PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Graham Arrested...

Italianmobstr7
01-11-2008, 05:37 PM
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jan/11/broncos-tight-end-graham-arrested/

Denver Broncos tight end Daniel Graham was arrested this morning on suspicion of criminal mischief and harassment after allegedly entering his ex-girlfriend's house without permission and damaging her bed.

Graham was arrested by Arapahoe County sheriff's deputies following an argument Thursday afternoon, when Graham allegedly showed up at the woman's residence in the 5600 block of S. Helena Court and the two quarreled about selling the house, according to a press release. He is the father of her son, according to the release.

When police responded to that call, the woman reported a previous incident when Graham allegedly entered the house without permission on Sunday. The woman told police she asked Graham "several times" to leave, but he refused.

During the argument, police said, Graham struck a bedpost with his hand and damaged the bed.

Police arrested Graham just before 2 a.m. this morning and took him to the Arapahoe County Detention Facility. This morning, Graham appeared in Arapahoe County District Court, where he was released on a $2,500 personal recognizance bond.

His next court appearance is set for Jan. 18.

Graham is a former star for the University of Colorado, and a part of two Super Bowl championship teams with the New England Patriots. This was his first season with the Broncos. He graduated from Thomas Jefferson High School.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

What the hell? Why can't our players stay out of trouble?

claymore
01-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Dude probably owns the house too.

topscribe
01-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Perhaps the Broncos ought to invest in some anger management therapy . . .

-----

NameUsedBefore
01-11-2008, 05:41 PM
I hope everyone doesn't jump on his sack too quickly. Let's be slow, methodical, calculating etc. with our reactions to this...

With that said, commence the ridiculous and unnecessary lynching that always follow these things :rolleyes:

claymore
01-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Perhaps the Broncos ought to invest in some anger management therapy . . .

-----

I dont know who is guilty or innocent in this deal, and Daniel was obviously arrested but.............. These players are used there whole lives, yes they are living the dream, but the female in this situation is probably just as guilty of antagonizing the situation.

G_Money
01-11-2008, 05:42 PM
What is it with us and tight-ends with domestic issues?

~G

claymore
01-11-2008, 05:43 PM
I hope everyone doesn't jump on his sack too quickly. Let's be slow, methodical, calculating etc. with our reactions to this...

With that said, commence the ridiculous and unnecessary lynching that always follow these things :rolleyes:
That offends me. :D

Italianmobstr7
01-11-2008, 05:46 PM
We're starting to catch up with the Bengals as the Jail Blazers of the NFL. It's getting a little ridiculous to be totally honest.

BOSSHOGG30
01-11-2008, 05:56 PM
What a little *****.... I think it is time for Graham to upgrade and get rid of that girl.

BroncoWave
01-11-2008, 05:57 PM
We're starting to catch up with the Bengals as the Jail Blazers of the NFL. It's getting a little ridiculous to be totally honest.

You do realize the dude in your sig has been arrested?

Seems like a double-standard to me.

Italianmobstr7
01-11-2008, 06:00 PM
You do realize the dude in your sig has been arrested?

Seems like a double-standard to me.

I didn't point out Graham in general. Just our team. I'm not being a hypocrit believe me. It probably wasn't even Grahams fault to be honest. I just wish our guys would stay out of the news with the arrests. They should be in the paper with stories about how they've been helping out in the community or something, that's all. Sucks that he got arrested, but I'm not mad at him. I didn't even have it out for Henry after the whole pot smoking deal. I'm not hating on any of our teams players, just pointing out that our team as a whole is catching up to the Bengals in terms of players arrested.

BroncoWave
01-11-2008, 06:03 PM
I didn't point out Graham in general. Just our team. I'm not being a hypocrit believe me. It probably wasn't even Grahams fault to be honest. I just wish our guys would stay out of the news with the arrests. They should be in the paper with stories about how they've been helping out in the community or something, that's all. Sucks that he got arrested, but I'm not mad at him. I didn't even have it out for Henry after the whole pot smoking deal. I'm not hating on any of our teams players, just pointing out that our team as a whole is catching up to the Bengals in terms of players arrested.

Eh, I think we're still a while away from the Bengals. I can't think of any other arrests on the team other than Kircus and Marshall. I'm probably forgetting someone though.

frauschieze
01-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Time to break out the lie detector.

Again. :tsk:

BOSSHOGG30
01-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Brandon Marshall twice
Sam Brandon
Travis Henry (not arrested but still bad news)
David Kircus
Daniel Graham
Darrell Hackney
Todd Sauerbrun

underrated29
01-11-2008, 06:07 PM
That offends me. :D

He was being niggardly with his words. That also offends me :wink:

Dreadnought
01-11-2008, 06:08 PM
I'd like to know more on this. I'm not a huge Daniel Graham fan, but as these things go it doesn't look like the most heinous "crime" ever committed. I just can't get that worked up over it.

shank
01-11-2008, 06:17 PM
this seems ridiculous to me.

women who date pro athletes have them by the short hairs. if they do anything at all they can call the cops and ruin a player's reputation by saying that he damaged the bed and wouldn't leave...

not saying it's not true, but why is he arrested for not leaving (his) house and damaging a bed (that he bought).

sure there's uncertainty in if the house and bed were purchased by dan, but think about it... is there really any uncertainty?

if it's abuse, DUI, guns, drugs... sure arrest the guy. this just seems like an act of character defamation performed by the girl. I thought the same way with the marshall arrest, i mean, he wanted his damned phone *****! give it to him! false imprisonment psh! only with professional athletes is an argument an arrestable offense.

let's find out what happened before people call for dan's head.

(MHO)

BroncoAV06
01-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Domestic despute, from what I have heard he hit a bed post. Nothing about threatining are harming his ex. Yes it sucks that DG got arrested but no physical harm to his girlfriend, voices got loud and she doing what she can do got him arrested. Does not sound like a Ron Atrest type situation at all.

claymore
01-11-2008, 06:24 PM
Domestic despute, from what I have heard he hit a bed post. Nothing about threatining are harming his ex. Yes it sucks that DG got arrested but no physical harm to his girlfriend, voices got loud and she doing what she can do got him arrested. Does not sound like a Ron Atrest type situation at all.She's trying to get more cash out of him.

frauschieze
01-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Domestic argument between a man and a woman, the man goes to jail. Period. Doesn't matter who called the cops or what the situation is. It stinks and is grossly unfair, but what can you do?

mclark
01-11-2008, 06:33 PM
I hope everyone doesn't jump on his sack too quickly. :rolleyes:

"Jump on his sack": did you mean 'jump IN his sack'?

frauschieze
01-11-2008, 06:34 PM
"Jump on his sack": did you mean 'jump IN his sack'?

That's Henry you're thinking of. :laugh:

mclark
01-11-2008, 06:38 PM
That's Henry you're thinking of. :laugh:

Was Henry sleeping with his girlfriend?

frauschieze
01-11-2008, 06:44 PM
Was Henry sleeping with his girlfriend?

I misunderstood your post at first.

But now that you mention it......with Henry......you never know. :elefant:

BOSSHOGG30
01-11-2008, 06:53 PM
The former couple were believed to be arguing about the sale of their home. Another woman trying to milk a man for his money.

claymore
01-11-2008, 06:54 PM
That's Henry you're thinking of. :laugh:TH is the ugliest man to ever have nine kids when rape wasnt involved.

;)

frauschieze
01-11-2008, 06:58 PM
TH is the ugliest man to ever have nine kids when rape wasnt involved.

;)

Don't underestimate the power of the bling. (just ask jwalk)

Bronco9798
01-11-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm not surprised. We have hit the police blotter quite a bit the last few years.

topscribe
01-11-2008, 07:03 PM
I dont know who is guilty or innocent in this deal, and Daniel was obviously arrested but.............. These players are used there whole lives, yes they are living the dream, but the female in this situation is probably just as guilty of antagonizing the situation.

True. But the player needs to keep in mind who gets whose ass kicked . . .

-----

slim
01-11-2008, 08:50 PM
Who cares? He hit a bed post...BFD.

claymore
01-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Who cares? He hit a bed post...BFD.In a womans presence Slim.......... Get with the program. I hope he gets the chair. :scared:

slim
01-11-2008, 08:57 PM
In a womans presence Slim.......... Get with the program. I hope he gets the chair. :scared:

The hell you say....seriously, I don't care how many bed posts one many hits. If he wants, he can come to my house and hit mine. :elefant:

Watchthemiddle
01-11-2008, 09:04 PM
Brandon Marshall twice
Sam Brandon
Travis Henry (not arrested but still bad news)
David Kircus
Daniel Graham
Darrell Hackney
Todd Sauerbrun

Don't forget about the fender bender kicking of the bumper incident....

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

claymore
01-11-2008, 09:05 PM
The hell you say....seriously, I don't care how many bed posts one many hits. If he wants, he can come to my house and hit mine. :elefant:

Liar, accountants are just as bad as lawyers, they'll find a way to be Niggardly towards a mans rights. :elefant:

slim
01-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Liar, accountants are just as bad as lawyers, they'll find a way to be Niggardly towards a mans rights. :elefant:

LOL...keep it up and I'll call your wife and tell her to be niggardly with your beer. :elefant:

claymore
01-11-2008, 09:07 PM
LOL...keep it up and I'll call your wife and tell her to be niggardly with your beer. :elefant:
Ill Jap her with the scissor hold. :ridinghorse:Then lie to her about getting a new car......... Then the :lollypop:.......................... Lollypop.

pnbronco
01-11-2008, 10:35 PM

IM you know a lot of this is the news. There are a lot of players that do charity work and help in many different ways. How many "Breaking News" messages do you get on that. When the whole Plummer hit the bumper thing happened, he was on his way to donate a large amount of money to a charity. So which thing did the press keep talking about? Shanny donated like $ 50,000 of his pocket to help build the Darrent Williams Boys and Girls club I heard it by accident on the 950 show with Bell and Foxworth. Romo did a lot, and I mean a lot of charity work but what things did the news report on, his spitting. I think all news has a bit of the tabloid in them.

jrelway
01-11-2008, 10:38 PM
awful, what did graham really do to get arrested? phony bologna. i guess assaulting a bed post gets u in the can for a night.

BANJOPICKER1
01-11-2008, 10:42 PM

Hang em!!:D

slim
01-11-2008, 10:43 PM
awful, what did graham really do to get arrested? phony bologna. i guess assaulting a bed post gets u in the can for a night.

I've been arrested for less :elefant:

BANJOPICKER1
01-11-2008, 10:46 PM
IM you know a lot of this is the news. There are a lot of players that do charity work and help in many different ways. How many "Breaking News" messages do you get on that. When the whole Plummer hit the bumper thing happened, he was on his way to donate a large amount of money to a charity. So which thing did the press keep talking about? Shanny donated like $ 50,000 of his pocket to help build the Darrent Williams Boys and Girls club I heard it by accident on the 950 show with Bell and Foxworth. Romo did a lot, and I mean a lot of charity work but what things did the news report on, his spitting. I think all news has a bit of the tabloid in them.

SOOO,if you give away some money (for tax reasons) you should never be held to the point of the law??your immune??:D
You can do great things and still be a bad person...does not change anything..

slim
01-11-2008, 10:49 PM
SOOO,if you give away some money (for tax reasons) you should never be held to the point of the law??your immune??:D

Did they give the money away for "tax reasons"? Or did they give it because they thought it was the right thing to do?

pnbronco
01-11-2008, 10:50 PM

No, that's not what I said. What I said was that the news reports the bad, over and over and rarely the good.

pnbronco
01-11-2008, 10:53 PM
Did they give the money away for "tax reasons"? Or did they give it because they thought it was the right thing to do?

I think because it was the right thing to do, but I am a glass half full person.

Lonestar
01-11-2008, 10:54 PM

~G

The underlined and the hi-lited should answer your question..

Looks like we lose another player since we can't have any bad guys around any more..

Add a blocking TE to the wish list..

shank
01-11-2008, 11:03 PM
The underlined and the hi-lited should answer your question..

Looks like we lose another player since we can't have any bad guys around any more..

Add a blocking TE to the wish list..

i wouldn't worry about it. shanny is outspoken in his anti-bedpost beliefs.

i'm pretty sure this will result in a pay-raise for dan.

broncosfanscott
01-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Entering your girlfriend's house without permission at 2 a.m........come on now Graham think.

BroncoJoe
01-11-2008, 11:55 PM

WTH is wrong with these guys?

Probably his house. Get a lawyer. Probably she enticed him. Leave and call the police and/or lawyer. It's not like he can't afford it.

I just dont get it.

Watchthemiddle
01-12-2008, 12:01 AM
There has to be more to this story then what is being reported. Having an arguement and hitting a bed post is not worthy of going to jail.

She did say that he entered her house without permission on Sunday, but why didn't she report that on Sunday if it was that big of deal?

There is more to it then what we know..IMO

pnbronco
01-12-2008, 12:09 AM
Entering your girlfriend's house without permission at 2 a.m........come on now Graham think.

What's that old saying? Nothing good happens after midnight. For the Broncos it certainly seems to fit, most of the arrests I can think of happened then...

Tned
01-12-2008, 12:37 AM

~G

lol, good question.

As I understand it, the Broncos have a mentor program where retired Bronco players takes new Broncos (rookies and free agents) under their wing and show them the ropes. Clarence Kay made his debut in the mentor program as Graham's mentor.

Job well done, CK...

fcspikeit
01-12-2008, 03:44 AM

Be careful with your words,, You might get tagged for being a racist :laugh:

Golf Channel announcer suspended 2 weeks for 'lynch' Tiger comment (http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3189374)

weazel
01-13-2008, 04:04 PM
this is the most productive he has been since coming to Denver.

what a waste of money this guy is.

Lonestar
01-13-2008, 08:02 PM
this is the most productive he has been since coming to Denver.

what a waste of money this guy is.

Hey mikey likes him as a blocker and while his catches did not light many folks fire Jay would be dead without his help in blocking as would the RBs lack of yards.

He was however brought in to help by catching passes. Something if they fix the OT positions he might get to do next year..

topscribe
01-13-2008, 08:07 PM
Hey mikey likes him as a blocker and while his catches did not light many folks fire Jay would be dead without his help in blocking as would the RBs lack of yards.

He was however brought in to help by catching passes. Something if they fix the OT positions he might get to do next year..

If he can learn to get separation.

Seemed he found some difficulty there at times . . .

-----

Lonestar
01-13-2008, 08:17 PM
If he can learn to get separation.

Seemed he found some difficulty there at times . . .

-----

I think it was more like he had to stick like glue not to allow the DL into
to the back field..

He is a good receiving TE but this team at least last year could use him that way.

frauschieze
01-13-2008, 08:33 PM

He wasn't brought in to catch passes. He wanted to go someplace where he had an opportunity to catch more passes. Big difference.

Watchthemiddle
01-13-2008, 08:45 PM
He wasn't brought in to catch passes. He wanted to go someplace where he had an opportunity to catch more passes. Big difference.

So i don't remember the full story...did he want out of NE? Was his contract up? Unrestricted FA?

I wonder what he thinks about his former team? Although, even being 17-0 he probably would have been used even less then he is used here. NE doesn't even run the ball and rarely throws to the TE.

frauschieze
01-13-2008, 08:51 PM
So i don't remember the full story...did he want out of NE? Was his contract up? Unrestricted FA?

I wonder what he thinks about his former team? Although, even being 17-0 he probably would have been used even less then he is used here. NE doesn't even run the ball and rarely throws to the TE.

He was an unrestricted FA. He just wanted to go to a team where he would have an opportunity to be used in the passing game more than he was in NE.

weazel
01-14-2008, 11:19 AM
WTH is wrong with these guys?

Probably his house. Get a lawyer. Probably she enticed him. Leave and call the police and/or lawyer. It's not like he can't afford it.

I just dont get it.

what is wrong with professional athletes? steroids cause rage, pretty simple really.

Broncolingus
01-14-2008, 12:54 PM
Was anyone really surprised by this?

I wasn't...

Poet
01-14-2008, 05:19 PM

To be fair we got rid of most of our criminals.

And also to be fair if this was his first mess up he deserves another chance. If this was his second chance....

BOSSHOGG30
01-18-2008, 10:07 AM
Broncos TE Daniel Graham will not have charges filed against him stemming from an incident with his girlfriend last week.

Graham allegedly refused to leave an ex-girlfriend's home last week, arguing with her and causing damage to her bed. The district attorney's office agreed on Thursday not to file charges, according to Graham's lawyer, meaning he won't face any discipline from the league.
Source: Denver Post

xzn
01-18-2008, 04:04 PM
From what we read it doesn't sound like he did anything criminal. Maybe lost his a cool a little but it's not like he hit her or kept her locked in the house or anthing like that.

Still, Dan should stay away from that chick... nothing but trouble is gonna come from being anywhere near her....

broncosfanscott
01-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Professional athletes need to keep their cool when in situations like this or ones that can jeopardize their career. They need to realize who or what they could throw away their career for.

Lonestar
01-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Professional athletes need to keep their cool when in situations like this or ones that can jeopardize their career. They need to realize who or what they could throw away their career for.

when your thinking with your johnson and your macho this kind of crap happens..

I'd think he was raised better than that. His daddy will be coming over and put some whoop ass on him.

dogfish
01-19-2008, 12:58 AM
POSTED 8:44 a.m. EST; UPDATED 9:58 a.m. EST, January 18, 2008

LAWYER SAYS GRAHAM WON'T BE CHARGED by Michael David Smith

The attorney for Broncos tight end Daniel Graham says no charges will be filed after Graham was arrested last week on charges of suspicion of criminal mischief and harassment resulting from an incident at the home of his former girlfriend.

And the attorney, Harvey Steinberg, says the police acted irresponsibly in the arrest.

"This is the problem when police rush to arrest individuals without a complete, thorough and full investigation," Steinberg said, per Mike McPhee of the Denver Post. "Once that was concluded, the police determined that Daniel Graham had done nothing wrong. And there was absolutely no basis to believe he had committed a crime.

"The police leaked the information to the press that he had been arrested. So now, how do we restore Mr. Graham's stellar reputation?"

The arrest came after Graham's former girlfriend told police he was being argumentative and angry, wouldn't leave her home and hit a bed and damaged it.