PDA

View Full Version : So how bad will the chargers beat us Sunday

Dortoh
11-16-2009, 10:14 AM
Ok folks lets get it on record how badly will the mighty Chargers and Mr. Rivers beat us in our own house on Sunday.

Lonestar
11-16-2009, 10:28 AM
O yee of little faith.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

MOtorboat
11-16-2009, 10:31 AM
I love lamp.

claymore
11-16-2009, 10:31 AM
The 3 points will come during trash time. :D

Shazam!
11-16-2009, 10:35 AM
I hope the Broncos win so all the naysayers look really stupid.

All the people trying to jump back on the wagon will be kicked in the teeth.

broncofaninfla
11-16-2009, 10:36 AM
The Chargers have to smell blood. They are playing great ball and well, we're not. For the 3rd week in a row McD was out coached, this time by Zorn of all coaches. Turner has to be licking his chops over this one. I HATE, I mean HATE the Chargers and hope we get it together before Sunday because it will take our A game to beat them this time around. If we lose this one we can pretty much write the divison out.

Mike
11-16-2009, 10:38 AM
I hate you Dortoh.

;)

Shazam!
11-16-2009, 10:40 AM
As far as SD being hot, maybe SD is due for a loss and Denver for a W. Ever think of that?

skycoyote
11-16-2009, 10:41 AM
I don't believe the Broncos offense can run with the Chargers. As proven in the past the defense can only hold on so long. Chargers 35-10

Dortoh
11-16-2009, 10:42 AM
I should have also asked who if anyone is even planning on watching this game?

MOtorboat
11-16-2009, 10:47 AM

I love desk.

Shazam!
11-16-2009, 10:51 AM

Denver could be playing the 72' Dolphins or 85' Bears every week and I'll watch it even if they have no chance.

Dirk
11-16-2009, 10:52 AM
Broncos squeak out a win! 23-21! :salute:

Dortoh
11-16-2009, 10:54 AM
I love desk.

Sometimes I feel like you dont take my work seriously

Dortoh
11-16-2009, 10:56 AM
Denver could be playing the 72' Dolphins or 85' Bears every week and I'll watch it even if they have no chance.

Ok I'm as homer as the next guy but your correct watching Simms and our offense vs the 85 bears would be kinda fun....in a sadistic sorta way.

MOtorboat
11-16-2009, 11:06 AM
Sometimes I feel like you dont take my work seriously

I love carpet?

Dortoh
11-16-2009, 11:07 AM
I love carpet?

Hardwood floors FTW

MOtorboat
11-16-2009, 11:10 AM
Hardwood floors FTW

I just can't win.

56-3 it is.

NorthernLights
11-16-2009, 11:17 AM
I'm not going to be making any bold predictions, but I do think it is going to be a close game. These two teams know each other very well, and I just don't see a blowout coming in either direction.

I'm hoping for a great game with no injuries. Good luck on Sunday. :beer:

Dortoh
11-16-2009, 11:18 AM
I'm not going to be making any bold predictions, but I do think it is going to be a close game. These two teams know each other very well, and I just don't see a blowout coming in either direction.

I'm hoping for a great game with no injuries. Good luck on Sunday. :beer:

Tell the truth this is exactly what you posted pre-week 17 last year isnt it :laugh:

NorthernLights
11-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Tell the truth this is exactly what you posted pre-week 17 last year isnt it :laugh:

Guilty!

Ravage!!!
11-16-2009, 11:38 AM
Can't be a blowout! I was promised by people on these boards, now that Shanahan was fired:

1) No longer be mental let downs after bye weeks!!
2) We would no longer get clobbered at home!
3) We would no longer lose three game leads to division rivals
4) We would no longer lose 'trap games'
5) We would not get blown out by the Chargers!

Damnit.. I want ONE of these promises to come true... so we just CAN'T be blown out!

Dortoh
11-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Can't be a blowout! I was promised by people on these boards, now that Shanahan was fired:

Damnit.. I want ONE of these promises to come true... so we just CAN'T be blown out!

I hope you bought the extended coverage on that lemon.

shank
11-16-2009, 11:44 AM
I don't believe the Broncos offense can run with the Chargers. As proven in the past the defense can only hold on so long. Chargers 35-10

you mean like that one time... THIS season... when we beat them in san diego?

Shazam!
11-16-2009, 11:48 AM

If you think that if Shanahan were still here Denver would be better than 6-3, you're kidding yourself.

Poet
11-16-2009, 12:55 PM
I feel my time here is fading...

EastCoastBronco
11-16-2009, 12:56 PM
None of this shit has anything to do with Chris "carpet" Simms or Kyle "lamp" Orton or Brian "hardwood" Griese or Bubby "fu*king" Brister or John Elway Ford...
If our goddamn defence doesn't get it's mojo back we are in for a painful prison shower ass rape. Tired or not, they have played like shit. They were our constant. Now they are not. Dawkins needs to start doing some of that Wolverine shit again.

topscribe
11-16-2009, 12:59 PM
I don't eat red crayons. I eat orange crayons and blue crayons.

KCL eats red crayons . . .

-----

2- Minute Warning
11-16-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm more of a blue chalk person myself.;)

Dortoh
11-16-2009, 01:03 PM
I feel my time here is fading...

Why King are you too good for us now that your Bengals are kicking ass and we um lost to the redskins?

What has this world come to when Bengal fans are embarrassed to be seen with Bronco fans :tsk:

;)

UnderArmour
11-16-2009, 01:03 PM
As far as SD being hot, maybe SD is due for a loss and Denver for a W. Ever think of that?

Our last win was against the Chargers.

KCL
11-16-2009, 01:09 PM

-----

That wouldn't taste very good...but it might taste better than some crow!

Traveler
11-16-2009, 01:16 PM
None of this shit has anything to do with Chris "carpet" Simms or Kyle "lamp" Orton or Brian "hardwood" Griese or Bubby "fu*king" Brister or John Elway Ford...
If our goddamn defence doesn't get it's mojo back we are in for a painful prison shower ass rape. Tired or not, they have played like shit. They were our constant. Now they are not. Dawkins needs to start doing some of that Wolverine shit again.

OUCH! :shocked:

Agree with the sentiment, just not how you expressed it.:eek:

BTW, I like red crayons too. Wax Kool-aid. Mmmmm....

shank
11-16-2009, 01:17 PM
threads like this, and you ask why i didn't call you :tsk:

Dortoh
11-16-2009, 01:20 PM
threads like this, and you ask why i didn't call you :tsk:

I think this thread served its purpose quite nicely :elefant:

topscribe
11-16-2009, 01:22 PM

Except now I don't have any blue or orange crayons to color with . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdissappointed.gif

-----

MOtorboat
11-16-2009, 01:26 PM

I love chair.

Day1BroncoFan
11-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Dude, eat my shorts. :tsk:

Requiem / The Dagda
11-16-2009, 01:49 PM

Will they look as stupid as the people who assumed we were going to roll over the Redskins? Perhaps those people should be "kicked off" the "bandwagon" too.

weazel
11-16-2009, 02:38 PM

I always watch. If you can watch them lose superbowls by 40 points, whats wrong with watching them lose season games.

Chargers are playing much better than they were and we are not.
Chargers 27
Broncos 17

Northman
11-16-2009, 05:41 PM
I swear sometimes i think im on a Lions board.

Anyone ever seen the movie "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"? There was a robot in that movie that was chronically depressed and i swear some of the people on here just can never see the light at the end of the tunnel. lmao, it is so pathetic sometimes to read this crap.

topscribe
11-16-2009, 05:43 PM
Dude, eat my shorts. :tsk:

Wow, that's the second pair of shorts that have been offered up recently.

This board is getting crude . . . :D

-----

KCL
11-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Wow, that's the second pair of shorts that have been offered up recently.

This board is getting crude . . . :D

-----

When did you offer yours up? I must have missed it.:shocked:

Nomad
11-16-2009, 05:46 PM

Anyone ever seen the movie "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"? There was a robot in that movie that was chronically depressed and i swear some of the people on here just can never see the light at the end of the tunnel. lmao, it is so pathetic sometimes to read this crap.

Hakuna Matata!! Watched 'Lion King' last night with my little girl!!!:D

Cugel
11-16-2009, 08:32 PM

There IS no wagon! That wagon flew off a cliff, burst into flames and crashed harder than Thelma and Louise's car! :coffee:

It would be nice if the Broncos turned things around against the Chargers. But, if they can't beat a 2-6 team with a coach who is teetering on the edge of being FIRED, and who has his play calling ability taken away by the owner, and with an OL decimated by injuries that is giving up HORDES of sacks, then who CAN they beat?

The Redskins had lost 3 in a row and were WAITING to be had! And the Broncos let them back in the game and then wallowed helplessly as the game slipped away.

Just who do you think this team can beat? Because I'm guessing the Chiefs (maybe twice) and the Oakland Raiders at home. That's 3 more victories for a final record of 9-7 and then home for January for the 4th straight year since 2005 and watching the Chargers in the playoffs on TV.

