PDA

View Full Version : Hot Water For Moss?

BOSSHOGG30
01-16-2008, 12:25 PM
With a chance for his first Super Bowl appearance only days away and a shot at a huge free-agency payday just around the corner, receiver Randy Moss reportedly has been involved in his first off-field incident since leaving Minnesota.

According to WDBO-AM radio, a temporary injunction has been entered against Moss "for protection against dating violence."

Moss reportedly cannot come within 500 feet of the complaining witness, or use or possess firearms.

The woman who obtained the injunction claims that Moss committed a battery against her, and then refused to allow her to seek medical attention.

A hearing has been set for January 28.

As far as we can tell, Moss has not been arrested and currently faces no criminal charges. Still, it's the last thing that he or the Patriots need as they prepare to continue to build upon a 17-0 record.

BOSSHOGG30
01-16-2008, 12:30 PM
WDBO-AM Radio has put up their story about a temporary restraining order against Randy Moss again Wednesday. The story was down throughout Wednesday morning after initially posting Tuesday night. Randy Moss admitted it was true Wednesday.

The reporter Rozzie Franco went on WEEI in Boston this morning to say that the story is about the Patriots' Randy Moss. A scanned copy of the order clearly indicates it's the receiver. Franco reports that a hearing in the case is scheduled on January 28th. It's important to note that no criminal charges or arrest has been made, so don't expect the Patriots to address the issue, but this is certainly a distraction the team doesn't need. Jan. 16 - 10:58 am et
Source: WDBO.com

slim
01-16-2008, 12:31 PM
What a dope

turftoad
01-16-2008, 12:36 PM
Was only a matter of time.

Escobar
01-16-2008, 12:59 PM
what bull****, obviously the **** just wants money out of him.........bs:coffee:

slim
01-16-2008, 01:00 PM
what bullsht, obviously the **** just wants money out of him.........bs:coffee:

How is that obvious?

fixing quote from language filter

Mike
01-16-2008, 01:09 PM
what bull****, obviously the **** just wants money out of him.........bs:coffee:

Dude, seriously...you need to buy the "Jump to Conclusions" mat. :tsk:

This says nothing about money...she filed a restraining order. I will wait for more information before I make any judgements.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1066961

Pats’ Moss hit with restraining order
By John Tomase and Karen Guregian
Wednesday, January 16, 2008 - Updated 0m ago

A temporary restraining order has been issued against Patriots [team stats]’ receiver Randy Moss, after a Florida woman alleged he beat her and then refused to allow her to seek medical attention on Jan. 6, according to court documents.

Rachelle Washington, 35, of Fort Lauderdale, filed a petition for a restraining order in Broward County on Monday. A temporary injunction was issued Monday against Moss by the Broward County court, ordering him to stay at least 500 feet away from her, her home and her car.

At Gillette Stadium this morning, Moss addressed the allegation, saying he’s “never laid a hand on a woman in 30 years.”

He asked fans not to rush to judge him.

A hearing has been scheduled for Jan. 28 at the Fort Lauderdale courthouse on the restraining order and the woman’s allegations.

In the court papers, Washington says the alleged incident occurred on Jan. 6 at her home. Washington alleges Moss committed “a battery upon (Washington) causing serious injury. (Moss) refused to allow (Washington) to seek medical treatment.”

Washington claims the two have been in an “intimate relationship since 1997.” She also claims in the papers that Moss has guns and has “a drug or alcohol problem.”

On Jan. 6, the Patriots were in the midst of their bye week, preceding their first playoff game on Jan. 12 against the Jacksonville Jaguars [team stats].

Moss had one catch in the 31-20 win over the Jaguars. The Patriots are currently preparing for Sunday’s AFC Championship Game against the San Diego Chargers.

claymore
01-16-2008, 01:12 PM
Moss is guilty.

Broncolingus
01-16-2008, 01:22 PM
Geez...

A guy get's his braces off and this happens EVERY, SINGLE, TIME!

Dreadnought
01-16-2008, 01:29 PM
Wow, I'm shocked, SHOCKED I tell ya!

BOSSHOGG30
01-16-2008, 03:08 PM
Randy Moss told reporters Wednesday that an investigation is ongoing about his alleged battery of a woman in Central Florida.

Moss denied hitting the woman, but said that if he's guilty, he'll "stand up for what's right." In court papers, the woman alleges Moss caused her "serious injury" and refused to allow her medical treatment on January 6. The woman claims she and Moss have had "intimate" relations since 1997, and that Moss has guns and an "alcohol or drug problem." Moss admits he has known her for the last 11 years.
Source: Boston Herald

claymore
01-16-2008, 03:23 PM
What a Skank

BOSSHOGG30
01-16-2008, 03:24 PM
the push off master

BOSSHOGG30
01-16-2008, 03:30 PM
This is what Moss had to say:

“First of all, you all probably heard about these allegations. All I want to say is that they are false allegations," Moss told a large gathering of reporters.

"It’s something I’ve been battling for the last couple days, threats of going public if I didn’t pay X amount of dollars. Before people rush quick to judgment, I think you need to find out the facts about really what is really going on. This young lady, by no means, is hurt. I didn’t hurt her.

“I think that, what I heard, I really don’t know the whole story, of what is being said. All I know is supposedly I … battery … whatever it may be, that I physically hurt a woman. Well, I want to make something clear. In my whole entire life of living, 30 years, I have never put my hand on one woman, physically or in an angry manner. This battery they’re talking about, I guess from a legal standpoint, there has to be something said. Like I said, I don't really know all the facts. I don’t know what’s going on as far as everything that has been alleged.

“All I know is that it’s a friend of mine, a young lady, it was an accident where she hurt herself, to where they called me, called my attorneys, trying to get X amount of dollars out of me, and if ‘we don’t get X amount of dollars’ they were going to go to the press before this game.

“Basically what I’m saying, I’m actually going to hold off for questions. I just really wanted to get out there to the people that I am aware of what is going on. I don’t really want people to rush quick to judgment [without] knowing the facts. My teammates don’t have anything to do with this. They don’t know anything. I think it was just brought to their attention. If you could all just leave them out of it, because they don’t know anything that’s going on. I don’t really know the whole situation of what’s going on, just bits and pieces. It definitely was not my intentions of doing anything like this, with this battery with the woman. That’s really not my makeup, that’s not me, I’ve never been in that situation where I’ve had to put my hands on any woman, any lady.

“Like I said, man, before you rush quick to judgment, find out all the facts before you start criticizing me or judging me. That’s all I have to say. Thanks.”

Escobar
01-16-2008, 04:29 PM
This is what Moss had to say:

thank you......

WTE
01-16-2008, 04:52 PM
The woman claims the alledged incident hapenned on Jan. 6 but she didn't report it until Jan. 14?

Why the delay?

Because she spent the previous 8 days trying to extort hundreds of thousands from Moss and he refused to give a penny.

For all you Randy bashers out there just remember two words:

Duke Lacrosse.

frauschieze
01-16-2008, 06:30 PM
I hate Randy Moss. I have long before he was ever in the NFL. But ******* like this broad give women a bad name. That's even worse.

weazel
01-17-2008, 12:06 AM
I dont like Moss, but I think I will wait this one out before I pass judgement. There's alot of skanks out there.

MileHighWrath
01-17-2008, 12:45 AM
Somehow the pats will use this as fodder for coming out and destroying the chargers.

BOSSHOGG30
01-17-2008, 11:16 AM
Attorney Joe Friedberg, a member of Randy Moss' legal team, says the woman who was granted a restraining order against Moss asked the receiver for $500,000 last week to keep the story quiet.

Friedberg says Moss refused the demand and the story popped up on a Florida radio station Tuesday night. Moss claims the woman is trying to extort him. Friedberg says the injury the woman suffered resulted from "consensual horseplay."
Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

MileHighWrath
01-17-2008, 11:26 AM
"consensual horesplay" .. hmmmm

To be honest I have actually caused injury to a GF or two as a result of "consensual horseplay" the one time in particular is when a GF ended up with a sore and red eye. She kept saying ... "It stings!" I still contend that it was her fault, but no one thought to file any legal complaint about it. Of course, I wasn't making millions so .....

schnooks1
01-17-2008, 12:22 PM
Randy Moss has been a house hold name as my husband and nephew are huge Minnesota fans. (my husband even has a beanie bear "moss" shhhhhhhhhh don't tell!!)

