PDA

View Full Version : Orton questionable

MOtorboat
11-16-2009, 02:45 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13800183

Broncos' Orton questionable for Sunday
By Mike Chambers
The Denver Post

Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton is questionable for Sunday's showdown against San Diego, Denver coach Josh McDaniels said today.

Orton injured his left ankle late in the first half in Sunday's 24-17 loss at Washington. McDaniels would not divulge the extent of the injury.

"Not sure how that's going to go," McDaniels said. "We're going to see how he progresses during the course of the next few days and see if and when Kyle is ready to go. Whether that's Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (or) not at all. He's definitely not out for the game. We're certainly hopeful we can get him ready to go."

Backup quarterback Chris Simms was unable to lead the Broncos to any second-half points against the Redskins. He completed 3-of-13 passes for 13 yards, with an interception.

"I would love for him to have played better, but I think there are some other things that happened during the course of the second half that affected his play or would have affected Kyle's play," McDaniels said. "We got into some long-yardage situations. We obviously had two 2-minute drives at the end. We're behind and we have to throw, and they know it and they're pass-rushing us.

"The game plan was not necessarily designed to have a bunch of drop-back passes where we just stand there in a gun like a sitting duck and let them come after us."

GEM
11-16-2009, 03:00 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13800183

Well, that's what Simms does well. Sit there like a lame duck and wait for the defender to take him down. He holds onto the ball far too long and our OLinemen aren't build to hold up the pocket for that length of time.

claymore
11-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Well, that's what Simms does well. Sit there like a lame duck and wait for the defender to take him down. He holds onto the ball far too long and our OLinemen aren't build to hold up the pocket for that length of time.

Im sure we can train him to throw a 3 yard screen to the RB in a week.

GEM
11-16-2009, 03:34 PM

He's a 7 year vet minus a year for the injury. If he doesn't know how to do that already, I don't know that it's trainable.

MOtorboat
11-16-2009, 03:34 PM

Doubt it. He had seven months to learn how, and he couldn't do it.

KCL
11-16-2009, 03:37 PM

Big Ben does the same thing...of course I know Simms in no Ben.

GEM
11-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Big Ben does the same thing...of course I know Simms in no Ben.

Big Ben has the size and escape ability to allow him to do it. Simms has neither.

claymore
11-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Doubt it. He had seven months to learn how, and he couldn't do it.

Then we should cut his ass, and........ Start to question our personel department.

KCL
11-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Big Ben has the size and escape ability to allow him to do it. Simms has neither.

I agree...that's why I said Simms was no Ben...truth is alot of QBs do that...Cassel does it at times instead of just throwing the ball away...I have
watched Ben and he'll take the sack sometimes instead of throwing it away.

It is what it is with Simms...maybe he'll play better this week...how was the pass protection for him against the Skins?

KCL
11-16-2009, 03:43 PM
Then we should cut his ass, and........ Start to question our personel department.

I say Bronco fans should have a write in to release Simms and sign
claymore.

MOtorboat
11-16-2009, 03:43 PM

http://boards.chicagobears.com/

claymore
11-16-2009, 03:44 PM
http://boards.chicagobears.com/

What am I allowed to say about Simms?

MOtorboat
11-16-2009, 03:45 PM

Say what you want. You're nuts, but say what you want.

BroncoDiva87
11-16-2009, 03:50 PM
NOOOO!!!!! I dont know if i can go thru an Entire Game of Chris Simms!!!! That Totally SUCKED yesterday! How can someone who Looked SO much Better in Preseason When he came in ... Look so bad Yesterday???:confused::noidea:

Dortoh
11-16-2009, 03:55 PM

The way it sounds today atleast you can only say.

OMG!!!!!1!!! Ortons is the win Simms is the Suck. We are so going to be pwnd for ever!#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ravage!!!
11-16-2009, 04:29 PM

You aren't allowed to back Simms unless you qualify that support with "not that there's anything wrong with Orton." Ala Seinfeld.

ex: "Simms will get better this week wth some practice with the starting unit...not that there's anything wrong with ORton"

We don't want to confuse those that have been telling you to support the Denver starting QB.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-16-2009, 04:31 PM
Why didn't we keep Darrell Hackney? He had a howitzer arm and was black. Randal Cunningham like abilities. Lets sign him back up or trade for Cleo Lemon.

Shazam!
11-16-2009, 06:35 PM
1050 ESPN Sportscenter just reported Orton is likely to start vs. SD. For whatever that's worth.

honz
11-16-2009, 09:59 PM
I am not religious, but this week I pray.

MOtorboat
11-16-2009, 10:00 PM
I am not religious, but this week I pray.

The Football Gods are real.

:coffee:

P.S. I'm shaving my beard, I think.

BroncoTech
11-17-2009, 01:22 AM
NOOOO!!!!! I dont know if i can go thru an Entire Game of Chris Simms!!!! That Totally SUCKED yesterday! How can someone who Looked SO much Better in Preseason When he came in ... Look so bad Yesterday???

Don't worry he couldn't last a whole game before a puff of wind comes up and knocks out his other spleen. When you are a backup you know you have limited time to show your talent and you must take advantage of it. What he showed us is he has no business in the nfl. He's not durable enough to last an entire game so at least we don't have to worry over that.

:defense:

dogfish
11-17-2009, 01:29 AM

sit there? more like prance around-- he had some of the worst happy feet i've ever seen. . . i never thought i'd be praying for kyle orton to be able to play for us, but that's what it's come down to. . . . :tsk: