PDA

View Full Version : American Idol is here!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

broncogirl7
01-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Okay...get ready!! American Idol craziness begins tomorrow night. I swear, the first episodes are the funniest and we usually tape it to laugh at later. We still have the guy that sang, "Like a virgin" several seasons ago and still laugh. Don't mean to laugh, but if you get on national tv wearing a "superman" costume and singing like a dying cow...well, you have to laugh and wonder :elefant: what's wrong with these people.

slim
01-14-2008, 05:57 PM
What is American Idol?

broncogirl7
01-14-2008, 06:11 PM
What is American Idol?

Are you kidding? It's a reality singing show...Kelly Clarkson, Jordin Sparks, Ruben Studdard(haven't heard much from him), Clay Aiken, Chris Daughtry, Taylor Hicks, Bo Bice, Blake Lewis, Josh Gracin, Jennifer Hudson, Bucky Covington, Katharine McPhee, Kellie Pickler, Melinda Doolittle and last but not least our very favorite: Sanjaya Malakar! :sarcasm: :elefant:

Bronco9798
01-14-2008, 06:12 PM
I usually watch it every year. Only TV show outside of news and sports I watch.

BeefStew25
01-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Okay...get ready!! American Idol craziness begins tomorrow night. I swear, the first episodes are the funniest and we usually tape it to laugh at later. We still have the guy that sang, "Like a virgin" several seasons ago and still laugh. Don't mean to laugh, but if you get on national tv wearing a "superman" costume and singing like a dying cow...well, you have to laugh and wonder :elefant: what's wrong with these people.

OMG! You are on a roll tonight! You are cracking me up. I love the elephant! You are hilarious!

broncogirl7
01-14-2008, 06:13 PM
I usually watch it every year. Only TV show outside of news and sports I watch.

Me too 9'nr. It's good for a laugh and then I like to pretend I am a "scout" and figure out who is going to win. This is just for fun and not serious.

Bronco9798
01-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Me too 9'nr. It's good for a laugh and then I like to pretend I am a "scout" and figure out who is going to win. This is just for fun and not serious.

I was on the Kelly Pickler bandwagon two seasons ago. I liked her, she was cool.

Skinny
01-14-2008, 06:15 PM
:sighs: ...

MOtorboat
01-14-2008, 06:17 PM
Everything past the first two shows is worthless. But that's just my humble opinion.

Of course, they did discover Carrie Underwood. I guess I'm not complaining about that.

Bronco9798
01-14-2008, 06:19 PM
It is what it is. You either like it or you don't. I'm not a TV person outside of sports and news. This is the only TV show I ever watch.

broncogirl7
01-14-2008, 06:22 PM
Kellie was pretty good and funny! I wish she hadn't cut her hair. It totally changed her appearance and "aged" her quite a bit. What do you think about Chris Daughtry?

We won't discuss Clay. I really liked him, but....OMG!

MOtorboat
01-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Kellie was pretty good and funny! I wish she hadn't cut her hair. It totally changed her appearance and "aged" her quite a bit. What do you think about Chris Daughtry?

I think Kellie Pickler is an idiot. I've seen her in several tv interviews on CMT, and damn...

I got frustrated, because I watched it twice last season, and both times they kicked off two people I thought did a much better job than several people who stayed, including that Sangina guy. He should have been kicked off before it started. He was gay.

Bronco9798
01-14-2008, 06:25 PM

Clay is gay, as you know. Daughtry is pretty cool. He should of won. Taylor Hicks is, and was a joke.

My favorite all time song was when that pretty kinds hefty girl did somewhere over the rainbow. Mcphie or something like that. Corny song but she did it so perfect. I'm going to get slammed for talking about somewhere over the rainbow. Screw it....:D:D:elefant:

broncogirl7
01-14-2008, 06:26 PM
They kept Sanjaya around for the "little girls". Melinda Doolittle should've won last season. One of the reasons she won is that she was a good marketable commodity. Daddy was a former NFL player and that didn't hurt. I won't take anything away from her, she's okay but no Melinda.

slim
01-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Clay is gay, as you know. Daughtry is pretty cool. He should of won. Taylor Hicks is, and was a joke.

My favorite all time song was when that pretty kinds hefty girl did somewhere over the rainbow. Mcphie or something like that. Corny song but she did it so perfect. I'm going to get slammed for talking about somewhere over the rainbow. Screw it....:D:D:elefant:

Are these types of personal attacks really necessary? :elefant:

Clay, don't worry. Here at BF we have a strict don't ask don't tell policy.

DallasChief
01-14-2008, 06:29 PM
Are these types of personal attacks really necessary? :elefant:

Clay, don't worry. Here at BF we have a strict don't ask don't tell policy.

Clay doesn't mind being called gay. She told me earlier that she was hanging out at the trailer park today with her lesbian lover.

slim
01-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Clay doesn't mind being called gay. She told me earlier that she was hanging out at the trailer park today with her lesbian lover.

Well, I hope she took her camera. :eek:

broncogirl7
01-14-2008, 06:30 PM

I agree...you just had to witness the song, "somewhere over the rainbow," it was beautiful. Taylor HIcks and his "soul" patrol made me sick. I have seen him on several interview shows and "not all there" is all I can say.
:elefant:Clay is definately ghey:elefant::laugh:
Who cares if someone gives you a hardtime, I think it's cool. We watch it for entertainment purposes and if someone actually watches all the episodes they will see why we enjoy it.

schnooks1
01-14-2008, 06:50 PM
WHOOOHOOO I was hoping someone would post a AMERICAN IDOL thread. OMG I am so frickin addicted to that show, the house could blow up, my child gets put to bed early..(well as ashamed as I am to admit, she too has become addicted and keeps telling me "Mama I am going to be on that show someday!)

YEAH tomorrow night!! Thank goodness for DVR cause I hate commercails so much I swear I could go "postal"! I wait it out about 30 minutes and then I start watching it.

And then of course Lost starts the end of this month.. .I am doomed or should I say my marriage is!! (Lost, Desperate Housewives, Grey's, Moonlight, NCIS, Criminal Minds, Boston Legal, Dance Wars, Ghost Whisperer... I know I left out one or two)

Thanks for starting this thread!!:clap2:

Broncolingus
01-14-2008, 06:51 PM
WHOOOHOOO I was hoping someone would post a AMERICAN IDOL thread. OMG I am so frickin addicted to that show, the house could blow up, my child gets put to bed early..(well as ashamed as I am to admit, she too has become addicted and keeps telling me "Mama I am going to be on that show someday!)

YEAH tomorrow night!! Thank goodness for DVR cause I hate commercails so much I swear I could go "postal"! I wait it out about 30 minutes and then I start watching it.

And then of course Lost starts the end of this month.. .I am doomed or should I say my marriage is!! (Lost, Desperate Housewives, Grey's, Moonlight, NCIS, Criminal Minds, Boston Legal, Dance Wars, Ghost Whisperer... I know I left out one or two)

Really?

I've never watched it in my life...

schnooks1
01-14-2008, 06:52 PM
They kept Sanjaya around for the "little girls". Melinda Doolittle should've won last season. One of the reasons she won is that she was a good marketable commodity. Daddy was a former NFL player and that didn't hurt. I won't take anything away from her, she's okay but no Melinda.

I agree with you.. I think she was very good. I hear this year they have some 16 year old that Simon and Paula agree is the one to watch. I can't wait. Gotta get through all the crazy's first then off to the show!!

schnooks1
01-14-2008, 06:53 PM

I met Chris when they he played at the Hard Rock opening here in Biloxi, Ms. He was pretty cool. Had his wife with him and they seemed like "real" people. He is pretty good. I always liked Bo Bice too.

schnooks1
01-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Really?

I've never watched it in my life...

Gotta live in the now, get with the program... tomorrow night.. don't be late!

Broncolingus
01-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Gotta live in the now, get with the program... tomorrow night.. don't be late!

I don't know...might come across as a little ghey.

Also, it's on at the same time as 'Color Splash' on HGTV which I never miss.

schnooks1
01-14-2008, 06:58 PM
I don't know...might come across as a little ghey.

Also, it's on at the same time as 'Color Splash' on HGTV which I never miss.

Well tape one watch the other. My you do need a little schooling don't ya!

Broncospsycho77
01-14-2008, 06:58 PM
I hate American Idol.

It's the spawn of Satan.

Broncolingus
01-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Well tape one watch the other. My you do need a little schooling don't ya!

Teach me o'wise one...

schnooks1
01-14-2008, 07:00 PM
Teach me o'wise one...

Hey that is what my husband calls me too... you know him??:confused:

broncogirl7
01-14-2008, 07:00 PM
I met Chris when they he played at the Hard Rock opening here in Biloxi, Ms. He was pretty cool. Had his wife with him and they seemed like "real" people. He is pretty good. I always liked Bo Bice too.

That is sooo cool. I loved Chris on idol. He should've won. He'll be bigger than the actual winner. That's awesome you got to meet him. I am listening to Bo right now :elefant:
I love Kelly Clarkson and Carrie and have their cds. I even have Clay's. I like his voice...I am sorry.:D
Don't you just love the preliminaries when all the crazys come out?

broncogirl7
01-14-2008, 07:03 PM

Guilty as charged. The only show I haven't watched is Ghost Whisperer and Boston Legal. I love the DVR.
Your daughter might be right...start taping her now.

schnooks1
01-14-2008, 07:03 PM
That is sooo cool. I loved Chris on idol. He should've won. He'll be bigger than the actual winner. That's awesome you got to meet him. I am listening to Bo right now :elefant:
I love Kelly Clarkson and Carrie and have their cds. I even have Clay's. I like his voice...I am sorry.:D
Don't you just love the preliminaries when all the crazys come out?

Yep I love those crazy "yep I think I really can sing... No I am not joking!!" That is the only part my husband will watch. Once it gets down to the top 30 he plays his computer games.

Broncolingus
01-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Hey that is what my husband calls me too... you know him??:confused:

I have not...but saying that has been 'beaten' into me for the last 18-years so it's more of a habit...

schnooks1
01-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Guilty as charged. The only show I haven't watched is Ghost Whisperer and Boston Legal. I love the DVR.
Your daughter might be right...start taping her now.

Well she has a beat but not a tone yet. She is in love with High school musical well "Troy" anyway and she sings along with that all the time and I may have to get her some music lessons before the big trip to American Idol but it is cute hearing her dream!!

schnooks1
01-14-2008, 07:17 PM
I have not...but saying that has been 'beaten' into me for the last 18-years so it's more of a habit...

Ya ya ... he acts like a whimp too!! Always blaming me cause I get a "little" physical when I get angered!! You husbands are all the same!!! (and I don't mean to generalize or anything!)

Broncolingus
01-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Ya ya ... he acts like a whimp too!! Always blaming me cause I get a "little" physical when I get angered!! You husbands are all the same!!! (and I don't mean to generalize or anything!)

