PDA

View Full Version : Sunday bloody Sunday: Week 10 injuries hit NFL teams hard

Denver Native (Carol)
11-15-2009, 08:56 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Sunday-bloody-Sunday-Week-10-injuries-hit-NFL-t?urn=nfl,202648

The injury reports from today's games read like a who's who of recent NFL standouts. An All-Pro safety, the starting quarterback of a division leader, three starting running backs from playoff contenders and two long-time offensive lineman were among the carnage in a day that could come back to haunt a number of teams with Super Bowl aspirations.

The list of the fallen include:

Cedric Benson(notes) (RB, Cincinnati Bengals) -- Hip

Ronnie Brown(notes) (RB, Miami Dolphins) -- Ankle

Marc Colombo(notes) (T, Dallas Cowboys) -- Broken leg

Jordan Gross(notes) (T, Carolina Panthers) -- Ankle

Julius Jones(notes) (RB, Seattle Seahawks) -- Chest

Kyle Orton(notes) (QB, Denver Broncos) -- Ankle

Michael Turner(notes) (RB, Atlanta Falcons) =- Ankle

Brian Westbrook(notes) (RB, Philadelphia Eagles) -- Concussion

Orton will reportedly miss next week's game, Turner and Benson are said to have potentially "serious" injuries and Westbrook's concussion was his second in 20 days. His loss wouldn't devastate the Eagles (at this point, it's almost a surprise when he does play), but prolonged absences by the others could mean the difference between a postseason berth or mid-January tee times.

Today's list isn't out of the ordinary or anything. The crawl on SportsCenter every Monday morning shows more medical conditions than it does scores. However, days like today should remind the NFL that it's hard enough for players to get through a 16-game season, let alone the 18-game season that Roger Goodell would love to expand to.

Shazam!
11-15-2009, 08:59 PM
Orton will reportedly miss next week's game...

I'd rather prep Brandstater for the start. Simms going would all but guarantee a loss.

This is so ****ed up.

CrazyHorse
11-15-2009, 09:01 PM
Jeff garcia! Lol

getlynched47
11-15-2009, 09:07 PM
We're dead...Chris Simms makes JaMarcus Russell look good.

BroncoAV06
11-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Damn I was wondering about his ankle. Looked pretty nasty.

Devilspawn
11-15-2009, 09:20 PM
I'd be bummed if Benson missed significant time (after next week of course) after the success he's been having. The Bengals are a feel good story coming from a dominating division.

I'd he pissed about Michael Turner because he's my starting back in 4 leagues.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-15-2009, 09:24 PM
I'd be bummed if Benson missed significant time (after next week of course) after the success he's been having. The Bengals are a feel good story coming from a dominating division.

I'd he pissed about Michael Turner because he's my starting back in 4 leagues.

It was reported tonight before the Sunday night game that Cincinnati is considering signing Larry Johnson because of Benson's injury.

jhildebrand
11-15-2009, 10:28 PM
It was reported tonight before the Sunday night game that Cincinnati is considering signing Larry Johnson because of Benson's injury.

Let the implosion begin if they do.

girler
11-16-2009, 01:58 PM

:shocked: OUCH!

Nomad
11-16-2009, 06:16 PM
That sucks to hear about Orton! Well, if Simms ever dreamt of a game to win over BRONCO fans, this game with the Chargers would be the one.....for the division lead, sweeping the Chargers, and in front of the home crowd. Defense and ST have to help him out as well, it's not like they've been reliable these last few games!!! BRONCOS have a solid chance of winning this game but they have to play as a team and find their intensity/will to win!!