PDA

View Full Version : High 5

SR
01-12-2008, 07:15 AM
The system is garbage. People are already abusing it and I've had to delete a thread because of two punk kids making a mockery of my thread.

If this trial is going to work, we need a function to be able to allow a member to disable the function. It's irritating to look at and I don't like seeing my CP flooded with High 5 crap.

BroncoBJ
01-12-2008, 07:18 AM
:lol: Yea I read that thread.
I couldn't believe the comments that those 2 punks were making.
Pretty childish IMO.

But I actually like the high 5 system.
You can click the CP thing to show and hide it if you want.
I use to do that with Cps when I got tired.

Either that or I think the high 5's should show up at the bottom of the Cps.
That would work too.

BroncoBJ
01-12-2008, 07:20 AM
oh and one more thing I noticed is that it doesn't really affect the Cps much.

All the salutes and stuff from the past are still on the bottom.
Just that the High 5's take over it.
It should be the other way around since a High 5 is just a high 5.

SR
01-12-2008, 07:22 AM
I'm not going to minimize my CP just because of the High 5 crap. When people give me a MHS, I like to read what they say about my post.

SR
01-12-2008, 07:23 AM
oh and one more thing I noticed is that it doesn't really affect the Cps much.

All the salutes and stuff from the past are still on the bottom.
Just that the High 5's take over it.
It should be the other way around since a High 5 is just a high 5.

Yeah well when a couple of jackasses decide to go through all of the posts I've made in the past while and give me a High 5 on every single one of them just for the sake of pissing me off, it gets a bit annoying. What's even more sad is that said people have nothing better to do with their time.

BroncoBJ
01-12-2008, 07:23 AM
I'm not going to minimize my CP just because of the High 5 crap. When people give me a MHS, I like to read what they say about my post.

I do too. :salute:
But a High5 is just like someone leaving a Milehighsalute blank.

BroncoBJ
01-12-2008, 07:26 AM
Yeah well when a couple of jackasses decide to go through all of the posts I've made in the past while and give me a High 5 on every single one of them just for the sake of pissing me off, it gets a bit annoying. What's even more sad is that said people have nothing better to do with their time.

Yea I dont know who would go through every post and give it High 5. That would probably take a lot of time. But I've got a load of high 5's already too.

Its not to bad.

But I'm glad theres a thread for people to discuss the High 5 system.
Some people will like it.
Some will hate it.
Some wont care.
Others will quit the site because of it or maybe even suicide.

But personally I like it.
I could do without it but I like it. :salute:

claymore
01-12-2008, 08:34 AM

What thread was this?

SR
01-12-2008, 08:37 AM
What thread was this?

That I got all the High 5s for? About 10 different threads...Stand Ablaze and JC decided it would be appropriate to be idiots and piss me off.

This is the second thread about this topic that I made. They messed the first one all up, so I deleted it and started fresh.

claymore
01-12-2008, 08:43 AM
That I got all the High 5s for? About 10 different threads...Stand Ablaze and JC decided it would be appropriate to be idiots and piss me off.

This is the second thread about this topic that I made. They jewed the first one all up, so I deleted it and started fresh.
Roger. What would be cool is if the Nile High Salute was separate from the High 5 Kinda like the "Subscribed threads" separate from your CP's.

By the way you missed some Drunk bastages last night.

claymore
01-12-2008, 08:51 AM
Roger. What would be cool is if the Nile High Salute was separate from the High 5 Kinda like the "Subscribed threads" separate from your CP's.

By the way you missed some Drunk bastages last night.Never mind you were in the thick of it. I went to bed around 2:30 ish.

SR
01-12-2008, 09:03 AM

By the way you missed some Drunk bastages last night.

Why do we need to have a redundant system for acknowledging a good post? The MHS is permanent...

claymore
01-12-2008, 09:08 AM
Why do we need to have a redundant system for acknowledging a good post? The MHS is permanent...The MHS isnt permanent. You can only keep 25 regardless.

If you give it a chance, you will see that people that ordinarily couldnt give you a MHS, will give you a H5.

When you first log in, it gives a great indicator on your good/funny posts.

SR
01-12-2008, 09:10 AM
The MHS is permanent.

claymore
01-12-2008, 09:15 AM
The MHS is permanent.
You gotta show me, cause I have already lost some. I only see the 25 when you go to CP's.

DallasChief
01-12-2008, 09:32 AM
I like seeing what posts the other members think are good. It helps me to separate the idiots from the morons.

Kapaibro
01-12-2008, 09:37 AM
Like I said on the previous thread (BTW JC4MVP, it's a bit rich you coming on here when you're the reason SR deleted his first thread)

I don't like it, it makes the page look messy, and I prefer a more anonymous system.

