PDA

View Full Version : Polls

CoachChaz
01-15-2008, 04:06 PM
I'd like to suggest that in the future any topics that are offered to be decided by the people should be announced or advertied more prevalently and perhaps be attached to a poll in order to get an accurate response and eliminate any vagueness.

Thank You

Broncolingus
01-15-2008, 04:09 PM
I'd like to suggest that in the future any topics that are offered to be decided by the people should be announced or advertied more prevalently and perhaps be attached to a poll in order to get an accurate response and eliminate any vagueness.

Thank You

This post offends me...

BOSSHOGG30
01-15-2008, 04:17 PM
Worst Thread Ever!

tubby
01-15-2008, 04:34 PM
I like polls.

DallasChief
01-15-2008, 04:35 PM
I like poles.

That's what she said.

tubby
01-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Nothing beats a good poll.

tubby
01-15-2008, 04:36 PM
That's what she said.

You sneaky SOB.

Take off your mask.

slim
01-15-2008, 04:42 PM
Are you guys talking about stripper poles? I like those too (well, not the pole so much as the stripper).

CoachChaz
01-15-2008, 04:47 PM
I think I qualify as the Head Pole here.

Watchthemiddle
01-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Coach,

By reading some of your threads, I take it you were repremanded about a post or 20 you made?

Join the party. It happens to the best of us. You just gotta move on and let go and once this site gets all the wrinkles ironed out things will be better.

Bronco9798
01-15-2008, 08:42 PM
Coach,

By reading some of your threads, I take it you were repremanded about a post or 20 you made?

Join the party. It happens to the best of us. You just gotta move on and let go and once this site gets all the wrinkles ironed out things will be better.

I've tried. Coach is stubborn as a mule. I'm working on him. He's tough to crack.

Jody
01-15-2008, 09:26 PM
Coach,

Yep! And this guy knows what he's talking about. :lol: And we love him on this board - we are glad he has special techniques to calm down. ;):D

Watchthemiddle
01-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Yep! And this guy knows what he's talking about. :lol: And we love him on this board - we are glad he has special techniques to calm down. ;):D

Ah...I and love you too..:kiss:

Tned
01-15-2008, 10:17 PM

Thank You

I posted in the soup vuu ploop thread about this, but here goes again, just cause I like typing lots of words and then admiring the fact that I did it without ever looking at the keyboard...

My "opinion" on polls**

Side note:,this is being posted as my opinion, as a member of Broncosforums, because I am not just the owner, but a client of hair club... errr, I think I am confused... Back to our regularly scheduled long winded post...

is that they aren't good for making important decisions concerning the message board for a couple (maybe three or four, depends how much I write) reasons.

Most people respond to polls on their gut, BEFORE reading the accompanying discussions. When making important decisions, we don't want initial reactions, but for people to fully understand what is being discussed and then give their input.

Unless all 'controversial' subjects are required to pass by a 2/3rds majority or something, you simply can't make important decisions based on a poll. I used the example of an f-bomb in the flea zoo ploof thread. If 51% vote to allow, and 49% vote against, allowing f-bombs would create a much greater uproar and probably membership defection than filtering them with ****. IMO, there has to be some judgement (via single admin, or in this case the advisory board) that goes into deciding not only what the 'majority' wants, but if it is not an overwhelming majority, which option will do the most good, or least harm, to the message board. Those criteria are different for each decision. Take the High 5. If you have 51% for and 49% against, that's one you probably would initiate, because the 51% for likely feel much stronger about wanting their salutes/High 5's, then the 49% that didn't really care, or thought the MHS was enough, etc. If you put polls in place as 'votes' then people will be screaming, "hey, the 'majority' wanted xxxxxx, why didn't you do it".

If people really want to contribute, why can't they take the time to 'post a comment' rather than just click "yes or no"?

Since ultimately, the advisory board (or an individual if there was no AB) will have to make a judgement on certain things, it is FAR more useful for people to discuss their reasoning along with simply saying which 'camp' they fall into, so the AB can be sure to consider all aspects, rather than simply seeing that 54% of the people voted xxxxx.

Anyway, those are my opinions****

****Tned is participating in this thread, giving his opinion, just like everyone else, not dictating like the supreme leader, which he was granted supreme leadershiperness by the queen of turlobia in 1998....

and only my opinions, which I thought I would share, as I think this is a good topic to discuss.

tubby
01-15-2008, 10:22 PM
I posted in the soup vuu ploop thread about this, but here goes again, just cause I like typing lots of words and then admiring the fact that I did it without ever looking at the keyboard...

My "opinion" on polls**

Side note:,this is being posted as my opinion, as a member of Broncosforums, because I am not just the owner, but a client of hair club... errr, I think I am confused... Back to our regularly scheduled long winded post...

is that they aren't good for making important decisions concerning the message board for a couple (maybe three or four, depends how much I write) reasons.

Most people respond to polls on their gut, BEFORE reading the accompanying discussions. When making important decisions, we don't want initial reactions, but for people to fully understand what is being discussed and then give their input.

Unless all 'controversial' subjects are required to pass by a 2/3rds majority or something, you simply can't make important decisions based on a poll. I used the example of an f-bomb in the flea zoo ploof thread. If 51% vote to allow, and 49% vote against, allowing f-bombs would create a much greater uproar and probably membership defection than filtering them with ****. IMO, there has to be some judgement (via single admin, or in this case the advisory board) that goes into deciding not only what the 'majority' wants, but if it is not an overwhelming majority, which option will do the most good, or least harm, to the message board. Those criteria are different for each decision. Take the High 5. If you have 51% for and 49% against, that's one you probably would initiate, because the 51% for likely feel much stronger about wanting their salutes/High 5's, then the 49% that didn't really care, or thought the MHS was enough, etc. If you put polls in place as 'votes' then people will be screaming, "hey, the 'majority' wanted xxxxxx, why didn't you do it".

If people really want to contribute, why can't they take the time to 'post a comment' rather than just click "yes or no"?

Since ultimately, the advisory board (or an individual if there was no AB) will have to make a judgement on certain things, it is FAR more useful for people to discuss their reasoning along with simply saying which 'camp' they fall into, so the AB can be sure to consider all aspects, rather than simply seeing that 54% of the people voted xxxxx.

Anyway, those are my opinions****

****Tned is participating in this thread, giving his opinion, just like everyone else, not dictating like the supreme leader, which he was granted supreme leadershiperness by the queen of turlobia in 1998....

and only my opinions, which I thought I would share, as I think this is a good topic to discuss.

Too long. Didn't read a word. :five:

slim
01-15-2008, 10:26 PM

Tned = G_Money :D

Tned
01-15-2008, 10:35 PM

See, that's one of the ways we weed out folks like you from the process. We don't let you just click and make your mark, we make you read the long ass Tned posts!!!

Lonestar
01-15-2008, 10:37 PM

Good post but I think your on your hand held again.

Shouldn't that be turdobia?

Tned
01-15-2008, 10:39 PM
Good post but I think your on your hand held again.

Shouldn't that be turdobia?

No, no mobile device, but I am under the influence of prescription narcotics***

****Note: Tned does not condone the abuse, nor use, of prescription narcotics by anyone under the age of 18, or anyone else who is not under the care of multiple physicians...

Also, I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so I am teetering and ready to fall off my 'know it all' pedestal

Lonestar
01-15-2008, 10:42 PM
No, no mobile device, but I am under the influence of prescription narcotics***

****Note: Tned does not condone the abuse, nor use, of prescription narcotics by anyone under the age of 18, or anyone else who is not under the care of multiple physicians...

Also, I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so I am teetering and ready to fall off my 'know it all' pedestal

I still have that stupid virus you sent me, now my back is so sore from coughing I can hard sit still or lay flat on my back..

Wish when you are sick you would not get on here and if you do wash your hands before boarding..

Tned
01-15-2008, 11:28 PM
I still have that stupid virus you sent me, now my back is so sore from coughing I can hard sit still or lay flat on my back..

Wish when you are sick you would not get on here and if you do wash your hands before boarding..

Put a poll up to see if people want me to wash my hands and not transfer my germs to you....