PDA

View Full Version : One Giant Team

Retired_Member_001
01-14-2008, 09:18 AM
One Giant Team

http://assets.giants.com/uploads/HOMEPAGE_STORY/FFEC87FA4ECD477AAB442305F87838DD.gif

The New York Giants are the biggest surprise this post-season. No one could have predicted they would have made it to the NFC Championship game. There is no doubt that they have been one of the best teams in the NFL over the last four games. The Giants nearly dealt a blow to the New England Patriots on the last day of the season, and they have just knocked the second best team in the NFL, the Dallas Cowboys, out of the playoffs. No matter what happens, no one will give the Giants credit. Even if they were to make the Super Bowl no one would give them credit, however the Giants seem to not mind this because it relieves some of the pressure.

"No one's given us much credit and probably still won't. But that's OK. We like it that way” Eli Manning said.

The Dallas Cowboys were clear favourites for their game against the Giants yesterday. The Cowboys had 12 pro bowlers on their team compared to the Giants lone pro bowler. If you look at the stats it looks like it was a game the Cowboys should have won. But hard work from the Giants and costly penalties meant it is the Giants who play the Packers in the next round of the playoffs, not the Cowboys.

“They came out here and just whupped us,” Dallas cornerback Terence Newman said. “Thirteen-and-three doesn’t matter. I was 100 percent sure we were going to win this game.”

Now the Giants are full of confidence, however they have a tough obstacle ahead of them, The Green Bay Packers. The Giants have not got a good secondary, it’s banged up and the Giants are now down to practice squad players, and that’s not good news considering the Packers are second to only the Patriots in passing yards. The Giants are going to need to rely on Michael Strahan and Osi Umenyiora to provide a solid pass rush. Just like they did against the Cowboys, the Giants are going to need to rely on their pass rush and blitz schemes on getting to the Quarterback before the Quarterback has time to throw. Brett Favre is not going to be an easy customer to deal with. The Packers also lead the league in yards after the catch, so it’s going to be very important for the Giants players to tackle well and watch out for the wide receiver screen pass, something the Packers do a lot of.

On Offense the Giants need to keep to their running game and just allow Eli Manning to manage the game. Eli Manning has come under heavy fire in his short NFL career but he is starting to show his true potential. As of recent times Eli Manning has been completing a high percentage of his passes and has been a deciding factor in games. For example, his last minute drive at the end of the first half essentially won the game against the Dallas Cowboys. Eli Manning has maintained composed and it has been one of the main reasons his team has gotten so far. Manning wasn’t spectacular against Dallas, but he made key throws and that’s all you can ask. The Giants also seem to have a good running game no matter who they put in there, Brandon Jacobs, Derrick Ward, Ahmad Bradshaw, they all do well.

The Giants seem to be peaking at just the right time.

"Right now I feel we are in our stride," Tuck said. "All areas of this team are really playing well. We are probably playing our best ball of the year."

Always look out for the underdog. Those who have watched the Giants recently will be able to say that the Giants are a team on fire. They are a team coached extremely well and a team mentally strong. With a pass rush that makes Quarterbacks soil their pants and a consistent running game the Giants are definitely a team to take seriously. No one would have predicted that Eli Manning would get further than his older brother Peyton, and no one would have predicted the Giants had a shot to get to the Super Bowl but they are here.

“ I will never get tired of hearing that ( The Giants are in the NFC Conference Championship game)” Eli Manning said.

The Giants definitely will be proud about their post-season run, even if they lose against the Packers.

Retired_Member_001
01-14-2008, 09:19 AM
Picture from the New York Giants website.

Quotes from watching the game and various New York Newspapers.

Medford Bronco
01-14-2008, 09:26 AM
I give the NYG full credit :salute:

great article wookie. now if they ever do get to the Bowl, I would love to see them beat NE if that is who they play.

Broncolingus
01-14-2008, 09:28 AM
I give the Giants 50% credit...

The other 50% I give to Jessica Simpson.

Retired_Member_001
01-14-2008, 09:30 AM
I give the NYG full credit :salute:

great article wookie. now if they ever do get to the Bowl, I would love to see them beat NE if that is who they play.

:laugh:

I think the Giants are looking good in my opinion. You never know what will happen in the playoffs, it's only one game. I think the Giants have a fair chance of getting to the Super Bowl and we only have to look at what they did on the last game of the season against the Patriots to see they do have a chance against the Patriots.

Let's not forget the Giants are really fired up, that could make a team play much better.

Thanks. :salute:

Retired_Member_001
01-14-2008, 09:31 AM

:laugh:

The Giants biggest defensive weapon.

Retired_Member_001
01-26-2008, 05:06 PM
I will be writing a Super Bowl preview that will be posted either Monday or Tuesday.

To add to the preview, I will also bew writing a Super Bowl review posted on the Monday or Tuesday after the Super Bowl.

:salute:

Watchthemiddle
01-27-2008, 07:58 PM

Maybe Gizzelle or whatever her name is can show up for the Super Bowl and wear a pink Brady jersey.

Retired_Member_001
01-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Sorry guys, I can't have the article up today. I promise that SOMETIME before the SUper Bowl, I'll have a review written up.

East Coast Fan
02-01-2008, 02:47 PM
In some ways the Giants remind me of out 1977 Broncos; no one expected them to do much of anything, let alone make it to the Super Bowl. But they did.

Medford Bronco
02-01-2008, 02:53 PM
In some ways the Giants remind me of out 1977 Broncos; no one expected them to do much of anything, let alone make it to the Super Bowl. But they did.

does that mean they will lose 27-10 :sad:

Medford Bronco
02-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Maybe Gizzelle or whatever her name is can show up for the Super Bowl and wear a pink Brady jersey.

I know most do not like Brady but I would not mind seeing Gisele

she is en fuego :salute:

East Coast Fan
02-01-2008, 03:37 PM

I hope not, but it's possible. As long as they don't have 8 turnovers like we did...

Retired_Member_001
02-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Tommorow I will have my preview posted incase someone cares. :laugh:

BANJOPICKER1
02-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Harshly put,lol:D

tripleoption
02-02-2008, 10:24 AM
I think the best thing to happen to the Giants this season was losing Jeremy Shockey to an injury. He was a cancer and they've been playing great since he got hurt.