It won't matter much anyway. There's absolutely ZERO chance that the Broncos could beat either the Patriots, the Steelers or the Colts in the playoffs anyway as you would know if you watched last night's Colts-Pats game. Either of those teams would crush the Broncos right now. :coffee:

In truth the Broncos were on a roll because their defense was playing like the 2000 Ravens through 6 games, not because Kyle Orton and the offense could get out of their own way! (The offense is averaging 18.5 ppg which is 24th in the league)!

Well, it's hard to play defense like that for a full season -- and as soon as the defense started to collapse the offense couldn't fill the gaping void.

These losses are NOT a fluke. They are the natural result of having a BAD offensive team and a mediocre to good defense. (24th in the league is BAD people -- no excuses -- and that is even adding 14 points scored on special teams and a defensive TD by Robert Ayers. The offense is actually WORSE than 24th if you don't count those points!)

Can they turn it around? Sure! If the Defense starts playing like they did before they wore down and starts limiting teams to 10 points or less! Then the Broncos can win every game 17-10 like they beat the Patriots or 12-7 like they beat the Bengals.

Otherwise it's going to be a long season, and Josh McDaniels is going to go from "boy genius" to just "boy" in a hurry. :coffee:

Cugel
11-16-2009, 08:40 PM

What on earth makes you think the Broncos are going to turn it around, other than blind hope?

If they were going to get things going in a positive direction the Redskins game was the one to do it! That team is BAD! They are decimated by injuries, their coach will be fired at season's end if not before that. Their $100 million investment in DT Albert Haynesworth is not looking like such a great investment.

The OL was a sieve. Their QB was beaten like an army mule in every game and sacked at will.

In short, they were desperate and a bad desperate team is just a couple of scores away from disaster. But the Broncos just let them DOMINATE them!

A running attack without Clinton Portis that had done nothing all year gouged them for 174 yards!

Oh, and the special teams gave up 1 TD for the 3rd week in a row. :coffee:

What's not to love? :elefant:

Slick
11-16-2009, 08:43 PM
If I am not working, I will be watching. I haven't given up, but it's hard not to imagine another Phyllis rivers laugh fest on the sideline.

I think we'll play hard because we have too many savvy veterans who will not lie down. It starts with Dawkins. He didn't sign with us just to watch us lay down or go down the toilet.

MasterShake
11-16-2009, 08:59 PM

Hope is for liberals and other NFL fans with bad teams. From what I've read, you are neither of those! We WILL win!:lol:

Cugel
11-16-2009, 09:04 PM

What games have YOU been watching? Right now the defense has given up 80 points in the last 4 games including the Chargers game win.

That's NOT counting the 3 TDs given up by the special teams or 1 OFFENSIVE TDs when Kyle Orton was intercepted and returned for a TD against Pittsburgh.

Twenty points a game is not great. It's 9 points more than the 11 ppg they were averaging during their 6 wins. But it's not terrible either. It would range this defense about 12th-14th over a full season. Better than average, but not great.

So, basically the DEFENSE (as opposed to the offense and special teams) fell off from #1 in the league to about #12 or #13. That's just over 4 games. Over the season, they're still 4th in the NFL overall behind the Colts, Steelers and Patriots -- three pretty good defenses!

It's NOT the defense's fault the team has lost! It's the OFFENSE and SPECIAL TEAMS that have thrown games away with their HORRIBLE play!

You can't expect the defense to play like the 2000 Ravens all year! That's just unrealistic. They don't have the talent on the D-line for that. They have very good DBs, but outside Dumervil they have trouble pressuring the QB. They've been giving up huge yards against the run recently as their defense wears down from the horrible offense leaving them on the field all day.

sanluis
11-16-2009, 09:04 PM

That's crazy talk!! :confused::lol:

Buff
11-16-2009, 09:09 PM
What on earth makes you think the Broncos are going to turn it around, other than blind hope?

If they were going to get things going in a positive direction the Redskins game was the one to do it! That team is BAD! They are decimated by injuries, their coach will be fired at season's end if not before that. Their $100 million investment in DT Albert Haynesworth is not looking like such a great investment.

The OL was a sieve. Their QB was beaten like an army mule in every game and sacked at will.

In short, they were desperate and a bad desperate team is just a couple of scores away from disaster. But the Broncos just let them DOMINATE them!

A running attack without Clinton Portis that had done nothing all year gouged them for 174 yards!

Blind hope? We are 6-3, not 0-3. We've already beaten the Chargers on the road. Our defense gets heat on the QB. We have shown an ability to stop the run (though not in recent weeks).