You are mentally abusing me now...

( - tear - )

schnooks1
01-14-2008, 07:21 PM
You are mentally abusing me now...

( - tear - )

A talent that I must admit was self taught but I really do feel your pain!

*tissue*

Broncolingus
01-14-2008, 07:28 PM
A talent that I must admit was self taught but I really do feel your pain!

*tissue*

NO...I know you're lying!

schnooks1
01-14-2008, 07:35 PM
NO...I know you're lying!

:laugh::rolleyes::laugh:

Uncle Buck
01-14-2008, 08:06 PM

I'll hafta admit that I'm a sucker for that show too. And, as with several others in here, "it's the only TV show I watch" (other than the News channels, Sports and assorted domentary channels, that is).

Don't ask me why. Paula Abdul, mebbe? ;)

Anyhow, this be a *fun* show!

schnooks1
01-14-2008, 08:08 PM
I'll hafta admit that I'm a sucker for that show too. And, as with several others in here, "it's the only TV show I watch" (other than the News channels, Sports and assorted domentary channels, that is).

Don't ask me why. Paula Abdul, mebbe? ;)

Anyhow, this be a *fun* show!

I do like Paula!! She is sweet. I am a little Sweet on Simon though. He's not bad to look at and I love a guy that is HONEST to a fault! LOVE it! I think he is usually right on the money.. a little cruel sometimes but he does not mince words!!

Uncle Buck
01-14-2008, 08:10 PM
I do like Paula!! She is sweet. I am a little Sweet on Simon though. He's not bad to look at and I love a guy that is HONEST to a fault! LOVE it! I think he is usually right on the money.. a little cruel sometimes but he does not mince words!!

Ain't she a *sweetie*?!

Re, Simon, he's a real piece of work, hisself... but I nearly choked on a chicken bone when he came out with that "Bush Baby" crack last year! :laugh:

tubby
01-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Worst Show Ever

schnooks1
01-14-2008, 08:21 PM
Ain't she a *sweetie*?!

Re, Simon, he's a real piece of work, hisself... but I nearly choked on a chicken bone when he came out with that "Bush Baby" crack last year! :laugh:

Yep he does come up with a few "English type humor" that I have to hold my breath on. But kind of makes me like him more. Lives on the edge!!

broncogirl7
01-14-2008, 08:25 PM
Paula is a dingbat, but I wouldn't have her any other way. She is a sweatheart and it wouldn't be a show without her. "Dawg" makes me crazy! Simon is priceless and cruel sometimes, but I think alot of times he really tries to help them better their performance if only they would listen to him.

broncogirl7
01-14-2008, 08:26 PM
Ain't she a *sweetie*?!

I almost had a heart-attack when he said that and then I was waiting for Al Sharpton or Jesse to come out and protest. Thank goodness it didn't happen.

schnooks1
01-14-2008, 08:27 PM
Paula is a dingbat, but I wouldn't have her any other way. She is a sweatheart and it wouldn't be a show without her. "Dawg" makes me crazy! Simon is priceless and cruel sometimes, but I think alot of times he really tries to help them better their performance if only they would listen to him.

You are right. They need Paula and Randy drives me mad!

Uncle Buck
01-14-2008, 10:58 PM
I almost had a heart-attack when he said that and then I was waiting for Al Sharpton or Jesse to come out and protest. Thank goodness it didn't happen.

....Errrrr...you would have to clarify THAT one for me, girl. :confused:

Uncle Buck
01-14-2008, 11:11 PM
Yep he does come up with a few "English type humor" that I have to hold my breath on. But kind of makes me like him more. Lives on the edge!!

Part of the "formula," while it prolly all happened by accident. If any of the three (or four, if you count Seacress <g>), were to leave, the show wouldn't be the same. They each are so different, which adds to the *delight*!

Who could live without Randy's "Dawg?" Or Paula's 45-year-old naive humility? Or Simon's "WTF am I even doing here" expression?

And, after all of the silliness, the talent becomes real. Great television.

aberdien
01-14-2008, 11:12 PM
Huff!

schnooks1
01-14-2008, 11:13 PM
Part of the "formula," while it prolly all happened by accident. If any of the three (or four, if you count Seacress <g>), were to leave, the show wouldn't be the same. They each are so different, which adds to the *delight*!

Who could live without Randy's "Dawg?" Or Paula's 45-year-old naive humility? Or Simon's "WTF am I even doing here" expression?

And, after all of the silliness, the talent becomes real. Great television.

I do agree, I just get tired of the constant DAWG for everyone and everything!

Uncle Buck
01-14-2008, 11:17 PM
I do agree, I just get tired of the constant DAWG for everyone and everything!

Yo, part of the culture, dawg. :cool:

You got sumpin' against dogs? :laugh:

schnooks1
01-14-2008, 11:20 PM
:rolleyes::D:laugh:[QUOTE=Uncle Buck;99354]Yo, part of the culture, dawg.

You got sumpin' against dogs? QUOTE]
:D:rolleyes::D

Uncle Buck
01-14-2008, 11:24 PM
[quote=Uncle Buck;99354]Yo, part of the culture, dawg.

You got sumpin' against dogs? QUOTE]
:D:rolleyes::D

I entirely do not understand your response! :cool:

broncogirl7
01-15-2008, 12:12 AM
....Errrrr...you would have to clarify THAT one for me, girl. :confused:

Sorry Uncle Buck. When this happened, several people(African Americans) I work with said it was an insult against African Americans...I asked how this was relavent in this situation as the poor fellow was white and not African American? They got mad because I didn't understand and to be honest, I still don't. I almost had a heart attack due to it being a mean comment for the poor guy that was truly pitiful in every sense of the word. I almost had a 2nd heart attack when they said it was insult against African Americas. I apologize Shauna, Ebony, Mike, and Ruben...I still don't understand. :confused:

Uncle Buck
01-15-2008, 12:47 AM
Sorry Uncle Buck. When this happened, several people(African Americans) I work with said it was an insult against African Americans...I asked how this was relavent in this situation as the poor fellow was white and not African American? They got mad because I didn't understand and to be honest, I still don't. I almost had a heart attack due to it being a mean comment for the poor guy that was truly pitiful in every sense of the word. I almost had a 2nd heart attack when they said it was insult against African Americas. I apologize Shauna, Ebony, Mike, and Ruben...I still don't understand. :confused:

Well, it should not have been taken as an insult against African Americans. As I mentioned in another thread, we all (homo sapiens) share the same DNA. Simon's insult was directed towards the individual, himself... which really crossed the line, in my mind, but, hopefully the "bush baby" was well paid for his participation.

This is America, baby, and if you will sell out yourself for cash, then all bets are off. Which makes me question the ethics of American Idol (while I still allow the show to pander to me, for entertainment value).

That said, African Americans should not take that "bush baby" insult to heart, as the actual animal was in the same chain that split off in the process of becoming "humans."

If you recall my words from another thread, we were all first Black. In that sense, we are all relatives of the "bush baby," so Sharpton and Jackson should take no personal offense.

And thanks for your clarification.

Jody
01-15-2008, 08:00 AM
I've never been able to get into American Idol too much.

It reminds me of high school dramatics, especially Paula.

But hey! To each his own. It's harmless entertainment, unless

someone sings who shouldn't and then it's a little painful.

I think I prefer the kareoke bars over American Idol. :coffee:

Who on here calls up and votes??? :lol:

DallasChief
01-15-2008, 09:34 AM
I've never been able to get into American Idol too much.

It reminds me of high school dramatics, especially Paula.

But hey! To each his own. It's harmless entertainment, unless

someone sings who shouldn't and then it's a little painful.

I think I prefer the kareoke bars over American Idol. :coffee:

Who on here calls up and votes??? :lol:

I voted last year for Sanjaya.

MOtorboat
01-15-2008, 09:41 AM

That's not a big surprise.

schnooks1
01-15-2008, 09:54 AM

You were the one on speed dial?? He does know about fashion and hair though... I bet that is what kept him in there for you??!!

DallasChief
01-15-2008, 10:00 AM
You were the one on speed dial?? He does know about fashion and hair though... I bet that is what kept him in there for you??!!

I started voting for him last year after they were talking about votefortheworst.com on Howard Stern.

My wife wanted to kill me. She even started hiding my phone. :D

BOSSHOGG30
01-15-2008, 10:09 AM
American Idol sucks... with the exception of one year, the best singer never wins. What a waste of time. JMO

MOtorboat
01-15-2008, 10:16 AM
American Idol sucks... with the exception of one year, the best singer never wins. What a waste of time. JMO

Usually, the winner doesn't do as good as the runner-up, or the fan "favorite."

If I'm not mistaken, there's a long list of people who've sold more than the winner that year...isn't there.

Doughtry is of course the prime example. Was Carrie Underwood the winner?

DallasChief
01-15-2008, 10:20 AM

Chris Daughtry was the year Taylor Hicks won. But nobody on AI has outsold Carrie Underwood.

MOtorboat
01-15-2008, 10:21 AM
Chris Daughtry was the year Taylor Hicks won. But nobody on AI has outsold Carrie Underwood.

Did she win the contest?

BOSSHOGG30
01-15-2008, 10:23 AM
Taylor Hicks was a joke! How the heck did he win? Now he doesn't even have a recording contract.

DallasChief
01-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Did she win the contest?

Yes, Carrie Underwood won.

BOSSHOGG30
01-15-2008, 10:33 AM
Carrie Underwood is smoking hot!

BigDaddyBronco
01-15-2008, 10:38 AM
American Idol - yawn
First few episodes are funny due to the freaks that perform for them, but after that it is pretty inane.
Pop music sucks. Lyrics that are done without the context of good music are just concocted BS for the most part.
These kids can sing for the most part, but until they put their heart and soul into their music then you can be pretty sure they will fade away pretty quickly.

Watchthemiddle
01-15-2008, 10:54 AM
I'll be down watching some Idol this year.

Is that starting tonight?

Watchthemiddle
01-15-2008, 10:55 AM

Daughtry should of won that season. WHere the heck has Katherine McHOTTIE been?

MOtorboat
01-15-2008, 11:00 AM
American Idol - yawn
First few episodes are funny due to the freaks that perform for them, but after that it is pretty inane.
Pop music sucks. Lyrics that are done without the context of good music are just concocted BS for the most part.
These kids can sing for the most part, but until they put their heart and soul into their music then you can be pretty sure they will fade away pretty quickly.

Pretty much how I feel, unless they find:

Carrie Underwood is smoking hot!

Then I might watch a little more...last year's finalists weren't the best looking ones they've had...and yes, I'm shallow. Deal with it. I want my pop stars hot.

Watchthemiddle
01-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Pretty much how I feel, unless they find:

Then I might watch a little more...last year's finalists weren't the best looking ones they've had...and yes, I'm shallow. Deal with it. I want my pop stars hot.

I think you have last years finalists confused with the previous year....unless you thought Blake and Jordin were hot..:laugh:

MOtorboat
01-15-2008, 11:55 AM
I think you have last years finalists confused with the previous year....unless you thought Blake and Jordin were hot..:laugh:

Um...I said that I didn't think last year's were hot...

schnooks1
01-15-2008, 12:23 PM
I started voting for him last year after they were talking about votefortheworst.com on Howard Stern.

My wife wanted to kill me. She even started hiding my phone. :D

That is too funny. I think I like your wife. (not sure about you yet...:laugh:)

I don't vote at all. I just love the show. If I voted it would make it a job and then I would not like it. I just decide on who I want to win and if they get bumped... I move on to my next favorite. (I guess you could say since I don't vote I don't hold any real sense of loyality to anyone!) I have picked them straight through until last year when Taylor beat Katherine. She is so much better and did remind me a bit of Judy Garland (Wizard of Oz age not older)

Oh well... can't wait til tonight.. Whoohooooo!:beer::elefant:

MOtorboat
01-15-2008, 12:26 PM
That is too funny. I think I like your wife. (not sure about you yet...:laugh:)

I don't vote at all. I just love the show. If I voted it would make it a job and then I would not like it. I just decide on who I want to win and if they get bumped... I move on to my next favorite. (I guess you could say since I don't vote I don't hold any real sense of loyality to anyone!) I have picked them straight through until last year when Taylor beat Katherine. She is so much better and did remind me a bit of Judy Garland (Wizard of Oz age not older)

Oh well... can't wait til tonight.. Whoohooooo!:beer::elefant:

D.C., for lack of a better term, is kind of a douche, really.

schnooks1
01-15-2008, 12:28 PM
Usually, the winner doesn't do as good as the runner-up, or the fan "favorite."

If I'm not mistaken, there's a long list of people who've sold more than the winner that year...isn't there.

You are right about that except for Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood. I don't hear about Rubin Studdord (sp??) and his home state isn't far from me. The runners up that have done great are Clay, Chris (well he wasn't even a runner up he was like 3rd or 4th)

I do think Clay (no matter his preference in bed) changed the most and improved the most on Idol and his rendition of Bridge over Troubled waters should have won him the competition but.... Rubin the "big teddy bear" won that year.

It is true that you can't always get the best to win but it is fun to watch Simon knock them down when they get too cocky. (can I say that word??):confused:

schnooks1
01-15-2008, 12:29 PM
D.C., for lack of a better term, is kind of a douche, really.

HEY:mad:

Broncolingus
01-15-2008, 01:38 PM
What are we talking about here again?

I asked at the office this morning, but there are a lot of boo-boo's, err...I mean people that apparently watch this show.

What's the dealie yo-yo anyway?

Skimpy outfits? Unmitigated violence?

I also found out it's been on for 7-8 years?

Is that true?

MOtorboat
01-15-2008, 01:40 PM

I asked at the office this morning, but there are a lot of boo-boo's, err...I mean people that apparently watch this show.

Is that true?

You might not want to see that...depending on who is their talent. Last year, I didn't want to see that at all.

It would be fun to see someone go off on Simon.

Broncolingus
01-15-2008, 01:41 PM
You might not want to see that...depending on who is their talent. Last year, I didn't want to see that at all.

It would be fun to see someone go off on Simon.

Roger...

Who's Simon?

MOtorboat
01-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Roger...

Who's Simon?

A douche bag Brit who likes to think he knows what talent is.

You know, I seriously thought he was some bigtime talent evaluator, or something...you know, like the guy who signed Oasis, or Blur, or U2, or something like that you know, big time. Turns out he hasn't signed ****.

Broncolingus
01-15-2008, 01:49 PM
A douche bag Brit who likes to think he knows what talent is.

You know, I seriously thought he was some bigtime talent evaluator, or something...you know, like the guy who signed Oasis, or Blur, or U2, or something like that you know, big time. Turns out he hasn't signed ****.

Ahhh...so remember, 'Simon' whose a DB.

Anything else?

BigDaddyBronco
01-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Ahhh...so remember, 'Simon' whose a DB.

Anything else?
Yea, they got a drunk (or high) Paula Abdul and some black guy named Randy Jackson. None of them seem to know a damn thing about music. They are looking for pretty faces and good voices.

A recipe for crappy TV if you ask me.

Broncolingus
01-15-2008, 02:00 PM
Yea, they got a drunk (or high) Paula Abdul and some black guy named Randy Jackson. None of them seem to know a damn thing about music. They are looking for pretty faces and good voices.

I thought Paula Abdul had a reality show or something...but now that I think about it, I remember something like that.

Randy Jackson like 'The Jackson's' Randy Jackson?

NS on the recipe part...apparently I'm WAY in the minority for people who don't watch that show.

MOtorboat

Yeah, but the first two nights are entertaining, and like I said, if they get another Carrie Underwood, I might watch.

schnooks1

But they are all pretty damn rich for not knowing anything I would say. Seems that this thread isn't your "cup 'o tea"!!

Idol fans maybe?? Just a guess!:D

MOtorboat
01-15-2008, 02:02 PM
I thought Paula Abdul had a reality show or something...but now that I think about it, I remember something like that.

NS on the recipe part...apparently I'm WAY in the minority for people who don't watch that show.

No, he was the bassist for Journey. Some young dude that sucked ass, I mean really sucked, last year started yelling at him. "WTF have you done, dude. You ain't done nothing." And Randy was like, "Look, yo, I was in Journey, Dawg."

Seriously, that was such a D-Celebrity moment. It was a friggin' awesome. But I didn't watch after the first two shows. I checked in once, and everyone was ugly, so I changed the channel.

schnooks1
01-15-2008, 02:02 PM

IT is a good show! This is the 7th year I believe so it is doing okay with the ratings! I think it is the most watched show out there for reality T.V.! Worth a watch if you haven't seen it, just for kicks and giggles anyway!

Broncolingus
01-15-2008, 02:03 PM
IT is a good show! This is the 7th year I believe so it is doing okay with the ratings! I think it is the most watched show out there for reality T.V.! Worth a watch if you haven't seen it, just for kicks and giggles anyway!

How about...um, no...but you can keep me posted?

Savvy?

schnooks1
01-15-2008, 02:04 PM
How about...um, no...but you can keep me posted?

Savvy?

I will give you minute by minute details... you will know more than the viewing audience! You will be able to talk Idol with the best........... It has become my mission! :salute:

Broncolingus
01-15-2008, 02:07 PM
I will give you minute by minute details... you will know more than the viewing audience! You will be able to talk Idol with the best........... It has become my mission! :salute:

Yeah, baby!

And the good part is I don't even have to watch.

'Simon' (the DB), Paula Abdul (who's got to be what? 70 y/o now?), and a Jackson brother (is his face falling off?), all in a reality-type show that they don't really evaluate talent well on...

Have I got the basics?

DallasChief
01-15-2008, 02:07 PM
No, he was the bassist for Journey. Some young dude that sucked ass, I mean really sucked, last year started yelling at him. "WTF have you done, dude. You ain't done nothing." And Randy was like, "Look, yo, I was in Journey, Dawg."

Seriously, that was such a D-Celebrity moment. It was a friggin' awesome. But I didn't watch after the first two shows. I checked in once, and everyone was ugly, so I changed the channel.

Well, Randy Jackson did win a Grammy and I believe a relatively successful producer.

And lingus, he was not part of the Jackson Five.

schnooks1
01-15-2008, 02:09 PM
Yeah, baby!

And the good part is I don't even have to watch.

'Simon' (the DB), Paula Abdul (who's got to be what? 70 y/o now?), and a Jackson brother (is his face falling off?), all in a reality-type show that they don't really evaluate talent well on...

Have I got the basics?

Well according to those that dunt like it... you have a good start! You start there and I will lead you up the right road through my updates! You will see the light and then.... maybe then you can go out an share!

Broncolingus
01-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Well according to those that dunt like it... you have a good start! You start there and I will lead you up the right road through my updates! You will see the light and then.... maybe then you can go out an share!

...okay.

Lunch over...back to work.

See ya'll tonight.

MOtorboat
01-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Well, Randy Jackson did win a Grammy and I believe a relatively successful producer.

And lingus, he was not part of the Jackson Five.

Oh, I know.

It was just so D-moment, though.

I know he's been really successful, it was just so, "Don't you know who I am." that I just had to laugh.

claymore
01-15-2008, 02:14 PM
I am ashamed of the following members. DallasChief, MissouriBronc, Broncolingus. That is all.

MOtorboat
01-15-2008, 02:15 PM
I am ashamed of the following members. DallasChief, MissouriBronc, Broncolingus. That is all.

Well, we've always been ashamed of you, so there you go.

claymore
01-15-2008, 02:16 PM
Well, we've always been ashamed of you, so there you go.Foxtrot Uniform. Good Day, Resume your American Idol discussion. TIA. :salute:

MOtorboat
01-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Foxtrot Uniform. Good Day, Resume your American Idol discussion. TIA. :salute:

Seriously, clay, watch the first show tonight and tell me you didn't laugh your ass off...I dare you...

slim
01-15-2008, 02:19 PM
Seriously, clay, watch the first show tonight and tell me you didn't laugh your ass off...I dare you...

You are right...the first couple of shows are pretty funny. Once they start with the "competition", well...then it is complete garbage.

MOtorboat
01-15-2008, 02:21 PM
You are right...the first couple of shows are pretty funny. Once they start with the "competition", well...then it is complete garbage.

Agreed.

claymore
01-15-2008, 02:22 PM
Seriously, clay, watch the first show tonight and tell me you didn't laugh your ass off...I dare you...What time does it start?

MOtorboat
01-15-2008, 02:23 PM
What time does it start?

Should start at 7...

I usually never make it all the way through the show either...

claymore
01-15-2008, 02:26 PM
I might, I got all 3 Bourne movies last night though.

MOtorboat
01-15-2008, 02:26 PM
I might, I got all 3 Bourne movies last night though.

I watched the third one when I was home. My brother brought it with him. That is an awesome movie.

claymore
01-15-2008, 02:29 PM
I watched the third one when I was home. My brother brought it with him. That is an awesome movie.
I got off early and went to see it. Man was my wife PO'ed when I got home. Women hate when there husbands have fun, its instinct. ;)

DallasChief
01-15-2008, 02:32 PM
I got off early and went to see it. Man was my wife PO'ed when I got home. Women hate when there husbands have fun, its instinct. ;)

Ain't that the truth, sister?

My wife hates for me to have fun.

claymore
01-15-2008, 02:37 PM
Ain't that the truth, sister?

My wife hates for me to have fun.LOL, yes it is. I love watching the younger guys get married all in love and stuff, then 6 months later they trade in the suped up truck/car for a camry. LMAO, its like they get their wings clipped or something.

BOSSHOGG30
01-15-2008, 02:52 PM
http://tv.yahoo.com/show/34934/news/urn:newsml:tv.ap.org:20080115:tv_american_idol__ER :48376

`American Idol' aims to improve season 7
By ERIN CARLSON, Associated Press Writer
Tue Jan 15, 5:25 AM PST

"American Idol," for all its success, is not above tinkering -- especially after last year's revolving door of celebrity mentors and Sanjaya Malakar's improbable run.

Not TOO much tinkering, though. Why mess with a trusty formula?

The Fox ratings superpower returns for its seventh season on Tuesday, and will doubtless dominate January through May as it did last year and the year before that. It could even attract a bigger audience in 2008, thanks to the Hollywood writers strike.

But Nigel Lythgoe, an executive producer for the show, downplayed speculation that the lack of alternative programming as a result of the strike could equal more viewers for "Idol."

"Everyone is sort of saying that there isn't anything else on television to watch," Lythgoe told The Associated Press.

But the other networks are so intimidated by the most-watched show on American television that "they don't really schedule anything around `Idol' anyway," he added.

"American Idol" has reached a plateau in the ratings, down only 1 percent from 2006 (30.7 million average viewers) to 2007 (30.4 million). The finale with winner Jordin Sparks was seen by 31.2 million, according to Nielsen Media Research.

That fell below the 2006 season-ender, which drew 36.6 million viewers watching Taylor Hicks claim the title in an unpredictable matchup with Katharine McPhee

Lythgoe acknowledged that the show suffered last year when finalists failed to top the excitement and star quality of performers from previous seasons; on the other hand, he said producers erred by giving too much air time to famous mentors like Jennifer Lopez with individual projects to promote rather than delving deep into contestants' back stories to foster a stronger connection with viewers.

"We felt as though we made mistakes last year with not really pushing and introducing the talent as well as we have done in the past," he said. "In the past, we knew about (season five also-ran) Kellie Pickler. We knew about her dad going to prison. We knew about her mom leaving (the country singer when she was a toddler)."

(Blake Lewis, we hardly knew ye.)

This time around, the show will redirect attention to the finalists and bring back alums such as McPhee and season-two winner Ruben Studdard during results shows to keep fans abreast of what they're up to, Lythgoe said. There will be a new set to spice up a tried-and-true format.

"The most important thing is the show has got to look better," Simon Cowell said during a recent telephone news conference. "It's got to be more fun as a show, and if it is, I think more people will watch. I think it absolutely comes down to the content of what we provide the viewers."

The new season kicks off with two-hour episodes airing 8-10 p.m. EST Tuesday and Wednesday and featuring auditions in Philadelphia and Dallas, respectively. Another tweak: "Idol" wannabes were allowed to play instruments during tryouts.

Of course, the voice is what matters most -- and charisma, the reason why the vocally challenged Sanjayas of the world advance further than they otherwise should.

Of course, charisma doesn't always translate to commercial success after the contest crowns its final winner.

Hicks, Studdard and McPhee have lost record deals with Sony-BMG, which automatically signs the show's singers. Hicks' self-titled, post-"Idol" album has sold a respectable 699,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan, but it did not reach the 1 million mark surpassed by debuts from previous "Idol" champs. Studdard's previous album, 2006's "The Return," has sold only 236,000 copies.

Sparks' freshman disc has sold 425,000 units since its November release, and has spawned a hit single with "Tattoo."

Meanwhile, multiplatinum "Idol" veterans such as Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood and Chris Daughtry -- who laughed all the way to the top of the charts after finishing fourth to Hicks -- can be heard on the radio at any given moment of the day.

Cowell said the lackluster sales by Hicks and Studdard reflect the unpredictability of the record industry. Lythgoe said they have nothing to do with success of the program itself.

"I don't think we should ever confuse the record-buying market with the television-viewing market," Lythgoe said. "And just because the records aren't selling doesn't mean to say that `American Idol' the television program is now going to slip from the ratings."

Daughtry, who has sold 3.6 million copies of his debut album, disagrees.

"It's in a state of decline and if they don't do something about it, it's probably not gonna last too much longer," he said in an interview posted Monday on Rolling Stone magazine's Web site.

Though the stretched-out audition process, with its terrible singers, deliver excellent ratings, Daughtry said he wished the show would give more screen time to people with talent.

"It's funny at first, but come on," he said. "They spend three weeks on people that can't sing, and that's what they're banking it on. (They should) find some people that you can really invest in."

At least one loyal fan thinks the cultural phenomenon loses some of its magic when winners don't live up to the "Idol" title.

"The TV show -- in order to remain exciting to us as viewers -- does have to produce hits, does have to produce winners," said Michael Slezak, who blogs about the show for Entertainment Weekly magazine's Web site. "Because if nothing is at stake then it becomes just another reality show. You know, `America's Top Model,' they are not actually producing America's top model."

As for the writers strike, Slezak said he thinks "Idol" could be an oasis for displaced viewers forced to anticipate such new offerings as "American Gladiators" and "Cashmere Mafia."

"Everyone's going to have to at least come back and sample the show and see how it's doing, and I think if they've addressed (past) mistakes we're probably going to see a pretty popular year," he said.

Watchthemiddle
01-15-2008, 05:13 PM
Um...I said that I didn't think last year's were hot...

My bust..:doh:.thats what happens when you try and read a comp screen when you should still be sleeping.

Jody
01-15-2008, 07:13 PM

Is that true?

B99747 Where in the world have you been? :D

This is hotter than Bonanza! ;)

MOtorboat
01-15-2008, 08:10 PM
I thought we were getting a play-by-play here...

BTW, that first dude was pretty damn good. That's not an easy song to sing.

Bronco9798
01-15-2008, 08:29 PM
That black guy that they laughed at was pretty bad. I started feeling bad for him.

MOtorboat
01-15-2008, 08:35 PM
That black guy that they laughed at was pretty bad. I started feeling bad for him.

I feel bad for the idiots whose co-workers tell them to go do it. You know they are laughing at his ass...

Bronco9798
01-15-2008, 08:37 PM
You see the camel toe on that girls mother with the tubes hanging out of her nose. That was sexy...

MOtorboat
01-15-2008, 08:38 PM
You see the camel toe on that girls mother with the tubes hanging out of her nose. That was sexy...

Ugh...that was friggin' nasty...

Bronco9798
01-15-2008, 08:39 PM
LMFAO,,I was like,,how can they show that on TV...!!!!

MOtorboat
01-15-2008, 08:47 PM
LMFAO,,I was like,,how can they show that on TV...!!!!

My GAWD! These people are so dilusional! You cannot sing...at all...

MOtorboat
01-15-2008, 08:49 PM
I just farted and it was more in tune than Udi or Ughi, or whatever his name was...

Broncoschic7
01-15-2008, 09:20 PM

You are just wrong !!! lol,,,,,,,

Bronco9798
01-15-2008, 09:20 PM
You are just wrong !!! lol,,,,,,,

Did you see it???

MOtorboat
01-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Did you see it???

It was pretty friggin' nasty.

Broncoschic7
01-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Did you see it???

Yes,,but you don't have to describe it !!!!!

That Christy chick that just went was good ! The horse trainer/wrestler chic. You be on her bandwagon too 9'nr ?

BigDaddyBronco
01-15-2008, 09:32 PM
How about that Willem Dafoe chick at the end who went haywire and was flipping everyone off.

"I'm going for actressing."

Classic line.

Bronco9798
01-15-2008, 09:33 PM

That Christy chick that just went was good ! The horse trainer/wrestler chic. You be on her bandwagon too 9'nr ?

She was very good...

MOtorboat
01-15-2008, 09:58 PM

I'd be on something of hers...

Oooh, was that out loud...

sorry....

broncogirl7
01-15-2008, 11:03 PM
I can't believe I missed the first night of American Idol. Damn basketball games!!!
Thank God for the DVR, I am going to watch it now that I can relax.
Our 7th grade girls looked better, still lost 22-21, but better.
The 8th grade girls suck, lost 35-11. No defense, noone guarded or rebounded the ball, left hoop open so the other team basically walked down and made the basket. They were ball-hogging, prima-donna's(sp). Plus...the coaches suck. My rant is done and I get to do this again Thursday in a town > 1hour away...

Uncle Buck
01-15-2008, 11:15 PM
LOL, yes it is. I love watching the younger guys get married all in love and stuff, then 6 months later they trade in the suped up truck/car for a camry. LMAO, its like they get their wings clipped or something.

Hey, I still got the truck...and I'm OLD! :D

Uncle Buck
01-15-2008, 11:31 PM

Re, the chick from Salem OR, you done did mention, I do believe we have a country gal entry for this year's fray!

Other than her, I like the black chick with the Rett Syndrome child, and that last guy from Dover, Deleware--the one with the brown dreadlocks. While that late-nineties-esque urban nasal whine (of the Backstreet Boys ilk) drives me up a wall, this dude does have style and a voice. Mostly, he is commercial. If he can be groomed into a different style of music, he could be the male front runner. [If I were his agent, I'd quickly go out and buy him the complete anthology of Bob Marley, and confine him to his room, furnished with a good sound system, 24 hours a day.] :cool:

Of course, there is a lot more to see in the weeks to come. This is still a *fun* show, and I'd audition, myself, just to dazzle Paula, but, alas, I just learned of their age limit! :mad:

schnooks1
01-16-2008, 09:56 AM
What was with that guy with the "FAT TONGUE??" He was super wasn't he? And then he wanted to sing another song??!!!

I loved the "glitter girl/boy". She/he was so fun to watch and you can better believe she/he will be back over and over again. Too much!

I am looking forward to the Omaha try-outs. (my home until a few years ago) I am also a bit nervous. I know that they came out of the woodwork there and it may be a bit embarrassing to see what "goofs" Omaha has to offer. Not sure when that one is on... but you can bet I will be traveling in cognitio for a few days after :cool:if they were really crazy!!

Tonight will be good I am sure... but lets hope we don't have any other men remove hair for Paula! That was just:fear: GROSS!!

broncogirl7
01-16-2008, 10:50 AM
What was with that guy with the "FAT TONGUE??" He was super wasn't he? And then he wanted to sing another song??!!!

I loved the "glitter girl/boy". She/he was so fun to watch and you can better believe she/he will be back over and over again. Too much!

I am looking forward to the Omaha try-outs. (my home until a few years ago) I am also a bit nervous. I know that they came out of the woodwork there and it may be a bit embarrassing to see what "goofs" Omaha has to offer. Not sure when that one is on... but you can bet I will be traveling in cognitio for a few days after :cool:if they were really crazy!!

Tonight will be good I am sure... but lets hope we don't have any other men remove hair for Paula! That was just:fear: GROSS!!

Or how about the creepy guy that "wrote" a song for Paula?! He freaking scared the crap out of me. He looked and acted like a psycho stalker and I hope she had guards with her when she left!

BeefStew25
01-16-2008, 10:55 AM
Or how about the creepy guy that "wrote" a song for Paula?! He freaking scared the crap out of me. He looked and acted like a psycho stalker and I hope she had guards with her when she left!

OMG! I know! You are seriously too much, BG7. You make me laugh! :giggle:

Uncle Buck
01-16-2008, 11:25 AM

Amen, sistuh! I wouln't have allowed him to leave the building without getting a fingerprint and a DNA sample! :cool:

broncogirl7
01-16-2008, 11:26 AM
OMG! I know! You are seriously too much, BG7. You make me laugh! :giggle:

:tsk::tsk::elefant::tsk::tsk:Not biting beestew. Good day!

DallasChief
01-16-2008, 11:28 AM
They can end the show now. I vote for the hot chick who cage fights.

broncogirl7
01-16-2008, 11:35 AM

She was really good and seemed very nice. I like the last girl that sang also.

slim
01-16-2008, 11:37 AM

You mean the jello wrestler :D

me likes. :elefant:

DallasChief
01-16-2008, 11:40 AM
You mean the jello wrestler :D

me likes. :elefant:

She was hot. Probably the hottest chick I've ever seen on American Idol.

BigDaddyBronco
01-16-2008, 11:51 AM
Seriously. Did anyone catch the glitter girl, Willem Dafoe look like when she said.

That chick was awesome. I try to pick up the first few episodes to check out the freaks.

DallasChief
01-16-2008, 11:58 AM
Seriously. Did anyone catch the glitter girl, Willem Dafoe look like when she said.

That chick was awesome. I try to pick up the first few episodes to check out the freaks.

That chick was a freak. Nice studio apartment she shared with her mom and three pets.

I think the Star Wars chick was even weirder. I felt sorry for her grandparents.

DallasChief
01-16-2008, 12:33 PM
I just read that the hot chick is only 17. Umm... I feel dirty.

BigDaddyBronco
01-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Dirty old man.

slim
01-16-2008, 01:02 PM

By the time she is rich and famous she will be 18. I am a patient man. :elefant:

MOtorboat
01-16-2008, 01:03 PM

Don't worry about it. I hit on a cheerleader last week that was 17. I don't feel that dirty.

DallasChief
01-16-2008, 01:08 PM
Don't worry about it. I hit on a cheerleader last week that was 17. I don't feel that dirty.

Old enough to go to the store, old enough to....

Uncle Buck
01-16-2008, 02:30 PM
By the time she is rich and famous she will be 18. I am a patient man. :elefant:

:laugh:

Broncospsycho77
01-16-2008, 02:36 PM
Bow chicka wow wow.

:marchmellow:

NightTrainLayne
01-16-2008, 02:40 PM

Did she tell you that she was straight/not interested in women?

:lol:

schnooks1
01-16-2008, 02:44 PM

That guy scared me too.. and then he kept walking closer!I thought as I watched that they must have HUGE security measures going on so that no one can carry a gun or knife in cause some of those people are just crazies!! And to think they get through the first screening..

Maybe somone will get a hold of Simon's water again and throw it at him.
I like Simon though.. I like him a lot!!:D

DallasChief
01-16-2008, 02:46 PM
The guy who sang to Paula was trying to be funny. Probably an aspiring comedian or something just trying to be on TV.

The crazy/scarey guy was the one who waxed his chest.

NightTrainLayne
01-16-2008, 02:50 PM
The guy who sang to Paula was trying to be funny. Probably an aspiring comedian or something just trying to be on TV.

I got the same impression. That guy who made up the song had some pretty good lines in it: "If you were a bathtub I'd caulk you."

schnooks1
01-16-2008, 02:50 PM

Well I do have to agree with you on the WAX job. And then Paula wanted him to turn around and show her the rest of him............ eeeegadsssssssssssss!! I think the comedian though picked a bad venue with all the stalking, deaths etc. Maybe he got his 5 minutes but he kinda still gave me the creeps!

schnooks1
01-16-2008, 02:54 PM
I got the same impression. That guy who made up the song had some pretty good lines in it: "If you were a bathtub I'd caulk you."

The producers and screeners know what they are doing when they let people with feathers through. It is all for the shock and awe and to give their 5 minutes of T.V. There are some pretty weird people out there and I just thank goodness there haven't been any related to me yet. (this is why I knock on wood for the Omaha auditions!)

MOtorboat
01-16-2008, 04:03 PM
The producers and screeners know what they are doing when they let people with feathers through. It is all for the shock and awe and to give their 5 minutes of T.V. There are some pretty weird people out there and I just thank goodness there haven't been any related to me yet. (this is why I knock on wood for the Omaha auditions!)

Don't they go through like five screenings before they actually get to that room?

NightTrainLayne
01-16-2008, 04:20 PM
Don't they go through like five screenings before they actually get to that room?

I know that they are screened more than once, but I don't know how many times.

Even though I know that the "bad" ones are put in there on purpose for entertainment value by these screeners, I still enjoy watching these early episodes. It is just simply amazing the narcissism that these people display, and the total lack of any understanding of their true ability.

slim
01-16-2008, 04:52 PM

The truly crazy/scarey guy is the one in your sig.

broncogirl7
01-16-2008, 11:11 PM
Great night. I see some super talent in Texas. Also saw some pretty FREAKY people.
I totally loved the last little fellow. He was adorable, reminded me of Jackie Chan and I bet he will get something out of his performance.

Broncolingus
01-16-2008, 11:12 PM
Great night. I see some super talent in Texas.

Well...thanks for the compliment BG7.

...or, were you talking about something Idol?

broncogirl7
01-16-2008, 11:16 PM
Well...thanks for the compliment BG7.

...or, were you talking about something Idol?

You are included in the super talent from Texas that I was mentioning.:elefant:

BeefStew25
01-16-2008, 11:17 PM
Great night. I see some super talent in Texas. Also saw some pretty FREAKY people.
I totally loved the last little fellow. He was adorable, reminded me of Jackie Chan and I bet he will get something out of his performance.

Oh, he was a joy. So much he was. There you go again, cracking me up! Silly!

Broncolingus
01-16-2008, 11:17 PM
You are included in the super talent from Texas that I was mentioning.:elefant:

You are just the coolest!

broncogirl7
01-16-2008, 11:19 PM

:salute:

slim
01-16-2008, 11:21 PM

Beef, I was thinking about some of the things I read tonight. Should I be ashamed to be an American? If so, what should I do about it?

BeefStew25
01-17-2008, 12:02 AM
Beef, I was thinking about some of the things I read tonight. Should I be ashamed to be an American? If so, what should I do about it?

Quit eating this country out of house and home, fatty.

Uncle Buck
01-17-2008, 12:39 AM

Yep, satisfying night. Last year, I was complaining because there were not enough blonde country gals...

And, the one who made it to "Hollywood," forgot her lines.

But, this year... too many blondes!

Now I find myself longing for another Melinda!

Go figger. :confused:

Bronco9798
01-17-2008, 08:00 AM
Pretty good show last night

broncogirl7
01-17-2008, 08:06 AM
Where did they say they were going next week?

MOtorboat
01-17-2008, 08:28 AM
Yep, satisfying night. Last year, I was complaining because there were not enough blonde country gals...

And, the one who made it to "Hollywood," forgot her lines.

But, this year... too many blondes!

Now I find myself longing for another Melinda!

Go figger. :confused:

Um...seriously? There is absolutely 100 percent no such thing as "too many blondes!"

Please retract this statement ASAP. TIA.

Where did they say they were going next week?

San Diego

schnooks1
01-17-2008, 10:17 AM

Yep that guy with the feathers.. Simon's "brother" was a trip.

What about the guy with the wet armpits and the walking the circles.. warming up his voice. OMG.. my husband and I were crying we laughed so hard. But you know these people actually have those in their lives that say they love them and then tell them ..."YUP you can sing REAL good... go give 'er a try!! IN FRONT OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE!" Gotta wonder!!

That model guy was pretty cute.. but his new wife could not sing. Love was a blind, and deaf moment there!!

Broncolingus
01-17-2008, 10:19 AM

What about the guy with the wet armpits and the walking the circles.. warming up his voice. OMG.. my husband and I were crying we laughed so hard. But you know these people actually have those in their lives that say they love them and then tell them ..."YUP you can sing REAL good... go give 'er a try!! IN FRONT OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE!" Gotta wonder!!

That model guy was pretty cute.. but his new wife could not sing. Love was a blind, and deaf moment there!!

Crap..was that on last night?!

I missed it...darn it!

Oh well, I'll just have to settle for the update from Schnooks...

MOtorboat
01-17-2008, 10:26 AM

Yeah, the wife should think about modeling, not singing...

That poor guy. I feel so bad for the idiots who believe their family members and then come try out.

...What about the guy who's father had the locket and he had the key, and he wasn't going to even KISS a girl until his wedding day! GHEY!

schnooks1
01-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Crap..was that on last night?!

I missed it...darn it!

Oh well, I'll just have to settle for the update from Schnooks...

Oh come on you watched it!! I know you did. You sit on the couch with your hands over your eyes peeking through your fingers! :spy:

You can catch up next week... it all looks the same right now! Fun, yet repetative! Some good, some funny, some crazy! Pretty much sums it up. I didn't see anyone I would bet money on yet though!

Watchthemiddle
01-17-2008, 11:34 AM
I haven't watched last nights yet, but I can only think of 2 that stuck out from tuesday night.

I really don't like this part of the season. Get me to L.A. and then it gets good.

Jody
01-17-2008, 11:14 PM
I haven't watched last nights yet, but I can only think of 2 that stuck out from tuesday night.

I really don't like this part of the season. Get me to L.A. and then it gets good.

What? You're not looking forward to seeing the talent pulled from Omaha? :D
Hey....we'll have people come to Omaha by the tens of thousands from LA. :laugh: So when you see lousy singing....it's probably not someone from Nebraska, it's probably a hick from Arkansas or better yet, a Yuppie from LA trying out IN Omaha. I think this is just about as big as the Superbowl. :rolleyes: :D

I sing an amazing "I'm a Little Tea Pot"....really, it would give you 'chills'. :cool:

Jody
01-17-2008, 11:18 PM
Oh come on you watched it!! I know you did. You sit on the couch with your hands over your eyes peeking through your fingers! :spy:

You can catch up next week... it all looks the same right now! Fun, yet repetative! Some good, some funny, some crazy! Pretty much sums it up. I didn't see anyone I would bet money on yet though!

I just saw ONE girl sing, long brunette hair, and she looked like she was 'in shock' with stage fright and mental issues. She was emotionally crushed, trying to hold back the tears, when Simon told her "Really, that was just awful." I just don't understand how people do not see this about themselves prior to getting on stage. Some are attention needy, but others really do not know they have no talent. I often wonder if they have some cruel people in their lives that say, "You're terrific, you ought to try out on American Idol!" :D

Uncle Buck
01-17-2008, 11:22 PM
Um...seriously? There is absolutely 100 percent no such thing as "too many blondes!"

