PDA

View Full Version : It would be nice if we could post with spreadsheets

fcspikeit
01-13-2008, 03:10 AM
Is there any way we could set the system to except spreadsheets?

I am a layman when it comes to computer lingo, so I hope I can describe this right?

When you copy a file like a players stats they are in spreadsheet, you can't post in spreadsheet so when you post the stats they look like this,,,

Season Team Passing Rushing Fumbles
G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost
2007 Denver Broncos 16 16 297 467 63.6 3,497 7.5 20 14 27 153 88.1 44 205 4.7 1 11 4
2006 Denver Broncos 5 5 81 137 59.1 1,001 7.3 9 5 13 85 88.5 12 18 1.5 0 8 2
TOTAL 378 604 62.6 4,498 7.4 29 19 40 238 88.2 56 223 4.0 1 19 6

If there was a code we could use to allow the post to except spreadsheets, you might be able to read that :lol:

This would be great for all the member who like to post the stats of a player or team, since most places with stats are in spreadsheet.

Is this possible?

Tned
01-13-2008, 03:17 AM
I don't know of any way to have spreadsheets in vB, but I will check.

The best option I have found is to first copy or collate your data in a spreadsheet, then paste it in a post, and then highlight the text and click the wrap code button that looks like #. This does the best job of keeping your formatting, but isn't perfect.

I think that you use this in the pickem, but it's really the best there is. I'll check and see if there is any kind of spreadsheet add on.

Only other solution is create the spreadsheet, then take a screen shot of it and then crop the image to just show the data, then post it as an image.

fcspikeit
01-13-2008, 03:49 AM
I don't know of any way to have spreadsheets in vB, but I will check.

The best option I have found is to first copy or collate your data in a spreadsheet, then paste it in a post, and then highlight the text and click the wrap code button that looks like #. This does the best job of keeping your formatting, but isn't perfect.

I think that you use this in the pickem, but it's really the best there is. I'll check and see if there is any kind of spreadsheet add on.

Only other solution is create the spreadsheet, then take a screen shot of it and then crop the image to just show the data, then post it as an image.

We need a "That went right over my head" :Smilie: :laugh:

I don't know how to take a screen shot, but I'm sure I could learn..

Your right, I do use this in the pick'em league. I didn't say anything about that because it has been said in the past, I am using the pick'em league to try and get what I want. Besides, I was able to work it out so we could actualy read the standings with out having to take the time to rework all the data.

What made me think of it was looking in the draft forum. Some times the player stats are hard to read. It would also save time for the poster if they didn't have to rework all the data.

If this isn't possible, I will delete this thread because there is no point in clogging up this forum with discussions of something that just can't be done.

I didn't know what the # was for :lol: I use the :code: but I stole that from other post's, by quoting them, then coping and deleting everything in the middle.

I'm sure using the # will save me some time :elefant:

Tned
01-13-2008, 12:28 PM
We need a "That went right over my head" :Smilie: :laugh:

I don't know how to take a screen shot, but I'm sure I could learn..

Your right, I do use this in the pick'em league. I didn't say anything about that because it has been said in the past, I am using the pick'em league to try and get what I want. Besides, I was able to work it out so we could actualy read the standings with out having to take the time to rework all the data.

What made me think of it was looking in the draft forum. Some times the player stats are hard to read. It would also save time for the poster if they didn't have to rework all the data.

If this isn't possible, I will delete this thread because there is no point in clogging up this forum with discussions of something that just can't be done.

I didn't know what the # was for :lol: I use the :code: but I stole that from other post's, by quoting them, then coping and deleting everything in the middle.

I'm sure using the # will save me some time :elefant:

First the # thing. If you post some text, then click the # button, which is to the right of the quote (http://broncosforums.com/forums/images/editor/quote.gif) button, it will wrap the code tags around it.

This method still isn't perfect, because it needs to have embedded tabs in the text, so you have to create it elsewhere.

I'm checking on some vBulleting support forums to see if there is any kind of spreadsheet plugin.

Rick
01-14-2008, 10:15 AM
I have not used it, so don't quote me as saying it works well, but you might try out this mod.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=107985

Tned
01-14-2008, 10:52 AM
I have not used it, so don't quote me as saying it works well, but you might try out this mod.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=107985

That one looks a little easier than some of the ones I have looked at on vB.org.

Looks like you simply have to put the | between data.

12 | 24 | 265 yds|