PDA

View Full Version : Is Brandstater in the Bullpen yet?

WARHORSE
11-15-2009, 10:54 PM
Ok, I dont wanna seem like Im being too much of a pessimist but...........can anyone honestly say that they think Simms was prepared to play?

He did not have a clue in my eyes, and that goes 60% on him, and 40% on the coaches.

A deer in the headlights look.

Sure as heck made me love Orton a whole lot.

Get Brandstater in there now at number two, at least he gets reps AND we can at least UNDERSTAND why he looks like a deer in the headlights.:tsk:

With that said, Ive got to say that this team isnt at this point very mentally tough.

Theres some work to do. So lets go Broncos!

Lonestar
11-15-2009, 11:00 PM
of course there is a lot of work to do..

IN NO presser have you heard Josh said "it is finished"..

always says yes we are 4-0, 5-0, 6-0, 6-1, 6-2, 6-3, but we have alot to do..

Orton has always said we made a lot of mistakes and have alot to do..

I have yet to hear anyone on the team get cocky and say we are there..

a complete overhaul is what happened to this team and it is not going to get fixed in one season.. it took 5-6 years to get to this point.. so figure it out folks it will take some time for everyone to "get it" and to get enough players into the scheme to make it all work..

dunk7
11-15-2009, 11:04 PM
I admit, I wanted to see a change at QB and was thoroughly disappointed as to how unprepared Simms looked. Was McD completely focuded on Orton?

I'm with you, Warhorse...focus on Tom Brandy unless Simms is a quick study.

shank
11-15-2009, 11:45 PM
co-signed.

i'd rather see a late-round rookie play like a late-round rookie than watch a 7 year vet play like an 8 year old ethiopian girl who's never heard of football.

Overtime
11-16-2009, 12:31 AM
Chris Simms and Mitch Booger should be cut tomorrow.

2 worst players on this team.

Iron Horse72
11-16-2009, 12:34 AM
We give Garcia a call before we throw him out there, but Jeff isn't really a good pocket passer.

We need someone who can throw it down field and Brandstater has shown that even if it was only during pre season.

Shazam!
11-16-2009, 02:04 AM
If anything Brandstater sees that he has an opportunity to move up the depth chart here and shine in practice, it's obvious to all involved Simms was ass.

WARHORSE
11-16-2009, 04:42 AM
BTW, Im not blaming the loss on Simms.

But I am blaming him for looking like a dusty cat turd.

Brandstater should get reps this week at a minimum.

All there is to it. :coffee:

ursamajor
11-16-2009, 04:57 AM
Ok, I dont wanna seem like Im being too much of a pessimist but...........can anyone honestly say that they think Simms was prepared to play?

He did not have a clue in my eyes, and that goes 60% on him, and 40% on the coaches.

A deer in the headlights look.

Sure as heck made me love Orton a whole lot.

Get Brandstater in there now at number two, at least he gets reps AND we can at least UNDERSTAND why he looks like a deer in the headlights.:tsk:

With that said, Ive got to say that this team isnt at this point very mentally tough.

Theres some work to do. So lets go Broncos!

How many snaps did Simms get in practice with the first team?

Dirk
11-16-2009, 07:06 AM
I would love to see Brandstater out there with the first team. Just to see what he is capable of. He has a strong arm. McD must have seen something in him. Didn't he trade up to get him? The draft seems so far gone now..I can't recall. haha

Traveler
11-16-2009, 09:04 AM
Oh, whoa is me!:rolleyes:

Mike
11-16-2009, 09:27 AM
How many snaps did Simms get in practice with the first team?

So? The guy gets paid to do one thing...be ready in case of an injury. I understand the argument up to a point. But not being able to toss a simple screen or a pass into the flats to the RB? Unacceptable.

SOCALORADO.
11-16-2009, 09:52 AM
So? The guy gets paid to do one thing...be ready in case of an injury. I understand the argument up to a point. But not being able to toss a simple screen or a pass into the flats to the RB? Unacceptable.

Agreed.
DEN might as well ran the "WildHorses" for the rest of the 2nd half and done much better.
At one point i was waiting for it to show up. That or Brandstater.
If Orton cant go, let Brandstater have a shot, it cant possibly be any worse.
If anything, he opens up the intermidiate passes, and running game cause he has a big arm. Let him air it out, and see what happens.

claymore
11-16-2009, 09:55 AM
We win and lose as a team. Give Simms a chance. Simms has led a team to the playoffs. Lets not forget that.

