PDA

View Full Version : You Never Know What You Have Until It Is Gone

getlynched47
11-15-2009, 05:19 PM
I can't believe I missed Kyle Orton...but Chris Simms made JaMarcus Russell look like Peyton Manning.

Is there any more doubt that Kyle Orton gives us the best chance to win???

Let's hope he recovers quickly. We'll need him next week.

In the words of MHR:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/11/15/1158510/broncos-display-a-team-effort-in

Kyle Orton was under the microscope so much this past week that many - including Woody Paige - were asking for Chris Simms to get his shot this weekend against the Redskins. Karma has a funny way of screwing with you.

As for karma? There is no time in the NFL for 'I told ya so's. Kyle Orton is the starting quarterback of the Denver Broncos for a reason - unfortunately that reason was found out the hard way.

All is not lost, Broncos fans, far from it. The Broncos still control their destiny - whatever that may be

Simms sucks. Face it. And Brett Kern is obviously the most important player in the entire NFL.

With Kern we were 6-0
Without Kern we are 0-3

With Kern the Titans are 3-0
Without Kern the Titans are 0-6

Cutting Kern was the worst move in the history of the NFL

sarcasm regarding Kern

:mad:

Northman
11-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Still dont understand the Punter move. Dumb dumb dumb

scott.475
11-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Until Simms plays that bad as the full time starter I think comparisons to Russell are a little unjustified.

We have just imploded in all aspects since the bye. Very, very frustrating. Berger had one good punt, thanks to a good roll, but that guy has got to go. I can't remember one of our punters taking so long to boot the ball.

Our D is suddenly failing badly. Once they get rocked on their heels they have no ability to recover. I was wondering today if it might not be better to have Nolan on the sideline so HE can gather his unit together when they are off the field and help get their heads straight.

Honestly, right now I fear playing the Chiefs and Raiders. If we can't beat the lowly Redskins I honestly think all bets are off. Honestly, I am not saying that to be dramatic.

ikillz0mbies
11-15-2009, 05:36 PM
I'm just wondering, would this game be classified as a trap game?

horsepig
11-15-2009, 05:38 PM
I can't believe I missed Kyle Orton...but Chris Simms made JaMarcus Russell look like Peyton Manning.

Is there any more doubt that Kyle Orton gives us the best chance to win???

Let's hope he recovers quickly. We'll need him next week.

In the words of MHR:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/11/15/1158510/broncos-display-a-team-effort-in

Simms sucks. Face it. And Brett Kern is obviously the most important player in the entire NFL.

With Kern we were 6-0
Without Kern we are 0-3

With Kern the Titans are 3-0
Without Kern the Titans are 0-6

Cutting Kern was the worst move in the history of the NFL

sarcasm regarding Kern

:mad:

Ridiculous but, still a legitimate stat.

hotcarl
11-15-2009, 05:42 PM

no it would be classified as a crap game

dunk7
11-15-2009, 10:48 PM
While I agree that it appears that Kyle gives us the best chance of winning...I don't think that is saying much.

MOtorboat
11-15-2009, 10:49 PM
While I agree that it appears that Kyle gives us the best chance of winning...I don't think that is saying much.

Clearly...

An almost perfect QB rating isn't even good enough for you.

dunk7
11-15-2009, 11:00 PM
Clearly...

An almost perfect QB rating isn't even good enough for you.

How'd he do against the Ravens and Steelers...or for that matter the Bengals, Cleveland and Oakland?

Lonestar
11-15-2009, 11:03 PM
How'd he do against the Ravens and Steelers...or for that matter the Bengals, Cleveland and Oakland?

was 3-2 in those games and 3-0 against SAN, DAL, and NE?

what did you expect..

MOtorboat
11-15-2009, 11:03 PM

No, I got it.

He sucks.

11-18 193, 2 TDs.

Terrible. Absolutely terrible.

dunk7
11-15-2009, 11:07 PM
There is really no point conversing with you, is there? I guess we'll see how many Pro Bowl votes Orton gets.

MOtorboat
11-15-2009, 11:09 PM
There is really no point conversing with you, is there? I guess we'll see how many Pro Bowl votes Orton gets.

Yup, judged on Pro Bowls...that gets you tons of wins.

Like you said, no point conversing...

topscribe
11-15-2009, 11:09 PM

Don't go putting it all on Mo. Seems a lot of people disagree with you . . .

