PDA

View Full Version : is it just me, or did Volek look better than Rivers?

weazel
01-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Volek looked like he managed the game better than Rivers. Actually, you could throw almost anyone in that offense and they could do a good job, alot of weapons.

BTW... If Turner was any kind of coach, he would sit his manchild QB down and tell him that yelling at fans and players from the sidelines is embarrassing.

NightTrainLayne
01-14-2008, 11:15 AM
Volek looked like he managed the game better than Rivers. Actually, you could throw almost anyone in that offense and they could do a good job, alot of weapons.

BTW... If Turner was any kind of coach, he would sit his manchild QB down and tell him that yelling at fans and players from the sidelines is embarrassing.

After Rivers virtually sat out the entire second half, he took it upon himself to go up to the stands and talk trash to the Indy fans. . .1st class all the way. :sarcasm:

NameUsedBefore
01-14-2008, 11:25 AM
After Rivers virtually sat out the entire second half, he took it upon himself to go up to the stands and talk trash to the Indy fans. . .1st class all the way. :sarcasm:

Rivers is classy! /Chargers fan

Broncolingus
01-14-2008, 01:11 PM
Volek looked at least AS GOOD as Rivey's...

I have no problem with BV...now, just get rid of Roid-Boy and we'll be talking turkey...

BigDaddyBronco
01-14-2008, 01:16 PM
One thing that game showed me is how good the Chargers Oline and defense are. If they can win with suspect coaching, starting QB and RB hurt. Pro-bowl TE with a messed up foot. Suspect calls from the officials.

Vincent Jackson and Chambers are pretty good as well.

I'm hoping they all had the games of their lives, because if this is indicative of the future I'm scared for my Broncos.

BOSSHOGG30
01-14-2008, 02:09 PM
98% of the NFL QB's are better than Rivers... Most over-rated QB in the NFL by far.

sanluis
01-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Man it sure is getting deep in here!! :lol: I am not surprised that there is hate for Rivers in a Bronco forum. But at least give him credit were credit is due. His smack mouth should give you plenty of ammo. You don't need to make things up about his play and Billy V. IMO. Rivers threw for 266 yards 3 touch downs with a 133 qb rating in one of the most hostel environments in football. He did this without LT, with a injured Gates on a bad knee against the defending Super Bowl Champions. His last play before his knee was re-injured went for a come from behind score at the end of the the third quarter. That is very impressive. So is the way Billy V. stepped in after Rivers went down. It was a great win and shows just how well Norv Turner has this team prepared. I was very impressed!:shocked:

So look past your hate and see the truth. Rivers plays his best in big games with hostel crowds and he is a key component to the Chargers success.

BOSSHOGG30
01-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Man it sure is getting deep in here!! :lol: I am not surprised that there is hate for Rivers in a Bronco form. But at least give him credit were credit is due. His smack mouth should give you plenty of ammo. You don't need to make things up about his play and Billy V. IMO. Rivers threw for 266 yards 3 touch downs with a 133 qb rating in one of the most hostel environments in football. He did this without LT, with a injured Gates on a bad knee against the defending Super Bowl Champions. His last play before his knee was injured went for a come from behind score at the end of the the third quarter. That is very impressive. So is the way Billy V. stepped in after Rivers went down. It was a great win and shows just how well Norv Turner has this team prepared. I was very impressed!:shocked:

So look past your hate and see the truth. Rivers plays his best in big games with hostel crowds and he is a key component to the Chargers success.

I'm sure his good play didn't have anything to do with the fact the Colts played mosly out of the 8 man front and their #1 goal was to stop the run and the fact that they were missing Freeney and Rivers had all day to throw which usually resulted in the big plays he did have. And that little flip pass to Sproles was just amazing stuff, not to many QB's in this league who can do that.

sanluis
01-14-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm sure his good play didn't have anything to do with the fact the Colts played mosly out of the 8 man front and their #1 goal was to stop the run and the fact that they were missing Freeney and Rivers had all day to throw which usually resulted in the big plays he did have. And that little flip pass to Sproles was just amazing stuff, not to many QB's in this league who can do that.

