http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/11667.gif

MOtorboat
11-16-2009, 03:23 PM
Ok, Simms is pathetic.:laugh:

How about Garcia?

Are you, in fact, Jeff Garcia?

KCL
11-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Forget Garcia...I think Simms is your man until Kyle returns.

Superchop 7
11-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Forget Garcia...I think Simms is your man until Kyle returns.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______

You are in my personal doghouse with that one KCL.:throwrock:

KCL
11-16-2009, 03:33 PM
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______

You are in my personal doghouse with that one KCL.:throwrock:

sorry...I know the truth hurts...but you really think McD is going to go
after Garcia? :lol:

Superchop 7
11-16-2009, 03:48 PM
sorry...I know the truth hurts...but you really think McD is going to go
after Garcia? :lol:

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Look at the stats......to me it's a no-brainer.

Simms stats suck. (Historically) I checked them out after Woody wrote his article.....tried to back Woody's opinion with #'s......couldn't do it)

Look, if I pay a backup more $$ than my starter, he had better damn well produce when called upon.

My hope was that Simms would raise the level of play of his teamates. They have lost alot of intensity.

With Garcia, you know what you get, he is very consistent.

Unlike Simms.

This was pathetic.....against the Redskins no-less

MOtorboat
11-16-2009, 03:49 PM
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Simms stats suck. (Historically) I checked them out after Woody wrote his article.....tried to back Woody's opinion with #'s......couldn't do it)

Look, if I pay a backup more $$ than my starter, he had better damn well produce when called upon.

My hope was that Simms would raise the level of play of his teamates. They have lost alot of intensity.

Unlike Simms.

Garcia is consistent because he comes in as a West Coast system quarterback and is mildly successful at it.

That's not the offense we run. Jeff Garcia will not be a Bronco.

KCL
11-16-2009, 03:50 PM

Unlike Simms.

I didn't see the game...I need to go to NFL.com and watch the highlights..I only saw the score and have been reading the threads...as far as Garcia..if he still has it..why hasn't he been scooped up yet and signed?

Ravage!!!
11-16-2009, 04:06 PM
I didn't see the game...I need to go to NFL.com and watch the highlights..I only saw the score and have been reading the threads...as far as Garcia..if he still has it..why hasn't he been scooped up yet and signed?

Raider fans are still wondering the same thing.. so are the Jags.. and TB.. Buffalo (although we know they wouldn't with Owens on the roster)....Cleveland is wondering... so is Washington Redskins

Superchop 7
11-16-2009, 04:10 PM
I dunno.

I know he came off as bitter when he left the Raiders. (Felt he was better than Russell, and, by most accounts....was)

Probably should have kept his trap shut.

IMO, all you have to do is look at the tape of his pre-season game against the Saints to know he is "still" a very good QB.

Josh says he will look at every possible scenario to get better.

Well Josh.......here's one.

Like I said, with Garcia....you know what you get.......production.

Superchop 7
11-16-2009, 04:20 PM
Jeff Garcia back with the Eagles

By ROB MAADDI,
AP Sports Writer

PHILADELPHIA (AP) Jeff Garcia, the NFL's version of Rocky Balboa, is back with the Philadelphia Eagles.

The team has agreed to terms on a one-year deal with Garcia, a 10-year veteran who played for Philadelphia in 2006 and went 6-2 in eight starts - including the playoffs - while McNabb was injured.

The Eagles needed a backup quarterback in case McNabb, who suffered a broken rib in Philadelphia's 38-10 win over Carolina in the season opener, is not able to play this week against the New Orleans Saints.

Third-year pro Kevin Kolb filled in for McNabb and will start if McNabb is out, coach Andy Reid said.

"Whether it's a week or two weeks or the entire season, I'm excited about the opportunity," Garcia said in a conference call. "As far as a team I can go to and blend right in, this is the team for me to do that."

Garcia, who was signed by Oakland in the offseason to push JaMarcus Russell and serve as a mentor to the former No. 1 overall draft pick, was released by the Raiders on Sept. 5 after playing little in the preseason. He said he could've stayed with Oakland, but didn't think it was the right fit. But he also wasn't ready to call it a career.

"I didn't want it to be over," Garcia said. "I feel there's a lot of quality football left in me."

A four-time Pro Bowl selection, Garcia played well in his previous stint with the Eagles three seasons ago, throwing 11 touchdown passes against two interceptions in eight starts. In the process, he also became very popular with fans.

"I know the circumstances are different," Garcia said. "I'm OK with whatever helps the team."

Philadelphia's other quarterback, Michael Vick, is not eligible this week because he was suspended for the first two regular-season games as the last part of the NFL's penalty for his role in a dogfighting ring.

"We're lucky Jeff was available," Reid said on his weekly radio show. "He's someone who knows this offense and has been very successful in this offense. He can be a positive influence on Kevin Kolb."

