PDA

View Full Version : 6-3 Teams at this point

Dirk
11-16-2009, 07:31 AM
Ok, I know we haven't looked all that good in the past 3 games. IF Orton comes back...and unfortunately ONLY IF Orton comes back, we still are in good shape. Here are the 6-3 teams...not bad company, so chill out for now.

Denver 6-3
San Diego 6-3
New England 6-3
Dallas 6-3
Pittsburgh 6-3
Arizona 6-3

That's some pretty good company. Just a little perspective for the "sky is falling" crew.

I'm not saying that we are as good as all those teams, but we beat 3 of them. :listen:

I don't give up until the fat lady sings!! :coffee:

Lonestar
11-16-2009, 09:34 AM
Some folks are not very realistic.

They expected the moon after a total overhaul with the only real holdovers being the oline, TE's, FB and WR's.

And considering a total scheme change as well as an almost total coaching change with all of them having to learn a new play book.

What did Y'all expect?

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

broncohead
11-16-2009, 10:11 AM
We have played 4 of those teams and only lost once. I say thats pretty good.

SOCALORADO.
11-16-2009, 10:15 AM
We have played 4 of those teams and only lost once. I say thats pretty good.

Noticed this as well. DEN beats ARI with a healthy Orton.
Its not bad, as long as Orton comes back totally healthy.
Or Brandstater pulls a "Brady".......It could happen!!!

camdisco24
11-16-2009, 10:24 AM
Noticed this as well. DEN beats WASH with a healthy Orton.

Fixed it for you!

As for the topic, I agree, we are in good company. This is not the end of the world. In fact, I think this will be a huge wake up call for the team and coaches. McD better get the guys fired up this week. We cannot lose 4 in a row! Lets get fired up for Sandy Eggo!!!
:salute:

Shazam!
11-16-2009, 10:33 AM
I personally would be happy if Denver finished 9-7. I said this before the season started and that is totally realistic at this point. We have come back down to earth after a 6-0 start, but who wouldn't be looking at mentality of the 'the sky is the limit' after a start like that? Denver can still be a playoff contender. If 2 teams go into January from the AFC West, Denver will be one of them. Hard to ask for more with all the changes.

Go :defense:

claymore
11-16-2009, 10:33 AM
Fixed it for you!

As for the topic, I agree, we are in good company. This is not the end of the world. In fact, I think this will be a huge wake up call for the team and coaches. McD better get the guys fired up this week. We cannot lose 4 in a row! Lets get fired up for Sandy Eggo!!!
:salute:

If they were'nt awake after the spanking the Ravens and Steelers gave us, They will never be awake.

camdisco24
11-16-2009, 10:38 AM
If they were'nt awake after the spanking the Ravens and Steelers gave us, They will never be awake.

Losing to teams like that is tough, but they are like getting pinched. After all, they are elite teams. But losing to a team such as the Deadskins is like getting clotheslined and then cleated in the face.

Dirk
11-16-2009, 10:49 AM
Losing to teams like that is tough, but they are like getting pinched. After all, they are elite teams. But losing to a team such as the Deadskins is like getting clotheslined and then cleated in the face.

I give them the benefit of the doubt (although a loss is a loss). With Orton in the 2nd half, I would think the outcome would have been different. But again...no way of knowing. So, I don't think the loss to Washington is such a gruesome one.

titan
11-16-2009, 12:04 PM
I think Simms plays alot better this week getting 1st team reps in practice (if indeed Orton is out). Also this gives McDaniels more time to gameplan to Simms' strengths. Simms looked decent in preseason (remember the long td pass to McKinley?). Yes the Broncos are better with Orton as the starter but Simms isn't the disaster he looked like yesterday.

I'm more concerned with how the offensive and defensive lines are being dominated. On defense Washington was pounding it on the ground in the 4th quarter and the Broncos couldn't stop it. There's only so much you can do with schemes (and Mike Nolan has been a master at that). The way the Redskins were running in the 4th quarter reminded me of last year's defense.

Overall I said an 8-8 season would be successful given all the changes. Still think the Broncos will finish 9-7 or 10-6.