Bronco9798
01-12-2008, 09:38 AM
i don't see how people get worked up over a little system that is meaningless. It's just a little button you can use to give somebody a little rep. BFD!!!! Good grief.

BroncoBJ
01-12-2008, 04:21 PM
i don't see how people get worked up over a little system that is meaningless. It's just a little button you can use to give somebody a little rep. BFD!!!! Good grief.

I agree. Some people feel they need to complain about it.

:lol: @ saying I trashed your previous thread.

I replied to your posts and I replied to Stand Ablaze's posts.
It happens all the time.

Theres far more things in life then a message board with a High 5 system.
Funny guy :lol:

frauschieze
01-12-2008, 04:31 PM
I like seeing what posts the other members think are good. It helps me to separate the idiots from the morons.

Bingo. It's just a public salute. Big whoop. I'd rather see a bunch of people's names below one post, than see ten variations on Good Post below it.

No need to worked up about it, SR. It's just a trial anyway. Give it a fair shot and I promise I won't high five every post you make. ;)

BroncoBJ
01-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Bingo. It's just a public salute. Big whoop. I'd rather see a bunch of people's names below one post, than see ten variations on Good Post below it.

No need to worked up about it, SR. It's just a trial anyway. Give it a fair shot and I promise I won't high five every post you make. ;)

Yea love it actually.
its a funny thing.

I give a High5 to every post I see it seems.

I have yet to lose sleep over it though. :salute:

Tned
01-12-2008, 04:38 PM
On a practical note, the fact that we have the High 5's automatically posting a coment in the User CP > Mile High Salutes REceived area, it is easy for MHS comments to get shoved off the page, since there is no limit (nor option to put on in place) on High 5's.

I have increased the number of MHS/High 5 comments shown in the User CP from 25 to 100, to combat this problem. I don't think that will cause any problems. Maybe 'slightly' longer load times on the user cp.

BroncoBJ
01-12-2008, 04:42 PM
On a practical note, the fact that we have the High 5's automatically posting a coment in the User CP > Mile High Salutes REceived area, it is easy for MHS comments to get shoved off the page, since there is no limit (nor option to put on in place) on High 5's.

I have increased the number of MHS/High 5 comments shown in the User CP from 25 to 100, to combat this problem. I don't think that will cause any problems. Maybe 'slightly' longer load times on the user cp.

Damn Tned.. you crazy :lol:
I see all these salutes now.

MileHigh salutes and High 5's are 2 different categories though I've noticed.
I've had the same cps as I did before except the High 5's just go on top.

Ablaze tested it out on me. :elefant:

fcspikeit
01-12-2008, 05:30 PM
Damn Tned.. you crazy :lol:
I see all these salutes now.

MileHigh salutes and High 5's are 2 different categories though I've noticed.
I've had the same cps as I did before except the High 5's just go on top.

Ablaze tested it out on me. :elefant:

:confused:

Mine appear in the order I received them...

BroncoBJ
01-12-2008, 05:31 PM
:confused:

Mine appear in the order I received them...

Really? I have yet to get a salute since the High 5 system has came out so I have all my high 5's up top and my salutes on bottom :laugh:

But all the high 5's I got(and I got a lot lol) dont do anything to the salutes. At least I dont think

BroncoBJ
01-12-2008, 05:33 PM
oh one more cute thing I noticed.
I cant give a salute and a high 5 to the same post.
Either one or the other.

I gave a high 5 and then tried to salute one of my homeboys and it didn't work and said I cant salute the same post twice. :coffee:

fcspikeit
01-12-2008, 05:37 PM

I like the high five system,,, But I would change a few things about it.

First I notice I give out high fives about 5 to 1 over the Salutes. To me it seems the high five says, this is a worth while post. It is if its ment for all members instead of just the poster. The Salute is given out to tell the poster how much you agree with their post..

The problem is,, to me the Salutes mean more. I don't like the fact all my Salutes with messages are getting pushed out. It would be better if they were kept separate. That way I can see all the comments about my post with the Salutes, and I will be able to see what the board as a whole thinks of my post's with the High Fives.

Tned-Mobile
01-12-2008, 05:47 PM
I like the high five system,,, But I would change a few things about it.

First I notice I give out high fives about 5 to 1 over the Salutes. To me it seems the high five says, this is a worth while post. It is if its ment for all members instead of just the poster. The Salute is given out to tell the poster how much you agree with their post..

The problem is,, to me the Salutes mean more. I don't like the fact all my Salutes with messages are getting pushed out. It would be better if they were kept separate. That way I can see all the comments about my post with the Salutes, and I will be able to see what the board as a whole thinks of my post's with the High Fives.

I agree. It will take some custom code to seperate them. I'll try and figure it out on the test server tomorrow.