-----

Ravage!!!
11-15-2009, 11:12 PM

No no no.... can't. People vowed we would no longer fall to the 'trap games.'

dunk7
11-15-2009, 11:18 PM
Don't go putting it all on Mo. Seems a lot of people disagree with you . . .

-----
I actually encourage this banter but it gets frustrating when you try and make a point and the only response is 11-18 2 TD's...Orton has been average to pathetic in 5 of 9 games this year.

topscribe
11-15-2009, 11:22 PM
I actually encourage this banter but it gets frustrating when you try and make a point and the only response is 11-18 2 TD's...Orton has been average to pathetic in 5 of 9 games this year.

This "average" thing keeps getting thrown around.

This is the NFL: If Orton is "average," then he's a pretty good player . . .

Regarding "pathetic," that is very subjective. One taking a shallow look might
blame the problems in a given game all on the QB. One taking a more perspicacious
look will be able to consider alllllll the factors and come up with logical reasons . ..

-----

Lonestar
11-15-2009, 11:27 PM

blame the problems in a given game all on the QB. One taking a more perspicacious
look will be able to consider alllllll the factors and come up with logical reasons . ..

-----

but that would mean logical thought not going to happen with this one..:laugh:

Denver Native (Carol)
11-15-2009, 11:37 PM

I imagine it is pretty clear to all what your point of bashing Kyle is getting at, and if Kyle has been average to pathetic this year so far, your boy has totally fallen off the map - totally disappeared.

rcsodak
11-15-2009, 11:42 PM

3-2. Any more questions? :confused:

rcsodak
11-15-2009, 11:43 PM

Pro Bowler Cutler is suuuuuuuure tearing up the league....... :coffee:

GEM
11-15-2009, 11:44 PM

So a QB's talent is based on some popularity contest? :laugh: How many Pro Bowls has one Mr. Jay Cutler been to? And while you look that up, look up his stats in that ONE game. He sucked.

GEM
11-15-2009, 11:45 PM

That average to pathetic has gotten wins. Where has great gotten Cutler in the W-L record?

Denver Native (Carol)
11-15-2009, 11:48 PM
Pro Bowler Cutler is suuuuuuuure tearing up the league....... :coffee:

He could be considered the most friendly QB so far this year - he's passing the ball to whoever - whether they are on his team or on the other team. What a great guy.

rcsodak
11-15-2009, 11:48 PM

And NOT including the Wash game, is 6-2. So AGAIN, what's your point?

Maybe you could learn an entirely new offensive scheme/playbook, on an entirely new team, and play better?

Of course, that's rhetorical, because the answer would be a resounding NOT!

But keep passing judgement on a model player you can't hold a candle to if it'll make you feel/sleep better.

Iron Horse72
11-16-2009, 12:37 AM
If it's a 1st degree sprain it'll be a couple of weeks, I'm no doctor but it's happend to me playing hoops and it's no joke.

Just thinking of Simms as the stater makes me want to cry, but who knows maybe he gets it together.

topscribe
11-16-2009, 01:05 AM
If it's a 1st degree sprain it'll be a couple of weeks, I'm no doctor but it's happend to me playing hoops and it's no joke.

Just thinking of Simms as the stater makes me want to cry, but who knows maybe he gets it together.

Orton played about half the season last year on a high ankle sprain. If he is
able to again this year, one thing to keep in mind is that he wasn't nearly as
good during that half as he was the first (healthy) seven games because he
could not drive off his plant foot as well when he passed to provide the same
velocity on the ball, and he was not nearly as mobile as before--he did not
have the same lateral capabilities to slip and slide in the pocket that we have
been seeing from him this year.

The only reason he kept playing is because Orton with a high ankle sprain was
better than a healthy Grossman. We might be in the same predicament this
year with those backing him up . . .

-----

sneakers
11-16-2009, 01:29 AM
He shaved, right?

That neckbeard was the onlything holding his ankle together....think he can grow a new one before next sunday?

sneakers
11-16-2009, 01:31 AM

-----

Yes, an average starting NFL quarterback is pretty damn good

dogfish
11-16-2009, 02:41 AM

yea, because we all know THAT'S the measure of a good QB, right?

:rolleyes:

:lol: :doh:

come on. . . derek ****ing anderson has a pro bowl on his resume! quick, tell me how good he's doin'. . . .

and then tell me how many pro bowl votes clady got last year, when he was arguably the best tackle in the league. . .

