PDA

View Full Version : Brady vs. Brett?

Uncle Buck
01-14-2008, 12:58 AM
Well, I sure hope so. I do not want to see punk Rivers enjoy the honor of even making the Super bowl. An ill-tempered little snot-nose at the helm of the otherwise worthy Chargers does not deserve the dignity of this level of play.

And while Peyton’s kid brother is certainly not undeserving of the honor, his appearance in this season’s super bowl would mean that Brett Favre is out.

So I want Favre vs. Brady. Well, I actually wanted Peyton vs. Favre, as I think that these two are better than Brady—with Brady stripped from the advantage of being QB for the best overall team in ages. (Of course, you got ask yourself… “what came first—the chicken or the egg?”)

As a sidebar, if this year’s Super Bowl is between NY and SD, I won’t even watch. Of course, I would be pulling for Eli over Rivers, but I honestly won’t care that much. I’ll just either drive up into the mountains and get lost in some micro-brewery, or not shave, sleep in ‘til noon, and catch up on this website that I’ve been thinking about reviving for years.

If it’s between NY and NE, this is a no-brainer. Of COURSE I want to see the Perfect Season!

But, for sentimental reasons, I want this year to be Brett’s year. I want him to go out in style. I want the fairy-tale ending.

I like Brett Favre. He owns rural land, and knows how to operate a chain saw (me, as an ex-logger in Orygun, I can identify). He talks the real talk. He does not want to be a sports announcer. He is still married to his school years sweetheart. He stood by her through cancer.

Here’s another thing about Brett Favre, in the “real” department. When asked who he would prefer to see next Sunday, NY or Dallas, in light of the fact that they’ve not won in Dallas, he responded with something like “Of course, we’d like to play the championship on our own turf (badly paraphrased, so don’t sue me)…. but, if we go to Dallas, worst thing that can happen is, we lose.”

Now is that a real guy or what?

On Tom Brady, I don’t know much about him to like, other than he is a real cool head on the field.

SR
01-14-2008, 01:50 AM
I think the Patriots will have a field day with the Chargers. I'm still shocked at the fact that the Bolts beat the Colts last night and even more shocked that the Giants beat the Cowgirls. What a wierd day in football yesterday was.

I'd like to see a Brady/Favre SuperBowl. Of all the teams left, I think the one that has the best chance of giving the Pats a run for their money is the Pack.

Watchthemiddle
01-14-2008, 02:01 AM
Brett all the way.

He has had a great career and I would like to see him go out on top like Elway did.

Cleveland Rocks
01-14-2008, 02:01 AM
Chargers - Patriots

Patriots - Chargers

Go Chargers
Go Packers

Then in the SuperBowl

Go Packers

Anybody but those cheating Pats.

SR
01-14-2008, 02:21 AM
Ahhh of course. The Pats are cheaters because they won every game so far this year. :rolleyes:

Watchthemiddle
01-14-2008, 02:38 AM
Everytime someone mentions cheatgate, it just fuels the fire for the Pats.

NE was slowing down later in the season and I can't remember what team brought it up, but someone did and NE kept rolling.

Then the Giants brought it up before their game and they could have beaten NE. The Jags brought it up before their game...I hope SD brings it up all week so SD gets beat by 60. :laugh:

Kapaibro
01-14-2008, 02:53 AM
I'd hate to see Rivers make it to the Bowl. I'd have to go with Favre over Brady. If the Pats are gonna get beat this year, please god let it be in the SB!

Bronco4ever
01-14-2008, 03:20 AM
Pats vs. Pack could be a fun Super Bowl. It's like the passing of the torch from a legend to a future legend. It would be awfully reminiscent of SB XXXII... John vs. Brett, big underdog, past vs. present. Has the makings of a memorable Super Bowl, media junk aside. I hope Favre goes out on top like John.

SR
01-14-2008, 03:23 AM
Favre isn't going out yet. He's playing next year.

Bronco4ever
01-14-2008, 04:21 AM
Favre isn't going out yet. He's playing next year.

That's what my dad's best friend says who's a Packer fan. Time will tell. If the Pack win the Super Bowl, maybe Brett will want to take a bow. I hope he stays though. He's good for the game.

SR
01-14-2008, 04:23 AM
That's what my dad's best friend says who's a Packer fan. Time will tell. If the Pack win the Super Bowl, maybe Brett will want to take a bow. I hope he stays though. He's good for the game.

He announced it last week I think.

Bronco4ever
01-14-2008, 04:39 AM
He announced it last week I think.

Hm... I guess I missed that. I hope he stays, but I still hold some feeling that he could call it quits if the right circumstances arise. Whatever happens though, I wish the best for the guy. He's a classy guy.

SR
01-14-2008, 04:51 AM
He announced it and then his coach basically told him not to say anything until the season was over to avoid drama. They said that on the pregame show Saturday.

Bronco4ever
01-14-2008, 05:17 AM
Ok, you win! :D :beer:

SR
01-14-2008, 05:25 AM
Ok, you win! :D :beer:

I wasn't trying to argue with you so I hope I didn't give that impression...just trying to keep ya in the loop as best as I can.

I'm a huge Brett Favre fan and I wish him the best this season. Hopefully they can handle the Giants at Lambeau. Hopefully Eli has one of his flop games where he's the best player for the other team.

Medford Bronco
01-14-2008, 08:29 AM
I would like to see

Sd vs GB

Bronco9798
01-14-2008, 10:21 AM
I'm going with the Giants and the Patriots in the Super Bowl. I personally don't want to see Brett get that second ring. I'm selfish here but since Brett broke Johns most wins record, I'd like to see John stay ahead of him with Super Bowl wins. Just a personal thing.

