PDA

View Full Version : Shanahan to Coach Buffs??

Buff
11-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Coach Dan Hawkins still has his job for now, but the calls for his head are getting louder with each week. Should he be fired, one of the most tantalizing possibilities being floated in the blogosphere is that athletic director Mike Bohn is considering a Kiffin-like arrangement with the Shanahans.

Under this scenario, Colorado would hire Kyle Shanahan, the offensive coordinator of the Houston Texans, as head coach, and his father, Mike, the longtime Denver Broncos coach, would come aboard as some sort of assistant, a la Monte Kiffin with Lane Kiffin at Tennessee. (Indeed, FootballCoachScoop.com reports that Bohn met with Mike Shanahan on Sunday.)

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/features/rumors

Separate rumor:

Colorado:
Sources close to the situation tell us that AD Mike Bohn is planning on speaking with Eric Bieniemy (former CU player and current Minnesota Vikings
Running Backs coach) and Jeremy Bates (USC Offensive Coordinator) who previously worked as OC for Denver Broncos.

http://footballcoachscoop.com/Scoop.html

MOtorboat
11-16-2009, 01:00 PM
Interesting.

Hawkins' head is going to roll...and probably soon.

shank
11-16-2009, 01:06 PM
that would be pretty amazing

Buff
11-16-2009, 01:07 PM
If it weren't for the $3 million buyout, I'd say it's a done deal (Hawkins getting fired)... But I don't know how our cash strapped athletic department is going to foot that bill.

NightTrainLayne
11-16-2009, 01:11 PM
If it weren't for the $3 million buyout, I'd say it's a done deal (Hawkins getting fired)... But I don't know how our cash strapped athletic department is going to foot that bill.

Why doesn't Colorado have any high-powered alumni?

OU has the Gaylords.
OSU has T. Boone Pickens. . .

Nebraska has "Larry the Cable Guy"

Where's CU's money?

:lol:

Buff
11-16-2009, 01:19 PM
All of CU's high-powerd alumni are astronauts or academicians who don't give a damn about the football program. That's why we're broke in the first place and why we can never hope to compete with the likes of Texas and Oklahoma on an annual basis.

NightTrainLayne
11-16-2009, 01:32 PM
All of CU's high-powerd alumni are astronauts or academicians who don't give a damn about the football program. That's why we're broke in the first place and why we can never hope to compete with the likes of Texas and Oklahoma on an annual basis.

Sorry Buff, I was just joking. I'll quit trolling now.

MOtorboat
11-16-2009, 01:34 PM
Where's CU's money?

:lol:

Hookers.

Dr Velcro
11-16-2009, 01:36 PM

It could be a LOT worse....
You could have evil, sucky Kraigthorp as your HC.

MOtorboat
11-16-2009, 01:37 PM

:pound:

:pound:

FAIL

Buff
11-16-2009, 01:51 PM

I don't know if that qualifies as a LOT worse. According to Wiki he is 15-19 at Louisville.

Dan Hawkins is 16-31 at CU.

Therefore, we are the biggest losers.

Overtime
11-16-2009, 07:23 PM
i don't see Mike Shanahan being an assistant to his son. He wants to stay in the pro's. but interesting read.

Slick
11-16-2009, 08:26 PM
I really hope Hawkins gets canned. I agree with buff that it seems like a financial impossibility, but you never know. I'd rather see a Shanahan team than Bieniemy. Maybe CU can borrow some money from China. 3 million would be like two pairs of chopsticks in comparison.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-17-2009, 03:44 PM

Mike Evans/Scott Hastings were just discussing the whole Hawkins replacement scenario and they said that it was stated that the money has been found for the buyout.

And talked at length about the rumor of Kyle Shanahan for head coach, and stated that within this scenario it has been mentioned that Mike Shanahan would be the offensive coordinator.

Of course, other names were mentioned like Bienemy.

CoachChaz
11-18-2009, 08:36 AM
Having money in your AD and alumni isnt always beneficial. Ask the Aggies

Buff
11-18-2009, 09:42 AM
Mike Evans/Scott Hastings were just discussing the whole Hawkins replacement scenario and they said that it was stated that the money has been found for the buyout.

And talked at length about the rumor of Kyle Shanahan for head coach, and stated that within this scenario it has been mentioned that Mike Shanahan would be the offensive coordinator.

Of course, other names were mentioned like Bienemy.

Neil Woelk (Daily Camera) was on with Lewis and Floorwax this morning and said he can confirm no member of CU, including Bohn, has contacted the Shanahans.

So it's probably nothing more than an internet rumor at this point. But I think it's becoming clear that Hawkins is going to get the boot in 2 weeks.