PDA

View Full Version : Really, how truly pathetic was our D response to that fake field goal?

scott.475
11-15-2009, 05:39 PM
Not only did they TOTALLY telegraph the play before the timeout when their #6 ran out to the left side of the line before the timeout, but then the play itself had to have been one of the slowest developing fakes I have ever seen, and our guys were just standing there enjoying the view. Horrid. But honestly, I can't believe we got an actual preview of what the play was going to be before the timeout and had NO response to it when it actually happened. Unreal!

Dean
11-15-2009, 05:51 PM
Trick plays are called that for a reason. A coach sees on video that the defense does not carry out their assignments. This allows an opportunity for misdirection to give the offense a chance at a huge play.

ikillz0mbies
11-15-2009, 05:51 PM
Absolutely. Team fell asleep, especially Smith who let Sellers go right by him. Just a pathetic outing as a team.

shank
11-15-2009, 05:52 PM
i think they were expecting a punt, not a fake. smith was back ready to field the punt.

broken12
11-15-2009, 06:30 PM
lol what a joke why not take the timeout there poor coaching in my opinion

weazel
11-15-2009, 06:44 PM
our D was stug-ell-ing

LordTrychon
11-15-2009, 06:51 PM
Yeah, I was not very happy with our response to that, but I shrugged it off, as I still thought we were going to pull it off. That was before the injury. :ugh:

KCL
11-15-2009, 08:30 PM
So what happened? I didn't get the game here in KC...Orton got hurt? How?

TXBRONC
11-15-2009, 08:30 PM
i think they were expecting a punt, not a fake. smith was back ready to field the punt.

He looked like he only back at about the depth of shot gun formation.

GEM
11-15-2009, 08:32 PM
So what happened? I didn't get the game here in KC...Orton got hurt? How?

Orton was inside the 10 yrd line, couldn't find a receiver and was running down the middle. They tackled him and when they did that, they kind of rolled his ankle.

KCL
11-15-2009, 08:39 PM
Orton was inside the 10 yrd line, couldn't find a receiver and was running down the middle. They tackled him and when they did that, they kind of rolled his ankle.

Ouch...is he expected to miss more games? and when did that happen? at the beginning of the game?

Denver Native (Carol)
11-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Trick plays are called that for a reason. A coach sees on video that the defense does not carry out their assignments. This allows an opportunity for misdirection to give the offense a chance at a huge play.

GEEZ - you would have to interject common sense here ;)

TXBRONC
11-15-2009, 08:41 PM

Someone mentioned that Orton was on crutches but when after the game? Because at the start of second have I saw him walking around. One of his ankles was heavily taped but he seemed to be moving ok given the circumstances.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-15-2009, 08:48 PM
Ouch...is he expected to miss more games? and when did that happen? at the beginning of the game?

Probably something that is day to day. No official report yet. It happened just before the 1st half ended - at that time, the Broncos were up 17 - 14.

KCL
11-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Probably something that is day to day. No official report yet. It happened just before the 1st half ended - at that time, the Broncos were up 17 - 14.

I watched the Vikes/Lions game and they were flashing the scores and I was surprised that Denver lost.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-15-2009, 08:53 PM
I watched the Vikes/Lions game and they were flashing the scores and I was surprised that Denver lost.

First - CONGRATS to you on KC's win :salute: After Orton got injured and could not play in the second half, things went in the toilet real quick :tsk:

KCL
11-15-2009, 09:01 PM
First - CONGRATS to you on KC's win :salute: After Orton got injured and could not play in the second half, things went in the toilet real quick :tsk:

Thanks Carol...I was joking around with DS about it...:D

what about your D giving up 27 points...sometimes I guess a not so good team can catch ya.

Peerless
11-15-2009, 09:11 PM
I thought Marcus Thomas looked absolutely pathetic on that play.

broncohead
11-15-2009, 09:18 PM
Thanks Carol...I was joking around with DS about it...:D

what about your D giving up 27 points...sometimes I guess a not so good team can catch ya.

The second half would have been different if Orton was in. The Redskins where able to hold the ball for over 20 minutes because we couldn't keep drives alive.

KCL
11-15-2009, 09:22 PM
The second half would have been different if Orton was in. The Redskins where able to hold the ball for over 20 minutes because we couldn't keep drives alive.

No running game?

elsid13
11-15-2009, 09:56 PM

Yeah because you always want a NT 40 yards down field in pass coverage.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-15-2009, 09:59 PM
No running game?

Everything working in 1st half - NOTHING working in 2nd half :tsk:

Gamechanger
11-15-2009, 10:06 PM
Hunter does have an arm somewhat, he was our emergency QB

Dortoh
11-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Honestly all I could do was laugh. I mean they ****** up their own fake fg the first time and had to take a timeout. Then run the exact same play for a 40 yard TD LMAO sometimes you have to just laugh so you dont cry.

Dortoh
11-16-2009, 11:01 AM
Hunter does have an arm somewhat, he was our emergency QB

His bomb did look much prettier then either of Ortons :tsk:

Dortoh
11-16-2009, 11:06 AM

Um Marcus was the only Bronco on the field that saw it coming and did everything he could to get our rookie mini nickle (first round pick) corner to wake the **** up and cover the guy running down the field by himself.

Just saying.

Ravage!!!
11-16-2009, 11:26 AM

at the same time, this was the defense that was completely shutting teams down on third down, and getting the OTHER team's offense off the field. Going into this game, the Redskins were known to have a good defense and a pathetic offense. That pathetic offense ran down our throats.