Dirk
11-16-2009, 10:14 AM
We win and lose as a team. Give Simms a chance. Simms has led a team to the playoffs. Lets not forget that.

I will give you that he had a 6-4 record after Griese got him a 5-1 start. Just to put it into the proper light. So it is possible for him to win a game or two while Orton heals.

claymore
11-16-2009, 10:16 AM
I will give you that he had a 6-4 record after Griese got him a 5-1 start. Just to put it into the proper light. So it is possible for him to win a game or two while Orton heals.

Thats the spirit!

Chris90210
11-16-2009, 10:20 AM
I'd like to see brandstater start. We are going to loose. So instead of giving the vet the job lets put in the rookie and see what he can do.

broncophan
11-16-2009, 10:23 AM
I'll put my trust in McD to make the best decision for the team to have the best chance to win...............

Lonestar
11-16-2009, 10:24 AM
Clay we all know you HATE the albino.

What you are doing is nothing but LIP service.

Please stop.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

Shazam!
11-16-2009, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by claymore
We win and lose as a team. Give Simms a chance. Simms has led a team to the playoffs. Lets not forget that

You kill Orton constantly, yet now you are somehow seemingly devoted to Simms after that debacle? Laughable.

claymore
11-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Clay we all know you HATE the albino.

What you are doing is nothing but LIP service.

Please stop.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel
Since when cant we support our players?

You kill Orton constantly, yet now you are somehow seemingly devoted to Simms after that debacle? Laughable.When Have I ever said Kill Orton? Ive said he is a mediocre QB, and I hope he stays in a backup capacity.

Shazam!
11-16-2009, 11:44 AM
When Have I ever said Kill Orton? Ive said he is a mediocre QB, and I hope he stays in a backup capacity.

By saying you hope he stays in a 'backup capacity' you are essentially saying you want Simms as the Starter. What would make you think that Simms can play at a higher level? The only QB I'd rather see is Brandstater. Only to see what he has and if he is an answer in the future. Simms has shown nothing.

claymore
11-16-2009, 11:51 AM
By saying you hope he stays in a 'backup capacity' you are essentially saying you want Simms as the Starter. What would make you think that Simms can play at a higher level? The only QB I'd rather see is Brandstater. Only to see what he has and if he is an answer in the future. Simms has shown nothing.
By "stays" in a backup capacity I meant contractualy. He becomes a RFA next year. I want him to stay, but not as the starter.

IMO Simms makes Way to much cash to be here next year.

Poor wording on my part.

Ravage!!!
11-16-2009, 11:52 AM

Actually.. he means he feels Orton is a back-up quality QB. He doesn't mean he feels he should back-up Simms.

As far as starting Brandstater... I don't think that makes any sense at this point. I think Simms gives us the best chance to win, right now, this year, over a rookie. Now, I don't know that. In fact, we may find that during the practices this week, that the coaches are now going to split time with both QBs with the first units. I know that Simms hasn't gotten much time with the team during practices as is now.

But simply saying "we are going to lose anyway, lets see what Brandstater can do" (someone above said that)....is a loser's perspective. Its already giving up, and then basically looking for a way to excuse that loss.

Lets be honest.. our defense better step up no matter who's starting at QB... so lets put the QB in there that gives the best chance. Putting a rookie in there simply because you 'dont' want Simms isn't the best way to make a personnel decision.

Shazam!
11-16-2009, 11:52 AM
By "stays" in a backup capacity I meant contractualy. He becomes a RFA next year. I want him to stay, but not as the starter.

IMO Simms makes Way to much cash to be here next year.

Poor wording on my part.

Understood.

As far as Simms goes, the guy has proven nothing whatsoever to believe he can pull the wagon. All this blind faith in a guy like this to me is puzzling.

Dortoh
11-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Holy freaking meltdown.

Its not exactly rare to see a backup unexpectedly come into a game and shit himself.

I think we give Simms a shot this week with full prep and a game plan to his abilitys before we tear his spleen out FFS

Shazam!
11-16-2009, 11:59 AM
Simms was not some rookie. He should've been better prepared. We've all seen QBs come in and play better. Nobody expected him to light up the Field, but the guy was just beyond awful.