The 39-year-old Garcia began his career with San Francisco in 1999. He replaced Hall of Fame QB Steve Young, put up big passing numbers with Terrell Owens as his main target and led the 49ers to two playoff appearances in his first three seasons as a full-time starter.

Garcia's career took a downward turn after he left the rebuilding 49ers in 2004. He spent forgettable seasons with Cleveland and Detroit before rejuvenating his career in Philadelphia in '06.

Garcia stepped in when McNabb tore his ACL, led the Eagles to a 5-1 record, an NFC East title and a playoff win over the New York Giants. His final game with Philadelphia was a loss at New Orleans in the divisional playoffs.

In his brief time with the Eagles, Garcia completely won over the tough Philly fans with his fiery personality and win-at-all-costs attitude.

A company made up T-shirts featuring Garcia with his fists up in a boxer's stance above the caption: "A Fighter Fights."

The Eagles didn't re-sign Garcia after that season and he went to Tampa Bay. Garcia led the Buccaneers to the NFC South title in 2007 and earned a trip to Hawaii.

Garcia has thrown for 25,537 yards, 161 touchdowns and 83 interceptions in 124 career games. He's completed 61.6 percent of his passes and has a QB rating of 87.5. Garcia is 58-58 as a starter.

McNabb, Vick and Garcia have been to a combined 12 Pro Bowls.

Dortoh
11-16-2009, 04:21 PM
Oh thank God

Ravage!!!
11-16-2009, 04:21 PM
They did that after they knew we would be looking for a QB! This is a blocking move!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*seriously though, if Orton is going to be out a while... I think Garcia would absolutely be great for this offense. SHort passes, he's a scrambler.. a mover... and one that is better than the QBs we have*

weazel
11-16-2009, 04:23 PM
I dunno.

I know he came off as bitter when he left the Raiders. (Felt he was better than Russell, and, by most accounts....was)

Probably should have kept his trap shut.

IMO, all you have to do is look at the tape of his pre-season game against the Saints to know he is "still" a very good QB.

Josh says he will look at every possible scenario to get better.

Well Josh.......here's one.

Like I said, with Garcia....you know what you get.......production.

Raiders didn't get rid of Garcia, he asked to be released. He didn't want to play backup to no talent hack that wouldn't take constructive criticism.

Garcia is a very serviceable QB in this league.

KCL
11-16-2009, 04:25 PM
Raider fans are still wondering the same thing.. so are the Jags.. and TB.. Buffalo (although we know they wouldn't with Owens on the roster)....Cleveland is wondering... so is Washington Redskins

Speaking of TO and this is off the subject...did anyone see him talking to the press after the ass kicking they got from TN? He's such an ass.

okay now :focus:

Medford Bronco
11-16-2009, 04:26 PM
How about the last time this team had a real backup QB

http://www.sportsattic2.com/nflphotos/photos12/Beuerlein,Steve6.jpg

KCL
11-16-2009, 04:26 PM
So how many times has he signed and resigned with Philly?

Superchop 7
11-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Raiders didn't get rid of Garcia, he asked to be released. He didn't want to play backup to no talent hack that wouldn't take constructive criticism.

Garcia is a very serviceable QB in this league.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

I don't think he is "the answer to our prayers", .........that will have to come via the draft.

But.

Better than Simms ?

Yeah......"way" better than Simms.

Medford Bronco
11-16-2009, 04:28 PM
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

I don't think he is "the answer to our prayers", .........that will have to come via the draft.

But.

Better than Simms ?

Yeah......"way" better than Simms.

Heck at this point Brandstater could not have played worse

weazel
11-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Speaking of TO and this is off the subject...did anyone see him talking to the press after the ass kicking they got from TN? He's such an ass.

okay now :focus:

I watched it. I didnt see him being an ass though, where was that? He answered every question thrown at him and was quite polite and literate. Every question thrown at him was a bait to get him to throw the coaches and QB under the bus and he didnt take it. I was quite shocked, as I would have finally told them to get F'd.

I hate Owens, but I can't dis a guy when he doesnt deserve it.

Lonestar
11-16-2009, 04:56 PM
well now we can put Garcia to bed in PHL.. hopefully he will retire there..

so we do not have to listen to half baked ideas, why he would be better in this offense after 5 days to learn it and get his timing down than either Simms or TB..

SPK

Grover
11-16-2009, 05:09 PM
That report saying that Philadelphia signed Garcia was dated back in September this year. They signed him for a game or two when McNabb was injured, and have already cut him, and signed Vick to be McNabb's backup.

The downside of all this is that Garcia is still available. But I agree with another poster, Brandstater might as well play, he couldn't possibly do any worse than Simms.

Ravage!!!
11-16-2009, 05:59 PM
You won't see McDaniels putting a rookie into the starting lineup. Thats like saying " I give up".... won't happen.

dogfish
11-16-2009, 06:17 PM
Ok, Simms is pathetic.:laugh:

How about Garcia?

no. . . seriously, can people please just stop with all the jeff garcia nonsense? come on chop, yer better than this! there's a reason the guy is available in november, and it's NOT because he's the second coming of john elway. . . even if he has anything at all left in the tank, the guy is a career west coast offense quarterback-- i don't think he's ever played in the spread, but if he did at one point it would've been years ago. . . we bring him in now, he's not even going to have the terminology down before orton's back, let alone the playbook. . . and we'd have to change the playbook to fit him anyways-- dude's too short to consistently see over the line, you have to use a lot of bootlegs and moving pockets to get him out in the open if you want him to be effective. . .

maybe, MAYYYBE if we'd signed him over the offseason, but you don't bring in a competely unfamiliar QB in novemeber and have any realistic hope that he's going to help you win games. . . i don't like the thought of potentially watching simms butcher another game any more than anyone else, but at this point in the season the die is cast-- if anything, i'd give brandstater a shot before trying to bring somebody else in-- at least tom knows what the plays are. . . .

Ravage!!!
11-16-2009, 06:25 PM
He doesn't have to be the second coming of Elway. He doesn' thave to be great..he only has to be better than what we have. Do you really believe, that Garcia is NOT better than the healthy QBs we have on the roster right now?

Lonestar
11-16-2009, 06:30 PM
He doesn't have to be the second coming of Elway. He doesn' thave to be great..he only has to be better than what we have. Do you really believe, that Garcia is NOT better than the healthy QBs we have on the roster right now?

considering the learning curve required by him in the next few days NO..

Superchop 7
11-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Lets see......Favre signed on Aug 19th and played Aug 22nd with a new team and new terminology. (and won)

He said the toughest thing was knowing how the receivers broke their route.

Based on their record, he seems to have picked it up fairly well.

MOtorboat
11-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Lets see......Favre signed on Aug 19th and played Aug 22nd with a new team and new terminology. (and won)

Jeff Garcia will not be a Bronco.

Lonestar
11-16-2009, 07:35 PM

and garcia is not farve.. your getting silly now..

Superchop 7
11-16-2009, 07:51 PM
By Ted Bartlett
A personnel grouping alone doesn't make something a form of offense. That's the overarching point here, that the wheel doesn't get reinvented too frequently, it only seems that way if you listen to people who don't really know what they're talking about. If you ask any supposed innovator, like Mike Shanahan or Urban Meyer or Josh McDaniels, I'm sure they'd tell you that what they're doing isn't really anything new, just a subtle change and an attempt at improvement from things which have worked in the past.

dogfish
11-16-2009, 07:53 PM

completely different. . . . not only does brad childress run the west coast offense that favre has been in his entire career, but childress is a disciple of andy reid, who was favre's QB coach in green bay when brett was learning to play. . . the syste in minny is the same one farve's played his entire pro career-- considering that reid and childress are both from the holmgren coaching tree, they most likely even have most of the same terminology. . .

not a valid comparison. . . .

and no, rav, i truly don't think garcia gives us a significantly better chance to win under the given circumstances. . . the guy's nothing special to begin with. . .

Ravage!!!
11-16-2009, 07:55 PM
and no, rav, i truly don't think garcia gives us a significantly better chance to win under the given circumstances. . . the guy's nothing special to begin with. . .

I think he's "more special" than Simms or the rookie.

Superchop 7
11-16-2009, 07:56 PM
Did I say Garcia was Favre ?

No.

I said he is better than Simms.

I think we have consensus that he is.

The only question is.....could he be effective on short notice,

It is a valid point.

But there is precedent.

Slick
11-16-2009, 07:58 PM
We have the Qbs that we have this season. It is what it is. I seriously doubt McDaniels is thinking about getting a guy off the street to come in here this season. Hopefully we'll play better but we aren't going to do that by binging in someone completely new to the system and the team.

We're going to have to ride it out this season. The good and the bad. We've played much better than last year as a whole and considering how pathetic we've been over the last few seasons, I'll settle with the improvements we've made and keep hope for the future.

Our coach is a fiery guy who hates losing. He will make us better. He's going to need more time and more players.

Superchop 7
11-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Third game of rookie year 1999, Steve Young goes out with a concussion, in comes Garcia. (Record sucked but 49ers had 30th ranked defense)

Garcia has been picking up new things on the fly his entire career, more so than Favre.

CFL is a wide open style offense.

Josh doesn't seem timid about making a move, especially with a veteran.

Bill Walsh sent a memo to 30 teams to draft Garcia. (Not "just" West Coast teams)

Medford Bronco
11-16-2009, 08:39 PM
ACtually Garcia could throw the check dows that Orton was throwing.

He would need some time to learn the offense but he could not have been more of a disaster than Simms was on Sunday.

He is not a bad NFL QB. A few years agon when McNabb was injured he won like 5 of 6 to get Philly in the playoffs. I think in 06 vs the Saints he almost beat them.

I do agree he is no Favre, Elway but is better than Simms right now.

But I hope Oroton is healthy and would rather Brandstater than Simms now.

Slick
11-16-2009, 08:44 PM
The 6-0 start inflated everyones expectations for the season.

smith49
11-16-2009, 08:53 PM
i vote Brandstater. i think that kid may be pretty good. he threw the ball like a mad man in college, he is big, and he is mobile. i know hes a rookie, and rookies have many growing pains, but i would almost love to see him get the nod.

SoCalImport
11-16-2009, 08:58 PM
The 6-0 start inflated everyones expectations for the season.

I know it inflated mine.

These feet are firmly on the ground now.

Make the playoffs? that would be awesome . Having a better record than Chicago is what I'm looking for. Anything after that is gravy.

Mostly I just want to see the continued improvement of my favorite team. If we take a step back that's fine, as long as it's followed by two steps forward.

Superchop 7
11-16-2009, 09:05 PM
Starting a rookie is guaranteed failure.

MOtorboat
11-16-2009, 09:08 PM

- Signed, Joe Flacco

smith49
11-16-2009, 09:13 PM

well, you may be right there, for this season anyhow. but it would be a big step toward an overall improvement for the future. after all, we all know orton can only do so much, and take this team so far. i think orton should start if he can, but otherwise im stickin with hoping for brandsater. maybe mcd can replicate what he did with cassel who was for the most part a rookie. or was he an outright rookie? i cant remember if he had been in the league for a year or so, just remember that he had not started a game since like high school or something.

Superchop 7
11-16-2009, 10:08 PM
If he was a stud rookie, I would agree.

But, even so.....

Lets say you gave him a shot and he flopped.

I would still rather have Garcia behind him for insurance than Simms.

Keep in mind that Orton is in his final year.

After all the crap he has been through......what if New England wanted him to back up Brady...? Nothing is keeping him here people.

Look, we know we have to groom a young stud, probably through the draft.

Garcia is not going to be around long, it would be a natural progression, old to new.

Two year deal, gets us over the hump.

Without making us look a chump.

humpty-hump.

I get stoopid, I shoot an arrow like Cupid,
I use a word that don't mean nothin', like looptid
I sang on Doowhutchalike, and if ya missed it,
I'm the one who said just grab 'em in the biscuits
Also told ya that I like to bite
Well, yeah, I guess it's obvious, I also like to write.
All ya had to do was give Humpty a chance
and now I'm gonna do my dance.

Ravage!!!
11-16-2009, 10:57 PM
- Signed, Joe Flacco

so you would like to rely on the exception to the rule, then?

MOtorboat
11-16-2009, 11:08 PM
so you would like to rely on the exception to the rule, then?

Settle down, big guy, just making a joke...

Shazam!
11-16-2009, 11:13 PM
Orton is expected to play.

I hope he tears it up and SD goes down so al lthe haters can finally shut the **** up.

It is clear the team needs him and he's the best QB we have.

Ravage!!!
11-16-2009, 11:18 PM
Settle down, big guy, just making a joke...

I know. Doesn't mean it didn't deserve a comment in return.

Ravage!!!
11-16-2009, 11:19 PM

I hope he tears it up and SD goes down so al lthe haters can finally shut the **** up.

what haters are you referring to? The ones that supported Simms as the starting QB?

MOtorboat
11-16-2009, 11:21 PM
I know. Doesn't mean it didn't deserve a comment in return.

- Signed, Matt Ryan.

Superchop 7
11-17-2009, 12:53 PM
I wonder if Garcia walking right off the street.....

Could do better than a 7.5 QB rating......?

No.

It takes "months" of preparation under McDaniels to do that well.

claymore
11-17-2009, 01:06 PM

Same can be said about our Punter. :baghead:

Medford Bronco
11-17-2009, 01:09 PM
- Signed, Matt Ryan.

Signed Ben Rothisbeger
Signed Dan Marino

Ravage!!!
11-17-2009, 01:12 PM
I wonder how many "signatures" I can get if I start listing out rookie QBs that failed their first year in the NFL.

claymore
11-17-2009, 01:13 PM
I wonder how many "signatures" I can get if I start listing out rookie QBs that failed their first year in the NFL.

-Signed, Drew Brees.

Dortoh
11-17-2009, 01:14 PM
-signed every rookie kc qb

CoachChaz
11-17-2009, 01:16 PM
Let's not forget that Flacco, Ryan, Marino, Roethlisberger were all first round picks. Somehow I see that as a distinct advantage over a 6th rounder

Ravage!!!
11-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Let's not forget that Flacco, Ryan, Marino, Roethlisberger were all first round picks. Somehow I see that as a distinct advantage over a 6th rounder

That was going to be my next question.