JONtheBRONCO
11-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Broncos go 10-6.

Chargers
Giants
Chiefs
Colts
Oakland
Eagles
Chiefs

Come on, now have some faith! Lets just pray for Orton!

Medford Bronco
11-16-2009, 12:16 PM

Time to go be a Bears fan then.

They are so awake at 4-5 with fraud Cutler at QB:coffee:

SR
11-16-2009, 12:32 PM
My main concern is not that we lost three in a row. My main concern is that San Diego looks good and are 6-3 as well.

Dirk
11-16-2009, 12:35 PM
I think Simms plays alot better this week getting 1st team reps in practice (if indeed Orton is out). Also this gives McDaniels more time to gameplan to Simms' strengths. Simms looked decent in preseason (remember the long td pass to McKinley?). Yes the Broncos are better with Orton as the starter but Simms isn't the disaster he looked like yesterday.

I'm more concerned with how the offensive and defensive lines are being dominated. On defense Washington was pounding it on the ground in the 4th quarter and the Broncos couldn't stop it. There's only so much you can do with schemes (and Mike Nolan has been a master at that). The way the Redskins were running in the 4th quarter reminded me of last year's defense.

Overall I said an 8-8 season would be successful given all the changes. Still think the Broncos will finish 9-7 or 10-6.

The defense being on the field as long as they were in the 3rd and 4th quarter is what killed them IMO. If Simms could have sustained a drive the defense would have played a lot better. Coulda, shoulda, woulda though...

SOCALORADO.
11-16-2009, 01:11 PM

They are so awake at 4-5 with fraud Pickler at QB:coffee:

Fixed.:D

broncofaninfla
11-16-2009, 01:41 PM
For the first 6 games we improved with each game. Since the bye week we seem to be getting worse. Not a good trend. We were outcoached and outplayed by a bad football team this past weekend and now face our biggest enemy within our division and arguably one of the hottest teams in the NFL right now. We need to drastically improve to pull this one out.

red98
11-16-2009, 02:02 PM
For the first 6 games we improved with each game. Since the bye week we seem to be getting worse. Not a good trend. We were outcoached and outplayed by a bad football team this past weekend and now face our biggest enemy within our division and arguably one of the hottest teams in the NFL right now. We need to drastically improve to pull this one out.

I don't know. We got the deep pass attempts we all called for. We ran the ball better. Scored early (first opening drive td).

All until KO went out.

If KO plays next week we'll have no problem moving the ball. I am worried a bit by our rush D these past few games though. Must play better there next week if we want a win.

MasterShake
11-16-2009, 02:09 PM
My main concern is not that we lost three in a row. My main concern is that San Diego looks good and are 6-3 as well.

Yeah, that sucks. However, just as in a game momentum can shift so can it during a season. We beat San Diego at home when they NEEDED it (on a Monday night, no less) and I think we can beat them at home when WE need it!:salute:

If we do that, I don't see any reason not to beat the Giants on a short week and roll out some quality wins as we march to the post season.

On the other hand, if we lose to San Diego our best shot is a wild card or another long offseason on the outside looking in. Biggest game of the season this Sunday. And we owe them for what they did last year. I hope it does not happen again. I am getting tickets and I am going to be loud. Cancel all my appointments...

Lonestar
11-16-2009, 05:22 PM
wonder if the real fans are going to show up this week or if BOTH of the charger fans will out root them..

once we get rid of the fair weather fans and get back to the base we had at Mile high.. then perhaps they will back there team instead of selling their tickets to then highest bidder..

Northman
11-16-2009, 05:23 PM
Some folks are not very realistic.

They expected the moon after a total overhaul with the only real holdovers being the oline, TE's, FB and WR's.

And considering a total scheme change as well as an almost total coaching change with all of them having to learn a new play book.

What did Y'all expect?

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

I know its still a work in progress but this last loss really hurt us. I do think if Orton was still in we would of won but my god why wasnt Spleen boy prepared. :tsk:

GEM
11-16-2009, 05:29 PM

:yardog: Clay, are the Ravens and the Steelers pee wee teams? Give them some credit.