NightTrainLayne
11-16-2009, 12:02 PM
I never had to make excuses for Gary Kubiak when he came into games for Elway.

Dortoh
11-16-2009, 12:04 PM
I never had to make excuses for Gary Kubiak when he came into games for Elway.

Sorry NTL but Kubes was in the system for 56,000 years give or take.

Ravage!!!
11-16-2009, 12:09 PM
we don't know how much time McDaniels has been giving our back-up QBs to prepare. Maybe McDaniels has been focusing so much on Orton, that he hasn't given Simms or Brand time with the first units.

Not taking everything off Simms, I'm just saying we don't know.

Dortoh
11-16-2009, 12:15 PM
we don't know how much time McDaniels has been giving our back-up QBs to prepare. Maybe McDaniels has been focusing so much on Orton, that he hasn't given Simms or Brand time with the first units.

Not taking everything off Simms, I'm just saying we don't know.

Not only that but Simms has a SB ring........just saying

topscribe
11-16-2009, 12:17 PM

Now, that's rich!! Orton led a team to the Super Bowl as a rookie.

You know, the guy you have been trashing? :pound:

-----

Dortoh
11-16-2009, 12:19 PM
Now, that's rich!! Orton followed a team to the Super Bowl as a rookie.

-----

Sorry Top I had to edit that for accuracy.

topscribe
11-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Sorry Top I had to edit that for accuracy.

You never saw much of the Bears that year, did you?

Otherwise, you would know what you just did is bullshit . . .

-----

Dortoh
11-16-2009, 01:09 PM
You never saw much of the Bears that year, did you?

Otherwise, you would know what you just did is bullshit . . .

-----

Top are you becoming violent with me?

http://wii.kombo.com/images/content/news/blurb_cornholio1_20090108.jpg

topscribe
11-16-2009, 01:19 PM
Top are you becoming violent with me?

http://wii.kombo.com/images/content/news/blurb_cornholio1_20090108.jpg

When I become violent with you, it will be when I catch you in the shower, and I have a pipe wrench in my hand . . .

-----

underrated29
11-16-2009, 01:34 PM
LMAO-

Top laying it down and calling Bullshit...

****** awesome!
Go get him topscribe.

Lmao.

Ravage!!!
11-16-2009, 01:38 PM
When Orton was a rookie, the bears didn't go to the SB. It was his sophmore year (2006) when he was injured and didn't play a single game that the Bears went to the Super Bowl.

Dortoh
11-16-2009, 01:53 PM
LMAO-

Top laying it down and calling Bullshit...

F'ing awesome!
Go get him topscribe.

Lmao.

Top is just simply being a bad fan according to everyone who bashed posters who didnt jump on Ortons jock.

Or it could be a fiber issue hard to tell at this point

Dortoh
11-16-2009, 01:54 PM
When Orton was a rookie, the bears didn't go to the SB. It was his sophmore year (2006) when he was injured and didn't play a single game that the Bears went to the Super Bowl.

Oh Shit Ravage is bringing down the thunder.

topscribe
11-16-2009, 02:06 PM

I stand corrected. (See how easy it is, Ravage? Glad to be an example to you.)

Orton led the Bears to a 11-5 regular season record in 2005. Then, for some
inexplicable reason, they supplanted him with Grossman in the postseason game
against the Panthers, in which Grossman stunk up the joint, and the Bears lost.

It is interesting to note that, earlier in that year, the Bears beat the Panthers with
Orton at the helm . . .

-----

topscribe
11-16-2009, 02:08 PM
Top is just simply being a bad fan according to everyone who bashed posters who didnt jump on Ortons jock.

Or it could be a fiber issue hard to tell at this point

Nope. Just musing on how ridiculous you were in bashing Orton during a game
when he was accumulating a 134.7 QB rating . . .

-----

Ravage!!!
11-16-2009, 02:11 PM
I guess its not so surprising since Grossman then turned around and took them to the Super Bowl the following year. But I believe (not positive) that it was injury that kept orton from playing in the playoffs in '05.

Dortoh
11-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Nope. Just musing on how ridiculous you were in bashing Orton during a game
when he was accumulating a 134.7 QB rating . . .

-----

Wait where did I bash Orton? I didnt say anything that was not true. Both TD's were gifts and the miss to Royal was a miss.

claymore
11-16-2009, 02:25 PM

-----

Ummmmmm No he didnt!

topscribe
11-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Wait where did I bash Orton? I didnt say anything that was not true. Both TD's were gifts and the miss to Royal was a miss.

In addition to watching the game, I was following the open game threads both
here and on MHR. When the ball sailed past Royal's fingertips, I muttered, "Damn!
Orton overthrew that one!" (Get it?--Ol' Noodle Arm overthrew it.) Following the
incident, several posters said, "Keep running, Eddie!" And, "That was on Royal."
So I looked at the replay, and, sure enough, Eddie slowed up . . . when the ball
was already in the air.

As I said, look...at...the...replay.

-----

claymore
11-16-2009, 02:41 PM
I stand corrected. (See how easy it is, Ravage? Glad to be an example to you.)

Orton led the Bears to a 11-5 regular season record in 2005. Then, for some
inexplicable reason, they supplanted him with Grossman in the postseason game
against the Panthers, in which Grossman stunk up the joint, and the Bears lost.

It is interesting to note that, earlier in that year, the Bears beat the Panthers with
Orton at the helm . . .

-----

Probably cause he was a rookie, and they had much more invested in Grossman. Its not like Orton put up great numbers his rookie year.

And just because a team wins doesnt mean its because of the QB. They had a killer Defense that year.

topscribe
11-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Ummmmmm No he didnt!

Please see Post #41.

-----

Dortoh
11-16-2009, 02:43 PM
In addition to watching the game, I was following the open game threads both
here and on MHR. When the ball sailed past Royal's fingertips, I muttered, "Damn!
Orton overthrew that one!" (Get it?--Ol' Noodle Arm overthrew it.) Following the
incident, several posters said, "Keep running, Eddie!" And, "That was on Royal."
So I looked at the replay, and, sure enough, Eddie slowed up . . . when the ball
was already in the air.

As I said, look...at...the...replay.

-----

Thats simply silly Top he slowed down because there was no way he was going to catch up to that duck.

claymore
11-16-2009, 02:44 PM
Please see Post #41.

-----

I did, I went outside to watch the shuttle launch. I hope Ortons ankle was on the space shuttle.

( I am kidding!)

topscribe
11-16-2009, 02:46 PM
Probably cause he was a rookie, and they had much more invested in Grossman. Its not like Orton put up great numbers his rookie year.

And just because a team wins doesnt mean its because of the QB. They had a killer Defense that year.

Peyton Manning did not put up "great" numbers in his rookie year. Neither did
John Elway. So what is your point? Rookies do not typically put up great numbers.

And that "killer defense" didn't save Grossman's putrid performance in the playoff
game, did it? But Orton beat that same team earlier in the year . . . playing for the
same team. As a rookie.

-----

Dortoh
11-16-2009, 02:50 PM
John Elway. So what is your point? Rookies do not typically put up great numbers.

And that "killer defense" didn't save Grossman's putrid performance in the playoff
game, did it? But Orton beat that same team earlier in the year . . . playing for the
same team. As a rookie.

-----

apples and oranges

topscribe
11-16-2009, 02:53 PM
apples and oranges

I try to pick up a few of both every time I go to the store . . .

-----

claymore
11-16-2009, 02:54 PM

same team. As a rookie.

-----
Elway, Manning, and Grossman were all number one picks. Orton was just a place holder.

And..... The chiefs beat the redskins this year so I guess they are better than us. :rolleyes:

Dortoh
11-16-2009, 02:55 PM
I try to pick up a few of both every time I go to the store . . .

-----

You should try some carrots they are good for the eyes :laugh:

Now that was funny IMHO ;)

topscribe
11-16-2009, 02:56 PM
Thats simply silly Top he slowed down because there was no way he was going to catch up to that duck.

Just about all through the open thread, you were arguing with seemingly almost
everybody in there, except Clay, who was arguing with the same almost everyone.

And now, you are still arguing with almost everybody . . .except Clay and Ravage.

:lol:

-----

topscribe
11-16-2009, 02:57 PM
Elway, Manning, and Grossman were all number one picks. Orton was just a place holder.

And..... The chiefs beat the redskins this year so I guess they are better than us. :rolleyes:

Clay, are you drinking again?

-----

Dortoh
11-16-2009, 03:06 PM
Just about all through the open thread, you were arguing with seemingly almost
everybody in there, except Clay, who was arguing with the same almost everyone.

