PDA

View Full Version : O-line Vs. Brady

sanluis
01-14-2008, 02:31 PM
All the talking heads seem to be tripping over themselves crowning Brady as the Goat and pointing to him and the 17-0 record. Well I would submit for discussion that Brady is not the reason NE is 17-0. The O-line deserves the credit. They are flat out amazing. Tom walks off the field with a clean shirt and has more time than any QB in the NFL to throw the ball. They pick up stunts and work as one. They are the true reason for the Pats success. Not pretty boy Tom or all the " skill" players on the team. It is the O-line.

But Tom set the TD record!! So what! That record is so much easier now. The way the D is hand cuffed with strict pass interference calls and holding calls. We really aren't comparing apples to apples.

The Pats O-line holds!! It's not holding if you don't get caught. I bet Billy B has a huge library..totally legal ... of all the refs. I bet he goes over in detail what the refs tend to call. Then the line men take what they are given. They know the refs tendencies before the game even starts.

So Brady ain't all that. The O-line is IMO!

BOSSHOGG30
01-14-2008, 02:39 PM
All I know if Brady has all freaking day to pass... The o-line might be good, but I doubt they are that good. They have to be holding.

sanluis
01-14-2008, 02:50 PM
All I know if Brady has all freaking day to pass... The o-line might be good, but I doubt they are that good. They have to be holding.

Sure they hold. All lines do at times. But they are so good that they almost never get caught. Many teams play to what the refs give them. And the Pats O-line knows what it can take and what it can't. Another factor in what makes them so much better than other teams this year IMO.

Skinny
01-14-2008, 03:03 PM
Could'nt agree more san. I was real suprised how well they handled JVilles D-line this past weekend. One of the better front fours they played this season and the did a masterful job ...

sanluis
01-14-2008, 03:07 PM
Could'nt agree more san. I was real suprised how well they handled JVilles D-line this past weekend. One of the better front fours they played this season and the did a masterful job ...

It was scary how long Tom had to throw the ball against the Jags. It looked like he could sit back make a sandwich back there and then throw the ball. :shocked::lol:

Skinny
01-14-2008, 03:13 PM
It was scary how long Tom had to throw the ball against the Jags. It looked like he could sit back make a sandwich back there and then throw the ball. :shocked::lol:
Yeah, but i did see Brady get a case of 'happy-feet' at times too. Something i never see from him. Maybe the pressure is starting to catch up with him a little bit ... maybe not. But i did notice it a bit ...

Broncolingus
01-14-2008, 04:13 PM
All the talking heads seem to be tripping over themselves crowning Brady as the Goat and pointing to him and the 17-0 record. Well I would submit for discussion that Brady is not the reason NE is 17-0. The O-line deserves the credit. They are flat out amazing. Tom walks off the field with a clean shirt and has more time than any QB in the NFL to throw the ball. They pick up stunts and work as one. They are the true reason for the Pats success. Not pretty boy Tom or all the " skill" players on the team. It is the O-line.

But Tom set the TD record!! So what! That record is so much easier now. The way the D is hand cuffed with strict pass interference calls and holding calls. We really aren't comparing apples to apples.

The Pats O-line holds!! It's not holding if you don't get caught. I bet Billy B has a huge library..totally legal ... of all the refs. I bet he goes over in detail what the refs tend to call. Then the line men take what they are given. They know the refs tendencies before the game even starts.

Yeah...I'm sure Philleep Rivers could have led NE to a 17-0 record.

Brady is the second best QB ever behind John Elway at this point in my mind.

omac
01-15-2008, 01:12 AM

I agree with you, that offensive line is awesome, and now, so are his receiving targets. But Brady is that good, because he does deliver and perform at such a high level.

Funny you mention that, though, as Rivers has a fine offensive line, a future HOF rb, another potential HOF te, and an excellent defense behind him too, yet a lot of times this season, he played like crap. With his line, and the defense focusing most of their effort on LT, what's his excuse?

So although Brady does have that great line, he performs at a high level; most quarterbacks, especially Rivers, wouldn't look half as good even with that great line.

SD's defense should test Brady, though; I also have seen him crouch to the ground anticipating a hit, way before the hit comes.

Escobar
01-15-2008, 01:15 AM
who do you think is going to win the afc? Not who you want to win.......who do you think is going to win?

topscribe
01-15-2008, 01:56 AM

Brady has probably the best O-line in the league. They also have probably
the best receiving corps in the league, including not only WRs but also one
of the finest TE groups. Throw in Mauroney.

Hell, Brady's mother would be a good QB there.

-----

omac
01-15-2008, 02:24 AM
who do you think is going to win the afc? Not who you want to win.......who do you think is going to win?

NE is gonna win it. Like I said before, SD's had a pretty favorable draw ... they faced Tennessee instead of Jacksonville, then they faced Indy instead of NE. Indy has looked vulnerable this season with their injuries to key players, but they've found ways to win. If there was a team that in the AFC that I thought would have a good chance of beating NE, it was Jacksonville. GB does have what it takes to beat NE in the Superbowl. Then all the guys clamoring for Favre to retire would look real stupid. :D

sanluis
01-15-2008, 12:15 PM

The Pats are like 15 point favorites. Rivers, LT, Gates, Jamal, Lo Neil, Kaeding, and Cro are all hurt for the Chargers. It would be very unrealistic to think the Chargers have a chance in hell to win this games.:lol:

But....
I still hope we surprise the world and win. Piss-off all the networks and knock off god's team. It would have to be the biggest upset ever!! :D

MNPatsFan
01-15-2008, 02:17 PM
It would have to be the biggest upset ever!! :DNo, that happened last year when the HUGE underdog Patriots knocked off the 14-2 and Super Bowl bound Chargers!:laugh::laugh: j/k

It would be a HUGE upset. None the less, I'm a little nervous about the game because the Chargers are on quite a roll and seem to have some karma on their side the way they managed to beat the Colts despite all the injuries to key players during the game.:salute:

Medford Bronco
01-15-2008, 02:26 PM
No, that happened last year when the HUGE underdog Patriots knocked off the 14-2 and Super Bowl bound Chargers!:laugh::laugh: j/k

It would be a HUGE upset. None the less, I'm a little nervous about the game because the Chargers are on quite a roll and seem to have some karma on their side the way they managed to beat the Colts despite all the injuries to key players during the game.:salute:

MN it was not that huge, the Pats were getting only like 6 pts and were 12-4 lol jk

I would love it, sorry but you know how Med feels. I have more affinity for the Red Patriots teams from yesteryear when the fans here were not all arrogant like they are now. just see www.bostonhearld.com

for the jerk Gerry calahans article, on saying SD should not show up, what a jerk he is.
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/5433/sports01152008ss7.jpg

sanluis
01-15-2008, 02:31 PM
No, that happened last year when the HUGE underdog Patriots knocked off the 14-2 and Super Bowl bound Chargers!:laugh::laugh: j/k

LOL!! This game might come down to the Chargers fielding a pre-season team going against the 17-0 Pats! If it was any other team I would hope that they would look past us. But old Billy will have them ready.

It would be a Huge upset!!!!:lol:

nice sig!! :eek: