PDA

View Full Version : Ignore

CoachChaz
01-14-2008, 11:53 AM
Is it possible for the moderators first answer to a complaining member to be to ignore posters they don't like and to refrain from entering threads that may offend them?

I think I speak for the majority when I say that it's no fun getting posts deleted or getting warnings fo innocent comments made in jest, simply because one or two people are a little thin skinned.

No disrespect is ever intended towards them, but the complaining is silly when it can be avoided.

Ricky
01-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Sorry Coach, but wouldn't it be easier to just follow a few rules? Think about what is acceptable in a public meeting. This is not a bar, it is a public gathering place.

CoachChaz
01-14-2008, 01:00 PM
Sorry Coach, but wouldn't it be easier to just follow a few rules? Think about what is acceptable in a public meeting. This is not a bar, it is a public gathering place.

I think that is a matter of opinion. If the majority of people here look at it as a bar-like environment, then what's the problem with that? Rick, I love you man, but I think you know that most of the Freaks are more of the bar-like mentality.

Ricky
01-14-2008, 01:08 PM
I think that is a matter of opinion. If the majority of people here look at it as a bar-like environment, then what's the problem with that? Rick, I love you man, but I think you know that most of the Freaks are more of the bar-like mentality.

I agree with you 100% about that Coach. And I love you too. Truly I respect you and your opinion but is that what this site is supposed to be?

CoachChaz
01-14-2008, 01:13 PM
I appreciate that people enjoy my insight and posts (for the most part), but those are the posts in draft talk and football discussion, etc. If you want to see me at my best, go there. All I want is for people to understand that if they enter a thread about breasts or something along that line...don't expect to see the better, more serious side of me.

Ricky
01-14-2008, 01:17 PM
I appreciate that people enjoy my insight and posts (for the most part), but those are the posts in draft talk and football discussion, etc. If you want to see me at my best, go there. All I want is for people to understand that if they enter a thread about breasts or something along that line...don't expect to see the better, more serious side of me.

The problem that I see and I saw it on the Freak as well is that several members can't keep the lounge (sex) where it was. They drag it into football discussions. If it stayed in the lounge where it started, then I for one would not see it and would be much happier.

MOtorboat
01-14-2008, 01:17 PM

Well, I'm not sure we "enjoy" your "insight" or whatever, but, yeah, we "enjoy" your company for the most part...you know...

But, honestly, coach has a great point here. If the thread is in the "What's On Your Mind?" Forum and it refers to "Drunk and Bored..." There are probably to be a few off-color comments in it. I know it's hard to legislate judgment, but if someone enters said thread expecting to find a church discussion, and then report being offended by said thread, that to me is telling me that that person should have better judgment than to enter said thread.

Ricky
01-14-2008, 01:20 PM
Agreed MB, but why continue that conversation that was in the "This thread has no subject ..." into the Bronco Draft thread?

MOtorboat
01-14-2008, 01:21 PM
Hey now, draft day can get a little boring...

Ricky
01-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Just for the Jet fans.

CoachChaz
01-14-2008, 01:23 PM
I completely agree, Rick...and if I ever make any Lounge comments in a football discussion, then I deserve what I get. I have no problem with that.

However, the flip side of that coin, as MB stated, is that if someone comes into a Drunk and Bored discussion expecting to see "serious, adult conversation"...then they deserve what they get.

MOtorboat
01-14-2008, 01:24 PM
Just for the Jet fans.

Are you kidding? They always make stupid draft moves which force said Jet fan to get all drunked up. I actually encourage this, because it makes the rest of the day A.) go quicker and B.) more entertaining. It's about the same as watching the draft with a Chiefs fan.

Ricky
01-14-2008, 01:24 PM
No one deserves what they get from HD

MOtorboat
01-14-2008, 01:25 PM

LMAO...Penecilin can cure some of it.

CoachChaz
01-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Somebody had to go and drag football into this. On a Broncos forum...what are you thinking MB?

claymore
01-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Some of the whiniest posters in question followed us. I ignore one completely.

claymore
01-14-2008, 01:31 PM
What Eggs? Everybody likes eggs. :laugh:

Ricky
01-14-2008, 01:32 PM
I have used ignore for the first time on a certain person. It sure works nice.

CoachChaz
01-14-2008, 01:33 PM
What Eggs? Everybody likes eggs. :laugh:

Unless of course they are crab eggs...then you need special shampoo and no one likes that.

CoachChaz
01-14-2008, 01:33 PM
I have used ignore for the first time on a certain person. It sure works nice.

I never use it. Only 2 people have ever ticked me off, but they do that to everyone, so I take it as it comes.

Ricky
01-14-2008, 01:34 PM
I never use it. Only 2 people have ever ticked me off, but they do that to everyone, so I take it as it comes.

I don't miss seeing all of those pics in his sig.

CoachChaz
01-14-2008, 01:39 PM
I don't miss seeing all of those pics in his sig.

Now it's just money.

Ricky
01-14-2008, 01:50 PM
I see enough of that in so many other's that I don't mis his.

OB
01-14-2008, 02:50 PM
I never used the ignore - ever - but thats prolly why i got banned so much :coffee:

I just cant ignore an idiot - its just to easy a target :D

CoachChaz
01-14-2008, 02:59 PM
I never used the ignore - ever - but thats prolly why i got banned so much :coffee:

I just cant ignore an idiot - its just to easy a target :D

I love you more and more each day

OB
01-14-2008, 03:01 PM
I love you more and more each day

Hey watch it - i thought we were only "buddies" :D

Ricky
01-14-2008, 03:03 PM
Hey watch it - i thought we were only "buddies" :D

In the Navy, we used to say 'friends are friends and pals are pals; but buddies sleep together.'

OB
01-14-2008, 03:05 PM
In the Navy, we used to say 'friends are friends and pals are pals; but buddies sleep together.'

Reminds me of the song by the Village People - In the Navy :lol:

DallasChief
01-14-2008, 03:07 PM

Uh huh huh, you said "butt buddies". Uh huh huh.

http://www.criminology.fsu.edu/book/butthead2.jpg

KCL
01-14-2008, 03:14 PM

Have you ever heard what pals stands for?:laugh:

CoachChaz
01-14-2008, 03:26 PM

They also say there is no such thing as a wrong hole in the Navy.

turftoad
01-14-2008, 05:18 PM

I think its more like a bunch of friends sitting around someones livingroom watching a football game type atmosphere. Talk about football and whatever else comes to mind.

MileHighWrath
01-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Living room, jail cell, trailer park. Depends on who you happen to be conversing with at the moment/thread.

Tned
01-14-2008, 05:41 PM

What's a bar???? :confused:

I live in a dry county in Arkansas... :laugh:

MileHighWrath
01-14-2008, 05:42 PM

OMG! You do know there are choices.

MOtorboat
01-14-2008, 06:15 PM

:laugh::laugh:

That sucks!

In Missouri they sell anything and everything at grocery stores.

slim
01-14-2008, 06:17 PM

That sucks!

Same here...I never heard of a dry county until I went to Dallas last year.

MileHighWrath
01-14-2008, 06:17 PM

That sucks!

In Arizona as well. Even, or more accurately, especially in the grocery stores owned by mormons.

Ricky
01-14-2008, 06:19 PM
Try living in Utah.

slim
01-14-2008, 06:19 PM
Try living in Utah.

No thanks :lol:

MOtorboat
01-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Try living in Utah.

Yeah, I spent a week in Moab at a buddies house in college. We had to buy all of our alcohol in Grand Junction.

Funny story, we were both 21 (the other dude who was with us stayed in the car, he was 19), and we came rolling up to the counter with 4 cases of bud light, one of Corona and two six packs of Fat Tire. She looked at us, laughed and said, "I'm not even going to card you. No one under age is stupid enough to try and buy that much alcohol at one time in one store."

Ricky
01-14-2008, 06:23 PM
I would have, but I grew up in Idaho. No one ever got carded back then.

MOtorboat
01-14-2008, 06:24 PM

Well, that's what I thought too, but hey, that's what she said...

MileHighWrath
01-14-2008, 06:25 PM

I went to school at WSU when the age was 21 in WA but 19 in Idaho. That 40 miles between Pullman and Moscow was a very well traveled stretch. Thank God for Moscow Idaho!

MOtorboat
01-14-2008, 06:26 PM
Thank God for Moscow

Communist!

slim
In Arizona as well. Even, or more accurately, especially in the grocery stores owned by mormons.

How do you know which ones are owned by mormons? Just curious.

MileHighWrath
They are all called: Bashas.

slim
01-14-2008, 06:29 PM
They are all called: Bashas.

LOL...I didn't know that. I never go to Bashas. There doesn't seem to be many around (maybe more in the East Valley).

MileHighWrath
01-14-2008, 06:30 PM
They are all over the east valley and have a very nice liquor department.

Broncolingus
01-14-2008, 06:48 PM
They are all over the east valley and have a very nice liquor department.

Can you buy many wives too?

MileHighWrath
01-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Can you buy many wives too?

Only at the very remote southern Utah location.

Broncolingus
01-14-2008, 06:54 PM
Only at the very remote southern Utah location.

Mmmm...bummer.

Funny thing about the mormons (and Utah in general) folks I've known...

Most of the time, they've got good looking spouses...all the better I guess if you can score several.

Tned
01-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Try living in Utah.

They don't even sell :coffee: there...

MileHighWrath
01-14-2008, 06:57 PM
They don't even sell :coffee: there...

Did you hear that since the mormon church now owns 40+% of Coca-Cola, it's now OK for mormons to drink refrigerated caffeine.

Ricky
01-14-2008, 06:58 PM
It made the local newspapers last week that you can no longer buy Postum. For those who don't know, Postum was a caffeine free hot drink. Like a de-caff coffee.

Tned
01-14-2008, 07:00 PM
Did you hear that since the mormon church now owns 40+% of Coca-Cola, it's now OK for mormons to drink refrigerated caffeine.

:lol: didn't know that. I was basing it on about 20 years ago, when a guy from work was telling me some stuff.

MileHighWrath
01-14-2008, 07:02 PM
And they do sell coffee there now and for several years. Because while it's a sin against God to consume caffiene or alcohol, it's apparently OK to profit from the sins of others.

Day1BroncoFan
01-14-2008, 08:31 PM
I could never live any place that doesn't sell coffee. I got to have my morning coffee. :coffee:

OB
01-14-2008, 09:33 PM
And they do sell coffee there now and for several years. Because while it's a sin against God to consume caffiene or alcohol, it's apparently OK to profit from the sins of others.

Irony at its best - mormons christians catholics - so hypocritical - oh im startin to see a pattern

Broncolingus
01-14-2008, 09:37 PM
I was not happy with the 'membership' thing at most bars/clubs in downtown Salt Lake...I hate when cities do that stuff.

OB
01-14-2008, 09:40 PM
:shots: im putting Utah on my ignore :beer:

TXBRONC
01-14-2008, 09:57 PM

The Mormons have had shares in Coca Cola for decades.

Day1BroncoFan
01-14-2008, 11:10 PM
The Mormons have had shares in Coca Cola for decades.

They've been sharing coke for decades?

MileHighWrath
01-15-2008, 12:22 AM
I'd like to buy the world a coke...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDlFHEMVW-c