"I wonder how many 6th round rookie QBs failed in their first year in the NFL"

claymore
11-17-2009, 01:21 PM

All but Marino had a runing game to I think....

CoachChaz
11-17-2009, 01:23 PM
That was going to be my next question.

"I wonder how many 6th round rookie QBs failed in their first year in the NFL"

Better question...how many 6th rounders started a game in their rookie year?

...for a 6-3 division leader...

...against a 6-3 division rival...

Ravage!!!
11-17-2009, 01:26 PM
Better question...how many 6th rounders started a game in their rookie year?

...for a 6-3 division leader...

...against a 6-3 division rival...

I was actually trying to think of one... couldn't come up with a single name.

shank
11-17-2009, 01:27 PM
statistics and past happenings mean nothing to the individual.

i personally think that brandy showed more in preseason with preparation than simms showed last week (yes, without preparation).

another way of saying that, i think brandy was far more impressive as a 6th round rookie than simms was as a 7 year vet, preparation fully considered.

Ravage!!!
11-17-2009, 01:31 PM

i personally think that brandy showed more in preseason with preparation than simms showed last week (yes, without preparation).

another way of saying that, i think brandy was far more impressive as a 6th round rookie than simms was as a 7 year vet, preparation fully considered.

People said that Simms looked better than Orton in the preseason games as well. So judging how Brandy played in the preseason, compared to how Simms looked Sunday.... doesn't hold much water.

claymore
11-17-2009, 01:31 PM

He showed more than Orton too. Just keepin it real!

shank
11-17-2009, 01:33 PM
both true... i just can't believe how bad simms was. dumbfounded.

claymore
11-17-2009, 01:34 PM

I went back to my Bates/slowick defense game watching strategy. I DVR the game, get drunk, watch it, and if we win,. I rewatch it.

Dortoh
11-17-2009, 01:35 PM
He showed more than Orton too. Just keepin it real!

http://www.eagerarms.com/pictures/photo8_hand_grenades.jpg

Ravage!!!
11-17-2009, 01:36 PM

I think dumbfounded is the perfect word

pnbronco
11-17-2009, 01:47 PM
People said that Simms looked better than Orton in the preseason games as well. So judging how Brandy played in the preseason, compared to how Simms looked Sunday.... doesn't hold much water.

Yup. In camp Simms would take too long to pass when the D was applying pressure over and over in reps.

I didn't see or listen to the game so not sure what happened.

But to keep it real, Simms was still better than Brandstater. Tom would have moments, but he has a lot to learn and it showed.

Also if you think about it Simms is a lefty, so won't it take time for the line to adjust to the new blind side?

Grover
11-17-2009, 02:22 PM
Well Simms was just atrocious. End zone interception he had a covered Marshall streaking towards the corner of the endzone. If he had led Marshall a bit then there was a chance. But he threw inside badly (really badly) and Skins defender came up with it. One sideline pass he missed an open and leaping Marshall high and Marshall was pissed and showed his frustration on the field.

Based on Simms' performance, I hope Brandstater starts. But I agree with what some others have said, and that is no way McDaniels starts a rookie in a divisional game with the winner taking a one game lead.

claymore
11-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Well Simms was just atrocious. End zone interception he had a covered Marshall streaking towards the corner of the endzone. If he had led Marshall a bit then there was a chance. But he threw inside badly (really badly) and Skins defender came up with it. One sideline pass he missed an open and leaping Marshall high and Marshall was pissed and showed his frustration on the field.

Based on Simms' performance, I hope Brandstater starts. But I agree with what some others have said, and that is no way McDaniels starts a rookie in a divisional game with the winner taking a one game lead.

JMCD is a QB whisperer. we are in great hands.

slim
11-17-2009, 02:32 PM
JMCD is a QB whisperer. we are in great hands.

Troll

claymore
11-17-2009, 02:36 PM
Troll

So now I cant support McDaniels.

Dortoh
11-17-2009, 02:38 PM

LMMFAO

I love this thread

slim
11-17-2009, 02:39 PM

Of course you can, clay.

Tell me how much you love McD.

claymore
11-17-2009, 02:41 PM
Of course you can, clay.

Tell me how much you love McD.

Im not sure yet. Im still trying to figure that one out.

EMB6903
11-17-2009, 02:42 PM
Jeff Garcia back with the Eagles

By ROB MAADDI,
AP Sports Writer

PHILADELPHIA (AP) Jeff Garcia, the NFL's version of Rocky Balboa, is back with the Philadelphia Eagles.

The team has agreed to terms on a one-year deal with Garcia, a 10-year veteran who played for Philadelphia in 2006 and went 6-2 in eight starts - including the playoffs - while McNabb was injured.

The Eagles needed a backup quarterback in case McNabb, who suffered a broken rib in Philadelphia's 38-10 win over Carolina in the season opener, is not able to play this week against the New Orleans Saints.

Third-year pro Kevin Kolb filled in for McNabb and will start if McNabb is out, coach Andy Reid said.

"Whether it's a week or two weeks or the entire season, I'm excited about the opportunity," Garcia said in a conference call. "As far as a team I can go to and blend right in, this is the team for me to do that."

Garcia, who was signed by Oakland in the offseason to push JaMarcus Russell and serve as a mentor to the former No. 1 overall draft pick, was released by the Raiders on Sept. 5 after playing little in the preseason. He said he could've stayed with Oakland, but didn't think it was the right fit. But he also wasn't ready to call it a career.

"I didn't want it to be over," Garcia said. "I feel there's a lot of quality football left in me."

A four-time Pro Bowl selection, Garcia played well in his previous stint with the Eagles three seasons ago, throwing 11 touchdown passes against two interceptions in eight starts. In the process, he also became very popular with fans.

"I know the circumstances are different," Garcia said. "I'm OK with whatever helps the team."

Philadelphia's other quarterback, Michael Vick, is not eligible this week because he was suspended for the first two regular-season games as the last part of the NFL's penalty for his role in a dogfighting ring.

"We're lucky Jeff was available," Reid said on his weekly radio show. "He's someone who knows this offense and has been very successful in this offense. He can be a positive influence on Kevin Kolb."

The 39-year-old Garcia began his career with San Francisco in 1999. He replaced Hall of Fame QB Steve Young, put up big passing numbers with Terrell Owens as his main target and led the 49ers to two playoff appearances in his first three seasons as a full-time starter.

Garcia's career took a downward turn after he left the rebuilding 49ers in 2004. He spent forgettable seasons with Cleveland and Detroit before rejuvenating his career in Philadelphia in '06.

Garcia stepped in when McNabb tore his ACL, led the Eagles to a 5-1 record, an NFC East title and a playoff win over the New York Giants. His final game with Philadelphia was a loss at New Orleans in the divisional playoffs.

In his brief time with the Eagles, Garcia completely won over the tough Philly fans with his fiery personality and win-at-all-costs attitude.

A company made up T-shirts featuring Garcia with his fists up in a boxer's stance above the caption: "A Fighter Fights."

The Eagles didn't re-sign Garcia after that season and he went to Tampa Bay. Garcia led the Buccaneers to the NFC South title in 2007 and earned a trip to Hawaii.

Garcia has thrown for 25,537 yards, 161 touchdowns and 83 interceptions in 124 career games. He's completed 61.6 percent of his passes and has a QB rating of 87.5. Garcia is 58-58 as a starter.

McNabb, Vick and Garcia have been to a combined 12 Pro Bowls.

I wish it were that easy to sign a FA QB mid way through the year and have him run an entirely new offense to him from the start.

At this point Simms is clearly the better option....hell even Brandstater would be better then signing some FA expecting him to produce until Orton becomes healthy.

slim
11-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Im not sure yet. Im still trying to figure that one out.

I bet if we traded McD to Chicago you would start stalking him.

claymore
11-17-2009, 02:44 PM
I bet if we traded McD to Chicago you would start stalking him.

LOL, no, I have no idea what Chicago has to do with anything. But if Bowlen traded McDaniels, I would be all for it. Hopefully to a team that had more to offer draft pick wise than Chicago.

MOtorboat
11-17-2009, 02:44 PM

:pound:

:fail:
:pwned:

dunk7
11-17-2009, 05:09 PM
Garcia is consistent because he comes in as a West Coast system quarterback and is mildly successful at it.

That's not the offense we run. Jeff Garcia will not be a Bronco.

Mildly successful? :tsk:
If Orton had his stats, you'd be leading his HOF petition.

MOtorboat
11-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Mildly successful? :tsk:
If Orton had his stats, you'd be leading his HOF petition.

LOL...I don't really think you understand my position on Orton...

CrazyHorse
11-23-2009, 05:26 PM
:bump:
I hope you're right!

MOtorboat
11-23-2009, 05:27 PM
http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Random/not-this-shit-again.jpg

CrazyHorse
11-23-2009, 05:28 PM
http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Random/not-this-shit-again.jpg

I take it you're content with Chris Simms?

Northman
11-23-2009, 05:29 PM
I take it you're content with Chris Simms?

Who is this Chris Simm's you speak of?

Northman
11-23-2009, 05:33 PM
You know, some of you guys have to be careful when wishing for guys like Garcia. I mean, this is the same guy who had trouble winning the job in Tampa along with guys like Griese, Simms, Grabowski, Plummer (he was too smart not too go there), McClown, and Rattay. He couldnt even win the job in Oakland of all places! If he cant beat those HOF's what makes you think he is the answer here? lol

KCL
11-23-2009, 05:34 PM
You know, some of you guys have to be careful when wishing for guys like Garcia. I mean, this is the same guy who had trouble winning the job in Tampa along with guys like Griese, Simms, Grabowski, Plummer (he was too smart not too go there), McClown, and Rattay. He couldnt even win the job in Oakland of all places! If he cant beat those HOF's what makes you think he is the answer here? lol

Look on the other side...is Simms the answer here?

GEM

He is also the guy who came into Philly when McNabb went down and led them to some wins. :shrugs:

Dortoh

On the upside I believe the whole team can use his senior discount at certain buffet style resturants so there is that.

Northman
11-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Look on the other side...is Simms the answer here?

No, thats why you might as well bump up Brandywine. Draft a future prospect next year but Brandy to me has more upside at this point than both Simms and Garcia.

Northman
11-23-2009, 05:37 PM
He is also the guy who came into Philly when McNabb went down and led them to some wins. :shrugs:

I never said he didnt win a couple of games in his travels.

KCL
11-23-2009, 05:41 PM
No, thats why you might as well bump up Brandywine. Draft a future prospect next year but Brandy to me has more upside at this point than both Simms and Garcia.

This is what doesn't make sense to me...Orton gets hurt...here comes Simms...he isn't getting the job done...now I understand he is getting paid to
come in and play when needed...but IMO those are 2 different issues..if he can't get the job done or look half way decent in a loss...then go ahead and put the rookie in...how much was Simms guaranteed to get paid? Count your losses and let him go...Hell I don't know...I guess you guys really
are screwed...:lol:

Northman
11-23-2009, 05:46 PM
This is what doesn't make sense to me...Orton gets hurt...here comes Simms...he isn't getting the job done...now I understand he is getting paid to
come in and play when needed...but IMO those are 2 different issues..if he can't get the job done or look half way decent in a loss...then go ahead and put the rookie in...how much was Simms guaranteed to get paid? Cut your losses and let him go...Hell I don't know...I guess you guys really
are screwed...:lol:

I think there was a few different things going through McD's mind honestly and this is where HIS inexperience has come in. Not only did the Bronco players get cocky with the 6-0 start but so did our young coach and now he is facing adversity for the first time since the 6-0 start. I think he truly believed that Simms could get it done in place of Orton. And i also think that (and i would agree) that the Charger game was a "must win" in terms of regaining some confidence back in the team. I agree the smarter senario would of either to let Simms finish and lose 102-3 or get Brandstater in there but from what i heard he was inactive. So, i think McD was trying very hard to get us back in the game to try and win it and to some degree we almost did until the fumble and then the onside kick which backfired immensely. Its going to be tough the rest of the year but i hope to at least beat the teams that we should beat but we know how that goes.

claymore
11-23-2009, 06:01 PM
The race is on to get Garcia. He is going to Pitt tomorrow!

KCL
11-23-2009, 06:02 PM
I think there was a few different things going through McD's mind honestly and this is where HIS inexperience has come in. Not only did the Bronco players get cocky with the 6-0 start but so did our young coach and now he is facing adversity for the first time since the 6-0 start. I think he truly believed that Simms could get it done in place of Orton. And i also think that (and i would agree) that the Charger game was a "must win" in terms of regaining some confidence back in the team. I agree the smarter senario would of either to let Simms finish and lose 102-3 or get Brandstater in there but from what i heard he was inactive. So, i think McD was trying very hard to get us back in the game to try and win it and to some degree we almost did until the fumble and then the onside kick which backfired immensely. Its going to be tough the rest of the year but i hope to at least beat the teams that we should beat but we know how that goes.

So he is inactive? That does create a problem...a huge problem.I know some on here were saying that Orton was fine and I guess he even said it himself but from what I saw..IMO he still looked like he was favoring his injury.

About the players getting cocky...yea that could be...some of them may have been..the games I did see Denver play (esp the Mon night game) against the Chargers...you all were playing some great football..both on the O and D..When the losing streak started..damn that really took the team down mentally and looks as if they haven't overcome it.

It's tough to see your season slipping away like it is...I even made a post in a thread about SD's message board that I thought it was possible that they would catch up with Denver...I could see it happening and it has.

Believe me I know what losing feels like...been living it the past few seasons with the Chiefs...yesterday's game was the first time in a long time that the Chiefs played good football and made it an exciting game..I was on the edge of my seat.

The Giants coming up this week and I think Denver has their work cut out for them..they finally won yesterday beating the Falcons in OT...I may be wrong.If Orton is ready to play and can stay healthy all through the game...the Broncos may have a good shot of getting back into it..who knows SD could go into a losing streak...it's very possible and anything can happen.

MOtorboat
Has anyone called Geoff George?

Ravage!!!

NO NO.. that can't be true!! Garcia sucks! He can't learn the Pittsburgh system.... the Steelers would NEVER consider a guy like Garcia

Northman
11-23-2009, 06:03 PM

Is Ben hurt that bad? I didnt hear anymore on his injury.

KCL
11-23-2009, 06:04 PM
NO NO.. that can't be true!! Garcia sucks! He can't learn the Pittsburgh system.... the Steelers would NEVER consider a guy like Garcia

well maybe they sign him and release Charlie.

KCL
11-23-2009, 06:05 PM

concussion and Batch suffered a wrist injury in yesterday's game.

Ravage!!!
11-23-2009, 06:06 PM
well maybe they sign him and release Charlie.

yeah.. I tried to sound sarcastic on that post.... :tsk:

Northman
11-23-2009, 06:08 PM
So he is inactive? That does create a problem...a huge problem.I know some on here were saying that Orton was fine and I guess he even said it himself but from what I saw..IMO he still looked like he was favoring his injury.

About the players getting cocky...yea that could be...some of them may have been..the games I did see Denver play (esp the Mon night game) against the Chargers...you all were playing some great football..both on the O and D..When the losing streak started..damn that really took the team down mentally and looks as if they haven't overcome it.

It's tough to see your season slipping away like it is...I even made a post in a thread about SD's message board that I thought it was possible that they would catch up with Denver...I could see it happening and it has.

Believe me I know what losing feels like...been living it the past few seasons with the Chiefs...yesterday's game was the first time in a long time that the Chiefs played good football and made it an exciting game..I was on the edge of my seat.

The Giants coming up this week and I think Denver has their work cut out for them..they finally won yesterday beating the Falcons in OT...I may be wrong.If Orton is ready to play and can stay healthy all through the game...the Broncos may have a good shot of getting back into it..who knows SD could go into a losing streak...it's very possible and anything can happen.

Without a doubt. Sad thing is i went to my first Bronco game which was the Ravens game and we havent won since. :whistle:

Northman
11-23-2009, 06:09 PM
yeah.. I tried to sound sarcastic on that post.... :tsk:

As usual you are an EPIC FAIL. ;)

weazel
11-23-2009, 06:13 PM
why would he sign with a free-falling 6-4 team when he can sign with a mediocre 6-4 team?

claymore
11-23-2009, 06:13 PM

Sorry for the slow respones. and you probably already know that batch's arm got sucked up into Mike Vrabel's huge vagina, and it hurt it pretty bad, so now he needs surgery. :(

Northman
11-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Sorry for the slow respones. and you probably already know that batch's arm got sucked up into Mike Vrabel's huge vagina, and it hurt it pretty bad, so now he needs surgery. :(

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh shit, that was funny.

KCL
11-23-2009, 06:18 PM

Hey numbnuts...try again...Vrabel didn't play yesterday.

damn come to think of it...The Chiefs were a little rough on the
Pittsburgh's QBs...:shocked:

claymore
11-23-2009, 06:19 PM

I couldn5t think of any of your other players names. :(

weazel
11-23-2009, 06:20 PM

he didn't have to play, his vagina is just that big! :shocked:

KCL
11-23-2009, 06:23 PM
I couldn5t think of any of your other players names. :(

That's okay claymore..you're forgiven NN.:laugh:

KCL
11-23-2009, 06:24 PM
he didn't have to play, his vagina is just that big! :shocked:

I'm sure he has other big things as well.....:whistle:

:lol:

claymore
11-23-2009, 06:33 PM
I'm sure he has other big things as well.....:whistle:

:lol:

Huge rectum?

Ravage!!!
11-23-2009, 06:34 PM
Huge rectum?

Boobies!!

Requiem / The Dagda
11-23-2009, 06:38 PM
According to a Denver Post report, the Denver Broncos are scheduled to bring in veteran quarterback Jeff Garcia in for a workout this Tuesday. Simms' inability to run the Broncos offense has shown the past two weeks, and starter Kyle Orton is still experiencing problems in his ankle.

Source: I Can't Believe You Read This LOL.

KCL
11-23-2009, 06:38 PM
Huge rectum?

could have...he is a big man.

KCL
11-23-2009, 06:39 PM
Boobies!!

Ballies...:lol: and well you know..
oh shit...get this thread back on topic.:laugh:

claymore
11-23-2009, 06:41 PM
could have...he is a big man.

I bet his poop falls out on accident.

KCL
11-23-2009, 06:59 PM
I bet his poop falls out on accident.

I have no idea and I don't care to know....ewwwwwww...

CrazyHorse
11-23-2009, 07:03 PM
Has anyone called Geoff George?

I heard he has a Cannon. Just like Cutler. He's actually not that bad of a QB. Just not smart enough to run our system.

Dr Velcro
11-23-2009, 07:15 PM
This is an unfounded claim unless you have a link or good source to back it up.

Otherwise, it's just a waste of time.

Gossip.

Dr Velcro
11-23-2009, 07:15 PM

Gossip.

Ravage!!!
11-23-2009, 08:09 PM

Gossip.

you can say that again

Dortoh
11-24-2009, 10:32 AM
you can say that again

I high fived it twice because i liked it both times :)