They run the same defense that has ALWAYS given the Broncos fits...even when Cutler was here and all the way back through the last decade. Smashmouth football is not our style and it's not a style we play well against, never have.

Don't discount those teams like they should have been easy wins.

Lonestar
11-16-2009, 05:44 PM
I know its still a work in progress but this last loss really hurt us. I do think if Orton was still in we would of won but my god why wasnt Spleen boy prepared. :tsk:

yes all the losses hurt but then the vast majority of us did not expect us to win 6 games this year..

perhaps SB was prepared and just flat choked.. we will see this weekend

Lonestar
11-16-2009, 05:48 PM
:yardog: Clay, are the Ravens and the Steelers pee wee teams? Give them some credit.

They run the same defense that has ALWAYS given the Broncos fits...even when Cutler was here and all the way back through the last decade. Smashmouth football is not our style and it's not a style we play well against, never have.

Don't discount those teams like they should have been easy wins.

hell we have always had issues playing those teams if we won they were hard fought wins and lots of times we got our butts kicked going back a long time with PIT..

Josh said he wanted to change how we play (see my SIG) and was given a free reign on how to do it.. hell he put 31 NEW players on this team this year. changed EVERYTHING including his carpet in his office (just guessing).. fans need to realize it might take another year for it all to fit to together..

BoltsOwnU
11-16-2009, 06:43 PM
wonder if the real fans are going to show up this week or if BOTH of the charger fans will out root them..

once we get rid of the fair weather fans and get back to the base we had at Mile high.. then perhaps they will back there team instead of selling their tickets to then highest bidder..

Well, as I have for the last three seasons, I'll be there at the game. Should be a good one too although I'm going to be mighty disappointed if it's Hochuli's crew. . .:tsk:

nevcraw
11-16-2009, 08:17 PM
Broncos need to get healthy in a hurry not just KO. McBean and harris need to get on the field this week..
Back is agianst the wall but I liked what McD was saying today.. they will be prepared even if Simms starts. I expect him to play better.

smith49
11-16-2009, 08:30 PM
hell we have always had issues playing those teams if we won they were hard fought wins and lots of times we got our butts kicked going back a long time with PIT..

Josh said he wanted to change how we play (see my SIG) and was given a free reign on how to do it.. hell he put 31 NEW players on this team this year. changed EVERYTHING including his carpet in his office (just guessing).. fans need to realize it might take another year for it all to fit to together..

true, and it will also take about a year for brandstater to learn how to really play in the nfl. that is if he starts getting some work now. i really think he is going to be a stud.

im not saying put him in instead of orton. i just think that we can and will only go so far with orton. sims is no good, never thought he was, but i would love to see branstater get in there and start his development if orton is out.

sanluis
11-16-2009, 09:40 PM
Ok, I know we haven't looked all that good in the past 3 games. IF Orton comes back...and unfortunately ONLY IF Orton comes back, we still are in good shape. Here are the 6-3 teams...not bad company, so chill out for now.

Denver 6-3
San Diego 6-3
New England 6-3
Dallas 6-3
Pittsburgh 6-3
Arizona 6-3

That's some pretty good company. Just a little perspective for the "sky is falling" crew.

I'm not saying that we are as good as all those teams, but we beat 3 of them. :listen:

I don't give up until the fat lady sings!! :coffee:

Not smack just saying none of those teams have lost the last three in a row except Denver.

Why??

Injuries, I know most people don't want to hear that but it is the truth. Denver's O-line and D-line are getting banged up. And you guys are not deep enough yet to carry on at the level when everyone was healthy. The first six games you had no one on your injury report!! Now the list is getting long.

My Chargers had 8 guys get injured in the first game and two of our best linemen Hardwick and Jamal Williams are still out after that blood bath!! So we didn't play very well early. Now our depth is stepping up and others are healthy and we are playing like everyone thought we would.

Injuries are killing you guys right now.

claymore
11-17-2009, 09:15 AM

They are so awake at 4-5 with fraud Cutler at QB:coffee:

Go root for them yourself. You seem content with losing.