Come on Boss, don't just pick one play. How many third downs did Rivers convert? The three tds were impressive the Sproles throw being the easiest. Wasn't the defensive MVP out there playing? Weren't all their starters but Freeney back rested and healthy? Rivers made plays. The Colts played a D that wanted to take the running game away. And Rivers made them pay over and over again. The Colts keyed on the run I am not going to deny that. And dared Rivers to make plays. And he did!

BOSSHOGG30
01-14-2008, 03:07 PM
Come on Boss, don't just pick one play. How many third downs did Rivers convert? The three tds were impressive the Sproles throw being the easiest. Wasn't the defensive MVP out there playing? Weren't all their starters but Freeney back rested and healthy? Rivers made plays. The Colts played a D that wanted to take the running game away. And Rivers made them pay over and over again. The Colts keyed on the run I am not going to deny that. And dared Rivers to make plays. And he did!

The point is they defense the Colts ran made it easy on Rivers... You can't go by this game as a meassurement for Rivers. He threw the ball less than 20 times, his one TD was a flip pass, and Rivers had a lot of man on man coverages where his receivers made some big plays. The fact is the Colts tried to stop the run, which they did ok at, but not amazing and that made it easy for Rivers take advantage of mismatches down the field. Rivers performance was over-rated, just like he is.

Bronco9798
01-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Putting Marlin Jackson on V. Jackson was a huge mistake and the Colts never corrected it.

sanluis
01-14-2008, 03:12 PM
The point is they defense the Colts ran made it easy on Rivers... You can't go by this game as a meassurement for Rivers. He threw the ball less than 20 times, his one TD was a flip pass, and Rivers had a lot of man on man coverages where his receivers made some big plays. The fact is the Colts tried to stop the run, which they did ok at, but not amazing and that made it easy for Rivers take advantage of mismatches down the field. Rivers performance was over-rated, just like he is.

Are you telling me Boss, that any QB could go into the colts home and with the team the Chargers have do the same thing Rivers did? :confused:

I have my doubts man.:lol:

But if you r that is kind of a big complement! :shocked::lol:

BOSSHOGG30
01-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Are you telling me Boss, that any QB could go into the colts home and with the team the Chargers have do the same thing Rivers did? :confused:

I'm not trying to take away what the Chargers accomplished. They played terrific, but to make Rivers sound like like a stud because he threw 3 TD's versus the Colts is just stupid. I understand football and the facts are the Colts played the run which created mismatches for Rivers and the passing game, and the receivers, not Rivers did a great job. The one TD to Chambers was an excellent throw, I'll give him that one, but over all I don't think he did that awesome. How many times did you see Vincent Jackson wide freaking open? The colts played very bad defense. Sure the Chargers took advantage of it, but any QB in the NFL should be able to hit a man that open down the field or complete a dump pass to Sproles for a long TD.

BigDaddyBronco
01-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Rivers did have some nice throws, I'll give him that.

I still think the Chargers Oline, Dline, WR's, and LB's are the reason they won yesterday. The Colts were without Freeny and Booger McFarland so it's not suprising they didn't get much of a pass rush. Robert Mathis didn't do anything and they had to play 8 in the box to stop LT and Turner. The Colts don't have very good corners anyway and always need Freeny's pass rush and Sanders help on the run to help their defense.

The Chargers have played well winning the two games (against an injury ravaged Tenn and a stangely ineffective, rusty maybe, Colts team), but we'll see how they play against the Patriots before we give them any more credit.

AJ Smith can draft well, the Chargers have quality depth throughout their team.

Can't wait until the Patriots hand Rivers his head.

CoachChaz
01-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Rivers is still a "female dog" (for the faint of heart). If you haven't grown up enough at this point to withdraw from yelling at fans at half time and at the end of games, then you probably never will.

BOSSHOGG30
01-14-2008, 03:41 PM
If I was a Chargers fan I would be a little worried about my QB situation. What is up with him yelling at the Colt fans after the game? You didn't see him celebrating with fellow team mates, but instead you saw him jump up run over to the sideline bench near the crowd and start trash talking after the game. You want this guy leading your team? He is the only player beside T.O. and Rodney Harrison I would like to see someone jack him in the jaw and shut him up.

sanluis
01-14-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm not trying to take away what the Chargers accomplished. They played terrific, but to make Rivers sound like like a stud because he threw 3 TD's versus the Colts is just stupid. I understand football and the facts are the Colts played the run which created mismatches for Rivers and the passing game, and the receivers, not Rivers did a great job. The one TD to Chambers was an excellent throw, I'll give him that one, but over all I don't think he did that awesome. How many times did you see Vincent Jackson wide freaking open? The colts played very bad defense. Sure the Chargers took advantage of it, but any QB in the NFL should be able to hit a man that open down the field or complete a dump pass to Sproles for a long TD.

Well Boss it is a team sport and all credit should go to the team. The O-line and D played out of their flipping minds. The wide outs did a great job and if you want to give all the credit to the team that is cool with me. :D But don't complain when everyone gives Cutler's success to the team ;) Oh wait, he hasn't had any yet. Well when he does....:coffee: :lol:

slim
01-14-2008, 03:44 PM
If I was a Chargers fan I would be a little worried about my QB situation. What is up with him yelling at the Colt fans after the game? You didn't see him celebrating with fellow team mates, but instead you saw him jump up run over to the sideline bench near the crowd and start trash talking after the game. You want this guy leading your team? He is the only player beside T.O. and Rodney Harrison I would like to see someone jack him in the jaw and shut him up.

He is like a little boy...seriously; he acts like he is about 12 years old. He did play relatively well yesterday...I won't deny that. But, I don't think he is a top 10 QB.

Broncolingus
01-14-2008, 04:09 PM
Sissy ain’t a top 10 QB...even if you are a fan of SD, that's simply an idiotic statement and completely untrue.

Rivers has a great O-line, which was the reason for the success against Indy BTW yesterday, good WRs, and excellent TE, and oh yeah, arguably the best running back this decade and may wind up being in the top-5 of all time.

Couple that with the fact he plays on a team with an excellent defense, means he OUGHT to be having success.

He's the Trent Dilfer of this year's playoffs with the attitude and sportsmanship of a 4 year old.

NameUsedBefore
01-14-2008, 04:16 PM
I think it speaks volumes about the talent of the surrounding cast when the backups go in and still have pretty good success against the Colts starters. They didn't even miss a beat with a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string runningback and a backup QB.

Skinny
01-14-2008, 06:10 PM
I don't know if Volek looked better, Rivers made some big league throws as much as it hurts to say, but they did'nt miss a beat when Billy Boy went in IMO ...

weazel
01-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Man it sure is getting deep in here!! :lol: I am not surprised that there is hate for Rivers in a Bronco forum. But at least give him credit were credit is due. His smack mouth should give you plenty of ammo. You don't need to make things up about his play and Billy V. IMO. Rivers threw for 266 yards 3 touch downs with a 133 qb rating in one of the most hostel environments in football. He did this without LT, with a injured Gates on a bad knee against the defending Super Bowl Champions. His last play before his knee was re-injured went for a come from behind score at the end of the the third quarter. That is very impressive. So is the way Billy V. stepped in after Rivers went down. It was a great win and shows just how well Norv Turner has this team prepared. I was very impressed!:shocked:

where did I say theat Rivers played horrible?

I said that Volek looked just as good, and that you could throw almost anyone in that offense and they would look good with all those weapons.

If you want to argue a post, do it... but argue about what was actually stated and dont make up your own arguments.

topscribe
01-14-2008, 09:28 PM

I believe any half-way competent QB could have gone in and done for the
Bolts what Rivers did, and Volek proved that. Rivers had time to sit down and
eat his lunch for three quarters of the game.

Champ is right: Rivers is at best an average QB who has great players around him.

Oh yes, and Rivers is an immature, mealy-mouthed punk.

I once would have rooted for the Chargers. This next week, I hope they
get their teeth knocked out.

That is not smack: I really mean it.

-----

sanluis
01-14-2008, 11:47 PM
I believe any half-way competent QB could have gone in and done for the
Bolts what Rivers did, and Volek proved that. Rivers had time to sit down and
eat his lunch for three quarters of the game.

Champ is right: Rivers is at best an average QB who has great players around him.

Oh yes, and Rivers is an immature, mealy-mouthed punk.

I once would have rooted for the Chargers. This next week, I hope they
get their teeth knocked out.

That is not smack: I really mean it.

-----
Can't really disagree with you too much on Rivers behavior. And that has clouded the judgement of some people when it comes to football.

Consider the attached video. What would you call Nalen after seeing the attached vid ? Does his behavior make him a crap center? And Plummer flipping off the home field stands? Is he a mealy-mouthed punk too? :eek: I know people in the stands are yelling bad things, and that it would be best to not stoop to their level. But don't let one player jade your whole view. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anUD41amlqE

topscribe
01-15-2008, 12:16 AM
Can't really disagree with you too much on Rivers behavior. And that has clouded the judgement of some people when it comes to football.

Consider the attached video. What would you call Nalen after seeing the attached vid ? Does his behavior make him a crap center? And Plummer flipping off the home field stands? Is he a mealy-mouthed punk too? :eek: I know people in the stands are yelling bad things, and that it would be best to not stoop to their level. But don't let one player jade your whole view. ;)

You are really, honestly trying to equate Rivers' punk misconduct with that
of Nalen and Plummer? Really?

First, Nalen's move was a subtle one-time little gesture.

Second, you are perpetuating the dishonest allusion that Plummer flipped
off more than one fan. He also made a single, subtle little one-time gesture
toward one single fan. (I even have an idea of who that one fan was.)

Rivers, in the second Broncos game, was waving bye-bye and yapping his
mouth off at Cutler. He and your low-life linebacker. There was nothing
subtle about it. When asked about it, Cutler had the class to brush it off in
pubic with a "stuff happens" type of response.

After the Indy game, Rivers was talking trash to the Indy fans. To the fans
in the stands! I have never seen that of a quarterback. Ever! There was
nothing subtle about it.

There is no way you can compare Rivers to either Nalen or Plummer. Rivers
would not make a wart on either's butt.

And it is a gross insult to Cutler to mention Rivers in the same breath. Both
Cutler and Plummer have exhibited nothing but class. Rivers has exhibited
nothing resembling class.

Rivers is a punk. Something I have never said even about a Raiders QB. In
fact, I have never said that before about any QB.

-----

broncogirl7
01-15-2008, 12:19 AM
Rivers is a loser and classless jerk. I bet he was really pissed to see Volek pull the game off without him.

topscribe
01-15-2008, 12:21 AM
Rivers is a loser and classless jerk. I bet he was really pissed to see Volek pull the game off without him.

Well, he should have been, after Volek showed how a mediocre quarterback
could do exactly what Rivers had been doing. Volek's rating was 114.6.

-----

broncogirl7
01-15-2008, 12:23 AM
Well, he should have been, after Volek showed how a mediocre quarterback
could do exactly what Rivers had been doing.

-----

Oh so very true. I can't wait for this week's game.

broncosfanscott
01-15-2008, 12:35 AM

I'll admit that Volek actually impressed me on the winning drive. When I saw that he was still in the game I wasn't sure what was going to happen because when he was playing against Denver on Christmas Eve he looked pretty bad.

I don't like the Chargers like most or all Bronco fans, yet I will say the team played very well considering their key players were missing in the second half and LT for most of the game. Give credit to their backups for winning this one. One thing I must say is that the Colts put absolutly no pressure on Rivers and if you give a QB plenty of time to throw he will beat you most of the time.

As far as Rivers' actions toward the Colts fans after the game, I can honestly say I am not surprised. One of these days maybe he will win with class, however I don't see that happening because that is who Rivers is. He better be carefull though because one game somebody is going to clean his clock.

Oh and one more thing. On the video of Nalen, the Charger fans are acting like idiots and have no class.

omac
01-15-2008, 12:55 AM
Congrats to the Chargers! :salute:

Though Rivers continues to show that he has no class, he and his team still performed well and got the win. Let's just hope that when they get beaten and they get mocked by the opposing team, they don't start crying about it like LT did last playoffs. If you dish it like an ass, don't take it like a child.

Btw, as I said in the other thread, the playoffs are set-up pretty well for the Chargers, because of the weak afc-west; the only thing that didn't fall their way was Jacksonville beating NE. If that had happened, SD would have a great chance at reaching the Superbowl.

NameUsedBefore
01-15-2008, 11:35 AM

I'm assuming that's in response to Nalens attempted chop block during one of the games? It amazes me that that play still comes up when it was confirmed that an audible had been called and then changed (which is why not only Nalen, but a few others, including Rod Smith who actually ran half a route started the play). Of course, in response to this Igor punches Nalen in the back of the head which actually was no mistake, and Nalen gets called classless?

Whatever. Be sure to tell us whenever Cutler tells his own fans to shut-up or gets up on a bench and actually talks trash with the opposing team's fans. Seriously, there's banter between player and fan, and then there's the idiocy that Rivers showed by actually getting on top of a bench and throwing tirades at each other.

Orangeblood
01-15-2008, 11:57 AM
My reaction when he was trash talking with the fans at the end of the game was that he seemed to run back and jump up on that bench pretty easily. I had already questioned how bad he was really hurt, but that showed that he was pretty mobile. Makes me wonder how a guy can sit out of a playoff game ..especially when you have someone like Gates out there with a very painful injury. In other words I would say Rivers is a big *****! lol

topscribe
01-15-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm assuming that's in response to Nalens attempted chop block during one of the games? It amazes me that that play still comes up when it was confirmed that an audible had been called and then changed (which is why not only Nalen, but a few others, including Rod Smith who actually ran half a route started the play). Of course, in response to this Igor punches Nalen in the back of the head which actually was no mistake, and Nalen gets called classless?

Whatever. Be sure to tell us whenever Cutler tells his own fans to shut-up or gets up on a bench and actually talks trash with the opposing team's fans. Seriously, there's banter between player and fan, and then there's the idiocy that Rivers showed by actually getting on top of a bench and throwing tirades at each other.

No, watch the video. It was where Nalen made that little motion of grabbing
his crotch to heckling fans. That is supposed to be the equivalent of
Rivers' brazenly taunting the opposing team's QB one week and the fans
the next. Wonderful comparison, isn't it? :der:

-----

sanluis
01-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Excuses excuses, I make none for Rivers. What he does is wrong. So is the behavior of the Bronco players I have mentioned above. So stop trying to split hairs. :lol:

Hate Rivers all you want I don't really care.

You funny little Ponies!! :behindsofa::rofl:

topscribe
01-15-2008, 12:41 PM
Excuses excuses, I make none for Rivers. What he does is wrong. So is the behavior of the Bronco players I have mentioned above. So stop trying to split hairs. :lol:

Hate Rivers all you want I don't really care.

You funny little Ponies!! :behindsofa::rofl:

Rivers should only imagine being the man Tom Nalen is. I don't hate Rivers.
I simply am glad he is not a Bronco. Really glad. We don't need immature little
mental and emotional pipsqueaks such as he on this team. Cutler really
separated himself from that little dweeb in the way he handled himself in
the ensuing press conference.

Between all the crying and excuses of last year and the gloating and
taunting this year (and not just by widdle Rivers), I am glad I am not a
Chargers fan. I don't have to be ashamed to be a Broncos fan. I have seen
neither the taunting nor the excuses I have from that sorry outfit.

I don't hold the Chargers in high enough esteem even to hate them. I can't
say that even of the Raiders.

And to think I once kind of liked them. But that was a different time.

-----

sanluis
01-15-2008, 01:15 PM
Rivers should only imagine being the man Tom Nalen is. I don't hate Rivers.
I simply am glad he is not a Bronco. Really glad. We don't need immature little
mental and emotional pipsqueaks such as he on this team. Cutler really
separated himself from that little dweeb in the way he handled himself in
the ensuing press conference.

Between all the crying and excuses of last year and the gloating and
taunting this year (and not just by widdle Rivers), I am glad I am not a
Chargers fan. I don't have to be ashamed to be a Broncos fan. I have seen
neither the taunting nor the excuses I have from that sorry outfit.

I don't hold the Chargers in high enough esteem even to hate them. I can't
say that even of the Raiders.

And to think I once kind of liked them. But that was a different time.

-----

Come on Tops! You hate us! Having the Hated Rivers come into Denver and spank your team twice by a score of 64-6 this year makes you all crazy with anger. It is ..dare I say it, surpassing Denver fan's hate for the Raiders. It started last year when Rivers put his hand to his ear after the come-back victory. And now even the Denver players are getting into the act. Telling the world that they are getting their butts kick by Rivers, a mediocre QB at best and that it is the other players on the team that won the game. Not him, he had nothing to do with it! If Rivers had nothing to do with it then how did all these other great players get the ball? Rivers takes every snap!? :confused: What ever makes you feel better. :lol:

I hate Tom Nalen. He is a dirty SOB! Save your excuses, I don't believe them. But Nalen is a dam good football player. I can still see that. :lol:

Rivers is a good QB, he has great players around him and he gets them the ball. I hope he grows up and quits all his silly talk with the fans. They really aren't worth his time. I can disagree with his behavior and still see that he is a good QB. Just like I can see that Nalen is/was a good Center.

topscribe
01-15-2008, 01:52 PM
Come on Tops! You hate us! Having the Hated Rivers come into Denver and spank your team twice by a score of 64-6 this year makes you all crazy with anger. It is ..dare I say it, surpassing Denver fan's hate for the Raiders. It started last year when Rivers put his hand to his ear after the come-back victory. And now even the Denver players are getting into the act. Telling the world that they are getting their butts kick by Rivers, a mediocre QB at best and that it is the other players on the team that won the game. Not him, he had nothing to do with it! If Rivers had nothing to do with it then how did all these other great players get the ball? Rivers takes every snap!? :confused: What ever makes you feel better. :lol:

I hate Tom Nalen. He is a dirty SOB! Save your excuses, I don't believe them. But Nalen is a dam good football player. I can still see that. :lol:

Rivers is a good QB, he has great players around him and he gets them the ball. I hope he grows up and quits all his silly talk with the fans. They really aren't worth his time. I can disagree with his behavior and still see that he is a good QB. Just like I can see that Nalen is/was a good Center.

I don't hate a team because they beat us. Conversely, I admire a team who
can do that and win with class.

It's the "with class" part the dolts are missing . . .

-----

Broncolingus
01-15-2008, 01:55 PM
Rivers = suck-butt, classless, sissy, etc...

No points awarded this round...

Do not pass GO...

Do not collect $200...

Weak-link in an otherwise very good offense.

Rivers would have been 3-13 had he been the QB for the Bronco's this year.

sanluis
01-15-2008, 01:57 PM
I don't hate a team because they beat us. Conversely, I admire a team who
can do that and win with class.

It's the "with class" part the Bolts are missing . . .

-----

We will have to work on that!! :D

Medford Bronco
01-15-2008, 01:58 PM
We will have to work on that!! :D

just win this week and I dont care how :D:beer:

sanluis
01-15-2008, 02:14 PM
:tsk:
just win this week and I dont care how :D:beer:

Hey Med!
Nice Sig!!!:shocked:

It will take a miracle! Rivers will probably have to get into a fight before the game to really get his blood boiling for this one! :lol: Rivers is so weird how he loves to talk smack. It's almost like he feeds off the energy. The more names he is called the better he does. The Pats fans will be in big trouble if they bring River's mother into the argument. That is when his play goes off the chart!

Now if we can glue Gates big toe back on. That will really help. And Jamal the wall will need his ankle reconstructed. Rivers has two bad knees but can make plays with his big mouth if he has to so we are OK at QB. Then there is LT's broken knee. So we are going to have him hop on one leg. Should make it easy for Norv to get it done.

Should be interesting!:shocked:

kcvet
01-15-2008, 02:46 PM
Volek may get the call. Rivers is Q to start

Rivers Questionable for AFC Title Game

story (story)

Ricky
01-15-2008, 02:56 PM
Wasn't LT crying about the Pats being poor winners last year?

topscribe
01-15-2008, 02:57 PM

As the guy said, as he melted down, watching Champ shaving, "That's what I'm talking about." :nod:

-----

BigDaddyBronco
01-15-2008, 02:58 PM
:tsk:

Hey Med!
Nice Sig!!!:shocked:

It will take a miracle! Rivers will probably have to get into a fight before the game to really get his blood boiling for this one! :lol: Rivers is so weird how he loves to talk smack. It's almost like he feeds off the energy. The more names he is called the better he does. The Pats fans will be in big trouble if they bring River's mother into the argument. That is when his play goes off the chart!

Now if we can glue Gates big toe back on. That will really help. And Jamal the wall will need his ankle reconstructed. Rivers has two bad knees but can make plays with his big mouth if he has to so we are OK at QB. Then there is LT's broken knee. So we are going to have him hop on one leg. Should make it easy for Norv to get it done.

Should be interesting!:shocked:
Barf. Elway won a superbowl playing with a torn biceps muscle on his throwing arm and did you ever notice his knees at the end of the career. It's a stretch calling those braces.
Rivers just needs to have his mangina (I mean knee) heal up to the point of where he can get a cortisone shot. LT just hyperextended his knee, not like he can't play.

sanluis
01-15-2008, 04:14 PM

Yes he was, But LT doesn't do all the stuff Rivers does and he says he doesn't understand why Rivers acts the way he does with the fans. And LT never mocks other players that I can remember. He did have a big fit after the loss to the Pats last year.

http://www.chargers.com/news/advanced-media-player.php?reference=5-Sw_mfr_t-SAWuqjGU6Adr4I-J66SMJ1zeRocg7IOk

sanluis
01-15-2008, 05:16 PM
Barf.
Rivers just needs to have his knee heal up to the point of where he can get a cortisone shot. LT just hyperextended his knee, not like he can't play.

So you are picking the Chargers!!! :lol: Or maybe Norv was just saving the stars for the Pats game? :confused::lol:

:shocked:

Watchthemiddle
01-15-2008, 05:17 PM
So you are picking the Chargers!!! :lol: Or maybe Norv was just saving the stars for the Pats game? :confused::lol:

You had better hope you have the full complement of stars to go into NE.

Dang, why did you guys have to beat the COlts? Now I have to cheer for the Pats.

Well, I guess Merriman and Harrison can exchange Roids before the game.

BigDaddyBronco
01-15-2008, 05:20 PM

No, if the Chargers were completely healthy they would still get rolled by the Pats. I just don't want to hear the injury excuses from the Chargers or their fans. If LT looks a step slow or Rivers can't move then I'll shut the hell up. If they beat the Pats then it will be a huge upset and they will deserve the credit.

JCDavey
01-17-2008, 05:59 AM
wow those misfits turned this board into the freak ...that didn't take long at all lol