SR
01-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Why? John still has less SB wins than Brady, Aikman, Montana, among others.

Bronco9798
01-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Why? John still has less SB wins than Brady, Aikman, Montana, among others.

I really dont care about the others. John and Brett were in the league together far longer than john was with the other guys. Just a personal thing with me. I'm not a huge Favre fan at all. I wasn't referring to the others at all.

SR
01-14-2008, 10:33 AM
I really dont care about the others. John and Brett were in the league together far longer than john was with the other guys. Just a personal thing with me. I'm not a huge Favre fan at all. I wasn't referring to the others at all.

I gotcha. Favre is a class act though and now that Elway is out I don't see any reason for me not to root for him as long as he's not playing against Denver.

Broncolingus
01-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Both easily in the top-10 of best QBs in history...

I'll go with Brady...he's the only one other than Elway that can consistenly put a team on his back and win in both the regular and post seasons.

BOSSHOGG30
01-14-2008, 02:03 PM
I don't care who wins the NFC as long as they beat the Chargers if the Chargers get past the Patriots. Hopefully it is Giants vs. Patriots when it is all said and done.

Skinny
01-14-2008, 02:22 PM
Go Brett!!!!

BOSSHOGG30
01-14-2008, 02:29 PM
I'll take this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJRhagTmI64

omac
01-15-2008, 02:54 AM
Brett vs. Brady would be cool.

Like Elway was the last great QB of his generation to retire, so is Brett. He's the link between the past great QBs and the current greats Peyton and Brady.

Also, he'll be like Elway in that he'll have faced multiple HOF quarterbacks in the Superbowl, one in Elway and the other in Brady, just like Elway did with Montana and Favre, and the way Montana did with Marino and Elway.

It's only too bad that Peyton and Brady are both in the AFC; they should've faced each other in the Superbowl.

MileHighWrath
01-15-2008, 08:47 AM
I don't want Favre, Brady, Eli or cry-me-a to win anything. Couldn't care less about any sentimentality towards whomever for whatever reason. Their individual places in football history? Pff, whatever. Not that I don't appreciate all the things mentioned in this thread, I do, but none of them are wearing Broncos unis so whatever.

I think pack v pats will be a very good game but I also think the giants would give the pats a good one as well (as they proved just a few weeks ago). I'm torn as to which I would prefer to see. The only two things I care about regarding the last two days of football games are:

1. The chargers get their asses beat and cry-me-a gets sacked viciously and repeatedly and hopefully is totally responsible for a humiliating loss due to fumbles and interceptions. Oh, and it happens this weekend. While the last few teams to play the pats have done so very well, I want the chargers to be totally embarrassed.

2. The SB is a great football game showcasing some awesome plays and leaving the out-come unknown until the last few minutes or seconds. Regardless of who wins it's always notable; Favre's age & career, etc, pats perfect season (ha ha dolphin geezers!), Mannings' winning back to back...

Just give me high quality football to watch and I'll be as happy as I can be without the Broncos being a part of it all.

omac
01-15-2008, 10:55 AM
I wouldn't get much satisfaction from another team humiliating Rivers and the Chargers; it's like letting someone else fight the fights you can't win for yourself. I'll wait until the Broncos beat them by and for themselves, not celebrate when the Pats or another team does it. But that's just me. :cheers:

MNPatsFan
01-15-2008, 02:25 PM
I would like to see

Sd vs GBTraitor!!:tsk:

Hey Med, I see that the Broncos play the Pats next year! Maybe I can fly out to NE and we could go to the game together to hopefully watch the Pats break the Broncos historical ownage of the Pats?;)

Medford Bronco
01-15-2008, 02:34 PM
Traitor!!:tsk:

Hey Med, I see that the Broncos play the Pats next year! Maybe I can fly out to NE and we could go to the game together to hopefully watch the Pats break the Broncos historical ownage of the Pats?;)

nah not a traiter, just being honest. ;)

btw that would be great if you came. I am trying to go to that game next year as well. :salute:

I mapped out this scenario to my brotherinlaw.

Pats go 19-0, start next year 3-0 and in week 4 Denver comes to town to stop the streak :D yes jaded but would not shock me. lol one can dream right? :laugh:

MNPatsFan
01-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Obviously I'm hoping for a Patriots Super Bowl victory because I am a Pats fan.:elefant:

Moreover, I want to see the Pats go 19-0 and shut up the 1972 Dolphins who are really annoying me with their grumpiness and drivel.:mad: If the Pats fail to go 19-0, then I will be rooting for the Pats or any team other than the Dolphins to go 19-0 to shut the 1972 Dolphins up for good!!:salute:

As for an opponent, I would like to see a Pats-Packers Super Bowl so that the Pats can hopefully avenge their SB loss to the Pack.:laugh:

MileHighWrath
01-15-2008, 04:04 PM
I wouldn't get much satisfaction from another team humiliating Rivers and the Chargers; it's like letting someone else fight the fights you can't win for yourself. I'll wait until the Broncos beat them by and for themselves, not celebrate when the Pats or another team does it. But that's just me. :cheers:
Not a celebration.

More like in 2003 when the chokeland gayturds went to the Superbowl and were completely embarrassed. I wasn't joyous that Gannon set records for number of INTs in a Superbowl, I wasn't gleeful that it took another team to beat them, I wasn't doing somersaults because they were totally embarrassed on worldwide television, internet, newspapers, etc. But I did enjoy it like I will enjoy it next weekend when the pats embarrass the chargers on national TV and cry-me-a does something stupid as usual and everyone gets to laugh at the girls in powder blew.
I won't be celebrating because the pats destroy the chargers. My reaction will be more like ...
http://www.esreality.com/files/placeimages/2007/57367-simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg