PDA

View Full Version : How do you picture the playoffs shaping up?

BroncoBJ
11-17-2009, 12:27 AM
Obviously were a long ways from any playoff talks. But I was just thinking about how I could picture the playoffs going in my little optimistic thinking cap and heres what I ended up with.

1. Colts
2. Bengals
3. Broncos
4. Patriots
5. Steelers
6. Texans. :elefant:

And then I have the Pats beating the Steelers.
And the Broncos beat the Texans.

Then I have the Broncos going on the road and beating the Bengals who are rusty after having a 1st round bye and they come out flat.

Then I have the Pats beating the Colts in another epic game.

Then for all the marbles to Determine the AFC Champion, I have Denver beating the Pats at home and McDaniels celebration is even bigger then last time. :cool:

Thats just a rough little summary of what i would want to happen. Obviously I'd love to win out and probably capture a 2 seed. But I just feel like if we did make the playoffs and if we got a 1st round bye that we'd come out flat anyways.

And I really think we can go to Cincy and win. However they probably want revenge for week 1.

And I would love for the Pats to beat the Colts and Steelers since I fear those 2 teams the most probably.

But thats just a little thread for wishful thinking on what I would want to happen. But I don't care as long as we make the playoffs. I miss the feeling of making the playoffs.

But how could you see the playoffs shaping up? And does it include Denver? :listen:

sneakers
11-17-2009, 12:31 AM
Broncos beat the Red Sox in 6 games.

camdisco24
11-17-2009, 12:36 AM
Where are the Saints in this picture?

Right now, the Broncos need to get to work if they want to make the playoffs. Sandy Eggo is creeping up on us and we are no lock for the the Playoffs at this point. I think we will make it on wildcard at least, but our quality of play better turn around this week if we want that to happen.

getlynched47
11-17-2009, 12:37 AM
How do I picture it???

http://i34.tinypic.com/25hkdh1.jpg

BroncoBJ
11-17-2009, 12:38 AM
Where are the Saints in this picture?

Right now, the Broncos need to get to work if they want to make the playoffs. Sandy Eggo is creeping up on us and we are no lock for the the Playoffs at this point. I think we will make it on wildcard at least, but our quality of play better turn around this week if we want that to happen.

Saints are on the NFC Side of the picture. :lol:

I'm just talking about AFC and the road to the Superbowl. But I agree with you. I just want to beat San Diego for the 2nd time. And then if we can do that. All we need to do is go 4-2 the rest of the way and San Diego would have to go 6-0 to pass us. :fight:

camdisco24
11-17-2009, 12:54 AM
Saints are on the NFC Side of the picture. :lol:

doh... :caked:

ahahahahahaha I dont know how i missed that.

:turnsoffcomputerandgoestobed:

sneakers
11-17-2009, 12:55 AM
I think it really depends how quickly Orton heals....we need to dump his leg in a Bacta tank (for you star wars nerds) asap!

OldschoolFreak
11-17-2009, 12:53 PM
I'm concerned. To me the Skins game is one we had to have for confidence and momentum but mostly for numbers. If we'd won at Washington and taken care of the supposed to win games (Chiefs x2, Raiders) that would have put us at 10 wins. When a team is taking care of business they'll also surprise some people so winning 1-2 of the other games would have been a reality for 11-12 wins on the season.

But we didn't beat Washington. In addition to the fact that now the gimmes only get us to 9 wins there's also the issue of team doubt and lack of ability to take care of business. Now I think it's realistic to assume we'll still beat KC and Oak but I have a hard time seeing too many other wins. So, say we beat the cellar dwellers and win 1 more (maybe the Giants on Thx?), that leaves us at 10. And even that requires us to hold serve against the weak division foes that always give us fits--a loss in KC would be no surprise to anyone.That's definitely a shaky playoff situation.

I hope I'm wrong. Maybe we somehow find a way to beat SD, squelch the Giants and then find a way to prevail against a seemingly vulnerable Philly team? I just feel like the Skins game hurt us as much for its defeating psychological effect as it did for the point in the L column.

Denver27og
11-18-2009, 01:31 AM
i havent really been on this site that much recently.... haha but whats up with all the osterichs?? funny

Denver27og
11-18-2009, 01:32 AM
i remember one guy having one on his avatar... but now osterichs are everywhere

Shazam!
11-18-2009, 02:02 AM
A little too early for these predictions. Won't know for two more games.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
11-18-2009, 06:14 AM
I don't care that we just lost 3 straight, my prediction from the offseason remains - 19-0.

Call me a homer, but if you don't believe...you got nothin.

broncofaninfla
11-18-2009, 08:48 AM
I'll post my opinion after the Charger game

skycoyote
11-18-2009, 10:13 AM
You forgot the Chargers, Jaguars and the Ravens. Chargers win the west. Broncos are competing for the 6th seed wild card spot, they need 3-4 wins to get it. It will probably come down to all the tie-breaker stuff; and the Ravens did defeat the Broncos.