opinion it would be a bad idea to play the Pro Bowl before the Super Bowl.

I don't know if owners and head coahes can stop their players from attending but if this game were played before the Super Bowl I wouldn't let my star players play it.

Retired_Member_001
09-05-2007, 10:16 AM

Do that or leave it how it is.

Moving it to before the Super Bowl would just be idiotic. Oh wait, this is Roger Godell's idea, that explains everything.

topscribe
09-05-2007, 10:16 AM
That just wouldn't make any sense (Pro Bowl before SB). It would serve as a
distraction for both Super Bowl teams, not to mention the risk of injury to
their better players, which could change the complexion of the SB game.

Just sounds like a dumb idea to me.

-----

SBboundBRONCOS
09-05-2007, 12:14 PM
exactly my point guys . . . at least if a player is hurt in the Probowl then he has full offseason to rehabilitate rather than miss an entire season

this would be such a terrible idea

Nomad
09-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Like alot of opinions here, if the BRONCOS were to go to the SB I wouldn't want anyone to attend the PB because of the risk of injury. I think the PB the way it is, is exactly the way it should be. More of a relaxed atmosphere for all the players whereas if some had to play a SB the week after , I doubt they'd even play. I do think there should only be one week instead of two before the SB is played.