I have learned that what you read and hear is only 1/4 of the truth at best. Who knows... could have happened, could have been bad! He has the strength and size to scare me for sure, but I know that there are women out there that *wayyy cry* to get $$$ and houses with circle driveways!!

Gotta hold out my judgement for a while and try to get the facts!

BOSSHOGG30
01-17-2008, 01:08 PM
In an exclusive interview with the Boston Herald, Randy Moss admitted to causing the woman who recently brought a temporary restraining order against him bodily harm during a heated incident on January 6.

"It was a slight injury," Moss said. "And as a man, I was sorry. I was sincere. This woman claimed I committed battery. What I know battery to be is you really physically beat someone up or do something really bad." Moss has a January 28 court date to determine whether the restraining order will be made permanent. He's not expected to face criminal charges.
Source: Boston Herald

BOSSHOGG30
01-17-2008, 03:21 PM
Randy Moss' attorney indicated that the woman requesting a restraining order against him injured a finger in their "consensual horseplay."

Moss isn't expected to face criminal charges, and doesn't have to appear in court for his January 28th hearing in Florida. He and the woman have known each other for 11 years, and the woman hasn't accused Randy of hitting her, but she reportedly got x-rays on her injured finger that came back negative. How she injured the finger is unknown, but "getting Randy" is starting to take on a whole new meaning.
Source: Providence Journal

Davii
01-17-2008, 04:08 PM
I fail to see how this will affect the Patriots in any way. As it stands he has not been charged with a crime. The court date is for the restraining order, to determine whether or not it will be permanent. The court date isn't about throwing him in jail, it isn't even about charging him with any crimes.

I won't even say "innocent until proven guilty" because he isn't charged with anything yet to be guilty of.

IF he is charged with a crime he is still innocent until proven guilty though, and that, IMO, wouldn't run it's course before the Super Bowl. It would be dealt with in the offseason.

The whole thing sounds somewhat fishy, but only this lady and Randy know the truth of what happened. So what if the restraining order is continued, I guess Randy will find some other woman to be "intimate" with. If he is guilty though, I hope he's true to his word, acts like a man, and deals with his punishment as such, if in fact he is charged with a crime.

Retired_Member_001
01-17-2008, 05:50 PM
Male athletes are easy targets. If you think about it, an NFL Superstar has tremendous influence and this means money ****** like this Florida woman and Daniel Graham's girlfriend can scrape every last penny they want out of a player.

I seriously doubt Randy Moss has done anything wrong. I don't like Randy Moss but I don't think we would do anything like that.

It's always funny how these kind of things happen at very kind of peculiar times. Like how that woman claimed Marshawn Lynch assaulted her, three weeks before the NFL Draft. Then after the NFL Draft everything went silent.

broncosfanscott
01-17-2008, 06:19 PM
The woman claims the alledged incident hapenned on Jan. 6 but she didn't report it until Jan. 14?

Why the delay?

Because she spent the previous 8 days trying to extort hundreds of thousands from Moss and he refused to give a penny.

For all you Randy bashers out there just remember two words:

Duke Lacrosse.

Yeah, the 8 day delay was the first thing that came to mind.

I heard a court date is for Jan. 28th, which happens to be during Super Bowl week, so nice timing if the Patriots advance to the Super Bowl.

Retired_Member_001
01-17-2008, 06:21 PM
Yeah, the 8 day delay was the first thing that came to mind.

I heard a court date is for Jan. 28th, which happens to be during Super Bowl week, so nice timing if the Patriots advance to the Super Bowl.

Exactly my point on the timing of these accusations. In fact I honestly wouldn't be suprised if she wanted to make the date of the trial for Febuary 3rd.

MOtorboat
01-17-2008, 07:10 PM
I'll believe her when she files criminal charges and not civil charges.

Bozo Jr.
01-17-2008, 07:23 PM
I'll also wait to pass judgment, although anyone who signs with the Fade at one point or another cannot be trusted, or believed. And with Moss's signing with the NE(spygate)Patriots it only proves he's shady. :tsk:

Oops, wasn't our coach at one time or another a part of the Fade. Hmmmm.