BroncoBJ
01-12-2008, 05:48 PM
I agree. It will take some custom code to seperate them. I'll try and figure it out on the test server tomorrow.

Your too figgity :lol:
You post on like 3 different accounts.
Good stuff.
But yea try and test some stuff out man.

Your pretty good at computers. :salute:

frauschieze
01-12-2008, 05:55 PM

You may also want to look into an option to remove your high five, in case of accidental high fiving. I have been known to click the wrong button when I mean to quote a post.

Tned
01-12-2008, 06:32 PM
You may also want to look into an option to remove your high five, in case of accidental high fiving. I have been known to click the wrong button when I mean to quote a post.

Ok, I enabled that option.

As to seperating the MHS and High 5 in User CP. I took a quick look at my head is spinning from it. I will give it a shot tomorrow, but it might take me some time. Instead of just going in and modifying a single template, it looks I might have to create a vB plugin or something.

Anyway, I increased the number of MHS/High 5 comments, which is the short term fix, but I will do my best to create the custom code to create two seperate categories/lists in User CP. I don't know if I will be able to get it figured out tomorrow, so this might take a while to get implemented.

fcspikeit
01-12-2008, 06:49 PM

As to seperating the MHS and High 5 in User CP. I took a quick look at my head is spinning from it. I will give it a shot tomorrow, but it might take me some time. Instead of just going in and modifying a single template, it looks I might have to create a vB plugin or something.

Anyway, I increased the number of MHS/High 5 comments, which is the short term fix, but I will do my best to create the custom code to create two seperate categories/lists in User CP. I don't know if I will be able to get it figured out tomorrow, so this might take a while to get implemented.

How do I remove them?

Tned
01-12-2008, 06:52 PM
How do I remove them?

If you mean how do you remove a high 5 that you have given out, then the answer to that is go to the post that you gave a high 5 to, and then to the far right, below the quote, multiquote, etc. buttons, will be a link that says "Remove your high 5" or something like that.

Watchthemiddle
01-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Don't know if this would even work, but what about two columms?

One for Salutes, and one for high 5's.

I too like reading what someone says about a post, but I also like to get feedback via a high 5 on a post that someone liked it.

Tned
01-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Don't know if this would even work, but what about two columms?

One for Salutes, and one for high 5's.

I too like reading what someone says about a post, but I also like to get feedback via a high 5 on a post that someone liked it.

That would be even more difficult to implement than two sections stacked on top of each other (Like IP and CP on BM). Both in coding and also harder to read for people with lower resolution settings, as they would have to scroll left/right to view it all.

frauschieze
01-12-2008, 07:24 PM

Works like a charm. Thanks.

Seeing 100 lines of 'stuff' in my CP is crazy. I thought 25 was a lot. I'm used to 5.

Tned
01-12-2008, 07:25 PM

Anything for you ;)

Seeing 100 lines of 'stuff' in my CP is crazy. I thought 25 was a lot. I'm used to 5.

Yea, it's a lot, but our Mile High Salutes are getting pushed off the screen by the High 5's, so we will have to keep that high limit until I can figure out how to create seperate areas to display them.

frauschieze
01-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Anything for you ;)

Then hows 'bout switching off that pesky 10 character requirement.....:elefant:

Yea, it's a lot, but our Mile High Salutes are getting pushed off the screen by the High 5's, so we will have to keep that high limit until I can figure out how to create seperate areas to display them.

You may have mistaken my intent. It was more of a random comment. I really don't care how many lines are down there. In fact, 5 was definitely not enough at times. Last night being case in point. ;)

claymore
01-12-2008, 07:37 PM

Wow, that is crazy.

Tned, Im a pretty popular guy, I might need 250. TIA. ;)

frauschieze
01-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Wow, that is crazy.

Tned, Im a pretty popular guy, I might need 250. TIA. ;)

Neg rep.

claymore
01-12-2008, 07:42 PM
Neg rep.
All you can do is give rep, with a mean comment. Welcome to Cswil's world. :balloons:

frauschieze
01-12-2008, 07:47 PM
All you can do is give rep, with a mean comment. Welcome to Cswil's world. :balloons:

I can't even do that. I've given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours. :mad:

Tned
01-12-2008, 07:56 PM
Then hows 'bout switching off that pesky 10 character requirement.....:elefant:

Limit?

frauschieze
01-12-2008, 07:59 PM
this

EDIT: Woohoo! It worked.

I love Tned! :D

fcspikeit
01-12-2008, 09:17 PM
Limit?

I think she was talking about the post letter requirement?

Tned
01-12-2008, 09:19 PM
I think she was talking about the post letter requirement?

Yep

LordTrychon
01-13-2008, 01:37 AM
Yep

No.

SR
01-13-2008, 01:57 AM
No.

Schmegma.