Please retract this statement ASAP. TIA.

San Diego

OK, Mister Guitar Man... In the spirit of Bill Clinton, I hereby state that there are some things in my life that I'm not proud of. And, dissin'--or placing a quota on blondes--was one of my biggest mistakes.

Better? :elefant:

fcspikeit
01-18-2008, 02:19 AM
I really liked the farm boy, but that's probably because my favorite music is country..

What was the deal with Simon and Paula letting the 2 crappy people through? I think Simon was trying to prove a point, that Paula always says yes when she is the deciding vote.

I'm talking about the girl who had been in the car accident and the nerdy kid with classes. They both shouldn't have made it through.. I thought the boy who had the key was better then both of them.

I can't believe some of the people that come on that show... I know some are doing it just to get air time, but it seems some really believe they can sing :eek: Can't they hear themselves? :confused:

Its really sad... Don't they have someone honest enough to tell them they suck? If they cared about them at all they would not let them go through with it. Seriously, some of those people would get chased out of a Karaoke bar.

schnooks1
01-18-2008, 04:18 AM
What? You're not looking forward to seeing the talent pulled from Omaha? :D
Hey....we'll have people come to Omaha by the tens of thousands from LA. :laugh: So when you see lousy singing....it's probably not someone from Nebraska, it's probably a hick from Arkansas or better yet, a Yuppie from LA trying out IN Omaha. I think this is just about as big as the Superbowl. :rolleyes: :D

I sing an amazing "I'm a Little Tea Pot"....really, it would give you 'chills'. :cool:

Well I am keeping my fingers cross anywho that you and I are by NO way related to anyone that is crazy from Omaha. If they are good, real good... we will be related to them okay??(:shakehands:)

schnooks1
01-18-2008, 04:22 AM
I really liked the farm boy, but that's probably because my favorite music is country..

What was the deal with Simon and Paula letting the 2 crappy people through? I think Simon was trying to prove a point, that Paula always says yes when she is the deciding vote.

I'm talking about the girl who had been in the car accident and the nerdy kid with classes. They both shouldn't have made it through.. I thought the boy who had the key was better then both of them.

I can't believe some of the people that come on that show... I know some are doing it just to get air time, but it seems some really believe they can sing :eek: Can't they hear themselves? :confused:

Its really sad... Don't they have someone honest enough to tell them they suck? If they cared about them at all they would not let them go through with it. Seriously, some of those people would get chased out of a Karaoke bar.

They let some crazy people through every year. It is kinda of like Paual and Randy's challenge to Simon, knowing of course they won't get any further! It would stiink though if they had to pay their own way to CA and had no chance!

fcspikeit
01-18-2008, 02:43 PM
They let some crazy people through every year. It is kinda of like Paual and Randy's challenge to Simon, knowing of course they won't get any further! It would stiink though if they had to pay their own way to CA and had no chance!

Well.. In both cases, Simon and Paula let them through. Normally Simon is the one saying no and Randy and Paula let them through

schnooks1
01-18-2008, 03:32 PM
Well.. In both cases, Simon and Paula let them through. Normally Simon is the one saying no and Randy and Paula let them through

That is true, maybe Simon has gotten a softer heart this year???:eek:
I doubt it!! He does know how to make $$ though and those goofy people make them some big bucks for sure!

fcspikeit
01-18-2008, 03:47 PM
That is true, maybe Simon has gotten a softer heart this year???:eek:
I doubt it!! He does know how to make $$ though and those goofy people make them some big bucks for sure!

The one guy who said, "Simon tells the truth" almost blew it! Simon said no and Randy just about said no because the guy implied Simon was the best judge.

Also, Simon Hates Country singers. If all he cared about was money he would see that the country singers from the show have out sold the others.

When Bucky & Chris got voted out last year, I didn't care to watch anymore. Both have out sold Hicks. IMO, they need to let one from every Genre through to attract the most viewers.. Yet Simon almost always says no to the country singers...

He has said he don't understand or like country music... That's fine,, but as a producer it should be more about who will sell and who will not. If you look back over the years of A.I.. Most all the country singers have gotten record deals and out sold the winners.

Who in your mind was the worst winner? I absafreakanlootly hated Fantasia! I can't believe she won :eek:

I thought Carrie was the best winner... But Kelly is right up there..

broncogirl7
01-18-2008, 03:52 PM
I didn't like Fantasia either.
Love Carrie, Kelly, and Chris. They do need to be open-minded when it comes to country. You are right about Carrie outselling the others. It's funny. If a singer can make me cry (don't ask me why), they end up winning. Most times that is...Ruben, Jordan, and Fantasia were the only ones that didn't make me cry.

fcspikeit
01-18-2008, 04:09 PM
I didn't like Fantasia either.
Love Carrie, Kelly, and Chris. They do need to be open-minded when it comes to country. You are right about Carrie outselling the others. It's funny. If a singer can make me cry (don't ask me why), they end up winning. Most times that is...Ruben, Jordan, and Fantasia were the only ones that didn't make me cry.

I don't remember Jordan... I think that was the year I didn't watch the show.

I don't know if Carrie has outsold Kelly Clarkson?

But I am also talking about the country singers who didn't win like,, Bucky, Kelly pickler, Josh Gracen, Bo,, (He is southern rock, but still signed by country label and played on country stations.)

There was an article in a magazine called the American Idol country.. There were like 12 people who have got a country record deal since leaving the show. They said, the country artists have by far outsold the others as a group. That's pretty impressive when you consider there are only 1 or maybe 2 country singers from each show....

IMO. they should let more country people through, If for nothing else because they attract a different audience. The same goes for the rockers.

If there were no Country or Rockers,, I would not watch the show. That R&B crap gets old! I liked the red head kid and Idaho Missionary boy last year better then most the R&B people and I'm not even sure what Genre they were :confused:

DallasChief
01-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Jordan was just last season.

MOtorboat
01-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Carrie Underwood is hot.

fcspikeit
01-18-2008, 04:15 PM
Jordan was just last season.

Did he win?

DallasChief
01-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Did he win?

Yes she did.

broncogirl7
01-18-2008, 04:20 PM
Yes she did.

And I still believe she shouldn't have won...It should of been Melinda Doolittle, it was her from the beginning.

DallasChief
01-18-2008, 04:21 PM
And I still believe she shouldn't have won...It should of been Melinda Doolittle, it was her from the beginning.

I wasn't too excited about anyone from last season.

fcspikeit
01-18-2008, 04:25 PM
Yes she did.

Well there you go.. I didn't watch last year because there was no one I liked :lol:

There has been so many seasons the faces start to mesh together...

Survivor is getting like that too..

DallasChief
01-18-2008, 04:26 PM
Well there you go.. I didn't watch last year because there was no one I liked :lol:

There has been so many seasons the face start to mesh together...

Survivor is getting like that too..

I gave up on Survivor two seasons ago. It just got boring.

fcspikeit
01-18-2008, 04:33 PM

I think that's what it comes down to.. Most of the people are forgettable.. Years from now I will remember "the Bird man" (Simons brother) but I wont remember who finished 3rd this year.

It would be cool if they did a "best of the novelties show" Let the Bird Man and William Hung battle it out :laugh:

broncogirl7
01-18-2008, 04:34 PM
I think that's what it comes down to.. Most of the people are forgettable.. Years from now I will remember "the Bird man" (Simons brother) but I wont remember who finished 3rd this year.

It would be cool if they did a "best of the novelties show" Let the Bird Man and William Chung battle it out :laugh:

That's actually a really good idea and it would be soooo funny.:D

fcspikeit
01-18-2008, 04:44 PM
I gave up on Survivor two seasons ago. It just got boring.

Some of the challenges are BS how they cater to certain people. Like what they did to Terry..

He was one of my favorites.. When they had them stand on the small platforms in the water, that was complete BS! He was the heaviest of the 2. There was no way he could have won that. They should have at least made the platform size according to weight.

When they do strength competitions they adjust the weight according to the weight of the people.

Terry's platform was under water while both the chick and other punk's were floating on top. It wasn't fair... To top it all off, The skinny loser guy was a yoga instructor and the girl was a dancer... There was no way Terry could have won that!

The only reason they did it was because he was winning every event. I get tired of seeing the biggest liers win.

schnooks1
01-18-2008, 05:25 PM
The one guy who said, "Simon tells the truth" almost blew it! Simon said no and Randy just about said no because the guy implied Simon was the best judge.

Also, Simon Hates Country singers. If all he cared about was money he would see that the country singers from the show have out sold the others.

When Bucky & Chris got voted out last year, I didn't care to watch anymore. Both have out sold Hicks. IMO, they need to let one from every Genre through to attract the most viewers.. Yet Simon almost always says no to the country singers...

He has said he don't understand or like country music... That's fine,, but as a producer it should be more about who will sell and who will not. If you look back over the years of A.I.. Most all the country singers have gotten record deals and out sold the winners.

Who in your mind was the worst winner? I absafreakanlootly hated Fantasia! I can't believe she won :eek:

I thought Carrie was the best winner... But Kelly is right up there..

Well Fantasia is my number one worst winner pick. Next would be Taylor Hicks and l wasn't very sold on Rubin either.

Simon does not like country but Kelly and Carrie the two that have done the BEST are both with country backgrounds. He should re-think!

I think so far Kelly Clarkson, then Carrie, for winners. I think those that should have won are Clay (even though I am not so fond of him right now, he was better than Rubin IMO), Dianna D'Garmo! Year before last Chris Doughtry should have won. But you just don't know why people vote the way they do.

MOtorboat
01-18-2008, 05:32 PM
Well Fantasia is my number one worst winner pick. Next would be Taylor Hicks and l wasn't very sold on Rubin either.

Simon does not like country but Kelly and Carrie the two that have done the BEST are both with country backgrounds. He should re-think!

I think so far Kelly Clarkson, then Carrie, for winners. I think those that should have won are Clay (even though I am not so fond of him right now, he was better than Rubin IMO), Dianna D'Garmo! Last year Chris Doughtry should have won. But you just don't know why people vote the way they do.

I think the fact that these country singers are more popular than the pop singers who come through American Idol is a reflection of the different culture surrounding Nashville and country music vs. Pop music and Detroit/Philadelphia and now New York and L.A. (And somewhat London).

I think country audiences are fully aware that their "stars" hardly ever write their own music. In fact those that do are somewhat outcast in the business and labeled rebels. Therefore, the idea of having a glorified karaoke contest to pick the next "new" thing isn't really that outlandish. On the other hand pop music tends to hide this aspect of its songwriting. Though the songwriting vein is still the same, they don't make it as known that most of the pop songs are written by different people.