And now, you are still arguing with almost everybody . . .except Clay and Ravage.

:lol:

-----

You dont mind if I translate this do you?

"I admit my defeat and will listen more closely to your wisdom going forth Dortoh"

:laugh:

topscribe
11-16-2009, 03:08 PM
You dont mind if I translate this do you?

"I admit my defeat and will listen more closely to your wisdom going forth Dortoh"

:laugh:

I don't know how you could have so totally mistranslated that, Dortoh.

I'll do it myself for you, okay?

"Eat my shorts, Dortoh." :coffee:

------

MOtorboat
11-16-2009, 03:17 PM

:awesome:

That means we are better than the Ravens because the Bengals beat them twice and we beat the Bengals.

:elefant:

Dortoh
11-16-2009, 03:19 PM
:awesome:

That means we are better than the Ravens because the Bengals beat them twice and we beat the Bengals.

:elefant:

Actually Orton got bailed out against the Bengals so that doesnt really work out.

:couch:

MOtorboat
11-16-2009, 03:19 PM
Actually Orton got bailed out against the Bengals so that doesnt really work out.

Oh, OK...you just tell me which plays counted and which ones didn't, from here on out...:salute:

Dortoh
11-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Oh, OK...you just tell me which plays counted and which ones didn't, from here on out...:salute:

Thats better you like many before you are starting to see the light.

Just check with me before you post and I'll ok your content. :laugh:

Superchop 7
11-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Truth is.....Orton reminds me of Kubiak, not a big arm, but will win a game with his brains. Thats why I would love Orton as the #2.

Simms ? OM freaking God.......I can't recall "any" backup QB playing worse. (Cut Him)

Look, the smartest move is Garcia, we must have a backup that can win. If you look at stats between Simms and Garcia, it isn't even close. History tells us that Garcia will complete 65% of his passes for an over 90 QB rating. He is elusive and right now, we could use a mobile qb.

High ankle sprains do not heal overnight, we need to win......get Garcia.

Lonestar
11-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Truth is.....Orton reminds me of Kubiak, not a big arm, but will win a game with his brains. Thats why I would love Orton as the #2.

Simms ? OM freaking God.......I can't recall "any" backup QB playing worse. (Cut Him)

Look, the smartest move is Garcia, we must have a backup that can win. If you look at stats between Simms and Garcia, it isn't even close. History tells us that Garcia will complete 65% of his passes for an over 90 QB rating. He is elusive and right now, we could use a mobile qb.

yeah lets get a new QB in here to try and learn a system that took Brady several years to learn and right now Orton, Simms and Tom B are in their 6th, 8th and 5th month in learning it..

..:confused:

topscribe
11-16-2009, 03:38 PM

Not a big arm? Well, not Elway or even Cutler "big," no.

But his heaving it 65 yards in the air on the Hail Mary pass in the NE game.

His 53 yards in the air in the first TD yesterday.

His 55 yards in the air in the second TD yesterday . . . on the money.

His throwing it 74 yards as a high school senior . . . 6 yards further than Peyton Manning ever threw it, of record.

How big of an arm do you want?

-----

topscribe
11-16-2009, 03:40 PM

Of course, we will want to consider both Orton and Palmer for that game, won't we?

-----

ursamajor
11-16-2009, 07:55 PM

-----

It was Orton's sophomore year that the Bears went to the SB. Orton's rookie year, the Bears went 11-5, and lost to Carolina in the Playoffs.

Ravage!!!
11-16-2009, 07:59 PM
yeah lets get a new QB in here to try and learn a system that took Brady several years to learn and right now Orton, Simms and Tom B are in their 6th, 8th and 5th month in learning it..

..:confused:

Funny.. I'm pretty sure that Brady wasn't with the team for YEARS the first time he won the Super Bowl .... and ... yes.. yes... it wasn't even McDaniel's system!!

Veterans have said this time and time and time again. Every team runs the same plays. WRs only have SO many routes they use.... its just a matter of learning the terminology, and how they apply those routes.

smith49
11-16-2009, 09:40 PM
well, ive said this several times on other threads. i also know that it may be looked at as a stupid comment and opinion. however, im of the opinion that brandstater is going to be good, in fact he may be awesome. he is big, has some mobility, and he can chuck it all over the field. he aslo had a pretty respectable college career, even if it was a fresno which is a wac team i believe.

i honestly think that we can win with him taking the snaps. not saying he wont make some mistakes, just saying i think we could win with him in.you all can call me stupid, or whatever you want, but i think the kid could be a pretty special qb, eventhough he is a rookie.

oh, and for the record, im not saying he should start over orton, just saying that if orton i would like to see the rook get a shot. i personally dont think it would mean we were throwing in the towel on the season.

JDL
11-16-2009, 09:44 PM
Nobody remembers how Brandstater looked when he wasn't quite prepared in preseason, but when he got most of the reps in practice he suddenly looked tons better.

Why are so many people so narrow-minded about Simms? I've never been a big fan, but even I cannot damn him too much for coming into his 1st reg. live action in what 3 years or something? That is not really all that fair. Even Orton looked like garbage early too. These are not great QBs whose talent will just take over... they HAVE to be well-prepared. Now why was he not well-prepared? You have to wonder if it was like that 3 name QB in New Orleans? or somewhere a few years ago that admitted he was not ready to go into the game. It takes a real pro to be ready each and every week despite most likely not playing... anyone REALLY think Brandstater would have been anymore prepared? Probably not.

The solution to me really is sticking with Orton (I still stand by the fact we needed another veteran option in camp at worse for situations just like this.) I think long-term resign Orton to be the starter in 2010 and backup in 2011-beyond. Draft a talented young rookie and have them compete with Brandstater. There is no guarantee he is the option or any drafted rookie would be, which is why you should double-up your efforts if the draft class is worthy.

topscribe
11-16-2009, 11:52 PM
Funny.. I'm pretty sure that Brady wasn't with the team for YEARS the first time he won the Super Bowl .... and ... yes.. yes... it wasn't even McDaniel's system!!

Veterans have said this time and time and time again. Every team runs the same plays. WRs only have SO many routes they use.... its just a matter of learning the terminology, and how they apply those routes.

Actually, Brady had been with the team for two years when the Patriots won
the Super Bowl with him at QB.

Anyway, it was McDaniels who said it takes a QB two to three years to master
that system, and Shanahan had said beforehand that a QB doesn't really come
into his own in a new system until about his third year.

So what you need to do is to take it up with them. JR wasn't saying that all
by his little ol' lonesome . . .

-----

topscribe
11-16-2009, 11:55 PM
It was Orton's sophomore year that the Bears went to the SB. Orton's rookie year, the Bears went 11-5, and lost to Carolina in the Playoffs.

Yes, thanks. It has since come back to me.

http://broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=821279&postcount=41

:D

-----

Ravage!!!
11-17-2009, 12:04 AM
Brady was with the team ONE year bfore winning the Super Bowl.. won it in his second.

JR was quoting Brady. Point being, veteran QBs pick up on systems faster because as SOOOOOO many veteran QBs have said.... Every team runs the same plays (especially running plays). Brady was only with a system for a single season (and into his second) but able to win a SB. Every team pretty much have the exact same routes. There are only so many routes WRs run. its how you package them together that makes the differences in 'systems'.... that and terminology.

So once a veteran QB is able to master the terminology... But in the meantime a veteran can use 'cheats' like arm bands to help them get through the learning process. But a vet at least if better/faster at reading opposing defenses.

topscribe
11-17-2009, 12:21 AM
Brady was with the team ONE year bfore winning the Super Bowl.. won it in his second.

JR was quoting Brady. Point being, veteran QBs pick up on systems faster because as SOOOOOO many veteran QBs have said.... Every team runs the same plays (especially running plays). Brady was only with a system for a single season (and into his second) but able to win a SB. Every team pretty much have the exact same routes. There are only so many routes WRs run. its how you package them together that makes the differences in 'systems'.... that and terminology.

So once a veteran QB is able to master the terminology... But in the meantime a veteran can use 'cheats' like arm bands to help them get through the learning process. But a vet at least if better/faster at reading opposing defenses.

By the time the Patriots played in the Super Bowl, Brady had been with them
for two (2) years. He was drafted in the 6th round in 2000, and the Super
Bowl was played in January 2002. So you have all of 2000 (one year) and all
of 2001 (second year), equaling two (2) years.

And, once again, what JR said was the replication of what sooooo Shanahan
and sooooo McDaniels said . . . you know, two coaches who are very
experienced with quarterbacks.

Once again, I suggest you take your argument up with them.

-----