Elevation inc
11-16-2009, 02:59 AM
screw chris simms for sucking so bad we now have orton cutler debates again....

sneakers
11-16-2009, 03:25 AM
screw chris simms for sucking so bad we now have orton cutler debates again....

I think everyone here is well passed that

edit: but still......I wonder what Brad Van Pelt is up to these days :D

ursamajor
11-16-2009, 05:04 AM
Orton played about half the season last year on a high ankle sprain. If he is
able to again this year, one thing to keep in mind is that he wasn't nearly as
good during that half as he was the first (healthy) seven games because he
could not drive off his plant foot as well when he passed to provide the same
velocity on the ball, and he was not nearly as mobile as before--he did not
have the same lateral capabilities to slip and slide in the pocket that we have
been seeing from him this year.

The only reason he kept playing is because Orton with a high ankle sprain was
better than a healthy Grossman. We might be in the same predicament this
year with those backing him up . . .

-----
Also Kampman's dirty ass reached out and gave Kyle's ankle a tug when he was at Kyle's feet and the pass was already off. Man o man was I pissed. The Refs missed it. You will be damned to find it on tape, not even the announcers caught it. It was in Kyle's first game back from the ankle injury.

champbronc2
11-16-2009, 06:38 AM
I think everyone here is well passed that

edit: but still......I wonder what Brad Van Pelt is up to these days :D

Apparently trying to make a comeback as a safety lol but nobody signed him.

In-com-plete
11-16-2009, 08:44 AM
Last season, through 9 games, we averaged 24.9 points per game.

So far this season we are averaging 18.6 points per game (including 2 special teams TDs and a defensive TD).

Take that how you want it. But sometimes "You Never Know What You Have Until It Is Gone"

Traveler
11-16-2009, 08:58 AM
Yesterdays loss was 90% on the defense. They can no longer stop the run like earlier in the season. Until they get that fixed, my concern is that our slide will continue.

The defense has given up 85 point in the last three games, while the offense has only scored 34 points during that same span.

I can't fault Chris Simms too much because he hasn't played any meaningful football for quite some time. Maybe with more reps this week he'll play better.

Doesn't look too good right now though. We could conceivably be 6-5 by the end of this month.

getlynched47
11-16-2009, 09:54 PM
Yesterdays loss was 90% on the defense. They can no longer stop the run like earlier in the season. Until they get that fixed, my concern is that our slide will continue.

The defense has given up 85 point in the last three games, while the offense has only scored 34 points during that same span.

I can't fault Chris Simms too much because he hasn't played any meaningful football for quite some time. Maybe with more reps this week he'll play better.

Doesn't look too good right now though. We could conceivably be 6-5 by the end of this month.

Actually, you can pin a lot of it on Chris Simms.

17 points in the 1st half. ZERO points in the second half.

Chris Simms only converted one third down.

The defense got worn down extremely fast because of all of Simms offensive-led three and outs.

The defense held the Redskins to 7 points in the first HALF. Special teams gave up a touchdown, that's unacceptable.

Defense was NOT "90%" to blame for the loss.

It was Chris Simms. He was totally inept, and is a ridiculously sorry excuse for a quarterback.

If Orton plays the entire game, it's a blowout. Guaranteed.

Simms is incapable of even being a backup, that's sad. He completed 3 total passes in one half of football. There's no excuse for that other than total suckage on Chris Simms' part. He shoulders the blame, whether you believe it or not.

Buff
11-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Last season, through 9 games, we averaged 24.9 points per game.

So far this season we are averaging 18.6 points per game (including 2 special teams TDs and a defensive TD).

Take that how you want it. But sometimes "You Never Know What You Have Until It Is Gone"

That's a misleading stat considering we didn't score more than 19 points in 5 of those 8 games. It was all front loaded in the first 3 games.

I'll take this offense and 6 wins through 9 games as opposed to last year's and 4.

sneakers
11-17-2009, 12:34 AM
Apparently trying to make a comeback as a safety lol but nobody signed him.

Oh yeah, that's right. I forgot about that :laugh:

In-com-plete
11-17-2009, 08:38 AM
That's a misleading stat considering we didn't score more than 19 points in 5 of those 8 games. It was all front loaded in the first 3 games.

I'll take this offense and 6 wins through 9 games as opposed to last year's and 4.

Actually Buff, we had 5 wins at this point last year.

And last season through 9 games we allowed 27.9 points per game.

This season we're allowing 16.8 points per game.

LRtagger
11-17-2009, 08:45 AM
Where us Bubby when you need him.