There's also an aspect of hip-hop and R&B that people want their "stars" to have some sort of street cred, real or imagined. American Idol is about as far away from street cred as you can possibly get. It's hard to sell Ruben Studdard to the R&B audience when they look at him, and say, no thanks, I can get that over here, and I know he writes his own music.

Country audiences certainly care to a lesser degree about who's writing the music, because it's always been that way.

Chris Daughtry is a different animal. He entered with this idea of being a "rock" American Idol. I think he appealed to women in the 20s, 30s and 40s who still want to feel like they are rebelling by listening to his music, regardless of if he is writing his own or not (I think he is, isn't he...), it sounds rough because of his voice.

OK...no one probably cares, rant done.

Uncle Buck
01-18-2008, 05:57 PM

I liked that "beat-boxer" guy.... wonder whatever became of him?

schnooks1
01-18-2008, 06:21 PM
I liked that "beat-boxer" guy.... wonder whatever became of him?

He has been on a few shows. Blake??!! Yeah he was different, but not so sure I could see a whole concernt of his music. He was good though!

schnooks1
01-18-2008, 06:24 PM
I think the fact that these country singers are more popular than the pop singers who come through American Idol is a reflection of the different culture surrounding Nashville and country music vs. Pop music and Detroit/Philadelphia and now New York and L.A. (And somewhat London).

I think country audiences are fully aware that their "stars" hardly ever write their own music. In fact those that do are somewhat outcast in the business and labeled rebels. Therefore, the idea of having a glorified karaoke contest to pick the next "new" thing isn't really that outlandish. On the other hand pop music tends to hide this aspect of its songwriting. Though the songwriting vein is still the same, they don't make it as known that most of the pop songs are written by different people.

There's also an aspect of hip-hop and R&B that people want their "stars" to have some sort of street cred, real or imagined. American Idol is about as far away from street cred as you can possibly get. It's hard to sell Ruben Studdard to the R&B audience when they look at him, and say, no thanks, I can get that over here, and I know he writes his own music.

Country audiences certainly care to a lesser degree about who's writing the music, because it's always been that way.

Chris Daughtry is a different animal. He entered with this idea of being a "rock" American Idol. I think he appealed to women in the 20s, 30s and 40s who still want to feel like they are rebelling by listening to his music, regardless of if he is writing his own or not (I think he is, isn't he...), it sounds rough because of his voice.

I think you are right about Chris. I believe he didn't care if he really won the contest he just needed that extra boost to make it big, the recognition.

Escobar
01-18-2008, 06:28 PM
what a stupid worthless show...

schnooks1
01-18-2008, 06:36 PM
what a stupid worthless show...

Thank goodness for those remotes with channel changers on them!:laugh:

Escobar
01-18-2008, 06:47 PM
oh crap, wrong forum lol

fcspikeit
01-18-2008, 07:04 PM

Very few artist's write the own stuff anymore...

Do you really think that matters to the vas majority of those who vote?

Keep in mind, the vas majority of voters are 12 - 21.

One of the things I like about the country guys and Rockers is that they seem to know more about who they are and where their music comes from.

A lot of them can even play instruments,, Therefore I think they have a better understanding of music in general. Most the Pop and R&B singers on the show can only sing.

MOtorboat
01-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Very few artist's write the own stuff anymore...

Do you really think that matters to the vas majority of those who vote?

Keep in mind, the vas majority of voters are 12 - 21.

One of the things I like about the country guys and Rockers is that they seem to know more about who they are and where their music comes from.

A lot of them can even play instruments,, Therefore I think they have a better understanding of music in general. Most the Pop and R&B singers on the show can only sing.

No, no...sales of albums. We were talking about which of the idol winners have been successful. And all I'm saying is that in the R&B world, Jordin Sparks, Ruben Studdard, it takes some "street cred," real or imagined, even if you write your own music or not. In the country world, no one cares who writes the music, and I think the idea of a glorified Karaoke Concert to find out who gets to sell music doesn't matter in that world, and it makes it easier to sell albums. If they look good and can sing, they sell albums.

I, as a listener, care if they can write their own music. I like Carrie Underwood, but that's because she's really, really hot, not necessarily because she's some never-before-seen talent. I respect a lot of country musicians, because they are just that musicians, and not a figure head with a voice.

claymore
01-18-2008, 07:09 PM
No, no...sales of albums. We were talking about which of the idol winners have been successful. And all I'm saying is that in the R&B world, Jordin Sparks, Ruben Studdard, it takes some "street cred," real or imagined, even if you write your own music or not. In the country world, no one cares who writes the music, and I think the idea of a glorified Karaoke Concert to find out who gets to sell music doesn't matter in that world, and it makes it easier to sell albums. If they look good and can sing, they sell albums.

I, as a listener, care if they can write their own music. I like Carrie Underwood, but that's because she's really, really hot, not necessarily because she's some never-before-seen talent. I respect a lot of country musicians, because they are just that musicians, and not a figure head with a voice.
Your on the verge of getting your man card revoked MB. :eek:

MOtorboat
01-18-2008, 07:12 PM
Your on the verge of getting your man card revoked MB. :eek:

Why, because I have the ability to dissect the music industry?

claymore
01-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Why, because I have the ability to dissect the music industry?
No, cause you watch American Idol, religiously. :eek:

frauschieze
01-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Chris Daughtry was turned down for that Rock Band show they did where they were looking for a new lead singer for INXS.

Bet the guys that turned him down feel stupid now. :laugh:

Oh and for the record. I hate American Idol.

MOtorboat
01-18-2008, 07:16 PM
No, cause you watch American Idol, religiously. :eek:

No, actually, I've never watched past the first few episodes where they make fun of people.

It's not like you have to watch the show to know who friggin' wins. I hear about it all day at work...

claymore
01-18-2008, 07:18 PM
No, actually, I've never watched past the first few episodes where they make fun of people.

It's not like you have to watch the show to know who friggin' wins. I hear about it all day at work...

Ok, Ill take that, but I was concerned. :listen:

MOtorboat
01-18-2008, 07:20 PM
Ok, Ill take that, but I was concerned. :listen:

Good God, last year when it was on...every Wednesday, "Oh, isn't Chris hot," "Oh my Gawdddd, he's so hot." "Oh, he's so hot!" "Oh, my Gawd, Chris is so GREAT!"

Good lord...SHUT UP!

Seriously I don't think he is really THAT good looking, I think it's all these middle-age women trying to feel like rebels again by swooning for the rocker.

But I've paid there asses back with talking about Carrie Underwood whenever the song comes on the office radio (which, thank God, is quite often :D)

Uncle Buck
01-18-2008, 07:41 PM
He has been on a few shows. Blake??!! Yeah he was different, but not so sure I could see a whole concernt of his music. He was good though!

Yeah, that was him--Blake. He could be cool as a front man in a band, but not solo, re, "whole concert," as you said.

But, for that matter, I could not myself sittin' thru a whole concert with Phil Collins. :cool:

claymore
01-18-2008, 07:42 PM
UB, I never thought I would see you in here. I looked up to you. :tsk:

fcspikeit
01-18-2008, 07:47 PM

Well it takes both, to have a hit record, the voice and the song. Many Artists can't write, and many writers can't sing. I always liked Nashville Star because they had to write at least one song and sing it live.

I really don't care who wrote the song,,, but it does seem like those who write their own stuff sing it with more feeling. It means something to them. That's one of the problems I have with the younger stars singing songs about life. They have never even been there.. Its just a song to them..

When someone like Garth Brooks sings "The Dance" you can tell he believes every word of the song and it truly means something to him. I'm not sure a younger artist could have pulled that off like him. Even though he didn't write the song,, He sung it like it was his life's story..

It is a gift to be able to write,, Some have it and some don't. I would rather hear a great vocal artist sing someone else's great song then have a great vocal artist sing their own crappy song :lol:

I agree that the older music buyer has less respect for the American Idol winner then they would someone who has street cred..

The funny thing is,, The younger teen generation buys the majority of R&B and Pop albums.. (Who else would by the Backstreet Boys and Britney Spears?) Rock is bought by those in their later teens and 20's. Country has only a small portion of the teen fan base. I would say a large portion of the Country music buyers are adults.

I think the reason so many of the R&B artist keep winning the show is because most the voters are kids. The funny thing is,, Why aren't them same kids buying the album of the winners? Beings those always on top of album sells are artist's like Britney Spears who's largest fan base are kids. In other words,, Kids make up the majority of album sells.

I believe the biggest reason the voters aren't buying is the length of time it takes to get the album's on the shelves. When you look at the Groups/Artist's that sell the most albums they come and go rather quickly. Like the New Kids on the Block. When I was young, all the girls loved them. Now where are they? The favorite groups of most teens change as frequently as their style, by the time the winner hits the shelves they have forgot all about them.

Those who like the Country artist's and Rockers (Adults) are more set in their music preference.

fcspikeit
01-18-2008, 07:57 PM

Your in here... :confused:

You have to keep in mind, many of us have kids and they live for American Idol...

I would rather watch American Idol then The Bachelor... My wife likes the Bachelor.. But I get all of Sunday to watch football.. ;) I guess the trade off is worth it..

slim
01-18-2008, 08:07 PM

Clay, did you watch any of the first show? I tried to...but I couldn't. The first couple of years I watched the first episodes each season and I got a chuckle out of it. But now it has gotten pretty old.

claymore
01-18-2008, 08:10 PM
Clay, did you watch any of the first show? I tried to...but I couldn't. The first couple of years I watched the first episodes each season and I got a chuckle out of it. But now it has gotten pretty old.Nope. I had sex with myself instead. But, I thought of MB, If I cant get him laid, its the best I can doo. ;)

slim
01-18-2008, 08:11 PM
Nope. I had sex with myself instead. But, I thought of MB, If I cant get him laid, its the best I can doo. ;)

I thought you were going to the bar with your buddy?

Uncle Buck
01-18-2008, 09:05 PM

Oh, fret not, my good man. Even Jesus could be seen among the depraved! :D

schnooks1
01-18-2008, 10:25 PM
[QUOTE=fcspikeit;105202]Well it takes both, to have a hit record, the voice and the song. Many Artists can't write, and many writers can't sing. I always liked Nashville Star because they had to write at least one song and sing it live.

QUOTE]

Nashville Star is a great show. I love the night they have to write their own songs also! I loved the winner from last season. Her brother was great too! I haven't heard anymore from her, has she made her album yet?

fcspikeit
01-18-2008, 11:36 PM
Well it takes both, to have a hit record, the voice and the song. Many Artists can't write, and many writers can't sing. I always liked Nashville Star because they had to write at least one song and sing it live.

Nashville Star is a great show. I love the night they have to write their own songs also! I loved the winner from last season. Her brother was great too! I haven't heard anymore from her, has she made her album yet?

I really liked both of the last 2 guys.. Many of those people have been singing at bars and clubs for years. There not right out of high school like most on A.I.. They have paid their duo's, so to speek..

I haven't heard anything about her? I really don't know why it takes so long to get the album out? It seems to me, they would do a lot better with sells if they got it out asap.

I have a good idea for both Nashville Star and A.I.

They should drop the free voting and sell the single for each contestant from each week. The person that sells the least that week gets the boot. After all, its about who will sell the most albums right? They could make money off the sells too. They could charge 1.00 for each single and people could download them from their site. Or they could buy a disk for 3.00.

Sure less people would vote, But that would eliminate all these winners who can't sell albums.

MOtorboat
01-18-2008, 11:36 PM
[QUOTE=fcspikeit;105202]Well it takes both, to have a hit record, the voice and the song. Many Artists can't write, and many writers can't sing. I always liked Nashville Star because they had to write at least one song and sing it live.

QUOTE]

I haven't seen that for a long time. Do they still have it? Wasn't Miranda Lambert the winner...she's pretty hot, in that redneck, skanky kind of way...I bet she's a hoot in bed, though.

fcspikeit
01-19-2008, 01:00 AM
[QUOTE=schnooks1;105755]

I haven't seen that for a long time. Do they still have it? Wasn't Miranda Lambert the winner...she's pretty hot, in that redneck, skanky kind of way...I bet she's a hoot in bed, though.

I Believe last year was the last year.. That's what I heard anyways.

Mirande Lambert, Skanky? :confused:

When I think of skanky, Miranda Lambert don't come to mind.

To me skanky = Leaving with something you didn't have before.. Maybe that's just me :noidea:

broncogirl7
01-19-2008, 01:24 AM
Yeah, that was him--Blake. He could be cool as a front man in a band, but not solo, re, "whole concert," as you said.

But, for that matter, I could not myself sittin' thru a whole concert with Phil Collins. :cool:

A whole concert of him doing his: be bop, be bop, shubby do do stuff would drive me mad. Front man would be better.

Uncle Buck
01-19-2008, 01:34 AM
A whole concert of him doing his: be bop, be bop, shubby do do stuff would drive me mad. Front man would be better.

What are you still doin' up? <g>

broncogirl7
01-19-2008, 01:36 AM
What are you still doin' up? <g>

I can't sleep. I have to do some more research and I really don't think I will accomplish much more than I have done already. :D
But it's fun pretending I will..
Hey...what are you still doing up???

Uncle Buck
01-19-2008, 01:48 AM
I can't sleep. I have to do some more research and I really don't think I will accomplish much more than I have done already. :D
But it's fun pretending I will..
Hey...what are you still doing up???

So starkly honest of you. I like that.

Actually, I did not set out to accomplish anything for this evening. And, thus, Mission Unaccomplished. :D

broncogirl7
01-19-2008, 01:57 AM
Funny...I am forcing myself to watch my missed episode of Grey's Anatomy while the house is quiet.

Bronco9798
01-22-2008, 07:05 PM
On tonight at 7:00 pm cst.

broncogirl7
01-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Can't wait...San Diego tonight.:elefant:

schnooks1
01-22-2008, 07:11 PM
Can't wait...San Diego tonight.:elefant:

I know me too!! I will be glad once we get to the top 12! Then it gets real good!!

fcspikeit
01-22-2008, 07:42 PM
I know me too!! I will be glad once we get to the top 12! Then it gets real good!!

I don't know, I actualy like the show better now. Its funny watching all the terrible people's hopes get crushed by the reality known as Simon Cowell :laugh:

When they get to the actual competition part you have to hear all the crappy contestant while you wait for the 1 or 2 that is worth listening too.

Broncoschic7
01-22-2008, 08:46 PM
Okay, tonight, IMO, hasn't been quite as entertaining. There have been some highly interestingly odd characters so far tonight ?

I usally get a kick out of some of the craziness but I enjoy the later part of the season when it gets down to the nitty gritty the best.

broncosfanscott
01-24-2008, 04:47 PM
I don't know, I actualy like the show better now. Its funny watching all the terrible people's hopes get crushed by the reality known as Simon Cowell :laugh:

When they get to the actual competition part you have to hear all the crappy contestant while you wait for the 1 or 2 that is worth listening too.

I hear ya. I love watching the people who think they can sing. It cracks me up to see those who can't sing argue with the judges that they can. And some of their outfits, they think it is halloween. :rolleyes:

Broncospsycho77
01-24-2008, 04:50 PM
American Idol is pretty gay. I'm glad it doesn't come on before new episodes of House anymore.:rolleyes:

Rex
01-24-2008, 04:57 PM
American Idol is pretty gay. I'm glad it doesn't come on before new episodes of House anymore.:rolleyes:

I guess unless somone tapes you to your chair and forces you to watch, then you can pretty much ignore this thread.

tia

Broncoschic7
02-05-2008, 09:20 PM
Any one who watched idol tonight ,,,?? who might know what the last song the british sounding kid sang of Cold Play ?

broncogirl7
02-05-2008, 10:31 PM
Any one who watched idol tonight ,,,?? who might know what the last song the british sounding kid sang of Cold Play ?

Damn...I was trying to think of the name also. Let me know if you figure it out. I'll replay it later if noone knows.

DallasChief
02-06-2008, 10:08 AM
He didn't sing Cold Play. He sang a song that he wrote and then he sang "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol.

fcspikeit
02-14-2008, 11:27 AM
They cut 2 of my favorite people last night :tsk:

They never even showed the country guy in Hollywood. I think he went through on the first day.

The other was the guy who lives in his car.

They both were different, Maybe they wouldn't have won but it is nice to see a variety of people get through. There is only a couple contestants that I like now. I hate watching the show to see 10 people sing the same crap just to see the 1 or 2 you like. At least if they are different they are worth watching.

The best seasons has been when they bring someone through from every genre. You would think they would have learned that.

broncogirl7
02-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Mine too. I wanted them both to go through and I was so sad about the boy in the car. Broke my heart.

fcspikeit
02-14-2008, 01:00 PM
Mine too. I wanted them both to go through and I was so sad about the boy in the car. Broke my heart.

The worst thing about it is that they never even showed the country singer. Was he good, bad who knows?

They let through 3 or 4 guys who were not that good. Like the dude with the dreads. Never seen him sing either. The last blond kid they let through was not that good either.

I really liked the Kid with the English accent. He had a really unique voice. Even his last performance that they didn't like wasn't that bad. They showed him all through the show, then they boot him off, how dumb is that? They should have shown us all the contestants that made it. At least we would have known what they did to get there.

Maybe if people complain enough they will bring them 2 back as a viewer's choice or something?

Blue_Aura
02-14-2008, 02:28 PM
The guy with the dreads wasnt that good i agree. My daughter on the other hand thought he was awesome. And when Josiah left (car boy) i cried like a baby. He was my favorite. So now I have the nurse picked to win. There was one guy on there that is a Bucky/Bo Bice wanna be... cant remember if he got in or not.. LOVE the guy from Australia tho and the Irish girl

fcspikeit
02-14-2008, 04:28 PM
The guy with the dreads wasnt that good i agree. My daughter on the other hand thought he was awesome. And when Josiah left (car boy) i cried like a baby. He was my favorite. So now I have the nurse picked to win. There was one guy on there that is a Bucky/Bo Bice wanna be... cant remember if he got in or not.. LOVE the guy from Australia tho and the Irish girl

I also really like the guy from Australia.. There were 2 guys like Bucky/bo Bice. One got the boot and the other made it through.. I believe the one with the bandanna made it through.

I am really shocked Josiah got cut. He was one of a kind. IMO They need people like that on the show.

My wife really liked the 16 year old with the squeaky voice. I thought he was OK. The back up singer was crying when he was singing, must be a chick thing? :lol:

Blue_Aura
02-14-2008, 04:47 PM
I also really like the guy from Australia.. There were 2 guys like Bucky/bo Bice. One got the boot and the other made it through.. I believe the one with the bandanna made it through.

I am really shocked Josiah got cut. He was one of a kind. IMO They need people like that on the show.

My wife really liked the 16 year old with the squeaky voice. I thought he was OK. The back up singer was crying when he was singing, must be a chick thing? :lol:

Josiah was my absolute favorite and i will always be pissed he didnt make it.. I really like the girl whose dad died too but i cant remember her name... the rocker Nurse is my absolute favorite this season tho

fcspikeit
02-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Josiah was my absolute favorite and i will always be pissed he didnt make it.. I really like the girl whose dad died too but i cant remember her name... the rocker Nurse is my absolute favorite this season tho

I like her too. But I wonder how she will do with the different genre's?

She always sounds the same. She is a nice change from the norm for sure.. But I don't know if I could listen to a whole CD of hers. Her voice might get annoying after a while...

It will be interesting to see her sing each week. I am glad she made it. If her and the Australian guy get kicked off the show there will be little reason for me to watch anymore. Most everyone else is a lot of the same. Mostly R&B, I don't particularly like R&B espcialy the new stuff. I hate how they always murder the song's with all the OO's and Yeaaaah's.. :rolleyes:

The funny thing is, The judges really like the R&B singers, espcialy Randy. All the R&B winners have done next to nothing. How is it that the judges can love someone so much, yet America won't buy their CD's? Maybe they should get some judges that actualy know what good music is?

IMO Fantasia has to be one of the worst contestants to ever make it through. The judges loved her! They talked everyone into voting for her and she won. I would just as soon listen to static as listen to her sing again.

MOtorboat
02-14-2008, 05:08 PM
I like her too. But I wonder how she will do with the different genre's?

She always sounds the same. She is a nice change from the norm for sure.. But I don't know if I could listen to a whole CD of hers. Her voice might get annoying after a while...

It will be interesting to see her sing each week. I am glad she made it. If her and the Australian guy get kicked off the show there will be little reason for me to watch anymore. Most everyone else is a lot of the same. Mostly R&B, I don't particularly like R&B espcialy the new stuff. I hate how they always murder the song's with all the OO's and Yeaaaah's.. :rolleyes:

The funny thing is, The judges really like the R&B singers, espcialy Randy. All the R&B winners have done next to nothing. How is it that the judges can love someone so much, yet America won't buy their CD's? Maybe they should get some judges that actualy know what good music is?

IMO Fantasia has to be one of the worst contestants to ever make it through. The judges loved her! They talked everyone into voting for her and she won. I would just as soon listen to static as listen to her sing again.

Let's be honest...these artists aren't in this thing to put out albums, they are in it to put out singles. Sure, the natural tendency of any artist is to put out an album, but pop singers are all about singles. I think she'd be good for a few singles...

DallasChief
02-14-2008, 05:09 PM
Nobody buys albums anymore. There is no money in albums.

Rex
02-14-2008, 05:12 PM
Let's be honest...these artists aren't in this thing to put out albums, they are in it to put out singles. Sure, the natural tendency of any artist is to put out an album, but pop singers are all about singles. I think she'd be good for a few singles...

They are in it for fame period. Singles. Albums. Whatever. They want a foot in the door.