Last year we had nothing but blind hope. This team has a chance to win every week. I'm not buying into the gloom until we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

Cugel
11-16-2009, 09:19 PM
Blind hope? We are 6-3, not 0-3. We've already beaten the Chargers on the road. Our defense gets heat on the QB. We have shown an ability to stop the run (though not in recent weeks).

Last year we had nothing but blind hope. This team has a chance to win every week. I'm not buying into the gloom until we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

Everybody has a CHANCE to win every week. That's why they play the games.

The Broncos defense could turn it around and limit Phillip Rivers to 18 points or something. And the offense could wake up from the dead and score 21.

But, remember that last game? It took 2 special teams TDs by Eddie Royal to win that game -- and that's when the defense was playing much better than it is now.

Meanwhile the Chargers just beat the Giants in the Meadowlands in a game the Giants players, fans and media were treating as their "must win game" "equivalent to a playoff game." THey were fired up and they STILL lost.

Phillip Rivers is VASTLY better than any QB on the Broncos and their offense is starting to wake up.

Their defense isn't so horrible any more and you can't expect to score two ST TDs every time!

Meanwhile Orton is injured and the offense is playing HORRIBLE for the last 3 weeks after being pretty mediocre the first 6. No points in the second half against the REDSKINS????

How much worse can it get than that?

All the indicators point to a Chargers victory. Is it guaranteed? No, thank God!

I'm going to cross my fingers and hope for the best. But, I wouldn't bet a cent on the Broncos chances this week.

NameUsedBefore
11-16-2009, 09:24 PM
I went with "I'm Miss Jay" for its cute, broken English and also to put a bullseye on my back.

Buff
11-16-2009, 09:31 PM
I went with "I'm Miss Jay" for its cute, broken English and also to put a bullseye on my back.

I didn't know the two of you had made it official.

...ohhh, watch out! Zing! :rimshot:

MOtorboat
11-16-2009, 09:31 PM

:mad:

Iron Horse72
11-16-2009, 09:44 PM
We win if their flight is canceled, other than that we lose by 50.

sneakers
11-17-2009, 12:25 AM
Not going to happen

rcsodak
11-17-2009, 10:48 PM
Well honestly.....who has SD beaten in their little winning splurge?

slim
11-17-2009, 10:54 PM
Everybody has a CHANCE to win every week. That's why they play the games.

The Broncos defense could turn it around and limit Phillip Rivers to 18 points or something. And the offense could wake up from the dead and score 21.

But, remember that last game? It took 2 special teams TDs by Eddie Royal to win that game -- and that's when the defense was playing much better than it is now.

Meanwhile the Chargers just beat the Giants in the Meadowlands in a game the Giants players, fans and media were treating as their "must win game" "equivalent to a playoff game." THey were fired up and they STILL lost.

Phillip Rivers is VASTLY better than any QB on the Broncos and their offense is starting to wake up.

Their defense isn't so horrible any more and you can't expect to score two ST TDs every time!

Meanwhile Orton is injured and the offense is playing HORRIBLE for the last 3 weeks after being pretty mediocre the first 6. No points in the second half against the REDSKINS????

How much worse can it get than that?

All the indicators point to a Chargers victory. Is it guaranteed? No, thank God!

I'm going to cross my fingers and hope for the best. But, I wouldn't bet a cent on the Broncos chances this week.

Cugel, you are the smartest chick I know.

rcsodak
11-17-2009, 10:56 PM
In your poll? you did. :laugh:

rcsodak
11-17-2009, 11:01 PM

You're routine has grown old. Do you just copy/paste these thoughtful posts? :coffee:

rcsodak
11-17-2009, 11:04 PM

-----
She USED to, top.

I happen to have it on record where she is actually a Bronco fan.

And she knows better than to deny it. :elefant:

rcsodak
11-17-2009, 11:06 PM
Will they look as stupid as the people who assumed we were going to roll over the Redskins? Perhaps those people should be "kicked off" the "bandwagon" too.

Evidently, dream, you miss the meaning of "bandwagon". :tsk:

And you thought denver would lose to them?

KCL
11-17-2009, 11:19 PM
She USED to, top.

I happen to have it on record where she is actually a Bronco fan.

And she knows better than to deny it. :elefant:

What the ????

I don't think so buddy....:coffee:

:lol:-----------> laughing cause your post is ridiculous...me a
Broncos fan...:mad:

:puke:

rcsodak
11-17-2009, 11:26 PM

Firstly, cug, it's easier to be a naysayer than a believer. It'd be nice, for a change, if you'd take the more difficult road and actually come up with positive feedback.

The Oline of Washington was the 5th alignment they've tried, and who's to say it wasn't finally the right one? In other words, instead of ripping D's Dline, how about maybe giving the Wash' Oline some credit? And Betts has always been a force to reckon with. Some think he's better than Poorti$$. I wouldn't disagree after seeing him run.

And like you said, Washington is a "desperate team", meaning they were playing for pride, and without regard. That usually spells doom to a team, if they have some bad luck on their side. ie QB going down

rcsodak
11-17-2009, 11:32 PM
What the ????

I don't think so buddy....:coffee:

:lol:-----------> laughing cause your post is ridiculous...me a
Broncos fan...:mad:

:puke:

kc, kc, kc.......

.....I know I promised I wouldn't use your 'text msg' against you.....

...but, alas....I DID have my fingers crossed.

Are you sure you want to deny it?

Reidman
11-17-2009, 11:45 PM
Lets face it, we've lost some 'magic' that we started the season with and helped us go 6-0. The dolts are our demise. I am preparing for heart break but I don't think it will be a lopsided victory by whoever wins. Whoever protects and has the ball last in this game wins it...

Reidman
11-17-2009, 11:51 PM
Well honestly.....who has SD beaten in their little winning splurge?

In their last 2 they've beaten the Giants and Philly...not exactly sleeping dogs..

KCL
11-17-2009, 11:55 PM
In their last 2 they've beaten the Giants and Philly...not exactly sleeping dogs..

Philly must have been sleeping though when they played Oakland...:lol:

Reidman
11-18-2009, 12:10 AM
Philly must have been sleeping though when they played Oakland...:lol:

Did they even show up to the game...I don't recall...:D

rcsodak
11-18-2009, 12:35 AM

You mean the NYG who are on a worse streak than Denver?
And the same Philly team the lowly faiduhs beat?

I'd say NEITHER win was that impressive, Reidman, and that was my point! SD caught them BOTH at opportune times....which is ALSO luck. But of course, some people on the board don't think luck plays any part. :rolleyes:

oobehr
11-18-2009, 12:41 AM
Luck doesn't exist, it is just the rounding off of all the variables that go into the equation of a certain outcome. The broncos will win this game because they are a great football team playing a good football team. They will do whatever they need to because that is just what it has come to.

Shazam!
11-18-2009, 01:41 AM

You obviously did not watch the game. NY gave SD the game on a silver platter. SD wasn't exactly this dominant force, they looked like ass. They're not the AFC's golden child as ESPN jerkoffs love to portray them as year after year.

Let's hope it's a cold day and the fans chip in.

Am I predicting a Denver win? It's ridiculous of me to do that, seeing how the Broncos have been the last 3 weeks. But if Orton finishes last week, the chances are Denver could've won that game.

Orton must be able to play effectively if the Broncos are to have a chance and they can't have him running. If Simms goes they're doomed. I'd rather see Brandstater. Sure he's a rookie, but I have zero trust in Simms, at least show the home fans what potential the kid has.

We beat SD already and know what to expect.

Another logic is SD has won 3 straight and are due for a loss, and Denver lost 3 straight and are due for a win. Odds are good Denver can win this game, especially at home. If this team has any sort of character, they'll pull it out and come out determined.

This is a must win. If they lose, they'll be reduced to possible Wild Card contenders and will need help to get in the rest of the way. That won't bode well to their finish with a few tough games. Going 8-8 or less after a 6-0 start would be a colossal failure and an epic collapse.

Dortoh
11-18-2009, 10:26 AM
This thread is full of win

KCL
11-18-2009, 11:02 AM
This thread is full of win

A Chargers win?

Dortoh
11-18-2009, 11:04 AM
A Chargers win?

That remains to be seen but what we do know is that 20% of the BroncoForums members eat crayons :laugh:

KCL
11-18-2009, 11:05 AM
That remains to be seen but what we do know is that 20% of the BroncoForums members eat crayons :laugh:

Not me....:lol:

NorthernLights
11-18-2009, 11:10 AM
You obviously did not watch the game. NY gave SD the game on a silver platter.

Another logic is SD has won 3 straight and are due for a loss, and Denver lost 3 straight and are due for a win.

It wasn't a silver platter, more like pewter. And the Bolts have won 4 in a row, not 3 so they're due even more, by that line of thinking.

Dortoh
11-18-2009, 11:13 AM
It wasn't a silver platter, more like pewter. And the Bolts have won 4 in a row, not 3 so they're due even more, by that line of thinking.

I could not disagree more with his line of thinking FWIW

I'm a huge believer in momentum in football. This game is much harder for Denver trying to get momentum back on their side compared to the Chargers rolling with the flow.

I still think in all honesty Denver finds a way to win this one at home. If we were on the road I'd be scared to death of this game simply based on the momentum factor.

NorthernLights
11-18-2009, 11:22 AM

I'm a huge believer in momentum in football. This game is much harder for Denver trying to get momentum back on their side compared to the Chargers rolling with the flow.

I still think in all honesty Denver finds a way to win this one at home. If we were on the road I'd be scared to death of this game simply based on the momentum factor.

I agree with momentum going in, but it can also switch right in the middle of a game by even one big play. In the first game, Eddie runs back 2 kicks for TD's and that was the winning margin. All I know is I'm looking forward to a great game on Sunday.

Ravage!!!
11-18-2009, 11:48 AM

Reds my favorite

CoachChaz
11-18-2009, 12:36 PM
I expect to be embarrassed. Call it momentum...call it a gut feeling...call it deja vu. Whatever.

Lonestar
11-18-2009, 02:16 PM
I expect to be embarrassed. Call it momentum...call it a gut feeling...call it deja vu. Whatever.

yep it will either be an epic battle or a beat down..

they are pissed about being beat at home and like the Houckli game last year they are looking for blood..

unless KO plays lights out with everyone else and the ST get s into high gear and does not allow a run back then berger is going to kill us in losing field position on each punt..

honz
11-18-2009, 02:39 PM
I'm miss Jay!

rcsodak
11-18-2009, 03:10 PM
Another logic is SD has won 3 straight and are due for a loss, and Denver lost 3 straight and are due for a win. Odds are good Denver can win this game, especially at home. If this team has any sort of character, they'll pull it out and come out determined.

SD has won 4 in a row, shaz...otherwise, I agree.

It's now or ....*gulp*.....never.

Superchop 7
11-18-2009, 06:48 PM
San Diego 41

Broncos 14

Iron Horse72
11-18-2009, 09:16 PM
I've been listening to Charger radio this week, their saying if they get up early were dead.

We don't have the weapons to keep up, that is horse shit.

Nomad
11-18-2009, 09:30 PM

I'll be watching the game to find out!! This will be the BRONCOS defining game!!

horsepig
11-18-2009, 10:22 PM
You all can me a band wagon jumper, but I aint jumping back on until I see us win at least a few LOS battles on both sides of the ball.

PS: I still want to see Hillis used, at least ahead of Jordan.

Dean
11-19-2009, 07:30 AM
I've been listening to Charger radio this week, their saying if they get up early were dead.

We don't have the weapons to keep up, that is horse shit.

If we have the weapons, where have they been? The Chargers score 26.3 points per game. The Broncos score 18.6. That is a significant disparity.

Nomad
11-19-2009, 07:33 AM
I sure hope the ones who are complaining about position play is trying to find way to tell your opinion to Dove Valley through players, beat writers or something besides here! I could care less if you're not going to watch or jumping off bandwagons etc. Yes, I have emailed a couple writers about my questioning the leadership and the BRONCOS will to win and I don't know of any email to Dove Valley or players!!! I know it may not do any good but you never know who will listen! Good leadership doesn't allow 4th quarter beatdowns no matter how exhausted the players are!! Redskins game was a perfect example. Say what you will but both sides of the ball have given up which tells me the guys leading the way are allowing this!!

claymore
11-19-2009, 07:41 AM
Orton, Marshall miss Wednesday's practice
Posted by Mike Florio on November 19, 2009 7:23 AM ET
On Sunday, the Chargers and the Broncos get together again.

Since their last meeting, the Chargers haven't lost a game -- and the Broncos haven't won one.

As the two teams prepare for the second half of their home-and-home series, two key members of the Denver offense missed practice on Wednesday.

Quarterback Kyle Orton's left ankle injury, suffered in Week Ten against the Redskins, kept him from playing on Sunday. Ditto for receiver Brandon Marshall, who has a neck injury.

It's unknown whether either will play this weekend.

"I came back last year as soon as I could and I'll do the same thing this year," Orton said per the AP on Wednesday, who sprained his right ankle in November 2008.

The Broncos surely are hoping that's the case, given the manner in which Chris Simms played in relief of Orton.

Also missing practice Wednesday for the Broncos were safety Josh Barrett (hamstring), tackle Ryan Harris (toe), running back LaMont Jordan (back), and running back Correll Buckhalter (knee).

Regardless of the QB, if Marshall is out we lose.

Dirk
11-19-2009, 08:28 AM

Not necessarily. Eddie, Gaff and Stokes will pick up the play. :listen:

slim
11-19-2009, 08:41 AM

If Simms plays the WR are really kind of irrelevant

Iron Horse72
11-19-2009, 10:01 AM
If we have the weapons, where have they been? The Chargers score 26.3 points per game. The Broncos score 18.6. That is a significant disparity.

If Orton didn't go down in the Washington game we would have scored more points IMO.

Teams have figured us out and how to defend Orton.

Our running game blocking will be huge this week.

I hope we get pressure on Rivers like the last game.

Traveler
11-19-2009, 10:10 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The ligaments in Kyle Orton's left ankle are torn. He certainly isn't.

Orton adamantly wants to start Sunday against San Diego and help the Denver Broncos snap out of a monthlong funk that has wiped out their 3½-game cushion over the Chargers in the AFC West.

Plus, how can he convince the front office that he should be in the team's long-term plans if he's standing on the sideline sending in signals instead of running Josh McDaniels' offense?

Orton, in the final year of a contract that pays him a relatively paltry $1 million, has played through enough leg injuries to know it's not wise to rush back into action before he's healthy.

He just wasn't the same quarterback in Chicago after spraining his other ankle midway through last season. His interceptions piled up, his passer ratings plummeted and he never rediscovered the touch he had early in the season after he was carted off the field with a sprained ankle against Detroit on Nov. 2.

Eventually, the Bears soured on Orton and sent him and a bevy of draft picks to Denver for Jay Cutler.

Still, his defiance was palpable Wednesday before he sat out practice.

"I came back last year as soon as I could and I'll do the same thing this year," Orton said.

He acknowledged, however, that he rushed back into action last season after sitting out one game. He suffered through a 37-3 loss at Green Bay upon his hasty return, commencing a spiral that ended his tenure in Chicago.

"I wasn't even close for the Green Bay game," Orton admitted. "That's just how it is. I don't know if anybody is feeling 100 percent right now on our team. It's been a physical season and I'm no different."

So, his mindset is he's the starter unless and until McDaniels decides by week's end that backup Chris Simms is.

"I'll come back as fast as I can and try to lead the football team and try to be in the huddle just like everybody else," Orton said. "In this sport you've got to play when you are dinged up and the quarterback is no different."

Besides, Orton said, this injury isn't anything like the one he had a year ago with the Bears.

"A different foot and a different deal. So, it's different," he insisted. "It's not the same foot or the same type of thing. I played with leg injuries in the past. I hope I can do it this time.

"You know, last year was so tough because it was pushing off and that was my back leg, so that was tough. This will present a different challenge, I'm sure, but we'll see if I can play through it."

The Broncos, trying to avoid becoming just the third team in the Super Bowl era to miss the playoffs after winning its first six games, will either send out a quarterback with a puffy ankle to face an improved Chargers pass-rush or one who hasn't started a game since 2006.

Simms, a left-hander, unlike Orton, took the snaps with the starters at practice Wednesday.

Simms is the quarterback best known for having his spleen removed after taking a beating in a loss to Carolina on Sept. 24, 2006, while he was playing for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

He hasn't started a game since that day, although he did start the second half at Washington last week after Orton was hurt on the Broncos' final play from scrimmage before halftime.

Simms was rusty, completing just three passes for 13 yards in 13 attempts in his first extended action since undergoing emergency surgery to remove his spleen three years ago.

"I'm sure that if you look at career statistics of guys coming in the middle of the game as the backup quarterback, I'm sure they're not through the roof," Simms said.

Some snaps with the starters will get his rhythm back, suggested Simms, who has started 16 games in six seasons.

"A few reps will definitely help things out," he said.

Against the Redskins, Simms either fired passes over the heads of his flustered wide receivers Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal and Jabar Gaffney or bounced balls at their feet.

"I think the biggest thing is getting my eyes right and really just getting timing and rhythm down with the guys," Simms said. "I will get as greased up as I can, and if Kyle is ready to go then it will be all for naught."

Marshall also missed practice Wednesday. The team said he had a neck injury.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4668245

Uh oh! It's gonna be ugly this Sunday.

Dortoh
11-19-2009, 10:12 AM
Chris Simms with save us.

Iron Horse72
11-19-2009, 10:16 AM
Then we better start praying.

claymore
11-19-2009, 10:22 AM
Get ready for an aerial show if Simms leads us on Sunday.

pnbronco
11-19-2009, 11:46 AM
All I know right now is that 20% of the fans voted like to eat crayons and that Dort is the kid that threw rocks a hornets nests.

I have no idea how the team will play on Sunday. If it were in SD I would be scared. I would like to think that there will be a strong presence of Bronco fans on Sunday. That we (players and fans) bring our A game to the field. I will yell my head off and stomp for all it's worth.

I was raised to believe that you could always count on family. That has been true for most of my life, no matter how poor we were or how tough things were there was always a meal, hug and support available from my family. So I have included my Bronco "family" in this believe.

Back when the Broncos lost to WA and SF in the Super Bowl, there was a lot more interaction between players and fans. It was easier to express my support and thank them than today, but I still believe in supporting them to the best of my ability.

Before the season started there was not one expert that picked Denver win the Division or make the playoffs. The reason was the they believed that SD had more talent than the Broncos and everything was new for Denver. I have never changed my expectations of this team, 6-10. I was super, duper happy with the wins but I didn't change my expectations of where it would all end up. So on Sunday I will dress up in my Bronco gear, I will go to the game, I will yell and scream through the entire game and continue to support this team.

Dortoh
11-19-2009, 12:05 PM
All I know right now is that 20% of the fans voted like to eat crayons and that Dort is the kid that threw rocks a hornets nests.

I have no idea how the team will play on Sunday. If it were in SD I would be scared. I would like to think that there will be a strong presence of Bronco fans on Sunday. That we (players and fans) bring our A game to the field. I will yell my head off and stomp for all it's worth.

I was raised to believe that you could always count on family. That has been true for most of my life, no matter how poor we were or how tough things were there was always a meal, hug and support available from my family. So I have included my Bronco "family" in this believe.

Back when the Broncos lost to WA and SF in the Super Bowl, there was a lot more interaction between players and fans. It was easier to express my support and thank them than today, but I still believe in supporting them to the best of my ability.

Before the season started there was not one expert that picked Denver win the Division or make the playoffs. The reason was the they believed that SD had more talent than the Broncos and everything was new for Denver. I have never changed my expectations of this team, 6-10. I was super, duper happy with the wins but I didn't change my expectations of where it would all end up. So on Sunday I will dress up in my Bronco gear, I will go to the game, I will yell and scream through the entire game and continue to support this team.

FWIW I'm scared to death of bees. I run from them screaming like a school girl. :shocked:

claymore
11-19-2009, 01:20 PM

I will continue to get pissed at any loss. I expect to win every game. If we go 6-10 we have taken a step back IMO. I hope to heck thats not what happens. 9-7 is the minimum standard IMO.

pnbronco
11-19-2009, 01:26 PM
I will continue to get pissed at any loss. I expect to win every game. If we go 6-10 we have taken a step back IMO. I hope to heck thats not what happens. 9-7 is the minimum standard IMO.

I know Clay, it's just we look at things different and always will, that's cool.

In my world I get to hug players and that always makes my week.....;)

claymore
11-19-2009, 01:28 PM
I know Clay, it's just we look at things different and always will, that's cool.

In my world I get to hug players and that always makes my week.....;)

I think you are the nicest person on the Internet.

KCL
11-19-2009, 01:40 PM
I think you are the nicest person on the Internet.

:coffee:

:lol:

claymore
11-19-2009, 01:44 PM
Can we turn the :hug: smiley into :pnbronco:

TIA,
Claymore.

pnbronco
11-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Can we turn the :hug: smiley into :pnbronco:

TIA,
Claymore.

NOOOO too much pressure. I do get pissed too, I just hide it better....:behindsofa:

claymore
11-19-2009, 01:52 PM
NOOOO too much pressure. I do get pissed too, I just hide it better....:behindsofa:

I wear my feelings on my sleeve.

claymore
11-19-2009, 01:54 PM
KCL is nice to.

KCL
11-19-2009, 01:55 PM
KCL is nice to.

:tsk:

and it's too...not to...:coffee:

rcsodak
11-19-2009, 03:44 PM
:tsk:

and it's too...not to...:coffee:

Depends on what he was referring TO :elefant:

KCL
11-19-2009, 03:47 PM
Depends on what he was referring TO :elefant:

It was nothing...trust me...:D

EMB6903
11-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Denver loses 3 games and its the end of the world.... gotta love Broncos fans.

I expect a win against San Diego at home this week.

sacmar
11-20-2009, 06:35 PM
I don't know how .... But we'll win this game.

BigDaddyBronco
11-20-2009, 06:38 PM
I wear my feelings on my sleeve.
Really?

Dortoh
11-20-2009, 06:39 PM

Do you believe in the Goldenrod Sacmar?

pnbronco
11-20-2009, 08:02 PM

You know Sac I have the same feeling. I think we pull it off. I really, really hope my gut is right.